PDA

View Full Version : [UPDATE] Dark Hollow's Eve Dance -Nov. 19-

Pages : [1] 2

Allin
10-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello, everyone.

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN OUR DANCE! I announce that the music request for the dance is now closed. There will be NO on-site request, so please keep it in mind not to bring your own CD to the dance.

Volunteers! Make sure you show up right on time at 6PM.

November 19th, it's only a week away! o_O OMG I'm nervous.

A few decoration to bring forth the 'Summerly theme' is completed thanks to decicated staff and volunteers. Thank you and you know who you are . >=3

Following are the important Information.

INFORMATION
Purpose: Gathering of Anime Community to celebrate our common interest in a form of Cosplay dance party. It is a non-profit event, thus all proceeds will be donated to Canadian Cancer Society [more information about this organization at www.cancer.ca].

Date: Saturday, November 19, 2005
Time: 7pm ~ 12pm
Door and ticket booth will be open at 6:30pm. The doors wil be closed when the maximum capacity of 150[dance floor]/200[including lounge] is reached.
Cost: Tickets are $10 and will be sold at the door. $8 if you show your current year's student card.
Location: 2 Sussex Ave. Innis College [Innis Town Hall], University of Toronto
(when you mapquest.com this address, 2 Sussex Drive might show up instead of 2 Sussex Ave. Make sure you check that and donít end up at the other end of the city!)

Direction:
- By TTC: Get to St. George station Norht-South bound plaform [either of main subway line will take you there]. When you exit, follow the sign that leads to ĎMedical Science Buildingí by the bigger Designated Waiting Area. Youíll go up the stairs and step on to St. George Street.
Once you are on the road, turn left and walk straight down, pass Bloor and the shoe museum, until you see Innis College to your right. You wonít miss it.

{If you do come out the wrong way, you'll be on Bedford Rd. Walk South till you are on Bloor, turn right[face west] till you see St. George, then turn left}

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/allinaspire2/INNIS.jpg

- By Car: Main intersection is Queenís Park and Bloor West. You are basically coming down to University of Toronto, St. George campus. At Bloor W and St. George intersection, you turn south, and Innis College will show up on your right. Itís right across from Innis Residence and next to Robarts Library.
I donít recommend coming by car because itís downtown [high gas price, hard to get to, hard to park, expensive when you do, and danger of getting towedÖetc.] So if you are coming from far, I recommend parking your car at one of the Park and Ride sites near a station, and ride TTC down to St. George.

COSTUME
The main item of the night, costume.
Show us your craft skills and your images that suit our favourite anime characters!
Wear it, come and enjoy the night.

P.S.: Due to the lack of space matter, please do not bring large props. If your prop is a doll in your hand, Katana at your side or something like that, itís ok. But nothing as big as, Sorceress Edeaís back decoration. We donít want couple dozen of people getting poked in the eye or smacked at the back of their head.

MUSIC
Mostly famous danceable anime music and main stream J-pop/J-rock will be played.
And we do accept requests.
But how we choose music from that is that we will select the songs that are most requested. If more than 6 people want to hear the song, it will be played. We donít know when the specific song will be played, though. It will depend on the flow of the music and the mood of the night. If the song was requested by less than 6 people, weíll consider about playing it, if there is enough time left in the night.
Please keep in mind that the song must be danceable. By Ďdanceableí it means, it has to have rhythm and beat that one can move to. [ex. Uverworld Ė Danceable, For Fruits Basket Ė Not Danceable]
Donít forget to tell us:

Name of the song
Name of the artist/ which anime it is from

Request is closedas of Nov.12th. Please do not bring your own CDs to the dance, for all music will be selected from pre-request [no on-site requests]. And we donít want you to lose/damage your favorite CDs during the dance.

REFRESHMENTS
Drinks: various types of pop, iced tea, and water [$1 each]
Due to the fact that we are borrowing school property and have minors attending the dance, there will be no alcoholic beverages. Please, do not bring any on your own either.
If we find it, youíll be asked to leave the dance.
Snacks: various types of chips, chocolate barsÖetc. [$1 each]
Iím sorry but there will only be snacks, not *food* food. So I suggest you all to have some good dinner before you come, or thereís Pizza Pizza down the street on Bloor. Sorry about that. >.<

PRIZES
We have some prizes to give away throughout the night.
[Sponsored by Kikiwai. Thank you, Terence!]
[Sponsored by Boxed Rice Production. Thank you, Johnny!]

There are various categories throughout the night that we'll give away the prizes for. I won't reveal the category until the dance, for the fun of surprise!
Anticipate. >=3

VOLUNTEERS
Volunteer members are now all accepted, and confirmation is completed.
If you [of chosen member] hadn't already sent a confirmation reply, please do ASAP to ckhalloweendance@gmail.com

Since it is a non-profit organization fundraising for Cancer Society, you will be able to receive Volunteer hours. Plus, weíll give you volunteer discounts at $6.

Coat Check is free btw >=3

RESPECT TO THE FACILITY
University of Toronto and Eyan from Innis College were kind enough to lend us the location at reasonable rate for our purpose. Keep in mind that we are borrowing a place in school and show your respect to the facilities. By respect I mean:
- Do not vandalize/damage/break anything in the building
- Use the facilities in their original state. Do not move things around unless one of the staff has seen it fit to move.
- Keep washrooms and lounges clean.
- No smoking in or close proximity of the building.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- Put your garbage in the garbage can. Donít mix up garbage and recycles.
- There are chairs around the dance floor. And there are fold-in-desks attached to them. Do not damage them in any way. Do not jump from one row of chairs to another, and do not step on the desks when they are open. This is a classroom and a theater, and a dance hall for our purposes; it is NOT a playground.
- Do not run in the hallways at unreasonable speed that you and others might get injured or find them in an emergency situation
- We are not responsible of the damage youíve done to yourself or your friends by ignoring the above factors.

- There will be regulations on in-out of the building previlages. If you are older guests, feel free to walk out for fresh air or smoke. Just remember to have your proof of payment with you. If you are younger guests, please do not wander too far away from the building unless you are going home. Our security will keep an eye on you just to make sure you don't get into any trouble or danger.

And we do have a coat check system going. But whether we have coat check or not, make sure you donít bring any of your valuable items, things like PSP or MD/MP3 players. If you do, keep them with you at all times. Weíll try to keep an eye on things, but we are of limited number. So we [B]cannot be responsible of any stolen/lost items during the dance.

STAFF
Organizer: Catherine [Allin]
Co-Organizer: Kristin [Kaido Kaoru]
Secretary: Jun [Uzumaki83]
External Affairs: Adrienne [Jiyoon]
Art Director: Steffa [TheWestWind]
Advertising: Kikiwai Location: Venus [Scarlet]
Cheif of Security: Chris [Jo Canadian]
DJ Sabre

If you have more questions, please contact us at
ckhalloweendance@gmail.com.

= Catherine [Allin] & Kristin [Kaido Kaoru] =

Kaijugal
10-02-2005, 12:41 PM
No more prize for best costume just because somebody whinned?
@_@

As I've said a million times, it's subjective, and it's always a crapshoot. It's your show, you should feel free to pick the costume you like best. That's how the cookie crumbles. End of story.

Anyhow luck with your dance.

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Unnie... maybe we should add in something about in and out privileges. I don't think we should allow people to leave and come back into the building as they please. This way, I think we can manage the risk of any damages further.

Also.... We should put in that we do have Emergency First Aid and CPR certified people who will be in attendance. Just in case.

P.S. Bwahahah I'm finally doing 'planning' XD Since that's what program I'm in... even though I'm supposed to be planning cities >.>

Otaking97
10-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Unnie... maybe we should add in something about in and out privileges. I don't think we should allow people to leave and come back into the building as they please. This way, I think we can manage the risk of any damages further.

Also.... We should put in that we do have Emergency First Aid and CPR certified people who will be in attendance. Just in case.

P.S. Bwahahah I'm finally doing 'planning' XD Since that's what program I'm in... even though I'm supposed to be planning cities >.>

I would recommend watching this leaving privilage. If there is no smoking some people who smoke will have to leave and come back some times. A few times through the night at least.

"No smoking in or outside the building." Do you mean the doors? Or like outside 100 meters away on the street? I'm a little confused. Since some of my friends are smokers I really don't want to bring them down if they can't smoke. Do you know what kind of issue that would create.

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I would recommend watching this leaving privilage. If there is no smoking some people who smoke will have to leave and come back some times. A few times through the night at least.

I guess... but still, it's hard to keep watch over it, as we can't always see what people are doing and stuff. As well, there are going to be quite a few minors at this dance.

Otaking97
10-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I guess... but still, it's hard to keep watch over it, as we can't always see what people are doing and stuff. As well, there are going to be quite a few minors at this dance.

I hear where your coming from. Keeping trouble to a minimum is good. But what your basically telling me is that you don't trust us. (Anyone attending) I mean sure when I was 15 I wouldn't trust myself. But now that I'm 26 the fact that your basically not trusting me or my friends to leave for a smoke break and come back is rather distressing. I'll keep an eye on things to see how it goes else I'll have to count us out unfortuntately.

It's a sad day when people can not trust another. Especially in the anime/cosplay community. I know of a few issues over the years where people got out of hand. But that is equal to about 3 incidents. That past nearly 10 years of cons over 3 to 5 cons a year is pretty good. So I think it's safe that people are not going to cause trouble. Especially if there is around 100 people and you have up to 10 security/chaperones.

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I hear where your coming from. Keeping trouble to a minimum is good. But what your basically telling me is that you don't trust us. (Anyone attending) I mean sure when I was 15 I wouldn't trust myself. But now that I'm 26 the fact that your basically not trusting me or my friends to leave for a smoke break and come back is rather distressing. I'll keep an eye on things to see how it goes else I'll have to count us out unfortuntately.

It's a sad day when people can not trust another. Especially in the anime/cosplay community. I know of a few issues over the years where people got out of hand. But that is equal to about 3 incidents. That past nearly 10 years of cons over 3 to 5 cons a year is pretty good. So I think it's safe that people are not going to cause trouble. Especially if there is around 100 people and you have up to 10 security/chaperones.

I'm not telling anyone I don't trust them.

If that's what you infer from what I'm saying, that's totally not what I had in mind at all.

I'm just saying that it's hard for us to manage people coming in and out because we don't have so many volunteers who would be willing to keep an eye out on the smokers. I know a lot of people have problems with smoke, so they wouldn't be very inclined to help keep an eye out on people who are smoking. If you want to do that, then I don't think there's a problem.

But then again, this isn't my dance. I'm not the organizer. I'm just making suggestions. They're not necessarily going to be implemented.

By all means, if your friends need to smoke, they're allowed to from what I know. Innis College doesn't have any regulations as to how far you're supposed to smoke from the building.

Otaking97
10-02-2005, 05:29 PM
No problem! :jjacks:

It just started to kinda feel that way. As mentioned I don't mind helping out. And if helping out in my case means security for my smoking friends I don't mind. Hehe!

As a plus it appears that the amount of people coming may be more than at first thought. Just might hit the 200 mark.

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 05:30 PM
No problem! :jjacks:

It just started to kinda feel that way. As mentioned I don't mind helping out. And if helping out in my case means security for my smoking friends I don't mind. Hehe!

As a plus it appears that the amount of people coming may be more than at first thought. Just might hit the 200 mark.

I'm sorry if you felt that way, not my intention at all!

I just want everyone to have a great time. I've heard some of the music, and I love it! I just hope everyone will too ^-^

I'm super happy that quite a few people have shown interest in this dance. I really am all for the donating to the Canadian Cancer Society from experience. I'm still going to pay the full $10 for the dance because I want more money to go to the Cancer Society!

Lady_Sodina
10-02-2005, 06:39 PM
I just want to express a word of thanks to those who are organizing this right now, I think you're doing an awesome job at such the last minute. Once I can confirm I'm free that night, I should be able to offer myself up for help if you need it through the night for pretty much anything!! I'm really happy that the profits are going to the Cancer Society, I'll probably end up paying the full 10$ myself anyways too even though if I'm not volunteering, I'll definately be in costume *^^* I can't wait!

TheWestWind
10-02-2005, 07:52 PM
ahahaha... I'm the *flyer designer*, lolz! I have a job, as much as it sounds like a funny job title, it has a ring to it, lol! Now to do the flyer again... More fun flyer work to do!

You guys are doing an amazing job planning everything so quickly! You should plan stuff more often, lol!

LoneWanderer
10-02-2005, 08:26 PM

Kaido Kaoru
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Wow....

Out of the city for one bleeping day and theres so much to catch up on (just got home from Ottawa)

I will deal with Everyones responses:

Otaking97~ About the NO SMOKING policy....This is a college...students smoke....we were MORE addressing the fact of drug abbuse....at the last dance I attended I spotted/smelled a group smoking weed...THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! BUT... if its a REGULAR cigarette...Just walk right across the street and puff till your hearts content!! ^,^ And we trust you...but ONCE you leave the building your are not our responsiblity...

Jiyoon~ I know enough of CPR...I don't know it all...but if anyone were to choke I'd be the one to get!!! Trust me! OH! and I have a first Aid certificate!!!

*hits head* YES OF COURSE THERE ARE IN/OUT PRIVILEDGES!!!
We've had that rule since DAY ONE...but we've been focusing on EVERYTHING else!! I think we just forgot to add it in!!! ^__________^;;;;;
But thats what 2 outta the 4 gaurds are for...to check the stamp that we'll put on your hand if you've paid or not!!
SORRY!!! *Cath and Kristin are BOTH absent minded!!!*

scarlet
10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Wow, I am happy to see that the dance is so organized!! Thank you guys~ (lollol, I so didn't do anything to deserve a staff position ^^;)

akindo
10-02-2005, 09:43 PM
o wow~~ i cant wait O.O
awesome planning Allin~~~

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
*flails around* I don't deserve any position either ;A;

Anyway... I'm glad most things are sorted out. I am also first aid and CPR trained *preens* XD lol jk

hahaha

Also... Am I supposed to do some volunteer work as well o.O. As well... with the volunteers, should we give them a breakdown of the hours before the dance? Or at the dance?

