PDA

View Full Version : Momiji's Brunch...worth going to??? Have you?

nyamiko_chan
01-30-2003, 06:42 PM
I was just wondering if it was worth going to? It's my first year on AN so..i dunno..helps!!!

Takuma-san
01-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Haven't, but judging by the stuff provided and the cost.... It's probably not worth it. I mean, $20 for a simple meal like that? You can only find highway robberies like that in hotels.

coscrew
01-31-2003, 10:30 AM
it's better jsut to bring your own instant noodles and use the coffee machines in the room for hot water.
i remember paying $3 for a cup or yogurt years back. it was not cool.

rainetomoe
01-31-2003, 08:26 PM
I went to the brunch and I thought it was worth it!!! I got to sit at the table with Scott McNeil, David Kaye, and Kat Williams!!!!
I would say that would make anyone's day if they like the guests!! They were so funny and nice.....David didn't like his muffin much though ^_^'

Sakura
01-31-2003, 09:05 PM
I spent all my money in the dealers room so when my friends were eating at that brunch I was in the video rooms starving... ;___; I love food way too much to ever let that happen to me again so I plan on going to the brunch this time AND managing my money better.

RaineTomoe, you're so lucky~! :D I really like Scott McNeil's voice. Some girls I know had him to themselves in the lobby at 2 am and I stopped over but was too shy to say hello ^^;

nyamiko_chan
02-01-2003, 12:08 AM
hey coscrew..good idea!! instant noodles. I think i'll leave it this year since i dunno if i'll have enuff money.. ^.^;

plus..i want it more for the dealer's room..lol
I don't have enuff anime/manga stuff for my room ^.~!!

Yuna-X2
02-01-2003, 12:59 AM
*jots down - bring own food, city folk greedy money stealers...*

Alrightie then!

Kia
02-01-2003, 07:42 PM
any possibility of smuggling some muffins or something out of the brunch room? I mean, what's a costume with a puffy skirt for if not for feeding myself at a later date! :D

Scoti
02-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Kia
any possibility of smuggling some muffins or something out of the brunch room? I mean, what's a costume with a puffy skirt for if not for feeding myself at a later date! :D

lol but what if you forget about it? you might be posing for a photo and a muffin falls out O_o;; and then you would bend down to pick it up and a bagel falls out :p "look Ma! she's da food fairy!"
(dont mind me I've had a little 2 much tonight :drink: )

Kia
02-02-2003, 08:39 PM
:D you have me actually contemplating adding wings to my Luna costume. I can see me wandering around the brunch as the magical leftovers fairy. If your food has gone missing, it was probably me. :D
If I can sneek me out food for the rest of the weekend then $10 sounds like a sweet deal, otherwise I'm making me a costume with big'ol pockets...
"... really sir, it's just my wallet...and...yes, that was an apple, but I brought it with me...it's mine, hey, give it back!....no, please don't kick me out, I'll be good.........but can I have the apple? It cost me $10...."

I applolgize for continually disrupting this very serious thread...but my silly sense of humour and I can't help it!

Sakura
02-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Hey Kia, which Luna are you being? ^^ If you are being Luna from Lunar Silver Star Story, I must take your picture *_*

Kia
02-02-2003, 09:31 PM
... I sorry to disapoint, but Human Luna from Sailor Moon....will you still love me though?
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bridge/7530/sm36.jpg

Sakura
02-03-2003, 06:47 AM
XD yes, I'll still love you! I'm a biiig BSSM fan so I'm gonna ask if I can take pictures of any characters I see there! ^_^

nyamiko_chan
02-03-2003, 09:37 AM
i'll havta deffinitly meet you Kia at AN...i gotta take some SM pics too...man..i'm gonna need alota film..but it's okies!!

but i'm so hyper-like...we'd probally have fun meeting each other!

You too Sakura..*biiiig SM fan!*

Kia
02-03-2003, 12:42 PM
:: big smiles all around :: Yeah! I have my own set of fan girls. I will run around and give you all BiiiiiiiiiG hugs. This will deffinatly be video worthy.
You know, the way I spend money (like I was drinking water in a desert) I think I'm going to take up that brunch ticket offer..... :: evil grin :: thiking about it now I think it would be the perfect place for my Rebecca Chambers costume...that one has big'ol snack stuffing pockets...

Arieth
02-03-2003, 08:43 PM
lol now we know what we can use those big shoulder pads for on Jills costume eh Kia? ;)

Kia
02-03-2003, 08:49 PM
:p shhhhhhh! You're giving away all our secrets! Keep this up and YOUR smuggling out the jello!

nyamiko_chan
02-04-2003, 09:00 AM
Lol....kyoot sig Kia...^.^ and no the zombie can't...*big grin*

how are we gonna find everyone?? I won't have a pic on the net till at least march/april....^.~ ya for Kodak CD's !

Kia
02-04-2003, 10:10 AM
My other avatar was a cartoon of my face... and a wonderful face that it is! j/k Awhile ago I said that I'd love to meet everyone *before* the con if it was possible. I still hold to that. I've known Arieth for ages now, and met Chobrat just last week, so two down and ... I don't know how many to go! :)

Arieth
02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Mmmm...pineapple jello?

rainetomoe
02-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Do any of you go to Pacific Mall?? I know that where I and the members of my group are going to meet sometime within the next few weeks.

Kia
02-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Where is it? I think I've heard of it but right now nothing's comming to mind

heki-chan
02-05-2003, 08:18 PM
its in Markham *north of TO* Steeles..and..Kennedy??? O_o;;; i think. Its a big ugly looking building...but with good stores inside:thumbsup:

Kia
02-05-2003, 08:23 PM
ooooooooooooh I see... want to go, go now! but am helpless pedestrian with only two feet and $2.25 in bus fare :D

MikigamiTokiya
02-12-2003, 06:10 PM
I went to it last year and it was retarded and the food pretty much sucked, not to mention too long a line and you miss out on stuff when you're waiting.

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 03:55 AM
Don't really plan on going unless it was guaranteed I got to sit next to Heero's V/A and seiyuu...and ONLY if I get to hug them.

ducky_feet
03-10-2003, 05:16 AM
I'm definitely going. I like all the Gundam Wing VAs, so I don't really care who I get seated with. *Gets giddy at the mere thought of sharing a table with the GW VAs* Plus, the money goes to charity, so it's all for a good cause. :)

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I'd go, I just simply cannot afford it.

kaiba
04-02-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm definetly going to the brunch this year. Last year, a few of my friends went to it and said it's worth the $20.