PDA

View Full Version : Science Centre Cosplay Invasion #2!

Mekou
09-20-2005, 06:05 AM
So it's been brought to my attention that some people would like to go invade the ontario Science Centre again....in costumes!

^_^ What's better than being on costume AND learning at the same time? =D

~ ~

Right now is just the planning stage. I hope to have it scheduled for sometime on November, since that's best for most of the people I know. ^^

So please post all the days that you know you are free in November if you want to attend! A date will be chosen after I feel that everyone's had a reasonable amount of time to have thier say.

EDIT(Sept22): So far it seems that the 19th of November is the best date. Everyone okay with that? (I'll leave this message up for a few days then I'll post up all the real event info)

Here are some (working) photos from last year's SC trip! =D

http://www.dragonworldz.net/science.html
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/imperfectspotlight/album?.dir=d7ea

~ ~

Money

Tickets: Youth (13-17) $10, Adult (18-64) $14

(http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/prices/default.asp#prices)

More information to follow after date has been chosen.

~ ~

DISCUSS!

TheWestWind
09-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Yay! Science Centre is fuuuuun! I think I can go any day except the last week, since I MIGHT go to Con no Baka(which is Nov. 25-27).

Kawaii Akina
09-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I would come just depending on what day and if I'm busy or not. Since I didn't go to the last one last year.

Alexia Ishtar
09-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Sure, cosplaying out in the general public is always fun!
(unless of course I run into an old teacher and end up getting lectured ^.^() )

Jo_Canadian
09-20-2005, 11:06 AM
lol it sounds like a plan, i was pissed off that i couldnt go last year *shakes his fist at the fact that he was in ottawa at the time* gimmie a date and i will book it off work, just try and keep it away from the con no baka con date ok

Mekou
09-20-2005, 11:21 AM
It's already "duh" that it won't be during Con no Baka. =P So no need to worry about that.

kuko-chan
09-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, I'm thinking of trying to make my Rosette Christopher costume in time for either Halloween or Con no Baka, so depending on money issues, I'll try and make it to this event!

Edgar Strife
09-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Sounds like fun even though I miss last year event. Anyway, I'm interested in taging along, I just hope that I won't be busy plus just need info on a date and time.

TribalButterfly
09-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Now THAT really sounds interesting! AND EDUCATIONAL! :)

Yami Rurouni
09-20-2005, 03:28 PM
oh oh i wanna go! i haven't been there for so long!!

MaiSheri
09-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I wish I could go... :waaaah: It's been so long since I've been to the Science Centre that I barely remember it... literally. I think I was like, 7. And it's close to me, too... but I just found out that I'm going to England for Cristmas, which means no more spending money for me. :waaaah:

I'll be there in Spirit! Or maybe I'll just go and hang out in the lobby :p

Seed-chan
09-20-2005, 06:29 PM
You know I'm in, Mekou XD

Make it not a Sunday, and I will love you. Make it not the first (and maybe not second...) weekend, and I will love you more? XD

I kinda wanna try to finsih a costume for this ^^;

Chibik3r0
09-20-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll be there as the token preppy camera boy... I must hug the tornado again!!! XD

And any day is fine with me. I just need enough notification to book it off. Probably a different weekend from CnB would be prefered for those who wish to attend.

Lady_Sodina
09-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Depending on the date, I'll try to make it as well.

hikarilight
09-20-2005, 10:05 PM
I might be able to swing this and probably any date will be alright... ^^;;

minion-chan
09-21-2005, 06:48 PM
ohhh science center! its about time I went again!~~

DiGi_Rin
09-21-2005, 09:16 PM
That sounds so fun XD I'll see if I can go...but first I'll have to see when it's taking place.

Amy the Yu
09-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Any weekend that's not the weekend of Nov. 11-13 would be good for me cause that's the weekend of my b-day and I want to use it as an excuse for force people to come down to Waterloo/Kitchener/Cambridge to spend time with me and Infini so we're not so all-mightily super-loners. -_-;;

Aaand...since TAC's supposedly back in November this year (from what other people told me, I never checked myself), not that weekend would be preferable.

I could probably come up with some elaborate method of ruling out all but one weekend for being horribly inconvenient...and that weekend would probably be horribly inconvenient for everyone else, so I say, discredit everything I just said and totally ignore my opinion on which weekend would be a good weekend when deciding on a date. XD

I'll be coming though. There's not much to keep me from showing up. >_>

LoneWanderer
09-22-2005, 04:49 PM
wee science center^^

hikarilight
09-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Aaand...since TAC's supposedly back in November this year (from what other people told me, I never checked myself), not that weekend would be preferable.

TAC is still in December :P

Amy the Yu
09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
TAC is still in December :PIs it now?... Lesson learned: Listening to people will only get you confused and messed up in the head. XD

In that case, I vote the weekend of the 19th. It's a week before Con no Baka, so people who are planning to go to that won't have any conflicts. It'll give them a chance to test their CnB costumes and a chance for the rest of us to dress up and act like retards anyway. XD

Mekou
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, based on info so far I'm thinking the 19th will be the best. ^_^ How does everyone else feel about that? *edits first post*

Edgar Strife
09-22-2005, 07:04 PM
The 19 of Nov is alright with me, I'll try my best to make it.