Allin
10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Also... Am I supposed to do some volunteer work as well o.O. As well... with the volunteers, should we give them a breakdown of the hours before the dance? Or at the dance?

As a staff, Adri, you'd be helping the things I feel that I need to personally take care of, but can't be at two places at the same time. Same applies to Jun.

As for other volunteers, I plan to give them an organized list and instruction at least 10 days before the dance. It will be sent to them via forwarded e-mails, rather than posting it on the forum.

I need to get the security procedure figured out first.
Then everything else will branch off from there.

Thanks for bringing it up, Adri.

- Cath [Allin]

jiyoon
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
no problem Unnie, just here to be the eternal mother hen XD. *huggles you*

Kawaii Akina
10-03-2005, 12:09 AM
wee~ everything is going out so well so far (hopefully) and i totally can't wait for the dance either ^^;;

Dilandau
10-03-2005, 12:31 PM
yay, it will be so fun, i really admire all of you, giving an arm and a leg just to get the dance going, you guys(girls) really out did your selves. I could only wish to be so dedicated -_-;.

*military solute*, I solute you for such hard work.

LoneWanderer
10-03-2005, 06:18 PM

TheWestWind
10-03-2005, 08:02 PM
haha.. good question becasue I know the dance ends at 12 and I dunno when the subway stops working, but I think most of the volunteers take the subway, lolz! That means the more volunteers, the faster the clean up, the less time it takes, and that means we can get on the subway in time! Yay!

jiyoon
10-03-2005, 08:05 PM
haha.. good question becasue I know the dance ends at 12 and I dunno when the subway stops working, but I think most of the volunteers take the subway, lolz! That means the more volunteers, the faster the clean up, the less time it takes, and that means we can get on the subway in time! Yay!

The subway system finishes at 1:30 am.

Seed-chan
10-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Random mix and match of thrift store clothing, pure Goth style, and random original characters with plushies/wings, will not be considered a costume, therefore, no discount will be given.

Mostly Anime realated BUT if you show up in an Mouth-dropping halloween costume then yes...the discount WILL apply....but if you slap on a cape and paint your face white and "claim" to be a vampire...you MIGHT get a dollar off...lol
I'm sorry, but I find this rule/exception ridiculous.

1) You're depriving individuals with simple costumes of their right to the discount. Sometimes it's not their fault that they don't have the skills/money/time to make a costume that is to YOUR standards.

2) You're discriminating against non-anime costumes. Frankly, there are more non-anime costumes that require more effort than anime costumes that aren't ghetto.

3) The "ghetto" vs. "non-ghetto" is a very subjective issue. What do you count as "non-ghetto/plainclothes/cheap"? I could have a plainclothes cosplay that I made everythign from scratch (i.e. generic goth/ghetto vampire) while my friend could wear something she commissioned (therefore could be considered commercially purchased). I could also have an oriinal character who i made from scratch. There are also those anime characters with very simple clothes, i.e Daisuke from DNAngel in his school uniform. HIs uniform is incredibly easy (most of it could be bought in a thrift store), but his hair requires a styled wig. What would that count as?

I think either you give the discount to anyone in costume, or just not have the discount at all. Or maybe make it a food drive or something, and give the discount to anyone who donates a can or something.

Kawaii Akina
10-03-2005, 08:59 PM
The subway system finishes at 1:30 am.

i hope i can get to the subway in time to get back home ^^;;

Kaido Kaoru
10-04-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm sorry, but I find this rule/exception ridiculous.

1) You're depriving individuals with simple costumes of their right to the discount. Sometimes it's not their fault that they don't have the skills/money/time to make a costume that is to YOUR standards.

2) You're discriminating against non-anime costumes. Frankly, there are more non-anime costumes that require more effort than anime costumes that aren't ghetto.

3) The "ghetto" vs. "non-ghetto" is a very subjective issue. What do you count as "non-ghetto/plainclothes/cheap"? I could have a plainclothes cosplay that I made everythign from scratch (i.e. generic goth/ghetto vampire) while my friend could wear something she commissioned (therefore could be considered commercially purchased). I could also have an oriinal character who i made from scratch. There are also those anime characters with very simple clothes, i.e Daisuke from DNAngel in his school uniform. HIs uniform is incredibly easy (most of it could be bought in a thrift store), but his hair requires a styled wig. What would that count as?

I think either you give the discount to anyone in costume, or just not have the discount at all. Or maybe make it a food drive or something, and give the discount to anyone who donates a can or something.

...............whoa......calm down please!!! O___o

1) Now....mine and Catherine's standards are quite low for the costume idea of this whole thing...I mean if we offended you then I guess we apologize..

2) We are NOT discriminating...quite frankly I think thats a little un-called for!And I think your wording is a little harsh, don't you think?
We will now be taking off only $1 discount for Halloween costumes, since we are "discriminating" against others...this is an anime cosplay event and those in cosplay will get $2. Thankyou for helping us settle that out Seed-chan..

3) we CAN tell apart the workmanship and halfassed costume whether it be halloween or anime *sighs* I think we'll be able to tell the difference between cosplay and a cheap dracula....but since this poses a problem to you as well...we apologize but this is not the idea we wanted to "place" in peoples minds that we are trying to hold anything against anyone!

Believe it or not, we're TRYING to please everyone! People were saying that $10 was too expensive...so we started the discount idea...
KEEP IN MIND! that all proceeds are going to people who maybe can't dance or even enjoy the kind of night that we will be having! People die almost everyday from cancer and we're just trying to make a difference there.
$10 to us was nothing to make a differnce in someones life that has this disease...we only started the idea of a discount for everyone else!

Now...your idea for canned foods is not a bad idea...but its hard enough getting in contact with ONE chairity to donate. Having two and trying to organize this dance between the 2 of us would be hell!

Now please we are REALLY trying or best here...Between both our Full time jobs and our lifes...this is causing us quite the amount of stress, we only were trying to provide a fun nite for everyone. Once again we apologize if this dance is offending others.

We apologize if we've insulted you in anyway Seed-chan...
thankyou for bringing your opinions to us, and they have been taken into consideration.

Sincerly,
Catherine and Kristin

Kaido Kaoru
10-04-2005, 12:51 AM
yay, it will be so fun, i really admire all of you, giving an arm and a leg just to get the dance going, you guys(girls) really out did your selves. I could only wish to be so dedicated -_-;.

*military solute*, I solute you for such hard work.

Thankyou so much...

We are really trying VERY hard...
I mean we had a location in the matter of 4 days...and also volunteers, dj, and everything to pretty much make this all possible for everyone!!

Me and Catherine will be at the Ticket Booth from 6-till whenever, but we will be leaving so we can go and enjoy ourselves too since the stress is REALLY getting to us at the minute!!! We are REALLY REALLY comming to appreicate what AN does! (not that we didn't already!! ^^but its even MORE so now!!!)

But we'll look forward to meeting you!!! I've been reading your posts and you've been of wonderful support!! Just tell us your Dilandau! And I'llglomp you! Would be too bad being glomped by Raito from Death Note is it?! :thumbsup:

But Music starts at 7pm so make sure your in there to boogy!!!

*glomp*
~*~kristin~*~

IWantYouItachi
10-04-2005, 02:00 PM
I just want to confirm for the sake of my sanity, and for the sanity of my friends who rely on me for cosplay info (boy its stressful sometimes with them breathing down my back. :P ) But

This is offical, right? I've heard a lot of rumors and all. This WILL be the date and place? Or is there still a chance for change?

Allin
10-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I just want to confirm for the sake of my sanity, and for the sanity of my friends who rely on me for cosplay info (boy its stressful sometimes with them breathing down my back. :P ) But

This is offical, right? I've heard a lot of rumors and all. This WILL be the date and place? Or is there still a chance for change?

I'm so sorry, the date has just changed 3 hours after you posted your thing.
The date is now FINALIZED to Novermber the 19th, that's Saturday.

The first post has been corrected according to the change as well.

If this pose a problem in people's schedule due to school/exams and such,
we can change the dance to be Christmas/ New Year's Dance.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO TELL US IF YOU'LL BE COMING OR NOT. IT WILL HELP US DETERMINE THE DATE TO EITHER STAY IN NOV. 19 OR MAKE IT MUCH LATER. PLEASE POST A REPLY HERE AND LET US KNOW.

No point holding the party if no one can make it. T_T

- Cath [allin]

IWantYouItachi
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
The only problem I see this posing is that is the same day at the Science centre trip AND the cosplay dinner. I'm sure those things could be changed to go around this, but I just figured I'd mention it as a conflict.

Meifu
10-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I can make it ^^ But, I would just like to thank you so much for putting so much effort and time into this dance! ^__^ I know that it is hard planning things x_x; And to me, planning a dance is mission impossible... so ya, thank you!
Oh, I took bronze medallion and cross, so I am a certified CPR person ^^ But, hopefull no one chokes on a chip or anything... o.O But, I have about 10-15 friends coming along with me, so add about.. err... 12.5 ppl to the poll ^^

Kawaii Akina
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
hmm ... november the 19th now. i have to see about that if i have anything to do and all too early for me to decide now but as of for now i'm a "maybe" that's for sure. just curious .. what happened to november the 5th?

Meifu
10-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I think it was changed cause of exams...

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 05:35 PM
innis college was booked by another person on Nov 5th...

Unnie, you know I'll be there ^.~

Lady_Sodina
10-04-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm still up for it, I can just guarantee now that my Quidditch robes will be done *^^* Meaning I'm bringing that for a costume now (maybe I'll coat check the cloak ;) Nah, prolly not, lolz). Just gotta double check again rides and stuff, and I might be able to volunteer.

white-cross
10-04-2005, 06:32 PM
*peaks in* jiyoon-san...i'll see if i can get permission to go (i already have an excuse ready and my friend says she will cover for me...I'll tell you if my parents buy it or not >.>)...btw, just e-mail me if u need anymore ayu techno remixes XDDDDD. I got all of them now. I'll try to come down to ur Uni before November to visit and bring anymore music you want (and to bug i mean visit duck dan).

ALSO, IF (that is an if my parents buy the excuse and i get a day of freedom again) i'll help out...i'll just reuse the halloween costume i'm in the process of making and i prolly wont be doing much dancing so i'll help out ^___^. Hopefully i can come...I'm a maybe for now.

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 06:35 PM
*peaks in* jiyoon-san...i'll see if i can get permission to go (i already have an excuse ready and my friend says she will cover for me...I'll tell you if my parents buy it or not >.>)...btw, just e-mail me if u need anymore ayu techno remixes XDDDDD. I got all of them now. I'll try to come down to ur Uni before November to visit and bring anymore music you want (and to bug i mean visit duck dan).

ALSO, IF (that is an if my parents buy the excuse and i get a day of freedom again) i'll help out...i'll just reuse the halloween costume i'm in the process of making and i prolly wont be doing much dancing so i'll help out ^___^. Hopefully i can come...I'm a maybe for now.

wheeeeeee ~ tenten-san~ It'll be so great if you can come ^-^ You can stay in my rez again XD. I think Steph might stay in someone else's place now ._. She doesn't want to stay in such a small room -w-;;; hahaha~~

If you have anymore Ayu mixes, send it to me please! Steph knows how to edit songs so she can change some stuff around if necessary~~

*prays* I hope you can go Tenten-san!

white-cross
10-04-2005, 06:52 PM
wheeeeeee ~ tenten-san~ It'll be so great if you can come ^-^ You can stay in my rez again XD. I think Steph might stay in someone else's place now ._. She doesn't want to stay in such a small room -w-;;; hahaha~~

If you have anymore Ayu mixes, send it to me please! Steph knows how to edit songs so she can change some stuff around if necessary~~

*prays* I hope you can go Tenten-san!

I'll see if i can burn it to a bunch of cds then i'll bring them when i visit...2.5 gbs of just her music hurts to sort and zip and send. I'll save us the trouble XD

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I'll see if i can burn it to a bunch of cds then i'll bring them when i visit...2.5 gbs of just her music hurts to sort and zip and send. I'll save us the trouble XD

yay~! Thanks tenten-san~~ ^-^

Edgar Strife
10-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Hum...so its the 19 of Nov instead. I'll try to make it, hopefully I'll won't be busy on that day.

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 08:02 PM
*is done punching plushies* (got the idea from Allin-unnie)

I think...everyone... who decides to rain on our parade... needs a chill pill stuffed down their throats.

I've tried being all nice...I've tried clarifying things to those people... and they still have to be all up in my face.

T_T aigooooooooooo.

Mekou
10-04-2005, 08:05 PM
I just thought I'd remind people that the Science Center trip is also on the 19th and has been on that date for a week or two.

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 08:06 PM
I just thought I'd remind people that the Science Center trip is also on the 19th and has been on that date for a week or two.

IWantYouItachi also reminded us of this date.

Thanks anyway

Kohana
10-04-2005, 08:09 PM

Isn't the meet up during the day?....so there shouldnt be that much of a problem for those who wish to attend both...

Infini
10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
I understand the reasoning behind the costume discount, but I really have to agree with Seed-chan's post on the topic of giving a bigger discount to people with 'better' costumes, in that it might result in a few problems. >_>

I just think that if you give someone a large discount, and then the person paying after them is told a higher price for the same thing, you might end up with a bunch of irritated people. Irritated/offended people aren't fun to deal with at all (at least, I certainly don't like dealing with them), regardless of it's just a dollar or two they're annoyed about.

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 08:37 PM
I understand the reasoning behind the costume discount, but I really have to agree with Seed-chan's post on the topic of giving a bigger discount to people with 'better' costumes, in that it might result in a few problems. >_>

I just think that if you give someone a large discount, and then the person paying after them is told a higher price for the same thing, you might end up with a bunch of irritated people. Irritated/offended people aren't fun to deal with at all (at least, I certainly don't like dealing with them), regardless of it's just a dollar or two they're annoyed about.

I do hope you read Kaido Kaoru's post made in reply to Seed-chan's post. If you haven't, please do! Thanks.

