PDA

View Full Version : Planned Costume for D*Con 2K6??

Pages : [1] 2

fightstar
09-13-2005, 10:47 PM
So now that Dragon Con 2K5 is been over for about a week or more what is everyone thing for next year. Dragon Con 2K6 what costume will you be planning? What are your thoughts? What will you retire or revamp into something better? Lets here it folks. Sure the next Dragon Con is a year away and you have time, but when you procrastinate time slips by you pretty fast. So, what are your plans?

a-tastic
09-13-2005, 11:06 PM
talk about someone raring and ready to go for next year (although, i must say, i've considered posting the same...)..
i'm definitely in the midst of working on the next batch of costumes. whee!
i think i'm going to go ahead and get my registration. the more money i save the better. and next year, i'm staying the whole con, and maybe working...because i've heard good reviews from people that worked at the con..

Skewed_Tartan
09-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Possibly Desire from The Sandman, since I went as Delirium this year. Desire would be harder to create than Del because Desire actually has fashion sense. :p But I love the andrgynous effect the costume would have if I pull it off porperly. :rolleyes:

Bevandera
09-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Loz from Final Fantasy Advent Children.

_T3_
09-14-2005, 08:15 AM
I intend to make further revisions to Vash, in particular I'd like to make the colors more accurate (ie replace the black stuff with dark brown) and make minor tweaks tot hings like the pads, straps etc. (Also I need to find those damn cosplay glases. The ones I have now are far too small. FAR.)

Also, I wanna do a version of Cait Sith, more inspired by Dirge of Cerberus than AC. I might try hauling the Pyramid Head stuff down again next year, if I pack efficently. (This year I hopefully won't lose the gloves...)

halafax
09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Im going to refine my grave costume and repair the things that got broken. My artimes costume never made it out of the closet.

AshleyV
09-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I am so glad someone started a thread like this. Even though D*Con is over for this year I cannot wait for next year.

I definatly have more Abigail Whistler cosplay in the works for DragonCon, in addition to Kaylee's Pink Dress from Firefly, and Rouge. I'm sure there will be more outfits added but as of right now that is my current list.

halafax
09-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I intend to make further revisions to Vash, in particular I'd like to make the colors more accurate (ie replace the black stuff with dark brown) and make minor tweaks tot hings like the pads, straps etc. (Also I need to find those damn cosplay glases. The ones I have now are far too small. FAR.)

Also, I wanna do a version of Cait Sith, more inspired by Dirge of Cerberus than AC. I might try hauling the Pyramid Head stuff down again next year, if I pack efficently. (This year I hopefully won't lose the gloves...)

Whats sad is I saw you at Con, you were running around on the same floor as we were. I was posing with Dante. GO figure...

drachen_katze
09-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I really want to do something recognizable & fan-girly next year. So I'm looking into a few different things..

- a Twi'lek (loooots of work)
- something from an anime -- i.e., Naruto: Sakura (easy outfit), Gaara (giant sand pot!), Temari (giant fan!!)
- since I love the medieval/renaissance styles, I could apply the same techniques towards a LotR costume -- I don't necessarily want to be Arwen, but she has beautiful clothes, and I have super-long brown hair...

I need ideas. ^_^

--Cat

Sarcasm-hime
09-14-2005, 01:12 PM
The guys at the Titan Comics booth talked me into thinking about doing a costume from this ooooold comic I used to read: Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld (http://bluecherrydoughnut.com/amethyst/issue.php). It would be interesting to see how many people recognized it....*lol*

TechieCL
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Let's see...I want to have a:

Screen accurate Browncoat Soldier (Firefly),
Chase aka Talkback (Runaways)
Andy Awesome (She-Hulk), the coolest android/legal intern ever
and AD Police Trooper (Bubblegum Crisis original OAV series)

Andy will be the easiest since all I need is grey body paint, a small chalk board, a box to use as a head and some guaze for the eye slits.

Chase, the 'fistigon' guantlets will give me ulcers trying to figure out how to build those...

AD Police trooper, I need a sewing machine to make the flak jacket (basically its almost identical to the jonin vest from Naruto but in police blue). I have the rest of the tactical gear already.

Browncoat soldier...I just need to get off my lazy arse and make that simple vest...

_T3_
09-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Whats sad is I saw you at Con, you were running around on the same floor as we were. I was posing with Dante. GO figure...

Oh, I was sad because I forgot my camera and wanted a pic with that Dante. (Since the 1% of people who aren't familair with Vash the Stampede almost always mistake me for Dante anyway. [In Salem, once, one kid thought I was Elvis. Buuuh??]) haw, I had fun palying that weird pyramid stacking game they have down there from time to time. I considered going and playing that as Pyramid Head, just for irony's sake, but they were long gone by that late in the evening...

halafax
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh, I was sad because I forgot my camera and wanted a pic with that Dante. (Since the 1% of people who aren't familair with Vash the Stampede almost always mistake me for Dante anyway. [In Salem, once, one kid thought I was Elvis. Buuuh??]) haw, I had fun palying that weird pyramid stacking game they have down there from time to time. I considered going and playing that as Pyramid Head, just for irony's sake, but they were long gone by that late in the evening...

*scratches head*

Um Dante does not have glasses, does not have yellow hair and does not wear a trench coat. Some ppl are silly. Your costume was great though. I have a few friends that would have cheesed. Then again I thought about it later we should ahve gotten a pic of you, me and dante.

Monicator
09-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Well currently im doing heavy research on how to make a hardsuit. Im planning on making the mjolnir "master chief" armor from Halo 1. That will probably be the only costume i'm going to make for next year since it will be very expensive. I'll make a new Cyrax soon also...Version 3! It will look EXACTLY like the sprite this time with no mistakes or I will kill myself! LOL Should be interesting to meet some of the Halo 2 cosplayers next year in my Halo 1 armor. First the 4'11 Cyrax...next the 4'11 Master Chief!

dagmarus
09-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Delta Marine from Black Hawk Down, Lots of Wash from Firefly, and Ed from Shaun of the Dead.

Skewed_Tartan
09-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Chase aka Talkback (Runaways)

If you go as Chase, I'd go as Gert, I swear, I still have lots of left-over purple dye. :cool: Plus it be an easier costume after Desire, and its always better to have more than one I think, cleaner for one thing. :p

TechieCL
09-15-2005, 11:27 AM
If you go as Chase, I'd go as Gert, I swear, I still have lots of left-over purple dye. :cool: Plus it be an easier costume after Desire, and its always better to have more than one I think, cleaner for one thing. :p

Now all'd we need would be someone to be "Old Lace"

Skewed_Tartan
09-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I could always just buy a stuffed dino to carry around, or just finally use that bastard of an iguana for something.

Tia
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
I really want to make Shaak Ti, but I don't know if it's going to happen. =/

Fyremistress
09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
we have soo much planned.. including Thalia, an exciting dawn entry, lady pendragon,revamped typhoid mary and a new rogue

D-Chan
09-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Hehe. I've already got at least one costumes for SURE planned. But the other ones keep shifting in and out.... I'll let everyone know.. maybe in like Janurary when I'm more sure.

fightstar
09-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Glad to see everyone posting on this subject. Yeah I know you all wanted to start this thread before me, but I beat you all to it. The important part is to get the ideas going and bonce those ideas off each other. That's the good part about the internet and that's the good part about cosplay.com.

As for me for next year's Dragon Con cosplay list I have a few planned. I'm diffenantly going to work on that Super Generic Ninja Cosplay I have always wanted to do. See what I can do about getting some other Cobra Uniform together. At the very least work on my sewing skills.

reannaremick
09-16-2005, 09:36 AM
The list right now is sooooooooo long and very sketchy, but here's a rough rundown:

First a whole bunch of twins with the lovely Winters Knight -
The Tonnika Twins from Star Wars Ep 4
Naria and Eriya (not sure which outfit yet) from Tenkuu no Escaflowne
DeeDee from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Ann and Tann Gella (the blue Twi'lek twins) from Star Wars Ep 1

Non-twin costumes -
The Bride from Kill Bill (possibly the pregnant wedding dress version, not sure yet)
Femme Mal from Firefly/Serenity
Femme Vigilante from JLU
Anya in her Bunny suit from Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Red Death from Phantom of the Opera (several things went wrong preventing me from wearing it this year)

and as always I will wear Kaylee from Firefly to march in the parade.

vittorio
09-16-2005, 09:44 AM
I've not made a final desicion, but next year I will probably be...

Sub-Zero from MK: Shaolin Monks (Totally different from the big shouldered Sub suit I wore this year.)
Sektor from MK:3 (Monicator's suit has inspired me and it'd be a good test of skills)
and maybe (big maybe) the WWE's "The Hurricane" (with a friend as Rosey).

Monicator
09-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I've not made a final desicion, but next year I will probably be...

Sub-Zero from MK: Shaolin Monks (Totally different from the big shouldered Sub suit I wore this year.)
Sektor from MK:3 (Monicator's suit has inspired me and it'd be a good test of skills)

Oh a Sektor, that will be awesome! If you need any help/tips making the Sektor suit i'll be happy to help. Mabey next year we can be the Sektor Cyrax tag team or something LOL...all we will need now is a Cyber Smoke... :D

TheWickedOne
09-17-2005, 04:33 PM
it seems early to be thinking about it, but i'll be bringing my sqall costume up to snuff. the gun-blade, which looked like ass in my opinion, will be taken apart from the revolver back, scrapped, recut, carved, shaped and molded to a more convincing and realistic feel and appearance. also, the group of heavily armed nuns from friday night will be back next year. we'll be walking around "convent deep" as the 'bad-habits' a couple of nights next year.

i don't know if any you saw the guy that makes the realistic masks, he was in the art exhibit.. any wy i talked to him briefly about an extremely difficult and expensive costume that may not be at dragon*con until 2007 or 2008. but will be absolutely amazing if accomplished.

those are the working ideas for now...

fightstar
09-17-2005, 09:00 PM
The list right now is sooooooooo long and very sketchy, but here's a rough rundown:

First a whole bunch of twins with the lovely Winters Knight -
The Tonnika Twins from Star Wars Ep 4
Naria and Eriya (not sure which outfit yet) from Tenkuu no Escaflowne
DeeDee from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Ann and Tann Gella (the blue Twi'lek twins) from Star Wars Ep 1

Non-twin costumes -
The Bride from Kill Bill (possibly the pregnant wedding dress version, not sure yet)
Femme Mal from Firefly/Serenity
Femme Vigilante from JLU
Anya in her Bunny suit from Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Red Death from Phantom of the Opera (several things went wrong preventing me from wearing it this year)

and as always I will wear Kaylee from Firefly to march in the parade.

Just let me say this. Meeting this woman for the first time in, off the message boards off of cosplay.com, was GREAT! You are what makes cosplaying wonderful. Seriously, I felt like I had a friend even before I shook your hand and gave you a hug. I wish you good luck on your planed cosplay ventures and I hope to have a better camera to record these moments in time. ;)

Rel
09-18-2005, 10:38 AM
At the moment I'm planning Storm from the first X-Men movie other than that not sure.

(Btw 06 will be my first Dragoncon and I'll be flying over from England for it! It'll be not only my first American convention but my first trip to America ever so I'm hoping it's going to be an experience.)

vampirate
09-18-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm planning on Red XIII for my Final Fantasy fix next year at D*Con. There's currently flamey tail planning being done. No fursuit, I'm working on a humanoid design.

For my comic book fix it'll be Two-Face, as a girl.

Willy Wonka(Burton style), again girly.

And Amalthea, 'cause dangit I will rock out with the Last Unicorn costume action eventually. I just won't let it be anything less than rockin' which is why I've been putting it off.

Oh ya, and an original Green Lantern design/costume. Yay for spandex/power ring action!

Skewed_Tartan
09-19-2005, 01:16 AM
And Amalthea, 'cause dangit I will rock out with the Last Unicorn costume action eventually.
Looking forward to seeing that.:love: I am absolutely bringing a digital camera next year.

CosplayerGabi
09-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I - love - you.
Seriously. Loz was such a loveable baddy. He wasn't even that bad, and he was cute.
I spoke to you briefly when I walked by as Zoe. The Wash that was with me is actually my guy and he's a Buffy fan so he was all smiles when he saw you guys posing.

Rel, D*con has got to be the best con for someone out of the country to try first. It's filled with such bustling activity, impressive costumes, wide fan bases, and fun.

As for me I'm brining back Zoe. She was very well recieved even if I didn't have the secondary belt done. I'm remaking the holster cause it was rushed and I think I can do a better job. I'll have the secondary belt next time. this time I couldn't find a buckle I was happy with the scale of.

Emma from Victorian Romance Emma. I'll probably have her done by then unless I decide to be someone else from the show.

Dark Duelist Anthy. I didn't get to wear her this year cause I left her epaulets at home by mistake. So I'll just save it for later :)

I haven't had anything impressive smack me on the head as something I HAVE to make yet. I'm sure something will come along by then...maybe a victorian dress or something. But that's not very specific is it?

halafax
09-19-2005, 11:11 AM
At the moment I'm planning Storm from the first X-Men movie other than that not sure.

(Btw 06 will be my first Dragoncon and I'll be flying over from England for it! It'll be not only my first American convention but my first trip to America ever so I'm hoping it's going to be an experience.)

Well if you are there, and see me, Ill be running around as Beyond the Grave, no matter what happens, stop and say hi. I hope that the Con is all that is can be for you. My con this year wasnt all that and a bag of chips due to costume stress. BUt there are cons like that....

either way I hope you ahve fun

Rel
09-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Well if you are there, and see me, Ill be running around as Beyond the Grave, no matter what happens, stop and say hi. I hope that the Con is all that is can be for you. My con this year wasnt all that and a bag of chips due to costume stress. BUt there are cons like that....

either way I hope you ahve fun

I'll be sure to say hello if I see you, one thing I'm looking forward to with Dragoncon is meeting other cosplayers! (The most cosplayers I've seen at a UK con was 15/20 and that was alot!)

