PDA

View Full Version : Magna Carta: Clintz

TheLoneWolf
02-01-2003, 01:44 AM
This costume is leaving me sort of....stumped.Now I know I need to get a sword and a hakama,but that's about it so,um....any pointers,tips,comments,stuff I should do or get,etc?

Clintz (http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/Ky0vsIori/clintz.jpg)

Kabuki
02-01-2003, 02:02 AM
Calintz does NOT wear hakama...check out the game if you dun belive me LOL...=P they're just baggy pants w/ a permanent startched/ironed crease down the center.

as for the sword....I would carve it out of balsa wood in sections and piece it together...and use a foiling kit for a mettalic "metal" look or model paint w/ a wood primer.

I've wanted to do him for FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! but his jewlrey is a bit daunting....<----is an anal retentive perfectionist LOL

TheLoneWolf
02-01-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by the almighty
Calintz does NOT wear hakama...check out the game if you dun belive me LOL...=P they're just baggy pants w/ a permanent startched/ironed crease down the center.

Well,that makes my life a whole lot more easier!

as for the sword....I would carve it out of balsa wood in sections and piece it together...and use a foiling kit for a mettalic "metal" look or model paint w/ a wood primer.

*nods*

I've wanted to do him for FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! but his jewlrey is a bit daunting....<----is an anal retentive perfectionist LOL

I know the feeling!

Do you know anywhere I can get more info on Clintz? do you know if I can get and play magna carta anywhere in the states?
A friend of mine said that it was easy enough to aquire,but you need to play it on a korean OS........

TheLoneWolf
02-01-2003, 02:09 AM
A few other questions though.

1.What IS that green check thing sticking out from the side of his coat?
2.How does the black embroidered thing around his waist/leg go? is it a wide sash or something?
3.Got better pic of him+jewellery,or just his jewellery?

Kabuki
02-01-2003, 02:13 AM
LOL

www.magnacarta.co.kr

my sister's korean friend has it, I begged her to let me watch her play LOL....I'm trying to find someone w/ any of the Wars of Genesis series.....*_______* (I feel kinda dumb cosplaying Christian w/o prior knowledge of the game)

TheLoneWolf
02-01-2003, 02:16 AM
Well,that's *EXACTLY* what I will be doing ^^;;
Any tips on the rest of the questions?

~edit~

Whoops,I stand corrected.Now I do!

Lady Somairot
02-01-2003, 02:22 AM
my bf and I are making a Calintz costume for him, and Juclesia for myself (wanted to have it for Katsu, but I dunno... i have to remake the f-ing vest because I blew out a candle above it and wax splashed on it >_<!!!)

but ANYWAY.. ^_^ here's some Magna Carta info if you want to read up on the character. ^_~

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/magna_carta/magna_carta.html

good luck!

TheLoneWolf
02-01-2003, 02:28 AM
did you use a pattern? or did you just go by the visuals?

Kabuki
02-01-2003, 02:28 AM
1. its a coat lining....but its only attatched at the shoulders of the jacket....instead of making it like you would a lining....I'd make it almost like a seaperate garment and tack stitch it to the inside of the jacket.
2. its like coat tails theres two identical ones hanging over the butt and legs that attatch at the waist like Kilik's butt flag. they go up under the jacekt....I'd make them attatch to the pants by means of belt loops and stringing the belt through those and the pant belt loops simutainiously(sp)
3. theres two wallpapers up on the official site....one is a CGI facial that shows the TRUE in-game jewlery the other is an artist illustration render.

TheLoneWolf
02-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I'm still a little fuzzy about the lining,but thanks for everything else,though!

A J
02-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Lady Somairot
my bf and I are making a Calintz costume for him, and Juclesia for myself (wanted to have it for Katsu, but I dunno... i have to remake the f-ing vest because I blew out a candle above it and wax splashed on it >_<!!!)

Lady Somairot,

Dunno if this will work but you can try it. Put a paper towel over the wax spill on your fabric and put a warm <edit cause I can't spell>iron</edit> on top of it. The idea is that the iron will melt the wax and the paper towel will absorb it. It may not work depending on the material but it sounds like it can't hurt to try at this point.

I used to make candles all the time and I've used this to clean up wax spills. It works great on carpet but I've never tried it on fabric.

Hope that helps some!

-AJ

TheLoneWolf
02-02-2003, 01:36 AM
HOLY CRAP!
It just hit me!
Con costume contest rules are:
"Your costume.....must reflect...some aspect of the Japanese culture,but Magna Carte is KOREAN!! 0.0;;

No matter how good I make it,I'll probably never be able to win anything on it! :'(

Kabuki
02-02-2003, 03:26 AM
its strongly influenced enough by japanese pop culture that I'm pretty sure they'd let it fly....I'm more than sure that what the intent of that rule was to keep out stuff BLATANTLY unrelated to anime/games/manga/etc.....like star wars, american music artists, etc....(stuff that would fly better at a scifi con)

TheLoneWolf
02-02-2003, 10:29 AM
*phew*
Thanks!
*resumes costume making!*

o0Beramode0o
02-12-2003, 02:43 PM
OMG you cosplay as christain O_O i'm going to cosplay as Joan for AX and Calintz as well =D i'm trying to make a WoG and MC cosplay group for AX ^_^ would you like to join?plus i got some cool pic of Calintz costume and all if you wish i could e-mail you some of the pics front and back but i'm having some problems with the dragon pic O_o can't tell how it goes T.T some one help me =(

PretearWink
02-13-2003, 06:24 AM
Your going as Joan to AX? I'M going as Joan to AX! And I have Kusanagi as Christian and Khamrhyn as Demian! Go check the AX forum, I have a thread there inviting a group to get together! :angel:

o0Beramode0o
02-13-2003, 03:18 PM
cool i have a Beramode costume XD do you have a beramode?

TheLoneWolf
02-20-2003, 12:26 PM
*squeep* 0.0
I....just found out that Beramode is a guy.........that was sure a shock!

o0Beramode0o
02-20-2003, 04:43 PM
omg lOl!!! its okies i thought beramode was a girl too

TheLoneWolf
02-20-2003, 05:30 PM
*nods*
Certainly is an example of taking "pretty boy" to the extreme,eh?

TheLoneWolf
02-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Right,a couple of questions.For Calintz's flap,is it a normal flap,or does it have slits in it like coat-tails?
Also,if I want to buy or make this,that am I looking for?