Infini
10-04-2005, 09:05 PM
I do hope you read Kaido Kaoru's post made in reply to Seed-chan's post. If you haven't, please do! Thanks.

I have read it. o_o (Why would I comment on that topic without reading the posts relating to it?) I still think that two different discounts for the type of costume you have may cause some people to get frustrated, that's all. Unless no one attending cares about money, but that's just bizarre. I probably just didn't word my post correctly.

So, does this count for video game costumes too, or only is it only anime-style video game costumes? How about things like japanese movies (Battle Royale, Ringu) or gothic lolita? Just sort of wondering what exactly "anime cosplay" covers. >_> ... None of my current costumes are from any anime. They're all video game characters.

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I have read it. o_o (Why would I comment on that topic without reading the posts relating to it?) I still think that two different discounts for the type of costume you have may cause some people to get frustrated, that's all. Unless no one attending cares about money, but that's just bizarre. I probably just didn't word my post correctly.

So, does this count for video game costumes too, or only is it only anime-style video game costumes? How about things like japanese movies (Battle Royale, Ringu) or gothic lolita? Just sort of wondering what exactly "anime cosplay" covers. >_> ... none of my current costumes are from any anime. They're all video game characters.

I think video game cahracters and Japanese movies are included.. but I'm not too sure. I also don't know why the discount is such a big deal as well... the money's going towards the Canadian Cancer Society! @ _@

EDIT: But then again, it's not up to me how much people want to donate to the Cancer Society.

Infini
10-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I think video game cahracters and Japanese movies are included.. but I'm not too sure. I also don't know why the discount is such a big deal as well... the money's going towards the Canadian Cancer Society! @ _@

EDIT: But then again, it's not up to me how much people want to donate to the Cancer Society.

It isn't a big deal to me. I wasn't saying that I personally had problem with it. I only mentioned it because some people out there do have problems with being charged even a dollar more than someone else, but I guess even the suggestion that people might become irritated was silly. Sorry I even mentioned it, and forget I said anything. o_o

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 09:24 PM
It isn't a big deal to me. I wasn't saying that I personally had problem with it. I only mentioned it because some people out there do have problems with being charged even a dollar more than someone else, but I guess even the suggestion that people might become irritated was silly. Sorry I even mentioned it, and forget I said anything. o_o

No no no I don't think it's wrong at all to suggest something. There's always room for improvement for any con/dance/cosplay gettogether/ etc!

I'm glad you brought it up though =D thanks!

(I'm just filling in for a bit, I'm not the organizer! I'm just the plan advisor ^^; )

Amy the Yu
10-04-2005, 09:40 PM
We will now be taking off only $1 discount for Halloween costumes, since we are "discriminating" against others...this is an anime cosplay event and those in cosplay will get $2.Just wanted to clarify that "cosplay" is a contraption for "costume play" which meerly means you are dressing as an already existing character...this extends far beyond anime and videogames.

Bit of food for thought as to how you word you discount requirements. ^_~

I don't know if I'll be in attendance or not, but I'll be in TO for the OSC trip (I was one of the people who bitched Mekou into organizing another one cause I missed out last year). If my friends decide to come to the dance afterwards, I'll tag along.

If I do attend, I'll state now that I do have my Standard First Aid training as well as all my lifeguard training and 3 years on the job experience. I doubt there'll be anything that would really call for someone with any kind of first aid training though. I've only come across major incidences twice in the 8 years that I've had my first aid training. ^^;;

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to clarify that "cosplay" is a contraption for "costume play" which meerly means you are dressing as an already existing character...this extends far beyond anime and videogames.

contraption?? Isn't it contraction??? @ _@

But thanks for the tip. @ _@

If I do attend, I'll state now that I do have my Standard First Aid training as well as all my lifeguard training and 3 years on the job experience. I doubt there'll be anything that would really call for someone with any kind of first aid training though. I've only come across major incidences twice in the 8 years that I've had my first aid training. ^^;;
Hopefully we won't be requiring anything too serious life-saving wise. @ _@

Infini
10-04-2005, 09:49 PM
contraption?? Isn't it contraction??? @ _@

But thanks for the tip. @ _@

Hopefully we won't be requiring anything too serious life-saving wise. @ _@

It's always good to know who can do first aid though. Ambulances can take a while. >_<

I'm going to the science center gathering, so same as Amy. If everyone I know decides to head over to the dance afterwards I'll attend, as there's no point in me going if my friends are elsewhere.

(There's only one wrong letter in the word above. If we're going to start calling out spelling errors in forums, we're all doomed...cahracters should have been characters a few posts earlier, but this isn't really a spellcheck thread, is it?) XD

EDIT (because I don't want to make an entire new post for a little off-topic point like this):
Contraption
Contraction
It's just a one-letter typo. I'm an editor and I don't pick away at spelling on public forums, especially when I can tell what the person's intended word/point was anyway. People use non-existent words on here all the time, and that's a little worse than misspelling an existing word by one letter.

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 09:51 PM
It's always good to know who can do first aid though. Ambulances can take a while. >_<

I'm going to the science center gathering, so same as Amy. If everyone I know decides to head over to the dance afterwards I'll attend, as there's no point in me going if my friends are elsewhere.

(there's only one wrong letter in the word above. if we're going to start calling out spelling errors in forums, we're all doomed...cahracters should have been characters a few posts earlier, but this isn't really a spellcheck thread, is it?) XD

Contraption is an entirely different word from contraction @ _@. Contraption means it's some sort of mechanical gadget. @ _@

Seed-chan
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM

This really had little to do with the discount, more of the general concept that it is unfair the way you've decided to give the discount out. Most likely, this will end up a problem if you follow the same guidelines for your costume contest: who would win, a mediocrely made anime dance costume, or a very nice "other" costume?

I'd just like to have equality for everyone. Sue my activist self if you need to.

Besides, it was one of your staff who said that it was others who wanted the discount. I was always planning to go in an anime costume if I went.

Believe it or not, we're TRYING to please everyone! People were saying that $10 was too expensive...so we started the discount idea...
KEEP IN MIND! that all proceeds are going to people who maybe can't dance or even enjoy the kind of night that we will be having! People die almost everyday from cancer and we're just trying to make a difference there.
$10 to us was nothing to make a differnce in someones life that has this disease...we only started the idea of a discount for everyone else!

Kohana
10-04-2005, 09:58 PM
......so hey how about those Blue Jays???..... ummmm so anyway so the only thing that has changed up to now is that its the 19th?...just two questions.....are there more volunteers needed? and are requests still being taken?... so pple who are too lazy to post wanna know! ^_^

Allin
10-04-2005, 10:04 PM
are there more volunteers needed? and are requests still being taken?... so pple who are too lazy to post wanna know! ^_^

Thanks for asking, Kohana. Volunteers are still taken and I'll be posting ppl to the postions within this week/ next week.

and Yes requests will be taken until the week before the dance.

that's until Nov. 12th.

Just a reminder, it will be played on 'most requested' basis.
So please understand if not all of your requests get played.
We only have 5 hours you know >.<

- Cath [Allin]

Kohana
10-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks for asking, Kohana. Volunteers are still taken and I'll be posting ppl to the postions within this week/ next week.

and Yes requests will be taken until the week before the dance.

that's until Nov. 12th.

Just a reminder, it will be played on 'most requested' basis.
So please understand if not all of your requests get played.
We only have 5 hours you know >.<

- Cath [Allin]

Thanks for the info! I will pass it on! ^___^

fox.boy
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Huzzah a dance =D

Otaking97
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
......so hey how about those Blue Jays???..... ummmm so anyway so the only thing that has changed up to now is that its the 19th?...just two questions.....are there more volunteers needed? and are requests still being taken?... so pple who are too lazy to post wanna know! ^_^

Blue Jays suck! I hate you for bringing that up!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding. Sorry I couldn't resist. It's something to take the momentum off the arguring and I just had to turn it around into more for silly fun. Sorry.

Either way I really wanted to go but this date is dangerously close to ConNoBaka. Since I don't live in TO taking a trip down so close to eachother may be a bit hurting on my bankaccount with gas prices and all. But I'll see what I can do.

J Dances ROCK!!

jiyoon
10-04-2005, 10:27 PM
*cries* hopefully everything works out > _<
I hope everything goes smoothly from now on > _<

Kohana
10-04-2005, 10:29 PM
*cries* hopefully everything works out > _<
I hope everything goes smoothly from now on > _<

Chillax everything will be fine......

Otaking 97: I dont care Blue Jays pwn all! ....LOL... I kid, I kid....

Amy the Yu
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
J Dances ROCK!!They really do. =D

I don't dance, and most of the people I know who do insist that 90% of J-pop/j-rock are impossible to dance to for us, but I love listening to them super loud waiting for my heartbeat to reset to the tempo of the music. XD

Kaido Kaoru
10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
*POPS A VEIN*

*weak shaking smile trying to maintain a happy positive side*

Look! The discount has NOW BEEN REMOVED! Me and Catherine have decided that this is the ONLY way to make piece!!! Not only with everyone else but with ourselves as well!!

Its VERY difficult to put in a 9 hour day at work stressing over work and then come home every nite to many negative comments about our event! Or nor will I sit back and bare witness to my friends crying becuz of the stress of this event either! If you have any questions ask US! (myself/Catherine) I mean our email is everywhere in these posts...please do not scream and yell at my friends for answers they do not have.....

We ONLY put on a discount for YOU PEOPLE! But becuz this now upsets many we have removed it! Flat rate 10 bucks!! If this upsets you...We are sorry...We have washed our hands of this matter!

And People are not seeing the true matter of this event...true its to have fun but once again...its chairity for god's sakes!! Discounts at chairity events!?!?!
RRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! -_-

We've tried so hard for everyone but it seems like we're failing apparantly! If this rate and our event makes anyone unhappy in anyway...we apologize and you are welcome to still come....

We hope to see you there!!!
~~*~kristin and catherine~*~

Kaido Kaoru
10-04-2005, 10:36 PM

Even though I will be leaving earlier hen everyone else! I WILL be attending the Science Center outting as well!!

We were hoping that you guys wouldn't let it end at the Science center!! Perade on down to our dance! It'll be the icing to the wonderful cake the Mekou-Chan has baked!! YUMMI!! :p

Please hope you consider this!

~*~kristin~*~

Allin
10-05-2005, 12:13 AM
I know there's no way to please eveybody.

But we tried.

And we have tried so far to listen to everybody and integrate what they had to say about our dance, into our planning. But that only caused unrest, conflict, and stress upon myself, dear friends and staffs rather than receiving constructive comments to improve us.

I'm sorry if what we did, upset anybody. But I hope majority of you know that we were only trying to have fun as Anime Community by giving you people want you want. If this type of stress is all we get, we won't be considering doing this again next year. As Kristin have mentioned, I can now truly appreciate what AN is going through each year.

And I thank those who still support us and has shown interest to attend our dance, even after all that date shuffling.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll sure to learn from these mistakes, should we to do this again next year.

I know I have written a lot of things in my first post, but they are all relevant information and has been majorly edited. So, please, take your time to read the first post again.

Thank you again for all your support and we hope to see you there at our dance.

- Catherine [Allin]

Amy the Yu
10-05-2005, 12:24 AM
No one was ever screaming at you guys. Even if you don't feel it, you're getting 100% support from everyone here, even those who most likely won't make it to the dance.

The comments were constructive criticism. Many of the people here are experienced in running similar events (many of us have worked at large cosplay events and have taken charge of organizing smaller scale ones). We just want to help locate possible sources of trouble now to avoid trouble later.

Not everyone going to the dance will calmly discuss issues they have with the pricing. They'll just break down and start causing a scene.

Please don't take people's words in a negative manner. It's difficult to convey emotions in typed words and not everyone will use emoticons to show that they're trying to help and would like the dance to be a success.

Good luck with the event.

Allin
10-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Please don't take people's words in a negative manner. It's difficult to convey emotions in typed words and not everyone will use emoticons to show that they're trying to help and would like the dance to be a success.

Good luck with the event.

Yes, Amy. Thank you for your advices, and I thank everyone who advised us.
I appologize if I had mistaken other people's good intentions.

There will be more planning to go from here and we hope to get more advices to help us through.

Let's get this going and have fun at the dance, shall we?

- Catherine [Allin]

Kohana
10-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Yea, I agree with Amy its hard to convey emotion through typed words...like 80% of communication is body language (see I do learn something at school!)....I guess why pple invented emoticons...but they dont help much....-_-

About the dance... I'm looking foward to it now since its pushed back I have time to complete a new costume! Huzzah....
[Jiyoon: I conned the "Ice Queen" in to comming so she will be there crunchin and dancing XD.... and dont worry about the costume the pillows will be secured and then some!]

***Hurrah to the organizers!!!! (just b/c :D)***

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Yea, I agree with Amy its hard to convey emotion through typed words...like 80% of communication is body language (see I do learn something at school!)....I guess why pple invented emoticons...but they dont help much....-_-

About the dance... I'm looking foward to it now since its pushed back I have time to complete a new costume! Huzzah....
[Jiyoon: I conned the "Ice Queen" in to comming so she will be there crunchin and dancing XD.... and dont worry about the costume the pillows will be secured and then some!]

***Hurrah to the organizers!!!! (just b/c :D)***

BOOYEHHHH! XD We shall have fun again XD.

Thanks to everyone for their continual support. The organizers are working very hard on this, and I'm... trying XD.

As well... the tards who decided to call me up and scream at me have ceased. They've been... taken care of.

Allin
10-05-2005, 04:32 PM
As well... the tards who decided to call me up and scream at me have ceased. They've been... taken care of.

I do wonder 'how' you took care of them. >=3

Ahem. Anyways, thanks Adri for putting up with them.
What would I do without youuuuu... >.<

- Cath [Allin]

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I do wonder 'how' you took care of them. >=3

Ahem. Anyways, thanks Adri for putting up with them.
What would I do without youuuuu... >.<

- Cath [Allin]

Don't worry about it -w- They weren't even planning on going to the dance anyway. They just had to bug me -_-+

No problem~ ^-^ No problem~ I just have to talk to Lucia-wifey to let her know the date's changed.

