PDA

View Full Version : CNA/ Hobbystar Expo attendance numbers

Kaijugal
09-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Thank You to all 36,753 of you who attended the 2005 Canadian National Expo! You received the highest compliments from all of our guests, who raved about what a great weekend they had! The retailers and exhibitors also pass on their appreciation to the fans, and all will be returning in 2006.

Be sure to mark us on your calendars in the New Year, the Expo will take place on Labour Day Weekend, September 1-3 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, in the bigger and newer South Building.

Jenna1978
09-26-2005, 05:38 PM
That's awesome! To make next year even more perfect, my birthday is that weekend! haha!

Jo_Canadian
09-26-2005, 06:59 PM
SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP....thats alot of people and im calling work now to book it off

Kia
09-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Labour day weekend? Now that's a change (amongst others). Dawn, you wouldn't happen to know the rough break down of how many attendees there were for each major section on the con, would you?

mokulen22
09-27-2005, 05:09 AM
That's awesome! To make next year even more perfect, my birthday is that weekend! haha!

Me too. great B-day gift, eh!!

TribalButterfly
09-27-2005, 05:45 AM
Hey awesome! A new building! :)

trixyloupwolf
09-27-2005, 12:52 PM
snif snif
if only i could find a friend to bring me there........

if you know someone
pleaaase tell me

i want to go again....
just need a lift....^^;;

Kaijugal
10-02-2005, 03:05 PM
snif snif
if only i could find a friend to bring me there........

if you know someone
pleaaase tell me

i want to go again....
just need a lift....^^;;

There is a whole group that come out from Montreal on busses every year, maybe you can hook up with them somehow?

Otaking97
10-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Hmmm. Very impressive turn out.

I am just still so surprised when I saw the line up of people to purchase tickets to get in on Sunday.

Eleryth
10-02-2005, 07:05 PM
September?

I might actually be able to attend!! It could be my first serious volunteering experience. I'm actually sorta excited about this convention, and I'm impressed with how far the masq has come in 4 years. After my first experience, I said, "Never Again." But instead, you peeps have worked at bettering it, and now it's a respectable masquerade, in a nice theatre, proper stage, a GREENROOM (ugh, that hallway was terrible! Especially being an entry near the end)...

Can't commit now, obviously, need to get settled and find an apartment for the fall, first....

JustinCredible
10-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey awesome! A new building! :)

The original building actually...

TribalButterfly
10-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Whatever :p

Squall1882
10-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Labour day weekend? Now that's a change (amongst others). Dawn, you wouldn't happen to know the rough break down of how many attendees there were for each major section on the con, would you?

Would a count be accurate to Anime? Cause I know a lot that wanted the Anime pass (and didn't want to pay more just to watch the movies) and just bought a deluxe pass...

neko rinchan
10-17-2005, 12:43 PM
You probably can't do much about it, but why the later date?

It seems like every year, it happens a week later than the year before... Not much of a big deal for me next year because University starts after the Labor Day weekend, but if it happened like this this past year, then the con would have been on a weekend after college started. Not too big of a deal for TO people, but for all us other-city comutters, it means that we probably can't be able to swing it, what with school starting costs and all...

SO, I was just wondering why HobbyStar is doing this. Aren't a lot of congoers in the post secondary school age group? Do they realize having a con days before, or a days after school starts might make it impossible for people to attend? Or, did they not realize this when scheduling the new date?

I'm not trying to be mean to anybody, simply curious is all.