PDA

View Full Version : .hack//SIGN Cosplay?

AmuroRay
02-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone is going to do any .hack//SIGN costumes for any cons coming up. I might do Kinkan of The Scarlet Knights even though I'm already doing Elk the Wave Master from the video game.I want to hear wat costumes or characters you like.
If you need any reference shots just ask cause i got a lotta pics and stuff.
Alright Talk to ya all later!!

--------Amuro

Tenshi
02-01-2003, 10:58 PM
<--- doing BT for Katsucon ^_^

Shadra D
02-01-2003, 11:02 PM
OH! If you cosplay as Ginkan, my friend will be so happy! He really likes Ginkan and he feels the poor guy is underappreciated (well, he is.. n.n; )

I have plans to cosplay as Shugo from .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu, my friend is going as Mireiyu.. and Rosiel started her Balmung costume, and Katan is going as Reki... to what con? No clue.

Ushicon saw quite a few .hack cosplayers, actually. AWA had some as well. It's getting quite popular. I have all the stuff to make an Elk costume, but.. I decided I didn't want to go as him n.n; Oh well.

Good luck!

Rosiel
02-01-2003, 11:03 PM
I am making a .Hack//Sign costume... As for what con... I'm giving myself about 3-4 months to complete the costume. No definite plans.

I think I lost my mind, but friends have been cheering me on as I fall deeper and deeper into cosplaying insanity so it's not all my fault. X__X

And since Shad spilled the beans... yes I am going as Balmung with Katan as Reki.

SailorMo
02-01-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm planning to have Subaru done for Otakon...

Pendrell
02-02-2003, 12:43 AM
I'm a soon-to-be Subaru... well, by the time AWA 9 rolls around, anyway. ^^;
Since I'm anticipating a sharp increase in .hack costumers due to its NA release, I've been weighing the options of making Subaru's alternately-colored outfit... or, uhm... well, the other's somewhat more obscure, but for anyone who remembers episode 19.. specifically the end... XP I will eventually create that somewhat, erm, roughed-over version of Subaru.
There's a possible BT and a few Tsukasas planned for AWA already, too. ^^
What we need around here is a few good Soras...

Balmung! XD Rosiel, that's wonderful! I admire your courage to make a crazy costume like that. 0o;
There's only one other person who's even considering it so far, I think, and he doesn't sound very optimistic about it. ^^;

Shadra D
02-02-2003, 01:40 AM
>And since Shad spilled the beans... yes I am going as Balmung with Katan as Reki.

You spilled them first! u.u; But what good's a secret if you ... um.. if the.. uh..... ...... c_c; right. ._.;

I'm still waiting for a Terashima Ryoko cosplayer o_o I'm surprised nobody's said they'll do her costume yet. I suppose since she's not a major character.

Nine
02-02-2003, 06:29 AM
I cosplayed BT!!

http://forums.cosplay.com/costume.php?action=detail&cosid=597

I need to fix the hangy down thing, get a brown belt and make the pendant thingy to hang from the turtle neck... I also ripped the back of the skirt -_-;;; :( I like the costume though! XD

Rosiel
02-02-2003, 09:44 AM
> You spilled them first!

*thinks fast* Yes but not in this thread!

> Balmung! XD Rosiel, that's wonderful! I admire your courage to make a crazy costume like that. 0o;

Thanks but from my POV, it's not courage, it's /insanity/. *laughs*
Like Shadra mentioned I already started on it, and need to go pick up a few more rolls of sheet metal before I can actually start his armor. X__X And I need to order a few more pounds of feathers, I don't have enough left for two more wings.

Go me and my stupid ideas!

Shadra D
02-02-2003, 01:35 PM
>Like Shadra mentioned I already started on it, and need to go pick up a few more rolls of sheet metal before I can actually start his armor.

Weren't you going to try Amethyst Angel's method? o.o You'll die in the sheet metal! O_O;;;;

And don't make the wings until I show you how to do it without killing yourself! *dies* the armor will be bad enough with the pauldrons (you'll need to have it all supporting itself, but either way, it will be heavy), but you don't need backpack strap wings to kill your shoulders *diiies* Pyuu o_o

I should work on my own cosplay.. *kicks Wakaba* I need scissors!!

Lynx
02-02-2003, 09:48 PM
If I have the time, I'm going to make Maha and Tsukasa for Otakon.

Shadra D
02-02-2003, 11:02 PM
There was a Maha at AWA, actually, which surprised me o_o it was pretty good, too. I'd like to see more!

Hee hee.. like kittypeople, do ya, Lynx? n____n

Lynx
02-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Ooh! I'd love to see pictures if anyone knows where I can find one of Maha at AWA. Kitties? Well, I'm more of a canine fan but you'd never know it from my costumes<g>

Shadra D
02-03-2003, 02:48 AM
*giggles* Well, I have confidence that you can do an amazing job o__o I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to Otakon, but I hope to have Shugo done by AX, possibly A-Kon, but.. hmm.. are you going to AWA or Nekocon next year? I'd love to meet up with you sometime!

As for the AWA Maha, there's one pic on Fansview o.o

Rosiel
02-03-2003, 10:56 AM
> You'll die in the sheet metal! O_O;;;;

All the silver parts will be aluminum and the gold will be copper. His armor is shiny metal (not worn, he is a videogame character who is actually a videogame character, not meant to look real), and hence only actual metal can have that look... no metallic paint will do.

The blue/black parts of the armor will be plastic though. I'm not /that/ insane yet.

> And don't make the wings until I show you how to do it without killing yourself!

Well my problem is more how to hide the harness under armor. O_O I have figured out all the joints without the wings, but adding the wings is a major problem at this moment.

> but either way, it will be heavy

Especially made out of metal, yes, I am aware of it.
But I am a perfectionist.
Watch Reki haul me onstage. ^__^

Rinkun
02-03-2003, 12:50 PM
I plan on Aura from .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet for Otakon ^____^

.Hacker
02-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Awww..Rinkun! I love Aura! ^_^

I want in as Shuugo too or Reki but maybe Sanjuro...hmmm....

Shadra D
02-03-2003, 03:10 PM
>Watch Reki haul me onstage. ^__^

Or like UdeDen 4, push you off *cackles*

Well, my friend, if you are truly insane enough to do it.... By all means, go for it n_________n

As for the wings, you can hide the spine under your clothing. It's not a harness, really, it's more like a corset that will secure it underneath your clothing o.o I shooow you! O_O

And I was horribly amused to find out my friend did 'Ghetto Aura' cosplay at Ushicon *DIES!!* She had a purple wig and used hotel bedsheets to be //SIGN Aura.. It's hilarious!

(LMAO, if you do it, do a non-15 minute version *dies*)

AGHHH!! I want to see a Sanjuro! Nobody ever does Sanjuro, but he's so cool >D >D

BUT! If you -do- go as Shugo, I want to gather as many as are there and do a bunch of synchronized Shugodancing (watch episode 3 to see the infamous 'Shugodance' He does it in the background.. it's by far the funniest thing I've ever seen in an anime x____X)

Pendrell
02-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Pssst. Lynx.
*points* (http://www.icosplay.com/awa2k2/awa2002.html)
There are a couple of pics on this page near the bottom... although it looks like icosplay.com is temporarily down... eh, I'll attach the one I've got saved.

Eleryth
02-05-2003, 03:49 PM
'allo - just found the forums, and thought it would be interesting! Some friends and I cosplayed .hack//SIGN at CNA in Toronto, Canada, in Aug last summer (02). It wasn't the best convention, but the costumes were a lot of fun. So far, I personally think that BT is my favorite costume, and I want to wear it again at Anime North (Toronto, May 16-18, 2003). I have no pics up, but check out the costumes at:

www.geocities.com/oselle_the_platypus/Cosplay.html
http://www.tokyoboom.com/Kisa/Finished.html

For the skit, go here:
http://blue-requiem.freeservers.com/cosplay/cn2002_skit.html

And for the conreport, covered by our bud, go here:
http://www.stillvisions.com/events/CNA2002/CNA1.htm

Hope you enjoy! Feedback is welcomed!

~e

stillvisions
02-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Eleryth

And for the conreport, covered by our bud, go here:
http://www.stillvisions.com/events/CNA2002/CNA1.htm

~e [/B]

Glad you enjoyed the report :)

That and I do have the remnants of the CNA photos kicking around. Email me at some time for the details...

Oh, and hi everyone, sorry about the improper intro post...

Shadra D
02-07-2003, 01:34 AM
@@ Surprise!!!

My friend, who cosplayed as Elk last... um.. last A-Kon, I think, has remade her costume and is sending it to me to wear so I have enough costumes for Katsucon ^^;; I was going to make that costume, and never did (even though I bought everything to do it with @@;;; )

@@; I wonder, who else will have a .hack costume at Katsu?

Benda
02-10-2003, 01:39 AM
I'm Going to be Cosplaying Aura For Anime Expo. I'm almost done with the costume all I need to do now is Sew it together. ^-^ But.... It doesn't look so little girlish. lol..... its skin tight.... but thats okay I don't mind. I think it will be fun anyway.

