PDA

View Full Version : Anime Dark Hollow's Eve Dance

Kaido Kaoru
09-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Hello everyone..

Oki...this MAY sound mean and evil BUT if you'd like to know MORE info...email us at ckhalloweendance@gmail.com....
info about where/when and if you want to be a volunteer WILL BE ANSWERED...Please try not todo this over MSN. It is making our organization harder...only becuz we can't keep track of the volunteers....once again just send us a happy lil' email!!! thank you for your co-opperation!!!

Now for the MUSIC issue!!! We are taking REQUESTS NOW!!! E-mail us NAME OF THE SONG
ARTIST
WHAT ANIME OR GROUP ITS FROM....
FIRST 50 SONGS WILL BE PLAYED!!! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS!!
MAKE SURE YOU REQUEST YOUR SONG!!!!

My GREAT friend 'Allin' has decided to hold a dance for all of us and I have decided to help her out!! *dubbed herself Vice-Prez* lol

Now, me and her have been collaberating together and already booked a few places just in case.

The ONLY thing holding all of this back is the DJ issue..
If we can find a place that supplies the equipment we're set also asking(begging) friends has also occured...

INFORMATION

WHEN: ~ 7pm till 12am(date may change due to rec centers avaliblity...but most of our places are booked for the 29th...)

HOW MUCH~ We have budgetted $10 dollars....we hope this isn't too expensive!!!! ^__________^

We have set our attack in motion as well!
Dollar store decorations! YAY! :thumbsup:
Sam's club/Costco refreshments :drink:

We are currently asking (begging) for volunteers!
If you would like to volunteer of us PLEASE send us an email to EITHER ONE OF US!
Contact us BOTH at: ckhalloweendance@gmail.com

Tell us you would like to volunteer and for what! we need LOTS of help...
For:
Refreshment table
Ticket table
Resquester(person at table taking resquests)
Prizes table(lil' prizes but still....PRIZES!!)

Also, we'll probably rotate the workload...others will be more busy then others...SHARE the workload!!! ^___^ Also, that way others won't get bored!

Also, unfortunately there will only be the dance...no karaoke or DDR
I'm sorry we DEEPLY apologize but we're Dipping into our OWN pockets at the minute and hosting/having an extra would be more expensive and we just don't have the budget for that...sorry once again...

MUSIC

We will be taking requests NOW so if you want your song heard email us the NAME OF THE SONG-ARTIST-WHAT ANIME OR GROUP ITS FROM....

Now, me and Allin have CAREFULLY executed all ideas, problems that MIGHT occur, when, where, everything with a fine toothed comb.
Of course we're still having a few issues in a few places but we'll deal with those when the time comes...
Also, opinions are accepted as well....

Now, this is FAN-RUN! There will be NO profit! All of our proceeds are going to the Cancer Foundation!!!!

Well....We hope the turn out will be great!
Also we'll keep you posted!
And also VOTE if your comming or not!!!

GREATLY MANY THANKS!!!

~*~Catherine and Kristin~*~
(Allin and Kaido Kaoru)

TheWestWind
09-27-2005, 06:18 AM
You guys KNOW I'm so there, lol!

You've already booked places? You guys have been working so hard...

TribalButterfly
09-27-2005, 06:58 AM
That sounds pretty awesome. If i can get my friends into it, then i'll be there.

Edgar Strife
09-27-2005, 10:43 AM
As long as I get the info on the location of the event, you can bet that I'll be comming.

kuko-chan
09-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Ah, fantastic! I'm glad someone's taking the initiative! If you need any help, I'm in! Also, about DDR, if getting your hands on the game/playstation/dance pads is a problem, I have all three and I'm willing to loan them for the weekend! If you guys could get your hands on a TV for the evening, we could still have DDR!

If you want to email me, it's kuko.chan@gmail.com

So yeah, just provide the location and I'll be there! ^^ Thanks a lot guys!

Jo_Canadian
09-27-2005, 11:20 AM
i wouldnt mind knowing where this is, if you need my help just ask me to do something, another thing your going to have to set up is security. a group of volenteer security officers would be good.

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
*screams*

ZOMG I love you Kristen *snugs* I love you too Catherine-언니~~~!!!

I don't even know if I can go yet~~~ I'll see! ^-^

언니~~~ I can help~~ I'll... bring some music cds.

