PDA

View Full Version : General Oni-Con Thread

MarzGurl
10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
I hate how I want to talk to people about the con but there's not really a thread that I fit into. How you guys doing? Who's going? What are your plans? What are you excited about? Gonna be meeting up with people?

You know I'll be there. Got invited back for a second round of video fun, so we'll see what happens.

ZakuKitty
10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Hello ^^ I am going by myself I believe, driving all the way from Denton near Dallas. Ironically I live in Houston but not when I am going to college. I have no set room I am staying in because I am awaiting a friend of mine's decision to go or not. I plan on hanging around the gameroom as usual playing Naruto but on Saturday I will be attempting to locate people from .hack to go with my Sora. ^^

I loved Oni-Con last year so this year I know it will be awesome.

On a side note as mentioned in the costumes thread, I am going as at least one version of Gara from the jrock group Merry, Sora from .hack//SIGN and Michael from Angel Sanctuary.

Amaya De'Morte
10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I can't wait because of.. everything. that's gonna be one of the best weeks of my life, lol. Nine Inch nails concert then what's goign to be a REALLY awesome convention.. 17 days whoo!

and I'm driving from fort worth area.

Knightfall
10-04-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm trying to contain my perpetual giddyness. I'm going with some friends from around here. I actually hope to talk to more people this time around. I am very much looking forward to a few weeks from now.

I can confirm Vincent Valentine and Amon. Any other costume is unlikely at this point, but who knows? I do hear requests...

fetus
10-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Wait a sec, are you the same marzgurl that called proz this past weekend at Linucon? If so, the phone was passed around and I said Donald Rumsfield into it.

oh, and to stay on topic, I'm terribly excited about the cosplay competition, because our group is doing a skit based on an idea we had, and we get to cosplay from Reboot XD This will be my fourth convention, if you count Linucon, and I hear Oni-con is really fun.

MarzGurl
10-05-2005, 06:16 AM
Wait a sec, are you the same marzgurl that called proz this past weekend at Linucon? If so, the phone was passed around and I said Donald Rumsfield into it.

oh, and to stay on topic, I'm terribly excited about the cosplay competition, because our group is doing a skit based on an idea we had, and we get to cosplay from Reboot XD This will be my fourth convention, if you count Linucon, and I hear Oni-con is really fun.

Hahaha! Yeah, that'd be me. I'm the only one I know who ever has used the screen name MarzGurl for the past 6 or so years, and it's the only screen name I've ever used. Cool that I now kinda know you by some association!

HackerEd
10-05-2005, 04:39 PM
I can't wait for Oni either^^ Aside from seeing some long missed cosplay friends, I can't wait to wear some of my new costumes. Oh, and more cookies. So those of you who got a cookie from someone at O-Chibi, it was most likely me:bigtu:

IceAlchemist
10-05-2005, 04:57 PM
first oni con
coming from cali^^
friends are going for phanatasmagoria
im just going to have a GOOD con^^ after some of the bad ones this year lolz

loserific
10-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh, I can not wait. We went last year as our first con and we weren't as prepaired. ><; We got our room as soon as we could..which was in like April or May. ^^;; Heh. But I am bringing a lot of my friends with me and we are all hyped about it. When we talk about the con at school, it makes us so happy. Oni-con will be my third con, but for all my friends it's their first. Hehe, so much fun!

And for costumes, I am going as Faye from Cowboy Bebop(dont think I will be wearing it for long though, when I made the costume, I had confidance..not now. ><;; a Harvest Moon group <3 and maybe some other costumes. Not really sure..stupid Hurricane Rita has thrown me way off. >>;

But other than that, I can't wait to see everyone there. ^_~

SchizoIori
10-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I can't wait because of.. everything. that's gonna be one of the best weeks of my life, lol. Nine Inch nails concert then what's goign to be a REALLY awesome convention.. 17 days whoo!

and I'm driving from fort worth area.

LOL Best week of my Life too! I'm going to NIN too before Oni-con. I'm flying in to houston though and staying with a friend. This is my first time to go and I'm debuting my Amano Tifa costume. I'll also be in my EGL Itachi costume though with the Mangenkyou Sharingan eyes. I hope I can meet lots of cosplay.com folk.

