PDA

View Full Version : Awa 12

cold kittn
09-28-2005, 02:39 PM
The dates are up on the website. It's Sept. 22-24, 2006. Man these guys waste no time when it comes to planning.

I will be attending all thanks to a promise I made to a friend...lol. Traveling for cons is going to be fun.

GTZim
09-28-2005, 04:08 PM
I already bought my AWA XII tix this past weekend. Gives me a whole year to plan this time...and maybe not wait until the last minute once more >.<

alucarD_The_Sta
09-28-2005, 04:18 PM
mmmm, after the way it went this year, i may just be skipping it and goin to Japanfest all weekend, but who knows, its a year away and plans usually change lol...

Atasha
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I better start planning now if we want to go again before anything else comes up! O_o My mom, my aunt and I had a lot of fun this year so I don't think it wouldn't be a problem to stay at my aunt's again. ^_^
Time to go bug my mom! xD

hyperperson
09-28-2005, 05:22 PM
I will definately be going again. ^-^ Next year I'm planning on an original design for the cosplay contest and hopefully another Mana cosplay.

scandia
09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I will definitely attend next year.

My co-worker told me that Dragon*Con is also awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to attend both of them.

Cy_
09-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I'll try and make it ^^;

Venus Knight
09-28-2005, 11:39 PM
The dates are up on the website. It's Sept. 22-24, 2006. Man these guys waste no time when it comes to planning.
Wow, no they certainly don't. I will definatly be going back next year. :bigtu:

SasukeX2o
09-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Hell yeah i'll be going!! ~.^

cold kittn
09-29-2005, 12:14 AM
This is going to be fun....at least gives me a reason to get out of jersey for a weekend and see what else is out there.

I definetly look foward to see ya'll there.

Nightmare
09-29-2005, 01:27 PM
As with my good friend Cy up there, I'll try to make it. I'm going to be enlisting after this semester, and it all depends on what phase I'm in in Tech school.

Kate-chan
09-29-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna try to come back next year, but this time I'm definitely gonna pre-reg and get my cosplay done so next year I'll be in COSTUME instead of just in casual wear! :bigtu:

peperoth
09-30-2005, 12:27 AM
i will also be coming the following year, too fun! It'll be a blast as always!

xwillowelfx
09-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Heck Yah! We are deffinitely going next year. We started planning our group cosplay while we were still at AWA 11. HA! Procrastinators we are not!

Bur Loire
09-30-2005, 10:41 PM
OMG! AWA 11 was AWESOME! SO I can't wait for AWA 12!

I plan to cosplay as Klaha (Garnet PV outfit) <3

DarkKefka
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
You see my Avatar?? I WILL be this guy at AWA12!!!! So if there are any Leons, Adas, Weskers, or ANY RE4 characters there..WATCH OUT!!!!

Well I changed it....it was a Dr. Salavador avator, but now it's Kefka.

livvylove
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm going next year for sure. I am hoping to find a group to pre register with to save a few bucks.

Ciarathallya
10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll try and make it ^^;
I fyou don't you'll suffer my wrath :thumbsup:

NeoKenshin
10-06-2005, 10:04 PM
after AWA this year, there's NO WAY i'm gonna miss going next year! Maybe then I'll even have a cosplay to show off. and hey Cia-chan, if ya need another roomie and travel buddy next year, I'll drive again! It was lots of fun!

kirisutorules2
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I can't decide who I want to be!! but I am saving up major money, just in case I decide on a real exspensive costume to make! But this will be my first time going! so I can't wait!! http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/animerules2_/th005ba77d.gif Yay! I can't wait! *looks like winry*

R-chan
12-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Ah I can't wait either. Already bought my ticket at the con. That means they'll send it to me, right? ^^;; I'm getting hyped for momo too

Muse
12-24-2005, 02:11 AM
I'll be going to AWA 12 (and dragging everyone I know along with me)! This year was my first time going to it and I had so much fun. I wouldn't miss it for the world. :3

Still haven't figured out who I'm going to cosplay as though. n_n;

Atasha
12-24-2005, 09:29 AM
I would like to come next year too but that depends if I can stay at my aunt and uncle's again. ^^;

Chibi Julia
12-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to go ^-^ I've been going to AWA since 2002, and every year seems to get better. I have no idea what cosplays I'll be doing though...

phantomthief
12-26-2005, 12:15 PM
I also can't wait! I've been going since AWA9 and it keeps getting better :)

This year I'm cosplaying Sohryu (Yami no Matsuei) and an improved Miniskirt Mustang.

