PDA

View Full Version : Planning a group for '06?

gally2003
10-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Okay so I know '05 just finished, but I figured it's never to early to begin putting together a group for the next year. After all the more time you give your self the more time you have to perfect your costume and work out things with your group right? So I thought it would be useful to post a thread to find group members for next year.

Me, I'm planning a Dir en grey group of five, most likely from the Raison De'tre PV. I'll be going as Kaoru, and I have too friends who will most likely be in the group but I don't yet know who they will be going as. So right now I'm looking for two people who would be interested in dressing as Kyo, Die, Toshiya or Shinya from Raison De'tre :dance:

Link_Harkanian
10-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Once again, we'll be the full Zelda group, this time with a Ganondorf, and hopefully a Sheik. Possibly doing a Ninja Burger group as well. ^^

TinyVioletStar
10-10-2005, 12:03 AM
ive asked around, and were goona do a huge angelic layer mob.. it will be fun xD

Cait_Sith
10-14-2005, 03:13 AM
ive asked around, and were goona do a huge angelic layer mob.. it will be fun xD

o-o If ya need a Ranga at all, I will be doin her costume~!

But, on another note, I am pretty sure I have a Din to go with my Farore from Oot. We figured it would be fun to make the costume as we imagined them. ^^;; Hope no one confuses us for the MKR girls! ^^;;:thumbsup:

DarkWolfNite
10-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, it's been a while since I posted. Anywhoo, is anybody going as anybody from any of the Final Fanatsy games? If so send me a PM, we can put together an insane little group, or big, depends upon how many peoples respond. Tootles =D

Lady Neese
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok this may sound dumb but what is Oot?

Pink Spider
10-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Woo. I'm going to have a group this year actually. A Gravitation one to be exact. Not sure what else is planned.....I'm still trying to get a FFVII group together. BUT! I shall be in the one and only mob....the FMA mob. xD

Eurobeat King
10-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Woo. I'm going to have a group this year actually. A Gravitation one to be exact. Not sure what else is planned.....I'm still trying to get a FFVII group together. BUT! I shall be in the one and only mob....the FMA mob. xD

We have to do Dead or Alive again next year, as our gathering this year was quite good, so you have to bring Hitomi again for NDK 2006! :)

Ditto
10-17-2005, 10:38 PM
me and a couple of friends are going to cosplay, but no theme in it..... so not a group cosplay, just a group of cosplayers. I'm doing Cloud again nxt year, and I'm bringing at least one other costume I'll make this year. I'll probably make a Link this year and take it with me, but expect cloud to come back improved! so if anyone really needs/wants a cloud for their group I'm most likly up for it.
-Ditto out

Cait_Sith
10-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Ok this may sound dumb but what is Oot?

*Dramatic music!* The legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time^_^

SadstcAnglFuji
04-11-2006, 01:09 AM
BERSERK group anyone?

Lady Neese
04-11-2006, 01:06 PM
I'll have a new Leifang for the Dead or Alive shoot. ^.^

JL_Toshee
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
I'll be having some sorta j-rock group. Probably dir en grey

lilacwire
04-12-2006, 12:34 PM
And I'll have a new Ayane for the DOA shoot too. =D

Totchikun
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow, there si gonna be a lot of Diru this year! I'm in a Dir en Grey group this year as well...probably Myaku.

Pink Spider
04-12-2006, 06:40 PM
I thought I'd post! Wee! Well...looks like I have a ton of outfits going on!
I'm brining a good amount of my copstumes and see what I'll wear. Hee hee...but, as far as new outfits go...

Aeris from KH2
Tohma from Gravitation
Wallmarket Aeris from FFVII
Kagura from Furuba
Anna from Tekken 5
Hitomi from DOA...the camo one...

And there will be returning ones as well, like Default Aeris and Edward. I dunno exactly when I'm wearing what. Alot of these are just for specific photoshoots. I think I'm crazy....but it depends on how I feel...having options is good! xD

Roronoa_Zoro
04-12-2006, 07:11 PM
If my comission is done by then (and I'm still in Colorado), I just may go to Nan Desu Kan this year as Zoro. Would be cool to get together with a One Piece crew and cause general terror and dismay along the Grand Line. ^_^

narutomoto
04-13-2006, 08:39 PM
I am planning on doing a "TIME-JUMP" Naruto group. I have a Kakashi, Sakura, and Sai/Sasuke in the group already. What I was wondering was if there might be a Naruto (especially) or anyone else, who would wish to join my group. Please feel free to PM if you are intersted.

