PDA

View Full Version : Calling All British Columbia Cosplayers

Syaoran fan
02-01-2003, 01:56 AM
I am looking for ANYONE that is interested in forming a cosplay group. I am a nut about Anime, but have never actually cosplayed before. I do know a few things about it though.

BTW, I really am trying to fundraise my way to Sakura con. So, if there is anyone out there planning to go, even if you don't have the required funds, please msg me! We NEED to talk!

:argue:

Lafiel
02-01-2003, 05:11 AM
Damn! if Only I stilled lived in BC :(
When I was there no one really knew about anime, and I had no idea about conventions.

Tough to get anime in a small town.
Good luck fundraising!

Syaoran fan
02-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks. I think the only anime you can find here is like in import shops. That's just not enough.

Lafiel
02-02-2003, 02:04 AM
Wai wai!

Which area do you live in?
I used to live on vancouver island in a little town called Port Hardy (very top of Vancouver).

When I would go down to Vancouver only anime store around was a place called Anime Jyani (burnaby) and there was Golden something which sold movies which was right down town.

I hear there is so many more now!
Ack.. sorry I"m so chatty :\
I can't even help you with you initial question :(

Kioko
02-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Oi Syaoran fan,

Finding anime in BC is hard but you don’t have to import all of it.^^ You just need to know where to look. Check out FutureShop *got the box set for Evangelion there and all her cowboy bebops* , A&B Sound is good to, HVM and the Virgin Mega Store (that place is beautiful… I nearly cried when I saw the selection) . You can also order them into the store to and I don’t believe that it cost any extra you just have to know which anime you want and order it in. ^^

And about this Cosplay group… I know me and my friend would not mind joining… As for Sakura-con... I'm saving my money for AX... ^^

ducky_feet
03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Oooh, a cosplayer from BC! I'm part of a cosplay group there known as the VCA (Vancouver Cosplay Association). Whereabouts in BC are you? A bunch of my friends (not me though, I'm heading out to Anime North) are making the trip to Sakura-Con this year!

Syaoran fan
03-04-2003, 10:19 PM
I'm in Langley. I'd love to go to Sakura con, but I will never have that kind of money. I can afford the ticket, but not a hotel room.

ducky_feet
03-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Come visit my friend's message board and maybe they'll be able to suggest some ways for you to find a way down there. :D

http://nine3k1.ods.org/forum/

Syaoran fan
03-06-2003, 06:34 PM
thnkz ducky_feet!

Syaoran fan
03-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Help Ducky_feet! I cant find my way around that place, I got lost sooo quickly! can you give me an area to search under or something! I'm pathetic aren't I?

ducky_feet
03-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Try checking under the Sakuracon 2003 thread in the 'Vancouver Cosplay Association' area. It's a little past half way down the main page of the forum. Or try using this link if you still get lost: Sakuracon 2003 (http://nine3k1.ods.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=8e1aa3f1334eb3f6a485a606f4ebcd28) Hope that helps! ^___^

asmodeus
10-01-2003, 02:33 PM
heya, i live in maple ridge... and i would not mind meeting...

but 1 problem... im kinda young

Syaoran fan
10-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey, age is NO problem! :D The only thing that might be a problem is transportation. Me, I'm 16, so I'm able to drive places (with an adult with me ;_; ) So, that's your main concern. For younger people all we would have to do for skits and stuff is to either find some roles where the characters are younger/shorter, or just ignore it all and pretend were all the same age! Thats not hard for me!

tennyoaisu
10-04-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm interested, but I'm a no-go for Sakura-Con. Saving the money for Anime North.

Syaoran fan
10-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I'd love to go to Anime North. But thats a bit out of my range. So, I'm settling with Sakura-con and Anime Evolution!

asmodeus
10-04-2003, 10:25 PM
yah ive figured out what im going as

- magus (crono trigger)
- inu yasha (inu yasha)

Akabane Kuroudo
07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
FINALLY! BC cosplayers! I live in burnaby and i wanna get together with people and cosplay in a mall just for the fun of it. T_T; but its so hard to find people...Is anyone going to the anime evolurion at SFU i believe?

Kirin-Riki
07-12-2004, 11:29 AM
i WAS going to go, but i have summer camp until the 21st.

darkenedxstar
07-13-2004, 03:31 PM
You are looking for BC cosplayers ne?? I am from BC too. ^0^ So happy to see more BC cosplayers on cosplay.com now. Now... only if there were more BC J-rockers. TT_______________TT

Carsis
05-18-2007, 01:01 AM
hmmm.... and to think that the idea of moving to BC wasnt a bad one...
maybe I should stay in the greater toronto area then even though I thought I would be moving into a better area for the anime industry >.<

Usachan
05-18-2007, 11:19 AM
True, but if you ask me at least take a trip out to British Columbia and see
if you can adjust or if living in BC is something you want to get more out of.

Plus, I agree with you about the whole anime industry(Ocean Stuidos) has
great voice actors like Scott Mcneil and Cathy Wesluck who give some great
advice on voice acting. The choice is yours in the end, if you are interested
to know about anime conventions like Anime Evolution...contact me about it.

This thread is so old that I wish I had seen it earliar and posted, since I
live in BC. Oh well. But I will say this...Ontario is luckier cause there are
MORE anime/sci-fi conventions out there, at least to what I have seen/heard.

icewater
05-19-2007, 09:23 PM
You know? If I still lived in the lower mainland I'd come - but I'm going to A-Kon for one last year and doing my Haku cosplay.

I'm from the Kootenay region. Booyah.