PDA

View Full Version : Fav Genesis games

KaineMaxwell
02-01-2003, 10:47 AM
What's some of everyone's favorite Sega Genesis games?

Iridal
02-01-2003, 12:04 PM
Personally, I loved playing the Phantasy Star games, especially PS4. The storylines were intriguing, the battle system was fun, and I really spent hours playing it enjoying myself. :)

Celine
02-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah, Phantasy Star 4 is my favorite Genesis game. Shining Force 2 is also awesome. I wasn't extremely attached to any others, as the only ones left in my collection are those two. ^_^

Lil Dreamer
02-03-2003, 06:11 PM
Herzog Zwei, ESWAT, Revenge of Shinobi, the Thunderforce series, Phantasy Star 2&4, Shining Force 2, Sonic Games

Nipple. :)

Viral Harvest
02-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Poltergeist, Gunstar Heroes (Blow $#!^ up!) , Altered Beast (childhood nightmares!) , and of course Phantasy Star 2 :D

Viral Out.

ChibiMoFo
02-04-2003, 01:07 AM
PS2&4, Strider, Herzog zwei (can never find it >_<), Mutant League Football, Revenge of Shinobi, Sonics, Target Earth, Golden Axes, X-men, Flashback

Lil Dreamer
02-04-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ChibiMoFo
PS2&4, Strider, Herzog zwei (can never find it >_<), Mutant League Football, Revenge of Shinobi, Sonics, Target Earth, Golden Axes, X-men, Flashback

**waves Herzog Zwei Genesis cart in ChibiMoFo's face** mwahahahahahaha!!!

nails
02-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Revenge of Shinobi hands down :)

liz-maru
02-04-2003, 10:09 AM
toe jam and earl2 was it back in tha day i really likes alisa dragoon and streets of rage! ^^ yahoo!

Rosiel
02-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Phantasy Star IV all the way... followed by Shining Force 1 & 2.
I'm a RPG girl. ^__^

psythe
02-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Phantasy Star III
Sword of Vermillion

Ranma Saotome
02-04-2003, 10:50 AM
I own all of you in Columns. 'Nuff said! ^-^

ChibiMoFo
02-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Lil Dreamer
**waves Herzog Zwei Genesis cart in ChibiMoFo's face** mwahahahahahaha!!!

Ack! I got the rom now : *steals yours anyways*

final testament
02-05-2003, 05:48 AM
OOHHH YEAH!! Time to bring out my old "Treasure ltd" games!

-Treasure Games-
Alien Soldier
Gunstar Heroes(one of the best 2 player shooters ever made)
Contra hard corps (In association with Konami)

-other companies-
Sonic 3/ Sonic and Knuckles
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Dracula X
Gaiares
Last battle
Rocket Knight Aventures
Rockman(megaman) World
Sword of Vermillion
Populous
Alex Kidd series
Aladdin
Revenge of Shinobi
Streets of Rage 2
Vectorman
Strider

-sports-
Tecmo Super Bowl
Joe Montana Sports Talk Football
Madden 94-95
Sega World Series Baseball
Virtua Racer
NBA Jam
WWF wrestlemania
Super Monaco GP
Lakers V.S Celtics

-of all time-
Herzog Zwei (finally found an original copy) GET THIS AT LEAST ON R.O.M...Awsome!

"As stated above" Gunstar Heroes (This is by far one of the greatest shooters of all time. 2 players is fun as hell!!)

Gain Ground (this is an awsome game but, never spawned a sequel for some reason?)

Phantasy Star 2 and 3 (If you missed em, get a GBA or wait for the PS2 remakes)

Thunder force 3 (another one of the greatest shooters ever made and, IT'S NOT and "Treasure" game. WHOA!)

Flashback: quest for Identity (This game was too advanced for it's time! Actually had in-game cinemas)

Sonic CD: (Though technically a Sega CD game. It was also "technically" run off the Genesis) One of the MOST influental games of our time...It was on a CD for Christ's sake!! And the SOUNDTRACK...WHOOOOO!!!!

I can't think of anymore. Laters!

final testament
02-05-2003, 05:49 AM
-Shameless plug for, 3 GODLIKE games.- (off system)

If you have an import Sega Saturn and have about $200 to spare. Go on ebay and track down a copy of what is now considered "THE" greatest shooter of all time! Radiant Silvergun!
From the second you pop it in, you'll see what I'm talking about!! NON-stop action from start to finsh, I shit you not!

Or

Play it's "unofficial" sequel Ikaruga on Gamecube when it comes out in a few months. Believe me...Ikaruga is probably right up there with Radiant. That game (Ikaruga) is one of the most bullshit DIFFICULT games I've ever played in my life but, WELL WORTH THE PAIN! Both are "Treasure Ltd" games.
-------------------------------------------
Oh and what is considered one of the GREATEST RPG's of all time as well. (And for once, it's NOT a FF game!) "Panzer Dragoon Saga" for the Saturn. Trust me when I say that not since Final Fantasy 6 has there been a game of this calibur. This is truly a masterpiece and hall of fame worthy. Too bad it's so underrated like Skies of Arcadia on DC/GC.