Etsu
10-05-2005, 11:04 PM
For me, Oni is gonna be the best study reward ever (I have an orgo exam and a cell bio exam that week >_<). This is the first time I'm basically heading out on my own so I'm excited and nervous.

I'm going as "The Final" Kaoru and Miho from Megatokyo.

Danzikumaru
10-06-2005, 01:18 AM
I can't wait for Oni either^^ Aside from seeing some long missed cosplay friends, I can't wait to wear some of my new costumes. Oh, and more cookies. So those of you who got a cookie from someone at O-Chibi, it was most likely me:bigtu:

I call first dibs on cookies of greatness!

Amaya De'Morte
10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
-cries- Though I'm going to have to save money if I'm going to get to go.. -dies-

I know it'll work out.. it has to.. just... heh.. yea... anyone wanna buy amaya ticket? lmao.

just kiddin'. I'll get there, I have to.

megumibish
10-07-2005, 02:04 AM
Well the almost full out entourage of Doppelganger Cosplayers are going. I'm soo hyped for this convention due to my extra special debut of my Trinity Blood cosplay. Thank the gods that it will be cooler. I'm soo gonna fry and sizzle in that cosplay, due to velveteen overload. Anticipation is killing me.

Right now I'm doing last minute minor detailing and fixing stuff/revamping little issues.
I'm looking at hopefully bringing 4 costumes. Ion Fortuna, Rith, Talim and Sailor Pluto. I just don't know what to wear when an where. Only definite is Ion on Saturday and hope that I don't bruise the h*ll outta my chest with super binding.

the only vash
10-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Wow, seems so great that many people will be going to Oni this year. My brother and I are planning to go as actual ninjas, not raver, febreeze, or swiffer, but actual ninjas. I actually plan on being a camera ninja (hehe). I hope to take lots of pictures of people in their cosplay. I am sure that I have seen some of you at the last Oni and will try to look for you all in your new cosplay. More than likely I will be hanging around the dealer's room, game room, and video rooms. My brother and I have actually gone 72 hours without sleep, so we are prepared.
MarzGurl I am sure that there will be people wating for your footage of Oni.

Tentacle_Guy
10-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Anyone know *coughCherrycough* what the schedule of events is going to be yet? One event in particular I don't want to miss this year. One guess as to which it is.

Raver-Sakura
10-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Tentacle, go to the Oni-con site (www.oni-con.com) and go see "events"
Its there somewhere , since I remember seeing it.

Yes, at long last Im going to Onicon! Ive had quite some diffculty but Im actually going! Hooray!
Im going with three of my friends. :3

I'll be running around as Raver Alice from Alice in Wonderland along with the Mad Raver Hatter also a Soild Snake from Metal Gear
Just look me up and I'll say hi! ^_^

Amaya De'Morte
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM
lol- hear hear to problems getting there.. honestly. having no job and being a cosplayer = no bueno.

I can't even walk to the back of walmart. I'm sooo way too compulsive. and now.. -sweat- my parents are trying to teach me a lesson and have cut off funds. Going home this weekend to work for them so I can get moneys. Damn mowing.. being allergic to grass isn't cool.

but then again- hehe. Neighbors take pity. so when I go rake their leaves.. they'll give me 50$... older people are awesome. And then.. the cans I've collected... not to mention the commision I've been working on.. so.. honestly, I'm fine- it's just stressing not having it at this moment, lol.

Yea, I'll make it. God as my witness! lol...

whee! I have monies now! ^^

MarzGurl
10-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm squeezing about 10 or so people into my suite at the hotel. How 'bout anybody else?

loserific
10-09-2005, 08:51 PM
We are bringing a bunch of our friends so I think about 8 people on Saturday night but only 6 on Friday. I think we got the 'garden suite' or something so hopefully it is big. But no one minds sleeping on the floor. XD Really, they said that. XDD

megumibish
10-10-2005, 02:39 AM
I got lucky and only have 6 in our room. We decided it would be nice for a break to actually not have 34793874389 peeps in our room. Though it still looks like my brother will be getting the floor. Hahah the bed is mine!!!