Jo_Canadian
09-22-2005, 07:26 PM
sounds groovy

IWantYouItachi
09-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, I was going to vote for the weekend of the 12th, because my mom usually has something against me visiting my dads (where I stay when I do anything cosplay related) two weekends in a row, because of No Baka, but if thats bad for Amy, just ignore me and I'll try my best to talk my mom into the 19th...

Guess what people?! I also come with free admission for one lucky person! o.o (Horray for being employed by Fort Erie Race Track and having discounts at varies places. Free for you and one guest! )

Alexia Ishtar
09-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Well, I was going to vote for the weekend of the 12th, because my mom usually has something against me visiting my dads (where I stay when I do anything cosplay related) two weekends in a row, because of No Baka, but if thats bad for Amy, just ignore me and I'll try my best to talk my mom into the 19th...

Guess what people?! I also come with free admission for one lucky person! o.o (Horray for being employed by Fort Erie Race Track and having discounts at varies places. Free for you and one guest! )

Hmmm the 19th sounds good for me. One thing I need to check in on is how to get their via bus/subway x.x

Kawaii Akina
09-22-2005, 11:31 PM
So far sounds good to me. Hopefully school doesn't interfere with it ^^;;

Yami Rurouni
09-23-2005, 10:50 AM
it doesn't seem like anything big will be going down in November for me so the 19th sounds good

Ayumi Nemoto
09-23-2005, 11:25 AM
heyhey~! I heard last year was a blast and so I want to attend this year :D 19th sounds fine with me ^^ Will people be going down together by ttc? *is clueless in ttcing to science center*

Alexia Ishtar
09-23-2005, 12:04 PM
heyhey~! I heard last year was a blast and so I want to attend this year :D 19th sounds fine with me ^^ Will people be going down together by ttc? *is clueless in ttcing to science center*

Um...I'll probably be going on the TTC, but um, I'm just as clueless about it as you are.:thumbsup:
Though I did notice that they had directions on the Science Center website

TheWestWind
09-23-2005, 12:17 PM
19th is fine for me.

kuko-chan
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
19th is okay with me! Maybe I'll drag my friend along for an educational and wacky visit! ^^

MaiSheri
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Um...I'll probably be going on the TTC, but um, I'm just as clueless about it as you are.:thumbsup:
Though I did notice that they had directions on the Science Center website

The Science Centre prpbably has good TTC directions on their website, but since I live in the general area I might be able to answer questions about it... You can get there easily from 3 different subway stations, depending on where you're coming from - either taking the 25 south from Don Mills (Sheppard line), the 25 north from Pape (Bloor line), or the 34 (east) from Eglinton (Yonge line). You'll have to walk a little bit from the Eglinton stop (34) though.

Kaido Kaoru
09-24-2005, 03:00 AM
-___________- Er! Yes!!!!

I am obessed with Paranoia Agent so I will make an appearance as none other then the SHOUNEN BAT!!!
the crazed teenager that hospitalizes others by hitting them with his bent bat while wearing golden rollar blades!
YAY! This should be fun!! I'll try to control my urges to smack ppl with my bat..
^________^;;;
But my cosplay will be FAIRLY normal so no one should look at me funny....
Will they?
LOL
OH WELL!

~*~inukai~*~

TribalButterfly
09-24-2005, 07:38 AM
DECEMBER 19th???

Well, if it's December 19th then that's far enough advanced notice for me to give to work. What is that? a Saturday?
Hmm.. I'll do my best.
I'm just wondering, won't it be cold in December?
I don't really have any "WINTER cosplays" Haha!

IWantYouItachi
09-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I believe they are talkiing November 19th

Mekou
09-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Er. Yes, it's the 19th of November that we are discussing. ^^;

Kia
09-24-2005, 10:52 AM
DECEMBER 19th???

Well, if it's December 19th then that's far enough advanced notice for me to give to work. What is that? a Saturday?
Hmm.. I'll do my best.
I'm just wondering, won't it be cold in December?
I don't really have any "WINTER cosplays" Haha!

It's also in a heated building. You only have to worry about not freezing in your costume if you're travelling in it, otherwise you could just change when you get there.

IWantYouItachi
09-24-2005, 10:54 AM
^^;; It was freezing outside last year. Just waiting for the bus in my Kikyo costume was killer...

Kawaii Akina
09-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Yup! November 19th is good for me ^-^ So I'll be there .. Don't know who I will cosplay as yet though.

TribalButterfly
09-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Hey you guys. I have another thread in the Canadian forum, about us all having a cosplay dinner. Since i would also like to come on the science centre trip, i was thinking about holding the dinner on the same day - seeing as how it would be more convienient, and you guys DO need to eat n all.
Then IWantYouItachi mentioned in my thread about having the dinner on the same day as your trip, and that clinched it.

SO, if none of you mind i'm asking your permission to hold both events on the same day.

Does anyone have any objections to that?

Here is the link to my dinner thread
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67841

Amy the Yu
09-25-2005, 01:21 PM
If it's held on the same day, this is my advance notice that I won't be eating dinner with everyone else then.