Mouchi
09-19-2005, 08:51 PM
I want to do mostly soft part costumes next D*Con. After doing Jodo Kast in 03 and Master Chief in 05, I'm quite tired of wearing and lugging around armor. So next year I'm gonna try and have a Solid Snake and/or Cid Highwind :)

Southernl3elle
09-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Mine are:
X-Men Legends: Rogue
Hellboy: Liz Sherman
Mortal Kombat 3: Sonya Blade
Batman: The Joker (female version)

vampirate
09-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Looking forward to seeing that.:love: I am absolutely bringing a digital camera next year.

I almost had Amalthea this year. But my fabric was kinda wimpy and couldn't take the stress I was putting on it to make it look right. So I had to scrap it days before the con. But ya, definitely track me down next year!

DependOnYou
09-20-2005, 12:01 PM

I will fangirl. I will fangirl so hard. XD

And Amalthea, 'cause dangit I will rock out with the Last Unicorn costume action eventually. I just won't let it be anything less than rockin' which is why I've been putting it off.

You'll be getting at least one picture with the author, then, I'm sure? *grins*

*ponders making Schmendric for Dragon, since she really wants to crossplay him*

Hikaruchan
09-20-2005, 02:35 PM
The guys at the Titan Comics booth talked me into thinking about doing a costume from this ooooold comic I used to read: Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld (http://bluecherrydoughnut.com/amethyst/issue.php). It would be interesting to see how many people recognized it....*lol*

I would, I used to do fanart of it for a DC fanzine. If I ever dressed up from it I would probably do Turquoise.

Costumes I might bring - need to finish rosebride Kozue & Izayoi, Trinity Blood dress if I don't go insane making it.

vampirate
09-22-2005, 09:01 PM
You'll be getting at least one picture with the author, then, I'm sure? *grins*

*ponders making Schmendric for Dragon, since she really wants to crossplay him*

If Beagle comes next year definitely!

Schmendrick! I <3 Schmendrick so very much!

dagmarus
09-23-2005, 08:34 AM
As for me I'm brining back Zoe.

Good! I needs me a wife!

fightstar
09-23-2005, 01:44 PM

Hey Bevandera, you mean this fist shocking stud right here? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/neko_monja/loz-forest.jpg

caitlin1592
09-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I have 5 costumes planned for 2006. I have a Goth Girl outfit, Victorian Drusilla from Buffy, Prof. McGonagall, White Witch of Narnia for the parade and I have a Masquerade outfit. Goth and Prof are done. Victorian dru just needs trim, White witch is about 20% done and The Masquerade costume will consume any time between now and then. Usually about 850 hours or more.
I sent registration forms away on Monday of this week and rgistered for the parade on Tuesday. They wont let me book a hotel till about March so I have to wait. What costumes are everyone else working on?
Caitlin1592

Sarcasm-hime
09-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I would, I used to do fanart of it for a DC fanzine. If I ever dressed up from it I would probably do Turquoise.

Costumes I might bring - need to finish rosebride Kozue & Izayoi, Trinity Blood dress if I don't go insane making it.

I'd have to decide whether to do her standard costume, the 'formal' dress she wears briefly in issue 1, the combination of both that's on the issue 1 cover, or the more foofy and ornate outfit she wears much later in the series. XD The latter would offer more room for creativity, but would take longer.

Hikaruchan
09-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I'd have to decide whether to do her standard costume, the 'formal' dress she wears briefly in issue 1, the combination of both that's on the issue 1 cover, or the more foofy and ornate outfit she wears much later in the series. XD The latter would offer more room for creativity, but would take longer.

My favorite Amethyst outfit is actually the later miniseries outfit with all the purples (my drawing of it is 2nd pic at http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/2747/dcother.html ) - it probably would take forever to make though. Even the standard outfit probably wouldn't get much recognition.

D-Chan
09-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Well I've put down my *set* costumes that list my get longer but for now at D*C
Saria will show (that is the one for sure to get done)
Paine (if I manage)
LeiFang (which is premiering at Katsu but whatever)

And maybe then some butwhatever.

Just as a after mention. The Illusion Senshi have already decided to host a Legends of Zelda photo shoot if anyone wants to make a come back or join us again next year *nudge nudge wink wink hint hint* heheh yeah I'm given way early warning but we already set our plans in stone on that.

YunaheartsVivi
09-24-2005, 01:46 AM
My boyfriend and I have already begun work on Meroko and Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite and then some friends and I are planning a little twist on some old school nintendo characters for the costume contest :D

Bevandera
09-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey Bevandera, you mean this fist shocking stud right here? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/neko_monja/loz-forest.jpg

That would be him. Man, if I pull this off it'll be great. IF.

B Girl
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I've got Malon from Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Probably Tina Armstrong of DOA and i dunno what else...maybe rikku

Kiante
09-28-2005, 01:08 PM
You are doing the Meroko and Takuto costumes? AWESOME! I just started watching that series. :D

I should be Full MOon

Southernl3elle
09-28-2005, 10:46 PM
X-Men Legends 1: Rogue
Hellboy: Liz Sherman (only if my bf does HellBoy)
Batman: The Joker-Female Style

mocha
09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
X-Men Legends 1: Rogue
Hellboy: Liz Sherman (only if my bf does HellBoy)
Batman: The Joker-Female Style

Hey cool, I plan on doing Storm from X-men Legends 2. I'm not sure about the other cosplays yet.

CosplayerGabi
10-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Good! I needs me a wife!

Hello, Husband. If you done good, maybe I'll fix you some wife soup.

I'm pretty sure I saw you out of the corner of my eye a couple of times after the panels in Centennial. You were such a cutie pie Wash.

I'll also be Zoe at MegaCon with my real life Wash. He'll be doing a funny/ movie related version of him.

Luna Selene
10-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm considering about going to Dragon*Con this year as opposed to Otakon for my summercon fix, and I'm getting close to narrowing down costumes if I go. So far, these are the ones being considered:

Elizabeth Swann (plum dress), 4 different versions of Hermione Granger, Sir Integra Hellsing (knight suit), Sir Integra Hellsing (black manga suit), Julia (Cowboy Bebop), and Misato Katsuragi (Evangelion).

Any tips for a newbie to Dragon*Con but not cons in general? If so, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Vespertinal
10-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Wow... I had no idea so many people from the X-Men costuming board are on here.

I'll be wearing the following costumes:
Rogue - Mini Series Going Rogue
The Huntress - Huntress
Icabod's Mother's Gown OR Katrina's Peach Gown - Sleepy Hollow

And since I have one more spot, I'm debating over which one to add:
Mina's Red Absinthe Dress - Bram Stoker's Dracular (possibility)
Tifa Lockheart - Advent Children (possibility)
Lulu - Final Fantasy X (possibility)

Amethyst was one of the first comics my brother's ever purchased for me! I use to love it. My mother even created a costume for me to wear on Halloween, except I was the female version of Aquamarine; never did like the fact that my stone was male. ^^;; If you do cosplay as her, I'd love to get a picture with you.

Luna Selene, what versions of Hermione do you have in mind?

:)

fightstar
10-17-2005, 04:22 PM
forgive me for sounding so foolish. What is the website for the Official X-Men costuming board anyway?

Vespertinal
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
You didn't sound foolish at all.

http://cosplayxmen.conforums3.com/

vampirate
10-24-2005, 06:40 PM
And since I have one more spot, I'm debating over which one to add:
Mina's Red Absinthe Dress - Bram Stoker's Dracular (possibility)
Tifa Lockheart - Advent Children (possibility)
Lulu - Final Fantasy X (possibility)

I vote for anything Final Fantasy! Of course some of my motives behind that are selfish so that I can have more people for the photo shoot...

=)

_T3_
10-25-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm planning on Red XIII for my Final Fantasy fix next year at D*Con. There's currently flamey tail planning being done. No fursuit, I'm working on a humanoid design.

Oooh. That sounds nifty. I intend to begin working on costumes when (AND IF) my house is ever intact again. These non English-speaking workers were supposed to be done by the time the last Dragon*Con was over, but the heel-dragging has resulted in heat only having been restored two days ago. (Recovering from wisdom tooth removal while freezing to death is somehow LESS fun than it sounds.)

If I can get around to it, I might try being Vyse from Skies of Arcadia as well. I'd get to have glowing color changing cutlasses (plexiglass mayhap? Or foam like that Nightmare guy... hmm...) and perhaps a kickass pirate flag. Oh yes, I like that idea.

SnowCalla
10-27-2005, 11:49 AM
cool...I keep finding new areas of this board!

What I have planned for D*C2006

1. Tekken 5- I am going as Nina and my friend is doing Anna. We both grew up on Tekken and Streetfighter,etc

2. I may bring last years Sophitia - it was comfortable. I need to repair it and re-do the vest.

3. I am really trying to figure out how to do Infested Karrigan. The problem is a lack of quality screen shots - heck or even fan art.

4. Menolly from the cover art of DragonSong by Anne McCaffrey. I'm trying to figure out how to make the firelizards fly around my head. Some kind of motor attached to my back?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553258524/104-5030013-8892755?v=glance&n=283155&v=glance

That's it....

Vespertinal
10-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I vote for anything Final Fantasy! Of course some of my motives behind that are selfish so that I can have more people for the photo shoot...

=)

If you're having a Final Fantasy photo shoot, I'll definetly bring one or the other (or both knowing me). I love group shoots! And your version of Lulu is awesome; the color is perfect (purple is one of my favorites). :love: Nice job

SnowCalla, which version of Nina will you be doing? I use to play Tekken like crazy, but only managed to play up to number 3.

vampirate
10-31-2005, 09:33 AM
If you're having a Final Fantasy photo shoot, I'll definetly bring one or the other (or both knowing me). I love group shoots! And your version of Lulu is awesome; the color is perfect (purple is one of my favorites). :love: Nice job

muhah...My army, er that is photo shoot grows... :)

And thanks! I was rather pleased with how everything turned out too, and definitely yay for purple.

SnowCalla
10-31-2005, 09:37 AM

SnowCalla, which version of Nina will you be doing? I use to play Tekken like crazy, but only managed to play up to number 3.

Tekken 5 -

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekkenps2/characters/nina_e.html

Rel
11-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I've decided to bring along my Ceras Victoria to DC 06 as well (if I've found the right wig for it by then! And actually got around to sewing the thing together *looks a costume pieces stored under her sewing machine*) because very few people seem to have seen Hellsing in England so it's more likely to be recognised at DC.

Luna Selene
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Rel, that sounds great! I'll most likely have my manga suit Integral and anime knight suit Integra costumes for D*C '06. I'll be looking for you for pictures!

Rel
11-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Rel, that sounds great! I'll most likely have my manga suit Integral and anime knight suit Integra costumes for D*C '06. I'll be looking for you for pictures!

:D That would be awesome Luna Selene! Integra is my favourite character (I just happen to suit Ceras more in personality and looks) and it would be really cool to get pics with you :)

TheWickedOne
11-08-2005, 07:32 PM
so squall [I]may[I] be a go this year. if i can pull it off, it'll be sephiroth instead, only i'll be doing the version from 'kingdom hearts' if possible. the 'nuns' will be back in full force, don't know if xmen are in the mix or not. still planning the surprise costume for '07'08.

i'm a really skinny guy and i should be able to pull it off, but if i gain ANY weight, i may not, so it's still up in the air.

one thing that will definately happen in '06, will be a zombie horde. halloween proved that i have the make-up prowess to do it, i will be recuiting zombies from this sight as the time draws near. so keep your eyes to the forums in the future

vampirate
11-08-2005, 11:35 PM
so squall [I]may[I] be a go this year. if i can pull it off, it'll be sephiroth instead, only i'll be doing the version from 'kingdom hearts' if possible. the 'nuns' will be back in full force, don't know if xmen are in the mix or not. still planning the surprise costume for '07'08.

i'm a really skinny guy and i should be able to pull it off, but if i gain ANY weight, i may not, so it's still up in the air.

one thing that will definately happen in '06, will be a zombie horde. halloween proved that i have the make-up prowess to do it, i will be recuiting zombies from this sight as the time draws near. so keep your eyes to the forums in the future

Kingdom Hearts! I'm so excited about the new one coming out, whenever that'll be. And I'll totally be happy if any sort of Kingdom Hearts cosplayers want to get in on my Final Fantasy shoot.

And zombies, fun! I don't think I'd have the time to do anything else, (especially since it looks like now I'll have to fit some Star Wars action in sometime) but lemme know if you want some makeup advice.

a-tastic
11-13-2005, 12:11 AM
vespertinal :: yay!! someone else is doing Sleepy Hollow cosplays!!! i did my katrina riding gown last year, and i shan't be wearing it to 06 as i roasted allll day long in it.
from now on, when i wear a historical gown, i'm taking a fan with me, dangit. and not walking much.

this is my sort-of plan o' costumes for d-con 06:

queen mirror (brothers grimm)
himawari kunogi (xxxholic)
starfire (dc comics original)
susan's archer dress (c. of narnia)
possibly padme's dark senate dress or packing gown
some sort of lolita/egl, probably pink and yellow.

although, i'm only about ten percent into most of these things. we'll see. heh...