Shadra D
02-10-2003, 02:03 AM
Bueee... for everyone doing .hack cosplay at Katsucon, did we want to meet somewhere? @@; I just realized that nobody thought to announce a meeting place and time, if at all ^^; maybe I'll just wander around, or you can find me at the Artist's Alley table and I should be in costume, save for a few times I'll be in another costume ^.^;

Jibrille
02-10-2003, 10:43 AM
I love all the .hack goodness!
^_^

i will have Tsukasa done for Animazement if it kills me.
worst case scenario i have it done for otakon.

and i may have some other characters with me too but i am not sure, cosplay is hectic at the moment! O.o

^^;

Tenshi
02-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Shadra D, when are you wearing Elk? I plan to be in BT Saturday afternoon. I'd love to get a pic ^^.

Nietsche
02-10-2003, 12:44 PM
I am tempted by Sanjuro..hehe...and true Shadrad, he does have that BunChuu-ness to him....

Shadra D
02-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Sanjuroooo ^o^

And.. I will be wearing Elk all day Saturday when I'm not wearing Fina with Celine o.o I don't know when that is, exactly, but I'll have to see n_n; otherwise you can just find me and change real fast and we can get a photo ^o^

j-chan
02-13-2003, 07:21 PM
jibrille~! i hope to have tsukasa done by animazement too! up closer to the end of may, we have to message each other, check on progress, and (hopefully!) set up a meeting! ;3

mind you, my progress is only about 10-15% so far. high school can be so taxing sometimes...

oh! and awa-people: hopefully i can attend! it's all a matter of getting in touch with my (not-so) local anime club & seeing if i can hitch a ride/crash in a room. plus getting permission from my parents. we'll just have to see.

blarh- i'm also a bit tempted to do sora. he's so... interesting. XD; plus i think it'd be fun to hop around a con going, "py~on!" alot. hehe.

Pendrell
02-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Yesss! I hope you can come to AWA, j-chan. Especially if you do Sora. XP There's gonna be a .hack photo shoot at some point, nyo. There'll be a few Tsukasas and a possible Balmung, depending on whether he can manage to finish the costume and retain his sanity in the process. 0_0;

Aer
02-15-2003, 12:27 AM
I am planning to be BT at this year's Otakon. Should be interesting =P

AmuroRay
02-18-2003, 10:49 PM
I'll be at AX in my Elk costume which i am redoing because it was my first and only costume.heh. I am planning a gathering at AX for all .hack cosplayers if anyone is interested. More info is on the AX message board under Cosplay Chatter at www.Anime-Expo.org . I have quite a few people for sure but still need more so come on people cosplay as .hack characters and go to my gathering at AX!

EvilMoogleQueen
02-18-2003, 11:47 PM
I wish I could dress my litlle sister up as Subaru... she looks like her!

But its too difficult for me to make...

peaseblossom
02-19-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm doing Black Rose or Mimiru. Haven't decided yet, but the costumes are almost exactly the same, just different colouring. Definately for AX. Possibly for ACen and Akon.

Dark Vision
02-19-2003, 01:06 PM
AX .hack cosplay, there should be a good number. The character designs are excellent. I should be there ready to go.

Natsume
02-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Wahh... I want to be Tsukasa... But I am too poor to buy material...

Shadra D
02-19-2003, 11:23 PM
I'll definitely be in costume at AX, but not Elk ^^; hopefully I can get my Shugo costume done.. Though you know.. I REALLY want to cosplay as Piroshi now ^o^ One day, one day..

Claireon
02-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Blahhh...

I just watched the first couple eps of the TV series and was seized by an absolute *need* to do Maho (Maha?). Of course I'll watch the whole thing before attempting. I have a slightly different idea of how I wanna make it from the person at AWA and from Lynx's style (well, what I gather of your style from your rockin' Lynx costume, of course :D).

But it seems like .hack is getting pretty big here... Hope it won't be overdone by the time I can do it, which'll be Anime Boston or Otakon, probably. Anyone else doing .hack at either of those? =^_^=

Kiko-chan
02-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Oi... my .hack costume for Otakon was going to be secret, but I guess I don't care anymore now that some other people have already mentioned it. Yep, I'm gonna be Maha. ^^ (and it's gonna be a darn good costume, too!) Some of my friends are planning to be Tsukasa, BT, and Sora, but we'll see if they actually do it. ^_^ ...... wow, I feel so un-special. At least I'll probably be the only Kaede there (Sunday costume).

Kiko-chan
02-27-2003, 11:39 PM
BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, Kaede is a very underappreciated character from Blue Seed (which is a very underappreciated show).

Claireon
02-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Mlehhhh....

Well, I just went and fell in love with a different costume. So I guess I'm abandoning the Maha idea. Have fun with it! ^_^ Wow, I need to slow down.

And I hereby declare a one-day waiting period before I announce any plans for making particular cosutmes. :p

HikaruShindo
02-28-2003, 09:44 AM
lol XD I cosplayed as Tsukasa at Katsucon.. but only for a few (2) hours Lmao! ^.^ only two people there took mah pic.. bandai being one of them *squee* but all is well. Im going to be going at Animazement here really soon!! *Can't wait* here's what to look for from me at AZ::

Eternal Sailor Uranus
Meryl Stryfe
Haru Glory (possibly)

^.^ Ill be cosplaying all three days! Wahuu XD Ill be the only girl character in the trigun group that Ill be in... *mwahaha* Ima soak u all the attention Lmao XD

as for Waaaay in the future when NekoCon rolls around.. Ill still be doing my eternal sailor uranus and will then have a Neptune with me *Double Squeee* ^0^ And also... Alex from Apocripha/0 *one of my fave fave FAVE chars!* Ill die once i get my costume finished @_@ *love me!!*

KuroBara
02-28-2003, 09:28 PM
A-20 from Episode 7 is on my really tentative maybe list. I just loved her!

http://roserevolution.com/photos/a20.jpg

edit: the picture should work now, I had to allow hotlinking for it

Mimiru 55
10-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Ok...This is a dumb question, but are YOU making the Elk costume? Because I REALLY WANT A MIMIRU OR BLACKROSE COSTUME FOR THIS COMING HALLOWEEN!!! I have looked ALL OVER different sites, and have not found anything! So PLEASE tell me if u know of anyone who has on or makes them! I REALLY REALLY WANT ONE!!!!!!

ladysubaru25
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Ok...This is a dumb question, but are YOU making the Elk costume? Because I REALLY WANT A MIMIRU OR BLACKROSE COSTUME FOR THIS COMING HALLOWEEN!!! I have looked ALL OVER different sites, and have not found anything! So PLEASE tell me if u know of anyone who has on or makes them! I REALLY REALLY WANT ONE!!!!!!

Ok, first I'll apologize for thread-rezzing, but I was snooping around the boards looking for threads on .hack cosplayers (still trying to recruit myself a Crim cosplayer... c'mon! Why don't more guys cosplay as Crim?? Is it the bare chest??? :eeek: ) Anyway, I and found this post... and thought I could be of some help.

Mimiru, I was planning on doing a female Heavy-Blade costume for myself (but unfortunately I could not quite afford the gym membership... I mean, this is a *skimpy* costume, and those extra 15 pounds ain't going to come off my old body easily!) so I figured out a plan to make one. And since I'm not going to make it, I'll share my ideas with you!

It would not be too difficult to make... All you need to do is get a backless, strapless bra and modify if with either fabric paint or material and some sort of facing (or that craft-foam stuff would work well) for the breastplate. Underneath, you just need to get a black sports bra and take off one of the straps (sewing the rest into place.) The breastplate can be hand-sewed right to the sports bra. The bottom armor-peices can be made of plastic (or, the aforementioned craft foam) and attached to a belt. At least that how was how I planned on doing it... the belt I got cost me a buck! :bigtu: Two panels of material can be sewn directly to a pair of short leggings or sheer black pantyhose (if you're doing Mimiru- long black leggings painted with the rose pattern can be used for BlackRose) and worn under the armor/belt for her "skirt". The most difficult thing I can think of would be the elbow armor. If anyone has any good ideas for that, please, chime in. Black boots (for Mimiru) are easy to find, BlackRose's would be a little more difficult. I was planning on using silver combat-boots that I had decorated with white electrical tape... but since I'll never make this costume anyway, I'll need to find another use for these *great* shoes! BlackRose would require a wig or pink-ish hairspray... and most girls with medium length hair could style it like Mimiru. Oh, and don't forget the body paint! :) You could cheat on the sword and make it out of cardboard, duct tape and a yardstick...

Anyway, that's just my opinions on making the costume. Since there is not much *to* the costume, it could be constructed pretty easily IMO.