Floating around in the air I have Dark Mousy (DNAngel), Shuichi: Shining Collection (Gravitation OAV), Bridget (Guilty Gear XX), or Testament (Guilty Gear XX)

~Ari-chan

Chibi Julia
12-26-2005, 01:07 PM
So far for my cosplay list for 2006 seems to be nothing but crossplay. I plan on doing Ritsuka from Loveless, then Yuki from Fruits Basket along with Hatushara. Either Yuki or Hatushara will be debuted at Jacon I dont know which one I want for AWA... Then my friends and I do Harry Potter cosplays for random photoshoots, I'm always Malfoy. The only girl character Im doing is once again Nanami ah...crap I forgot who else is on my list to be lol. All I know is that I gotta get used to being strapped down and go bug my boyfriend for some yaoi moments for the camera >=) He was my movie version Touga in our Utena group, everyone was saying incest it was great. 'wiggles' I cant wait for AWA 12 to come around already

UrMastrInuYasha
12-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Though, i've never been to an expo, But hopefully this year will be diffrrent, Because I will be saving my money up, And asking my father if he willtake me up to atlanta, Which we don't live that far from.. hope to see some of you there~! ^^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
12-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I missed 11, but i am def. trying to go to 12. BUT, planning will have to wait. I have Animazement in May and i am currently trying to get that done. Also Dragon*Con and possibly some cons in Virginia. hm...to think about it, Animazement is the last con of the year (unless Anime USA becomes a possibility) I think a bunch of us are doing a Capcom vs. SNK group so I will probably be doing Felicia for AWA. Other then that...I have no clue ^_^

Chibi Julia
12-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I've been wanting to go to Dragon con, but its so close to AWA I cant afford to take too much time off that month. I have Jacon in April, I would like to go to A.F.O as well, but kinda tight on money. AWA is always a must though, for me anyways ^.^;;

ichi
12-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll be there. <3 Probably rewearing Robin Sena, Yakushi Kabuto, and a third costume which I'm not sure of.

Chibi Julia
01-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Cool ^_^

TheWickedOne
01-11-2006, 05:23 AM
I've never been to AWA, but I'm seriously considering going this year. I've brought Squall to Dragon*Con and will be again this year. In addition I'm putting together a Sephiroth... lotsa work. If I go though, I'm going to want an actual anime costume. i was thinking Vash, or a State Alchemist, maybe even something from Ghost in the Shell.

Give me some feedback. I'm 6'4", skinny, blond hair and blue eyes... if there's an anime that I may not have heard of, and I can build a costume for someone's group, then let me know and I'll do some homework!

Keep me posted!

Chibi Julia
01-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Dude, you would make a good Vash!

TheWickedOne
01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Dude, you would make a good Vash!
i think so too, i'll be tacking on some serious costuming time to make the jacket. on the upside it'll give me a reason to borrow the box-set from my friend again...

TechieCL
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Not sure what I'm debuting, but I will definately be there.

Miss Vash
01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I can't wait! I've got a secret costume that I can't wait to debut. Just look for the 8 or 9 ft tall..... something or other (can't give away too many hints). ^_^ I'll also probably have a ton of people walking around me at all times because, even though I'll have oodles of experience on my stilts by that time, it's still scawwy.

I'm also planning two Pretear costumes (Light & Fire) and I'm going to revive my Paine costume too.

Mizuido
01-15-2006, 10:04 PM
*raises hand* Most certainly going.

Tensaihime
01-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Last year's AWA was awesome, my first convention ever. I saw Four Swords*Links and the infamous SEELE speakerboxes. Lots of fun there. I live about 30 minutes away, so I'm definitely going back. XD With luck, I'll get to go to MomoCon too.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-17-2006, 02:16 PM
i missed last year...family vaction intervened...

Ciarathallya
01-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Please come and protect me from the DOLLS. Somehow I narrowly missed them last year >_>

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
oh course i will protect you!!!! those dolls won't have their way THIS year with me around!

scandia
01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
OMG minna! I dreamed of AWA last night. Specifically I dreamed that I went there without cosplaying. That I was just wearing a generic EGL blouse and skirt. And that it was just no fun going there without dressing up as a specific character I like. My first year I did not really cosplay- just wore my dirndl on Saturday and total civvies on Friday and Sunday- and I still had fun, so I do not know why did I have this dream. Maybe it is a sign that I should not ditch cosplay yet.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-18-2006, 11:33 AM
scandia: i hate those dreams where it's two days before the con and you have all these scraps of fabric that were SUPPOSED to be this great costume. *sigh* Don't ditch. I was thinking of ditching earlier this week...decided not too. Being at a con without costume is fun, but being in one makes a heckuvalot funner! lol!