Rukia_Kurosaki
12-02-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm planning Kagome for it, regardless of the bs against anime this year. I'm going into the Masquerade with two of my friends and I dare them to mess it up for us.

sweetvenus
12-03-2005, 12:32 AM
I'll hopefully have my Presea costume done in time. :)

Rel
12-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Over on the X-Men cosplay forum we're trying to get together a full X-Men team for DC '06 (and we mean full- all characters no matter how major or minor!)

So far we have-

Rogue

Sabretooth

Polaris

Havok

Emma Frost

Shadowcat

Mystique

Gambit

Storm

Jubilee

Blink

Beast

We still need a few of the main players like Cyclops, Wolverine and Phoenix so if anyones thinking of doing an X-Men costume for the next DC they should come and join us!

X-Men Cosplay Forum (http://cosplayxmen.conforums3.com/index.cgi)

Rukia_Kurosaki
12-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I could probably do ShadowCat if it's just for a photoshoot. Which version? PM me with information on it.

fightstar
12-06-2005, 06:01 PM
X-men you say?! I might have to check that out. I am still planing to make myself a hella tight Generic Ninja costume. Well, back to work and research.

Monicator
12-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Scratch that Master Chief idea I had ealier...I'm gonna go with making Starfox from the old 64 days. Should be easier and cheaper to make and plus I have the hieght for it :rofl:

reannaremick
12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, as per usual, my previous list is almost completely going out the window, here's my current roster for this year which hopefully won't change much since I'm working on all of them in some form or fashion already:

Thursday: Vigilante from JLU (much more streamlined than his original JLA comic look, imho)
Friday: the LoveBot from Serenity, Zoe from Serenity, Dianne from Shaun of the Dead, The Bride from Kill Bill
Saturday: Kaylee from Firefly, Inara from Serenity, River from Serenity, Nancy Callahan from Sin City
Sunday: Zoe from Serenity and Claire from LOST

That's breaking all my previous records, usually I pack 10 and wear 9, so here's hoping I get all 11 costumes in this year! I've already started the list for 2007 too, anyone else? LOL.

adakie
12-20-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm taking my new Red XIII quad suit along with Blade and Jester from Puppet Master . . . and maybe something else . . . like Wrath from the FMA movie . . . I'm not sure about the fourth.

Fory-san
12-20-2005, 11:39 PM
I'll probably bring along a number of costumes but I certainly want to cosplay as Captain Tylor along with Harlock, Char, and some random person from SF shows possibly. ^^

BlueMew
12-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm considering about going to Dragon*Con this year as opposed to Otakon for my summercon fix, and I'm getting close to narrowing down costumes if I go. So far, these are the ones being considered:

Elizabeth Swann (plum dress), 4 different versions of Hermione Granger, Sir Integra Hellsing (knight suit), Sir Integra Hellsing (black manga suit), Julia (Cowboy Bebop), and Misato Katsuragi (Evangelion).

Any tips for a newbie to Dragon*Con but not cons in general? If so, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

I think you'd make a lovely Julia, if that's you in your icon photo. :)

BlueMew
12-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Well, I guess it's better late than never to a topic, no?

This is going to be my first D*Con, but I've had the costumes that I've wanted to do in the works for a few years now. . . .

So here's the plan:

Chaf'ees'aklaio- Star Wars EU: Survivor's Quest. I have the formal dress from the CEDF dinner with Luke & Mara completed, and will be taking that to Ohayocon for its debut, and will then see what needs tweaked. I hope to get the jumpsuit completed, but until I lose that final 30 pounds, I won't subject any of you to seeing me in a jumpsuit.

Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet, Syndic. I'm doing this in honor of Outbound Flight. Again, it's something I'm debuting at Ohayocon, but I already know I need to redo the SSI, and possibly make a better bandolier.

Jedi Knight Bariss Offee. I absolutely adore her robes, and even though all images of her holding a lightsaber look doofy, I'm going to give it a shot. Despite what my sig says, I'm NOT debuting it at Ohayocon. I haven't made the cloak yet. I do have her lightsaber, though.

Chiss Sith. Thanks to the wonderfulness that is the EU, I learned of a Chiss Sith colony. I already had a NJO Jedi costume in the works, so just a few tweaks to the costume, and I'll be done. :)

fightstar
12-26-2005, 11:31 PM
I have come up with a few ideas for Dragon Con 2K6. Dragon Con changed my life for 2K5 so I'll be 'dang gund' if I don't go and out in full style for the 2006 Dragon Con. So here is my plan.

Generic Original Ninja. Because I am tired of seeing people who buy an ninja uniform from some martial arts website and just parade around in it. I'm not knocking it if you do I am just saying it's time to take it to the next level!

Bleach. Shinagami, Ikkaku. If I can get passed the sewing needed for this cosplay then I am going to strut this guy! This also means makeup which is totally unfamilar territory for me.

Star Wars. Jedi, Mace Windu. It had to be done and I am the one to do it. This costume will not be done before the Bleach cosplay. If I can get past that one then I deserve to cosplay Mace. If not, well see you all next year.

Cobra Blue Suit Trooper. As always this is a fan favorite. All ya'll hates can keep your 'mean buggin' stares' we will still shine. LOL This one was my first full intro and break through to this wonderful world of being.

So what are you all planing? Drop us all a little "something something"! Keep us informed of your progress. Until then my fellow cosplayers, until then...

BlueMew
12-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Star Wars. Jedi, Mace Windu. It had to be done and I am the one to do it. This costume will not be done before the Bleach cosplay. If I can get past that one then I deserve to cosplay Mace. If not, well see you all next year.

I've actually yet to see a Mace Windu cosplayed. :) I'm already looking forward to seeing your costume.

Hikaruchan
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I've actually yet to see a Mace Windu cosplayed. :) I'm already looking forward to seeing your costume.

I've only seen 1 Mace cosplayer, there definitely needs to be more. Plus now there is a purple lightsabre can get for costume.

Rukia_Kurosaki
12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm taking my new Red XIII quad suit along with Blade and Jester from Puppet Master . . . and maybe something else . . . like Wrath from the FMA movie . . . I'm not sure about the fourth.

I'll be taking my movie Ed if you take Wrath. And if I have and owe Tifa by then, I'll take Tifa so we can have a small AC group ^^

AshleyV
12-28-2005, 09:33 PM
As of right now I will have several Abigail Whistler outfits from Blade Trinity, Princess Clara from Drawn Together, Kaylee (the frilly dress from Shindig), and Leia's Ewok Dress from Return of the Jedi. I may end up wearing Felicia from Darkstalkers one night.

reannaremick
12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Kaylee (the frilly dress from Shindig)

Please enter the Firefly costume contest! Assuming we get the time/an actual room to host it in this year, I'll be running the madness once again, and I love any Kaylee cosplayers, but esp the layer cake dress. So make sure you swing by the Southeastern Browncoats table the first day of the con to find out details ^_^

adakie
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I'll be taking my movie Ed if you take Wrath. And if I have and owe Tifa by then, I'll take Tifa so we can have a small AC group ^^

I'm debating on which would be better to take; movie Wrath or Roxas from KH2. Roxas will already be done, that's for sure, but I do want to finish up my automail . . . *ponders*

Rukia_Kurosaki
01-01-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm debating on which would be better to take; movie Wrath or Roxas from KH2. Roxas will already be done, that's for sure, but I do want to finish up my automail . . . *ponders*

-Would take Sora but doesn't think the Dad wants to deal with a Keyblade poking him in the head whenever the daughter doesn't get money to buy something-

scandia
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I'd love to attend Dragon*Con 2006. I am getting interested in some non-anime things. Plus DC does have an anime track.

Problem is, I also love going to AWA every year. And I live 5 hours away from Atlanta. And I have a full time job.

InuYasha Girl
01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm hopefuly going as Envy if my dad will let me out of the house looking like that. "winks" I'm just kidding my dad will let me out. And I'll probably go as Demon Slayer Sango too for Dragoncon. YAY! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

fightstar
01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I'd love to attend Dragon*Con 2006. I am getting interested in some non-anime things. Plus DC does have an anime track.

Problem is, I also love going to AWA every year. And I live 5 hours away from Atlanta. And I have a full time job.

I have never been to AWA, but I have been to Dragon Con. I was there this past year and if you have never gone you SOOOoooooooooooooooooo need to go. There is more, art, music, guest speakers, and night time fun than you know. Oh, and the have anime to.

scandia
01-06-2006, 07:36 AM
And if I were to go, I'll wear Violet Baudelaire one day and Aravis Tarkheena on another. The rest I would wear just anime costumes.

Rukia_Kurosaki
01-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm hopefuly going as Envy if my dad will let me out of the house looking like that. "winks" I'm just kidding my dad will let me out. And I'll probably go as Demon Slayer Sango too for Dragoncon. YAY! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I was Envy at AWA this year. When my dad first saw me, he freaked! I was so afraid of wearing Envy...-shudders- Anyway, I'm going to have an Inuyasha group at D*C. As of now, we don't have a battle Sango, so would you like to join us? I'll be Kagome and/or Riza in Kagome's costume.

InuYasha Girl
01-06-2006, 06:31 PM
I was Envy at AWA this year. When my dad first saw me, he freaked! I was so afraid of wearing Envy...-shudders- Anyway, I'm going to have an Inuyasha group at D*C. As of now, we don't have a battle Sango, so would you like to join us? I'll be Kagome and/or Riza in Kagome's costume.

I'll have to talk to my Uncle if I can hang out. If he says yes then I would be happy to. I know this is off topic but, does anyone have an idea on how I can bring my big boomerang in a four door car with four people and luggage in it? :confused:

Rukia_Kurosaki
01-08-2006, 01:33 AM
I'll have to talk to my Uncle if I can hang out. If he says yes then I would be happy to. I know this is off topic but, does anyone have an idea on how I can bring my big boomerang in a four door car with four people and luggage in it? :confused:

If you're anything like me and there's someone in the vehicle you don't like, tie them to the roof and put the boomerang in the car. DON'T REALLY DO THAT! If your car has a luggage rack, tie the boomerang to it and if the boomerang can be taken apart, take it apart.

ramesese
01-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Hello fellow cosplayers as you've guessed I'm a newbie but not a newbie in the costumed world. I'm a professional spfx artist and it's hard to find great forums such as this one[I know it's off topic-I really wanted to say that] Have'nt been to the dragon-con yet, but I made a lot of suits that a lot of people wore to the cons. I think this year I'm going to step out from behind the scenes and finally make that appearance just really unsure on what I want to be, probably the infamous batman..or the new superman that's hot. My site where my gallery can be found: www.gotham-enterprise.com

Rukia_Kurosaki
01-08-2006, 01:35 PM
If you're going to be Batman, you should know there's always a "I'm batman!" "No, I am!" fight at Dragon*Con. It's hilarious. You'd have fun there. :)

fightstar
01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Hello fellow cosplayers as you've guessed I'm a newbie but not a newbie in the costumed world. I'm a professional spfx artist and it's hard to find great forums such as this one[I know it's off topic-I really wanted to say that] Have'nt been to the dragon-con yet, but I made a lot of suits that a lot of people wore to the cons. I think this year I'm going to step out from behind the scenes and finally make that appearance just really unsure on what I want to be, probably the infamous batman..or the new superman that's hot. My site where my gallery can be found: www.gotham-enterprise.com

Dude!! I can't wait to see you, and your friends if you bring them, there. Dragon Con is a blast and a half. Glad to see you motivated to go.

By chance do you do commission work? Say, if someone has multiple sketchs of something they are trying to construct think you could pull it off? I know those questions are off topic, but I had to toss those in as well. ^_^

InuYasha Girl
01-09-2006, 04:54 PM
If you're anything like me and there's someone in the vehicle you don't like, tie them to the roof and put the boomerang in the car. DON'T REALLY DO THAT! If your car has a luggage rack, tie the boomerang to it and if the boomerang can be taken apart, take it apart.

Thx for the advice. Maybe if my little brother was going I could tie him to the car. :D Trust me he is not that little. Thank you again.

Vespertinal
01-10-2006, 02:06 AM
vespertinal :: yay!! someone else is doing Sleepy Hollow cosplays!!! i did my katrina riding gown last year, and i shan't be wearing it to 06 as i roasted allll day long in it.
from now on, when i wear a historical gown, i'm taking a fan with me, dangit. and not walking much.

Sorry for the late reply, but that's what I'm worried about.
Historical gown + heat = one passed out Vespertinal.
I don't want to cut corners with the under garments either, so I'll have to wait and see what happens. Chances are I'll only wear the gown for half a day or so. Katrina's Peach gown looks lighter, but I'm leaning more towards Icabod's Mother's simply because I love the color.

The Queen mirror from Brother's Grimm would be awesome to see! There are too few Brother's Grimm cosplayers out there.

As for me, I have two completed costumes (although they're also for AX):
Lulu - Final Fantasy X
Tifa - Advent Children

Rogue and The Huntress are 70% complete and won't be finished until a month before the con (when I'm sure I won't loose anymore wait - it's really a hassel to take in a body suit).

And I haven't even started Icabod's Mother's Gown. ^^; I may also add a Star Wars costume in there since my friend's plan to dress as Anakin, Luke and Leia respectively.

:skidude2:

TheWickedOne
01-10-2006, 05:46 AM
fine tuning on ideas for costumes so far:

zombie - general
costume- complete
makeup- no problem
hair- no problem

squall leonhart - FFVIII
jacket- back to design (0%)
costume- nearly all clothes (80%)
accessories- (100%)
hair- no problem
gunblade- keeping blade, redesigning gun handle (30%)

sephiroth - FFVII
body- got it
everything else- don't got it

bad habit - (nuns with guns)
custume- easy to make

ramesese
01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Dude!! I can't wait to see you, and your friends if you bring them, there. Dragon Con is a blast and a half. Glad to see you motivated to go.

