PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia - Sheena

BeforeCrisis
09-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm helping a friend construct her Sheena costume for Anime South this year, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do her huge bow on the back of the obi.

The actual poofy loops of the bow should be easy if I just use the same stuffing I did with my Yuna obi, but how should I attempt the long tails? I don't want them just flopping around limply, but I want them to look natural.

I attatched a reference of Sheena just in case any of you don't know her design.

lao_hu
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Try sewing a medium-gauge floral wire into the inside of each seam. It's small enough not to be noticeable but it gives enough weight to the ties so they don't go floppy.

Cole
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I was going to suggest the same thing as lao_hu, but if you want them to flow somewhat naturally, then I think you should have the floral wire inside the tails on the outside seam, and have it go only a few inches. That should allow it to stick out some, but not look all stiff an unable to flow.

Anna
09-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Just use interfacing, that's what it's for.

BeforeCrisis
09-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys, I think I'll try what Cole said.

I hear you loud and clear Anna, but my friend needs this costume by theme day (next week) and there's no way for me to go out and get interfacing in the next few days.

What's the easiest way to make the boot covers?

Anna
09-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Spandex, Craft foam, arcrylic paint, and pure determination.

Oh, and don't use hot glue, use Tacky Glue.

Yueri
09-28-2005, 10:03 PM
I agree, hot glue, does not work at all, Im talking from my own experience. But I disagree on the spandex, I used the smae fabric I used for the jacket-kimono thingy.

I didnt put anything on the bow o.o Does it look too bad, then? >.<