CorDynasty
10-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Mugen (me) will surely find a room to couple with a girl in it. No, I'm jking. Me and my crew are going to be about maybe 6, as well.

BlueRose
10-10-2005, 12:10 PM
we have a garden suite and we can squeeze 2 people in if needed. Were only haveing amax of 5 though - maybe six

kyandi-chan
10-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I got lucky and only have 6 in our room. We decided it would be nice for a break to actually not have 34793874389 peeps in our room. Though it still looks like my brother will be getting the floor. Hahah the bed is mine!!!

I GET THE BED TOO, MEGUMI :D :D :D!!

Oni-con! So exciting! None of my costumes are done, but i'm just happy to see all of you cool peeps!

Yay for Marzgurl! Are you gonna do FF cosplay, *coughTurkscough*

If you're filming it this time, please be careful not to lose the Cosplay walkon footage. *tear tear* I was sad about that for A-kon but I know it can't be helped...

MarzGurl
10-10-2005, 01:48 PM

Oni-con! So exciting! None of my costumes are done, but i'm just happy to see all of you cool peeps!

If you're filming it this time, please be careful not to lose the Cosplay walkon footage. *tear tear* I was sad about that for A-kon but I know it can't be helped...

We're going to have two cameras this time. One of them is going to be filming the stage. The second one... well... let's just say it's going to be the first time I've gone on stage for Cosplay since I started MarzGurl Productions. Get ready to listen to the audience scream. ~_^

Yeah, I'm just gonna be rehashing Elena for this. I'll probably have a new costume by Ushicon. I'm not going on stage to show off my cosplay this year you know. XD

PikminLink
10-10-2005, 01:54 PM
this will be our *me and consplayers.com* first oni con. and my first texas con too. aaand its gonna take us 28 hours to drive out there lol ;;;

but yeah..ill be taking alot of my link costumes, and a few others from various anime/games.

MarzGurl
10-10-2005, 02:01 PM
this will be our *me and consplayers.com* first oni con. and my first texas con too. aaand its gonna take us 28 hours to drive out there lol ;;;

but yeah..ill be taking alot of my link costumes, and a few others from various anime/games.

Oh, yes, that's right, you WILL be there, won't you? If you'll remember, I own two of your props - Aeris guard staff and Fujin pinwheel shuriken. I totally gotta get my picture with you, your props, and me.

Also, wanna be interviewed in my video? Tell me whenever you have free time and where and I'll come find you.

HackerEd
10-10-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm fairly lucky, the hotel is 20 mins from my house:bigtu: also, I don't have to worry about my ride wanting to leave before I do, he's more of a night person than I am^^

MarzGurl
10-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Bah, as for me, it's a 3, 3 1/2 hour drive. Not such a long trip as PikminLink here, but yes, you are the lucky one, yes you are.

Etsu
10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
All I have to do is hop on the Light Rail (the stop is the one at Reliant, right?). I may bum a ride from one of my friends though b/c I'm paranoid about walking around at night by myself.

Amaya De'Morte
10-11-2005, 01:04 PM

Eeeeee.. I can't wait to see you all! going to be sooo great!

--

20 minutes? gah.. lucky.. I live 5 1/2 hours away. x.x

ZakuKitty
10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I have a good 4 1/2 hour drive ahead of me but I will be stopping by my house for a night in Houston almost an hour away from the hotel so all is well. ^^

fetus
10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
If anyone sees Bob, from Reboot, walking around the con please say hi. I'd like to meet some .com'ers. I'll probably be with my Reboot group.

MarzGurl
10-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Reboot? Reboot!? Dude! Not enough people even remember that show, let alone cosplay it!

You'd better find me if I don't find you first. You're definately somebody I want on film.

fetus
10-11-2005, 02:58 PM
heh, yeah, Reboot pwns. I had an idea for a skit involving Reboot, which is the skit we're doing at Oni-Con, so we decided to make the Reboot costumes.