Otaking97
10-05-2005, 04:47 PM
BOOYEHHHH! XD We shall have fun again XD.

Thanks to everyone for their continual support. The organizers are working very hard on this, and I'm... trying XD.

People actually called you to complain? How unusual. Can't say that's happened to me yet! Hopefully it never will.

Kawaii Akina
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
hmm .. now i don't know if i should do another costume then if the date a been pushed back? ^^;; wee~ can't wait!

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 04:50 PM
People actually called you to complain? How unusual. Can't say that's happened to me yet! Hopefully it never will.

Yeah... some people found my number through some other people and they called -_-+ I do hope it doesn't happen to anyone else either! @ _@

*goes back to working on assignments T_T*

LoneWanderer
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Now then. Is anyone willing to share what costume they're wearing to the dance?

Allin
10-05-2005, 05:13 PM

Hey, I thought your costume was a 'Secret'. >=3

I'll be going as Shiba Kuukaku from Bleach, the Hanabishi >.<

I hope I won't be as cold, since I'll be in doors, lol!

- Cath [Allin]

Kawaii Akina
10-05-2005, 05:33 PM
hmm i'll probably goes as L from Death Note or someone else don't know who though ^^;; mostly likely L though.

TheWestWind
10-05-2005, 05:42 PM
I plan on being Chuunin Sasuke with the jumpsuit and all... man, I bought what Fabricland calls 'halloween fabric' it's shiny and it doesn't look strong, but I cut a piece off and tested it with a knife, and I have to say, it doesn't die easily. And another grrr to the fact of trying to make the costume one piece... That's gonna be new and hard to do right...

Kawaii Akina
10-05-2005, 05:53 PM
hmm .. i might have changed my costume idea now. but hopefully i will have enough time to make it and have the money as well ^^

Mekou
10-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Not meaning to bring up a touchy subject, but I really think you should give the discount idea another try. =)

With the Science Center trip AND the Cosplay Dinner on the same day, a discount may encourage more people to come support the dance. Which in turn means more money for the charity.

Perhaps making it not a costume discount. Perhaps find another way for people to get a discount? Collecting canned good is quite simple. It extremely easy to find someplace that will accept them. =) And then maybe for every 5-10 items brought, a person gets a discount. So then you'd be helping out TWO causes. =D

It's just a thought. ^_^

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Hey, I thought your costume was a 'Secret'. >=3

I'll be going as Shiba Kuukaku from Bleach, the Hanabishi >.<

I hope I won't be as cold, since I'll be in doors, lol!

- Cath [Allin]

mine still is! puahhaha. I just asked if anyone was willing to share XD.

Allin
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Not meaning to bring up a touchy subject, but I really think you should give the discount idea another try. =)

Mmm. ok. Well i've just gotten in contact with Cancer Society Special Event's Director. I'll see if there is something they can do, to help the idea of discount.

Because frankly, I don't have enough enegry left to find another oranization to contact and set everything with...

Thanks for the suggestion though.
It might help in financial aspect for the people wanting to come.

- Catherine [Allin]

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Mmm. ok. Well i've just gotten in contact with Cancer Society Special Event's Director. I'll see if there is something they can do, to help the idea of discount.

Because frankly, I don't have enough enegry left to find another oranization to contact and set everything with...

- Catherine [Allin]

*patpat* Ahhhh Unnieeeee you need sleep T_T go and sleep~~~

Yami Rurouni
10-05-2005, 07:27 PM
i'll either be wearing my Itachi cosplay again, OOOR (if i get it done on time) my shiney new Zangetsu costume!! *shwing!*

Uzumaki83
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm going as Shiba Ganju again!
One who hates shinigami's :P

i'll either be wearing my Itachi cosplay again, OOOR (if i get it done on time) my shiney new Zangetsu costume!! *shwing!*

Yes you MUST!!! You'll be so awesome!

Allin
10-05-2005, 09:53 PM
DJ Sabre had brought this up and I realized that we don't have a suitable decoration for the place, since it's not Halloween dance anymore.

All we got so far is some 100 ft. long and 5 ft. wide paper for making banners, and some caution tapes to block around the corners.

If you have any ideas, or props/items we can use for the night to decorate the place, please let us know, either by posting here, or e-mailing us to the usual address at ckhalloweendance@gmail.com

Kaido Kaoru
10-05-2005, 10:16 PM

- Catherine [Allin]

*is so stressed she's malting her hair*

Work...home...more work....

*goes crazy*

that is all...

~*~k~*~

P.S~ I'm gonna prolly either be going as Shounen Bato or Raito or Kaiba or Kaido!!! OR MAYBE I'LL BREAK OUT THE JINTA!!! BWHAHAHA never cosplayed him yet.....or should I bring out good ol'Chouji or Young Iruka?

*goes and passes out*

jiyoon
10-05-2005, 11:10 PM
*is so stressed she's malting her hair*

Work...home...more work....

*goes crazy*

that is all...

~*~k~*~

P.S~ I'm gonna prolly either be going as Shounen Bato or Raito or Kaiba or Kaido!!! OR MAYBE I'LL BREAK OUT THE JINTA!!! BWHAHAHA never cosplayed him yet.....or should I bring out good ol'Chouji or Young Iruka?

*goes and passes out*

awaughhhhhh don't pass out! *fans her madly*

Allin
10-05-2005, 11:42 PM
MUSIC!

The request is still ON!

I don't know why, but the requests stopped after like 5 days of making a post.
We'll continually accept your request until Nov.12th!

Keep them coming!

We'd like to see what kind of songs you'd like to hear.

TheWestWind
10-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Lol. what kinda decor would someone have for a Nov random dance that is no longer halloween? Hmmm... Well, I suppose f you consider black lights, maybe fog, and umm... for some reason I'm thinking posters, but I dunno... but I'm always crazy for blacklights, so don't take my idea 100% seriously, lol

Jo_Canadian
10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
decoractions and stuff like that of the halloween sort would be tough to come across for the 19th of november, hmmmm....im not sure but i may be able to come up with something.

scarlet
10-06-2005, 09:13 AM
hmmmm decorations..i am thinking of a "off-season" theme: decorate the place with spring / summer stuff, such as wind chime, plastic slowers etc. Since november will be winter and winter isn't the best season for cosplayers.
*fades away*

Jo_Canadian
10-06-2005, 09:25 AM
im not coming in costume i dont think, it would prolly be easier to spot the security guys this way

Kaido Kaoru
10-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Lol. what kinda decor would someone have for a Nov random dance that is no longer halloween? Hmmm... Well, I suppose f you consider black lights, maybe fog, and umm... for some reason I'm thinking posters, but I dunno... but I'm always crazy for blacklights, so don't take my idea 100% seriously, lol

fog......

you mean those terrible meachines that pump out nasty stinky fog and make me have an asthma attacks all over the place....ew no...

I LIKE THE SUMMER IDEA!! weird....but cool....WILL tallk to my CEO about that today!!!

love you all!!!!

~*~kristin~*~

kuko-chan
10-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Well I'll be trying to finish my Rosette Christopher costume in time for Halloween, so if it's done (just one paycheck away from getting the remaining fabric) I'll be wearing that to the dance.

And yes, you guys need to breathe! It'll be okay! At the very least, my group and I will be understanding of your situation and we won't go giving you hell or anything! :)

And about the costume discount issue, I read through everyone's posts and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Seeing as it's an Anime dance, it made more sense to give anime costumes a discount (when I say anime, I mean the whole fandom, lolies, video games, etc.). I'm not saying that normal cosutmes shouldn't get a discount, I'm just wondering why people were complaining in the first place. It's assumed that since it's a Halloween-esque dance for anime fans, you'll be getting almost everyone in costume. If someone hears about this dance and want the discount just because they're cheap, so they throw on some baggy pants and a black shirt and call it a costume, wouldn't that annoy you, the hard-working cosplayer? I know it'd annoy me! I think there should be a cut-off point, otherwise everyone may as well get a discount and the door price may as well be $9.

For the street clothes costumes, a possible solution to that would be have cosplayers bring in a reference image of their character, that way you know it's legit. Some may say that's too much effort for a dollar discount, but so is bringing in canned goods. :S That's my two cents worth.

(Sorry if I offend anyone or raise another arguement! :S I just thought that people's complaints were a little misplaced.)

Anyway, good luck with this! Considering you took the inititive to start something like this, I'm sure you'll all do great! :)

TheWestWind
10-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Hmm.. summer idea eh? Sounds pretty interesting? Now WHERE to find summer stuff in Oct/Nov... *giggles at the idea of being in a room full of palm trees and such, then walking outside to it being fricken' freezing..lol*

But I CAN help a *bit* with the decor if it's summery. I have an inflatable palm tree(maybe 3-4 feet tall), an inflatable tulip(about 15 cm high), and an inflatable dinosaur(about 3 feet tall maybe)...

Kuko-Chan: I agree with you completely. A line must be drawn for things like that. And if it is a cosplay that has normal clothes, a picture might be a good idea or you could have a third-party who has watched the anime that the cosplayer is from tell you if it's a cosplay or not. Either way, discounts weren't made to give to everyone who's going, then there would be no point to telling the un-discounted price. There must be a liine between what deserves a discount and what doesn't.

white-cross
10-06-2005, 05:02 PM
*rolls in, bumps on a lamp post, gets a huge bump on the head* i'm soo lost but oh well. As for music requests, as long as it's not the love love tropicana song I am oks. (i have a feeling that will be played now....) and I will try to drop the excuse on my parents this weekend...hopefully they are in a good mood and will let me go to the "play" i'm seeing at stratford XDDDD. told ya i had an excuse adrienne-san. Just need to get away from them that weekend...

as for costumes, I think i'll just use the costume i'm gonna use for halloween.

P.S.
Adrienne-san, me will bring about 8 glo-sticks if i can go. I should buy the 12 hour ones for kicks XD. Want any? they have yellow, green, red, blue and i think they have white (ooo white glow-stick...*plays with one*) that sounded wrong...

Amy the Yu
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
(when I say anime, I mean the whole fandom, lolies, video games, etc.)That's a very tricky line to draw. The "whole fandom" includes a lot more for some people than others. I think it would be easier to define it a la masquerade style. You're in a worthy costume of a discount if your costume is self-made/self put together (ie. not a halloween costume bought at Wal-mart) and a) based off an already existing character, b) original with a good dose of thought put into the design.

If people can look at your costume and either judge the craftsmanship or the accuracy, that's a proper costume to me (even if the craftsmanship isn't awesome or it doesn't look exactly like the character).

Original costumes that people throw together can be nice, but setting limits to what is considered "part of the fandom" may confuse some people unless you're really specific as to what that means (ie. discounts only apply to costumes from an anime, manga, Japanese videogames or a Japan specific fasion style).

People will be willing to skip the discount if they have a costume from another genre that they really would like to wear, but well defined rules is always good to prevent confusion.

LoneWanderer
10-07-2005, 12:08 AM

Kaido Kaoru
10-07-2005, 12:11 AM
ignore my post...

I thought we had this worked out but apparently my CEO has cold feet!!!
*gomen**bow*

We have an idea in the rafters...

post soon!
~*~k~*~

LoneWanderer
10-07-2005, 12:13 AM

jiyoon
10-07-2005, 08:47 AM
*rolls in, bumps on a lamp post, gets a huge bump on the head* i'm soo lost but oh well. As for music requests, as long as it's not the love love tropicana song I am oks. (i have a feeling that will be played now....) and I will try to drop the excuse on my parents this weekend...hopefully they are in a good mood and will let me go to the "play" i'm seeing at stratford XDDDD. told ya i had an excuse adrienne-san. Just need to get away from them that weekend...

as for costumes, I think i'll just use the costume i'm gonna use for halloween.

P.S.
Adrienne-san, me will bring about 8 glo-sticks if i can go. I should buy the 12 hour ones for kicks XD. Want any? they have yellow, green, red, blue and i think they have white (ooo white glow-stick...*plays with one*) that sounded wrong...

yayyyyyyyyy... anyway... yes, we shall go see the 'stratford play' XD

As well.. blacklights/strobe lights cost money @ _@ Like... LOTS of money.

kuko-chan
10-07-2005, 11:55 AM
That's a very tricky line to draw. The "whole fandom" includes a lot more for some people than others. I think it would be easier to define it a la masquerade style. You're in a worthy costume of a discount if your costume is self-made/self put together (ie. not a halloween costume bought at Wal-mart) and a) based off an already existing character, b) original with a good dose of thought put into the design.

If people can look at your costume and either judge the craftsmanship or the accuracy, that's a proper costume to me (even if the craftsmanship isn't awesome or it doesn't look exactly like the character).

Original costumes that people throw together can be nice, but setting limits to what is considered "part of the fandom" may confuse some people unless you're really specific as to what that means (ie. discounts only apply to costumes from an anime, manga, Japanese videogames or a Japan specific fasion style).

People will be willing to skip the discount if they have a costume from another genre that they really would like to wear, but well defined rules is always good to prevent confusion.

I see what you mean, but what I mean is if someone asked you what you are dressed as, you could give a name or at the very least a description (like Fairy). Someone wearing their regular goth clothes trying to pass off as a costume doesn't count in my opinion (unless they name a specific J-rocker or something).

My other concern is the thrift store issue. Personally, I made my entire Halloween costume last year out of thrift store-bought skirts and a borrowed corset along with fairy wings. It's tough deciding what counts as a real costume and what doesn't. Gettting a full costume from Walmart shows you put no effort into the costume, but buying the individual pieces and putting them together or altering them may count, I think.

So maybe for the discounts, you should set limits. Or better yet, create a theme that if anyone follows it, they recieve a discount. For example, people dressed as mythical creatures (angels, fairies, dragons, etc.) get a discount. Or people dressed as Shojo characters (Sailor Moon, Fruits Baskets, Kare Kano, etc.). :)

jiyoon
10-07-2005, 12:01 PM
uh... we had problems with the discount issue... specifically with costumes.

I think Mekou-chan's idea of the food discount thing was good. Ryerson has a Community Room that's looking for canned goods all the time for charity, so it'd be good... Or, we could talk to the Daily Food Bank and discuss with them about the canned goods thing.