I can talk to Glico and Meiji to ask them about pocky selling at this dance.~~ Perhaps they'll give it to us cheap~

Sarcasm-hime
09-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone..
Now, I was a lil' cheesed at the last two dances that I couldn't request any songs...and that I had to email prior....*sighs* SOOOO we're going to be introducing a new method!

When you pay...bring either one or two cd's with you and tell us which song you REALLY wanna dance to for the nite...mind you we'll be putting in our own personal faves. But this way EVERYONE is happy and everyone gets a little somethin' somethin' for the nite...Hopefully we can play EVERYONES!

Now, this is FAN-RUN! There will be NO profit! But this doesn't mean our quality will be bad...we're going all out and we're doing it for everyone!!!
We just want you to enjoy!!!

I realize you're going into this with the best intentions, but I just want to clarify something. First, the previous JCCC dances have also been fan-run; my brother and I donate our time to the dances and to AN for no charge. AN has not gotten any profits from previous dances - we gave the profits to the JCCC in exchange for using their space.

Roupen (my brother) and I have been DJing for five years now, and have learned a lot of lessons in the process. The reason we usually don't take requests on-site is that we get SO MANY requests beforehand that there is physically NO WAY to play all of them. The same would apply even if we only took requests on-site - there just isn't enough time to play everything requested. Also, taking requests beforehand enables us to get the songs we don't have. As I'm sure you'll find out, playing CDs that people just bring at the dance is risky if you aren't familiar with the song - we made that mistake once and the song was terrible (and if the song is terrible everyone blames the DJ), so now we will only play something if we know it, and we just do NOT have time during the dance itself to listen to individual stuff to approve it.

We do the same thing that you're planning - mix requests in with stuff we choose. Again, I suspect you'll learn quite quickly the same thing we did - that it is impossible to play everyone's faves all the time, or to make everybody happy. There will always be somebody who complains that you didn't play enough of artist X, and somebody else who complains that you played too much of artist X. We just do our best and try to play a little bit of everything so everyone will hear something they like. But it's a juggling act, and it's pretty thankless.

But anyways, good luck with this event. I suspect you'll find (as we did) that running a successful dance is not as easy as it looks, but you have a lot of enthusiasm so I hope things go well for you. If you want any advice, feel free to contact me.

-- Sarcasm-hime, Anime North DJ

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I realize you're going into this with the best intentions, but I just want to clarify something. First, the previous JCCC dances have also been fan-run; my brother and I donate our time to the dances and to AN for no charge. AN has not gotten any profits from previous dances - we gave the profits to the JCCC in exchange for using their space.

Roupen (my brother) and I have been DJing for five years now, and have learned a lot of lessons in the process. The reason we usually don't take requests on-site is that we get SO MANY requests beforehand that there is physically NO WAY to play all of them. The same would apply even if we only took requests on-site - there just isn't enough time to play everything requested. Also, taking requests beforehand enables us to get the songs we don't have. As I'm sure you'll find out, playing CDs that people just bring at the dance is risky if you aren't familiar with the song - we made that mistake once and the song was terrible (and if the song is terrible everyone blames the DJ), so now we will only play something if we know it, and we just do NOT have time during the dance itself to listen to individual stuff to approve it.

We do the same thing that you're planning - mix requests in with stuff we choose. Again, I suspect you'll learn quite quickly the same thing we did - that it is impossible to play everyone's faves all the time, or to make everybody happy. There will always be somebody who complains that you didn't play enough of artist X, and somebody else who complains that you played too much of artist X. We just do our best and try to play a little bit of everything so everyone will hear something they like. But it's a juggling act, and it's pretty thankless.

But anyways, good luck with this event. I suspect you'll find (as we did) that running a successful dance is not as easy as it looks, but you have a lot of enthusiasm so I hope things go well for you. If you want any advice, feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the advice~ ^-^

Kaido Kaoru
09-27-2005, 12:27 PM

Thanks Saracasm-hime...and yes I know that you guys never took in any profit from the dance...I understand AN is non-profit as well...so I'd never make that assumsion...I was just telling people that we don't have that big of a budget so we can't afford the ritz er anything...^_^;;;;;

Also, after posting we started talking about the "requests" issue...and we realized that, yes, there isn't enough time...so about 5 days towards the date we will be taking requests VIA email. First 50 songs WILL be played...that way also if we don't have the song we can pirate it....ARRR! x_o(pirate face)

Also, Saracasm...the JCCC dosen't have their own equpiment for DJing do they?