I've yet to actually enjoy any mass dinner after an event, and at this point, I'd much rather just head off with my small group of friends or even by myself to find food elsewhere.

Hey you guys. I have another thread in the Canadian forum, about us all having a cosplay dinner. Since i would also like to come on the science centre trip, i was thinking about holding the dinner on the same day - seeing as how it would be more convienient, and you guys DO need to eat n all.
Then IWantYouItachi mentioned in my thread about having the dinner on the same day as your trip, and that clinched it.

SO, if none of you mind i'm asking your permission to hold both events on the same day.

Does anyone have any objections to that?

Here is the link to my dinner thread
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67841

Alexia Ishtar
09-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to come now ;_; none of my friends are really wanting to go and I don't really like going to these things by myself

Infini
09-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Maybe I'll come. >_> I have no costume that's comfortable enough to wear, so I'll probably make something new (for Ohayocon mainly, and then test it at the science center) if I can afford to.

TribalButterfly
09-26-2005, 04:31 AM
If it's held on the same day, this is my advance notice that I won't be eating dinner with everyone else then.

I've yet to actually enjoy any mass dinner after an event, and at this point, I'd much rather just head off with my small group of friends or even by myself to find food elsewhere.

That's fine.
It's not mandatory - just a sugestion because a lot of people in my thread want to do both (including myself) and we all thought it would be easier to do it all in one day, rather than two - gotta eat on the day we go to the science centre anyways :p for those who wanna eat all together, that's cool. For those who don't, whatever. no big deal.

BotMan
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
i wanna come..oh well i will just buy a go-kart and come!! sound like fun..i hope i can come..someday...*sniffs sniffs*

Amy the Yu
10-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I haven't been to the Science Centre in years (re: over a decade) so I figured I should ask. Is there any sort of prop we shouldn't bring?

I know the usually weapons is out, but if Ochika and I do Sanzo and Goku...am I allowed to bring a big red stick for my Nyoibou? It's like my height and made out of plastic...

Mekou
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I think it's best not to bring any sort of props there. <_< Because there will be children there and stuff and security might panic. >_<

Amy the Yu
10-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I think it's best not to bring any sort of props there. <_< Because there will be children there and stuff and security might panic. >_<Blah...I'm bringing fake food then. >_>

hikarilight
10-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I remember brining my plastic sword there last year and it was fine ^^;;

Mekou
10-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Eh, well if you /really/ want to bring props then go ahead. I'm just trying to take precautions is all. ^^

novaraven1
10-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I'd like to come and having the dinner on the same day sounds like a good idea. I just have to work on some kind of costume... I have nothing new. *pout*

Kawaii Akina
10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
hmm .. i don't know if i can do the science center. that is also depending on if i get money in time ^^;; so now i'm a maybe =/

IWantYouItachi
10-04-2005, 07:35 PM
It has come to my attention that the "Halloween" Dance has now been given the date of Nov. 19th also.

What now?

Mekou
10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
The date of the Science Center trip will not be changed (because as it is, everyone I know personally who wants to do will still be going.)

So I'm afraid it's a pick and choose sitatuin. You can choose one, the other, bother or neither. It depends on your financial position I guess. ^^

IWantYouItachi
10-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Understandable. I'll just have figure out how to get to the dance from the Science centre. ^^

Amy the Yu
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
The date of the Science Center trip will not be changed (because as it is, everyone I know personally who wants to do will still be going.)

So I'm afraid it's a pick and choose sitatuin. You can choose one, the other, bother or neither. It depends on your financial position I guess. ^^You better not change the date. >_> *attempting hard to not make that sound rude and/or threatening*

I had to do a lot of scheduling pushing to empty out that weekend so I can come back to TO for it.

Mekou
10-04-2005, 10:53 PM
>> You better not change the date. >_> *attempting hard to not make that sound rude and/or threatening*

Like I said, I'm not going to change it. XD So don't worry.

kels
10-05-2005, 02:36 PM
note: this is directed mostly to the ppl organizing/attending the 'dark hollows dance thing'

i dont know.. but i think its kind of weird that you guys (ppl organizing/goign to the dance) would happen to plan it on the same day as the science centre gathering.. especially since the date for this has been planned for a while. *_*..

unless it is that you guys were planning on having the dance AFTER the trip.. but i dont think that will work

organizing+setting up will probably take the majority of the day.. so pretty much if you were planning on helping out at the dance.. i dontthink you can.. i think itll end up being
a) you go to the gathering and then the dance
b) help out and only go to the dance

meh.. iono tho, this is just how i see it *_*..

and now that its like this, i dont think i will go to the dance.. prollie just to the science centre... either way, were probably going to end up eating after the trip? and i doubt we'll be going home till like.. AT LEAST 8-9.. ^_^;;

btw.. i wonder if i should have posted this here *_*

Amy the Yu
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Was reminded of something by Kels' post.

When are we gonna meet up for the Science Centre? I vote 1pm (my default meet up time) cause food inside must be expensive and I'm cheap so would rather eat lunch before I go and save my food money for dinner.

And noticed something while re-reading Mekou's info post.