Catpaw
10-23-2003, 08:46 AM
*Pokes in, but ends up falling* AH! OOF! *Gets up* Uh... I plan to do Elk/Tsuska, Black Rose, Balmung... I think that's it... I plan to make props too... *Brushes dust off self* & maybe a CMV... who knows... *Walks off*

Selphie_fairy
10-23-2003, 06:01 PM
i plan on doing subaru, i dunno when ill finish or even start but hopefully itll be done by next year. I <3 subaruuu and pink bunnie is goin gto be my tsukasa whether she likes it or not XD

ladysubaru25
10-24-2003, 12:16 AM
i plan on doing subaru, i dunno when ill finish or even start but hopefully itll be done by next year. I <3 subaruuu and pink bunnie is goin gto be my tsukasa whether she likes it or not XD

Hey- Starwind told me about Pink Bunnie's awesome Tsukasa costume in another thread (where we were discussing .hack csotumes...) and I saw her picture last night. It is an *amazing* costume! She makes a really good Tsukasa. I saw a few really good Tsukasa's at the last con I went to. Still looking for a Crim, though. ^_~

A hint for Subaru: construct your *own wings*. I definitely should have done that instead of taking the easy road and modifying pre-made ones. I may work on this over the winter along with my "Episode-19-Flashback-Subaru" costume for next year (I'm prob. gettting my fabric for that one tomorrow. I'm making the effort *not* to procrastinate this time!)

ryu776
10-24-2003, 09:03 PM
im going to the Ax this year in anaheam cali hehe ill go as Tsukasa or Kite if any of you are going ill see ya there

By the way names ryan

ladysubaru25
10-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Ive been typecast, "Hey! Anya has no shame! Let HER wear the armored bikini!" Mimiru is super cute and I doooo lub the Idea of a giant sword, but finding a gigantic ripped dude to paint blue and stick a paige boy wig on is proving difficult, as my own dear boyfriend has said he will absoloutely not go bare chested and mini-skirted guy *sigh*

LOL- I feel your pain...

Like I said, I'm having trouble conning any of my male friends into cosplaying Crim w/ me, and at least *he* wears *PANTS!* :rofl:

And as for being a huge dork for photo-ops, don't feel bad. I'm right with you on that one. One of the best parts about cosplaying is the photo-ops...

ladysubaru25
10-26-2003, 12:23 AM
or, uhm... well, the other's somewhat more obscure, but for anyone who remembers episode 19.. specifically the end... XP I will eventually create that somewhat, erm, roughed-over version of Subaru.

That thought has crossed my mind as well...
I was actually thinking that instead of "retiring" my current Subaru costume when I get tired of it (or once I make my pink one) that I would just destroy it, and cosplay as "Episode 19 Subaru." Only the true .hack junkies would get it...

What we need around here is a few good Soras...

Right on. I'd love to see a good Sora. (I'm watching the show right now, and Sora has some of the *best* lines! Not to mention one of the cooest hairstyles...)

I think I may have officially convinced someone I know to do a Balmung costume for next season. He's thinking of doing the Manga version though- with the feathered cape. It's a darn cool costume nonetheless. Balmung rocks my socks.

Now I'm just trying to think up a funny .hack cosplay skit.
Oh, the possibilities...

Pendrell
10-26-2003, 12:56 AM
That thought has crossed my mind as well...
I was actually thinking that instead of "retiring" my current Subaru costume when I get tired of it (or once I make my pink one) that I would just destroy it, and cosplay as "Episode 19 Subaru." Only the true .hack junkies would get it...

WHOOO! I'm glad to see new life suffused into this thread. XD

I'm still mulling over this idea of ye olde BeatUp!Subaru™.. after all, I've got to put my wig and axe to SOME use... :/ (you can peek in my gallery for the terrifically disappointing pink Subaru outfit I commissioned.. ~.~ )
Too bad I hadn't simply commished the blue version, then I could've shredded that sucker and mussed my wig a bit, and voila. :bigtu:

I absolutely love the character design, and I still want very badly to put all my accessories to use, so another Subaru costume may be on my agenda. ^^;;

LOL- I feel your pain...

Like I said, I'm having trouble conning any of my male friends into cosplaying Crim w/ me, and at least *he* wears *PANTS!*

:rofl: Why are they so afraid? It took me forever to find anyone willing to cosplay from .hack with me, and as luck would have it, my ONE male friend who was man enough to bare his chest to the world and well-funded enough to afford a costume decided he didn't like Crim at all. Hates the guy passionately. So no dice. XD

Fah. o.o As a sidenote, there'll be a few Balmungs popping up at AWA (my only local con)... seems like it's a popular costume of late, considering its difficulty. All the more reason to look forward to possibly another .hack costume from my camp. ^_^ Photo ops! Gimme a Sora and I'd be set. BeatUp!Subaru and Sora... <3 what a great photoshoot THAT would be. *lol*

ladysubaru25
10-26-2003, 01:52 AM
WHOOO! I'm glad to see new life suffused into this thread. XD

:bigtu: Good to hear that (as opposed to being flamed for thread-rezzing...) When it comes to talking about all things .hack, I'm all up ons...

I'm still mulling over this idea of ye olde BeatUp!Subaru™.. after all, I've got to put my wig and axe to SOME use... :/ (you can peek in my gallery for the terrifically disappointing pink Subaru outfit I commissioned.. ~.~ )

I was actually just snooping around your gallery, and the costume is not all that "disappointing" at all! You pull off the character much better that I did. I'm way too tall and NOT the right physical type...
BTW, I almost commissioned *my* costume at first, but when my "commission-ee" backed out, I sucked it up and did it from scratch. I'm re-doing parts of it over the winter as well as working on the pink version.

And, may I add, your wig and axe are da bomb!! Where did you find a wig that was such a perfect color? Mine is far too blue, but it was the closest thing I came across. (That, and it's a really high quality wig. I still like it a lot.)
And d*mn, girl, thats a sweet axe! I want to make one from scratch. Eventually. I took the easy road out on mine (due in part to both procrastination and poverty...) and just bought something that looked like it would "work" and painted it.

They are great accessories... by all means, put them to use! :D

Speaking of accessories, I bought myself new wings today. They're neat... and *really* tiny. I'm trying to figure out a way to rig them up. Any of you guys have experience working with spirit gum?? :eeek:

:rofl: Why are they so afraid? It took me forever to find anyone willing to cosplay from .hack with me, and as luck would have it, my ONE male friend who was man enough to bare his chest to the world and well-funded enough to afford a costume decided he didn't like Crim at all. Hates the guy passionately. So no dice. XD

:lost: OMG! How can you possibly hate Crim?? I admit, I'm a Bear girl myself (it's the Mel Gibson thing...) but Crim is a great character!!

I can kind of understand why guys would be afraid to "bear it all." It was downright frightening for me just to bear my midriff since I am *very* self conscious about my weight.

Fah. o.o As a sidenote, there'll be a few Balmungs popping up at AWA (my only local con)... seems like it's a popular costume of late, considering its difficulty. All the more reason to look forward to possibly another .hack costume from my camp. ^_^ Photo ops! Gimme a Sora and I'd be set. BeatUp!Subaru and Sora... <3 what a great photoshoot THAT would be. *lol*

YAY!! More Balmungs! Makes me *very* happy!

So, you're from Atlanta?? You should try to go to some of the Virginia con's too. Anime Mid Atlantic is in Richmond- further South in VA that Katsu or Neko... It's in May this year. On Memorial Day weekend, and the pre-reg. is really cheap. It's prob. still a really far drive from Atlanta though. We drive about 7 hours from the Philly area to go each year...

BeatUpSubaru and Sora *would* be a great photo op. If you do the beat-up costume, maybe you can talk someone into going as Kaochin!! (Then NO ONE except the true .hack junkies would know what the heck was going on! "A blonde Subaru-chick?? WTF??) LMAO...

Pendrell
10-26-2003, 03:12 AM
I was actually just snooping around your gallery, and the costume is not all that "disappointing" at all! You pull off the character much better that I did. I'm way too tall and NOT the right physical type...
BTW, I almost commissioned *my* costume at first, but when my "commission-ee" backed out, I sucked it up and did it from scratch. I'm re-doing parts of it over the winter as well as working on the pink version.

Wow. o.o Aah, admittedly I can't sew at all yet, so I had no choice but to commission. I feel like a bum around here, what with all the self-sufficient costumers. *l*

Where did you find a wig that was such a perfect color? Mine is far too blue, but it was the closest thing I came across. (That, and it's a really high quality wig. I still like it a lot.)

Well now, for the wig, I started out with a silver white Alicia the Clown style from witchwigs.com. ^^ It was long.. VERY long... so I handed it off to my favorite stylist up in Boston and got her to cut it for me. I had to cut in the bangs, though.. discovered it's not nearly as difficult as I thought to trim up a wig. Hooray! Not that I'd trust myself with cutting one entirely on my own. o.o *l*

I then proceeded to color it with Sharpies. Oh yeah, good times. Six hours' worth of meticulous scribbling with three Turquoise and two Blue markers produced that color. X) I styled it afterward with some variant of spiking product.. only to have it de-styled in the trunk of my car because none of my con-bound people would hold the poor thing or make room for it amidst the mass of humanity that filled my entire vehicle. o_O Cruelty! I naively thought it would be okay if I just set the wig snugly inbetween the luggage. Well, now it's a mess.. it wasn't styled in any of my pictures, either.. boo.

And d*mn, girl, thats a sweet axe! I want to make one from scratch.