One problem with the canned goods thing: I hope someone has a car, cos lugging it all the way on transit will be crazy.

Allin
10-07-2005, 12:27 PM
One problem with the canned goods thing: I hope someone has a car, cos lugging it all the way on transit will be crazy.

Plus o_O
If people are coming from Science Center, i think it might be too heavy for them to bring it around all day.

And yes, gettng all that canned food and moving it will pose some difficulty as well. Currently, Kristin is posting up new idea for discount.

See it and tell us what you think.

- Catherine [Allin]

Kaido Kaoru
10-07-2005, 12:38 PM
OKIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

DISCOUNT SETTLED AND APPROVED!!!

The discount is!!! *drum roll*

STUDENT CARD!!!

Any type...high-school/college/university/gradschool/grammerschool/
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL count...
BUT
They HAVE to be from THIS current school year please....
If their not then the discount will not apply...

This is the BEST thing that we could think of...to be FAIR AND NON-JUDGEMENTAL to EVERYONE!

Now, The canned food idea was a great idea....but theres only 2 of us and we're tired/stressed as it is and we dont wanna make anyMORE WORK for ourselves!!
PLUS, those of you that are going to the Science Center...do you really wanna lug around canned foods all day? Nah...STUDENT CARDS!!!

Easier to carry!!!:p

And will apply to almost everyone and this way you can just tuck it away and not have to worry about it for the rest of the nite! ^__________^

ALSO...BIGGGGGGGG NEWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The theme is SUMMER VACATION!!! ^___________^;;;;;;;;

Yes...we know in the middle of November?! But someone mentioned it on here(you know who you are*full credit*) and we decided to go with it!!!

Fun Fun!!!! Hope everyone is oki with our choices!!!

~*~kristin and catherine~*~

jiyoon
10-07-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm all up for summer time funnnnnn *listens to California song* ^_^b

student card idea's great. easy to carry around.

Kaijugal
10-07-2005, 01:43 PM
OKIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

DISCOUNT SETTLED AND APPROVED!!!

The discount is!!! *drum roll*

STUDENT CARD!!!

Any type...high-school/college/university/gradschool/grammerschool/
BUT
If their not then the discount will not apply...

This is the BEST thing that we could think of...to be FAIR AND NON-JUDGEMENTAL to EVERYONE!

Uh...except for non students. :sulk:

That's not an appeal to change it btw, but as one of the non students I just had to make the point. (And guys let's not get into the students have less/more money than non students debate again. Or we'll go down the whole "non students are nonstudents because they pay mortgages/for children/etc and can't afford to be students" road again, and that is a scary place I do not want to go. XD Yeah, can you tell I'm bitter about not being able to afford to go back to Uni? ^_~)

To be ABSOLUTELY FAIR, you'd have to have no discount at all. That unfortunately is the nature of fairness.

Personally your first idea, (with the costume discout) was fine. It gives everyone a chance at obtaining the discount with a bit of effort rather than relying on luck of social stuats. As for people bitching as to what you consider being appropriate attire to qualify that's just nuts. Your event, your call. The masquerade directors word is final. *Insert clap of thunder here* ^_~.

Once again, Good luck with you event.

Cheers!

kuko-chan
10-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Personally your first idea, (with the costume discout) was fine. As for people bitching as to what you consider being appropriate attire to qualify that's just nuts. Your event, your call. The masquerade directors word is final. *Insert clap of thunder here* ^_~.

Once again, Good luck with you event.

Cheers!
Yeah, that was my point as well. :) If you're in costume, discounts all 'round, but if you're not, no discount. Simple. However, this way is good as well. Unfortunately for me, I've graduated and I'm taking a year off for work, so no discount for me, but I was going to pay full price anyway. It's 10 meesly bucks, so it's not like I'll set me back by a lot and I won't be able to pay for college this way. :)

So cudos to those who managed to work this out. Hopefull complaints will cease and fun will begin. :)

Kohana
10-07-2005, 10:47 PM
I respect to the discounts I think there is always someone that is going to see things a little bit differently. [I know this is not an AN event but maybe showing an AN pass for the discount instead would = no problem! ^_^] But everyone has to admit that the organizers are doing their best trying to make everybody happy. As for me even though I'm entitled to a discount I choose to wave my right to it. Just b/c the money is going to charity. [and what else could I have done w/ an extra 2 bucks in my pocket...not even enough to ride the bus :( ] besides I've know far too many pple that have suffered and died from cancer to be concerned about couple of bucks....in the words of Homer Simpson "possessions are fleeting.."....

[N.B: I dont mean for this post to condesend to anyone....Do what you feel..I just wanted to add my viewpoints on this topic.... :) ]

Kodoku
10-07-2005, 11:03 PM
wow, i pity those who try to please all
good luck with that though and thankyou for putting so much time and effort into pleasing everyone

Jo_Canadian
10-08-2005, 12:03 AM
hey its a burden but these two have done their damnedest to please everyone and if it dont work...security is gonna crack down...mafia style...lmao jks, i just hope everyone appreciates the worke that they have put into it and that everyone has fun

Allin
10-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions and support, lovelies. ;_;

Yeah, I really hope we'd have tons of fun with this.

Perhaps we'll give that 'costume discount' another go, next year.

Again, thanks, and hope to see you all at the dance!

- Catherine [Allin]

Kaijugal
10-08-2005, 11:24 AM
For those who misunderstood my post, I was not ragging on the organizers but making the point, that it is impossible to please everyone and you will drive yourself crazy trying.

This is something we, (people who donate thier time to organize Anime North and other events), point out constantly.

(Such as poor Sarcasm-Hime who works her butt off every year trying to please everyone with the dance music selection and still gets complaints, year after year.)

I know the gals organizing this dance have now had first hand experience on what a major undertaking it truely is. :) (And kudos to them for sticking with it.)

You know, if everyone had to organize an event like this just once, we'd probably be alot more appriciative as a community because we'd all understand what it's like. :D

Cheers!

jiyoon
10-08-2005, 11:25 AM
well said well said > _< *is so tired*

Kaido Kaoru
10-08-2005, 01:17 PM
*gets all teary eyed*

*sniffles* yes..me and Catherine have been trying our best to please everyone...but there will always be the few you can't please....

But you guys have NO CLUE how much your support means to me and Catherine!
It pumps me feel of energy and makes me want to do....
500 push-ups
500 pull-ups...
and then I can finally travel at the 'speed of light'
(narutard joke...-__-)

We agree...$2 isn't anything to make a diference in ppl's lives but to someon with a disease...it means the world!!!...I mean I know 3 ppl that have been diagnosed with cancer, so I know what it feels like in order to donate a lil' money to make a difference.....

And also to Kaijugal....we have no beefies with her posts or her advice if anything its helped us out!!! We appreciate everyones posts.....even the negative ones....that were I guess to help us but made us feel otherwize...so I hope no one is bothering Kaijugal...if they are!!! *threathens*

We are just happen to get this now underway!!!
Me and Catherine are going out shooping tomorrow for decorations!!
w00t!!!
*can't wait*

but I MUST flee as I must go work on my Ishida arrow for Con No Baka today...and I'll also be dragged into helping with the Ichigo and Renji sword too...>.< Did I mention my friend is making the Renji sword so that its retractable!!! >.< Thats gonna take us a MILLION YEARS!!!

love you all!!!
~*~kristin(co-organizer)~*~

Otaking97
10-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I'll bother Kaijugal if I want to! Bwhahahahhahhaa!

Just kidding! Tee-Hee!

lainey
10-10-2005, 11:24 AM
i was just going to note this:
"Any type...high-school/college/university/gradschool/grammerschool/
BUT
If their not then the discount will not apply..."

I cannot speak for all universities..but the university of toronto student card has no YEAR on it. You get one card first year and that's the card you use for the rest of your university career.

Kaijugal
10-10-2005, 12:09 PM
I'll bother Kaijugal if I want to! Bwhahahahhahhaa!

Just kidding! Tee-Hee!

*bites the orange one* Rawr! XD

Kaido Kaoru
10-10-2005, 12:21 PM
i was just going to note this:
"Any type...high-school/college/university/gradschool/grammerschool/
BUT
If their not then the discount will not apply..."

I cannot speak for all universities..but the university of toronto student card has no YEAR on it. You get one card first year and that's the card you use for the rest of your university career.

Yes...we are HIGHLY aware of the UofT student card doing that....and we've decided that since WE'RE ON U OF T PROPERTY, u of T students get the discount with proof of card...

~*~k~*~

Kohana
10-10-2005, 12:22 PM

Same goes for Seneca....but I think there is an expiry date on it... hmmm

Kawaii Akina
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Same goes for Seneca....but I think there is an expiry date on it... hmmm

yeah on my seneca card there is a expiry date for mine it expires in may.

fressia_33
10-10-2005, 01:40 PM
you guys are doing an awesome job! *can't wait till the dance*

LoneWanderer
10-10-2005, 10:39 PM

Jo_Canadian
10-11-2005, 09:18 AM
A message from security. As most of you already know from last year, and most other conventions, I have to bring up the subject of props on costumes. I feel I should reiterate some of the rules.
1. No live or replica fire arms, if anything should catch my or any of my sercurity teams eyes, it will be brought to my attention and confiscated until the end of the dance at which time it will be given back.
2. Play nice people. If there are any fights or confrontations and it is brought to my attention or seen by us, we will ask you to leave and not come back.
3. Try and leave the props at home, I know, being a cosplayer myself that props sometimes make the costume but I wanna make sure that no one has any problems with being hit by wayward crosses and or swords.
4. No smoking inside or outside the building. If you must smoke then please do it outside atleast 25 meters from the building. This isnt my descion, it is the rules of the owners of the building and if we want this to happen we have to comply with their rules.
5. No alcohal or prohibited drugs on the premissis, if we find this you will be asked to leave and depending on the substance, the police may be called. What you do in your own home should stay in your own home. If you wanna go out for a beer afterwards be my guest, just not in the building.

Thank you for being understanding, if you have any other questions please contact me through pm or email. (RT_Canadian@hotmail.com)

Chris (security Cheif)

Konrad-Chan
10-12-2005, 04:44 PM
If you wanna go out for a beer afterwards be my guest, just not in the building.

Or if I want to have like six beforewards

jiyoon
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Or if I want to have like six beforewards
er... I don't think that's a good idea.
I don't think anyone would like it if you're drunk out of your mind and cause trouble.

Pirate Queen
10-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Whats everyone gonna wear? I still have no clue..

Konrad-Chan
10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
drunk out of your mind and cause trouble

I've never been drunk in my life.

jiyoon
10-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I've never been drunk in my life.

Still... If you're going to drink, please don't post it here. What you do outside of the dance is none of the organizer's concern. As they stated, they aren't responsible.

Konrad-Chan
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Still... If you're going to drink, please don't post it here. What you do outside of the dance is none of the organizer's concern. As they stated, they aren't responsible.

It is legal...I have a right to post anything I want here within forum rules, if only because it's not the organizer's concern.

What's intelligent to post, on the other hand, is a whole seperate matter.

Chibik3r0
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
It is legal...I have a right to post anything I want here within forum rules, if only because it's not the organizer's concern.

Dude, grow up. Seriously.

Trolling a forum thread saying you want to show up drunk is far from mature and completely unnecessary. Save us all some time and keep your ideas to yourself when they involve you showing up intoxicated to a anime dance.

*post reported*

heki-chan
10-12-2005, 08:20 PM

Sorry, it is not within forum rules. The posts you have posted are completely irrelevant to the thread and the entire community as a whole.

Anything further will be taken up with Admin himself.

Thanks.

Kohana
10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Whats everyone gonna wear? I still have no clue..

yeah what IS everybody going to wear??...my cosplay is not done yet err correction I havent started yet lol.... hopefully I'll have it done in time...Oh yes a pple make sure to come to the refreshment table to visit me and Jiyoon the awesome Refreshment Wenches!....lol...

Kawaii Akina
10-12-2005, 08:41 PM
who i will be cosplaying as Sora from Kingdom Hearts of the halloween version. hopefully i need to start my costume this weekend and i need a haircut ;_; but i love short hair ^^;;

jiyoon
10-12-2005, 08:42 PM
yeah what IS everybody going to wear??...my cosplay is not done yet err correction I havent started yet lol.... hopefully I'll have it done in time...Oh yes a pple make sure to come to the refreshment table to visit me and Jiyoon the awesome Refreshment Wenches!....lol...

So that is what I have been dubbed... oh fun. XD

Lady_Sodina
10-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Since I'm definately helping out running coat check, I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing my Gryffindor Quidditch robes *^^* I won't have to worry about over heating on the dance floor this way, I can be comfy cosy in my sweater *gets back to knitting it* I still need to finish doing it all though >< I'm knitting the sweater myself (it WILL be done in time, I swear), but I have two weekends straight with my sewing machine, so I'll be able to finish up the guards and cloak for sure. Believe the patches are on order right now too. However, if I realize my robes are too hot, I'll probably just revert to the rennaisance clothes I have lying around my room still ^^" lmao.

Refreshment wenches, eh? I love it ;) Great title.

jiyoon
10-12-2005, 09:09 PM

Is that Renaissance-y enough for you ? XD

Konrad-Chan
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Sorry, it is not within forum rules. The posts you have posted are completely irrelevant to the thread and the entire community as a whole.

Anything further will be taken up with Admin himself.

Sorry, I completely apologize for my lack of respect and forum etiquette. I should just make a habit of not even contemplating thoughts that are remotely off-topic as to avoid being such a burden to the administrators of this forum in the future.

Apologetically,

Konrad

Kaido Kaoru
10-12-2005, 10:07 PM
*cries* Everyone likes to say random things on our posts!! WHYYYY

Meh...he's been dealt with oh well....
thanks for those that have stood up for the dance organizers in this situation and no we do not want ANYONE attenting under the influence of anything this goes for Drugs AND alcohol!! *shakesfist* I mean it! But if this happens at al at our dance we will NOT hesitate to ask you to leave with NO refend!...and this goes to EVERYONE!