We should have enough people to do a group rate right? Minimum of 20 people. I know of a dozen here who are personal friends and will be going no matter what (cause otherwise, I know where they live and the "living" part will soon be changed if they miss it) and there are a LOT more people who want to go.

It's not all that much saved (a buck or two off every ticket), but a penny saved is a penny earned. O.O

Alexia Ishtar
10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
That would be good, seeing as how I have to scrounge just for the money to get down there and back If I do go

Mekou
10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
>> When are we gonna meet up for the Science Centre? I vote 1pm (my default meet up time) cause food inside must be expensive and I'm cheap so would rather eat lunch before I go and save my food money for dinner.

1pm is good. The SC closes at 5pm, so 4 hours is plenty of time for us to wander around. =) I may actually be there earlier though...

>> We should have enough people to do a group rate right? Minimum of 20 people. I know of a dozen here who are personal friends and will be going no matter what (cause otherwise, I know where they live and the "living" part will soon be changed if they miss it) and there are a LOT more people who want to go.

The tickets have to be booked in advanced if we do it that way though, and the main problem is getting all the money from everyone beforehand. >_< I tried that last year, and it just kinda failed.

Amy the Yu
10-05-2005, 04:11 PM
The tickets have to be booked in advanced if we do it that way though, and the main problem is getting all the money from everyone beforehand. >_< I tried that last year, and it just kinda failed.I'd be willing to give it a try for this year.

Since a lot of people are going to the Halloween photoshoot, could try collecting money there. If there ends up being enough people, we'll go for it, if not, then everyone gets their money back and we buy individual tickets on site.

As for people who won't be going to the Halloween photoshoot, if they can send me the payment for their ticket via Paypal (or transfer the money if they have a TD account), that would cover them.

The tickets must be booked 2 weeks in advance, so Halloween weekend is just in time.

Would anyone be willing to give this a go?

Allin
10-05-2005, 06:03 PM
note: this is directed mostly to the ppl organizing/attending the 'dark hollows dance thing'

i dont know.. but i think its kind of weird that you guys (ppl organizing/goign to the dance) would happen to plan it on the same day as the science centre gathering.. especially since the date for this has been planned for a while. *_*..

unless it is that you guys were planning on having the dance AFTER the trip.. but i dont think that will work

organizing+setting up will probably take the majority of the day.. so pretty much if you were planning on helping out at the dance.. i dontthink you can.. i think itll end up being
a) you go to the gathering and then the dance
b) help out and only go to the dance

meh.. iono tho, this is just how i see it *_*..

and now that its like this, i dont think i will go to the dance.. prollie just to the science centre... either way, were probably going to end up eating after the trip? and i doubt we'll be going home till like.. AT LEAST 8-9.. ^_^;;

btw.. i wonder if i should have posted this here *_*

Aww. Kel, you should have brought this post to my attention.

And I'm sorry that I didn't check the forums enough. I was too busy organizing the dance that... I made a big mistake of not checking the set dates of other events.

Yeah I know it might feel like I've stolen the date Makou-chan has set since Sept. 22... and I appoligize, but since we are doing the dance as a non-profit organization, we didn't have much choice. ;_;

And if you can afford to come to both, I don't think time is of big problem.
Because as Mekou-chan has mentioned, Science Center closes at 5pm.
Even the volunteers for our dance are allowed in the building by 6pm. And the dance starts at 7pm. And you and I both know that the best part of the dance is not the beginning of it. We wouldn't mind if you show up late. Me and Kristin will be there at the ticket booth for the most of the night.

And if you'd like to come, I suggest that you grab a bite before coming to dance, cuz all we got is snacks, no *real* food. Sowwie ;_;

I hope it's ok for me to post here, and I'll see if I can make it to SC because I was unfortunate enough to miss that last year. If you don't see me, you'll at least see Kristin XD

Enjoy, and hope to see you at both places.

- Catherine [Allin]

Ochika
10-05-2005, 06:46 PM
ok personally... i would not want to spent that much money in one day >_<. im gona have enough trouble paying for the science center and food....seeing as i just lost my job and such.

Allin
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
ok personally... i would not want to spent that much money in one day >_<

Well... it is going to the charity. But of course, it's up to you to decide.

TheWestWind
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
hmmm.... I could probably make it to both... Though it depends how I feel when I wake up in the morning that day soooo.... If you guys do go through with the group paying, I'm just gonna buy mine there...

Mekou
10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
>>Amy - I think the other main problem is having everyone have enoughs funds beforehand to do the group discount. Without a doubt, we DO have the numbers for it but I'm sure a lot of people may be tight on funds and will probably not have the money until the day of the event.

But if you want to try organizing it (I know how far you'll go for a discount XD) be my guest! I'll give you my money at the Halloween photoshoot. =)

>> Yeah I know it might feel like I've stolen the date Makou-chan has set since Sept. 22... and I appoligize, but since we are doing the dance as a non-profit organization, we didn't have much choice. ;_;

No worries. =) But there's also the Cosplay Dinner on that same day... I think funds will be the big issue for everyone.

