PDA

View Full Version : Escaflowne Cosplayers???

Kikoro
01-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Just wondering if anyone cosplaying as escaflowne characters. Im going as movie version Hitomi. Is anyone going as Movie version Van??? or tv version Van. i wanna get lots of pics! any Merles, Allens, Dilandau too???

Kia
01-31-2003, 04:27 PM
The only character I'd want to do would be Sora, but I know for sure that I won't have time to put it together. Sorry.

Chosuke
02-10-2003, 10:30 AM
I can put together a TV version van.
It would be me con ghetto cosplay xD
Since I already have the skin color,eye color hair color and by then the same haircut.
I have my old messed up Van shirt stuck with my Duo one somewhere.
T'will take me a moment to fix now that I know what I'm doing ^^;,nothing more.

Sakura
02-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Aw, I wish I could go as Dilandau. That's like a dream costume for me ^^ I'll look forward to seeing some Escaflowne cosplayers there.

Kikoro
02-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Ohhh that would great Chobrat! i dont care if its ghetto at all. Whheeee a Van is going! I really hope to see you there and get some pics. Ill probably be dressing up as Hitomi on Saturday, maybe Meryl (Trigun) on Friday im not sure.
Thats a real shame Sakura. It would have been perfect if you came as Dilandau. Anyway im most likely going to be hanging out with a Rei (Evangelion) a crossplaying Wolfwood and a Kaiba. I really hope to see you there!

Limeyaku
02-11-2003, 09:54 PM
booo! this shoulda been last year when sakuradayu and i wore our naria and eriya costumes. XD ( tv version ) we were so alone...other than the amazing merle that took a great mini photoshoot with us. ^^

Chosuke
02-12-2003, 07:09 AM
No prob Kikoro!
It's not like it will be hard to change from/into anyway.

Limeyaku: You guys should come again as Naria and Eriya! That would be a cool mini photoshoot ne?

rainetomoe
02-12-2003, 07:50 AM
I would love to have put together a Sora costume, or Van's mother. I'll have to see if I get all the other costumes I'm doing for people done quick enough for me to get an Escaflowne costume together. Other than that you can see me dressed as Yaten from the Sailor Moon musical, Kimber from Jem, and Usagi from Sailor Moon.

Chosuke
02-12-2003, 03:33 PM
I really want angel wings for Van but could never count on making them ;-;
A prop sword too,they won't let me bring any real ones I don't think x.x;

Kikoro
02-13-2003, 07:40 PM
I doubt that they would let you bring a real sword and that sucks. Limeyaku, i agree, you and your friend should come as Naria and Eriya again that would be sweet.

Absolutely a mini photoshoot! that would be awesome! It would be my first, i love group pics. Now waiting for this con will be even more unbareable.

Chosuke
02-13-2003, 07:42 PM
I would love to do movie version Van but the whole openchested thing would be difficult,as well as I have no more money and time to start on anything else x.x

chrisscrewball
02-24-2003, 11:25 PM
If you go to Otakon I'll be TV version Van. There are pics at
http://www.fansview.com/2003/katsucon/ka14a0008.html and
http://www.fansview.com/2003/katsucon/ka14c0009.html

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 02:52 AM
My girlfriend is going as Merle after trying to decide for about 3 months -_-;

Chosuke
03-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Nice! xD
Just what we need,another screaming catgirl.
And I wasn't being sarcastic either xD

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 12:44 PM
lol...I'll be sure to tell her then XD

nyamiko_chan
03-10-2003, 02:36 PM
i'm gonna do Van..what the diff between the Movie version and TV version..*help!!*

Chosuke
03-10-2003, 02:41 PM
The design is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different.
much more complex and very..open chested. Difficult for a girl x.x;

Kikoro
03-12-2003, 08:24 PM
i cant wait to see you all there. this is gonna be so cool! now we must definitely have a photoshoot. my costume is finally underway. just a note i will only be cosplaying as Hitomi on saturday and maybe sunday. i have decided to go as Integral Hellsing on friday. i love that anime, it kicks! but ack i look retarded with blond hair. oh well :P

Chosuke
03-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Integra kicks ass!
Definitely my fav HS char aside from Mr.Walter xD

Scoti
03-13-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by nyamiko_chan
i'm gonna do Van..what the diff between the Movie version and TV version..*help!!*

As Chobrat said there's a big difference between movie Van and TV van (along with all the other characters) and I've yet to see anyone crossplay Movie van but I guess you could get away with a skin coloured top

TV Van (http://galeon.com/romancescaflowne/Van/sadvan.jpg)
Movie Van (http://www.webpost.net/sc/Scoti/van-sketch.jpg)

Chosuke
03-13-2003, 07:27 AM
Pretty shoulder armor though.
Cosplaying Movie Van would take alot of guts,thats fo sho xD

teacup
03-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Aww, I love merle XD I was almmostt going as her.. but I couldn't find a decent wig.. so she has to wait untill CNAnime or next year

nyamiko_chan
03-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Movie VAn is kewl...i would do it but..ya...too much skin and would not wiork for me..lol!!

Kia
03-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Unless your a modesty-deprived exibitionist! ^_^ Though you might get arrested...

Scoti
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Kia
Unless your a modesty-deprived exibitionist! ^_^ Though you might get arrested...

yeah arrested..But that's only after the halls lights up with camera flashes and guys start yelling in encouragement hehe..

Chosuke
03-18-2003, 07:03 AM
Hehehe.
It might just be worth it for the stare factor and an excuse not to wear a bra.

of course you could do the whole body stocking thing..but those look kinda creepy.