I mean I know how some people are..I've even had friends with bottles of coke filled half way with vodka at a con...I do not agree with this....and I cant believe ppl can't have fun without cracking a bottle...>.< meh...oh wel....

Just please ppl NOOOOTHINNNGGGGG PLEASE!!!

AND I SHALL BE ATTENDING THE DANCE ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:

*drum-roll*

L from Death Note!!!! ^,^ I'm going to add something to my cosplay too *carries lil' Raito doll* ^______^ You WILL see me at the ticket table (ticket wench) for the first part of the nite but I will be hoping around the dance for the rest of the nite...watching ppl....giving away prizes....DANCING MY ASS OFF!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO LET GO OF THIS STRESSS!!!! *dances now*

Oki I'm done with this HORRIBLY RETARDED post!!! Gomen!!

~*~kristin(co-organizer)~*~

Kohana
10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Since I'm definately helping out running coat check, I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing my Gryffindor Quidditch robes *^^* I won't have to worry about over heating on the dance floor this way, I can be comfy cosy in my sweater *gets back to knitting it* I still need to finish doing it all though >< I'm knitting the sweater myself (it WILL be done in time, I swear), but I have two weekends straight with my sewing machine, so I'll be able to finish up the guards and cloak for sure. Believe the patches are on order right now too. However, if I realize my robes are too hot, I'll probably just revert to the rennaisance clothes I have lying around my room still ^^" lmao.

lol, thanks the title just came to me... hmmm maybe we should make a small sign lol... and wow you are going to knit the sweater?! thats super cool....I need to learn how to knit...I've tried crocheting but alas I suck... lol

Pirate Queen
10-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Bah I still have no clue what to wear either. Most likely going to do one of Misa's from Death Notes outfits. Prob her generic white blouse and striped stockings. Just because I like it ever so much. Plus I think it would be slightly hard to dance in a complicated cosplay.^.~

Jo_Canadian
10-13-2005, 07:40 PM
konrad i will put it like this, if you show up drunk im going to ask you to leave instantly and if you do not comply i will have the police remove you. i dont want any problems and the second someone starts saying things like this it worries. so please feel free to show up inhebriated, and see how long your stay at our dance lasts

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
GYARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

For some reason... I have a new $400 charge on my Ryerson bill... what the heckkkkkk>?!!!!

If this is an actual legit charge then I might not have a costume for the dance ;_;...

Pirate Queen
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
400? holy!

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 08:43 PM
*le sigh* Getting the funds necessary for my costume may not be so easy after all >.>;;

My costume will still be kept a secret~~ Sorry everyone! ^^;

Lady_Sodina
10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Jiyoon- Oh yeah, definately rennaisance-y enough, lolz. And ewwww, $400?! Ouch, that's painful ><

Kohana- Yupz!! I'd be knitting right now as I check out my sites actually, but I have chem work to finish up first, ^^". But yeah, I almost have the whole back of the sweater done. Knitting is easy once you get the hang of things. When learning though >< it can get REALLY frusterating. Or at least, it did for me ^^" But after like, 4 hours of practicing it, I got better. I've never tried crocheting though ^^"

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Jiyoon- Oh yeah, definately rennaisance-y enough, lolz. And ewwww, $400?! Ouch, that's painful ><

Kohana- Yupz!! I'd be knitting right now as I check out my sites actually, but I have chem work to finish up first, ^^". But yeah, I almost have the whole back of the sweater done. Knitting is easy once you get the hang of things. When learning though >< it can get REALLY frusterating. Or at least, it did for me ^^" But after like, 4 hours of practicing it, I got better. I've never tried crocheting though ^^"

I like knitting! I just never got the hang of doing a proper scarf though... ^^;

or any other garments for that matter.... - _-;

Konrad-Chan
10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
so please feel free to show up inhebriated, and see how long your stay at our dance lasts

I would gladly show up inhebriated if it were a word in the English language!

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I would gladly show up inhebriated if it were a word in the English language!
Inebriated is a word in the Englsih language... it means to be intoxicated or drunk. It's not a good thing at the dance to show up in this state. That's what Jo_canadian's saying.

Konrad-Chan
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
No entry found for inhebriated.
Did you mean inebriated?

Suggestions:
inebriated
inherited
uninebriated
inhabited
inhibited
Inhabitate

No entry was found in the dictionary. Would you like to search the Web for inhebriated?

For better results, try learning how to spell.

Says dictionary.com

Kohana
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Says dictionary.com

dude chillax, pple make typing mistakes all the time.... so no biggie you got the point of the post... typeo or not the point of the post was "DONT SHOW UP DRUNK!"....and that is the end of that chapter....

SO..how 'bout those Raptors....

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 10:38 PM
dude chillax, pple make typing mistakes all the time.... so no biggie you got the point of the post... typeo or not the point of the post was "DONT SHOW UP DRUNK!"....and that is the end of that chapter....

SO..how 'bout those Raptors....

Utah vs Raptors, 102-101... that was the last preseason game... the season is officially starting with the next game

^.~

So... how about those ducks...? XD

Jo_Canadian
10-13-2005, 10:42 PM
konrad the amount of malice and contempt i hold towards you is almost sickening so please feel free to show up to this dance drunk and watch how fast i have you sent home in a cop car for public drunkeness. you my friend have just opened a pandoras box, something you should not have done

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 10:44 PM
ANYWAY,

please.. can we drop this all now? *wants peace and happiness...is still in a happy bubble*

Please... please...please... no drunkenness or any "imitation" of drunkenness or else we'll have to send you home with no refund whatsoever.

Please... let's just concentrate on school/work/costumes now. I'm trying to maintain my 3.67 GPA *confetti* See the reason for the happy bubble? X3

Konrad-Chan
10-13-2005, 10:54 PM
konrad the amount of malice and contempt i hold towards you is almost sickening so please feel free to show up to this dance drunk and watch how fast i have you sent home in a cop car for public drunkeness. you my friend have just opened a pandoras box, something you should not have done

Hey Love-and-Peace boy, chill out, I didn't go using the m-word or c-word on you so just relax.

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 10:55 PM
*twitches*

will everyone...please...stop...and..be...happy?

chaos_magician
10-13-2005, 11:19 PM
OMG!! seriously dude you need to find better things to do then look up words in a dictionary to make some stupid point...there are more productive things in life and making obnoxious statements isn't going to get you anywhere...I really hope you can sort out these issues and be respectful towards others if you expect the same treatment in return... and yes pls let's end this hostility and all have a good time at the dance...

Jo_Canadian
10-13-2005, 11:23 PM
*takes a deep breath and calms down* dont get mad, get even.
thanks chaos

Konrad-Chan
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
and yes pls let's end this hostility and all have a good time at the dance...

I agree and comply with you completely.

jiyoon
10-13-2005, 11:52 PM
*happy bubble is expanding* ^_______^

*huggles everyone* wheee~~~

Now... I have to figure out what to do with that $400 charge :\

Blitzkrieg_VX
10-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Oi, Hows it going Chris?

Kohana
10-14-2005, 08:58 AM
*burst happy bubble* I kid, I kid.... lol

I just wanted to ask is there anything that needs to be brought in for the refreshment table.... i.e table cloth, napkins, cups, straws etc.... b/c I do have some stuff left over from my birthday party I can bring....It works with the summer theme as well since my party had the similiar theme...[everyone got "lei-ED" at my party :P].... so if you need stuff let me know so I can find it in the Danger Zone I call my bedroom (yes, I am a dirt bag... ^^; )

Kaido Kaoru
10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I understand people will not always see eye to eye...
But I'm tired of it happening in our posts...

IN FUTURE.....
If you have a MAJOR problem with someone's post and you can see it dragging on for SEVERAL posts later....please spare us all so of our brain cells and PM eachother!!!

I'm tired of people going back and forth at eachother for something ridiculous!!!

Me and Catherine, are yet to discuss this situation, and believe me, we are NOT pleased in tlaking about it. We will not have anyone attending our dance in a manner that is other then happy....I will NOT deal with people that will be bringing "other intensions" to our dance!

Now, I rest my case...and please can't everyone just talk about the fact at its barely a month away *runs around doing last minute touches with Catherine**worrie*

~*~kristin~*~
(co-organizer)

Lady_Sodina
10-14-2005, 09:45 AM
So... how about those ducks...? XD

*^^* I like ducks, XD

Actually, I was thinking as coat check, should we do things on maybe a number or ticket based system? Like, you get a ticket and when you want your coat back, just hand the ticket, ticket will have a number, number corresponds to a certain coat or amount of stuf (backpack, purse, etc)? Rather than just assuming people know which coat they're getting. I know people might end up LOOSING their tickets, but what if we could write the number on their hand or something? I don't know, what do you guys think? It might prevent anything from getting stolen, either intentionally or accidentally.

Kawaii Akina
10-14-2005, 09:47 AM
*^^* I like ducks, XD

Actually, I was thinking as coat check, should we do things on maybe a number or ticket based system? Like, you get a ticket and when you want your coat back, just hand the ticket, ticket will have a number, number corresponds to a certain coat or amount of stuf (backpack, purse, etc)? Rather than just assuming people know which coat they're getting. I know people might end up LOOSING their tickets, but what if we could write the number on their hand or something? I don't know, what do you guys think? It might prevent anything from getting stolen, either intentionally or accidentally.

yeah i've seen other places that i've been to before that has like a coat check system and they give out numbers as well like how you suggested.
it seems like a good idea to me!

Foxboy
10-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I have some DVDs and Manga I like to donate to the dance as prizes. Who do i speak to about it?

Foxboy
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
I'll have my Jedi costume all shiny come the dance.

That or my ol' FFXI Kenpogi armor outfit if the Jedi-plans goes out the window.

Kaido Kaoru
10-14-2005, 01:46 PM
I have some DVDs and Manga I like to donate to the dance as prizes. Who do i speak to about it?

You can contact either myself [Kristin] or Catherine at ckhalloweendance@gmail.com letting us know what you're willing to donate to our special event. *L*

We would like to know the following:
01. product/item [DVD, VHS, manga, artbook, etc.]
02. name [anime/manga title, etc.]
03. condition [new, "gently" used, etc.]
04. any extra info [advertising (banner, poster, etc.), verbal recognition/credit, etc.]

*GLOMP* DOMO ARIGATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*~Kaido~*~

jiyoon
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM

I just wanted to ask is there anything that needs to be brought in for the refreshment table.... i.e table cloth, napkins, cups, straws etc.... b/c I do have some stuff left over from my birthday party I can bring....It works with the summer theme as well since my party had the similiar theme...[everyone got "lei-ED" at my party :P].... so if you need stuff let me know so I can find it in the Danger Zone I call my bedroom (yes, I am a dirt bag... ^^; )

Plus, I have mini fridge at my rez... I can put some stuff in there if need be...

Another thing... does someone have a large cooler that they can lend us? We need to purchase ice as well. We probably need one jumbo cooler for the entire night... @ _@

The coat check idea would sound good... but is someone willing to stay there for most/all of the night? People might have to leave in the middle of the dance.

As well, we don't want to have to take the extra responsibility for these things. That's why we advised everyone not to bring any valuables in the first place. We can't watch out for your own belongings, so I'm going to emphasize this again: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST/STOLEN BELONGINGS

Kawaii Akina
10-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Plus, I have mini fridge at my rez... I can put some stuff in there if need be...

Another thing... does someone have a large cooler that they can lend us? We need to purchase ice as well. We probably need one jumbo cooler for the entire night... @ _@

The coat check idea would sound good... but is someone willing to stay there for most/all of the night? People might have to leave in the middle of the dance.

As well, we don't want to have to take the extra responsibility for these things. That's why we advised everyone not to bring any valuables in the first place. We can't watch out for your own belongings, so I'm going to emphasize this again: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST/STOLEN BELONGINGS

hmm i have a huge cooler that my parents have ... i can probably bring that if you still need it?

Pirate Queen
10-14-2005, 06:34 PM
hmm how huge? Because I have a big one..but Im not sure how big you need it. You know what else would work well. Get garbage cans(clean ones^.~) and full them up with water and ice. We use these at our school dances and everything stays pretty cool for a long time. But the garbage cans were the short ones.

jiyoon
10-14-2005, 07:03 PM
garbage cans ARE a great idea... it's just that that would mean we would have to purchase these garbage cans... cos I don't think anyone buys them just for keeping drinks cool ^ _~

I think coolers are still are best choice @ _@;;

Kawaii_Akina: That'd be great! If only it's not too much trouble~
Pirate Queen: Could you bring yours too if it's not too much trouble as well?

Kawaii Akina
10-14-2005, 07:11 PM
garbage cans ARE a great idea... it's just that that would mean we would have to purchase these garbage cans... cos I don't think anyone buys them just for keeping drinks cool ^ _~

I think coolers are still are best choice @ _@;;

Kawaii_Akina: That'd be great! If only it's not too much trouble~
Pirate Queen: Could you bring yours too if it's not too much trouble as well?

nope i don't think it will be too much trouble. i'll just ask my parents tonight after i'm watching a couple more episodes of FMA (just got started it yesterday episode one ^^;; )but i think it will big enough to put a lot of ice in their we use it when ever we have family members come over for our little family b-day's and all.

Kaido Kaoru
10-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Yes yes yes....we already had the ticket thing for the jackets/coats/bags/etc.
Already planned out....we just haven't posted EVERYTHING on here....we might be beginners but we dun forget the important stuffs...

If your volunteering you get to find out a lil' bit more then others do but for the rest....your without lights on....=^_^=

Me and Catherine have tons of things in store...but we just dun want everyone to know everything that will hapen behind the scenes!!! ^__________^

Well.....WHERE ARE THESE REQUESTS!!! W've only recieved about 20....30 more songs are in order!!!! GET THEM IN!!! LETS SEE THOSE REQUESTS!!!!