SOOOOO ANYONE THAT KNOWS A DJ WITH THEIR OWN EQUIPMENT PLEEEEEAAASASSSEEEE CONTACT US....
I saw in the other post that someone knows a DJ that owes them a favor or two PLEASE contact us!!! ^,^;;;;

Also...I KNOW this isn't OBVIOUS but COSPLAY!!! is VERY welcomed!!!
we wanna see the best as we'll be giving out a best cosplay door prize!!!

OH!!! and Jo-Candian GREAT idea about the gaurds but I want people to move freely from outside to the inside...so I guess ppl checking hands and stuff for a stamp stating if they've already paid er something would be good...
Are you volunteering!??! LOL

By the way...we sadly only have ONE...yes onlY...ONE volunteer please help us make this dance possible!!!

Love you all!!!
~*~Krisitn~*~

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
teehee~~~ ^-^

yesyes I told Catherine unnie I'd help already~~ ^-^

I'll talk to people about dj-ing and whatnots.

Song requests would be much easier for everyone..We should be careful which ones we're going to play... first 50 might not be good. Perhaps we can ask people to list their top 3 songs they want?? (same as AN does)

Sarcasm-hime
09-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Also, Saracasm...the JCCC dosen't have their own equpiment for DJing do they?

Actually I think they do now; the sound booth above the big ballroom has a mixing board, but since it's expensive equipment they're fussy about letting people use it. IIRc they didn't want lots of people up there other than the DJs to reduce the chances of anything getting damaged. I don't recall if they have two CD players or just one; you could ask.

Kaijugal
09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
You know , as I pointed out in the other forum, if people had just come forward and volunteered to take responsibility sooner, there wouldn't be so much need to duplicate work. >_<

Why does everyone always wait until zero hour to step up to the plate? >_<

Allin
09-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Oh I gotta say something about the music request thing.

We will play up to 50 requests. It will be for the most of part first come first serve, but if we see a song requested many times by a lot of ppl, it will most definately have a place in the request list.

So send us your fav music so we'll have bit of what you want!

- Allin

Allin
09-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Er. JCCC is out of the equation now.

If we have less than 95 ppl, they'll lend us the small room for Oct. 30th
but that means we have no DJ equipments.

And the hallrooms with Music equipments in the second floor is all booked for that weekend and until January o_O;;

So, JCCC is out. I'm counting on other places now.
I'm going out to find out my second option in my vicinity.
Wish me luck!

- Allin

Yami Rurouni
09-27-2005, 03:03 PM
DANCEDANCEDANCEDANCEDANCEDANCE!!!! i'm coming for sure!!!!! *makes determined face*

If there's anything i can do to help you guys out just ask me!

LoneWanderer
09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
K cath I just cleared that weekend of all work count me in if u want help^^

(unless something huge comes up and I get swamped by work)

Kawaii Akina
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Woot! Glad theres a dance, thanks guys ^^ Yeah if you need any other help count me in as well. Wee~

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 05:52 PM
*is in the process of begging friend to DJ*

arghhhhhhHHHHHHHhhhhhh reply!!! > O<

Anyway...

Ummmmm how about checking some of the community centres around T.O.?
Toronto Community Centres (http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/parks/recreation_facilities/comcen/comcen_index.htm)

scarlet
09-27-2005, 08:36 PM
I will volunteer if you need any help~~~ I really really want the dance to happen ^^

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 08:37 PM
I will volunteer if you need any help~~~ I really really want the dance to happen ^^

wheeeeeee Venus-neesan! ^-^

Hehehe~~ I'm trying to make a gothic lolita dress for the dance... Dammit so much work @ _@

scarlet
09-27-2005, 08:38 PM
wheeeeeee Venus-neesan! ^-^

Hehehe~~ I'm trying to make a gothic lolita dress for the dance... Dammit so much work @ _@
yah a loli dress takes so much time to make~~ good luck!!! I look forward to see you in it XD XD XD

chiku
09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
i want to do a lolita alice now ..god so much to do before the dance!!