And sis Pink Spider listed what she would be doing, I'll just go ahead and do the same and see if anyone who is putting a group together needs me: ^_^

-Abarai Renji (Bleach) (Already in a group)
-Uchiha Sasuke/ Sai (Naruto) (Already in a group)
-Kazuki (Busou Renkin)(probability)
-Rabi (D. Gray Man)(probability)
-Magatsu (Blade of the Immortal)(probability)

Kakashi101
04-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey there narutomoto! :toothy: *la wink*

I'm still talking to a friend who's doing a time jump Temari for me...but I might not do it, seeings how it would be my third costume. Unless anyone here is doing time jump Garra?

Pink Spider
04-15-2006, 09:22 PM
I completely forgot to add Rukia! I can't believe that xD I may not do Hitomi...because..I dunno...depends if I can get a friend to drag Kasumi..and if I really want to go through with the whole "Is that your costume?" thing. I'd much rather be somebody recognizable. I may also be dragged into a Jrock cosplay with people..I dunno. I may also just do the costume contest. I'll never be able to trim my skit down to the requirements. It's kind of a shame...that the outfits we made for just the skirt have to go to waste...Hopefully I can work something out.

Lady Neese
04-16-2006, 04:28 AM
I've got my older/time jump Tenten done and I may possibly get a Hinata done for my friend. What day were you planning on wearing them? Maybe we could get together a photoshoot. I believe NDK was going to try to block off the lower section of the bar (that kind of the loungy area to the left of the Deer and entrance to the bar) for costumers to take pictures out of the way of hallway traffic.

Katie

narutomoto
04-21-2006, 05:11 PM
I would love for you guys to join our group of.... 1, 2, 3, 4 people so far. We need to find us some more time jump people.... because we need some more people in our time-jump group.

We need other people except for the following:

Naruto
Sasuke
Sakura
Kakashi
Yamato (maybe)
Hinata

I was planning for us to do it Friday or maybe for a short time on Saturday. Who knows... But that's the plan so far. Hope that works for you guys. ^_^

Kakashi101
04-21-2006, 05:22 PM
If it will be Friday, I'm in!

Die-kun
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Nnnn, let's see here.

A Fruits Basket group, with EVERYONE -.- I'll be Akito.
Probably a few various J-rock groups. We'll see, depends if i can get the time off of work and school...

Tenkage-chan
04-23-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm going to be doing DOA this year. I'll also be going as Ayane (white dress & ninja version, if I can manage it) and my friend will be going as Kasumi. I'll need to get somebody to watch my table at Artists' Row, tho...

lilacwire
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm glad to hear there will be DOA people - we'll definitely have another photoshoot. I'm doing Ayane as well - C4 from the new game.

Tenkage-chan
04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Sounds great! I'm really looking forward to it (even if it's only April), it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!:)

Lady Neese
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm in for the Naruto group. ^.^

Yay! DOA I'll definatly have my new Lei-fang costume done.

Katie

narutomoto
05-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Anyway, I would really like to get more peoples for my TJ Naruto Group. I am really looking for a Gaara and a Neji just because. If you are interested and are going to be doing either or someone I have not mentioned, please PM yeah?

sparkle147
05-20-2006, 08:36 PM
An Inner Sakura would be fun too.

sakurachan61123
05-20-2006, 11:47 PM
I have a Naruto group, a Bleach Group, I might join the DOA group, an FFAC group, a KH2 group, a Tekken 5 group, and I think that's it. I'll post later if I have any other ones . . . if anybody can find some good pictures of the costumes that Kasumi has in DOA4 . . . and send them to me . . . I would love you forever.

FilthyWarumono
06-07-2006, 05:36 AM
Ho dang everybody and their grandma really is Diru this year -_-;;;

Ah well. Myaku/Cage/Macabre ^ ^b

keikana
06-12-2006, 07:11 PM
If my comission is done by then (and I'm still in Colorado), I just may go to Nan Desu Kan this year as Zoro. Would be cool to get together with a One Piece crew and cause general terror and dismay along the Grand Line. ^_^

DUDE. You look like an awesome Zoro, and I've got a big One Piece group going. At this point it looks like we're wearing them on Friday, but here's who we've got so far:

Luffy (me)
Nami
Zoro (times two if you wanna join us)
Sanji
Usopp
Chopper
Robin
Vivi
Tashigi

We would LOVE to have you, and any other One Piece characters you can rangle up for that Friday :3!

keikana
06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
AHEM. My (tentative) Cosplay groups for '06:

One Piece
Chrono Trigger
Samurai Champloo
Silent Hill....? (I might bring my Heather costume to show my dear friend Jules, and apparently she and some other folks have SH cosplays going. YUSH!)