Thats all for now!!!
Btw...if i made alot of spelling mistakes...gomen...I'm not used to tping on a laptop.....-_-;;;;;;;

nite all!!!
~*~k~*~

LoneWanderer
10-14-2005, 10:25 PM

Edgar Strife
10-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Wow, its a amazing seeing how two people organizing a dance and doing a awsome job at it. I look forward to Nov 19 and as my cosplay plans, its going to be from my CLAMP sections.
By the way, Kaoru Kaido, I PM you my music request [ wasn't sure to post them here or message them to you.]

Lady_Sodina
10-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Yes yes yes....we already had the ticket thing for the jackets/coats/bags/etc.
Already planned out....we just haven't posted EVERYTHING on here....we might be beginners but we dun forget the important stuffs...

Awesome!!! Just wanted to check, I probably should've just PM'd you, sorry!! Hope you guys aren't killing yourself trying to cover everything though *supportive hugs to the organizers* You guys are doing a great job so far, I can't wait to see how everything goes in the end!!!

Kaido Kaoru
10-15-2005, 01:43 PM
I regret to tell everyone that I will be taking a leave for quite a while....

I've just gotten news that someone EXTREMLY dear to me has passed away and I will have to go to see them...

I hat eto do this but if you have any questions/comments/issues/problems with the dance either email Catherine at:
ckhalloweendance@gmail.com
or PM her here at
Allin

I can no longer be checking my pm's here...I apologize since I will be outta the city for a week or more...

Once again...Please be kind to Catherine she'll have ALOT on her plate becuz of my absence...

~*~k~*~

Uzumaki83
10-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Kristin, I'm so sorry to hear that your family member passed away... Hope things will turn out well for you and your family; though I don't expect it right away of course ^_^

Kawaii Akina
10-15-2005, 02:49 PM
aww sorry to hear that kristin *huggles* hope you'll be all right.

Allin
10-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Awww... I'm sorry to hear that Kristin. T_T and thank you for handling immediate problems while I was absent from forums. And thanks Adri for answering some questions.

First of all, I appologize for leaving the forum unattended for so long and I bring you back some good news.

We are now officially a 3rd Party Fund Raiser sponsored by Canadian Cancer Society and ALL our volunteers will be able to receive a confirmation letter proving their volunteer hours from CCS!

So all volunteers must give me their:
1.full name
2.age
3.school [if applicable]
4.mailing address
5.phone number
6.hours served

If you refer to the Volunteer Notification mail I've sent, you will be able to see the estimate of hours served in each categories.

If you can give me those information now, please feel free to do so.
If not, I'll be passing around a volunteer sign-in sheet during the dance, so you must sigh that sheet for me. If you don't, NO CONFIRMATION LETTER!
So please remember to sign that.

Secondly, I'd like to address that Konrad and Chris are not to discuss their personal differences here at the dance forum. I will contact both shortly via MSN so please stay put.

If you have any question at any time, feel free to mail me at ckhalloweendance@gmail.com or PM me.

Thank you all.

Allin
10-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Actually, I was thinking as coat check, should we do things on maybe a number or ticket based system?

Ah yes, I know Kristin already answered you, but let me inform you again,
PLEASE READ THE VOLUNTEER NOTIFICATION MAIL WITH MORE DETAIL.
Iíve spent so much time writing that mail. There is no point if people arenít reading it. *Sniff*

Look under the category of coat check. There is an explanation and instructions on how coat checks will be run during the night. ALL volunteer posts will run in ROTATION, thatís why we have at least 2 people per station.

And of course, regardless of a person being there or not, since we are not professional enough to hire protection system or anything like that, we cannot be responsible for any stolen or lost items, as Iíve mentioned in my first post.

First post DOES get updated. PLEASE DO CHECK it once in a while.

Now, regarding icebox.

Kristin and I each have a medium size icebox. I think two ice boxes will be enough but if we do get some freezies like we hoped, then at least one of the box will have to be check closed. So if you do have an icebox, please let us know. I donít think there will be a need for garbage cans. Good idea though. XD

I just wanted to ask is there anything that needs to be brought in for the refreshment table.... i.e tablecloth, napkins, cups, straws etc....

Thank you, feel free to bring in whatever leftover you have of:
napkins, straws, and tablecloth.

I donít think we would need cups, because most of the drinks are cans and small bottles.

Ok. I think thatís all of questions answered.

Bring on the next bunch >=3

- Catherine [Allin]

Pirate Queen
10-15-2005, 08:29 PM
I shall bring the cooler then. I'm here to help^.~..should I come a tad bit early so I can drop the cooler off? So you guys have time to fill it? Or come whenever with the cooler.

Allin
10-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I shall bring the cooler then. I'm here to help^.~..should I come a tad bit early so I can drop the cooler off? So you guys have time to fill it? Or come whenever with the cooler.

Thanks Pirate Queen. Yeah, one more would be just perfect.
Come between 6:30~7:00 ish. Just 15 minute before the dance would be enough for us to set it up with ice for the ice box.

Now, could you mail me a name I can call you by and a contact number?
Just in case XD to ckhalloweendance@gmail.com

Thanks.

- Catherine [Allin]

Kohana
10-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Thank you, feel free to bring in whatever leftover you have of:
napkins, straws, and tablecloth.

I donít think we would need cups, because most of the drinks are cans and small bottles.

Ok sure thing Boss-lady! :P

jiyoon
10-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Kristen, my deepest condolensces~~~ > _<

Allin
10-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Ok sure thing Boss-lady! :P

lol. I'm dubbed Boss-lady?

>=3 yes. work for me, all of ya.

jiyoon
10-15-2005, 10:29 PM
lol. I'm dubbed Boss-lady?

>=3 yes. work for me, all of ya.

It's because oppa is known as Boss-man.
My nickname is princess - _-;

And we all know what Kohana's is rightttttt? ^_~

Kawaii Akina
10-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks Pirate Queen. Yeah, one more would be just perfect.
Come between 6:30~7:00 ish. Just 15 minute before the dance would be enough for us to set it up with ice for the ice box.

Now, could you mail me a name I can call you by and a contact number?
Just in case XD to ckhalloweendance@gmail.com

Thanks.

- Catherine [Allin]

catherine do you still need that one more cooler? 'cause i could bring one . i talked to my parents about it and all and they said it was fine to bring.

Edgar Strife
10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Good evening everyone

Kaido Kaoru: Sorry to hear what happen, I hope everything turns out alright. Hey Allin I PM you a meassage and I think it may anwser your pervious question. Anway, I look forward to seeing everyone and I hope for the dance to become a great success.

Allin
10-16-2005, 12:02 AM
catherine do you still need that one more cooler? 'cause i could bring one . i talked to my parents about it and all and they said it was fine to bring.

Thanks Mandy, but I think 3 is fine.
I don't want to trouble you to bring that big thing all the way downtown to find that we don't really need 4th icebox.

I'll let you know if we need more, but for now it's ok.

Thanks for offer tho! XD

- Catherine [Allin]

TribalButterfly
10-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Wow, so much work went into this, and we are actually getting a dance!!!

I think we all need to get down on the floor and worship Allin here people!

Kawaii Akina
10-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks Mandy, but I think 3 is fine.
I don't want to trouble you to bring that big thing all the way downtown to find that we don't really need 4th icebox.

I'll let you know if we need more, but for now it's ok.

Thanks for offer tho! XD

- Catherine [Allin]

all right ^^

white-cross
10-16-2005, 12:10 PM

nuuu u burst her bubble before me .... oh well. as adrienne-san knows, my parents bought my excuse and my friend will cover for me ^-^ HOORAH! i get a weekend without them! for once! anyways, i can help with the refershments table (since i'm going as a bartender anyways might as well fulfill the role) or anywhere else that you guys might need help with. just e-mail me or leave me a note okays ^^

P.S. if there is anything that need to be bought, tell me. somehow, i can get stuff for less over here ._.???

jiyoon
10-16-2005, 12:11 PM
nuuu u burst her bubble before me .... oh well. as adrienne-san knows, my parents bought my excuse and my friend will cover for me ^-^ HOORAH! i get a weekend without them! for once! anyways, i can help with the refershments table (since i'm going as a bartender anyways might as well fulfill the role) or anywhere else that you guys might need help with. just e-mail me or leave me a note okays ^^

P.S. if there is anything that need to be bought, tell me. somehow, there i can get stuff for less over here ._.???

I realllllllllllly need a petticoat/pannier XD lol
just joking

I do need one though

I'll have to look @ _@

darnit they're so expensive...

and you all are against meeeeeee > O< *flails*

fox.boy
10-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I have a manga and two DVDs i would like to donate as prizes.

Who do I contact to learn when, where, and how I may get the prizes to you/you all?

Pirate Queen
10-16-2005, 02:54 PM
I just sent you the email with all the info^.^..yay Anime Dance

white-cross
10-16-2005, 02:54 PM
I realllllllllllly need a petticoat/pannier XD lol
just joking

I do need one though

I'll have to look @ _@

darnit they're so expensive...

and you all are against meeeeeee > O< *flails*

we're not against you....we're just bubble popping ppl...ya that's it...>.>

and as for the petticoat, (dont ask) i can prolly ask to borrow one for you....no clue why they have it but if they say yes u have one....dont count on this though..i'll have to try and make a good converasion with the person without trying to kill them....anyways back to making my costume...

jiyoon
10-16-2005, 03:03 PM
we're not against you....we're just bubble popping ppl...ya that's it...>.>

and as for the petticoat, (dont ask) i can prolly ask to borrow one for you....no clue why they have it but if they say yes u have one....dont count on this though..i'll have to try and make a good converasion with the person without trying to kill them....anyways back to making my costume...

o.O you knwo I'm only joking right?

I don't need one for now ^^;
hhehehe thanks though

Kohana
10-16-2005, 08:56 PM
It's because oppa is known as Boss-man.
My nickname is princess - _-;

And we all know what Kohana's is rightttttt? ^_~

LOL yes, you must be referring to "This Way" (or "Minion" could work too in this situation too :P)....

Anyway, In other news I found all the supplies hopefully the tablecloth will fit the table o_0!

jiyoon
10-16-2005, 09:02 PM
LOL yes, you must be referring to "This Way" (or "Minion" could work too in this situation too :P)....

Anyway, In other news I found all the supplies hopefully the tablecloth will fit the table o_0!

Of course This Way~ XD

My word is LAW
XD

hahaha lol

I'm a tard
I'm too lazy to write my politics paper that's due on Tuesday XD

EDIT: w00t 500 posts XD

white-cross
10-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Of course This Way~ XD

My word is LAW
XD

hahaha lol

I'm a tard
I'm too lazy to write my politics paper that's due on Tuesday XD

EDIT: w00t 500 posts XD

it's due tuesday....procrastinate now and do it tonorrow XD no dont....that will get u into a hell of a lot of trouble not to mention no sleep...

I dont think i'll be wearing the costume I originally thought of wearing to the dance. Why? I'm too lazy to make her shirt. So i'll borrow( more like just take) my brother's suit jacket and go as Elena. I get to dye my hair yellow! (or buy paint that will make it look blonde)

jiyoon
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM
it's due tuesday....procrastinate now and do it tonorrow XD no dont....that will get u into a hell of a lot of trouble not to mention no sleep...

I dont think i'll be wearing the costume I originally thought of wearing to the dance. Why? I'm too lazy to make her shirt. So i'll borrow( more like just take) my brother's suit jacket and go as Elena. I get to dye my hair yellow! (or buy paint that will make it look blonde)

*coughcoughPOcoughSERcoughcough*

lol remember? The insufferable cough never goes away.

dammit I really want to make two costumes for the dance, but I don't have the money to pay for it (nor do I want to kill SHeila with all that work XD)

*sigh* $400... *cries*

Allin
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I have a manga and two DVDs i would like to donate as prizes.

Who do I contact to learn when, where, and how I may get the prizes to you/you all?

Thank you, fox.boy
It's me and Kristin you have to contact.
My name is Catherine [alias: Allin] and mail me to ckhalloweendance@gmail.com of:

1. what kind of prize are they [title/artist]
2. the handling [mint, gently used..etc]

I believe Kristin had already answered you, but you might have missed it.

It would be nice if you come to the dance 15 minute early to meet me personally to donate the gift. You can find me and/or Kristin at the ticketbooth, so just simply tell us you are fox.boy and give us the presents.

We will credit you through announcement when we are giving them away.

Of course, since it's your gifts, you'll have some say in what kind of category you want to give the gifts to.

Thank you for your donation.
Hope to hear from you soon.

- Catherine [Allin]

Allin
10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Volunteer Notification mail is sent for the second time.
Mail is sent around 11am, Tuesday, October 18th.

I know some people recieved it, but it seems like most did not get it last time.
So I've sent a revised version of Notification mail, *individually*,

so please check your e-mail account and junk mail folder just in case.

After you have recieved and read the mail,
please send me your reply with your confirmation and the required information.

If you haven't received this mail, PM me or contact me on MSN[allinaspire@hotmail.com] to receive the file individually.

Big thanks to all those who are volunteering.

Sincerely,
Catherine [Allin]

jiyoon
10-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Volunteer Notification mail is sent for the second time.
Mail is sent around 11am, Tuesday, October 18th.

I know some people recieved it, but it seems like most did not get it last time.
So I've sent a revised version of Notification mail, *individually*,

so please check your e-mail account and junk mail folder just in case.

After you have recieved and read the mail,
please send me your reply with your confirmation and the required information.

If you haven't received this mail, PM me or contact me on MSN[allinaspire@hotmail.com] to receive the file individually.

Big thanks to all those who are volunteering.

Sincerely,
Catherine [Allin]
Got it unnie.
Reply already sent with my personal info~
Time for my midterm @ _@ *dies* Byeeeeeeee~

Jo_Canadian
10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
im liking how everything is coming together, im looking forward to seeing everyone in costume and to havin a damned good time

Kaido Kaoru
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
im liking how everything is coming together, im looking forward to seeing everyone in costume and to havin a damned good time

Meeee toooo!!

Hey everyone I'm back sorry about taking that leave for a while!!Also, thankyou everyone for your condolesses(spelling I know){for your sorryies}

I need to have some fun and dance away my stress.....

I also can't wait to Cosplay as L....I miss him so...*weeps* :waaaah:

But I hope I can bring his character justice.....heh heh....pun UNINTENTED...

