PDA

View Full Version : anyone getting in on Thurs?

Ayaka
02-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Anybody getting in Thursday and have room for one (non-snoring, nice!) person in their hotel room? I just figured I'd check before I finalize my flight plans (don't ask why it's so late, there was this thing and . . . nevermind, long story. XP ). So if anyone can save me from having to leave my place at 5AM . . . I'll bring brownies or something . . . ^^;;;

ZiggyB
02-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey Ayaka.

I'm gonna be at Katsu on Thursday, but won't be arriving until like 10pm local time. :/ You might be able to have the hotel hold your luggage until we check in, assuming you haven't found other accommodations.

If you're still interested, just send me a PM.

psythe
02-03-2003, 07:03 AM
I'll be there thursday as well, fairly early around 3PM-4PM or so, HOPEFULLY playing playstation if the TV has the correct hookups ^_^

PM if still needed.

Rosiel
02-03-2003, 09:23 AM
If worse comes to worse, you could always crash at my place. It's about 1/2 hour by metro from the con. Katan will be there for that very same reason, and because we're cheap and would rather not pay for hotel on Thursday. *laughs* We'll be heading out around eleven on Friday to go to the con.

SailorMo
02-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by psythe
I'll be there thursday as well, fairly early around 3PM-4PM or so, HOPEFULLY playing playstation if the TV has the correct hookups ^_^

umm.. I don't think they do... For past katsus there I've brought a vcr with me if anyone in my group wanted to hook up their PS.. Now, if you're gonna do that, bring a pair of needle nose pliers cuz the cable connection has that lovely little deterent thingie.. X_X

oh and bring a surge strip with you too... Never enough sockets...

oh, and you would need to set your vcr to channel 4...

um... I think that's it.. ^__^

Ayaka
02-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Okay, thanks to Ziggy, Psythe, and Rosiel for their offers; I have to go see what I can do with flights and then I'll let you guys know what I'm doing. First I have to run off to the dentist though. :P I'll have sparkly clean teeth for Katsu, I guess . . . :D I'll post and PM as soon as I know, thanks again. ^^

They had those nasty deterrent things at AX . . . XP Nearly killed karaoke plans!

.Hacker
02-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Hehehe...I think someone felll foul of the deterrent at a past OTakon I think....or was it Katsu I can't remember....

Recca-kun
02-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Well, I know we've taken the deterrents off at several cons with needle nose pliers. :D

*To not make this post useless, Recca goes to ask about room*

psythe
02-03-2003, 02:16 PM
i would think they would have AV hookups so you could get your Camcorder on the TV at least, wanting to watch vacation vids and what not. If they have those then you are golden.

i tried calling and the desk person didnt have a clue, and sent me to reservations who never picked up, lol.

Lady_Sephiroth
02-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Hotels don't WANT you hooking stuff up to the TV, they want you to buy pay-per-view and pay-per-play games.

Needle nose pliers, ne?

Sami
02-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I was hoping to get in on Thursday, but with work and all that day it'll be too rushed and I'd like to be a bit more relaxed before I turn into a tornado for the weekend.. ^_^;;;

Ayaka
02-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Okay, I'm hooked up. ^^ Thanks again to people! I shall see you all there, of course. ^^

And best of luck to those trying to hook up their PSs . . .

Tenshi
02-03-2003, 09:33 PM
I'll have to remember the needle-nose pliers trick for future cons ^_^. At AX01 we had to play DDR on a LCD screen that couldn't have been bigger than 6". That was not fun ~~;;.

ZiggyB
02-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Hey Ayaka, might wanna clean our your mail box so I can PM you. :)

Ayaka
02-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Gomen ^^;; Done.

SailorMo
02-04-2003, 12:16 AM
::shakes head::

Are Recca & I the ONLY ones who know the pliers trick???? u.u

Anyway.. it's the only thing that will fit in that metal tube to turn the cable nut-thingie... (Boy, the trouble I start...) Just please remember TO PUT IT BACK!!!! Hotels don't really like you doing that... They want you to rent a separate tv & vcr, and that runs around $100 per day.. Ouchie..

Emeralda
02-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Nah.. I know about it too. My friend James always carried pliers and fixed many a con tv so he could hook up VCRs, his video camera, PSXs.. and various other things.

Mibuzen
02-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Hey. I don't know if you found anyone to stay with yet but I am going to be there early thursday and I need a roommate. Just let me know if you still need a place to stay. Later.