If all goes as planned, we should have Bob, Dot, young Andraia, young Enzo, and cardboard Hack and Slash XD

the only vash
10-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Reboot. Dude I loved watching that show, I remember waking up at 6:30 in the morning just to watch it. Now I have to get a picture of you and your group. As for people who live like 20 mins away from the hotel (10 min the way i drive, heh) just remember you will have a long trop when you decide to go to some other cons in texas or any other state. I remember arriving at Dallas in 3.5 hours, almost hypnotizing except for the pimpin statue of Sam Houston on the way. I hope to get to meet some of you, So far I have been really shy to talk to anyone from this website. Anyway, TTFN Ta Ta For Now.

SchizoIori
10-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I would have driven down if I wasn't going to be making a 6 hour drive by myself. I'm flying down though.

OMG I want a picture of the ReBoot cosplayers! I loved that show so much!

BlueRose
10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
anyone still need a place

kyandi-chan
10-11-2005, 10:35 PM
All I have to do is hop on the Light Rail (the stop is the one at Reliant, right?). I may bum a ride from one of my friends though b/c I'm paranoid about walking around at night by myself.

dude, maybe you want a ride from the lightrail stop? thats FAR from the hotel...

...you live that close in houston?...Have we met? * i live like 15 mins away from the hotel*

ayn*chan
10-11-2005, 11:55 PM
heh, yeah, Reboot pwns. I had an idea for a skit involving Reboot, which is the skit we're doing at Oni-Con, so we decided to make the Reboot costumes.

If all goes as planned, we should have Bob, Dot, young Andraia, young Enzo, and cardboard Hack and Slash XD

Yes. Reb00t will pwn all. And it'll take FOREVAR to get into that stupid body make up. It is a sacrifice we must make. <3

Etsu
10-12-2005, 09:32 AM
dude, maybe you want a ride from the lightrail stop? thats FAR from the hotel...

...you live that close in houston?...Have we met? * i live like 15 mins away from the hotel*
My friends haven't gotten back to me yet so I may take you up on the offer. I'm actually from Dallas, but I go to Rice University.

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Anybody have a confirmed time for the opening ceremonies? I hear it may be noon. If it IS going to be noon, I'm going to have to send a camera with some of my boys on ahead of me in order to catch it. I have a couple of classes on Friday that I just can't miss. I'll be there in the early evening, though.

Knightfall
10-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Noon?! Isn't that kinda early? I'll probably be leaving around noon.

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Noon?! Isn't that kinda early? I'll probably be leaving around noon.
Yeah, dude, that's what I'm saying, it sounds really friggin' early, and I wish I could get a massive crowd to go up to them chanting, "OC at 5! OC at 5!" 'Cause I'm leaving a little after noon myself.

Supposedly last year opening ceremonies were at 10 AM and that they didn't work, so now they're being moved to 12 PM or something like that. Not nearly a big enough jump, if you ask me.

BlueRose
10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
yeah.. I have classes as well on friday.

they should move it to atleast 2.. imo

HackerEd
10-12-2005, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=MarzGurl]Yeah, dude, that's what I'm saying, it sounds really friggin' early, and I wish I could get a massive crowd to go up to them chanting, "OC at 5! OC at 5!" 'Cause I'm leaving a little after noon myself.
QUOTE]

5 would be sooooooo much better for me, my ride and like 3 other friends that I know are coming. We are still in highschool and are not allowed to skip class.

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, dude, that's what I'm saying, it sounds really friggin' early, and I wish I could get a massive crowd to go up to them chanting, "OC at 5! OC at 5!" 'Cause I'm leaving a little after noon myself.

5 would be sooooooo much better for me, my ride and like 3 other friends that I know are coming. We are still in highschool and are not allowed to skip class.

Yeah, and I've skipped my fencing class too mucn (my last class of the day) and I can't afford to skip one more or else I'm going to be dropped, so I have to leave San Antonio at 1:00.

Aw, suck.

loserific
10-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Woah, that seems a little early. o.o At Ushicon they had it at like 6. But I am skipping school(I haven't missed any days yet, I made sure of it XD) so we should be there somewhat early. Wait, when can we check into our hotel rooms?

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 09:39 PM
See, that's what I was saying on the Oni forums, too. I don't know when we're allowed to check into our rooms, and I fear that if the OC's are that early that we'll have to lug all of our luggage into the Main Events room and then lug it all back out, then wait for even longer to get our rooms. Typically check-in time isn't until... like... 3:00 PM. So... yeah. Real inconvenient there.