If all goes well, I'll be bringing Luffy, Lucca, Mugen, and Heather to '06. Now I've just got to figure out which days I'm wearing WHAT. Crikey! <3
And lemme know if you've got a cosplay from any of those series/games! We'd love to have ya! x3

-Meggie

CrimsonOtaku
06-29-2006, 07:03 PM
For '06 I'm currently signed up for a Zelda group. I'm also bringing Wizard (Angelic Layer) and Maes Hughes (FMA). If they're needed for a group, let me know.

yng_tr
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I was wonderin, do we have to have a group in order to cosplay?

narutomoto
06-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Hahahahaha no no no silly. We, who have groups, just make them so that we will feel belonging... OR to just have our friends be with us/make friends. You can go solo or with just one partner.

Either way. This grouping thing is just a way to get together with people who share interests similar to yours and walk around NDK or do stuff together at NDK (photo shoots, shop, play, sing together, etc.)

yng_tr
06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
Oh... Thats great i can go solo!!! But I dont have an Enzai Group yet. :(

Tenkage-chan
06-30-2006, 09:30 PM
So far, I'm planning on joining the DOA, DOAX, and FFVII:AC groups... Anybody wanna join me for Fire Emblem cosplay? Anybody? *peers* Hello? *echoes, wind whistles*

Rommie_Chan557
07-02-2006, 01:48 AM
A few of my friends and myself have plans for a FF8 and KH3 group. We're all cosplay newbs, and exempting myself and one other, this will be the entire group's first con. Needless to say, we're going as a group for the sense of belonging...^_^

For KH2, we have a Kairi, Namine, Roxas, Leon, Aerith, and an Olette, and for FF8 we've got Selphie, Quistis, Zell, Squall, Ellone, and Rinoa. Ten out of the twelve costumes will mostly be constructed by me, and I'm almost halfway done. I fear I will run out of time and be forced to hurry through them, sacrificing accuracy and quality to have them done in time for the con. >_<

Lady Neese
07-02-2006, 02:36 AM
My goodness 10 costumes!! @.@ Get some of them to help, the least they can do is help cut and pin, it's their costumes. Tell them it won't get done (right) in time unless they get the tushes in gear. You can do it Rommie!!!!!

Katie

sakurachan61123
07-02-2006, 03:13 AM
lol. I know how you feel Rommie. Just keep chugging at it . . . .you'll get it done eventually. I'm doing mine whenever I can . . . I don't work so I have ALLLLL day . . . .

Kakashi101
07-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Ten....ten!?! Lady Neese has been out done! I did not think it could have happened.

ashleyohtori
07-02-2006, 06:33 PM
A few of my friends and myself have plans for a FF8 and KH3 group. We're all cosplay newbs, and exempting myself and one other, this will be the entire group's first con. Needless to say, we're going as a group for the sense of belonging...^_^

For KH2, we have a Kairi, Namine, Roxas, Leon, Aerith, and an Olette, and for FF8 we've got Selphie, Quistis, Zell, Squall, Ellone, and Rinoa. Ten out of the twelve costumes will mostly be constructed by me, and I'm almost halfway done. I fear I will run out of time and be forced to hurry through them, sacrificing accuracy and quality to have them done in time for the con. >_<

My Holy Goodness! You need to teach your friends how to sew. :angel2:

sakurachan61123
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
rawr. Now I have ten of my own costumes to do plus a bunch of other people's costumes which really annoys me. I think I have four of the costumes that I need done though.

Lady Neese
07-03-2006, 10:06 PM
You can do it Sakurachan!!! wow I sound like Naruto... Anywho gambate! I feel your guys pain, really I do. ^.^ But they'll be so cool when they're done, don't forget the pictures! ~.^

Rommie_Chan557
07-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I do need to teach them to sew! lol. One of my friends has been really good with helping me with construction, but usually when I have time to work on them, I can't get ahold of her. I've been putting my own costumes off, regretably, becuase I'm leaving for college in a month, and won't have my firends at my disposal for try-ons. But they've all been pretty good about pinning, hand stitching, etc so far, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

On the bright side, at least I'm not making them two weeks before NDK, like I did last year. I only had two to do then, though, so it was much easier. They were pretty simplistic as well.

sakurachan61123
07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
sewing is actually pretty easy . . . it's just time consuming. I guess you kinda have to have a logical brain to put patterns together though . . . which would make sense. . . . but yes. making a bajillion costumes cuts into my own costume time *sad face* I hope you get everything you need to get done though Rommie. I don't think I will.

Kanzaya
07-15-2006, 07:46 PM
I have no group to run with this year, any one need a 5ft chick?:angel:

Tenkage-chan
07-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Kanzaya: If you happen to have a ninja uniform, you're more than welcome to join up with us random ninjas! Heck, even just a mask and a black outfit'll do.