Michi
02-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Missed this thread. Wow.

Um.

PHANTASY STAR IV.

The end.

Nah, I also loved.. ToeJam & Earl 2: Panic on Funkotron.. XD um.. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & 3.. er, yeah. Those were my top games when I owned one. ^_^ Now that I have emulation power, I like a lot more, but meh. Those still reign as my favorites.

Ranma Saotome
02-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by final testament

Herzog Zwei (finally found an original copy) GET THIS AT LEAST ON R.O.M...Awsome!

Thunder force 3 (another one of the greatest shooters ever made and, IT'S NOT and "Treasure" game. WHOA!)

Sonic CD: (Though technically a Sega CD game. It was also "technically" run off the Genesis) One of the MOST influental games of our time...It was on a CD for Christ's sake!! And the SOUNDTRACK...WHOOOOO!!!!

Oh yes... Before there was C&C, you had Herzog Zwei. Played it, great game. I actually liked Thunder Force 2 better.... I think that was on Genesis. Two or Three I played rocked me.

Sonic CD... Badass, 'nuff said.

Arc_The_Lad
02-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Shining Force 2
Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles
Splatterhouse 2
Contra - Hard Corps
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage 2, 3
Kid Chameleon
Taz - Mania
Cool Spot

final testament
02-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Oh yes... Before there was C&C, you had Herzog Zwei. Played it, great game. I actually liked Thunder Force 2 better.... I think that was on Genesis. Two or Three I played rocked me.

Sonic CD... Badass, 'nuff said.

Muahahahhahah!! My brother in arms!!!

final testament
02-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Michi
Missed this thread. Wow.

Um.

PHANTASY STAR IV.

The end.

Nah, I also loved.. ToeJam & Earl 2: Panic on Funkotron..

Toejam and earl 2!! I remember that game!! I remember getting all of Lamont's favorite stuff. That game was awsome.

Phantasy Star 4: End of the Millenium. In the process of playing that actually.

Ranma Saotome
02-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Phantasy Star 4: End of the Millenium. In the process of playing that actually.

Question... What the fuck was SEGA thinking, releasing that game for about $100?!?! I'm sorry, no RPG is worth THAT much money when it came out.

final testament
02-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Question... What the fuck was SEGA thinking, releasing that game for about $100?!?! I'm sorry, no RPG is worth THAT much money when it came out.

Just dawned on me* You're right! I remember that! That was total bullshit! I remember that was the reason I never played it till just now. I got it on emulator and it didn't cost me a thing. TAKE THAT SEGA! muahahahahah.

Ranma Saotome
02-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Indeed. That wasn't the only game that was about 100 bucks. Virtua Racing for the Genesis.

How do I know this? I worked in a video rental store. :D

Rey-Rey
02-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Joe Montana Sports Talk Football.

First and ten. Back to pass. Puts it up. Interception! I-can't-be-lieve-it!

Lil Dreamer
02-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Muahahahhahah!! My brother in arms!!!

does that mean he'll lose 13-9 just like u???

orochiyamazaki
02-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Phantasy Star IV was a relatively limited release on a 24Mbit cart with 16k of battery backed RAM. Back then, that was an EXPENSIVE recipe for a game for Sega, when they were cutting back on cart development (praying Sega CD would take off, and plotting Saturn's birth).

BTW, I lucked out and got it used for $34. Dummy who was selling it was going by a Funcoland price list, but mistook it for Final Fantasy 3.

Anyhoo... My short list: ANYTHING PRODUCED BY TREASURE, Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi 3, Mega Turrican, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Gaires, Target Earth (Assault Suits Leynoss), Herzog Zwei, El Viento, and the ThunderForce series.

Maaannnn... Now I wanna play Shinobi 3 again. Ah well, work can wait. Must destroy Zeed!

Ranma Saotome
02-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Valis gams simply owns... Nuff said! :D

psythe
02-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Sword of Vermillion

F.T. U R Awesome!! I am usually the only one that mentions that one :bigtu:

No one EVER mentions Sword of Vermillion. That was a dark game, with music that at the time was just killer. Pretty original battle system too :D

/plug for SoV over.

Oshi
02-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Best. Sonic. Game. Yet.

Arc_The_Lad
02-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Best. Sonic. Game. Yet.

Damn straight. I played through it at least 5 times with each character getting all the emeralds and finishing with 99 lives. I WAS that good. Now I suck at it.

Rey-Rey
02-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Damn it!! That little girl in Sword Of Vermilion became a hideous monster!! *flails hands*

Woof. >=D

shakeystephens
02-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force, Shining Force 2, Urban Strike and Flashback.

Tombor
02-18-2003, 12:11 AM
I use to have a massive collection of Genesis games. Focused on pre-red label (89-91ish) games. Liked a lot of shooters

Gaiares, Trouble Shooter, Granada X, MUSHA, Aerobusters, Arcus Odyessy, Marveland, and Powerball all jump to mind... Trouble Shooter is particularly good. Its a Dirty-Pair-esque shooter that has you controlling to girls that have to save an arab prince. Or something. Its a really good shooter. Powerball maybe my favorite. Its a good Japanese-ified Speedball knock-off.