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 08:43 PM
w00t! more gosuroris!!! ^-^

arghhhhhhh no time to make it... thank goodness the dance is after midterms @ _@ crazinessssssss

scarlet
09-27-2005, 08:44 PM
that makes me feel the needs of making something for Halloween again ^^;

jiyoon
09-27-2005, 08:46 PM
that makes me feel the needs of making something for Halloween again ^^;
yaya~~ @ _@ hahaha~~

It'll be quite cool around that time too, right? @ _@

oneas
09-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I believe it is time whorey potter makes a come back >.> <.<

Dilandau
09-27-2005, 10:42 PM
yay !!! my first dance (cosplay dance that is 0.0)
I need all the time I can get , not only for my college but also I’m doing 3 costumes , all due at the same day , my costume, my brother costume,and jiyoon costume . I swear, I will lose 10 pounds after this @_______________@;;;;;;;;

Jo_Canadian
09-27-2005, 11:06 PM
allin, do you want me to set up a security team, i have some friends from the military who are cosplayers, we could do it if you want

HidoshiNobunaga
09-27-2005, 11:16 PM
I'll be there, with bells on. ^~

Kaido Kaoru
09-27-2005, 11:24 PM
allin, do you want me to set up a security team, i have some friends from the military who are cosplayers, we could do it if you want

Hey Chris!!!

That would be GREAT!!! We will need a few Chaporones for the dance...
since there MIGHT be underaged ppl there
I believe the equvilant is 1 Chaporone per every 30 ppl
So if they are 19 and above send them their names and ages to:
ckhalloweendance@gmail.com
Thanks Chris your a sweety!!!

~*~Catherine and Krisitn~*~

Bubba T
09-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow, you guys are just awesome!!!! I am definitely gonna be there and also I am available for volunteering. Just gimme a holla beforehand of what to do and stuff.

Otaking97
09-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Sounds interesting. I'm always up for helping. Feel free to contact me for anything. Dances rule and I hope it works out. Don't fret about not many people stepping up to the plate just yet. This thread has only been around for a day. Give it time. More people will come around.

Just let me know where......if it's some crazy place I may not be able to make it since I just won't be bothered with driving right into TO. I know that's rather lame but big city traffic scares me.

heki-chan
09-28-2005, 01:40 AM
I have a couple DJ friends, I'll call them tomorrow and hope they aren't booked on halloween weekend already >o< They have their own equipment, not sure how well anime-music will sit with them, but I'll find out. >o<

jiyoon
09-28-2005, 01:41 AM
yay !!! my first dance (cosplay dance that is 0.0)
I need all the time I can get , not only for my college but also Iím doing 3 costumes , all due at the same day , my costume, my brother costume,and jiyoon costume . I swear, I will lose 10 pounds after this @_______________@;;;;;;;;

*worships* I love you Sheilaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :heart:

heheheh

No time to make my own~~~ No one else shall know my costume! *snickers* BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE teh smexiness XD

I heart Sheila, the most amazing person to grace this planet

And Mandy too. I wouldn't be able to worship Sheila without you :heart:

I'm really hyper. I should stop drinking coffee at night XD

Allin
09-28-2005, 01:44 AM
I have a couple DJ friends, I'll call them tomorrow and hope they aren't booked on halloween weekend already >o< They have their own equipment, not sure how well anime-music will sit with them, but I'll find out. >o<

Thanks Heki-chan. We are looking for DJs and have gotten in contact with some of them, but we'd still like to ask others too. Let us know how it goes. We'll keep you update with what kind of equipment we can get hold of.

- Allin

jiyoon
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
*cries at the stupid fire alarm that woke her up*

arghhhhhHHHHHhhhh

anyway... yes. Has anyone found a possible location yet? It's really hard to get more people to come if we don't have a definite location, right?

Kawaii Akina
09-28-2005, 09:37 AM
*worships* I love you Sheilaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :heart:

heheheh

No time to make my own~~~ No one else shall know my costume! *snickers* BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE teh smexiness XD

I heart Sheila, the most amazing person to grace this planet

And Mandy too. I wouldn't be able to worship Sheila without you :heart:

I'm really hyper. I should stop drinking coffee at night XD

Ah~ your welcome ^^

Allin
09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
anyway... yes. Has anyone found a possible location yet? It's really hard to get more people to come if we don't have a definite location, right?

Yup. We are working on the locations now. We've got some decent options, so we are hoping to make those work, before we are forced to cosider the 'lesser' options = 3=. Yeah, I'm hoping to get the place down by the end of this week.'