Chibi Julia
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I love cosplaying. I didn't dress in cosplay the last day of the con, and it didnt feel the same. I usually dress everyday of conventions. So I agree that going to cons is alot more fun when your in cosplay ^.^

Venus Knight
01-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Which hotel would you say is the best? I stayed at the Sheraton last year and it worked out pretty good. I had my own fridge & microwave to make store food and the price wasn't to bad.($99/night). Is there anything better about staying at the mariott?(besides being closer.) I think I am leaning that way anyway because I may be able to get the two nights with mariott reward points.

Chibi Julia
01-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I was stuck at the Cumberland for the last two yrs. I wanted to build up my Marriot rewards lol. We were supposed to stay at the Rennaisance last yr, but my group would decide not on what day to leave until it was too late. The Sheraton looked nice though. I had some friends who stayed over there and the rooms are so cute! ^-^;; But anywho, I've already made my reservations for the Rennaisance, but without the discount lol. I didnt want a repeat of last year.

livvylove
01-23-2006, 10:33 AM
I stayed at the Waverly and enjoyed it. The room was nice but I haven't stayed at the other ones so I have no idea what to compair it too. But it was nice to stay in the main hotel except for on Sunday it was hell trying to check out.

Ciarathallya
01-23-2006, 11:03 AM
I've stayed at both hotels and both are nice. Here's the positives for both.

Waverly
At the Con hotel (no walking involved)
room service

Sheraton
free breakfast
fridge/microwave
two room suites (pocket doors seperate living and sleeping area)
big bathroom
room service

If you are not cosplaying then I'd say stay at the Sheraton. If you have high heels, plan lots of costume changes, a bulky costume, lazy in general, then stay at the Waverly.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-23-2006, 11:39 AM
i'll probably stay at the Sheraton just because i am a sheraton fangirl! ^_^ {and Mariott...just my fav hotel chains...}

livvylove
01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
i'll probably stay at the Sheraton just because i am a sheraton fangirl! ^_^ {and Mariott...just my fav hotel chains...}The Waverly is part of the Marriott hotel chain.

Anywho I need to start planning my Kingdom Hearts cosplay. I just love the characters my BF and I choose this year. :bigtu:

Francesca
01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
I'll be going again this year! I've never cosplayed before but I definatly wanna do something this year ^____^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-23-2006, 10:41 PM
livvy: is it really? didn't know that...don't travel that much anymore so i don't get to stay in hotels much! still think i'll pick the Sheraton...

Tensaihime
01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm considering the Waverly 'cause I'm lazy, but my dad and I don't plan to actually register for the con or the hotel until mid-May (it's got to do with calculus). Does anybody know how quickly it gets booked up?

Miss Vash
01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
They're already out of triple/quad rooms & they're quickly running out of single/doubles.

Last year they were out of rooms by March. >_< If you really can't reserve a room until May (it doesn't cost anything to just reserve one, btw) you could always hope that someone calls & cancels their reservation & you call at just the right time to snatch it up.

Tensaihime
01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
They're already out of triple/quad rooms & they're quickly running out of single/doubles.

Last year they were out of rooms by March. >_< If you really can't reserve a room until May (it doesn't cost anything to just reserve one, btw) you could always hope that someone calls & cancels their reservation & you call at just the right time to snatch it up.

I guess that'll work. Thanks!

Miss Vash
01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
^_^ No problem!

Oh, and LOVE your sig, btw. :D

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
yeah, i may just reserve my room somewhere. i can ALWAYS cancel. (<--is prone to cancel...so be prepared to take my room. LOL)

AngeDeMusique
02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I was in Waverly and LOVED it. We stayed in a decently big room, and I saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants for the first time on Friday night. My only complaints would be the noise level. But hey, it's a con, so I guess I just got used to it.

livvylove
02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Right now i am talking with my father to see what hotel my boyfriend and I are staying at. It's eaither the sheraton or the waverly. I hope the waverly because I rather just walk up stairs to go to my room. we want to see which one will offer better discounts.

Shinji_Ikari_01
02-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah... My club has a suite reserved at the Waverly already, and I'm mailing off the group registration tomorrow. I stayed at the Wingate Inn last year though. It's only 89 bucks a night, has free breakfast, a coffeemaker, fridge, and an ironingboard/iron...Oh, and free shuttle service to and from the Waverly. Great deal, but I've got something big up my sleeve for cosplay this year, so we're at the Waverly this year... I hope the elevators don't break this year, or I'll be schlepping myself up to the 13th floor!! ^_^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Wingate Inn? *writes that down* I am all about cheap hotels! I don't like spending over $100 just to have a roof over my head (does that sound....i dunno...horrible and cheap? lol) Actually, I just don't spend over 100 because i am basically asking my parents for the money to AWA. The only cons i pay for by myself are those during the summer...when i am not at school and have a job....