PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga Preorder

KaineMaxwell
01-30-2003, 06:10 PM
If/when you preorder Xenosaga from EB or gamestop which would you prefer?

Art book and liltograph at EB
T-shirt from Gamestop

Erilan
01-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Art Book all the way! After looking at screenshots, how can someone choose a t-shirt over all that gorgeous art?

Sami
01-30-2003, 06:38 PM
TOTALLY artbook. By far. T-shirt doesn't even stand a chance. :D

Lil Dreamer
01-30-2003, 06:54 PM
t-shirt man!!! i'd look funny wearing an art book.

Nipple. :)

KaineMaxwell
01-30-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm getting the art book also.
Purty!

Recca-kun
01-30-2003, 07:19 PM
T-Shirt. I got the artbooks with both the Fanbook and the LE, and I will get the equivalent of Perfect Works after I finish.

In other news I won a lithograph on eBay.

Zephyrs
01-30-2003, 10:15 PM
I'm getting the t-shirt.. but I will find a way to get that art book you'll see... plus I'm getting the tabletop cutout (the REALLY big one I think won't go over too well with my sister who lives in the same room as me...)

Celine
01-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Blah, I want the T-shirt. If I don't get a free one, I'll complain. :P

Well... okay, so you *shouldn't* do this (I do not recommend or condone this), but if you want both, it's very easy. Pre-order it at both, BUT since the pre-order at Gamestop counts just as a credit, you can technically use it towards anything you want by telling the poor employees that you changed your mind. Of course, if you do this more than once, they won't be so nice to you, because you are essentially making them have an item in stock which they won't necessarily be able to sell. Remember, this is bad, but I'll be surprised if rabid collectors don't do it anyway.

Viral Harvest
01-31-2003, 01:44 AM
Wow, I'm behind....isn't Xenosaga put out by Square just like Xenogears??? Help me out here. When did Namco come into this? haha

soshi
01-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Square's been split up and merged into various other companies because it kept doing stupid things (ex: FF online and the movie) that bankrupted it.

KaineMaxwell
01-31-2003, 07:45 AM
Now if I can find Xenogears and finally buy it I'll be happy. Anyhow, I'm getting the art book, good collector's item there and Xeosaga'll probably be the next big rpg I play (and never get around to finishing).

psythe
01-31-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Viral Harvest
Wow, I'm behind....isn't Xenosaga put out by Square just like Xenogears??? Help me out here. When did Namco come into this? haha

Xenogears was put out by Square. Square was not going to continue the Xeno game series. Xenogears was actually episode 5 in a 6 episode series of games.

Alot of the team that worked on Gears left Square and made a company called Monolith Soft(http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp). Monolithsoft made Xenosaga which is Episode 1 of the 6 part series, and it is being distributed by Namco.

I'm guessing they are going to make all 6 games under Monolith since they don't have Square telling them they can't anymore. Whether they remake episode 5/xenogears when they get to that point remains to be seen. I hope they do, personally ^_^

Hope this clears it up a bit :)

Studmaster
01-31-2003, 01:26 PM
EB for this game, all the way.

Aoshi Shinomori
01-31-2003, 01:39 PM
I love xenogears.. hey celine can u do the preorder thing with EB? ive did it a couple of times at Gamestop and i dont think they are fond of me except for my friend who works there.. i only did it.. once though. so do u think EB would give u the preorder money as store credit?

Emeralda
01-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Tehe.. stopped in to pre-order at EB the other day. They love to see me, because I'm about the only unattached female that comes in, and I don't buy shit like 'Mary Kate and Aslhey's big adventure in a brothel.'

mmn.. Xenoart.. *__________________* I want to see Kos-Mos kick ass with those big guns! Curse you Recca for showing me that DVD trailer at Neko.

Sakura
01-31-2003, 05:23 PM
oh heck yes I am getting the t-shirt! I have been waiting too long for this game O_O