PDA

View Full Version : So Who's Going Next Year?

Skewed_Tartan
09-15-2005, 03:10 AM
Hey, I was just bitten by the con-bug and I'm planning on making this my second since its the closest con to where I live. (Only an hour away!) Possibly with a friend from out of state, or maybe with local ones or with both.:cool:

Anyone I can look forward to seeing there?

Suzushichan
09-15-2005, 03:48 AM
well, i go every year. so yeah, i'll be there. look forward to seeing a HUGE guily gear performance in the masquerade.

~suzushi :cool:

Dre
09-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Not sure if I can make it next year due to my involvement with the Navy, which is a shame because I've been going religiously since I was a kid!

However....
If I am able to go, be sure to look for a very large silver guy in black! (or, perhaps, a surgeon with a paper bag over his head and an enormous scalpal)

Skewed_Tartan
09-15-2005, 01:09 PM
well, i go every year. so yeah, i'll be there. look forward to seeing a HUGE guily gear performance in the masquerade.

Yes, what exactly is a masquerade? And peformances?, I missed out on that at dragon*Con so I'm still a little unclear what they are.

If I am able to go, be sure to look for a very large silver guy in black! (or, perhaps, a surgeon with a paper bag over his head and an enormous scalpal)
Will those be original designs?:cool:

Suzushichan
09-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Not sure if I can make it next year due to my involvement with the Navy, which is a shame because I've been going religiously since I was a kid!

However....

^O^ huzzzaaahhww~~~ FAUST! go GG cosplayers~!

xmissxhellx
09-15-2005, 09:15 PM
me me!! ill be going next year!! ^-^

i might even sign up for the masqerade since ill be of age!!

yay!!! ^-^

ArimaSoichiro
09-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, you can count me in, probably for maybe my last year though. I'm starting college next year and I don't think I can pass as junior for the discount anymore... Got to get a job now and juggle a bunch of other stuff. I'll definately be cosplaying, which I haven't really 100% sure of what I'll be but yeah. See you there and all, maybe for the last time.

Dre
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Will those be original designs?:cool:

Naw
The Silver guy is none other than Colossus of the X-Men (Ultimates Variation) and the Scalpal guy is Faust of Guilty Gear (that one's for you Suzushichan! :bigtu: )

Dearx
09-16-2005, 01:32 AM
its a waste if I didnt go next year, knowing I live in San Diego XD

BountyBebopLuva
09-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh, hecks yeah I'm gonna be going! I'm planning a major trip with around 10+ friends to fly/drive out from Michigan. I'm so in over my head for this.. lol.

Suzushichan
09-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Naw
The Silver guy is none other than Colossus of the X-Men (Ultimates Variation) and the Scalpal guy is Faust of Guilty Gear (that one's for you Suzushichan! :bigtu: )

XD :bigtu:

SnowDragonX
09-17-2005, 11:54 AM
i'm in...been going ever sence the 1st day i came there so why not...i have nothing else to do...

xmissxhellx
09-18-2005, 12:12 PM
i'm in...been going ever sence the 1st day i came there so why not...i have nothing else to do...

GAHHH!!! we should make a gimungo group again next year!!! hmm... but what to cosplay as?! @_@

SnowDragonX
09-18-2005, 12:34 PM
GAHHH!!! we should make a gimungo group again next year!!! hmm... but what to cosplay as?! @_@

i don't know...terra and mei_jing(sis) are plainning on to cosplay as gundam seed characters so i joined them...if u'd like u can join us too ^_^

i think we're also doing bleach, R.O.D., and peacemaker kurogane...

Geode
09-23-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm definitely showing up. Comic-Con's the one con I go to every year. It's so much fun!

BloodRayne
09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
I will be there next year. Hopefully with my Angel Sanctuary costume. heh. But yah. Looking forward too it, even though it is a long way away.

J Ryoga
09-28-2005, 08:12 PM
No promises, but I would like very much to go next year.

Suzushichan
09-30-2005, 05:54 AM
i think i will only be there Sat. for masquerade. that's it.

xmissxhellx
10-01-2005, 03:34 AM
GAHH!! i know for a fact that im going next year, but i dont know what to cosplay as!!! oh the possibilities!! O_O

LadyAmaryllis
10-15-2005, 12:51 PM
I'll probably go...I went in 2003 and then skipped the next two years because Comic Con just isn't my style. But I decided to quit whining and go next year, because there is good cosplay and good fun to be had ^_^ I'll probably just stop by without a costume to see the Masquerade.

*junbei*
10-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Hey I have a question. I was wondering how much of this con has to do with anime? Thanks!

Chibi-kun
10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
im going thats for sure XD

Natchan
10-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Count me in for next year! Yay! Comic Con has become my yearly tradition, and next year I hoping to drag more cosplayers along with me! I've already got my costume line up for next year!

LadyAmaryllis
10-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey I have a question. I was wondering how much of this con has to do with anime? Thanks!

Well that's a tough question...lol. There really isn't much anime at Comic Con. There is some in the Masquerade, and some in the Dealers Hall, and some in cosplay. But definitely not as much as the most "anime conventions". I suppose that makes sense though ^^;

If you cosplay as an anime character, don't expect many people to recognize you. Comic-Con is a completely different community and atmosphere than the typical anime con, but as long as you go expecting that, it will be okay.