By chance do you do commission work? Say, if someone has multiple sketchs of something they are trying to construct think you could pull it off? I know those questions are off topic, but I had to toss those in as well. ^_^
I believe Kayago what you said about the various Batman's you see at the con, I told my brother what you said we just could'nt stop laughing-LOL- Oh while I'm writing this is for FIGHTSTAR: [forgive me for replying to the comments this way, but hey feeling lazy today] I just reproduced 25 copies of latex masks today for a customer so I'm bushed]]yeah, I do lots of commission work, you can send some sketches to me i.e. email, and can make sculpt, then mold, and bring it too life. I use the paashe airbrush tool couple with other various painting methods. I can bring your designs too life. If you're serious do leave email. If you checked out my site, I have replica of the ninja costumes from begins which looks pretty cool, but I prefer original designs.

ramesese
01-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but that's what I'm worried about.
Historical gown + heat = one passed out Vespertinal.
I don't want to cut corners with the under garments either, so I'll have to wait and see what happens. Chances are I'll only wear the gown for half a day or so. Katrina's Peach gown looks lighter, but I'm leaning more towards Icabod's Mother's simply because I love the color.

The Queen mirror from Brother's Grimm would be awesome to see! There are too few Brother's Grimm cosplayers out there.

As for me, I have two completed costumes (although they're also for AX):
Lulu - Final Fantasy X
Tifa - Advent Children

Rogue and The Huntress are 70% complete and won't be finished until a month before the con (when I'm sure I won't loose anymore wait - it's really a hassel to take in a body suit).

And I haven't even started Icabod's Mother's Gown. ^^; I may also add a Star Wars costume in there since my friend's plan to dress as Anakin, Luke and Leia respectively.

Mmm..The Huntress sounds pretty interesting. I know exactly what you mean as far as the body-suits, especially when latex applies to it. I warn my customers all the time about it y'know as far as the heat is concerned. I have Nightwing it's 90% complete, I will post it here and on my site as soon as it's complete. It's pretty cool actually, it's a combo between the animated series and with a touch of Batman Begins, also doing a begins version of the infamous Robin sidekick.

Vespertinal
01-11-2006, 09:26 PM
One day I will remember not to post when I'm tired - it leaves for horrid spelling mistakes.

Mmm..The Huntress sounds pretty interesting. I know exactly what you mean as far as the body-suits, especially when latex applies to it. I warn my customers all the time about it y'know as far as the heat is concerned. I have Nightwing it's 90% complete, I will post it here and on my site as soon as it's complete. It's pretty cool actually, it's a combo between the animated series and with a touch of Batman Begins, also doing a begins version of the infamous Robin sidekick.

One of my favorite characters in the DC Universe is The Huntress, so I'm very excited to be back bringing a newer version of her to Dragon Con. It's nice to hear another person understands the workings of latex body suits. :)

As a fan of Nightwing, I have to say I'm quite excited to see the combo version you're creating. And a Begins version of Robin? I must see this when completed! Do you plan on bring one of them to Dragon Con?

I checked out your site and I recognize some of your work from past Dragon Cons. It would be great to have you there! Although.. I have to admit you make me want to shell out the money and pay for the Huntress costume (the image on the webpage is the one I'm working on) viewed on your site. As I still have to make seven more costumes for Dragon Con alone (they're for friends).

:cool:

Kandascending
01-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Mwhaha, I'm late...but oh well.

This year I wanted to do a few more female costumes. ^_^ See what large variety I could get.

I don't know if I'll be bringing my AC Tifa since so many other people are doing, heck I may spring for Yuffie. Who knows.

I'm definately revamping the Jinx costume as the wig was a lot crapier than I was lead to believe when I bought it. Also, actually going grey for it.

Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop

Mystique from X-Men

Merry's Fellowship outfit from Lord of the Rings

A pirate/Jack(ie) Sparrow, worked Fright Fest in the thing so I don't think it'll kill me

Either Gorgon or Zora Tunic Link for Ocarina of Time. I belive I've been told by several people to do this costume, so yeah. Weee elf-faerie-man thing in tights! *dance* I just realized this means I have to have the sword and shield. Crap.

And possibly out of complete randomness....One of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Or all four, who knows). But that's only if I get my other costumes done.

Rukia_Kurosaki
01-13-2006, 07:37 AM
I believe Kayago what you said about the various Batman's you see at the con, I told my brother what you said we just could'nt stop laughing-LOL- Oh while I'm writing this is for FIGHTSTAR: [forgive me for replying to the comments this way, but hey feeling lazy today] I just reproduced 25 copies of latex masks today for a customer so I'm bushed]]yeah, I do lots of commission work, you can send some sketches to me i.e. email, and can make sculpt, then mold, and bring it too life. I use the paashe airbrush tool couple with other various painting methods. I can bring your designs too life. If you're serious do leave email. If you checked out my site, I have replica of the ninja costumes from begins which looks pretty cool, but I prefer original designs.

Well, if he saw them, he'd laugh even more ^^

ramesese
01-13-2006, 11:42 AM
One day I will remember not to post when I'm tired - it leaves for horrid spelling mistakes.

One of my favorite characters in the DC Universe is The Huntress, so I'm very excited to be back bringing a newer version of her to Dragon Con. It's nice to hear another person understands the workings of latex body suits. :)

As a fan of Nightwing, I have to say I'm quite excited to see the combo version you're creating. And a Begins version of Robin? I must see this when completed! Do you plan on bring one of them to Dragon Con?

I checked out your site and I recognize some of your work from past Dragon Cons. It would be great to have you there! Although.. I have to admit you make me want to shell out the money and pay for the Huntress costume (the image on the webpage is the one I'm working on) viewed on your site. As I still have to make seven more costumes for Dragon Con alone (they're for friends).

:cool:Yes, I plan on bringing both characters to the con, and I'll post the pics here as well as on my site. Also by you being a fellow cosplayer I'll offer you a great discount if and when you decide to go with the Huntress costume. Wow, looks like you have your work cut out for you [7 costumes] and I can't wait to see you too at the con as well. Happy Costuming-

dagmarus
01-14-2006, 02:44 PM
I'll be doing MANY MANY versions of Wash from Firefly, a Black Hawk Down costume, Leto Atreides II from Children of Dune (with his screen-used stillsuit and crysknife, no less!), and Ed from Shaun of the Dead. If there's time, I might be doing an Arthur Dent costume.

Lafiel
01-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow I'm late coming into All this!
I had a blast Last year at Dragon con, Mostly wearing my Greg Horn version of Emma frost. I think this year I'm going to maybe hang that up and Give my Huntress (Batman - hush) a bit more floor time. Last year only had a chance to wear it for a short time on Saturday night. I"m trying to rework a bit to create a more realistic version of it as oppose to trying to get as close to the comic book as I can.. I really need to get a cape redone in somekind of latex or something... but I"m having a hell of a time finding anyone who can work in it. Ugh >.<

Also Hoping to do a new Blackcat as well.

Anime Costume-Wise, most likely bring a new version of Kasumi and If all goes well Gally/Alita from Battle angel will be my big costume. Usually I don't like brining more then 3 costumes.. I just hate the time to get in and out of them :P

I'm very excited for this year.
Maybe if i have time between all those costumes to Do a firefly group with some of my friends as River.

ramesese
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Wow I'm late coming into All this!
I had a blast Last year at Dragon con, Mostly wearing my Greg Horn version of Emma frost. I think this year I'm going to maybe hang that up and Give my Huntress (Batman - hush) a bit more floor time. Last year only had a chance to wear it for a short time on Saturday night. I"m trying to rework a bit to create a more realistic version of it as oppose to trying to get as close to the comic book as I can.. I really need to get a cape redone in somekind of latex or something... but I"m having a hell of a time finding anyone who can work in it. Ugh >.<

Also Hoping to do a new Blackcat as well.

Anime Costume-Wise, most likely bring a new version of Kasumi and If all goes well Gally/Alita from Battle angel will be my big costume. Usually I don't like brining more then 3 costumes.. I just hate the time to get in and out of them :P

I'm very excited for this year.
Maybe if i have time between all those costumes to Do a firefly group with some of my friends as River.
Wow, I believe I seen the pic of you as the huntress from last year's dragon con, if that was you that was a nice rendition of the infamous Huntress [was it you in the latest comic-version of the costume?] If you would like for me to do a nice latex cape for you I think I can pull it off for ya. You can check out my site where my gallery is found it's: www.gotham-enterprise.com :: I would love to see how your Black-Cat version of the character turns out if you decide to do it.

Mizuido
01-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I shall go as Sadako from Ring/Ringu. I basically have everything, but I need to tear the dress around the ends and do some creepy face/hand makeup. Woot for the nifty eye of death.

Lafiel
01-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Wow, I believe I seen the pic of you as the huntress from last year's dragon con, if that was you that was a nice rendition of the infamous Huntress [was it you in the latest comic-version of the costume?] If you would like for me to do a nice latex cape for you I think I can pull it off for ya. You can check out my site where my gallery is found it's: www.gotham-enterprise.com :: I would love to see how your Black-Cat version of the character turns out if you decide to do it.

Hello,
I think there was 2 huntress floating around At SDCC and D*C.
I was slightly shorter and my colors were brighter then the other huntress.
I was probably with a Poison Ivy and a Batman and Catwomen at D*C :)

If you could do that it would be great! Ill send you an email ASAP!
I have worn a Black cat that was my friends 2 dragoncons ago... (when she was wearing her cat women) but I want to have one of my own :D

vampirate
01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Just a little reminder. If there's any Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/certain Disney cosplayers here feel welcome to hop over to my thread and join my photo shoot if you'd like.

It started last year as a Final Fantasy shoot, and I'm really trying to include Kingdom Hearts costumes too now. And that's a variety that spans from Peter Pan, to Pirates of the Carribean, to Final Fantasy, to Beaty and the Beast, to Tron and all sorts of things in between.

ramesese
01-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Hello,
I think there was 2 huntress floating around At SDCC and D*C.
I was slightly shorter and my colors were brighter then the other huntress.
I was probably with a Poison Ivy and a Batman and Catwomen at D*C :)

If you could do that it would be great! Ill send you an email ASAP!
I have worn a Black cat that was my friends 2 dragoncons ago... (when she was wearing her cat women) but I want to have one of my own :D
It will be a pleasure to do that for you. Just email me the particulars i.e.[exact colors, etc]as well as the dimensions of the cape, and I'll give you a quote, from then I'll send you some example material of the latex with the color to see if the color will match your costume that will give you a feel as far as texture and color for the cape. We'll talk more

Dany
01-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Since it's been so long since I've looked at Cosplay.com..better update!

Dragon*Con is one of the two big conventions on my list this year, mostly because so-help-me-handshake I'm doing the Dawn competition. I'm not sure beyond this what costumes will be able to travel from California to Atlanta, but with access to a hardshell suitcase I am hoping that I can get what I do bring to the con safely. I had several things break on the way to San Diego last year, and I admit, I'm a little worried ;)

The requests I've had so far seem to be for my Mina Harker costume and D...though it's possible my Castlevania costume will also go as it will be done by then, as will my Witch Hunter Robin costume (we can hope that anyway!). My SO might have some of his things done as well...he's already got a Snape costume, and he might have Amon done as well. (and if he's really evil, there's Anakin too..)...

Hope to see some of you there :D

ramesese
01-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Since it's been so long since I've looked at Cosplay.com..better update!

Dragon*Con is one of the two big conventions on my list this year, mostly because so-help-me-handshake I'm doing the Dawn competition. I'm not sure beyond this what costumes will be able to travel from California to Atlanta, but with access to a hardshell suitcase I am hoping that I can get what I do bring to the con safely. I had several things break on the way to San Diego last year, and I admit, I'm a little worried ;)

The requests I've had so far seem to be for my Mina Harker costume and D...though it's possible my Castlevania costume will also go as it will be done by then, as will my Witch Hunter Robin costume (we can hope that anyway!). My SO might have some of his things done as well...he's already got a Snape costume, and he might have Amon done as well. (and if he's really evil, there's Anakin too..)...

Hope to see some of you there :D
It would be very interesting to see how that Robin Witch Hunter costume turns. I would like to see a pic if/when it is finished.

Chun Li
02-18-2006, 01:16 PM
If all goes well i should be wandering around in Angel's "Today 4 u" dress from RENT.

Miss Meru
02-20-2006, 02:25 PM
This will be my first Dragon*Con. I'm making Rosette Christopher from Chrno Crusade & will also wear my Hermione school uniform/robes. Oh yeh! vampirate is letting me wear her cute White Mage costume for the FF/KH group. ^_^

Dany
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
It would be very interesting to see how that Robin Witch Hunter costume turns. I would like to see a pic if/when it is finished.

Actually, if you peek a bit in Eurobeat King's galleries for WonderCon, there are some good pictures of us in there. Some were taken at AnimeLa as well, but I think I looked a little too wiped out ;)

A bit of an update for my part...I took an assessment of what I will have to do for DragonCon this year, and it looks like D and/or Mina may have to stay home for this. Of the two, I really want to bring D (because he's just a big ol' showstopper), but his sword will likely have to be shipped (and I'm a little stressed over that at the moment...).

Most of this has to do with the Dawn costuming stuff I'm bringing. Not only am I involved now, but now so is the Sweetie...so it means more space required. Yie. I make stuff that's too big....

fightstar
02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Actually, if you peek a bit in Eurobeat King's galleries for WonderCon, there are some good pictures of us in there. Some were taken at AnimeLa as well, but I think I looked a little too wiped out ;)

A bit of an update for my part...I took an assessment of what I will have to do for DragonCon this year, and it looks like D and/or Mina may have to stay home for this. Of the two, I really want to bring D (because he's just a big ol' showstopper), but his sword will likely have to be shipped (and I'm a little stressed over that at the moment...).

