PDA

View Full Version : the speeeeeed . . .!

Ayaka
07-25-2002, 04:10 PM
I have DSL!!!! *does happy dance* After them telling us we were 100 feet too far from the box, another tech guy came this week and said all he had to do was boost the signal (there was some kind of cap on the bandwidth that was interfering). And I just got a 4MB file in . . . ONE MINUTE. *gapes* *head explodes* Is this . . . heaven? XD I mean, when I was doing 2,000 bytes a sec on dial-up it was a good day. I may actually be able to get anime now! If I can figure out how . . . really breaks my heart now Audiogalaxy is gone, I'm back to Google searches to get songs.

Of course, the bad news is, now I may NEVER go offline, lol. Well until I have to go back to school . . . I was actually gonna ask for some anime/j-pop/j-rock song suggestions (I swear, my guilt factor is so high, I really DO buy the CDs!), but maybe I'll get some from the music thread.

Ina
07-25-2002, 05:19 PM
ahhh!!! your SO lucky!!!!!!! you could download anime at Kazaa or maybe Morpheous!!! lucky you!!! *is still waiting for her anime ep to finish* need.......D......S......L *falls down* hope you have fun with it X3

Ayaka
07-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Not from Kazaa or Morpheus I can't. (I'm a Mac user.) Sputnik was the last functional file sharing program for the Mac, and it died with Audiogalaxy . . . ;_; But, anyway, DSL is available in more and more areas, and I bet the price will drop too. Just hang in there Ina!

Ranma Saotome
07-25-2002, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the high speed club! :)

You're on a Mac? You poor deprived child... Try here- www.zeropaid.com

File sharing tools for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Ayaka
07-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Yep, I looked there. There are plenty of Mac programs, but NONE of them work. Trust me. You do a search, you get zip, or you get search results and all the DLs fail. *sigh* 'Tis Google for me, or pleading with friends to send me stuff, heh.

Babbit_Chan
07-25-2002, 10:31 PM
Have you tried Imesh? You're so lucky ;-; I might get DSL this year.... Might.... If me parents don't mind me glued to the computer all day XD

Ranma Saotome
07-26-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Yep, I looked there. There are plenty of Mac programs, but NONE of them work. Trust me. You do a search, you get zip, or you get search results and all the DLs fail. *sigh* 'Tis Google for me, or pleading with friends to send me stuff, heh.

Your best bet is to get a cheap low end PC. ^^

Lillyxandra
07-26-2002, 10:13 AM
*sigh* I can only dream of DSL. Where I live they dont even offer it(._.). 50k SUCKS!!!!

Tenjou
07-26-2002, 10:27 AM
*_* dsl *____* I only have a 56k. ;_; downloading rinbu revolution took me, like... 2 hours. ;-; and it's 4mb's ;; and you get it in a minute. ;___;

^^: I want to get dsl, but my dad's weird, he think it will slow down the computer. ^^::::::::::::: heh.

Ranma Saotome
07-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Lillyxandra
*sigh* I can only dream of DSL. Where I live they dont even offer it(._.). 50k SUCKS!!!!

Then you may have to get cable... Then you're reeally screwed.

Yggdrasil Pie
07-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Ah...yes! I too have the SPEED now!! ^^
I'm free from AOL's evil hold!!!!! ^^

Ayaka
07-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Yay! *gives WaterEmpress a cookie*

Although . . . now I have a connection that can handle it . . . and I can't find anywhere to dl the really recent series . . . T-T

Yggdrasil Pie
07-28-2002, 01:25 AM
Cookie! Thanks!! ^^

Awww...keep looking, I bet you'll find one...somewhere. ^^

Legato/Machan
07-28-2002, 06:55 AM
Well, I got a DSL connection, but here in Brazil they are kinda slow compared with the DSL in US and Canada.
At least I have a friend of mine who works in the Internet Departament in a Univesity, there is a conection of Gigabyte there!
Everyday he brings about 2 or 3 cd's with anime or manga! I think I will work at the Internet Dep. too.! ^_^

Kurenai
08-09-2002, 08:16 PM
I just got DSL too! ::celebrates with the speedy modem ppl:: It's nice having entire pages of pictures just pop up like that instead of waiting for every single one to load......laggity lag....

Ayaka
08-09-2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah! ^^ It's so nice having things come up . . .

Oshi
08-09-2002, 10:34 PM
Ayaka, if you wanna download anime... You're gonna have to start using FileServers on IRC ^_^;;
It's a little hard to learn from the start... but first thing you wanna do is download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com). I'm pretty sure there's a mac version too.

ReiChan
08-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Can you use Direct Connect on a mac? That program's great for getting anime.

Otherwise, I guess you could try and make friends with someone who's got an FTP server full of anime, hehe. XD

Ranma Saotome
08-10-2002, 02:07 PM
I'm working on a File Server full of stuff for peeps to leech... But I will ask that you upload in return. :)

Ayaka
08-10-2002, 03:06 PM
I'm stuck in the endless loop though . . . most people won't give you stuff if you can't upload something to them, but I don't have anything to upload because I can't get anything because I don't have anything to upload . . . oO;;; Well unless people want MP3s, I am able to get those via Google, and I have a lot of manga translations . . .

I have an IRC program, but I CANNOT figure out how to use it. I'm not a total idiot, really, but I'm stumped. Guess I'll try and find a different one.

Ranma Saotome
08-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Ayaka, if you ever get ur butt on AIM, I'll send you mp3s. :)

Oshi
08-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Get on AIM, and I'll tell you how to do the FServs and stuff in mIRC... It's all about what room you go to...