PDA

View Full Version : No Halloween Dance.... *cries* So what do we do?

akina_chan666
09-26-2005, 06:10 PM
So, since Anime North is not not holding an Anime Dance this year so... why not hold our own?

akina_chan666
09-26-2005, 06:14 PM
We could rent out a community centre, everyone could pitch in and stuff

chiku
09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
omg im in!! we could probly totally pull it off at a cheap community center and get everyone to pay like 5 bucks and the rest of the money we coudl dontate to a con or something if there was extra

Jo_Canadian
09-26-2005, 07:53 PM
well you have to look at it from this point, i dont mean to be there bearer of bad news but, you have to find one that isnt already booked for that night, you also have to find a dj who isnt booked this close to that night as well, i am sure that you could find someone but they normally require 2 months booking in advance and theyw ould prolly have not a clue in hell as to what jpop and jrock were, theyw ould have no way of finding the right kind of music. i mean if you want normal music and the like then by all means, but what i might suggest is maybe, do an AMV dance, get someone with a laptop and fill it full of AMVs and then have them played on a projector, that may work but hey i dunno, there is a cheap place here in brampton but its all a matter of being able to get here. sorry if this is any discouragement

chiku
09-26-2005, 08:15 PM
that would be so cool!! but i mean we could also like burn cds of jpop n jrock music right? i mean we could all suject songs we want to.. i mean hey were cosplayers we do last minuet things and we always try our hardest so why not atleast try and get something together and if it doesnt work out theres always next year

oneas
09-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Heh Sounds fun. Sadly brampton is way out of the way for me (being IN Thornhill and whatnot)

chiku
09-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Fridge u could stay over at my house or something!!

Sarcasm-hime
09-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Also, getting decent sound can be a problem. Our first J-pop dance at the JCCC was run off a boombox with really crappy little speakers, and the sound quality was terrible. You'll need at least two CD players and a mixing board so you can fade between the two, some really good speakers (that can handle high volume without sounding bad), and somebody who knows how to set all that up. ^_^;

oneas
09-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Well I could probably finaggle some people from MINT (previously Mandell) to do this. I know a DJ or two who owe me a favour.

chiku
09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Ill offer to do some of the jpop music, and i can make cool decorations or something lol!! i have friends to help to.. now wheres a place we could find to have it though? and where would the best place be for the dance to be located?

Kia
09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
We could rent out a community centre, everyone could pitch in and stuff
Where would you get the money? Things like this are never cheap, and you'd need the money up front.

I was really hoping for a dance myself, but I'm happy enough just to hang out with my friends at the High Park photoshoot that same weekend, which is why it was organized in the first place.

TheWestWind
09-27-2005, 06:25 AM
I believe Kaido_Kaoru and Allin have created a dance thread! They're working on a dance on the 29! Suport theeeeeeeem.... lolz

TribalButterfly
09-27-2005, 06:57 AM
lets keep an eye out on this subject.

Kaijugal
09-27-2005, 11:04 AM
You know...

If people were more forthcoming to offer help/volunteer/show this much motivation/take this much responsibility with exisiting events, (such as the Anime North Halloween JCC Dance), you wouldn't have to be going thru this planning now.

Just a thought, for the future...

kuko-chan
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
You know...

If people were more forthcoming to offer help/volunteer/show this much motivation/take this much responsibility with exisiting events, (such as the Anime North Halloween JCC Dance), you wouldn't have to be going thru this planning now.

Just a thought, for the future...
Well, as I recall, there had been a few people volunteering and Elemental was going to organize something, but things didn't work out. I'm sure if the AN staff had mentioned somewhere they actually wanted help, they would have received it. But from what I've read here, Tamara moved and no one else was planning to contact JCCC. I supposed the non-AN people were waiting to see if AN was going to put together the dance and when the official notice came saying no dance was happening, others decided to organize it.

I do agree, however, that it's a little late to be trying to organize something now. I think perhaps people should have let it slide this year and come back roaring next year. :)

Kaijugal
09-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, as I recall, there had been a few people volunteering and Elemental was going to organize something, but things didn't work out. I'm sure if the AN staff had mentioned somewhere they actually wanted help, they would have received it. But from what I've read here, Tamara moved and no one else was planning to contact JCCC. I supposed the non-AN people were waiting to see if AN was going to put together the dance and when the official notice came saying no dance was happening, others decided to organize it.

I do agree, however, that it's a little late to be trying to organize something now. I think perhaps people should have let it slide this year and come back roaring next year. If Allin's thing works out maybe she and Amanda would like to volunteer. HEck there is even Valentines comming! :)

True enough, but it doesn't take much for a bunch of people to say "Hey we're willing to become permanent voluteer staff to help handle this event what do we need to do to accomplish that?" Well. Maybe next year. :)

CandyChick
09-27-2005, 08:45 PM
i jusst wanted to let everyone know that there is a community center not too fair from were i live if you guys are stell looking for one it is called Thistletown community center(416)-394-8869 just trying to help you guys out i would love to go to a dance ^^

Kawaii Akina
09-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Maybe you can post that in the other thread that's made about the dance "Anime Dark Hallow' Dance" ^^

chiku
09-27-2005, 09:53 PM
this is so awsome!! we have a dance now!! yay!!