But now even I have to get in touch with my lovly CEO and disscuss matters of the dance....
CATHERINE!!! CALL MEEE YOU LIL' BUGGER!!!! :eeek:

love you all and talk with you soon!!!

~*~kaido kaoru~*~

Kawaii Akina
10-21-2005, 11:50 AM
i'm glad your back kristin *huggles* hope you do get better though ^^ i totally can't wait till the dance now hehe this is my first time going to a cosplay dance ^0^ since i didn't go to the AN05 dance either ;____; keep up the cool work coming ^0^

LoneWanderer
10-25-2005, 03:19 PM

Pirate Queen
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Yep few more weeks. That weekend is gonna be awsome! My school semi-formal, the release of Goblet of fire, anime dance and one of my good buddies birthday parties. Can't wait! hehe

Kawaii Akina
10-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Yep few more weeks. That weekend is gonna be awsome! My school semi-formal, the release of Goblet of fire, anime dance and one of my good buddies birthday parties. Can't wait! hehe

oh~ that is for the harry potter movie, right? when is it coming out? ^^;;

chaos_magician
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
QUOTE=Kawaii Akina]oh~ that is for the harry potter movie, right? when is it coming out? ^^;;

HP is coming out on Nov 18 and I'll be cosplaying Severus Snape eeeeeeeee I can't wait!!:bigtu:

jiyoon
10-26-2005, 05:54 PM
HP is coming out on Nov 18 and I'll be cosplaying Severus Snape eeeeeeeee I can't wait!!:bigtu:

Happy belated b-day!!

I didn't know how to send b-day cards over Hi5 >.> Sorry~~

> _<

Happy belated b-day again~!

Btw.. this article was on the homepage of msn.ca

Harry Potter legal challenge next week could block film's release in Canada
STEVE LAMBERT
October 25, 2005

WINNIPEG (CP) - A little-known Winnipeg folk group will have a chance next week to block the Nov. 18 premiere of the new Harry Potter movie across Canada.

The Wyrd Sisters, who allege that Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire contains a scene with a musical group bearing their name, have secured a Nov. 4 court date to apply for an injunction barring distribution of the film.

The application for an injunction is part of a lawsuit the Wyrd Sisters filed in September against the Warner Brothers movie and music empire and three famous British musicians - Jarvis Cocker of the group Pulp and Jonny Greenwood and Phil Selway of Radiohead.

The lawsuit alleges the musicians appear in the film under the Wyrd Sisters moniker, and seeks $40 million plus punitive damages, interest and other costs.

The band's lawyer, Kimberly Townley-Smith, was unavailable for comment Tuesday. In an earlier interview, she said the Wyrd Sisters would suffer from public confusion over the name.

Warner Brothers is fighting the lawsuit, saying the movie contains no reference to a "Wyrd Sisters" group.

Although the company first approached the Winnipeg group and offered $5,000 to share the name, it says it eventually made the film with an unnamed musical group.

"There is absolutely no name ... for the band that is playing," Warner Brothers spokesman Scott Rowe said from Los Angeles.

"They are never identified by name."

Rowe said Warner Brothers officials even flew to Canada last week to show the movie in its entirety to Townley-Smith in order to prove that the Wyrd Sisters name does not appear.

"We have (also) submitted sworn affidavits to the court, stating that the name Wyrd Sisters is not being used either in the film or on its soundtrack," Rowe said.

The legal dispute has stirred up heated debate on the Internet, with many Harry Potter and Radiohead fans calling the lawsuit a cash grab.

"(The) Wyrd Sisters ought to appreciate the publicity," reads a message posted in the fan forum on The Leaky Cauldron - a website for Potter fans.

"I guess they never made much money with their music, so they're trying to get rich off the fame of others."

Some Radiohead fans have posted expletive-filled rants on the Wyrd Sisters' message board.

Others have pointed out that William Shakespeare wrote about three witches called the weird sisters in MacBeth, while British author Terry Pratchett published a MacBeth-themed book called Wyrd Sisters almost 20 years ago.

But The Wyrd Sisters have said the battle is about fairness, not publicity.

"I really feel that morally we have the right to own our name and we have a right to go about our business without interference," lead singer Kim Baryluk told Chart magazine in September.

The Wyrd Sisters have announced that they are set to release a new CD and launch a tour in the near future.

Pirate Queen
10-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Your joking right? I can't belive they'd file a lawsuit. If anyone should be complaining it's William Shakespere, lol. But excuse me for saying this, he's dead. Some people are all in it for the money. I for one hope it is still coming out on Novemeber 18th.

kuko-chan
10-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Yea, I heard about that. If I was part of that folk band, I'd drop the case, seeing as I'd recieve many death threats and lose many fans over this whole debacle. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. They spell it Wyrd. JKR spells it Weird.

But anyway, that's WAY off topic now. I can't wait for this dance! I'm trying to rally support from my school's anime club (well, actually, it's not MY school anymore, I graduated).

chaos_magician
10-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Happy belated b-day!!

I didn't know how to send b-day cards over Hi5 >.> Sorry~~

> _<

hehe that's okie and thanx...another year older but definetely not wiser...yes I heard about the ridiculous lawsuit filed against Warner Bros..I mean come on it's spelled differently and it wasn't made intentional..If they delay the release of the film for this then I will be very mad:angry:

jiyoon
10-27-2005, 06:53 PM
hehe that's okie and thanx...another year older but definetely not wiser...yes I heard about the ridiculous lawsuit filed against Warner Bros..I mean come on it's spelled differently and it wasn't made intentional..If they delay the release of the film for this then I will be very mad:angry:

Lol~ ya!

I really wanna see the movie~ @ _@

arghhhhh gotta finish all my projects and midterms first~!

See you all at the dance ^_~ I'll have my secret costume on XD

Allin
10-27-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm trying to rally support from my school's anime club (well, actually, it's not MY school anymore, I graduated).

Hey, Kuko-chan XD

Do you want a copy of all-finished and approved copy of the dance flyer?
You can print and spread wherever it is legal to do so >=3

If you want a copy of it, mail me to ckhalloweendance@gmail.com
and i'll send you one.

Hoping the rallying goes well XD

- Catherine [Allin]

Allin
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Things are going slow, but going well.
So there haven't been much post to post on the forum.

Well, now I'll give you a little update XD

Mm. Currently we are working on decorations.
We decided to go with summer theme, so we have some summer-ie items to go with it, and some back drops to boost the summer mood.

I won't give you details, cuz it will be nice surprise when you come see it >=3

We'll be going on refreshment hunt soon. So if there's anything particular you'd like to request/ want us to consider it when we are shopping, it is time to do so.

Aaand, little details like, a stamp to stamp on people hand is ready. I carved it myself. XD and we got caution tape to put around the inaccessible place.

Mmm. That's about it. Any questions? Feel free to ask.
The forum is kinda dead, lol.

- Catherine [Allin]

Jo_Canadian
10-31-2005, 10:43 PM
its good to know that things are running smoothly

jiyoon
10-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Things are going slow, but going well.
So there haven't been much post to post on the forum.

Well, now I'll give you a little update XD

Mm. Currently we are working on decorations.
We decided to go with summer theme, so we have some summer-ie items to go with it, and some back drops to boost the summer mood.

I won't give you details, cuz it will be nice surprise when you come see it >=3

We'll be going on refreshment hunt soon. So if there's anything particular you'd like to request/ want us to consider it when we are shopping, it is time to do so.

Aaand, little details like, a stamp to stamp on people hand is ready. I carved it myself. XD and we got caution tape to put around the inaccessible place.

Mmm. That's about it. Any questions? Feel free to ask.
The forum is kinda dead, lol.

- Catherine [Allin]

I called party packagers. They're going to give me a quote by the end of this week, so it should be good. ^_^

Allin
10-31-2005, 10:47 PM
I called party packagers. They're going to give me a quote by the end of this week, so it should be good. ^_^

Weee by the end of the week? that's good time.

Thanks thanks Adri~~ me love you XD :heart:

jiyoon
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Weee by the end of the week? that's good time.

Thanks thanks Adri~~ me love you XD :heart:

Even better, it's going to be probably pretty cheap for it all, including shipping. Shipping shouldn't take long either. If they can't ship it to the dance, I'll go pick it up myself. I have a party packagers near my house lol.

Kohana
11-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Even better, it's going to be probably pretty cheap for it all, including shipping. Shipping shouldn't take long either. If they can't ship it to the dance, I'll go pick it up myself. I have a party packagers near my house lol.

so you guys did go with packagers after all... cool I indirectly helped :P...lol

jiyoon
11-01-2005, 10:23 AM
so you guys did go with packagers after all... cool I indirectly helped :P...lol
Of course you helped, my dearest refreshment wench!

^_^

Killmesarah
11-01-2005, 10:53 PM
I think I might go to this now. SO like.... is it gonna be cool?? I hope so...
Anyone that knows the area reccommend a hotel that nearby??(cheap, yet good)

jiyoon
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
*cries* Packagers is too expensive > O< I guess that's scrapped then...

Jo_Canadian
11-02-2005, 09:42 AM
arent there some other party stores in and about your areas.

jiyoon
11-02-2005, 07:59 PM
arent there some other party stores in and about your areas.

I'd look, but I'm so swamped with work and midterms! I'm going to try and look sometime next week, cos this week just isn't good @ _@

Jo_Canadian
11-03-2005, 04:37 PM
there are a couple party stores in and about my area, do you want me to see what i can find out, tell me what i would need a quote on and i will ask around. i think i can pull some strings to some people who owe me some favors

jiyoon
11-03-2005, 08:10 PM
it's ok~~ don't worry about it too much... *needs stress-free environment* T_T So much work... everything is piling up > O< ~~

Allin
11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
it's ok~~ don't worry about it too much... *needs stress-free environment* T_T So much work... everything is piling up > O< ~~

If you have so much work, then you don't have to do this Adri, really o_o
I don't want you loveliness to be stressed.

and Kristin said she can get 96 lei with $25 dollars, tax included.
I think that's the best we can get now. o_O

Jo-Canadian, if you think you can get better deal than that,
feel free to ask other places for us.
Our budget is no more than $25 [tax included] for 100 leis.

Thank you all for your help.

- Catherine [Allin]

Jo_Canadian
11-03-2005, 11:26 PM
ill check and see what i can manage, if i can find something better i will let you know

Allin
11-06-2005, 09:23 PM
REMINDER!

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK OF THE REQUEST!

GIVE US YOUR REQUESTS BEFORE NOVEMBER 12TH!!

We didn't get as much requests as we hoped.
Well, if you want to hear something, you gotta tell us what you wanna hear.

Up to 2 songs per person can be requested.

Get it in before the request closes.
The contact is of course, at ckhalloweendance@gmail.com

I remind you, THERE WILL BE NO ON-SITE REQUESTS!

GET THEM IN NOW.

- Catherine [Allin]

Jo_Canadian
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
im sorry i have yet been able to locate 100 lais under 25 dollars, i appologize

jiyoon
11-08-2005, 09:33 PM

I don't think we're gonna get a better price than that.

I don't know if there are any party warehouses around here. I'll check.

gahhhhhhh back to policy analysis.

T_T

Allin
11-08-2005, 10:27 PM

No no o_O
there is no need for you to appologize.

Thank you for looking.
And yes, don't work to hard for it. I think we'll go with the deal Kristin found.
Big thank you to Adri and Chris > 3</

- Catherine [Allin]

Kawaii Akina
11-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Yay! Just about 2 more weekends till the dance, right? Need to finish costume hehe ^^;; So lookng forward to this dance ^0^

Kaido Kaoru
11-09-2005, 12:55 AM
ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!!!

*RUNS AROUND AND SPAZES* DEAR GOD PLEASE HELP US!!!

*passes out*

And not only am I hyperventalating BECUZ of the dance.....but I decided at last minute to change my cosplay...

All my closest friends are trying to convince me to cosplay as either Luffy or Sanji.....*sighs* I was gonna be L (death note)...

NOW...I have to make Luffy's shirt....
(quote from my friend: Jeebuz woman cosplay as someonethat has you attitude! stop cosplaying serious ppl!!!")

LUFFY!?!?!?! I dunno if I should feel flatered or insulted?!
What do you think!?
lol

but Luffy it is.....

Can't wait to "act" like a COMPLETE fool!!!
(do you DARE say it comes naturally!!! :razz: )

well..I love you all and I hope to see you all then!!!

@_@ *random spaz*

~*~kaido~*~

LoneWanderer
11-09-2005, 01:45 AM

jiyoon
11-09-2005, 08:54 AM
I REALLY hope I can still come

Arg

SCHOOL IS MASSACRING ME AHHH

bahahha wait until you have two essays worth 30% an 35% of your final and a quiz worth 10% due on the same day

-_-; I pulled an allnighter on Sunday night just to finish them.

jiyoon
11-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I just finished my 72 hours of sleeplessness

yay for speed and pills^^

Chris, this is highly inappropriate content.

Please refrain from speaking about drugs.

Post has been reported

Uzumaki83
11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I just finished my 72 hours of sleeplessness

yay for speed and pills^^

You know what Chris? There are times & places you can share that personal medical condition, but announcing it on a site where anyone can look through it IS NOT it. Even if you're joking or not.
It's great that you managed to finish up your assignment(s), but the rest wasn't necessary. Hope this won't change how people think of you, but it's for your safety. Some people won't take it lightly as you did.

Kohana
11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
la la la la la..... how about those Raptors?....

anyhow, I'm just starting my cosplay for the dance now... I dont know if I'll even be able to finish it.... :( .... awww, sadness... anyway its only two weeks away...

oh yeah are you all going to have glowsticks available there?

Bubba T
11-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Well hopefully Raptors will make it to playoffs this year lol. Wow so dance is like practically 2 weeks away huh. Time sure flies.

I'll either be wearin my Scar or Chad for this one.

jiyoon
11-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Anyway....

I'm thinking of bringing someone with me to the dance... I'm not sure yet >.>;

Anyway, hope everyone finishes.

I hate it when things like this happen randomly >.>;