TheWestWind
10-05-2005, 07:01 PM
*face palms* oh yeeeeeah, the Cosplay Dinner.... ok then, that will have to be totally scratched... I understand how Allin didn't have any choice BUT to plan the dance for that day, so there's nothing else to do but work with it. I guess the choices are set...

Kawaii Akina
10-05-2005, 07:09 PM
wow! so many events in one day o_O

minion-chan
10-05-2005, 09:29 PM
So... bassically I'm going to wake up on the 19th, put on my best costume.. head out the door.. follow around a bunch of cosplayers going around the city for a day and blow a hole in my wallet? Sounds like a party! I'm in for everything~~!

novaraven1
10-05-2005, 10:49 PM
um, so, everything is on one day? How do we get from the science center to the dance? I know nothing about bus routes in that area.

And what kind of costumes are people doing? Is there a specific theme?

Mekou
10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
>> And what kind of costumes are people doing? Is there a specific theme?

No theme, just a costume that is family-friendly, non-dangerous and most of all, comfortable. ^^

Allin
10-06-2005, 12:14 PM
How do we get from the science center to the dance? I know nothing about bus routes in that area.

From Ontario Science Center, walk to Eglington.
Take 34 West, back to Eglington Station.
Go south bound in subway and get off at Bloor.
Go west bound and get off at St. George.
[much faster than staying in the line.]

From there, get to north-south bound platform in St.George Station.
Follow the sign that says 'Medical Science Building' [by Designated Waiting Area].
Once you are out on the road, turn left and walk straight down.

{If you do come out the wrong way, you'll be on Bedford Rd. Walk South till you are on Bloor, turn right[face west] till you see St. George, then turn left}

Walk until you see Innis College to your right.

TTC map:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/allinaspire2/TTC.jpg

Map of vicinity of Innis College:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/allinaspire2/INNIS.jpg

Hope this helps.

- Cath [Allin]

TheWestWind
10-06-2005, 04:03 PM
OMG... I MIGHT have to use this map as well! Well, then there's someplece that my friends might drag me to instead, but if I do go the OSC then these directions work!

I hope people who want to go to both can do so now(well... this doesn't help the money problem, but it helps something...)!

Amy the Yu
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM
And what kind of costumes are people doing? Is there a specific theme?I think most people are using this as an excuse to randomly cosplay. I personally am using it as an excuse to move my ass on my costumes so I have something to wear come DTAC and Ohayocon.

To say the least, I foresee us as looking like a very odd mixture of series and characters, most of which don't match up at all...and we couldn't care less. XD

kels
10-06-2005, 10:50 PM
allin: mmm yeah.. i MIGHT go.. i still have no idea

amy: i'll prollie end up giving you money@ the halloween shoot for the advances tickets XD

LoneWanderer
10-07-2005, 01:11 AM
hmmm ya steph Ineeda borrow kyo for dance but I'll do Ban for science center so I dun freak out too many people

sigh another hole in ma wallet

btw if I volunteer for setup/clean up could do I still have time to go to both?

Amy the Yu
10-07-2005, 02:00 AM
btw if I volunteer for setup/clean up could do I still have time to go to both?I would think so...although you'd probably need to leave the Science Centre a bit earlier than their closing time and dinner would be whatever's convenient that you could eat on the go...one hour between OSC closing and dance set up starting doesn't really allow for time to loiter and dig around slowly for a decent meal. >_<

Kodoku
10-07-2005, 11:57 PM
OH COUNT ME IN!
last time was crazy fun...especially with that guy who was like "wtf?"
can't wait to spread the chaos!
hope everyone can come

what exactly is the route to the dance??
perhaos we can all chill on the subway, scare the mundanes ^_^

MaiSheri
10-08-2005, 12:00 AM

See first post in the dance thread for map and directions

Allin
10-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Or check pg.5 of this forum.
There are detailed maps and directions on how to get to dance from Science Center.

- Catherine [Allin]

jiyoon
10-08-2005, 08:14 PM
The dinner is going to be moved to another date...that's what I saw anyway.

Kaido Kaoru
10-09-2005, 02:39 AM
The dinner is going to be moved to another date...that's what I saw anyway.

Yeah....only becuz the person organizing it might not be able to go anyways...
^,^;;;; Most important to have the organizer there for you to thank!

Also, we REALLYdidn;t mean to have this on the same day....we were booked for the 5th but since someone booked for the same day and WASN'T a chairty event (which is 100/hr where if its chairty is only 60/hr) he gave it to them instead! >.< SOOORRYY MEKOU-CHAN!!!

~*~k~*~

TribalButterfly
10-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Haha! Hi, i'm the one who is organizing the cosplay dinner :)
I have decided to postpone it :) i'm pretty sure that no one minds, seeing as how there's so much going on on that date :)

no worries!:) there is all the time in the world for a cosplay dinner:)
We will have it eventually :)!

