PDA

View Full Version : Tifa Lockheart (FFVII)

Angie Chang
09-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Hiya all!
Well, I want to cosplay Tifa in this Salón del Manga in Barcelona. I have the boots and the shirt, but I need some help to make the gloves and the armor. Any idea?

_Lolita_Girl_
10-01-2005, 08:48 PM
For the gloves I bought some formal long black gloves and then found some old red gloves just laying around, so I snipped off the fingers! It was cheap, and maybe not completely accurate, but it looks good enough.

The armor was tricky for me though... I'm not an expert cosplayer. I constructed the elbow piece out of cardboard, duct tape, and elastic to keep it on. Then I spray painted it a metallic silver. *shrugs*

^_^

Vincent-D
10-01-2005, 09:50 PM
well... I can't say I ever cosplayed Tifa... but as for the armor, I could say try finding round PVC plumbing part (which I did use some for my stuff) I like using those kinds because it's durable and easy to work with when cutting and sanding than wood.

There's sphere foams... but not very durable though.

As for the gloves... uhhhhh.... all I can say if you can't find good red gloves... try finding white gloves instead and dye them red.

Demri
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
For my Tifa costume, I ended up making the gloves out of reddish-brown pleather since I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. I used Sculpy for the elbow armor thing, which was a treat, considering I suck at working with Sculpy. lol Anywho, hope that helps! ^_^