I went expecting it to be like every other (anime) convention that I had attended, so I was disappointed with the con when I found out it wasn't. But looking back, I've kind of realized that it's different, but not necessarily bad. So I'm gonna give it another go. XD

So yeah..that's kind of a vague answer but it's the best I've got. What does Comic-Con have to do with anime? "Not much." But it's a fun con anyway if you like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, traditional American comics, big movies, etc. Like I said before though, there will be a small amount of people from the anime community there. But don't expect too much of it ^^;

I only went one year and that was my perception of it. That's my two cents ^^;

RAVEN_FAN
10-21-2005, 11:00 PM
i went this year and definetly gonna go next year

TerraRising
12-08-2005, 06:53 PM
I already have my application sent to Comic-Con! (At least, I think I do!)

TerraRising
12-08-2005, 07:02 PM

LadyAmaryllis pretty much answered the question, but I'll elaborate.

It's not just anime. It's Pop Culture. Comic books, Sci-Fi, Anime, nostalgia, it's all there.

Imagine it's 4 seperate conventions (comics, anime, sci-fi and gaming) under one roof and you'll have a rough idea of it's focus (none!).

Miss Tea
12-09-2005, 11:46 PM
i really want to go this year. i've missed it the past three years because of family vacations and just bad planning... i'm determined to break the curse! i hope to head to san diego for at least one day (huge webcomic/american comics fan). i wont have my robin costume ready in time : ( but i'll most def cosplay as SOMEONE if i go...

ANBU_87
12-12-2005, 11:54 AM
i really want to go this year. i've missed it the past three years because of family vacations and just bad planning... i'm determined to break the curse! i hope to head to san diego for at least one day (huge webcomic/american comics fan). i wont have my robin costume ready in time : ( but i'll most def cosplay as SOMEONE if i go...

YEAH me too... I sry thats awkward isnt it... you don't even know me...
Allow me to introduce myself... my name is marco... uhh? Pleased to meet you. Okay anyways yea' Im goin this year..:geek: J/k

Katasha
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm really looking forward too going. This totally isnt my normal kinda con I attend. I live in freaking northern canada for goodnes sakes so this is gunna be a big BIG change. I heard Comic con is Huge..so Yeah. And After Seeing Narnia, I'm totally making the Witches Battle Dress...chainmale skirt? OH yes! The costumes at comic con are allways so amazing so I totally have too step it up a notch. I'm really looking forward too this and meeting alota diffrent cosplayers!

TerraRising
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I already have my costume idea set.

"Magical Trevor!"

Angel Tifa
12-17-2005, 04:29 AM
Of course since I happen to go every year ;).

~Tifa

HCO84
12-17-2005, 06:39 AM
*nod* yup, ill be going-- along with bro and a couple of cousins ^_^ it'll be our 3rd year going [first year actually going to cosplay :D].

LadyAmaryllis
12-30-2005, 06:08 PM
I posted earlier in this thread but the plans of our cosplay group changed! We couldn't afford to make it up to Fanime this year, so the Masquerade skit we had planned for that has been moved to Comic Con. We've never been in the Comic Con Masquerade, so it will be a new experience...scary! But yeah. I'm really excited actually. See you guys there after all ^_^

Space Invader
12-31-2005, 12:27 AM
Unless something catastrophic happens, I'll be there :). I originally was going to enter the masquerade as Cain Nightlord from Trinity Blood, buuuuuut after much mental debate I decided to put him off for a year that I can drive there instead of fly ;). Too much of a hassle trying to transport that SOB with the airlines XD. Instead I will be entering as Jane Judith Jocelyn (also from Trinity Blood). Other costumes I'll be bringing:

~Amano-version Aerith Gainsborough (FF7)
~Mirka Fortuna (Trinity Blood)
~Amano-version Terra Branford (FF6)... reworking a few parts of her costume

Aaaaaand an original clothing outfit or two of mine ;). I'll just have to see what I have time to complete.

BaraChan Rei
12-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Hope to see everyone there ^_^...
Not sure what other costumes Ill be wearing, but like eavery year since 2001 Ill definitely have my Rei Plugsuit for at least 1 day :D... Feel free to say hi if you spot me, I dont bite :)
Take care everyone!

ehonda
01-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm going as The Rhino. I'm having some SCA buds help me make his armor out of pickelbarreling. Still considering the best way to do the helmet.

Thinking I'll cover everything with grey pleather to simulater Rhino skin

xmissxhellx
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
oh i cant wait until comic-con comes around! ^^

ill be running around as AC Tifa and KH2 Kairi for two of the days [the other two days, im still thinkin about... ^^;;]

so if anyone finds me, come say hello and a glomp or two is definitely in order! XD

TechieCL
01-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Skewed_Tartan's out of state friend here...got my Hotels booked and vacation days approved, so I'm hitting Comic-Con (coming from all the way from GA).

So far the only costume I have planned is Chase aka TalkBack, from Runaways.

Princess_Zelda
02-01-2006, 02:43 AM
I know I'll be going, this time I'll go to all three days, YIPEE! Still deciding what I should bring, I know Zelda's on the list, but I can't decide if I should bring Tetra, Julia, Sheik, or Ilia...(i'm trying to limit myself to 3 costumes)

I already have my costume idea set.

"Magical Trevor!"

LMAO! can't wait!

Sonsko-chan
02-02-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm going to try to go. I've got a ffew excuses for going to San Diego...

When is it?

daoutlaw
02-02-2006, 01:22 AM
seems like my friends are going so I'll be there as well. Dunno what im gonna bring so that part remains to be seen.

BlueLady
02-16-2006, 12:34 PM
year 13 I believe.. I cant remember..sheesh i feel old :P