Most of this has to do with the Dawn costuming stuff I'm bringing. Not only am I involved now, but now so is the Sweetie...so it means more space required. Yie. I make stuff that's too big....

I remember you! You have the most awsome Voltron cosplay of all time, Prince Lotor. I was so hoping to see you at Dragon Con this past year then I read the news that you couldn't make it. :( However, you are going this year which is good. Fun to be had and fun for plenty. I hope to see the 'Dunpeal' out at D*Con 2K6, but do what you gotta' do.

I will be with Cobra, as usual. I will be a little more daring this year and do a little something from 'BLEACH'. I will also have a Ninja costume as well. Well back to those stretchs.

Dany
02-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I remember you! You have the most awsome Voltron cosplay of all time, Prince Lotor. I was so hoping to see you at Dragon Con this past year then I read the news that you couldn't make it. :( However, you are going this year which is good. Fun to be had and fun for plenty. I hope to see the 'Dunpeal' out at D*Con 2K6, but do what you gotta' do.

HAH! Yeah, Lotor hasn't come out in a little bit. I need to do some repairs, however. He took some abuse and there is a lot of stuff I would like to do to some of the pleather pieces. His helmet, however, is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. I want to someday walk around with a bunch of candy in it and offer it to people.

If I can ship D's stuff reasonably, I might be able to bring him for D*C, especially if I suddenly get inundated with people really wanting to see him. Besides, it could be a good practice for shipping that I need to do when I do WorldCon in Japan. So if I can ship him reasonably to D*C, I can do it when I go there too. :)

Heh...maybe that's what I should do. Post a survey. "What Costumes Should Dany Drag To Atlanta?" *LOL*

I think D would be a fun costume for the parade for some reason. Admittedly, however, I need to make a scabbard so I can carry the sword on my back, and keep some of the weapons people from being too concerned. Luckily, closer inspection reduces a lot of concern (especially when I literally rub my fingers on the business end and say "See? Sharp as a noodle!") but still...

I will be with Cobra, as usual. I will be a little more daring this year and do a little something from 'BLEACH'. I will also have a Ninja costume as well. Well back to those stretchs.

Mmmm. Cobra. There are some that think I'd be a spanky Baroness, but I keep wondering why. :)

fimion
02-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm considering Going to D*Con as Wash from Firefly, but with a slight twist. I'm not going to say what the twist is because I don't want to spoil Serenity for people who haven't seen it, but it will be rather... bulky... ;)

Chun Li
02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm considering Going to D*Con as Wash from Firefly, but with a slight twist. I'm not going to say what the twist is because I don't want to spoil Serenity for people who haven't seen it, but it will be rather... bulky... ;)

you are a bastard sir, a beautiful, cleaver, bastard.

Darth Takeo
02-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking of doing Spiderman since I'm constantly told by people I resemble Tobey McGuire... My only hang up is on whether I want to do the black and white version or the movie(classic) version of the costume... I made a poll in the "other costumes" discussion forum, but I'm still on the fence.

kelldar
02-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I have no definite plans for this year yet!
Most likely I will bring my new Padme lake dress, one or two of my Leia costumes (hopefully be Bespin Leia will be finished by then, and then probably slave Leia, too), probably Wonder Woman, Polychrome from the Oz books (since I didn't finish it for last year), and I'd like to do a Narnia costume...
LOL I just can't plan that far in advance!

Darth Takeo
02-23-2006, 09:14 AM
It will be here sooner than we think...

Skewed_Tartan
03-03-2006, 02:14 AM
For sure, Gert aka Arsenic from Runaways.

Not so sure, Katchoo from SiP, maybe White Queen from X-men.

Manda
03-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Deffinitely two new Dawn costumes. Possibly Red Sonja and Miss Marvel. Marvel Girl, Phoenix, Elsa Bloodstone from Nextwave.

ramesese
03-08-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm kind of stuck between the bat and supes

joeranger
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I was thinking braveheart if I can find the right wig...
USCM
Armageddon
Han solo

kitsunered
03-09-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm slooooow about responding to this thread because it took me this long just to settle on exactly what I was doing for Dragon*Con and set it in stone.

It's a long list, so bear with me:

Femme Mad Hatter for an all-girl Batman villans group.

Katrina van Tassel from Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow in her "New York Arrival Gown" for the Fabrications costume contest.

Miskatonic University Cheerleader for the MU cheerleading and football team group.

Ayanami Rei from Evangelion in her school uniform to go with my friend's Gendou.

My Akihibara dress (original design) for dancing or late night running around.

A 1940's style day dress for the Cthulhu LARP I will (hopefully) be running.

I might also repeat some old costumes, but right now this is the master list. The only one that still might be dropped is the 1940's dress, and only then if the gaming staff doesn't accept my bid.

ramesese
03-09-2006, 06:11 PM
That would be very interesting to see an all-girls Batman villain group. I think that would be a wonderful idea. If you need some assistance with latex-masks I'm your man www.gotham-enterprise.com my gallery is there.

vampirate
03-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Femme Mad Hatter for an all-girl Batman villans group.
I still can't decide if I'm in on this now, even though I started the idea. If I do I'm thinking Scarecrow now though.

I think I might drop out on Star Wars this time, again. We might be trying to dress my boyfriend up as V and I'm just not going to make that many costumes for him. And I'm not being Leia until he's Han. Although if he wants to I'll probaly make him a Rorschach(Watchmen) mask for the con since he could most likely buy the rest of that costume at a thrift store.

I'm steadily pulling things together for Wonka and Red XIII. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to have to buy a tophat instead of make one now, any suggestions of where to look?

ramesese
03-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Oh, so the brilliant idea for the all-girls bat-villain group was yours well my tophat off to ya! Well my best guest is a local costume-shop may have a good tophat, well I know in my town there is. Good luck.

vampirate
03-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh, so the brilliant idea for the all-girls bat-villain group was yours well my tophat off to ya! Well my best guest is a local costume-shop may have a good tophat, well I know in my town there is. Good luck.
Thanks, and we've got one party/costume store with your average not too hot quality stuff. The best stuff in town is at work/school in our costume shop, but I really can't steal stuff out of there. Maybe I can make it to Atlanta to look sometime though.

Dany
03-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm slooooow about responding to this thread because it took me this long just to settle on exactly what I was doing for Dragon*Con and set it in stone.

But you're going, and that's what is important :) And you'll be doing Fabrications, for which I have NO clue what I plan to do with that. :(

a-tastic
03-14-2006, 08:34 PM
i've sort of got a list, sort of. at least it's what i've been working on/tweaking so far, but it tends to change from time to time:

Queen Mirror, from The Brothers Grimm

Helga von Volgerlride/ Eis Hexe, from Trinity Blood

either the Padme Packing, Travelling, or Sleeveless costume.

Aeon Flux, movie version

Inara, from Firefly

and a lolita/Miwako costume of my own design.

i am going to roast again this year because i'm still picking long sleeved, full coverage costumes. yay! one day i'll learn...one day.

fightstar
03-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Looks like I will just have to limit myself to Cobra Blue Suite and my Generic Ninja. If I am lucky then I could pull of a Madarame Ikkaku, BLEACH, but no promises. Mace will have to go by the way side for this year. I have some 'real world' things to deal with, finiacially speaking. You all know how that goes. Well, back to work.

pigwidgeon
03-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Noriko or Mitsuko from the first Battle Royale movie.

vampirate
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Gah, my lineup keeps changing! Oh well, it'll all be fun no matter what.

Darth Takeo
03-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Our lineup is tentatively finalized, until we decide a few months from now we wanna do something new or different... Still pretty early...

fightstar
03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Close to having my Generic Original Ninja done. Waiting on the commissioned head piece, need to buy tabis (www.tabisonline.com is where I am going for this), a better mask that is cooler than what I currently have (www.underarmour.com in their tactical section). I have a kung fu sash I am using as an obi but I need something a little wider and a lot longer. The kung fu sash is fine and I can get buy with it, but it's not a true obi.

BLEACH cosplay. This would be a true cosplay in the since that this would be my first anime character I am planing on doing. I have the Hakamas (pics coming soon) I just need both kimonos, waraji, katana and eye makeup. Not sure if it would be better to buy my kimonos (http://www.qqcosplay.com/BLH/blhschblk.htm) or invest in a sewing machine (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-1/qid=1143752516/ref=sr_2_1/602-9100151-0718232?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0009OE06M) and make it myself. Way things are going the Madarame Ikkaku might not happen this year.

The_Balrog
03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
If I go.
I'll Have Asajj Ventress, Voldemort from HP, and two original designs.
There aren't any current plans for the balrog to return this year. So I'm afraid the parade will be minus on wing flapping demon.
If I go, I'll be once again return to work staff. Cause I actually enjoy working with awesome people not dumb useless people. Any questions?
*prays to be in peck condition in the next couple of months*

TheDemon2300
04-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Last year was my first year at DragonCon and I had no time to put together any kind of cosplay (I was also working on Parade staff, that was alot of fun.)

This year, however, I'm wanting to have some kind of cosplay. I've narrowed it down to 2 choices:

Zabuza from Naruto
Ishida from Bleach

Arlette
04-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Dude, I have a metric ton of costumes planned for D*C this year. I probably won't even be able to get to them all.

Slave Leia from Star Wars (with hubby as Han Solo)
Inara from Firefly (with hubby as Mal)
Supergirl (Michael Turner version)
Possibly human version Demona from Gargoyles if the boy can pull together the stuff for a decent MacBeth to go along with me.
Also, recently my friends and I have been kicking around the idea of a Star Trek: TNG group. I would be Dr. Crusher if it actually happens. But the thing is I'd have to make at least two costumes for other people.

Not to mention that I might do the lame short-haired version of Gabrielle from like the last season of Xena. XD Not sure if it actually was the last season when that happened, but it's the last season that I watched! Unless of course I can get a "Bitter Suite" group together, in which case I'd be "Leprechaun" Calisto. XD

*says all that and pretends that people will know what she's talking about*

Did I mention that I love Dragon*Con? Because I do. After doing nothing but anime cosplay all year, I love busting out some of the other geekdom!

Darth Takeo
04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Also, recently my friends and I have been kicking around the idea of a Star Trek: TNG group. I would be Dr. Crusher if it actually happens. But the thing is I'd have to make at least two costumes for other people.

Did I mention that I love Dragon*Con? Because I do. After doing nothing but anime cosplay all year, I love busting out some of the other geekdom!
TNG cosplay is totally too sweet!
:bigtu:

You could be a rebel like the Team and just do non-anime cosplay at the anime cons... Heheh, regardless, D*Con still pwnz all.
:toothy:

Vespertinal
04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I've managed to finalize my costume list! It took a while, but I needed to make sure I could pull them all off by the time September first rolls around.

Completed
Lulu (Final Fantasy X)
Tifa Lockheart (Advent Children)

In Progress
Icabod Crane's Mother (Sleepy Hollow) - 34%
Katrina Van Tassel Peach Gown (Sleepy Hollow) - 26%
Rogue (From the Series Going Rogue) - 75%

Possibility
The Huntress - Between making seven more costumes for various friends and family, I'm afraid I won't be able to finish my revised addition on time. Not to mention I need to re-order fabric. Oy...

Also by you being a fellow cosplayer I'll offer you a great discount if and when you decide to go with the Huntress costume. Ramesese, can I take you up on that offer and purchase a Huntress Costume (the one modeled on your site) from you still?

i am going to roast again this year because i'm still picking long sleeved, full coverage costumes. yay! one day i'll learn...one day.
You and me both! :) My friends still think I'm crazy for wanting to wear two Sleepy Gowns, but like I told them, it's well worth the roast. I cannot wait to see you Queen Mirror gown.

...my friends and I have been kicking around the idea of a Star Trek: TNG group. I would be Dr. Crusher if it actually happens...

A Star Trek Group would be kick ass. I was toying with the idea of making Counselor Troi, since my friend Jay will be dressed as Data. If you guys decide to have a group, I'd definitely like to join it, if you don't mind.

dagmarus
04-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Here's my final list for DC 2006:
Wash from Serenity (main flightsuit AND Maidenhead bar scene)
Wash from Firefly (red flightsuit, black flightsuit and hawaiian shirts, pilot episode outfit, War stories)
Jack Bauer from 24
and POSSIBLY Leto from Children of Dune.

fightstar
04-21-2006, 08:37 AM
UPDATE

I made some progression on my Generic Ninja Cosplay. Check my photos taken by my wonderful friend. Tell me what you think, good or bad.

Ninja Tabi and Kyahan. Kyahans are leg wraps and they are really comfortable.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657695
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657694
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657693
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657692

SCA ....um *cough* NINJA gauntlets I bought online. Great place and a fair price. PM me for details if you like.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657672
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657673
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=657674

and it's 133 days left until Dragon Con 2K6!

Toastersix
04-23-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm bringing:
Deanna Troi(Blue Uniform) - Star Trek: The Next Generation
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Suzaku no Miko Miaka - Fushigi Yuugi

..and a secret costume from a video game. :D

Winters Knight
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
I'll be bringing
Definite:
Jadis (black chicken dress)
Ysanne Isard (uniform)
Ysanne Isard (Ball Gown)

Maybe:
Jadis (parlay dress)

Hart
04-23-2006, 11:52 PM
ispite me going to anime cons and living in near atlanta ive never been to D*con. Ill be remaking my favorite costume The Great Saiyaman. Ive heard anime costumes are frowned upon there but im hoping that seeing some good ol dbz will bring back some nostalgia and it'll all be good. XD if not ive got a Pyramid Head that i jsut recently finished~

DalaiLiam
04-24-2006, 06:17 AM
I wouldn't say frowned upon.. there's just a very diverse group of costumes. You'll see alot more of the fringe from anime cons than anime characters. Most of the time all the anime characters will be all huddled up together... I think Like meercats... trying to protect one another.

