PDA

View Full Version : Hall Contest

Sieneko
09-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Mmkay, since this will be the first year I put together a serious costume, I've got a question. What *exactly* is the Hall Contest and how do I enter? I'm not really wanting to do performance on stage, just kinda wander the halls and take in the festivities. ^_^
Oh yeah, and due to work scheduling... I'll only be able to attend on Saturday if that matters.
Thanks!

hope star
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
What it is, is a contest that judges observe your cosplay and ask you questions. You don't have to get on stage. Its pretty basic.

I'm actually thinking about entering this year as well...but I've been too scaried to.

DarkMgcnGirl
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Mmkay, since this will be the first year I put together a serious costume, I've got a question. What *exactly* is the Hall Contest and how do I enter? I'm not really wanting to do performance on stage, just kinda wander the halls and take in the festivities. ^_^
Oh yeah, and due to work scheduling... I'll only be able to attend on Saturday if that matters.
Thanks!

Hey there. I actually run the Hall Costume Contest. The rules and stuff should be posted on the website and such soon.

Basically the contest is for people who want to get costumes judged but don't want to head up on stage and stuff. It's really easy to enter you'll just head over to where we're having judging fill out a form, we'll take your picture and we'll ask you some questions about how you made your costume and such. Very simple.

And only going for one day is fine. We run it Friday and Saturday so only attending either day is fine but if you have to leave before we announce winners or such just make sure we know how to contact you if you win.

Hope Star - Do enter! Don't be scared! Seriously me and the others try really hard to make things easy and if possible amusing for the entrants.

Sieneko
10-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh, that sounds awesome! I'll definitely read up on the rules and such and come find you guys when I get to the con.

So is there a costume contest on stage too or is that just the cosplay skits?

I think you should enter too, Hope Star! Your Chii costume looked sooo cute. ^_^

DarkMgcnGirl
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh, that sounds awesome! I'll definitely read up on the rules and such and come find you guys when I get to the con.

So is there a costume contest on stage too or is that just the cosplay skits?

I think you should enter too, Hope Star! Your Chii costume looked sooo cute. ^_^

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you there.

The Cosplay should be both skits and craftsmanship judging. I know the rules and all the info for that is up on the Neko-con site though if you wanted to have a looksie.

starlightkitty
10-14-2005, 11:50 AM
I can't wait. I haven't gotten a chance to enter a competition in awhile. I always end up organizing things for them instead. And I had a similar question... and I did already read the rules on the site. Is there a catwalk for the people in the hall competition that don't want to do skits? And also, is there a cut-off for the number of entrants for the hall competition?

DarkMgcnGirl
10-14-2005, 06:08 PM
I can't wait. I haven't gotten a chance to enter a competition in awhile. I always end up organizing things for them instead. And I had a similar question... and I did already read the rules on the site. Is there a catwalk for the people in the hall competition that don't want to do skits? And also, is there a cut-off for the number of entrants for the hall competition?

No I'm sorry there's no walk-ons for entries for the Hall Costume Contest. And nope there is no cut-offs for entries as long as I somehow don't run through the 100-150 forms I print out.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Tenshinoitami1
10-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Is jrock allowed in teh hall costume contest? does anyone know? I know it is at Otakon and AMA but wasn't sure about Nekocon

DarkMgcnGirl
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Is jrock allowed in teh hall costume contest? does anyone know? I know it is at Otakon and AMA but wasn't sure about Nekocon

Yes indeed. It's definatly allowed.

ThreeDempire
10-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Yes indeed. It's definatly allowed.

SWEEET I know some good jrock cosplays *cough point to tenshinoitami1 and chocokyo cough*

VULGARbeauty
11-01-2005, 11:24 PM
oooh, a hall contest... I remember doing the cosplay hall contest style at Sugoicon in 02... so glad I'm not going to be forced onstage for this one. *pokes ThreeDempire* What was that about good cosplay, Die-kun? Who has good cosplay? Who's Yokan do I want to pounce? mou! Never thinking just how good you are!

Tenshinoitami1
11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Oh but my Shin-chan WE, which includes you, just may eneter that contest XD