PDA

View Full Version : Ad Astra 2006!

chef_belegfea
09-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone had started planning for Ad Astra yet costume wise...

Jo_Canadian
09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
you already know i have man

lainey
09-13-2005, 09:24 PM
*raises hand* me too ^_^
D2R will be going, Potion X and friends as well ^_^

heki-chan
09-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Lol! Sorry guys, didn't realize that was an old one. *re-opens* Gonna change the thread title

Elemental
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
No problem Heki. *grin*

I've already planned for Ad Astra- in fact, I'm so far booked ahead I have plans for next Toronto Trek. I'll be running the masquerade again next year, so I expect to see you all there and entering!
For the Masquerade I'll wear Bellatrix Black, and for the con I'll be wearing my Sohrudyen costume with kia. I may finish my Puck costume from gargoyles as well.

Kia
09-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Yay! Ad Astra! :heart: So far, my plans are Soryuden (with Infini and Elemental) and Susan Sto Helit (from the Discworld books). Maybe High Wizard, but I'm not sure yet. ^_^

Kaijugal
09-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks for reopening this thread Heki! :bigtu:

I'll be attending the next Ad Astra Con Com meeting as soon as the date is announced I'll be 100% sure. (Hopes it isn't on the same weekend as a wedding! *no whamies!* ) ^_^"

I'll post all the current information then so plans can start being drawn. I can tell you have have a quite extensive program for costuming. Most of the panels and events will be on a more advanced level than those at Anime North. As well there will be several exclusively Ad Astra events that are sure to please. ^_^

Elemental do you need the info regarding the meeting date? I'm not sure if you're on the mailing list yet. Do you want to attend if you can, (show the masq director mug around a bit)? ^_^

Chanilye
09-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Some basic info for Ad Astra 2006, Ad Astra's 25th anniversary:

Web Site: www.ad-astra.org

E-mail : info@ad-astra.org (also many people read this thread that are chock full of Ad Astra knowledge)

When: March 31, April 1 and April 2, 2006

Where: Crowne Plaza Toronto Don Valley Hotel (on Eglinton, near the DVP)

Guests of Honour include (in alphabetical order):

Ray Bradbury (via satellite) (author), Terry Brooks (author), Peter David (author), Ray Harryhausen (classic stop motion animator, yay for skeletons!), Betsy Mitchell (editor), Rowena Morrill (artist)

__________________________________________________ ______________

If things go well I hope to compete in a Masquerade officially for the first time at Ad Astra 2006 :). *fingers crossed*

I should note that people were thrilled to see all of the costumers at last year's Ad Astra. One of our author guests commented that there was more energy at the convention than he'd seen in a long time and he thought that most of that was because of the costuming community.

Natif Beaute
09-14-2005, 03:52 PM

Eleryth
09-14-2005, 07:11 PM
I wish I could! But I'll have to hold out until 2007.... and I already have a cos half finished that needs to be worn. >.<

Sarcasm-hime
09-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Xiola and I have tentative plans for Kushiel Saga costumes AFAIK...will probably need to impose upon Kaijugal for her L337 back-painting skills yet again. XD

Jo_Canadian
09-15-2005, 01:58 AM
yea im definatley in, ive already booked that weekend off work. i was wondering something elemental, are you gonna need me for your masq team again this year?
and are we breaking out the turks for that occasion

lainey
09-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Does anyone know if that in costume and/or student discount will be aplplied this time?

Elemental
09-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Jo: I don't know about the Turks- I know Vincent won't be joining us, I'm not sure about Reno.

And I don't know if there will be a student/costume discount, but I'll certainly suggest it!

Jo_Canadian
09-15-2005, 09:06 AM
well would you like my help running the mask, i thought i did a bang on job last year, thought i may be able to lend you my services again.

Elemental
09-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh, of course! i need all the help I can get, and you were fantastic last year.

Jo_Canadian
09-15-2005, 11:17 AM
tell me what you want me to do and i will do it, just tell me sooner perferably then later so i dont end up running the green room again and not have a clue as to whats going on