Be prepares, you will see lots of Jedi ad storm/clone troopers.... Lots of Wizards and Barbaians, lots of comicbook characters, and lots of things from movies. Above all that lots of girls wearing things they shouldn't.

...And be prepared to heckle any tetris blocks that don't talk like Russians.

Ironekilz
04-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Awesomeness! If I weren't already planning on attending just reading the list of costumes people are going to be bringing would be enough to sway me! I think I'll make the arrangements (hotel, transportation, registration) tonight so I can then worry about what costumes to bring. ^_~

I don't want to put all my ideas down (never commit yourself in writing!) but here's a few things I might bring:

Xayide from The Neverending Story (based on book description)
Atreyu from The Neverending Story (based on book description)
Avatar Kyoshi from Avatar: The Last Airbender (only worn it to one con, so it's due for more wearing!)

Hikaruchan
04-24-2006, 09:21 AM
ispite me going to anime cons and living in near atlanta ive never been to D*con. Ill be remaking my favorite costume The Great Saiyaman. Ive heard anime costumes are frowned upon there but im hoping that seeing some good ol dbz will bring back some nostalgia and it'll all be good. XD if not ive got a Pyramid Head that i jsut recently finished~

Anime outfits really don't seem to be frowned upon anymore at DragonCon to me. Back in the 90s I ran into that some, but now almost any costume is acceptable.

Hart
04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Anime outfits really don't seem to be frowned upon anymore at DragonCon to me. Back in the 90s I ran into that some, but now almost any costume is acceptable.

Ah...thats good to hear. I was just worried cuz i dont have any sci-fi costume done. So i was hoping some funny poses could work out just as well XD

fightstar
04-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Ah...thats good to hear. I was just worried cuz i dont have any sci-fi costume done. So i was hoping some funny poses could work out just as well XD

Dude, I am a member of 'Cobra', Cobra Cares 21st Infantry (www.cobracares.com) and we are all about the poses. Yes, even the funny ones. While a majority of my fellow Cobras are overly excited about 'Cosplayers' and the like, it has been my experince that no one is frowned on for wearing a non-scifi costume. As long as it looks good; your not a 'Richard Cranium' and you are cool about posing for photos then your as good as in.

SaccharineDream
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
You could be a rebel like the Team and just do non-anime cosplay at the anime cons... Heheh, regardless, D*Con still pwnz all.
:toothy:
Thats funny, because I'm going to AWA and don't have or plan on making ANY anime costumes at all :bigtu: But really I'm hoping to go to Dragon*Con too, I'm much more of a sci-fi/ fantasy person. Well I guess here is a good place to list my costumes:

Sly Cooper (already made for Momocon- yikes!)
Poison Ivy (will be part of a Batman villains group @ AWA)
the Monarch henchman from Venture Brothers (will be my goofy easy costume)
whatever I think of to go with my new fluffy wolf/fox/cat/dog tail

So yeah. I'm unsure about wearing my Sly costume, I hate the ears & tail I made. But at Momo I had a GREAT response to it! And I was nervous at my 1st con, too!

BTW, I looked at the Cobra 21st and LOVE IT! What an awesome group you guys make! Makes me want to join, despite the fact that A. I don't remember anything from GI Joe B. I'm a 16 yr old girl and C. I live in Stone Mountain GA

Darth Takeo
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Dude, I am a member of 'Cobra', Cobra Cares 21st Infantry (www.cobracares.com) and we are all about the poses. Yes, even the funny ones. While a majority of my fellow Cobras are overly excited about 'Cosplayers' and the like, it has been my experince that no one is frowned on for wearing a non-scifi costume. As long as it looks good; your not a 'Richard Cranium' and you are cool about posing for photos then your as good as in.
I really enjoyed browsing through you guys' past Dragon*Con pics. Your group is off the hook tight.

Thats funny, because I'm going to AWA and don't have or plan on making ANY anime costumes at all :bigtu:
Well done, my young apprentice....
;)

pigwidgeon
04-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm working on a Battle Royale costume over the summer.

fightstar
04-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Darth Takeo - Thank you VERY much! We do our best. We always have room for more my friend!!

Darth Takeo
04-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Darth Takeo - Thank you VERY much! We do our best. We always have room for more my friend!!
Never considered cosplay but I was huge into GI Joe back in the day...

Perhaps an 'associate' character may be in the works down the road.

Toastersix
05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Okay I now have a revised list!
Nancy Callahan - Sin City(We're starting up a huge group, so PM me if you're interested! Only Nancy and Hartigan are taken so far.)
Original Sailor Moon - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Deanna Troi - Star Trek: The Next Generation
Some Character - A Secret Video Game

SaccharineDream
05-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Well done, my young apprentice.... ;)
I live to please. ;)

Sin City(We're starting up a huge group, so PM me if you're interested! Only Nancy and Hartigan are taken so far.)
Oh, I would LOVE to do Sin City! But my mum probably wouldn't let me, too whorish for her... but not for me haha. I'm not afraid to do it!

reannaremick
05-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Okay I now have a revised list!
Nancy Callahan - Sin City(We're starting up a huge group, so PM me if you're interested! Only Nancy and Hartigan are taken so far.)
Original Sailor Moon - Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
Deanna Troi - Star Trek: The Next Generation
Some Character - A Secret Video Game

Awww, yey! You have to wear your Nancy at the same time as me. We will rock the con. ^_^

Darth Takeo
05-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Back to GI Joe... Nachtinis and I have been tossing the idea around of doing Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow... Fightstar, which version or versions would you say translate best into cosplay plus which versions have you not seen done at cons?

fightstar
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Back to GI Joe... Nachtinis and I have been tossing the idea around of doing Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow... Fightstar, which version or versions would you say translate best into cosplay plus which versions have you not seen done at cons?

Funny you should mention this. I have plans for a 'Cobra Ninja' myself. Losely based off of the following Cobra Ninjas from the 1985 model of none other than Storm Shadow.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/argblackcobra.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/blackdragonninja.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/92/ninjaviper.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/redninjaviper.shtml

I have someone who is making the leather belt or strap that weapons attach to for me. He is the same guy who hooked up our Crimson Guardsmen with their belts that you may have seen at Dragon Con 2K5. Basically the guys work is hella' tight. I have him working on this one here http://www.toymania.com/columns/rtmisc/palsshadowbustpics.shtml. Not sure how the 2 swords will attach in the back, but I am working on it.

To answer your question. I, as well as all of you, have seen some terrible looking verisons of Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes out there that are just emberassing and a few that are above par. The best way do to this is to do your research. As the founding members, not myself, did for the Cobra Blue Suit Trooper look back on the action figures, www.yojoe.com, and the Cartoon from the 80's and go with what you feel works. Like myself, my Basic Cobra Ninja Trooper will not be exact to the letter real to life action figure, but it will look damn good. Yes it will cost me some money, but cut corners in cost and 'make it yourself' ability not in quality.

Darth Takeo
05-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Funny you should mention this. I have plans for a 'Cobra Ninja' myself. Losely based off of the following Cobra Ninjas from the 1985 model of none other than Storm Shadow.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/blackdragonninja.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/redninjaviper.shtml

I have someone who is making the leather belt or strap that weapons attach to for me. He is the same guy who hooked up our Crimson Guardsmen with their belts that you may have seen at Dragon Con 2K5. Basically the guys work is hella' tight. I have him working on this one here http://www.toymania.com/columns/rtmisc/palsshadowbustpics.shtml. Not sure how the 2 swords will attach in the back, but I am working on it.

To answer your question. I, as well as all of you, have seen some terrible looking verisons of Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes out there that are just emberassing and a few that are above par. The best way do to this is to do your research. As the founding members, not myself, did for the Cobra Blue Suit Trooper look back on the action figures, www.yojoe.com, and the Cartoon from the 80's and go with what you feel works. Like myself, my Basic Cobra Ninja Trooper will not be exact to the letter real to life action figure, but it will look damn good. Yes it will cost me some money, but cut corners in cost and 'make it yourself' ability not in quality.
Thanks for the reference sites, I will definitely make use of those, especially yojoe! So far, I am diggin' the bust pic you showed, as well as the Sigma Six version of Stormie:
http://www.insidepulse.com/columnImages/image18444.jpg

I'll probably do a 'hybrid' of the different costumes. I also kinda like the cobra-snake mask too but not sure if that would be too eccentric looking as a cosplay:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/stormshadow15.shtml
http://www.jmort.com/graphics/cobra/storm-shadow.jpg

I wish you success in your own Ninja project! When are you looking to debut it by?

fightstar
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Hopefully this costume will debut at Dragon Con 2K6. No plans to march in the parade as a 'Cobra Ninja' as we need as many 'blue suits' as possible, but I will be walking around.

Oh and here is a site to help you with your many questions as a Ninja or just life in general. http://www.askaninja.com/

Dany
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
You know, I'm contemplating the parade now. Of course, if I do it, I have to pick a costume and what I pick will affect everything else. Must research that, as any decisions would surely affect what I brought with me :)

SaccharineDream
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh, what is the deal with the parade? I think it sounds nifty.

Darth Takeo
05-12-2006, 06:10 PM
We did the parade as Ghostbusters. Being THE only Ghostbusters in the 2005 parade, it was incredibly niftly.
http://teamtakeo.com/Dragoncon2005/dragcon05063.jpg

AshleyV
05-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I am not 100% sure of what all costumes I will be bringing; however, I do know a few that are on my "definate" list.

Abigial Whistler from Blade Trinity - I cosplayed as Abigial last year and this year I plan on making another one of her outfits. I'm working on two different ones so there is no telling which one I'll bring.

Kaylee from Firefly - I will be wearing her mechanic coveralls for sure. I am working on the dress from 'Shindig' but room will definatly play a factor in if I bring the outfit or not.

Princess Leia in the Ewok Village dress from Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi

Esmeralda from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame

_T3_
05-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I am not 100% sure that recent money-killing expenses will allow me to go to D*C this year, but I'll try my damndest to make it. (A job would help, just as soon as my internship is done, though.) I ight get some time to further touch up my Vash costume, and hopefully I can try and make a more "painful" Pyramid Head helmet. My plans for Ratchet and Cait Sith might be hindered, though, but a new relatively simple costume might still be possible. I should find a way to consume less GAS in the meantime. (Need a motorcycle license...)

vampirate
05-17-2006, 05:14 PM
So it's now looking like that I might infact be Killer Croc for my girly Batman villians group. This highly amuses me. :toothy:

SaccharineDream
05-17-2006, 07:25 PM
A girly Batman villains group! Are you kidding!?! I'm part of a Batman villains group! Are there 2 groups going or have we just not talked, heh heh? BTW, Killer Croc sounds neat. Your costumes are usually so imaginative, can't wait to see it whether or not you are in the same group lol

vampirate
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
It's two groups I'm pretty sure. We started assembling in December. That would totally be fun if our groups run into each other though! I think we're planning on wearing these Sunday night.

HopelessHavoc
05-20-2006, 11:45 AM
This will be my second Dragon*Con, but the first one I'll actually know what to do at ^_^ I'm looking forward to it
I'll be there as Wolverine from X-Men one of the days, and I'm also Pretty Riki in a Kill Bill group. I'm sure I'll have another costume or two.. probably from anime ^^
See you all there

fightstar
05-20-2006, 04:51 PM
This will be my second Dragon*Con, but the first one I'll actually know what to do at ^_^ I'm looking forward to it
I'll be there as Wolverine from X-Men one of the days, and I'm also Pretty Riki in a Kill Bill group. I'm sure I'll have another costume or two.. probably from anime ^^
See you all there

Dude sweet! Glad to see that you will be there. I wanted to catch up with your 'BLEACH' group at Animazment, but I couldn't. I will have a 'Cobra Ninja' done by then, but no Madarame Ikkaku. Yeah I'm working on what I can, but some things will just have to be put on hold. Life gets in the way sometimes you know.

HopelessHavoc
05-20-2006, 04:55 PM
It's cool ^_^ at least you can make it to the con. I'll be Zaraki Kenpachi at a few more upcoming cons, including AWA 12, so we'll catch up with our 11th Squad group sooner or later ^^

Neo Dave
05-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Hey Dany! It'll be nice to see you make it there. Hey Fightstar! Another year of DC! ;)

It's the 20th aniversary to Aliens this year and we have cast from the movie representing at the con. So my prop group http://www.colonialmarines.net
and I will be busy. I've got a completely upgraded USCM uniform. Fiberglass armour, airsoft pulse rifle and a masters replica motion tracker.

If I have room I'll also bring my new Jin Roh costume.

Dany
05-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Dany! It'll be nice to see you make it there.

Yeah, FINALLY!!!! :D

Membership's bought, hotel is booked, and all I need to do now is deal with the airfare. If only the bloody gas prices would go down a bit....

Just don't expect D, is all :( I sooooo wanna take him, but unless I come up with a collapsable sword design (or ship it ahead), there is really no way. Plus, he is in dire need of repair and has to compete with a Goddess for room in my suitcase. And the Goddess gets first dibs ;)

Alucard SHOULD be coming...there's some pirate gig on Thursday and I want to wear the jacket to it, so I may as well bring the rest.

fightstar
05-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Dany, glad to hear you are going to be at D*Con 2K6. Sorry to hear that D will not. Do you think Lotor will make it? Atleast you will be there and enjoying yourself in the company of other kindred spirits.