Mekou
10-09-2005, 12:10 PM
No worries. ^_^ Everything is all settled now. =) Let's just concentrate making our events really good! And others can concentrate of their costumes/getting the funds to attend. XD

Kawaii Akina
10-09-2005, 01:18 PM
now that i think of it .. i'll be attending this now ^^;; i keep on changing my mind too many times ^^;; haven't been to the science center since march break i think of this year ^^;;

Edgar Strife
10-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I'll try my best to come & since I finally found the perfect wig, I may go as Subaru in his Onmyoji [cerimonials robes] outfit. I hope I can make it. But if its too cold then I'll go as Seishiro but I don't think they'll allows animals inside..[One of Seishiro props is a big black bird, normally a Eagal, a Hawk. ]JK

MaiSheri
10-26-2005, 09:41 PM
To Amy the Yu: you mentioned that you will collect money for group rates at the gathering this Saturday... Are you still doing it? And if so, how much is it?

--------------------
EDIT: Never mind: I don't think I'm going to be getting a group ticket after all, since I want to see the Body Worlds exhibit, and that costs more to begin with...

rage-syndrome
10-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi,

I would love to go to this >X3!!!

Something I am bit confused about though...I saw people were talking about you need to buy your tickets two weeks in advance?

Hmn...it always depends on the amount of homework load I get the week before >.<;;

Amy the Yu
11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
To Amy the Yu: you mentioned that you will collect money for group rates at the gathering this Saturday... Are you still doing it? And if so, how much is it?

--------------------
EDIT: Never mind: I don't think I'm going to be getting a group ticket after all, since I want to see the Body Worlds exhibit, and that costs more to begin with...There were like...a total of 3 people who showed interest in the group rate, so scrap that... >_<

Something I am bit confused about though...I saw people were talking about you need to buy your tickets two weeks in advance?that was in case we wanted to get our tickets at the group rate, but since not many people seemed willing to dig out the money in advance, forget that.

LoneWanderer
11-01-2005, 09:51 PM
how much advance do you have to be to get group rate?

if to say we were still gonna do group rate (cuz if you can do it on site we could probably still do it?)

Seed-chan
11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Dood. The OSC trip is in a WEEK. Anyone as excited as I am? X3

I have absolutely no clue what I'm gonna wear. I wanna wear Kira to fit in a sciencie-theme, but it's incomplete ><;

What's everyone else wearing? (Coz I know everyone's plans have changed since they last posted XD)

Kawaii Akina
11-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah I'm totally excited now for the science center now since I know for sure that I am going ^0^ And I will be cosplaying as Echizen Ryoma for both the OCS and dance ^^;;

hikarilight
11-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Dood. The OSC trip is in a WEEK. Anyone as excited as I am? X3

I have absolutely no clue what I'm gonna wear. I wanna wear Kira to fit in a sciencie-theme, but it's incomplete ><;

What's everyone else wearing? (Coz I know everyone's plans have changed since they last posted XD)

You know who I'm going as :P

But anyways, I'm going as Athrun Zala in his Alex Dino outfit from Gundam SEED Destiny ^^

Chibik3r0
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I really think I'm going to have to bail on this not because I want to though... I work every other weekend and it turns out my weekend to work is that of the OSC trip so yeah... It's pretty much a non-existant chance of going -_-;;; Sorry guyths.

Mekou
11-10-2005, 08:35 PM
No idea what I'm wearing. If I don't think of anything, I'll wear my incomplete Fuu kimono. With running shoes!!! XD

rage-syndrome
11-11-2005, 12:44 AM
If things keep going the way they do with my work load, then Im surely going to go! Though I am pondering making a "Skanky Bunny Vergil" outfit and wearing that....but I dont want to appear slutty for my first non-con-cosplay event T.T;...I might just wear regular Vergil ^_^;

Kaido Kaoru
11-11-2005, 05:29 AM
*is praying*

If I can I plan on it but I'd have to leave early as I'd have to meet my lovely CEO and manage the dance with her....

but its been about 2 yrs since I was last at the science center....
*pouts*

Well heres looking on the BRIGHT side!!!

~*~kaido~*~

TribalButterfly
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I was planing to come to the Science Centre with everyone and i was actually also going to bring with me about 10-12 profeshional photographers to take really amazing pictures for everyone, but unfortunatly i got stuck having to work that day, and can't get out of it.
Sorry guys, i tried.

I did go to the Body Worlds 2 Exibit with all the photographers last night though. Unfortunatly you can't take pictures in there :p Security everywhere! Haha!

Maybe next time we have a function i'll see of they're interested in coming and taking photos again. :)

Mekou
11-11-2005, 11:44 AM
I was planing to come to the Science Centre with everyone and i was actually also going to bring with me about 10-12 profeshional photographers to take really amazing pictures for everyone, but unfortunatly i got stuck having to work that day, and can't get out of it.

Professional photographers? That would be unneeded anyway. This is just a trip to go and have fun while just simply being in costume. I'm sure some of us won't even be wearing complete costumes.

Maybe next time if there's a gathering for the sole purpose of getting photos, then maybe it'll be appropriate to invite them.

TribalButterfly
11-11-2005, 01:52 PM
They're friends of mine. They get togehter with my boyfriend all the time, and they're always looking for something interesting to shoot. I figured 2 birds with one stone - they could have something interesting to shoot, and you guys could have some really SICK awesome pictures of your cosplays for your collection.
I don't see how that wouldN't have been fun.
Also, these guys can get pretty busy, so i dunno when the next time they're avaliable might be.