:heart: Thank you! I love it to pieces. I lucked out and got my father to craft it for me from a proportional sketch I handed off to him. He had so much fun making it, too, so I don't feel incredibly guilty springing it on him like that. :D We got to go shopping for lumber-bits and chrome spraypaint.. whee. *l*

Speaking of accessories, I bought myself new wings today. They're neat... and *really* tiny. I'm trying to figure out a way to rig them up. Any of you guys have experience working with spirit gum?? :eeek:

Oooh. We need to get one of the other Subarus in here.. she attached her wings with spirit gum, I recall. Unfortunately, I have NO IDEA how that would go. ^^; Mine are on thin wires attached to the neckband, so they just hang about back there without touching me. ^^ Gotta mention that the venerable Dia made those for me... definitely one of the highlights of the costume. <3

And I agree about Crim. It boggles the mind, doesn't it? That friend of mine is the only person I've ever talked to who doesn't like Crim. Now, on the other hand, he loves Sora, so points for him there. :D

AAAHH! I have a friend in school in Virginia; we've been trying to figure out how to get ourselves to a con there. We discussed Katsucon and Kazecon, I think.. this Anime Mid-Atlantic sounds a bit more realistic in terms of my being able to get there. Plus low pre-reg fees are always nice. ^^ The frustrating thing is, I sometimes get to fly for free.. but not without my mother's go-ahead, and darned if she doesn't dispise the idea of me going to a con out-of-state. It's bad enough just dealing with her AWA-rage... x.x *lol* I'd like to see her reaction if she found out I was semi-planning to drive to Katsu or AMA.. nine hours' worth of driving, I've been told. Me and my silly persual of hobby-indulgence. ^^;;

KAOCHIN! *l* I saw that someone had done a Kaochin costume a while back. It was getting comments like, "why'd you make Subaru's costume purple? And with blonde hair??" XD Now THAT would be a photoshoot for the ages... Kaochin and poor, bedraggled Subaru. *l* I mentioned the beat-up costume to my father, and he seems to find it distasteful. Perhaps because I said I would get down on the floor and make like a dead duck for anyone who asked for a picture. ~.~ Heh.
I'm having fun imagining myself lolling around face-down on the floor with a Kaochin standing with one boot on my back and a sly grin on her face. Yes, I'm a nerd. *lol*

Oh! Final thought.... baring the midriff... yeeee. *l* I didn't realize how.. bare.. I would have been until I put on the costume... I wasn't expecting the top to be that small. ._.;; At least I got out of having to wear it anywhere outside the hotel room once the velcro on the skirts fell off.. *lol* Divine intervention, I'd say.

Selphie_fairy
10-26-2003, 09:28 AM
pendrell and ladysubau25 let me have a moment to say that YOU GUYS MAKE SUCH FRIGGIN AWESOME SUBARUS *.* mehhh i wanna make mine god *sniff* pendrall you are the first person i have seen that make the wings float XD *not attchated to the costume* buhahaha XD

dylan no tama
10-26-2003, 09:44 AM
im gonna be tsukasa for BAAF 2004
the costume is pretty cool, and that staff...
it'll be apain in the ass to make, but it'll be fun

ryu776
10-26-2003, 12:30 PM
There is absolutly no way I can make this Tsukasa costume. LOL I suck at making costumes. Can anyone give any advice?

Inuyahsha
10-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Im in the same dang boat as you, * cry * I cant find one either

ladysubaru25
10-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey, thanks Selphie_fairy!! Really, if you were to see me in person, you *may* think differently. From the pic's you can't tell how absurdly *tall* I am (about 6'1" in the heels... :mfg: ) It's like "Amazon Subaru." LMAO!!

I then proceeded to color it with Sharpies. Oh yeah, good times. Six hours' worth of meticulous scribbling with three Turquoise and two Blue markers produced that color. X) I styled it afterward with some variant of spiking product..

Wow! Sharpies can color wigs... never woulda though that would work. I'll have to remember that trick! Thanks!!

I had absolutely NO success with styling the bangs of my wig. Tried the spiking product I usually use on my hair (its really short, and likes spiking product) but had no success with it. Also tried a round brush and a hairdryer. No luck with that either.

Goodness! How many people were crammed into that car?? We had 4 people in the car to AnimeNext, and barely had room for all of the luggage... plus my axe... :rolleyes:

:heart: Thank you! I love it to pieces. I lucked out and got my father to craft it for me from a proportional sketch I handed off to him. He had so much fun making it, too, so I don't feel incredibly guilty springing it on him like that. :D We got to go shopping for lumber-bits and chrome spraypaint..

The Home Depot is a fun place. I'll need to be going there myself. I recently found out that one of my friends acually owns a scroll saw, and my neighbor has a band saw in her garage. So, providing I can prevent myself from severing any fingers in the process, I'm determined to make a cool looking weapon for next year...

Oooh. We need to get one of the other Subarus in here.. she attached her wings with spirit gum, I recall. Unfortunately, I have NO IDEA how that would go. ^^; Mine are on thin wires attached to the neckband, so they just hang about back there without touching me. ^^ Gotta mention that the venerable Dia made those for me... definitely one of the highlights of the costume. <3

I saw that rigging for the wings! How ingenious!
There is actually a "Wings for Dummies" thread currently going on in the "props and accessories" forum that I just posted in. I mentioned the floating wings apparatus. (But also that I had no idea how it was done. Dia is a genious... you can tell her I said that!)

AAAHH! I have a friend in school in Virginia; we've been trying to figure out how to get ourselves to a con there. We discussed Katsucon and Kazecon, I think.. this Anime Mid-Atlantic sounds a bit more realistic in terms of my being able to get there. Plus low pre-reg fees are always nice. ^^

It would be ultra-sweet if you could make it to AMA. The website is at www.animemidatlantic.com if you want to check out pre-reg rates. I think they are only $20 or something until May 1st. The hotel is also dirt cheap. ($89 a night for a Quad.) There is also a Yahoo group for the con at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/animemidatlantic/ I post on there pretty often, but the list is most active around con-time.

If you go, I'll defintely be there. AND I'll have both blue and pink Subaru costumes with me, so we can do ultra-geeky photoshoots if ya want! :D

Silly perusal of hobby-indulgence is not necessarily a bad thing. This past month alone, I've probably spent more money on fabric and accessories for upcoming costume ventures that I've made on my car payment!

KAOCHIN! *l* I saw that someone had done a Kaochin costume a while back. It was getting comments like, "why'd you make Subaru's costume purple? And with blonde hair??" XD

Man, If I only had the time and resources, I'd do that costume myself! But someone has pretty much convinced me to do Terajima Ryoko, so if I am to do another ".hack heavy-axe-chick" it'll more than likely be her.

I mentioned the beat-up costume to my father, and he seems to find it distasteful. Perhaps because I said I would get down on the floor and make like a dead duck for anyone who asked for a picture. ~.~ Heh.

Distasteful? Really?? He obviously hasn't seen the series.
Although, I have my own theories that some of the scenes in episode 19 were done as "fan service" to some of the obsessive Subaru fanboys out there. And, believe me, they *DO* exist...

At least I got out of having to wear it anywhere outside the hotel room once the velcro on the skirts fell off.. *lol* Divine intervention, I'd say.

So you never actually wore it outside of a hotel room?? Goodness, fix that velcro, and wear it to AWA next year!! It is a cool costume... really.

Dia
10-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Haha, actually a friend of Pendrell's just told me. Hardly a genius, but thank you ^^ I'm super proud of those wings, so dammit, Pendrell, you need a damn good outfit to go with 'em. Meh.

ladysubaru25
10-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Haha, actually a friend of Pendrell's just told me. Hardly a genius, but thank you ^^ I'm super proud of those wings, so dammit, Pendrell, you need a damn good outfit to go with 'em. Meh.

Really- that rigging idea for the wings was amazing. I *never* would have thought of it in a million years.

Yes, Pendrell. You should wear the costume again. Come to AMA... *TWO* pink Subaru's at a con will be a first, more than likely. And I could fix your skirt by hand in a hotel room in under 30 minutes. If I'm having a 'good' day...

And Dia, your Suu costume is *drool* phenomenal. How many hours' work went into that? Any awards???

Dia
10-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Aw, thank you! I got the idea for the wings from a pair I made earlier for a costume of mine, Temperance from Magical Drop. Similar wings, same rigging. It's not terribly comfortable or easy, but it looks damn good, if I may say so myself.

And thank you for the compliment on Suu! It took... forever. Yeah, I'll just leave it at that. I walked away with the Best Technical Achievement award at AWA8 with that, though, and I love the costume, so it's totally worth it. I've actually got another Suu outfit in the planning stages right now, another design of my own ^_^

Pendrell
10-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Amazon Subaru? *lol* :skidude2:

You should wear the costume again. Come to AMA... *TWO* pink Subaru's at a con will be a first, more than likely. And I could fix your skirt by hand in a hotel room in under 30 minutes. If I'm having a 'good' day...

Well, being that I never *really* wore it in the first place... :D *l*
.. and I don't PLAN to, either. Ever. -_- It's poor work, and it shows, and Chris is still trying to gouge money out of me for it. I harbor intense feelings toward this costume, mostly bad. And I second Dia's notion that the wings really deserve a better Subaru costume to go along with.. ^^ makes me want to cry every time I see them attached to that neckband-thing. They deserve better! *l*

For the record, I had six and five people in my car during the trip to and from the con, respectively. That's one.. or two... too many people for my car. Well, that's how it goes when nobody else is willing to drive themselves... *makes stabbing motion at car-freeloaders*

I'd like to get to AMA. ^.^ Ultra-geeky photoshoots are always an appealing idea.. *lol* too bad I won't wear that Subaru costume to a con and it was overall a waste of money and really nice fabric, dammit.

