PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean Ex

Pivan_Nightide
02-01-2003, 07:21 AM
To all those who know the Star Ocean: The Second Story game or Star Ocean Ex anime. We HAD a group, but now everyone has bailed last minute. We are left to having Earnest, Ashton and Opera. To all those who are interested. Please join us. We would like to refil our ranks.

Emeralda
02-01-2003, 10:12 AM
If you want me, I have a Rena. Since I have a feeling I'm not going to get all my new costumes done in time. What day were you planning on doing this?

Must remember to bring spirit gum this time, so I can wear my elfie ears.

Yui
02-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Ack! Curse you! You know I can't turn down my Dias (well maybe -you- don't....hehe...sorry, you're new ^_-*)

I have too many costumes already, but I'll bring him anyway. We must decide on a meeting ahead of time, tho. I really have to get my costume swapping schedule mapped out.

Unbelievable how this keeps happening. I have to start doing even more obscure cosplays so I don't keep getting suckered into groups. O_o

Pivan_Nightide
02-01-2003, 01:31 PM
Well this is much better. We were planning for Saturday cause that is the day of cosplay. We HAD a skit planned and even registered for the damned thing. So if you even want into that, arrangements can be made. Thanks guys.

Nietsche
02-01-2003, 02:04 PM
need a Claude? I don't really go for skits but a group would be excellent! ^_^
I already have that costume..all I need is the perfect blonde wig!

Eurobeat King
02-01-2003, 02:26 PM
You can borrow my King wig if you need it, Dez. ;) It's not a problem. I'm not cosplaying King at Katsu, nor will I bring it to lend it to someone again, even though I could if Celine or Sara want to wear it again. heehee :D

Yui
02-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Eek. I don't really do the skit thing either. (you'd have to get me drunk or something first, and that'd be hard to accomplish as I don't drink O_o) But, yes, just a hall group would be great for me, too.

Yea ^_^ our infamous Claude's coming, too. We'll have to protect you from fanboys better this time when they get so...um, enthusiastic.
Wow, Dez in a wig....that'll be so different. O_o

Emeralda
02-01-2003, 08:32 PM
As long as its Saturday after the Tactics group I'm all yours! Tehehe.

Dunno about a skit though. Been a long time since I've actually performed. n_n;;;

Lilli
02-01-2003, 08:43 PM
"OMG! Claude is The Shit, man!!"

hehee ^-~ Poor Dez, victimized by American colloquialisms....

Nietsche
02-01-2003, 10:05 PM
That was the single most bizarre moment in my cosplay living....being approached by an Star Ocean gaming fan and having my costume being called 'the shit' (which i assume is a good thing in current youth slang)

Yui
02-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Wai...he came running up from -nowhere-...I thought he was going to attack you at first ^o^* It was just a stunning, furious show of support. Cosplaying has some intense episodes.

Claude T.S. Kenni....hehe

Celine
02-03-2003, 03:51 PM
I miiiiiiight bring Celine (Saturday would be good, since I could use something on Sat that isn't crossplay ^^). It's my backup costume right now, and it's missing a few pieces. And Dez, I have a wonderful blonde wig you can borrow if you want. ^_^ It's more blonde and less yellow than Al's, depending on exactly what you want.

Rosiel
02-03-2003, 04:05 PM
> You know I can't turn down my Dias (well maybe -you- don't....hehe...sorry, you're new ^_-*)

If you bring Dias to Katsucon I have to hunt you down for a picture! I love that costume!

Which means I need to check this thread to see when the gathering will happen. *___*

Yui
02-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
>
If you bring Dias to Katsucon I have to hunt you down for a picture! I love that costume!

Which means I need to check this thread to see when the gathering will happen. *___*

Ack...now I'm all self-conscious ::runs to go check on condition of costume parts:: Um, well I love all your cosplays, so I get to take a picture of you, then. Fair trade. :p
Oh yeah, and I've upgraded to 6" standard platform boots, so people won't have to stoop so painfully anymore to be somewhat within accurate height proportions. ;) (gotta stop picking the ridiculously tall guys to cosplay as...well, nah....)

For a gathering time, Friday might work out, but I have to see if I actually have any j-rock group obligations going on. Right now, I probably would nominate Saturday afternoon since I'm going to most likely be in Dias anyway then (for the 'black-list oustide-con' photo shoot....Dias is the only cosplay I'm bringing that has a leathal prop ^_-) So it could be anytime during or after that. (3 pm onward) Or Sunday even works because Dias doesn't take me much prep time. You know, mostly it matters when Suikoden is meeting - that's really the only really big group I'm in and that doesn't have a time picked out yet.

Kurenai
02-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh I'm so happy! ::tears of joy:: the group is growing! Wai! Wai!

Yui
02-06-2003, 04:10 PM
All right. I'll be in Dias from 4 pm onward on Saturday for sure - if you guys want a Saturday meeting. Up 'til then, I'll probably be in Suikoden mode. I don't mind staying in Dias for the rest of the night, provided: 1- I can keep my sword in the halls w/o incident & 2- I don't have to sit down at the masquerade (because the shoulders stick out too much ^_-) Otherwise, I'll have to change and probably won't feel like changing -back- again that night.

