PDA

View Full Version : AnimeOasis 2003

Lynzie
02-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Is anyone going other than me? This con really needs some advertising; only 40-60 people came last year. ^^;; It's located in Boise, Idaho, and it's in late March.

animeoasis.org

LionBoogy
02-02-2003, 09:37 PM
MMMmmEEEEEeeeEEEEeeeEEEeeeee~~~

- Lionel

Michi
02-02-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm planning on it. It depends on transport, but I think I'll be able to make it. ^_^ I won't be cosplaying very excessively; I'll mostly be going to support my group, Yume no Senshi, since I won't be performing with them this con. I'll probably just be there Saturday & Sunday, too..

Lynzie
02-03-2003, 12:15 AM
^_^ I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! (Michi, I think I met you at AX. Friday, I think, in the Hilton lobby. You were talking to Brian, and I was wearing a school girl costume because I had to take my Zelda shoes off or my feet would've been bleeding. XD)

Michi
02-03-2003, 06:13 AM
AX is a blur because of weird sleeping patterns, but I do remember you from.. some point.. yeah. ^_^ Hi! I hope I can go! It's like 85% certain, haha. *goes back to planning secret costume for AO* ehehe.

layne
02-03-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm going, I'm going ^_^

Yunie-chan
02-20-2003, 12:40 AM
I may go, but it's uncertain. ;.; Hope I can..

Lynzie
02-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Yaay! And here I was thinking everyone would be like, "Durr? AnimeOasis? o_O?" ^_^

Yunie-chan
02-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Nah, we gotta try and bring the attendance up! Plus, I wanna show off my mad DDR skills, lol. X D

Michi
02-20-2003, 08:20 PM
I am going to have the most potentially obscure costume ever if I do make it. It'll be awesome. I need to buy materials. x.X

Gates-of-Time
02-20-2003, 08:52 PM
It should make for an interesting con.. Hopefully we will be going.
We are pulling a weekend long costuming fest starting tomorrow, in hopes that if we go, we have new costumes to wear.

Hope to meet some new people (if we get to go)

Andrea

Kageshien Performance Troupe (http://www.gates-of-time.com/index1.htm)

Yunie-chan
02-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Here's to hoping! >.< ::crosses her fingers::

Gates-of-Time
03-14-2003, 08:53 AM
I can't believe the con is next weekend!!!!
We still have so much costuming work to do! All the costumes (13 total) have been started, but none are completely finished.
Anyone else still in the "Con Costume Crunch"?

See ya all there!!!

Andrea

Kageshien Performance Troupe (http://www.gates-of-time.com/index1.htm)

Michi
03-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Blahhh I don't think I can go anymore. ~_~ My ride seems to want to save money for the next con instead. ._. Oh well. Have fun, everyone!

Yunie-chan
03-14-2003, 01:39 PM
I'll be getting some of our costumes done, and we'll get tons done on Sunday Andrea-san! ^_^ No worries!

Oh, obviously, I am able to go!! X D And I'm buying what we need for the costumes today.. fear me power! lol

Lynzie
03-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Aww, Michi... I was hoping you could go. ^^;;

I'm in the costume crunch, too. @__@ I hope I can get the stupid thing done~

Are we going to have a cosplay.com photoshoot, or do you think it's even worth it? ^^;;

Michi
03-14-2003, 11:16 PM
I was hoping I could go too. n.n;;; But a lot has come up lately. Phooey! Gotta make the most of Fanime and AX and such now.. o.o

Gates-of-Time
03-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Well, We are having some major snow here in Colorado, and I-80 (the main highway to AO) is shut down. So it is unuse now if we will be going to AO after all.
Anyone else in Colorado, that is stuck here, instead of heading to AO?

Good luck to everyone who is attending, in getting there!

Andrea

Yunie-chan
03-18-2003, 02:03 PM
'tis not a good day to be a Colorado resident. -.- ::sighs:: One of girls is sick as well, Andrea-san ;.; so 'tisn't looking good.

Lynzie
03-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Oh, how sad! I hope everything works out for you guys!

Michi
03-18-2003, 02:40 PM
YnS seems to be worrying about the CO weather, too... Gah. I've never dealt with snow (this is California, and not the Nevada border... Snow? Where? What's that?) so I dunno what it's like, but I hope everything goes well for everyone. ;_;

Lynzie
03-18-2003, 07:24 PM
LOL. I learned to drive on the freeway in the snow, so it doesn't really bother me, but I understand why others are bothered by it. ^^; It can be really scary. The last thing I want is for anyone to get hurt!

Gates-of-Time
03-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Damn Snow
I can get out, as well as some of the other girls in Kageshien.. but the Parents of some of them are being brats. They do not want us to travel. It is so nice here.. the sun is out melting away the 4 feet of snow.
So to everyone who is attending.. please, please, take lots of pictures

*hugs*
Andrea

Michi
03-20-2003, 04:25 PM
It seems YnS has had to cancel, too... Meeeep. I hope those that still are attending have fun! And yes, photographs! Plenty! ^_^!!