Hug_the_Monster
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
We made reservations and everything already, but since I live in Houston, well just North of it anyways, I'm not sure what time I should leave on Friday, any suggestions Marz? I'm thinking about leaving around noon because I have to make a few stops along the way. I might end up skipping the few stops though, arg. I have no idea when I should leave on Friday.

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
We made reservations and everything already, but since I live in Houston, well just North of it anyways, I'm not sure what time I should leave on Friday, any suggestions Marz? I'm thinking about leaving around noon because I have to make a few stops along the way. I might end up skipping the few stops though, arg. I have no idea when I should leave on Friday.
Since you're already in Houston, leaving at noon sounds about right. Of course, this also depends on whether or not you actually care about the opening ceremonies, and also whether or not they decide to actually hold them at noon as they say. If you don't care, then okay, sounds perfect for a local.

BlueRose
10-12-2005, 11:16 PM
I think the hotel rooms will be available at 12pm. Not sure, just figuring. thats how it was at KKC.

And im deciding whether to skip, or leave right after classes.. ugh I hate deciding this!!

Hug_the_Monster
10-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm more interested in sleeping than watching the opening ceremonies. Which is why I'll more than likely be sleeping on the way there, after we check in, before the evening comes and maybe half-way through Friday. I'm not sure if I'll be willing to stay awake long enough to go to the dance, perhaps I'll stay awake all through Friday, I am rather lazy though.

Knightfall
10-12-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm skipping my afternoon classes for this, and proud of it. Not that i'm advocating skipping. I'm just saying, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Hug_the_Monster
10-12-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm skipping my afternoon classes for this, and proud of it. Not that i'm advocating skipping. I'm just saying, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Bad, BAAAAD. School = more important than Oni-con?

BlueRose
10-12-2005, 11:24 PM
What well then OC consist of that the schedule booklet wont?

Ive never attending an opening ceremonies =p

Hug_the_Monster
10-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Opening Ceremonies are for old people. =p

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I just feel like I should be filming it, that's all. It somehow seems important. On top of that, Opening Ceremonies just seem like... I don't know... part of the experience. I can't help but want to be there.

Knightfall
10-12-2005, 11:27 PM
I agree. I'm going for sure.

Hug_the_Monster
10-12-2005, 11:29 PM
I just feel like I should be filming it, that's all. It somehow seems important. On top of that, Opening Ceremonies just seem like... I don't know... part of the experience. I can't help but want to be there.

Like I said: For old people.

MarzGurl
10-12-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm nearly 20. How old are you, then? :/

BlueRose
10-12-2005, 11:32 PM
heck, I just turned 20... and I definately dont feel like it ;p

Knightfall
10-12-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm 20 and I dont see how it would make a difference. :0

ZakuKitty
10-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow people close to my age. =O I am 21.

Hug_the_Monster
10-13-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm 11 years old. >_> I swear!

megumibish
10-13-2005, 01:53 AM
*straying away from the age thing*

I heard from the hotel that checkin time is 3:00, since I asked if I could have early checkin when reserving my room. However, the friendly man said you can possibly get in early if your room is not occupied when you arrive. Just how early I'm not sure. If not it goes on a cart in holding.... I'm hoping to get there pretty early since I live like 10-15 minutes away. However, I usually skip the opening ceremony...rather figure out where to stash super sized weapons, then make a mad dash for a speech....

Can foresee another makeup session in the hotel restroom. Good thing I don't have to bind for my early friday costume. That would be nuts to do in a restroom.