But if anyone wants Friday, I'm open as long as it isn't during the concert, or Sunday, I'm completely open.

Celine
02-06-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm missing half the stuff from this costume and my cape is squished and in terrible need of ironing. When is this group meeting..? Does anyone care if my costume sucks? ^^;

Yui
02-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Only bring it if you promised not to get stressed out over it all. ^_-
Ironing should be no problem, right? And what are you missing? (Is it lost or just damaged?) I'm pretty helpful with last-minute costume reconstruction....I still have the reoccuring nightmare of trying to hot glue boas to wire while a giant dancing gundam is falling on top of my head... >_< but I managed to work under those conditions and still finish in time ^_^

Emeralda
02-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Celine: couldn't be any worse than my ghetto-ass Rena. I hate the wig I bought for it.. and I dont have time to get a new one now. I could try washing it and using glue to style it, since I likely wont use it for anything else. And I'll have to make a crescent for my hair, since the original was too heavy, and the makeshift one is MIA.

Yui
02-06-2003, 08:45 PM
::looking at Dias parts:: Hmm...we're all ghetto! What's our deal? Not like we didn't have a year or something to upgrade our costumes here >_o* Blah, we're going to all get ejected from the group now. At least Ouma rocks. ^_-

(How did I get this part on before? Did my head get bigger...?)

Nietsche
02-06-2003, 09:24 PM
My costume seems to be intact..which is a rare event...normally falls apart the moment I get home....light gun photoshoot somewhere perhaps?

Lilli
02-06-2003, 09:58 PM
^-^\/ Hehee, Nietsche an Yui-chan, help an old lady remember to bring her camera along, and I'll come take photos of the Super Duper Happy Fun Sparkly Star Ocean EX group :3

._. uwaa. Hehee, part of me is sad I never finished Precis. The other part realizes I'm about 2 feet too tall, and 10 years too old ._.

Yui
02-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Well, Mr. Dark-haired Claude, that's why you're the leader, I guess.

We're sparkley stars, huh? Actually, this will be a pretty large group, it's turning out. (And I'm about 2 feet too short, but that didn't stop me. Hehe.)

Oh well, I'm purging the ghetto-ness as best I can right now. And thank the gods I just found Dias's pants....the alternative would be awkward O_O*

Celine
02-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Lilli
The other part realizes I'm about 2 feet too tall, and 10 years too old ._.

What? Being too tall and seriously too old is supposed to stop you from doing characters? XD It's become somewhat normal that I'm about twice the age of the characters I cosplay. Hehe!

Emeralda- my Rena wig was terrible, too. It's light blue and too short. I was happy with the crescent, though- we just used yellow foam hot glued to a barette. GHETTO!

I'm missing face paint/jewelry for the design on my forehead. My white stockings are disgustingly run and full of holes (I guess they are covered by the boots, but still. The gloves are stained. The cape is bent horribly and the gold paint has chipped off. The fabric of the cape is what needs ironing, and I don't know how well that will work. I guess I'll give it a try.

Of course, I'm insane and I might try throwing together the EX costume tomorrow. I'm really bored.

Lilli
02-06-2003, 11:31 PM
._. if not a cute idea for an omake... :3

Emeralda
02-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Celine
What? Being too tall and seriously too old is supposed to stop you from doing characters? XD It's become somewhat normal that I'm about twice the age of the characters I cosplay. Hehe!

Emeralda- my Rena wig was terrible, too. It's light blue and too short. I was happy with the crescent, though- we just used yellow foam hot glued to a barette. GHETTO!

ehehe... I'm far too old to most characters myself n_n;;

And yeah, that's what my Crescent was too.. foamie glued to a barette. Hopefully its with the rest of the costume, I honestly haven't looked though. Too busy with Coronet and the Chemist right now. Nerf

Lilli
02-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Hehee!! It dosn't stop me all the time, Celine!!

._. Just that Precis-chan is soooo kawaii!! XD Hehee, I'd do her an injustice, no matter how good of a job I did on her costume.

When I get time... I'd like very much to make an Opera Vectra costume. Of course now since I got my hair cut I'll hafta wear a wig, but I don't feel as bad cosplaying Opera, as I do uber kawaii Precis :3

Celine
02-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Opera is soooo sexy... I want her cute little dress. Bwahaa! But I never could come up with something good for her third eye. ^^

neoangelwink
02-07-2003, 01:38 AM
liam dont for get me , silly im still in it , chostor costume is 85% done ^^. how u been? are still going kat i thought u could not go becouse of stuff. that great u are going. seeya there.

