PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Transportation to AWA from Lower Alabama

Katie
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I live in Lower Alabama across the bay from Mobile (in Baldwin County), about 6 hrs away from Atlanta. I'm 18, and have my own vehicle, but I definitely lack the skills needed to make that trip on my own (or with my 20-year-old brother, who has only been driving for a month). That said, I was wondering if anyone driving to <b>Atlanta from the Mobile, Baldwin County, or maybe the Pensacola-ish/Panhandle Florida area</b> would be willing to pool with us up there at any time from <b>4pm Thurdsay to Friday morning</b>. I will drive to you if you live about an hour away. And we (my brother and I) will totally chip in for gas, of course. If you live, say, 2 hours away, if you would meet us halfway, we would chip in even MORE for gas! XD;; I also would be VERY appreciative to ride along on the <b>return home on Monday. Any time</b> would work, really, as long as I don't get back at like... 1 am. XDDD;; Also, if you are coming from the lower Mississippi or Louisiana area (...though... this is... highly doubtful) and are passing through Mobile, a rendezvous point could be worked out. I'm sorry that I can't be more flexible, as I'm asking a HUGE favor, but I'm trying to work around being a high schooler. lol Also, if you're an hour NORTH of Baldwin County, I could drive up to a rendezvous point there. I've debated taking a charter bus, but because of all the stops they make, if I left on Friday morning, I probably wouldn't get to the con until eeeearly Saturday morning. That all said, I look forward from hearing from anyone who can help myself and my brother out. ^^ Thank you so much!

- Katie

guineapiglady
09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
If you don't mind driving up to Auburn, you might be able to get a ride with some of the AUSAM members. You could make a post to the livejournal community and explain the situation. Someone might be willing to help you out.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/ausam/

Katie
09-13-2005, 11:36 AM
If you don't mind driving up to Auburn, you might be able to get a ride with some of the AUSAM members. You could make a post to the livejournal community and explain the situation. Someone might be willing to help you out.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/ausam/

Thank you! Now THAT sounds like a good plan. My brother goes to Auburn. ^^ He'd be up there right now if he weren't currently attending a community college to save $$$.