Oh, and way back to Selphie_fairy... woohoo! Thank you so much. I feel like teh crap Subaru right now, though.

Yet, oddly enough, I've had an offer pitched to me to sell the costume. But I won't sell it.. because it's got Dia's gorgeous wings attached to it and I'M NOT LETTING THEM GO. XD
Curse this costume and all the frustration that came with it. Now I'm back in irate-mode. XD;;

logan~mecha
10-30-2003, 12:41 AM
i am currently making a pair of small white feather wings for a girl that is gonna play subaru in march

Epok250
11-01-2003, 05:03 AM
I would be willing to do a Crim cosplay but I would need to commision someone to make the costume. I have a Bboy body (in other words a Bruce Lee body) I would probably have to shave my chest though, which I don't have a problem with. But I like Crim's style. It's not like it won't grow back.

What I really want to do is a Kite costume, I can sew but I don't think I have the skill to cut patterns. Which is bad because I can weld. I can cut steel but I'm intimidated by cloth or wood or anything that's not metal (you can always fix metal but if you mess up wood or cloth that's it, no going back). If I did have someone commission though I would pay them extra to show me how to cut patterns. The main problem I have with Kite is the boots, gloves, and the hat. I have no idea how to cut a pattern for those things, whereas a pattern for the outfit itself doesn't seem that difficult.

And Pendrell I think I saw you a AWA9 but I didn't get a chance to get your pic.

ladysubaru25
11-01-2003, 04:34 PM
For the record, I had six and five people in my car during the trip to and from the con, respectively. That's one.. or two... too many people for my car. Well, that's how it goes when nobody else is willing to drive themselves... *makes stabbing motion at car-freeloaders*

Uh... yeah. That's WAY too many people. Isn't that, like, illegal or something? I'd rather drive myself rather than be unsafe (and risk damaging wigs... LMAO!)

I'd like to get to AMA. ^.^ Ultra-geeky photoshoots are always an appealing idea.. *lol* too bad I won't wear that Subaru costume to a con and it was overall a waste of money and really nice fabric, dammit.

Is any of the fabric salvagable?? If you wanted, you could probably try to take the darn thing apart by the seams (if it's not good workmanship, they should come apart w/o a seam ripper) Then you could use the fabric to build another costume. There are prob. some parts that can be used over- like the accessories.

BTW, Your shoes were really cool too- were they yours, or were they part of the commission??

Yet, oddly enough, I've had an offer pitched to me to sell the costume. But I won't sell it.. because it's got Dia's gorgeous wings attached to it and I'M NOT LETTING THEM GO. XD
Curse this costume and all the frustration that came with it. Now I'm back in irate-mode. XD;;

Definitely KEEP the wings! Can they be attached to another neckband? Actually, the neckband isn't all that bad. You prob. could just use the whole thing over again.

OK- time to put the bad costume experience behind you and build something that you love. Cosplay should not make one irate. Do it over, and do it better!! Then you'll be all anxious for con season to come around again... :bigtu:

ladysubaru25
11-01-2003, 04:44 PM
I would be willing to do a Crim cosplay but I would need to commision someone to make the costume...

:love: Finally! A volunteer.... LMAO!

I have a Bboy body (in other words a Bruce Lee body)...

Good to see that at least *ONE* of us is in shape. I have the body of a cream puff. See my Gallery for proof... :eeek:

I would probably have to shave my chest though, which I don't have a problem with. But I like Crim's style. It's not like it won't grow back.

Whoa- did that just say "shave my chest??" ...
Wow- never thought I'd ever see *THAT* phrase posted on these boards in my lifetime.
I commend your brave soul.

What I really want to do is a Kite costume...

The main problem I have with Kite is the boots, gloves, and the hat. I have no idea how to cut a pattern for those things, whereas a pattern for the outfit itself doesn't seem that difficult.

Cutting your own patterns is tough. I have a friend who does it really well. It's a gift...

I'm more the "buy-and-modify" kind of cosplayer (can we say "ghetto cosplay, anyone??) I figure of you can find a peice of an outfit that "works" you can just fix it up a little by yourself. That way, the base pattern is done, and all you need to do at the small details. I'm planning on doing my Haruko costume like that.

This could work for your boots and gloves. Find stuff that KIND of looks like the character, and then just modify them a bit. I've seen a really good Kite at AnimeNext that had shoes that were just brown boots with some fleecy stuff added to the tops... Good luck with it!
(And you really SHOULD commission that Crim costume. :bigtu: )

Epok250
11-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Well, I have a Kite figurine. So that will make it easier. But it would probably be best to get someone to commission it for me.

And shaving my chest is not a big deal. It makes you look more cut. A lot of people that work out do that. I used to work out at a gym til I started dancing and hopping across rooftops. Now I don't even need weights. I'm not brave just one bad mother (too friggin' naive to be scared). I would feel sorry for the person who made fun of me for shaving my chest, I would have to bring out the wrath of the Epokalypse.

But I don't get it. What's these guy's problem with baring their chest? I understand not everyone can look as good as me but half of looking good is in your attitude.

Edit::And what do you mean by "Cream puff body"? Not from where I can tell.

Flippy
11-01-2003, 11:37 PM
hacks on in about 20 min!

ladysubaru25
11-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Yeah Flippy! I'm watching the show now... :geek:
It's the episode where the grunty dies... :thumbsup: Hold on- let me get my tissues ready!

I would feel sorry for the person who made fun of me for shaving my chest, I would have to bring out the wrath of the Epokalypse.

LMAO!! Ok. I am NEVER messing with you! No wrath, please. You'll mess me up good...

But I don't get it. What's these guy's problem with baring their chest? I understand not everyone can look as good as me but half of looking good is in your attitude.

C'mon Epok... you don't have to be SO humble about it! :crylaugh:

Edit::And what do you mean by "Cream puff body"? Not from where I can tell.

Hey thanks- certainly makes me feel better. This body hasn't seen a gym in about 3 years. I used to be a total gym bunny in college, but the real world has caught up with me. Just don't have the time anymore!!

Pendrell
11-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Uh... yeah. That's WAY too many people. Isn't that, like, illegal or something? I'd rather drive myself rather than be unsafe (and risk damaging wigs... LMAO!)

Haaaah! It probably was illegal. XD Me and my carful of con-bound miscreants. *l* Yeah, when I think about it, I probably should've decreed that someone had to hold the wig or everyone was going to walk. Except for myself and the wig, of course. Wonderful that I consider my wig to count as a person.. *l*

Is any of the fabric salvagable?? If you wanted, you could probably try to take the darn thing apart by the seams (if it's not good workmanship, they should come apart w/o a seam ripper) Then you could use the fabric to build another costume. There are prob. some parts that can be used over- like the accessories.

BTW, Your shoes were really cool too- were they yours, or were they part of the commission??

Well, the material is ultra-thin but nice and.. flowy? *l* Yeah. It's not incredibly expensive, it's JoAnn-bought SilkEssence. Since it's so thin, I rather suspect any attempt to re-work it would just create larger problems (and holes...) than the outfit already has currently. ^^;; Oh yes, ALL the accessories would be put to good use with another version of that costume! <3 When and if I get enough moneh, Dia is the first person I will turn to for commissioning services. As you've seen, she's got formidable skills... and I trust she would create a Subaru costume that would knock my and everyone else's socks right off.

The boots were a lucky find by... Dia. XD I received them along with the wings. Just imagine, without Dia I'd probably be stuck with ill-fitting vinyl boot covers and wings made out of construction paper. ^^; I owe her a substantial amount of praise and thanks at all times.

OK- time to put the bad costume experience behind you and build something that you love. Cosplay should not make one irate. Do it over, and do it better!! Then you'll be all anxious for con season to come around again... :bigtu:

Right you are! ^_^ My birthday rolls around with the winter holidays, so I'll be saving up whatever collective funds I receive for this purpose. I SHOULD note that I'll be trying on and off to learn to sew during winter break. Since I'll have lots of time and a bunch of crummy fabric to mess up, I figure it's about time. Regardless of how that goes, I don't see me making things for myself well or often.. besides, nothing would make me happier than having a lovely costume made by a talented commissioner.. because of the last costume, I want now more than ever to support the deserving costumers who commission well and for a fair price. :bigtu:

Epok-- You might've seen me? XD It would've been in normal clothes or the other Subaru costume, since I didn't make it out of the hotel room in the pink Subaru. I would've been charged with public indecency when that skirt fell off in the middle of the convention center hallway. XD;;

Epok250
11-05-2003, 12:48 AM
I could've sworn I saw a pink Subaru at AWA.