But anyways I was just trying to do something NICE for everyone.:)

Natty Dread
11-11-2005, 03:28 PM
wow, why didnt i see this thread earlier?????
shweet!
im gonna try to get in on this!!!

LoneWanderer
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
err so is group registration totally dead now?

Seed-chan
11-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Professional photographers? That would be unneeded anyway. This is just a trip to go and have fun while just simply being in costume. I'm sure some of us won't even be wearing complete costumes.
lol, I have this feeling almost none of us will be wearing complete costumes unless their old costumes XD

I've finally decided on wearing probably my Sasuke costume.

ONE TIP for people is to wear comfy shoes! I know it's inside and all that, but going through the exhibits at the OSC takes a bunch of walking. Sacrifice accuracy for comfort is need be.

err so is group registration totally dead now?
S'been dead for a while due to lack of interest. Besides, it's a lot of effort organizing something like that.

Edgar Strife
11-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Hum....I had a change of plans in regarding about my costume. What better character to cosplay other than a mad sciencetist who goes by the name of Hojo [From Final Fantasy VII.] I figure cosplaying my Professor Hojo would be perfect fit for this trip. [Maybe I'll be mistaken for a worker or staff there, who knows. That's who i'll cosplay so far, other wise if I could get that short white wig of my fix up in time, I would have come as Dante from DMCII. I just hope I can make it.]

Infini
11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking of possibly not going to this anymore. I would like to go, but my car broke again and I'm not sure if I trust it to drive that far even when it's fixed (and taking the bus from Cambridge every weekend is starting to get expensive ^^). Plus, I seem to have a lot of stuff to work on this month, so it's probably better if I stay home and do boring sewing stuff. =_=;;

novaraven1
11-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I can't go anymore!! Urgh!!! And I missed it last year too!! I'm too broke and my partner is volunteering for the santa clause parade that weekend so I can't stay with him. Con no baka is eating all my money.

No lolita at the science scener or the dance for me. *pout* I'm gonna go be angsty and paint something now.

MaiSheri
11-13-2005, 07:05 PM
My cosplay is going to be a surprise... as in I still haven't decided. But I'm planning to be there, and at the dance too!

kels
11-15-2005, 12:37 AM
i cant go either..
- no money
- im going to fail first year
- seriously need to try studying, which is something ive been failing at for, oh the past 14 years in school

Mekou
11-15-2005, 12:41 AM
...So who IS still going? -___-;

TheWestWind
11-15-2005, 06:21 AM
I am! 90% am, at least, which is good, lol

shiro_hikaru
11-15-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm going, if I know what time it will be at...

Edgar Strife
11-15-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm going, if I know what time it will be at...

The meeting time is at 1:00pm at the science center.

Also, you can count me in, I'm comming. By the way, are there going to be any small meeting spot? [like Finch station, maybe we can all grab something to eat there or something before meeting up with everyone at the science center.]

Wage
11-15-2005, 02:45 PM
I've been floating around this thread for a while now, but I'm in for sure. Sporting my Lupin the 3rd duds.

Amy the Yu
11-15-2005, 03:23 PM
I almost bailed for other stuff, but then my friends got testy and they cancelled their TO plans for the weekend, so I got nothing to do and already bought my bus tickets.

I don't know what I'm doing costume-wise...I'll think of something or other or just NOT come in costume.

Yami Rurouni
11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
i'm going for sure!

Kia
11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I may actually be free this weekend to come! :: crosses fingers ::

chef_belegfea
11-16-2005, 06:32 PM
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/directions/default.asp#transit

incase anyone else needs transit directions...

Kawaii Akina
11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
I so can't wait for Saturday. It's going to be so much fun! OSC and then the dance hehe .. But I'll be freezing since I'll be wearing shorts (Echizen Ryoma) but I'm going to bring my tear away pants though hehe

Edit: Just wondering. I'm planning on bringing my racket to the OSC/dance. Do you think that will be all right if I bring and put it in a bag? 'cause I don't know what they'll do about the racket.

Mekou
11-16-2005, 08:24 PM
>> Edit: Just wondering. I'm planning on bringing my racket to the OSC/dance. Do you think that will be all right if I bring and put it in a bag? 'cause I don't know what they'll do about the racket.

If it's in a bag, it should be alright. ^_^

Kawaii Akina
11-16-2005, 10:33 PM
>> Edit: Just wondering. I'm planning on bringing my racket to the OSC/dance. Do you think that will be all right if I bring and put it in a bag? 'cause I don't know what they'll do about the racket.

If it's in a bag, it should be alright. ^_^

Okay, that's good then, thanks. I don't want them to think it's supicious or anything haha ^^;; So I need a BIG bag to cover it.

LoneWanderer
11-18-2005, 03:40 PM
ok so who is meeting who where?

(btw anyone wanna check out IMAX?)

Mekou
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Everyone meet at in the main lobby area. We won't be hard to miss. ^_~

Meet up is at 1pm...but I figure we should all wait until 1:30pm at the LEAST for people to arrive so we can all head in together. But you're more than welcome to head off on your own/with your own group.