- Allin

Kaido Kaoru
09-28-2005, 01:31 PM
WE HAVE A LOCATION!!!!!!!!!

*DANCES* W0000000000000000000T AND IT COMES WITH EQUIPMENT AND ITS CHEAP AS ALMOST FREE!!!!

BUT!!!!!

yes an ULGY BUT!!!!

It will be sooner then the 29th...unfortunately everywhere is booked for that day...*sighs* we should've known.

BUT none the less...WE HAVE A LOCATION!!!

*spazes*
Love you all!!!
~*~Kristin and Catherine~*~

Alexia Ishtar
09-28-2005, 01:35 PM
before the 29th? O.o like in, how soon before?

kels
09-28-2005, 02:53 PM
nyaaaa.. if this actually happens, then i THINK i will probably come~
i'll try to help out tho, so if you guys need anything.. XD~

kuko-chan
09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
So, where is this place? And when now? ^^;;

TheWestWind
09-28-2005, 07:22 PM
BEFORE the 29?!? I'm fine with it, 'cept I won't be able to have a new costume finished by then! But I'll rewear something(and that something is Sasuke[Get used to it, lol!]).

But yeah, I'm practically free almost every weekend anyway...

scooby-chan
09-28-2005, 08:16 PM
err? where and when..lol-_-;

jiyoon
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
bonjourrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm dead tired... ZOMG too many hours of lectures today.

Anyway... good to know you have a location... I couldn't ask the Ryerson staff today cos... too many hours of lectures.. .haha...

If it's before the 29th, I don't think I'll be able to go. If it's a weekend after, it'd be fine.

MakotoShinki
09-28-2005, 09:20 PM
heard about the location today **lol
and im on the volunteer list.. haha ^^"

update the very first post so people just tuning in knows =D

jiyoon
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
oh oh my mistake...

If you read Kristen's (Kaido Kaoru's) post, it says SOONER.

So it won't be before. ^^ Just a little correction...

Ochika
09-28-2005, 09:48 PM
*looks at her radio DJing certificate* alas i have no equipmwnt >_> except the 24 thousand dollar radio station at school.. but i cant exactly use that XD. and i dont think id be able to make it seeing as i have a photoshoot earlier in the day and i dont know what everyone else is doing afterwards >_>

Sarcasm-hime
09-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Just FYI, it has come to my attention that some people are assuming that I'll be DJing this dance. Unfortunately I have previous commitments on the 29th (made because it looked like there would be no dance) so I won't be available. Sorry.

Allin
09-29-2005, 01:29 AM
update the very first post so people just tuning in knows =D

Will do, Makoto-san XD
Fancy running into you while trying to get Kikiwai to sponsor us. Haha.
Which, by the way, was a success.

So we do have prizes give away during the night for the costumes, and great dances! Of course, all the main informations will be updated into the first post, by latest, Friday.

After that, it's more running around to get things together, lol.
It will be more shopping, yay! XD

[Are you guys enjoying this as much as I do? >=3]

- Allin

TheWestWind
09-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Yay! You guys are working so hard, lol! Such determination! Go Cath and Krissy! Rawr!

You guys are doing a great job organizing something so quickly.

jiyoon
09-29-2005, 07:16 AM
XD yayness~

I need black platform boots T_T booooooooooooooooo...... so expensive!

Btw... Kristen should reallllllllllly change the first post soon.

*-The Mother Hen XD

Jo_Canadian
09-29-2005, 10:07 AM
alright as it stands now i have 2 volenteers for my security team, that makes for 3 including myself, im going to want atleast 7 including myself, just to have on patrol and so that we can go on shifts. if you want to volenteer and are 18+ in age, email me or send me a pm
RT_Canadian@hotmail.com
please put security volenteer in the subject line
it doesnt matter if your male or female, so dont let that stop you

kels
09-29-2005, 12:19 PM
mm it really depennds on what day it is.. im not entirely sure if i can make it if its before the 29th because i dont know when my midtermexams are yet.. so i guess i'll be updating you guys whether or not i can go.. *_*.. i want to go thoo waiiiii~~~~~

Kaido Kaoru
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
We have our location but the set date is ify...

The Manager of the place said that he'dhave to check for Oct.29th but he believes that students are also holding a halloween get to together there.

So that leaves us WIITTTHHHHH:

October 8: personally ME AND CATH find thisWAYYYYY too soon...not only for us but also for you dancers as well! >.<

October 15: This is REALLY do-able....is it for you guys?