NeoDave, Yeah buddy another year with the 'Cobra man'! I have an excellent 'Cobra Ninja' planned this year. I've had to cut back on all the things I wanted to do for Dragon Con this year so the 'Cobra Ninja' is the NEW hotness for me. Will not dissappoint I assume you.

So how did you go about the Jin'Roh armor? Did you get with a group of folks online or go solo? You know those Nightmare Armor folks will be there this year and with their Jin'Roh armor so you have to bring yours. No telling what those guys and gals are up to this year. Look forward to seeing you all.

100 days left until Dragon Con 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Takeo
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
100 days left until Dragon Con 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, it's getting closer and closer!

For an update, I'm pretty set on this version of Storm Shadow:
http://www.jmort.com/graphics/cobra/storm-shadow.jpg

Fairly unique, the uniform dragons/snakes are very cool... Should look good when finished!

Dany
05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Dany, glad to hear you are going to be at D*Con 2K6. Sorry to hear that D will not. Do you think Lotor will make it? Atleast you will be there and enjoying yourself in the company of other kindred spirits.

Hard to say now....will likely know as it gets closer. I need to figure out what can fit in both time and in suitcase space. If Lotor does come, I'll have to figure out if his helm can fit in a suitcase reasonably. Probably will end up stuffing it with socks and undies and padding the hatchets with Tshirts...

And then... I need me some other Voltron people to antagonize. It's hard to be Lotor without a puny Voltron Force to bother and no Princess to sweep off of her dainty feet!

fightstar
05-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Hard to say now....will likely know as it gets closer. I need to figure out what can fit in both time and in suitcase space. If Lotor does come, I'll have to figure out if his helm can fit in a suitcase reasonably. Probably will end up stuffing it with socks and undies and padding the hatchets with Tshirts...

And then... I need me some other Voltron people to antagonize. It's hard to be Lotor without a puny Voltron Force to bother and no Princess to sweep off of her dainty feet!

Hey I can understand that. It's like being a member of Cobra *cough* and having no Sissy Mary Joe's to pick on. So I am totally feelin' you on the need to have some Puny Voltron Force weeklings to toss about. Hopefully, there are a few kind volunteers around here. LOL

Lafiel
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Those of you who have been in the parade.. I know it can get hot.
Approx how long are your walking for? And Would latex suit be too hot?
I would love the joint he parade but I don't want to walk alone so If I'm from one.. fandom and my friends are from the other can I walk with them?

Darth Takeo
05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
I would love the joint he parade but I don't want to walk alone so If I'm from one.. fandom and my friends are from the other can I walk with them?
The parade route is fairly short. I don't recall the weather being all that stifling last year, however, so it's a tough call. I'd think you'd be okay.

When you register for the parade, you can be lead to like-character themes, I believe. Either that, or simply seek them out!

fightstar
05-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Darth Takeo - That would be quite a feet to pull off, but I have seen your groups work and you can do it. I have some links here to the action figure

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/stormshadow11.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/stormshadow14.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/stormshadow18.shtml

which might come in handy. I'm sure you have done your research and have your plan. I am going to work on the old school version of the basic generic Cobra Ninja/ Storm Shadow variation.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/argredcobra.shtml

Basically, my goal is to bring honor and credibility back to 'Cobra Ninjas' in general. Also, to get others interested in being 'Cobra Ninjas' by setting a standard. This may or may not work, but I am having fun in the process and that is what really matters.

Darth Takeo
05-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Darth Takeo - That would be quite a feet to pull off, but I have seen your groups work and you can do it. I have some links here to the action figure

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/stormshadow11.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/stormshadow14.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/stormshadow18.shtml

which might come in handy. I'm sure you have done your research and have your plan. I am going to work on the old school version of the basic generic Cobra Ninja/ Storm Shadow variation.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/argredcobra.shtml

Basically, my goal is to bring honor and credibility back to 'Cobra Ninjas' in general. Also, to get others interested in being 'Cobra Ninjas' by setting a standard. This may or may not work, but I am having fun in the process and that is what really matters.
Word, brotha! I actually recently purchased StormShadow verision 18 (after you previously referred me to yojoe.com :bigtu: ) off eBay so now I have a better look at it.

Let me know, when it gets closer to the con, when you plan to don your Cobra Ninja. It would be great to get pictures of a group, and hang with fellow Cobra in general.
:rockon:

Neo Dave
05-24-2006, 03:17 PM

I think the cosplayers were grouped together last year.

fightstar
05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Word, brotha! I actually recently purchased StormShadow verision 18 (after you previously referred me to yojoe.com :bigtu: ) off eBay so now I have a better look at it.

Let me know, when it gets closer to the con, when you plan to don your Cobra Ninja. It would be great to get pictures of a group, and hang with fellow Cobra in general.
:rockon:

Sounds like a plan! Keep us posted on your progress. Back to my 'Ninja Streches' !:bigtu:

Winters Knight
05-24-2006, 07:09 PM
so it's looking like currently (if I make all this lol)

Jadis (black sacrifice dress)
Winnowill
Rind(Lind) from Ah! My Goddess
Isard (uniform)
Isard (Ballgown)
something Sailor Uranus related ^_~.

reannaremick
05-24-2006, 07:31 PM

Winnowill
Isard (uniform)
Isard (Ballgown)

*cough*TenelKa*cough*

Also, yey, Winnowill awesomeness ^_^

a-tastic
05-24-2006, 11:39 PM

the parade walk proper is fine...and not that far. getting to the starting point, though, is not as much, because we tend to walk faster and get more warm that way.
just wear comfy shoes...
also, there's a yahoo group for the parade that'll let you go ahead and register and specifiy what group you want to walk in...

KNIVES5991
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
i plan on going as MILLIONS KNIVES[ trigun max. ver. with knives like angel arm.]

Ironekilz
05-29-2006, 01:41 PM

Winnowill
Isard (uniform)
Isard (Ballgown)

Sha! Winnowill?! If you end up making her outfit I will definitely be seeking you out for pics! :rockon:

Marianne Solav
05-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Current plan for D*Con 2006
-Rogue's X-men uniform from X2 / X3 (10% done)
-Ysanne Isard's red imperial uniform (done)
-Padme's white battle outfit AOTC (done)

+ possibly
-River Tam (Serenity, lab escape) (5% done)
-Clonetrooper (SW ROTS) (40% done)
-Rogue (X-men 2, Alkali Lake) (40% done)

Fluffymaru
06-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Hmmm. Very tenuous right now...

Vanyel (w/ Stef)- Last Herald Mage Trilogy
Leon Belmont- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Jean-Claude (Cerulean Sins)- Anita Blake Novels
Marius (Modern)- Vampire Chronicles
Kaiba (Parade again?)- Yu-Gi-Oh
Raphael (military outfit)- Angel Sanctuary
Rufus- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Maybes:
Izark- Kanata Kara
Kail- Red River
Zoisite- Gorgeous Soldier Sailor Moon
Hayate- DoA

I told my husband I'd do a chick costume this year, and failed to even THINK of anyone I wanted to do (and had the body to pull off)...-_-;

The_Balrog
06-06-2006, 11:30 PM
So i figured I'd update my plans:

SeaQuest DSV Captain
Belly Dancer
Dawn
Original Design

That's it. No repeat appearences of the Balrog. Sorry.
See you all very soon.

Dany
06-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Leon Belmont- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Well, maybe I DO have a reason to bring my whole Alucard costume....

*shifty eyes!*

Fluffymaru
06-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Well, maybe I DO have a reason to bring my whole Alucard costume....

*shifty eyes!*

Haha! Rock on! Castlevania represent, D*C '06!

Just let me know if you decide to bring it- we'll have to try and match up times and stuff.

fightstar
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
80 days to go. I am getting the final touches on my 'Cobra Ninja' done, hopefully, today. I have one of two Ninja-to finished. Will post photos this week, but that is all depending on if we are going to have a hurricane or not.

80 days until Dragon Con 2K6!!!! What are you working on?

Dany
06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Haha! Rock on! Castlevania represent, D*C '06!

Just let me know if you decide to bring it- we'll have to try and match up times and stuff.

Will do! The big deciding factor will be how much space the Dawn contest costuming takes up. We're a bit nervous about that detail, and I'm wondering if any of it will need to be shipped.

Right now, the absolutely best time that Alucard would be able to come out is Friday, perhaps for the parade if I'm feeling really ambitious.

Oh, and since Fightstar dug up the question, the current 'under construction' costume is the aforementioned Dawn costuming. In fact yesterday I spent about an hour or so doing some fabric treatment. Suffice to say, the result was dirty hands and a requirement to open the window very widely to disperse some odorous emissions. Phew!

Winters Knight
06-15-2006, 12:41 AM
HA Updated!

Jadis (parley definitely sacrificemaybe)
Tenel Ka (revamping the old one)
Tenel Ka (Jedi Version)
Princess Uranus
Lind
Isard (uniform)
Isard (Ballgown)
Winnowill (it's looking like I definitely will for this one..)

SaccharineDream
06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Well I am currently working on... all of them, really :drunk: Yep. Trying to figure out how to make Sly's cane(gah, help!), just started making Ein because I have all this tan & white fleece, and freakin STILL putting leaves on Poison Ivy. The henchman is pretty much last on the list, its too simple, lol. I've been busy :toothy: But really, can't wait to actually see all of your completed costumes ^^

reannaremick
06-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay, here's the way my list is looking now for 2006, brace yourselves:

Zoe from Serenity
River from Serenity
LoveBot from Serenity
Kaylee from Firefly
Teneniel Djo from Star Wars (The Courtship of Princess Leia)
Wonder Girl (Cassie)
X-23 from New X-men
Timmain from Elfquest
Princess Neptune from Sailor Moon
Goldie from Sin City
Namorita from New Warriors
Dianne from Shaun of the Dead
Vigilante from Justice League: Unlimited

Yep.....13 costumes. My most ever, whew. Someone may get cut, but I've mapped out my work schedule on construction of the costumes pretty thoroughly and it looks like I'll have time to get them all completed. Now I've just got to find time to wear them all, lol. What's even more ridiculous is now that Nicholas Brendan is coming I'm considering making a bunny Anya suit to wear just to meet him in. I'm such a nerd, lol. The thought of 14 costumes just breaks my brain though. We'll see what happens I guess. ^_^

vampirate
06-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Holy geez reannaremick, that's a lot of costumes!

And here I am working on cutting my list down...I've got two I wanted to get done but they each need at least $100 more put into them, so they may not make it. That's for costumes for my boyfriend and I to wear together, but I know he won't mind if we put them off. Photoshoot costumes take priority.

fightstar
06-17-2006, 01:28 AM
The REAL ladies of Dragon Con right here! Busy, busy all so busy!!! I'm working on my 'Cobra Ninja Warrior' which is progressing nicely. I want to get my Madarame Ikkaku costume going again, but since I don't sew makes things harder. May not be happening this year, but we will see. Hopefully this up coming week I can get my friend to take some pictures of my progress. Keep up the good work ladies and gents. Less that 80 days to go!

kitsunered
06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Updating my list. I've changed things, dropped things, and moved things around.

So here's my (hopefully) final list and a tentative schedule:

Friday -
Peppermint Fairy during the day. I haven't started this one yet.
Katrina's New York Arrival Gown (from Sleepy Hollow) for the Fabrications contest. I'm starting this the week after next.

Saturday -
1940's Day Dress during the day. Another one I haven't started.
Ayanami Rei at night. This one's done save for buying the contacts.

Sunday -
1940's Day Dress during the day again (it's for a LARP).
The Hush from Batman at night. This one is about 80% done at the moment.
My Akihabara Dress (original design, and completely done) if I decide to go dancing.

I'm not doing Dawn anymore and I want to wear my Snowdrop Gown at some point, but that's really dependent upon time. I'm running a LARP on Saturday and Sunday and will end up spending a lot of time at my booth in plain clothes, or as my NPC in the 1940's dress. On top of that I'm also supposed to be sitting on a couple of panels and there some of the costumes above are group committments. I'm going to be very, very busy this year.

Southernl3elle
06-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Rogue (X-Men Legends game)
Phoenix (X-Men: Green and Gold)
Catwoman (Purple and black comic book style)

Go me ^.^

fightstar
06-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Check out my gallery photos on the 'Cobra Ninja Warrior' I am making. Few more steps to go and then I am done and ready for Dragon Con 2K6.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=44256&member=21222

QueenAleta
06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Dawn for the contest
Catwoman Stan Lee varient
Sarah from Labyrith her casual outfit she wears throughout the movie it also ties in with the 20th anniversary of the movie & the dawn costume I have planned.
Bellydance outfit
Lum

Clarion
06-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I was going to do Celes' opera costume from Final Fantasy 6, but it's turning out to be way beyond my sewing skills to pull -that- dress off before the con. O.O u.u I think I'll still work on that one using muslin as someone here suggested, and when I have everything exactly the way I want it, I'll tear it up and use the muslin as a pattern for the real fabric.