Lynzie
03-25-2003, 12:19 PM
YnS didn't quite cancel. They still did a show, but a lot of the members were not able to come... but it wasn't necessarily due to the snow. Bah. Anyway, I had a WONDERFUL time at AO. ^_^

Michi
03-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Which members did what sort of show? o.o; I just heard yesterday that a few members still performed and was like @_@;?

Lynzie
03-25-2003, 04:39 PM
It was... uhm, Berverly (Sailormoon), Alifay (Mercury), Meryln (the new Mercury), Steph (Taiki), Layne (Seiya), Sarah (Yaten), and... I don't really know the others' names, but there were two others. One of them usually plays Pluto (but she played Haruka and Kakyuu during the performance as well as Pluto. ^^;) and the other girl played Michiru, but she isn't usually Michiru... I dunno. They just did some silly things and sang and had a bunch of random audience members come up and do La Soldier. ^_^ It was lots of fun. I took a ton of pictures, but I haven't put them up yet 'cuz most of them are still on my camera. ^_^

Michi
03-25-2003, 05:00 PM
Ohhh cute. ^_^ Well I wanna see pictures when you can get 'em up! ^^

Lynzie
03-27-2003, 01:43 AM
http://www.tomoyo.nu/cosplay/reports/2003animeoasis/pictures.html

^_^ Sorry about the quality, guys... someone messed with the settings in my image editing program, and I didn't notice 'til way too late.

Michi
03-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Eee! It looks like it was way too fun. XD I wanna go to a small con like that with friends. u.u;

LionBoogy
03-28-2003, 06:11 AM
Aauugghh.. ;_; I wish I was there... ;_; damn tough choices! *kicks himself*

- Lionel

Beverly
03-30-2003, 07:28 PM
We missed you, Lionel! *^^* Much love and hugs to Lynzie and Jess and all the fun people I met! =D

Yes, those people who made it put on a 'show'.. Heh.. If you want to call it that. Halftime show! We had fun, and we're glad people laughed. I got sang to by Seiya! *sparkles.. swoon*

Anyway, we missed our friends who couldn't make it! Here are pictures!

http://faeriewings.net/cosplay/cons/ao2003/

Eventually when I get un-lazy there will be a report up. ^^ But see pictures there for now! =D

layne
03-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Tee hee. It's all about random singing of the "Two Princes" and "I'm Too Sexy". We're insane, but it was fun!!

minako chan
04-02-2003, 01:30 AM
Ummm...just to let you kids know, the guy that runs that is a FREAKIN' PERVERT!!!!!!! At nekocon, he tried to unzip my cammy costume and I was only 17 at the time!!!!! He was mid-twenty something!!!!! I *think* I remember his name being Jeremy... Girls, be careful!

Beverly
04-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Excuse me? How dare you! Jeremy was a perfectly wonderful presence and an excellent con chair... And with your tagline being "I'm a drunky kitty," you don't seem all that credible. Jeremy was inexpressably kind and generous to us.. You'd best keep such 'imaginative' comments to yourself... There are more than enough people to back Jeremy up.

Lynzie
04-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Uhm, yeah. Jeremy is a really nice guy. o_o I can't imagine him trying to do that to anyone, ever!

NinjaOrange
04-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by minako chan
Ummm...just to let you kids know, the guy that runs that is a FREAKIN' PERVERT!!!!!!! At nekocon, he tried to unzip my cammy costume and I was only 17 at the time!!!!! He was mid-twenty something!!!!! I *think* I remember his name being Jeremy... Girls, be careful!

Ok, wait a minute... you don't even remember for sure if it's him, and yet you go around trashing him? That's just wrong. Jeremy has been my friend for a couple of years now, and I know him to be a reputable, wonderful person with a wonderfully warm heart. His con is, in my opinion, one of the most fun cons I've been to. (Would have been there this year if we hadn't gotten snowed in) and I can't say enough nice things about him. I don't know exactly what happened during the incident that you're thinking of, but the Jeremy I know is a good man. I think it's very poor judgement on your part, as well as terribly irresponsible of you to make a post like this. Discussing one's reputation is not something to be taken lightly, and I believe you should amend your comments.

Haruka
Yume no Senshi
Hizashigumi
Borderless Inspirations (Formerly Wind and Sea Creations)

minako chan
04-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Well, I was a very different person two years ago, and I'm just telling you what he did to me. Maybe he cleaned up his act, or something. Gosh, I didn't know that people would be so defensive. Yes, he was a cool guy and super nice and polite in front of everyone, but we were alone for like two seconds and he tried to unzip my costume. I should have known better than to go off alone with him, but I was a nieve little girl back then, and I didn't know anything about men. I was trying to just warn you people. I haven't seen him in two years, so maybe he's changed or something. I have no reason to make up rumors, so to imply that I'm a liar is very unfair. I only tell the truth, so for me to get flamed for this is also unfair. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I just wanted girls to watch their backs. I'm a very credible person by the way and to judge me by my tagline is not right. But I understand your anger. I would be mad too if someone said something about one of my friends. I'm not going to respond to this thread anymore because I don't want to start any thing. PM me if you want to discuss this further.