Edit::Lady Subaru what is this word humble that you speak of? I had never heard of this before.

ainslye
11-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Shave.. your..chest? Dude, that's asking for major sharp stubble. Get a wax instead. It's much smoother, and you won't have to worry about having razor burn across your nips... LoL.
Anyway, I'd love to make an Ohka costume from the manga, but I don't know.. she's cute, but there's not much to it up top if you know what I mean... I'm having a tough time gathering pics of it. If nothing else, Hotaru from the manga is on my soon list (right after Rakka from Haibane Renmei)... she's just so adorable!

...yeah, and I think I should do some situps and stuff to pull of Ohka... and go tanning... LoL.

Epok250
11-07-2003, 03:43 AM
I refuse to wax. When I got my tattoo they had to shave part of my chest. You just gotta have a sharp razor. And I'm not so worried about razor burns as much as I am about ending up with one nipple.

Pendrell
11-07-2003, 04:43 AM
I could've sworn I saw a pink Subaru at AWA.

WELL... now you've got me curious.. XD *l*
I'm trying to recall any wayward predominantly pink outfits I might've seen. But since I wasn't at the convention for very long at any point anyway, I missed out on seeing a lot of costumes. ~_~ And people. Drat.

Yay! If/when PinkSubaru v. 2.0 debuts, it won't be made out of SilkEssence and duct tape. I thought that to be noteworthy, as the last version was. And admittedly I picked the fabric. Lord, keep me out of the fabric selection. I'm a fabric tramp. I tend toward the cheap, thin and silky. *l* No, not really, but the SE was so.. inexpensive. And I was young, silly and impressionable. XD

I vote for waxing! Not that my opinion counts on waxing/shaving that particular area. But waxing REALLY isn't all that bad... this is coming from someone who had their lower eyebrows and roughly three layers of skin ripped right off once. ^^; Heck, it didn't even hurt that much. Just looked like I'd done a subpar job of applying bright pink eyeshadow.. for three days. *l* DURING AWA. Incidentally, one of my car-freeloaders directed me to the place where I got the death-waxing. Heh. Adding insult to injury and all that. Yeah, that figured into the total negative score of the last AWA experience. XD;
Uhh, nontheless, if you get a professional waxing at a spa or salon, you'll fare much better. It lasts longer than shaving, so that's an automatic plus for me. And no chance of haphazardly slashing myself. I've a bad track record with razors.

cyankirby
11-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Ooo ooo, I'm planning on going as Mia! :heart: She's pretty cool. Currently exploring the mask possibilities... Not really an anime costume (only in the game as far as I know) but whatever... I PLAN on doing it for Otakon 2004 so I hope that I can finish it by then. One of my friends casually mentioned possibly going as Mistral sometime but it won't be for a while...

Epok250
11-08-2003, 12:36 AM
See now I'm scared. For one thing girls can handle pain much better than us guys.

But I actually want it to grow back faster. I'm kinda fond of my happy trail and, y'know, for those that tend to get lost. They may need directions. I just don't think the body paint on top of that stuff I'm gonna have to use to cover up my tattoo would be too comfortable over hair.

PinkCow
11-09-2003, 12:52 AM
.hack cosplay. YAY. My heart skips a beat at the thought! *lol*

I'm planning on going as Tsukasa (despite the fact that I'm female) for MTAC 4.01. I somehow migrated from "definately Vivi and probably Kairi" to "definately Tsukasa and probably Vivi" for MTAC. Go figure. o.o

Alas, I have no money to be spending on fabric until after the holidays, so I'm hoping that's enough time to get that costume together. I already have the gloves...the hat's gonna be a pain. But praise be to my friend from my Visual Arts class who offered to make the staff for free. *confetti*

Yup, that's more than you wanted to know, but oh well. Tsukasa/me, MTAC. Yay. ^^

ladysubaru25
11-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Yay! If/when PinkSubaru v. 2.0 debuts, it won't be made out of SilkEssence and duct tape. I thought that to be noteworthy, as the last version was. And admittedly I picked the fabric. Lord, keep me out of the fabric selection. I'm a fabric tramp. I tend toward the cheap, thin and silky. *l* No, not really, but the SE was so.. inexpensive. And I was young, silly and impressionable. XD

Your costume really had *duct tape* on it?? :eeek: LOL... for the love of Buddah, girl, you've *got* to fix that! No duct tape, and NO SilkEssence. ;) I know the exact fabric you're talking about. I considered using something like that myself. It really *does* look nice, and move well. But I think it's designed to be more of a lining-type fabric than a fabric to actually make something out of. I can see why you wouldn't want to rip it apart- there probably would be holes.

I used get-away batiste- found in the *quilting section* of all places- for mine (blue version) and since it stood up well to a great deal of abuse, I decided to get the same type of fabric in pink for my "pink version." It's hella cheap, but durable. Very easy to sew- even by hand.

I'm planning on going as Tsukasa (despite the fact that I'm female) for MTAC 4.01. I somehow migrated from "definately Vivi and probably Kairi" to "definately Tsukasa and probably Vivi" for MTAC. Go figure. o.o

Yay!! My heart is skipping a beat too... a .hack AND a FFIX fan!! *does happy dance* :jjacks:

Vivi would be a cute costume. I was very surprised to see a very nicely done Garnet and Zidane at the last con I went to. I could have *sworn* that I saw a Vivi, but I didn't see him a second time...

Tsukasa is a popular crossplay. I've met a few female Tsukasas. (I mean, he really *IS* a "she" afterall, so it kinda makes sense!) Personally, I have never crossplayed, but if I did a .hack crossplay, I'd love to do Balmung... too bad it would be such a PAIN to make! :sulk:

And to Epok- that word "humble" that I speak of is not an easy word for many of us to comprehend... including myself. (Well, at least sometimes... afterall, I AM the one who compared my figure to a creampuff... :rolleyes: )

Shinta506
11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
I have always wanted to cosplay tsukasa, but i have no reference, where to start, what to buy, etc... So if u guys have some pictures that i can use as guide, i will really apreciate it, thnx

cyankirby
11-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Hmm, well here's 2 pictures; 1 from the back and 1 from the front. They aren't the best but I hope they help...

Lynx
11-10-2003, 06:49 PM
I have some pics I drew from when I was in the planning stages for my own tsukasa outfit.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26009&password=&sort=1&cat=3263&page=1

ainslye
11-11-2003, 12:28 AM
It's a def... I'm making the anime version of ohka... ouka... however it's spelled (I've seen it so many ways!!) for Otakon. ^_^ (from .hack//dusk))

Ikkai Toriga
11-11-2003, 07:26 PM
.Hackers (http://blackwings.net/hack/index.php) is a great site with lots of information and pictures.
They even have scans of concept sketches. For Tsukasa and Mimiru :http://blackwings.net/hack/images/bw01.jpg

I'd love to cosplay as someone from .hack//Sign, but I have no idea when. Maho is my favorite character, so it would be fun to cosplay as her. I don't think I would make a mask, though, unless it was spandex-y. If I did use a mask, maybe I would use red goggles underneath for the red eyes. Otherwise I'd probably just use face paint. Has anyone here done a Maho cosplay? (I know I've seen some)

Epok250
11-12-2003, 01:21 AM
And to Epok- that word "humble" that I speak of is not an easy word for many of us to comprehend... including myself. (Well, at least sometimes... afterall, I AM the one who compared my figure to a creampuff... :rolleyes: )

Yeah I'll say. And what's weird is the word is scratched out in all my dictionaries. Even weirder is when I try to look it up online I black out. So I guess it must mean people who pretend that they look like creampuffs.

ladysubaru25
11-25-2003, 01:05 AM
Hey, thanks to y'alls for the great links. I had fun just poking around and gathering some neat reference pics for myself. For, uh, maybe fanart or something.
Lynx, those concept drawings were really good! I love to draw stuff too, but I never have any time to do it anymore! :bigcry:

BTW, I just figured I'd throw this out there if anyone is still watching this thread... I recently talked to someone who was toying with the idea of making a huge, revolving chaos gate as a cosplay prop... un-friggen believeable! I really hope he does it. It would rock long and hard.

I told him that while he was at it, he should build a replica Mac Anu bridge.... he told me I was nuts. :D

(Ah, well. It was worth a try!)

PatrickD
11-25-2003, 04:36 PM
BTW, I just figured I'd throw this out there if anyone is still watching this thread... I recently talked to someone who was toying with the idea of making a huge, revolving chaos gate as a cosplay prop... un-friggen believeable! I really hope he does it. It would rock long and hard.

Made a trip to Home Depot yesterday for research. Left without buying anything though...

I told him that while he was at it, he should build a replica Mac Anu bridge.... he told me I was nuts. :D

(Ah, well. It was worth a try!)

You're not nuts for wanting the bridge...but you're nuts if you think I'm gonna build it for you. :P (First the bridge, then the item shop, then the magic shop, etc... Before long, you'd have all of Mac Anu recreated in my backyard.)

As for your other suggestion... Hmmm...

Epok250
11-25-2003, 06:01 PM
I would like to build a model ship of the boat that Subaru uses. That would be neat.

ichigo
11-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Yay for bandwagons indeed.
I've got a Tsukasa in the works right now, my friend wants to do Maho, and I believe I can convince another friend to join us as Mimiru (she loooves the skimpy costumes). This is all for Fanime, so we should have everything done by then. *looks hopefully around for other .hack cosplayers that will be at fanime*

ladysubaru25
11-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Made a trip to Home Depot yesterday for research. Left without buying anything though...