In the meantime, I'm contemplating a rendition of Jessica from Dragon Quest 8. That one's WAY easier.

a-tastic
06-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Okay, here's the way my list is looking now for 2006, brace yourselves:

Zoe from Serenity
River from Serenity
LoveBot from Serenity
Kaylee from Firefly
Teneniel Djo from Star Wars (The Courtship of Princess Leia)
Wonder Girl (Cassie)
X-23 from New X-men
Timmain from Elfquest
Princess Neptune from Sailor Moon
Goldie from Sin City
Namorita from New Warriors
Dianne from Shaun of the Dead
Vigilante from Justice League: Unlimited

^_^

wow! how are you packing all of those? you are my hero.

and, what? xander? really? not a joke, like joss, right?
YESSS!! isn't he fresh out of rehab? either way, it should be fantastic.

crimsonvision
06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Timmain from Elfquest

Is there an Elfquest group this year? I've never seen the costumes before at the con and have always wanted to do either Leetah or Winnowill (I saw someone else is doing Winnowill, I can't wait to see it!!)

crimsonvision
06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Sarah from Labyrith her casual outfit she wears throughout the movie it also ties in with the 20th anniversary of the movie & the dawn costume I have planned.

Yay for Labyrinth! One of the first costumes I ever wore to DC was Sarah's Ballgown... I'm horribly embarassed looking at the pics now as I neglected to iron the darn thing. Oi. Wrinkles galore.

Hikaruchan
06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Is there an Elfquest group this year? I've never seen the costumes before at the con and have always wanted to do either Leetah or Winnowill (I saw someone else is doing Winnowill, I can't wait to see it!!)

I am also curious about if ElfQuest group, I have had Moonshade on my to do list and a group might actually make me inspired

reannaremick
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
wow! how are you packing all of those? you are my hero.

and, what? xander? really? not a joke, like joss, right?
YESSS!! isn't he fresh out of rehab? either way, it should be fantastic.

Haha, I have a hunting duffel bag actually that can pretty much hold a human being standing upright. Though that one is just for clothes, I have seperate duffels for shoes, accessories, make up, wigs, etc.

Well, thus far he's really coming, haha, I have no idea about rehab ^_^;;

I am also curious about if ElfQuest group, I have had Moonshade on my to do list and a group might actually make me inspired

No, I had a group but we've moved it to next year, so hopefully we'll get even more members by then. I'm only wearing Timmain this year on Thursday night because I've already started the costume and have my wig, etc. So I feel like at least debuting it this year. But if anyone else makes one and will be there Thursday night, I'll probably be wandering around the Hyatt bar area, lol.

SaccharineDream
07-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Well I just added another costume to my list. Yay. More stuff to do! I saw Nurse Witch Komugi (http://www.be-j.com/orijinal/ori/komugi/komugi1.jpg) on this girl's myspace, and fell in love with her outfit. So now I have to make it. You'll see it at D*C!

I have to go sew now @.@

ramesese
07-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Wow, Crimson Vision has a really nice site, and her costumes are excellent. Maybe we can collaborate on some things :)

Manda
07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Alright. Somewhat final list:

Dawn
Phoenix (Green)
Bulleteer
Batgirl
Red Sonja

Possibilities:
Birdgirl (Harvey Birdman)
Black Widow

ramesese
07-05-2006, 04:22 AM
Manda, those are some pretty decent costumes to tackle. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Especially the Batgirl :) I actually started making a suit I dubbed Batgirl Begins so far I have the waist down sculpted and done. It is something unique and has'nt been tried as far as I know. But if you will like to tackle the idea I had in mind on my definition of The Batgirl, by all means I can turn it over to you if you wish to tackle it. It is a pretty good idea. I'm just at a standstill on how the rest of the suit would turn out because it's based totally off of Batman Begins but in female form, the problem I'm having is the color set as far as should it be gold/yellow gloves, boots, etc. or all black. Can I get some input on it from you? You can preview the image I have so far here: www.gotham-enterprise.com/gallery.html/

crimsonvision
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Wow, Crimson Vision has a really nice site, and her costumes are excellent. Maybe we can collaborate on some things :)

:) Thank you! :) I actually wanted to do a Batwoman costume this year but saw the new design sketch too late in the year to change my costume plans around.

a-tastic
07-05-2006, 10:20 PM
crimson does have amazing costumes!
i am perpetually in awe of her Ever After gown...and the Mina! ah!
i love 'em!

Fyrebyrne
07-08-2006, 12:45 AM
now that i'm officially going to D*C (thanks work for the days off!), i'll be bringing my Ryouga costume and giving it a con once-over before Anime South rolls around (group of friends, who can't make it to D*C, will be doing a Ranma group for Anime South).

Tenel Ka
07-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Alright, since this list seems to change everyday... here's the (I think, and hope XD) final one.

-- Tenel Ka [ Legacy of the Force version, with a Jacen ]
-- Cowboy [ The Warriors, with an Ajax ]
-- Zexion [ Kingdom Hearts 2: CoM, with a Luxord ]
-- Buster Bluth [ Arrested Development, with a G.O.B. ]

Lunakitty
07-09-2006, 02:01 AM

Whoah, I still have a collectible comic card of her. Haven't thought about that comic in ages! :toothy:

Lady Skywalker
07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm brining my Padme lake dress and AotC torn battle outfit. That's all I'll have time to prepare for I think.

EvilAuthor
07-10-2006, 09:26 AM
This will be my first D*Con.
Right now two of my costumes are still being worked on and I can only hope they'll be finished in time for me to wear them

As it stands, I have lined up
Riza Hawkeye
Evil
And Yuki Sohma in a girl's uniform [as seen in volume 4 of Fruits Basket]

Since All I have left to do for Evil is make her fire gauntlet, she should be ready for the convention. Even if I don't finish, no one knew who I was when I dressed as her at Animazment so I doubt anyone will notice if my hand isn't on fire

Ironekilz
07-11-2006, 05:58 AM
I'm only wearing Timmain this year on Thursday night because I've already started the costume and have my wig, etc. So I feel like at least debuting it this year. But if anyone else makes one and will be there Thursday night, I'll probably be wandering around the Hyatt bar area, lol.

Curses! I won't be at the con until Friday morning and when I saw you were going to go as Timmain I really wanted to see it. Please post lots of pics in your gallery when you're done!

TheWickedOne
07-11-2006, 04:38 PM
well these are the plans for me, if i can make it to the con:

jayne: firefly/serenity
squall leonhart: final fantasy VIII
scarecrow or two-face: batman (original designs)
some form of zombie: doctor, lawyer, who knows...

Fallen_Jenova
07-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Okay here's my list...
Heartless Riku~ Kingdom Hearts I/II/CoM (If I can get it done in time)
Garnet~ Final Fantasy IX
Edward Elric~ Full Metal Alchemist (how original, yeah yeah I know. It's being worn for a friend of mine.)
Envy~ Full Metal Alchemist

KareiNorthstar
07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
This is my first Dragon*Con and I thought I was going all out with a costume each day, but seeing that some of you have more than one a day... well nevermind. But this is what I've got (as obscure as some are)

OD Garrison BDU from Stargate SG-1
Ruby and Lottie from The Tribe (awesome and cheesy New Zealand teen drama)
Catalina and Suzee from Space Cases (in honor of Peter David)

Not sure about the last day whether I'll do another outfit from The Tribe or maybe leaning toward Omi from Weiss Kreuz, just to get an anime character in for good measure. I have a friend coming along too, that's why we have pairs of some stuff. Sooo yeah. Hopefully it won't all look like rubbish since this is my first real cosplay event. :)

AshleyV
07-12-2006, 11:32 PM
As of right now this is my list of things I will be bringing and what days

Friday:
Day/afternoon: TBA or Banana Republic work clothes
6 p.m.: Tina Armstrong from DOA Ultimate (DOA Gathering)
Late Friday evening: Ringmaster

Saturday:
AM-early PM (Parade and RL photoshoot) Princess Leia's Ewok Village Dress
Afternoon: Kaylee
Late Saturday night: Gretel

Sunday:
Afternoon: Esmeralda from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame
Evening: Abigail Whistler from Blade: Trinity
Late evening: AuPair

Monday: Kaylee from Firefly

Vespertinal
07-13-2006, 07:29 PM
I switched some costumes around thanks to a few of my friends finalizing their D*C plans. Hopefully I'll be able to pull them all off by the time September first rolls around.

Lulu (Final Fantasy X) - completed
Tifa Lockheart (Advent Children) - completed
Lady Crane OR Katrina Van Tassel Peach Gown (Sleepy Hollow)
Rogue (From the Series Going Rogue) - 75%
The Huntress - 25%
Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers) - 20%

Possibility
Christine Daae (Phantom of the Opera)
Tina Armstrong - Dead Or Alive

Katrina's New York Arrival Gown (from Sleepy Hollow) for the Fabrications contest. I'm starting this the week after next.
Maybe we can meet up and take some pictures together ~ Huzzah for Sleepy Hollow!

Darkkyo
07-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Well with 7 Weeks left i'm going to have some choices on what i really want to bring but my line for myself at the moment is

Juggernaut
Supervillian
Mace Windu
original Mace Windu
Barret Wallace from Final Fantasy Advent Children
Scorpion of Mortal Kombat

That my line up unless i come up with something better or not able to finish one or the other. (Hmmm have to come up with some back up just incase.)

ramesese
07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I finally talked my wife into going, she'll be my batgirl. I just finished the chest-piece, legs, and mask. This is my version on what I think batgirl should look like, it's a spin-off of Batman Begins, so I dubbed it Batgirl Begins. Pics are now posted in my gallery. It's in pieces now, just have to adhered to the body-suit. You can find more of my gallery here:
www.gotham-enterprise.com/gallery.html

Super-Skrull
07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Alright. Somewhat final list:

Dawn
Phoenix (Green)
Bulleteer
Batgirl
Red Sonja

Possibilities:
Birdgirl (Harvey Birdman)
Black Widow

That costume list just makes me SO MAD that I am not going to D*Con!!!! Bulleteer???? How cool is that?!?!

Blade Redwind
07-16-2006, 02:31 AM
It seems I overlooked this thread when I started my own XD Ah well. Gomen.

As far as who I'm going as... I'm tossing around ideas. If I can't get anything good together before then, I'll be going as Ian Nottingham from Witchblade. All I'll need is a wig. If I can get something good together.... then I'll want to go as either Paine from Final Fanatasy X-2 o OR Ivy 2nd player from Soul Caliber 3. I'm leaning more towards Ivy.

fightstar
07-16-2006, 06:25 PM
It seems I overlooked this thread when I started my own XD Ah well. Gomen.

As far as who I'm going as... I'm tossing around ideas. If I can't get anything good together before then, I'll be going as Ian Nottingham from Witchblade. All I'll need is a wig. If I can get something good together.... then I'll want to go as either Paine from Final Fanatasy X-2 o OR Ivy 2nd player from Soul Caliber 3. I'm leaning more towards Ivy.

Ivy, Soul Caliber 3, 2nd player as in the 'French' looking out fit as oppose to the 'Hoochie-mama' outfit? I love that one. So much style and class and so rarely seen IMHO. Must post pics of progress in your photo gallery. You so need some pictures in your gallery.

Missing Ninja
07-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, goodness, I feel very underdone. Unfortunately I have no costuming experience at all so I'm just sticking with one costume for Dragoncon (but then I'll probably be in it the whole time as I'll be helping out with the Stargate track).

I'm going as a Tok'ra (specifically Jolinar - I took the liberties of bringing her back to life through use of the limitless imagination. :)) But since I don't have the time nor the resources to do the brown officer's uniform, I'm going to be doing a variation on Osiris's costume for an undercover Tok'ra look.

Though, I need help on it badly!

Blade Redwind
07-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Ivy, Soul Caliber 3, 2nd player as in the 'French' looking out fit as oppose to the 'Hoochie-mama' outfit? I love that one. So much style and class and so rarely seen IMHO. Must post pics of progress in your photo gallery. You so need some pictures in your gallery.

I agree. Plus, I like the masculine affect of the costume. Its vert crossdressy and it really signifys her association with her father. XD As far as getting the costume together? We'll see. My boyfriend is the master sewer. However, getting the materials together (money) could be the real issue.

QueenAleta
07-30-2006, 10:21 AM
looks like I'll be adding another costume to my list. I'll most likley be pulling together a Lust costume as well.

Manda
07-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I feel so underaccomplished this year. Nothing fancy. Sigh.

Masami
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
My costume list for D*C seems forever changing =I For sure I'm bringing w/ everyone in my posse:

-Darkstalkers group (HsienKo and Qbee for sure)
-Candyland characters group
-Simple egl
-Reno 911! characters group

Who knows what else may be added on =)

Shadowsaber
07-31-2006, 12:55 PM
I aways go to Dragon con Why heck I work there. Hmm I want to go to the Cosplay and the Costume trak but the main contest not too sure....may be

Neo Dave
08-01-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm only bringing two this year instead of the five last year. A new USCM costume in honor of the 20th anniversary of Aliens and maybe my SG-1 Jack costume. I'm traveling light otherwise I would bring the JinRoh with me. Less changing time and more exploring for me this year.

fightstar
08-01-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm only bringing two this year instead of the five last year. A new USCM costume in honor of the 20th anniversary of Aliens and maybe my SG-1 Jack costume. I'm traveling light otherwise I would bring the JinRoh with me. Less changing time and more exploring for me this year.

Wow! Leaving the Jin-Roh behind that's pretty bold considering the awesomeness of your costume. Do what you feel is in your heart as long as it leads you to the land of FUN my friend.

husher
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I will be there as Arthur, King of the Britons!

Maybe a second costume, too, if I can work up something simple in time.

...yeah, yeah...I know, only one costume (maybe two). Hey, I'm new to all this! :)

Dany
08-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I will be there as Arthur, King of the Britons!

Maybe a second costume, too, if I can work up something simple in time.

...yeah, yeah...I know, only one costume (maybe two). Hey, I'm new to all this! :)

Like any addition, it starts with only one. Then you end up with two. Then three. Then eight.

They multiply, good King. Watch out, or they will steal your horse. *discretely tosses a blanket over the coconuts*

XD