Hug_the_Monster
10-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Well, what do you know, someone who went to the Zoo last year. We're thinking about skipping most of Friday now, maybe come durring the later portion of the afternoon, peraps more towards early evening, we haven't quite decided yet. Anyways, MarzGurl was informed of a great tragedy earlier. There is a 90% chance that I will be forced to use a different mask this year for the monster due to reasons beyond my control. If all goes well, I'll retrieve the mask, if not, I'm going to be hard pressed to find a suitale replacement mask. Eitherway, I'll be there in one mask or another. If you didn't get hugged last year, make no mistake I will hunt you down and hug you this year. 'Kay? ^_^

megumibish
10-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Lol, I remember you. Guess I'm getting hunted down by you. hahah

Hug_the_Monster
10-13-2005, 02:26 AM
You and the other two people that were there are the only people who know what I look like. Lol. Yea', you'll more than likely be hunted down this year. (^_^)

loserific
10-13-2005, 06:18 AM
I always liked going to the opening ceremonies. I missed Oni-con's last year but went to Ushicon's and it was fun. It had good info and gets everyone, er, 'ready' for the con? XD I dunno, I like them. ^_^

As for school, skipping the whole day. I live in Chambers county so it's like 45 minutes or so to get there. Plus we are taking about five other people so we have to get all our stuff ready.

MarzGurl
10-13-2005, 09:04 AM
*straying away from the age thing*

I heard from the hotel that checkin time is 3:00, since I asked if I could have early checkin when reserving my room. However, the friendly man said you can possibly get in early if your room is not occupied when you arrive. Just how early I'm not sure. If not it goes on a cart in holding.... I'm hoping to get there pretty early since I live like 10-15 minutes away. However, I usually skip the opening ceremony...rather figure out where to stash super sized weapons, then make a mad dash for a speech....

Can foresee another makeup session in the hotel restroom. Good thing I don't have to bind for my early friday costume. That would be nuts to do in a restroom.

AHA! I knew it! 3:00 check in! For those of us who do wanna make it in early, well... just leave your luggage in the car, I s'pose. (Though I really don't trust leaving all my cosplay stuff in my car.)

Ah, which reminds me, I was in a rear-end collision a while back, and I just took my car in for repairs three days ago. Aparently, this repair job is going to take two weeks. Sounds terrible, right?

Wrong! This is awesome!

They put me in a rental vehicle - a 2005 Nissan Sentra, silver, very comfortable to drive, handles like a dream, accelerates like a terrified gazelle being chased by a hungry preditor. I'll still be driving it by the time Oni-Con comes around next week. Driving in with class!

Amaya De'Morte
10-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Lol Me and my tub of goods (costumes, clothing food.. and enough space to make a bench out of it) will be there at 1 on friday because my friend's that getting me there works at registration. That's k though..

Cosplay sign up is from noon-3 on both friday and saturday, So I'll be signing up on friday. Can't stand to wait, lol. And plus with Hall cosplay being on friday.. yushers.. I'm gonna be there on friday all day. ^^

loserific
10-13-2005, 10:52 PM
I am going to be there all weekend, but not sure when we are going on Friday. I thought about leaving all of my cosplay goods and what not in the car as well and thought it would be fine. I guess not...? I dunno, most likely we will leave it there until we get our room. Maybe get our badges and what not. Can't wait! ^_^

Wrong! This is awesome!

They put me in a rental vehicle - a 2005 Nissan Sentra, silver, very comfortable to drive, handles like a dream, accelerates like a terrified gazelle being chased by a hungry preditor. I'll still be driving it by the time Oni-Con comes around next week. Driving in with class!

XD Awesome. Must be a lot of fun. XD ...'Like a terrified gazelle being chased by a hungry preditor' XDD

basiik
10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
How do you guys plan on checking into the hotel? I mean, for anyone under 21, as I read you must be 21 to check in. Which is inhibiting my friend's plans. And people who need a room can't get a room because they happen to be between the ages of 17-20. -___-

loserific
10-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I am only 16 and all my friends are in that range that are going. But my mom and my friend's mom are paying for the hotel(as a 'sweet 16' birthday gift XD) so they will be checking in for us. I dunno about anyone else though. o.o Man, it will suck though when I am 17 or so going to cons alone and no one over 21 with me. >>;

MarzGurl
10-13-2005, 11:20 PM
My group of friends is pretty much all in their 20s. Not exactly a problem there for me.

MarzGurl
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Double post. >_<

megumibish
10-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Hey Basiik, I'm hotel legal so I'm going to have to check in my bud's friend Tristan.

Edit: misread what you said.

Anyone want to rent my brother for checkin purposes.