Patrick!! LOL- I had no idea you were watching this thread! How's the "research" going? Nothing wrong with not buying anything the first time. You can't imagine how many times I go into fabric stores before I commit to purchasing fabric. I'm sure it will all come together in the end...

You're not nuts for wanting the bridge...but you're nuts if you think I'm gonna build it for you. :P (First the bridge, then the item shop, then the magic shop, etc... Before long, you'd have all of Mac Anu recreated in my backyard.)

Yeah- I was just playing about the bridge. :D
Although- having the entire town of Mac Anu in your backyard *does* sound kinda cool, though.

As for your other suggestion... Hmmm...

Oh yeah... the gondola! That would be sweet... but also a terrible amount of work, I fear. I am scared to death of power tools, so it's something I'd never even attempt in a million years!

PatrickD
11-29-2003, 02:50 AM
Patrick!! LOL- I had no idea you were watching this thread!

It's a .hack thread. Of course I was reading it! ;)

How's the "research" going? Nothing wrong with not buying anything the first time. You can't imagine how many times I go into fabric stores before I commit to purchasing fabric. I'm sure it will all come together in the end...

After talking to my cousins about it, I have several ideas... I'll have to experiment on a small scale first before I go and buy ALL the materials.

Although- having the entire town of Mac Anu in your backyard *does* sound kinda cool, though.

That would be like one of those old roadside amusement parks that used to dot the map back in the 1950's (before places like Disney World and Six Flags sucked away all the people). I remember seeing a documentary on them a while back. Mother Goose seemed to be a popular (royalty-free) theme many would pick. They'd have little kid-sized buildings based on those stories.

...but .hack root towns would be more fun. :)

TwiliteSea
11-29-2003, 09:17 AM
I want to do a .hack cosplay too, yet all of them seem too complex. I made up my own .hack character who is a female counterpart to my favorite character, Sora. I was gonna try and be that but nobody will recognize me.

Melfina
11-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm almost finished with my Tsukasa costume, but I don't know if I'll be going to any conventions any time soon:(. Cons I'm thinking about are AFO, Anime Central, and AWA. I'm also planning on making Lady Subaru.

Flippy
11-29-2003, 11:58 PM
just wrote a 1,500 word essay it's time to watch .hack//sign.....yeah!

meiluy
11-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks to this thread, I've now added more costumes to my list than I've ever had at once...
Due to promises, at Comic Con 2004 I'm going to be:
Ness (It's a Super Smash Brothers Melee Theme)
Kira Yamato (I'm making a full set of normal clothes and Flight Suit for my friend and I, he's going to be Athrun Zalla)
Naruto (I know a group who all ready have a Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke)
Xelloss (Because being a mysterious Priest is Fun!)

But now I've worked out costume designs and item lists for Tsukasa, Sora, Crim, and B.T. (I occasionally crossplay too). Anyone know of a good con next year in the Pennsylvania Area? Preferably some time in the Late Summer/Early Fall...

The Lord XL
11-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I may be doing a Crim costume if I can lose my flabby gut.

Yea... that day will never come...

ladysubaru25
11-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Anyone know of a good con next year in the Pennsylvania Area? Preferably some time in the Late Summer/Early Fall...

Hey! I'm from PA too... Where in the state are you from? Nearer to Philly or Pittsburgh? I'm closer to Philly. :D

Too bad that AnimeNext moved it's date from fall to spring. (It's going to be in Secaucus, NJ. Not too far a drive if you are from eastern PA. The new date in in June. It used to be in October...) There is always BAAF in NYC. That's usually in early Sept. I don't think a date has been set yet for '04.

If you're from Western PA, Ohayocon in Columbus would be a good bet, but it is EARLY in the con season. January, actually. It's earlier than Katsu this year!

Lord XL, if you make a Crim costume, I will love you forever! Please post pics if you do. He's got to be the most under-cosplayed .hack main character. Come to think of it I haven't seen too many Sora's either. But the one's I've seen have been GOOD! Don't worry too much about your flabby gut. It can't be all that bad. I cosplayed Subaru with a flabby gut, and the fanboys were still All Up Ons. LMAO!!!

meiluy
12-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey! I'm from PA too... Where in the state are you from? Nearer to Philly or Pittsburgh? I'm closer to Philly. :D

Too bad that AnimeNext moved it's date from fall to spring. (It's going to be in Secaucus, NJ. Not too far a drive if you are from eastern PA. The new date in in June. It used to be in October...) There is always BAAF in NYC. That's usually in early Sept. I don't think a date has been set yet for '04.

If you're from Western PA, Ohayocon in Columbus would be a good bet, but it is EARLY in the con season. January, actually. It's earlier than Katsu this year!

Thanks for the info. I actually live in Erie County, right next to the Ohio Border (The town itself is called East Springfield), and sadly Ohayocon sounds a little too early (I don't have a job...) Anyways, it's nice to hear from someone else in this state... Maybe I'll see you at Otakon or one of the others you mentioned.

PatrickD
12-02-2003, 11:25 AM
I want to do a .hack cosplay too, yet all of them seem too complex. I made up my own .hack character who is a female counterpart to my favorite character, Sora. I was gonna try and be that but nobody will recognize me.

Sora's a twin blade. There are female twin blades in .hack//SIGN and the games. A-20 and Natsume are two and their costumes aren't too complex. I suggest you check them out. :)

ainslye
12-02-2003, 11:32 AM
I love A-20! If my costume to do list wasn't so high, she'd be on there. I wanna see an A-20. *nodnodnod*

KuroBara
12-03-2003, 07:52 PM
*re-reads thread* Wow, A-20 has been off my list for a while, lol! I won't post about future costumes until I've started them >_<

That being said, I did start Magi from .hack//DUSK, hopefully I'll finish it by Katsucon, definitely for I-Con and Otakon.

Pink Bunnie
12-04-2003, 06:57 AM
Ooo ooo! .hack cosplay! Dun have time to read the whole thread right now but I'm totally gonna start posting here :3 *points to sig* Kinda obvious who I cosplayed.

Catpaw
12-04-2003, 08:53 AM
*Pokes in* I'm planning to do Tsukasa, BT & Sora... ...and by request (after I loose some weight) Subaru & BT...

PatrickD
12-04-2003, 05:26 PM
*Pokes in* I'm planning to do Tsukasa, BT & Sora... ...and by request (after I loose some weight) Subaru & BT...

All at the same time?! ;)

ainslye
12-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Does anyone happen to have any pics of the BACK of manga-Ouka? Thanks to CelesDragon and KuroBara, I have fab-o pics of the front... but I'm unsure of the back. *curses the empty wallet for keeping her from buying #2*

KuroBara
12-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Ooo ooo! .hack cosplay! Dun have time to read the whole thread right now but I'm totally gonna start posting here :3 *points to sig* Kinda obvious who I cosplayed.

You make a great Tsukasa, I think someone talked about it earlier in this thread. Psst...I remember you from Hooters, the night before Otakon! Nice to see you ^_^

Ainslye- Volume 2 technically isn't out til Tuesday (unless you shop at Kinokyu (the place in Rockefeller Center)) which seems to not care about release dates. Poke Celesdragon to scan hers.

ladysubaru25
12-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Ooo ooo! .hack cosplay! Dun have time to read the whole thread right now but I'm totally gonna start posting here :3

Hey, PinkBunnie, you make one awesome Tsukasa! Actually, your friend Starwind told me to PM you, like, two months ago because I saw your photos somewhere on the site and mentioned that I really liked the costume. (But I felt kinda weird b/c I didn't *know* you! :D )

*points to sig* Kinda obvious who I cosplayed.

Yeah. Three guesses who I cosplayed too! LOL...

Any plans to do Tsukasa again (or any of the other characters) for this coming year???

Catpaw
12-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Pat - er.. no? seperate times... I'm hopefully doing Tsukasa for next Halloween... (My hair will be white! XD)

Kaicyios
12-06-2003, 09:33 PM
I'll be cosplaying Maha from .hack//sign at Animazement.

Knight of Rikku
12-27-2003, 01:43 PM
well i was Tsukasa,skeith,sora, and Balmung, also if anyone wants hack music, just message me or something, ..farewell....

Ekkaya
01-21-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking about making a Black Rose one for Dragon Con. If any one has any pics, ideas or help to offer, let me know. Email is snowbord313@aol.com and sn on aim is snowbord313. Thank ya kindly. :dance:

ladysubaru25
04-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Just wondering if any of you crazy .hack-ers are planning any cosplays from the series for Anime Boston '04.

Since there are going to be 3 voice actors from the series there, I figured I might see some more cosplayers from the series (and the games... and the manga!)

I certainly hope I will not be the only silly fangirl there.

Looking forwrd to seeing ya'all in Boston!!

Jekka
04-03-2004, 02:44 PM
I'll be dressed as Tsukasa all day Friday and Saturday, though most of my time will be spent at the table I'm working at. ^^

Hope to see you!

ladysubaru25
04-04-2004, 05:54 PM
I'll be dressed as Tsukasa all day Friday and Saturday, though most of my time will be spent at the table I'm working at. ^^

LOL- yeah, well, I'm staff, so I'll be holed up in the Karaoke room from 6p-2a on Friday, and most of the day Saturday as well.