October 30: yes....we KNOW its a Sunday....but would you still go?

BUT OCTOBER 29 ISN'T OUT OF THE PICTURE YET SO LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED NE?

PLease tell us Which is appropiate....We think he's booking us for October 15th..is that good?

ALSO!!! I know a few friends that said they would not attend if their cosplay costumes weren't done.....My reply to that is......."give me a break"
Wear something OLD if you have to! We just want you there enjoying yourself and having fun fun fun!!! Cosplay is un-important!!! Just grace us with your WONDERFUL presence!!! thank you (hopes to see some Narutards!!)

And I've added info to the FIRST post!!!
love you all!!!
~*~kristin~*~

MakotoShinki
09-29-2005, 03:33 PM
its true that theres school/work on monday..
what about friday, 28th?
15th is a little soon too.. @@a
(though id still go & volunteer regardless of the date ^^")

Edgar Strife
09-29-2005, 05:49 PM
As for me the 15 or the 30 of oct is ok with me. Just a quick question, where is the location of the dance?

Kawaii Akina
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Hmm, the 30th is fine for me since school doesn't involve (and that I don't have to take my sister and her friends trick-or-treating the next day) so that's fine. The 15th, is that a school day? And the 8th is really TOO early for me since I have other stuff to do like school work and all. But hopefully we can still get the 29th though *crosses her fingers* Goodluck!!

Otaking97
09-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Any Weekend is good for me. I don't work then. But still need to know WHERE. Without that I can't make my decision if I'm going to jam down with 5 people or not.

PS. How else are you promoting this? Because so far we only have 21 people that say they will go in the poll. Considering that a third of those would likely not show due to whatever reasons there is a danger that there could only be like 50 people there. 100 would be nice at the very least. Cosplay or not.

If possible do you have any information on the sound equipment as well? I like my clubs/dances nice and loud. God bless A.Norths but when they lost that amp and a few speakers went out it got rather lame quick. Sorry to say.

Cheruubi
09-29-2005, 08:13 PM
lol this dance sounds pretty kewl^^, if you need volunteers just email me @ Chand_delier@yahoo.ca, but u'll have to email me the location, date, and time too:jjacks:

Cherie

Skulduggery
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Pan and I have midterms and lots of stuff due around the time of Oct 15, so we're not able to make it for that. Is there a reason why it can't be done on the 28th? And the 30th isn't too bad, either.

Allin
09-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't like posting when I'm not 100% sure on things,
but I guess ppl deserve to know since they are wanting to come and help.
Sorry for the delay in the process, but we are really working as fast as we can.

So as of now, the almost certain location is Innis College, U of T.
That's near St. George station. I know Krisitn has mentioned 15th as the likely option, because everything from 22nd-30th is booked basically.

Beside, that's midterms for those who are still in school.

And we'd like it to be on Saturday, or at least Friday, so people don't have to worry about the day after, and stay until the last minute of the dance.

So I'm considering Nov. 5th as an option. What do you guys think?

I know it will be after halloween, but it will be easier on all of us, as we don't have to rush so much, and hopefully it will be available to us, since it's *after* Halloween.

This is just an option, and idea, and i'm asking for your opinion.
Please let me know. I want a date that's convenient for majority.

jiyoon
09-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok... I'm in the process of acquiring some music...

I don't think the request process is going to work. It's hard to play requests, as sometimes, it just doesn't work. The DJ I found will play more danceable music, but it may not be as recognizable. It'll be stuff like Heartsdales, Da Pump, Koda Kumi, L'Arc, T.M. Revolution and whatnot.

But I don't think you guys should really take requests... most requests that are m,ore popular, like UVERworld will be played, but yeah... no Gravitation. That's not really danceable

Allin
09-29-2005, 09:20 PM
According to the #1 DJ candidate [who is very serious and professional about DJing], request system might not work out well, considering the fact that... well, we like Anime music.

But not all of Anime music are dance-able.
And this IS a dance night after all. We need music that are dance-able.

So this is the latest update regarding music.

Please do send us request, so we'll know the type of music you'd like to hear.
But I'm afraid, it maybe omitted if the song is not dance-able [something like Fruits Basket openning...;;].
Thus it will not work on first come first server basis, but refering and selecting the songs that are suitable for the night.