Can't wait! And I hope everyone has lots of fun scaring the normies tomorrow. XD

Edgar Strife
11-18-2005, 07:29 PM
This shell be fun, I'm looking farward to this. Also, once we arrive, should we just buy our own ticket, or wait for everyone and then buy them?

Kawaii Akina
11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Woot! I totally can't wait till tomorrow. Haven't been to the OSC since like last year with my family ^^;; I'll be in a very nice warm costume I guess. My Echizen Ryoma costume is offically completed expect for the writing Seigaku on the back of the jacket but I'll have that done before CnB ^0^ Wee~ I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight.

minion-chan
11-19-2005, 12:26 AM
oh good god I'm such a horrible planner! Tonight was uranime at ryerson and i left my bag at my friends house >_< now I have to find some way to get up, get my bag, get to the OSC and then the dance ayaaa! Guh.. I don't even have a costume... >( looks like I'll be doing Brooklyn again...

IWantYouItachi
11-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Well, I was quite pleased with the Science Centre Trip again this year.

Congrats to Mekou for organizing it.

o.o; I actually got to MEET people this year! Heh. ^^;

TheWestWind
11-20-2005, 12:53 PM
OK guys, I have my pics from the OSC, though I didn't really take them, lol! Teresa did a good job of taking pics on my cam, lol! But here they are:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a275/TheWestWind/OSC%20Nov%2019/

Mekou
11-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Yay, I'm glad people had fun. ^_^ (Even though half the exhibits were closed. >.<)

Dinner afterwards with the usual posse (Plus some extra people this time) was, as always, a BLAST! XD

*uber hugs and thank-you's for all who attended* ^_________^ <3

Amy the Yu
11-20-2005, 10:18 PM
I had a lot of fun. Haven't been since I was back in Elementary school. XD

Sucked that so many of the exhibits were closed (especially after everyone made such a big deal over "the bridge" and we couldn't go), but was still good.

Was also good that it forced me to make something new so I had something to wear (even if it was super rushed and craptacular). Haven't sewn anything new for 3 months now. X3

chef_belegfea
11-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I had lots and lots of fun... and I discovered a new way of making cosplayers move... THE MUSICAL BACKPACK!!!
and yay for steffa pics!

"It's threatening, and romantic! It's THREATMANTIC!!"

LoneWanderer
11-21-2005, 01:09 AM
w00t science center was cool scaring lil kids and for once making my hair stand up WITHOUT Got2beglued lol

ya afterward the dance rocked!!!

lol so tired now whole body aching

Kawaii Akina
11-21-2005, 09:07 AM
yes! the OSC was great! i haven't been there in like since last march break though that was with my family and all. great pictures steffa *cough* i mean teresa ^^;; now time to update my gallery.

TribalButterfly
11-21-2005, 11:39 AM
SOunds like you guys had a good time! way to go.
Any funny stories about the looks people must have given you?

IWantYouItachi
11-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Man! Who took that picture of Kay when he disappeared against the green wall? ^^ That was awesome!

minion-chan
11-21-2005, 04:22 PM
The science center was lots of fun but I wish that a lot of the people who went would have come to the dance too :( It kinda sucked to have to leave half my friends after only a few hours >_<

MaiSheri
11-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry Wage and I basically missed everyone, but we wanted to see the Body Worlds exhibit! (Which was really cool, BTW) It looks like you all had fun though.... too bad we didn't manage to catch up with you T_T

Oh well, there's always next time!

shiro_hikaru
11-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Man! Who took that picture of Kay when he disappeared against the green wall? ^^ That was awesome!
Damn straight! *poses*

shiro_hikaru
11-24-2005, 01:23 AM
YAY I succeeded NO PICS TO SAY I WAS ACTUALLY THERE!!!!! GO ME!!!

IWantYouItachi
11-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey... My friends and I drove by you at a bus stop that sunday!

Seed-chan
11-24-2005, 06:01 PM
YAY I succeeded NO PICS TO SAY I WAS ACTUALLY THERE!!!!! GO ME!!!
I actually have a few pics of you cycling duringthe static-electricity presentation. You want them? =P

shiro_hikaru
11-25-2005, 02:43 AM
I actually have a few pics of you cycling duringthe static-electricity presentation. You want them? =P
NOOOOOOOOOO I SHHHPPPPAILLLLEEEED..... thanks I'm good

shiro_hikaru
11-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Hey... My friends and I drove by you at a bus stop that sunday!
...nani, which bus stop.... hmmmm Sunday I was downtown played ITG and DDR at funland... then went to PMall where I got $40 worth of pocky and then Markham... I'm bedazzled as to which bus stop you're referring too.

IWantYouItachi
11-25-2005, 01:19 PM
You were.. at... Kennedy and... Highway 7 I think o.O
Standing there talkin' with some... older people... or just standing there near them... and.. not talking to them..

shiro_hikaru
11-28-2005, 03:44 AM
No I was definitely talking to them, but I think this is going wayyyy off topic.

IWantYouItachi
11-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Its the ONLY topic.

Pompeii
12-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Damn.. I missed it
D:
NBuuuuu!
Well,t here's always next year :P