Still not sure what day I'll be cosplaying. Probably Friday. Don't really want to wear the same costume 2 days in a row... but I might cosplay Sat AM before I go to work in the karaoke room.

What table will you be at? Dealers room or artists alley??

Flowery
04-06-2004, 09:59 PM

Fallen_Magician
04-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Hmm....How come I haven't noticed this before? Oh well, me and my group does .hack cosplay. You can check us out in my gallery. Come and See. ^_^

ladysubaru25
04-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Hmm....How come I haven't noticed this before? Oh well, me and my group does .hack cosplay. You can check us out in my gallery. Come and See. ^_^

Woohoo! Kite Crim and Sora!! :bigtu: You guys rock. And you make an incredibly cute Kite too... the picture with Kite and the Jedi's trimmin' the tree was too much.

What con were the Sora/Crim/Kite pics taken at?

Flowery: Personally, I'd go for the lighter colored hair. Not sure why all of the promo pics have it pink. If you want to see the costume from multiple angles, just play the PS2 game- or there are art books for the series out there called ".hack://THE WORLD" that have character sketches in them. Also, if you want to pick up the manga of .hack://legend of the twilight, Rena's costume is vey similar to BlackRoses, and you get to see it from many different angles.

Fallen_Magician
04-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Ladysubaru: My first Kite pictures were at a Comic Convention. and the Other ones were taken at Recca Con, Subaru-Sama. And Thanks for the complement ^_^. We're trying to get some more people in my group.

chibiansem02
07-09-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm going as Mia from the .Hack games to: Anime Detour 2005 and Anime Central 2005.

chibiansem02
07-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey!

I was just wondering if anyone is going to do any .hack//SIGN costumes for any cons coming up. I might do Kinkan of The Scarlet Knights even though I'm already doing Elk the Wave Master from the video game.I want to hear wat costumes or characters you like.
If you need any reference shots just ask cause i got a lotta pics and stuff.
Alright Talk to ya all later!!

--------Amuro
I'm going as Mia.

indie_chixor
07-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Im going as Kite/Shuuko.

My first crossplay!!

^_^ can't wait!

Lafiel
07-09-2004, 05:05 PM
I did Black rose with my .Hack group at AX. I will probably wear it again at DragonCon, and maybe some other local cons in toronto. Since those are the only cons I'm going to this year. Maybe next year at AB :)

Its a fairly easy costume to get into except took like 2 hours to get the concealer all over my skin :) Here are 2 pictures my friends took at the ADV booth in front of the newtype ad.

Along with Black rose and the Grunty. We also had a Sora and Bt.

Catpaw
07-09-2004, 10:05 PM
*Pokes in* I dun know if ShotaCrow posted in here or not... but he's doing Sora and sometime later... I'm being BT...

Can't wait to do the cosplay! ^^" And my BT costume is to my friend ShotaCrow aka Serge... *Disappears*

Fallen_Magician
07-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Im going as Kite/Shuuko.

My first crossplay!!

^_^ can't wait!

Hmm? You're gonna be Shugo for next Years Fanime? That's cool, I was planning on wearing my Kite costume for that, maybe we can get some group pics while we're there, what do you say?

Emiko
07-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi! I was one of the two people cosplaying BT (http://www.bowen2.com/amy/conventions/cp-bt.html) at Anime Expo 2004. I think I'll start following this thread, too. More pics later :)

DaphHime
07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
*Pokes in* I dun know if ShotaCrow posted in here or not... but he's doing Sora and sometime later... I'm being BT...

Can't wait to do the cosplay! ^^" And my BT costume is to my friend ShotaCrow aka Serge... *Disappears*

I know he's going as Sora. He convniced me to go as Subaru. Even though I don't know very much about the seires. :thumbsup:

I might do it too. Though I have to finish my Tira costume by Anime Reactor and repair Excel.

TB_Iris
07-10-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd like to make the trip out for Anime Expo next year as Mimiru..but egh, I don't know where to start. I'll have to do a lot of research on materials I guess. XP(utter noob, hurray!)

I'll be doing Melchior's sword tutorial though, so that's one less thing to think about.

ShatteredSunset
07-10-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm going to do a photoshoot soon of my BT and Robin costumes ^^ So hopefully I'll get some better pictures up.

Catpaw
09-11-2004, 11:28 PM
*Floats in* I got some BT process pics! (Please ignore teh other pics below BT)

BT Wig (http://www.livejournal.com/users/catpaw/24693.html)

ShotACrow
09-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Hehe, yep yep I'll be going as Sora to Anime Reactor ^^ Awesome group lineup too!

Soy Sauce
08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Sorry if I'm reviving a dead topic, but I would like to try to create Tsukasa's cosplay. I would like to know what kind of fabric is used to create Tsukasa's brown robe and also, is the robe a 2 piece or a 1 piece?

Berzerker_prime
08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
*Shrug*

Cottons are usually nice and comfy and sit well. And they come in a lot of colors, too, so you can usually find the right one.

As for construction, I know that he's actually got two skirt thingies. The underside one is a lighter brown, sorta matching his top. The top one is probably the darkest brown he wears. Definately two pieces, though, skirt thingies and top.

Hope that helps.

Berz (has cosplayed Maha).

Jekka
08-01-2006, 09:18 PM
When I made my Tsukasa, a chose a liner fabric for the dark brown, A-line skirt. Then I put the silky liner fabric on the inside, so it's fun to wear. *shimmy* The skirt is a separate piece from the top, and the top can be made as two separate shirts (that's how I did it) or one if you want. The basic look of it is a dark brown (to match the skirt) turtleneck-type shirt, but with bell sleeves. Over that is a lighter colored (I did mine in a soft beige, though I've seen it done with greyer tones), short sleeved hoodie.

That's your basic Tsukasa outfit. After that is adding the details and trim. :3 If you need more help, just ask! Tsukasa has been one of my favorite outfits. ^^

Soy Sauce
08-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Berzerker: Thanks, it did help me narrow down some choices at the fabric store.

Jekka: A pretty good description of how I can see the costume visually in my head.

2 Questions:
1.) What is the color of Tsukasa's boots, is it a different shade of brown than the one on his shirt or the same?

2.) I noticed there's a horizontal line around Tsukasa's stomach on his shirt, is that part of the shirt or a brown strap that goes around?

totorolover
08-03-2006, 12:35 PM
i actually just finished my tsukasa costume, i will put pictures up later cuz my brother has the camera.

anyway about the skirt I believe its one skirt and a pair of pants. I did one skirt out of a darkish brown then lined the bottom with a lighter colored bias tape. I did my top kinda like Jeka said, a turtle neck(cut of the sleeves), a long sleve, then the short sleved hoodie- however if you dont want to wear three shirts you could sew the long sleves on to the short sleeved shirt. The line that goes across his stomach is like a fabric tie.

heres a picture i used for making my costume.:bigtu:

Jekka
08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
1.) What is the color of Tsukasa's boots, is it a different shade of brown than the one on his shirt or the same?

2.) I noticed there's a horizontal line around Tsukasa's stomach on his shirt, is that part of the shirt or a brown strap that goes around?

They're a dark brown. They do seem to be the same shade as the rest of the brown. Since I didn't have time to break in a pair of brown boots, I sort of cheated here. I bought a pair of 1 dollar brown nylon trouser socks and pulled over my exceedingly comfortable Doc Martens. Instant brown boots! Without any traction! *slides around...*

It's a brown tie that goes around. His hoodie shirt is long enough to be considered 'tunic', I guess..

When you're ready to do details, there's also some lighter, reddish brown trim at the bottom of the A line skirt. And I totally forgot the pants! XD They're short, for pants. Mine are a bit too long now (am I shrinking?).

Good luck with the hat, most of all. Mine took me about 20 hours of hand sewing.

totorolover
08-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Hey Jekka great idea for the shoes!!

yeah the hat took me a while, one: getting the colored beads two: sewing it all together

Soy Sauce
08-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Alright, thanks for the help all.... looks like I'll be sewing the hat alot during my breaks =P

Soy Sauce
12-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Grr... The middle portion is getting on my nerves on the hoodie vest. I placed a zipper in the middle to connect the fabric together because i accidentally ripped a long streak down the center. My problem is how to make the middle lining without showing the zipper.

Kai Harn
12-02-2006, 03:23 PM
i hope you can understand what i wanna say be cause i just speak few words in english.

i´m doing mimiru. all progress is in my photo gallery. what a pitty i´m from brazil. i would like to take some pictures with you. my cosplay is for a big brazilian convention called anime dreams but i don´t know about anyone that is going to do any hack charcter for this convention. =/

SakuraPrincess
12-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Hmmm, if I did a .Hack costume, it would probably be Reina(Rena)/Blackrose.

rox_my_sox
12-06-2006, 05:03 PM
My friends and I just did a .hack//GU cosplay for CN(in august) -

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=896472

good times ^_^ (i was black rose)

Someguy
12-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Lol. One nipple. I've never really considered anything from sign, but I've been thinking about some characters from other serieses.