We still want to hear the music we like, but you don't want to just stop dancing all of a sudden and listen to music, now would you?
Well, that's where I'm coming from. And always, let me know of your opinions.

I'm all ears to suggestions.

Allin
09-29-2005, 09:40 PM
PS. How else are you promoting this?

Right now, we have no means but talking to everyone possible on MSN and using cosplay.com forums. T_T

We are thinking about using flyers, and posting them at Kikiwai [our sponsors], and handing it out, as ppl come in.

So please help us spread the word, and if you have any idea/suggestion/other means of promoting the dance, please let us know

If possible do you have any information on the sound equipment as well?

The place we currently got hold of [Innis College] has some sound system. But as I know nothing of DJing or the related equipments, I'll be accompanied by a professional DJ to check out the machines with me.

I'll let you know what happens.

- Allin

jiyoon
09-29-2005, 09:41 PM
The place we currently got hold of [Innis College] has some sound system. But as I know nothing of DJing or the related equipments, I'll be accompanied by a professional DJ to check out the machines with me.

I'll let you know what happens.

- Allin

Just a correction... he's an amateur, so I don't want anyone's hopes to get too high. He's just been very kind to help us out.

Lady_Sodina
09-29-2005, 10:05 PM
November 5th works fine with me if that's when we have to do it. I don't mind doing it AFTER Halloween ^^"

Once the date/place is settled, I'll help promote this in any way I can!!

MakotoShinki
09-29-2005, 10:32 PM
November 5th is fine.
its a saturday, and we dont always have to do it before anyway.

Allin
09-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Just a correction... he's an amateur, so I don't want anyone's hopes to get too high. He's just been very kind to help us out.

LOL ok. he sounded very serious about what he was doing.
So I thought that was just as good as being a professional X3

Thanks for the correction.

- Allin

scarlet
09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
I think Nov5 is fine too ^^

jiyoon
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
*is all mother-hen ish* awaughhhhhh so much music...so much music to acquire @ _@ *is pirating away like mad*

Kaido Kaoru
09-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Oki...it seems everythings SLIGHTLY worked out...

Since WE have more time now...maybe WE can focus on the lil' things more too....

Today we're going to meet the DJ(YAY WE HAVE ONE!!!) and I'm going to show my partner in crime the location...since I've been there many-a-times!!

We found a place will only cost us about 300 (plus equpiment) for the time we want it!!! But its a NICE place TRUST me...Cheap as ALMOST free!
they hold Free friday nite independent films there in the winter....
thats how me and my friends know about it...

But remember this is part of a CLASSROOM! I hope everyone will treat it with respect just like everywhere else we've all been....

And the Dance floor is big...and just from listening to the movies...I'd say the sound equipment is really good...Please don't worry.....just come and as my friend Teresa would say "DANCE PEOPLE DANCE!" (lol ^_^)

And it seems that Nov. 5th is the date we're aiming for now!!!
So lets keep our fingers AND toes crossed...

Oh! And Adrienne...Ubverworld(er however its spelt) WILL BE PLAYED!! DUH!
We're hoping to leave that mid-nite to get the crowd REALLY into it...
But no more spoliers!!!

We hope to see you all there...

~*~Kristin and Catherine~*~

Kaido Kaoru
09-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Pan and I have midterms and lots of stuff due around the time of Oct 15, so we're not able to make it for that. Is there a reason why it can't be done on the 28th? And the 30th isn't too bad, either.

Yes...after CARFULL considertion we changed the date to later so that ppl CAN attend after their mid-terms...
*growls*stupid school...

But this way we also have a SATURDAY planned so that ppl don't have to worry about being out....

Better?
~*~kristin and Catherine~*~

TheWestWind
09-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Ok, sure go with Nov 5, though my mid-terms are actually on the 28, lol. I woulda been fine either way! But Nov 5 is fine, I think it does mean my costume will be ready!

jiyoon
09-30-2005, 09:04 AM
hahaha yay Kristen~~

$300? That's more than... "almost nothing" @ _@;;; Hahaha *is cheap*

I'll try to get more people from my old high school to go XD. I wonder if that means I do have to go to commencement? lol

Waughh you guys are working hard~~~ ^-^ Keep it up!

Skulduggery
09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
So I'm considering Nov. 5th as an option. What do you guys think?

"Foolish humans! Airing a Halloween special in November!"

