PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody

Emeralda
01-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Okay.. Mo and I are almost done with Etoile and Coronet respecively. Anyone else joining in the craziness? Plus, what would be the best time for everyone? We're thinking Friday night. Comments, suggestions? Extra puppets? Evil Queens, flan..?

Celine
01-29-2003, 09:10 PM
I will be there (as Marjoly, currently the costume is over 75% done, I'm mostly missing the accessories like the hairband, bracelets, etc... don't have the wig yet, either!), Mappy will hopefully be attending as Gao, and another friend of mine is going to be Ferdinand (I just need to kick his butt to keep working on it, or I'll end up making it myself! yuck). Friday would be *super* since I have other stuff I'd like to wear on Saturday. What time? 4 or 5ish?

Emeralda
01-29-2003, 09:13 PM
I wasn't sure on the times. That's why I'm trying to get a concensus. But I figured Saturday was out, between the Tactics group, and any plans people might have for the masq.

5 on Friday sounds good to me though. Anyone else?

John Booty
01-30-2003, 04:16 PM
There's no way I could do it for Katsucon, but I'll be a GIANT STACK OF PANCAKES for a future con! ^____^

Edit: Perhaps I'll "research" by eating a giant stack of pancakes tonight! Mmm, pancakes

SailorMo
01-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by John Booty
There's no way I could do it for Katsucon, but I'll be a GIANT STACK OF PANCAKES for a future con! ^____^

Edit: Perhaps I'll "research" by eating a giant stack of pancakes tonight! Mmm, pancakes

':love:'

I liiiikkke youuuuu!

So does Emeralda.... hee hee hee ^^

Celine
01-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Booty should be L-kun, actually. ^_^

Emeralda
01-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Booty should be L-kun, actually. ^_^

Oh no.. I'm not wearing him! n__- Though Coronet's green dress for the ball is cute. AH! What am I saying! No NO!

SailorMo
01-31-2003, 09:34 PM
Well, I heard back from Katsu programming and it looks like my kimono panel is slated for Sunday at 11am.... so, friday is good for me. WHEEEE!!!

Celine
02-05-2003, 05:52 PM
-_- Honestly, I'm worried I won't be able to get it done now. I'm not at my sewing machine, and I have a lot of work to do still on the costume. Looks like Star Ocean is more likely than Rhapsody at this point.

SailorMo
02-05-2003, 05:59 PM
freaky.... I was just hunting for this thread to double check on when we're gonna get together...

Anyway.. WAAA!!! No Marjoly???? There's still time! heh heh... I haven't even started sewing Etoile yet.... Finished the fan tho... working on the boots right now...

ACK!!!!

::goes into panic mode::

Emeralda
02-05-2003, 07:21 PM
*borrows Kururu's fan and THWACKS Mo* Get to work woman!!!

Crap! I'm behind too, I spent most of last night hunting down my social security card for work. *grumbles*

Celine
02-06-2003, 12:54 AM
The major problem is that I am OUT OF HOT GLUE. And 99% of my costume is hot glue. It's the most exciting Marjoly costume ever... actually, it's probably the only Marjoly costume ever, which is perhaps a good thing, since then no one will mind the hot glue. I'll give you guys updates, but I'm going to have about four days to complete the entire thing, starting on Monday. It'll be... exciting. We'll see.

Emeralda
02-06-2003, 12:56 AM
*cheers Celine on, even making the Kururu doll cheer as well* WHEE! Hot glue is the saviour of us all! Wait, crap.. I dont get to use any on Coronet. But.. oh wait, heat n bond! Swwweeeet! Ugh.. I have to get going on the design. That's going to take at least a day on its own. Plus I screwed up and didn't buy enough white fabric, so I guess I'll be going to Jo Ann's tomorrow.

Celine
02-06-2003, 05:18 PM
^^ Any suggestions about what I could use for the bracelets? They need to slip on, but they're kind of triangular in such that they are larger in the middle than on the sides. I am stumped!

Yay, Emeralda! The heat n bond is my friend, too! XD You can finish! We can all do it! *starts the we-must-finish-Rhapsody-costumes support group*

SailorMo
02-06-2003, 06:13 PM
yipes.. ummm... I'm thinkin Super Sculpy, since it's shatter resistant.. cardboard or foamie would leave a seam.. AAAAAHHHH!!!!!! I dunno.. haven't made bracelets like that....

having a little trouble with Etoile's boots myself... particularly the back piece that laces... what I have done looks good by itself, but doesn't quite work on my foot. the sides (down by the arch) like to bow out. can't glue the sides too much to the tongue, then I won't be able to get them on, but it still bows... grrrrr..... know of any quickie shoe making tutorials online??

Celine
02-06-2003, 06:39 PM
I used to have these lotus bracelet things which would be perfect bases for the way I want to make them... but I can't remember where I bought such a thing. ^^ Hmm, about Etoile's shoes (I wish I had a pic of them in front of me), is there any way to incorporate velcro or snaps to make them stay on? If you get really desperate, you can always hot glue it once you have it on, but that's a one-time only solution. Maybe we should try the general help section of the boards... hehe