Amaya De'Morte
10-14-2005, 03:24 PM
eeee.. almost done with cosplay stuff... Finished my Hatsumi (hot gimmick vol. 1 cover) shirt... finished the little strips of cloth on my Hinoto.. Now I just gotta finish a top to a costume that I'm makin for a friend.. and fix my lanterns for Ladrinne.. and I'm Done!!

the only vash
10-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Hug the Monster, I remember what you look like, I always use to see your pics on MSN messenger. It sucks that you won't be able to use the same mask as last year, but maybe you could use it and say it is "similar" to the one you used last time. -hehe-

MarzGurl
10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Question, though: is Oni-Con going to allow signs for Hug_The_Monster? Technically it's part of his cosplay, however it's not exactly a "legitimate" cosplay, and actually was another one of those on a whim signs, like all the rest of them being banned.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'll miss the signs if only for Hug The Monster. For that reason, and that reason alone, just because he was so harmless and notorious over the course of three days.

R.I.P., Hug The Monster's Sign! (2004 - 2004)

the only vash
10-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Hug The Monster, if anything, was the biggest hit at Oni-Con (IMO). Even after the con, I heard people talking about him for a good while, and I believe he made a record for the number of hugs gotten, I could be mistaken. We should make a petition called "Let Hug The Monster keep his sign." And then put it on the forums, hehe. Anyway, just wanted to put my 2 cents out there.

MarzGurl
10-17-2005, 06:27 AM
Or one thing we could do is let him come on in with his sign, then run around the con with a petition sheet with a ton of signatures from people who want him to keep his sign, so when he takes his sign up to get checked they just can't say no.

the only vash
10-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Great idea Marzgurl, I would have never though of that. Now all someone has to do is figure out when to put this plan into action.

MarzGurl
10-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Hyped yet?

Amaya De'Morte
10-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Completely! ^^ -leaves tomorrow-

Geeze it feels so long away, and I've got SOO much to do still.

fetus
10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
hyped yet?

um, yeah. I don't know if Glitch is going to be ready >_<

MarzGurl
10-18-2005, 11:06 PM
um, yeah. I don't know if Glitch is going to be ready >_<

What? No! You have to work from now until Friday, no sleep, no break!

MarzGurl
10-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Dude... two more days.

Yes.

Pharaoh Atem
10-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Dude, one more day if you're leaving Thursday. > >; /excitement

Ayane_Eiketsu
10-19-2005, 11:13 AM
0 DAYS!!!!!! I'm leaving in less than an hour!! :jjacks: :jjacks: I hope to see all of you there...sorry i haven't posted in a looooooooooooong time. -_-;;

the only vash
10-19-2005, 12:13 PM
i'll be picking up my badge tomorrow!!!! =)

fetus
10-19-2005, 12:59 PM
What? No! You have to work from now until Friday, no sleep, no break!

*salutes*

Sir yes sir!

**update**

I finished all the props, including glitch. So yay.

Diedie
10-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Eeek, I think this is my my first time posting x.x and my first time attending oni-con! ^-^ I will be comming out of town and stuff, and I want to cling to many Jrockers and stuff XD So please look for a Tsumi to batsu Toshiya friday! *bounces around* my friend and I will be so lonely otherwise ._. Hehe, *waves* Bye, bye off to pack ^-^ otherwise I might try and type more *nods*

MarzGurl
10-20-2005, 08:20 AM
I leave in just a little over 24 hours. I got permission from my Fencing instructor to take the day off. I'm absolutely thrilled. Be seeing everybody relatively early!

ZakuKitty
10-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I'll leave around 6:45 or 7, go back to my apartment for a moment then drive back to Houston. It'll be late but that is what I have to do. >> I can't wait! ^^

Amaya De'Morte
10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
whoo! IN houston!

(in the library at my friend's school because she had to go to class)

Nine Inch nails was awesome.. and things are.. hopefully working out. A few kinks happened last night with a commission (namely, leaving it at home along with my debit card)

but.. x.x finally, here.

MarzGurl
10-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Leaving at 10:00 AM tomorrow. I'll be there between the hours of 1 and 2.

Oh, and I hear that the Opening Ceremonies have been pushed to 9:00 AM. That... really sucks. And I hate them all for that reason alone.