The day sounds great, actually. ^_^

Jo_Canadian
09-30-2005, 10:07 AM
sounds good to me, i wanna have a look at the place myself

Edgar Strife
09-30-2005, 11:13 AM
So the 5 of Nov it is, I'll try to make it.

Ichigo-chan
09-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Sure, nov 5 is better than nothing. But to tell you the truth, the spirit might be a little lost. After all... there's something about october being over that really indicates winter setting in. (Anyone notice how it almost.. always snows on halloween...)

Oooh, i'm promoting too!! I go to jiyoon's old high school and i'll be plugging this dance like mad to my anime club.

And i'll still be there being a faithful glowstick girl =) I hope i can piece together a full gothic loli outfit in time.

Mrs^Sesshoumaru
09-30-2005, 09:00 PM
wow i havent been on cosplay.com in MONTHS spent too long reading all of this thread but its totally awsome that someone decided to hold a dance im totally pumped:jjacks: !! and the date doesnt really matter to me ill definatly make an appearance even if i have to wear an ancient cosplay :bigtu: lol ill likely drag some others who arent a part of cosplay.com(shame on them*shakes head*):razz:

fressia_33
09-30-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm so excited that people are actually putting a dance on, I was so sad that there was no dance :( You guys so rock! Nov 5th is the best for me ... I will try and bring a bunch of people ^_^

scooby-chan
09-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Yay dance! So is November 5th for sure? Because I need to book of le work^^

Kaido Kaoru
10-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Yay dance! So is November 5th for sure? Because I need to book of le work^^

W're Metting with the Manager on Monday aft. and we're going to go over the day then BUT 99.9% sure its gonna be on Nov.5th

Also...this place HAS SURROUND SOUND the equpiment is BEAUTIFUL!!!
*cries at the meer thought*

I hope lots will come but I think our MAX. Capacity is 200 ppl...T.T
Sorry but this is
ONE~ aLL WE COULD AFFORD AT SUCH LATE NOTICE
TWO~We hope that 100ppl at least Come....

Please ppl make this worth the while!!!

Love you all!!!
~*~krisitn and catherine~*~

jiyoon
10-01-2005, 02:05 AM
phwaor I shall be there. I'll talk to you sometime about the music thing? @ _@

Dilandau
10-01-2005, 01:35 PM
YAY, SO HAPPY . This is going to be great , November 5th is perfect !!, everyone will get there new costumes done on time, school will not be a problem, and with a photo shoot on the 29th, Halloween on the 31st , this fits in perfectly .

I can’t wait!!! *evil laugh*

jiyoon
10-01-2005, 01:42 PM
wheeeeeeeeeeee costume X3

chaos_magician
10-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Sweet my Snape costume will be done fur sure can't wait fur the dance heheehe

LoneWanderer
10-01-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm soooooo lazy... hm TheWestWind I'm stealing your kyo again...

(waaay to cold in nov 5 for ban to come *also I gotta regrow the hair* :( )

oneas
10-01-2005, 06:08 PM
I am bringing a friend <333

jiyoon
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I am bringing a friend <333

bring as many people as you'd like~ ^-^

Straywind
10-01-2005, 09:10 PM
It's incredible to see how much work those who are involved with organizing this dance have been putting into it. It's also amazing to see how quickly a plan for this dance has come together. In less than a week a location, date and a cost has pretty much been decided. I applaud Allin and Kaido Kaoru and all the other volunteers who are working hard to make this possible. (^_^)

I'll hopefully be coming. Like a lot of people here, I'm a huge Halloween junkie so I'm hoping despite the fact the dance will be a few days after Halloween, the spirit and theme of the holiday will still be with us. (^^)

I'm also hoping to start a new costume within a few days and with the extra time I might be able to get it done for the dance.

I'm really looking forward to the event! Iím sure it will be a fun evening. (^-^)

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 02:05 PM
(is taking over Allin's spot >=3)

Please check out the new thread on the dance HERE (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69079)

It's important everyone reads everything! ^w^ This should answer most questions

Allin
10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Just to clarify.

It is NOT two seperate dances.
I just had someone asking me if i'm holding two dance on Oct. 29th and on Nov. 5th.

I'm sorry, it would be nice if we did that, but we are only human. It's outside our capacity to hold two dances in a row like that.

The date of the dance has been changed to Nov. 5
It's the same dance.
I hope it doesn't confuse ppl ^^;;

- Allin