Yui
02-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Okay, if you guys wanna do the meet on Saturday, I'd suggest 5:30...unless anybody's in the masquerade and doesn't wanna cut it too close (the line-up for that starts at 6)...otherwise, we can have the official SO2 meet-up -after- the masquerade, whenever that is. Or Sunday. Not like we don't cosplay on Sunday ^_^*

Edit: I wasn't being coherant. I don't even think I was typing in english. O_o

Emeralda
02-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Saturday is good for me. Any time after say... 3 or 4. No masqurade plans for me, so later is good as well. Sunday is no good though, since I'm the gunea pig for Mo's kimono panel. How do I get myself into these things?

neoangelwink
02-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Okay, if you guys wanna do the meet on Saturday, I'd suggest 5:30...unless anybody's in the masquerade and doesn't wanna cut it too close (the line-up for that starts at 6)...otherwise, we can have the official SO2 meet-up -after- the masquerade, whenever that is. Or Sunday. Not like we don't cosplay on Sunday ^_^*

that is cuting it close for cosplay, im beeing noter anime chatcher for cosplay. but i alway do quick chang.

Lilli
02-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Hehe! Waaai Celine :3 Sekushii, ne? LOL

And I've got some fabric that will be just about perfect for it, I figure. Well ._. Patience, Lilli! Patience :3

Ah, I figured I'd just grow a third eye XD It shouldn't be too hard, right?? *starts running around through radioactive waste*
Nah. Hmmm. I'm sure I could figure something out :3

neoangelwink
02-10-2003, 04:11 PM
hehe so all meating be for the cosplay? it look like itor does any have diffent idea?

Yui
02-10-2003, 10:05 PM
well, maybe I'll just put down 5:30 Saturday on the list for an official "if ya want pictures" I have a feeling most of the Star Ocean people are going to be vaguely in the same area around that time anyway.
I think I'm over-organizing. O_o I barely have energy left to actually feel like cosplaying at all. Eep.

neoangelwink
02-10-2003, 11:35 PM
u are doing a good job ^_^

Pivan_Nightide
02-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Well i would like to thank all Star Ocean Cosplayers that showed up. In my travels of the con i found that the only character missing was the Noel (who needs him anyways). Dang in retrospect, I should have been a better boy and organized better. I really want to say thanks to Claude aka Nietsche Yui, and her whole room for letting me hang with them. you guys r0x0rs d4 b0x0rs!

jamuko
02-19-2003, 07:45 PM
Oh, hello, Ernest! ^^;; It's me, the Leon person... thanks for being so nice at the con and everything. We missed a minimal amount of .hack because of it! Nyu~! ^^

*Edit: Oh, I forgot to add... we had everyone except Noel? Did someone show up as Precis? And did you find one of the Bowmans that were supposedly there? ^^;;

Celine
02-19-2003, 08:00 PM
I saw Bowman on Friday evening. I didn't see anyone as Precis. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for the late afternoon picture, but my feet were absolutely killing me and that blasted ring had almost completely fallen off of the hat. ^^

Emeralda
02-19-2003, 08:05 PM
That's okay. I couldn't stay long in Rena because my contacts and cheap wig were killing me. ;_; So much for bringing my spirit gum, couldn't get the bottle open, so no cute elfie ears for me. Sorry everyone if I was a little spacy at that time. I tend to get antsy when I want to claw my eyes out.

jamuko
02-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Oh, you saw Bowman, Celine? Did you get a picture, by any chace? ^^ Also, someone in our group was supposed to be Precis, but they couldn't make it. >.< Too bad. It was a guy, too... it was going to be pretty funny. XD

Celine
02-20-2003, 12:15 AM
No, I'm sorry, I didn't! ^^ I don't think I had my camera with me then, for some reason. I wasn't a very good photographer at this con...

jamuko
02-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Aw, that's okay. ^^ Neither was I, considering I didn't even have a camera... o.O... but my friend took a lot of pictures. I did feel kind of stupid, though, when I asked a few people if they were Bowman and they had no clue who that was... ^^;;

Fiestykitty6969
02-21-2003, 04:01 PM
My Brother was bowman ^___^

Yui
02-21-2003, 10:02 PM
ack, I failed the whole picture taking thing as well. I pretty much failed even getting all of you in the same place at the same time. This is why Dias is not the leader.

Um, we may try this again at Otakon? Altho, if I can't transport Ouma this time &/or if security's gonna be idiotic there as well, you're getting a BlueSphere Dias instead, just cuz EX Dias just seems so incomplete swordless X_x

Emeralda
02-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Yui: I'm game. Plenty of time to fix Rena, GET A NEW WIG.. ugh.. and find spirit gum that doesn't think its funny and not open.

neoangelwink
02-22-2003, 12:39 AM
think u for having me ^_^ it was great meet u all. think liam for having me. it was nice seeing u again.alway happy to help out. so if u need me. just give the word. it was wounderful meeting u all u all look great. dont worry liam u did your best.

jamuko
02-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I'm going to try to go to Otakon, but it looks like it's going to conflict with a bunch of other stuff I'm doing... >.< but if I can make it, I can be Leon again. ^^

Fiestykitty: Do you happen to have a pic of your brother as Bowman? ^^;; Because other than him, we have pics of every SO2 person who was there. (Except for the other Bowmans there may have been... ^^;; )

ki kuru kitty
02-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Oh Liam, you did a great group of costume for Star Ocean. I'm sorry I couldn't come as your neko, but I had no idea if you were really coming or not. I also wanted to know if your still interest in making that Vash The Stampede coat. I found red pleather that might work out. You still have my 2 action figures and Manga I believe. I miss you and Gabe, hope you guys are ok up there.