PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2

SuperCammy
10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone. Have any of you ever cosplayed as a character from Street Fighter? I went to the last convention dressed as Cammy, and my friend was dressed as Ryu. We met another girl there dressed as Chun-Li, which was really cool, and got some photos with her. Then the next day, another group came along dressed as Cammy, Ryu and Chun-Li! I wonder why, out of the 60 or so characters from all the Street Fighter games, comics, movies, anime and stuff, there were two of just those three characters.

My friends and I want to some day make a Street Fighter fanfilm, like those Star Wars ones you always see, which I think would be heaps of fun, and no matter how bad it is, it'll be better than the original live-action movie. :p

cactusmomma
10-09-2005, 09:22 PM
My daughter's cosplayed as Sakura a few times.

By the way, I saw your cosplay on a gaming website a couple days ago...your abs add a fantastic flair to the costume.

SuperCammy
10-09-2005, 09:47 PM
That's cool Renegade, do you have any photos of your daughter in her Sakura costume?

And yeah, I worked out heaps so I'd look more like Cammy for the costume, I believe if you're going to go to all the trouble of making a cosplay costume, you should try and get in character as well. Which gaming website did you see my photos on, I'm just curious because I've only posted about my site on a few friend's forums.

cactusmomma
10-09-2005, 09:55 PM
http://highervoltage.net/mb/showthread.php?p=547007#post547007 One of the guys said something you can smack him for, but otherwise...heh..they're guys. :untrust:

And this is my girl, I'll probably remake the costume for her when she's 2..and stops growing for more than a month...and also won't stop ripping the headband off. XD
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=337600

Pincer
10-10-2005, 02:14 AM
I've done Guy from the Street Fighter Alpha series. Crazy thing is, I've only seen one other on a cosplay website. Been thinking of doing some minor work to the shirt. Seen some pics with red trim around the next and across the chest and others with white. When the figure is released here soon from Sota Toys I'll go with what that has instead. Pain in the behind trying to find the type of Nikes he wears. In the mean time I've been using red Converse hightops.

HuongStar
10-10-2005, 09:03 AM
I've done Guy from the Street Fighter Alpha series.... Pain in the behind trying to find the type of Nikes he wears. In the mean time I've been using red Converse hightops.
Do you have any pictures of the kind of shoes he wears? Maybe I can help.

SuperCammy
10-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Oh wow, she's so adorable! Not only is her costume great, but it looks like she's ready to fight too, how cute! I can't believe they make those red Cons in that size, so awesome.

Hey Pincer, that's rad! Maybe you could try dressing up as Guy in the costume he wears in Final Fight as well, sort of like an alternate costume. Some day I'll make a Shadaloo Cammy costume too, as well as a Cannonspike one. Good luck with the shoes, they're nearly always the hardest, unless your character already wears cons (like Sakura).

Wolverine
10-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Do you have any pictures of the kind of shoes he wears? Maybe I can help.Here're some Guy pics from the SFA series:

pic page 1 (http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/c/sfa3guy.htm)
pic page 2 (http://guy-hittori.tripod.com/id1.html)

Hmm, I don't think anyone has tried doing a costume based off of his Final Fight ver. That I would like to see. :)

F. Fight Guy pic here (http://www.kostenlose-lieder.de/Fotos/Amigaspiele/Final_Fight_01.jpg) & here (http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/collect/big/md_finalfight.jpg) <-- looks more like traditional Ninja garb in that version

1wingedangel
10-10-2005, 01:16 PM
HOLY CRAP SUPER CAMMY you got a great tummy!!! you should make a work out video. Im doing the same right now working out no stop so i can make a good solid snake. like you said why make the costume if you dont get into it. But wow can you stop a bulit with your abs?!?

Pincer
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
In the artistry pics they look like Converse sneakers, but if you look really close at the game sprites you'll see a "swoosh" on the side. **chuckle** I have seen the style of shoe twice. Seen a guy wearing them and they were the same color about 7 years ago and in The Terminator where Reese is getting his clothes he puts on a pair that were grey/black in color. But with all the retro stuff coming back from Nike I might have a chance, so patience is a virtue and I'll pounce when I seen them in a store.

Thinking of doing a Final Fight variant one day. Thinking of getting a buddy of mine to do Cody. Since we're a couple of children of the 80's it would be fitting. **lol**

Good reminder on the abs guys. I need to start working out again or I'm really going be looking chunkier than before!

Jigsaw
10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
For Guy, you'll probably want something like THESE (http://www.instyleshoes.com/nikeshoes/304717661.htm) (alt link (http://www.pickyourshoes.com/collectible/nike_dunk_hi_wht_red.htm)), but I don't know easily you'd be able to get your hands om them.

Pincer
10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Dang!! Almost the right style but the colors need to be reversed. Phooey! Only other kick in the behind is that site has the closest shoe for me to use. One problem. It's a woman's size. **lol**

Whoa!!! Hold it, took a look at PickYourShoes, and oh yeah!! They got a pair that's as close as I can get!! The Air Force II High pair! Red with the white swoosh!

Jiggsaw, you are the man!! Thanks!

Pincer
10-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Wait a sec, could even go with the Nike Epic. Hmmmmm, choices, choices, choices. **lol**

SuperCammy, if you're looking for authentic military boots to use for your costume, that is if you're willing to spring the money for them, go to:

http://www.uscav.com

They carry a large selection of military and law enforcement footwear. Should be able to find a pair that just might match up. Also contact them if you do decide if they have the break down for women's sizes. My catalog doesn't look like it, but they do carry small sizes, even though it doesn't say what gender.

Michi
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
The next cosplay I'm going to be working on (buying the wig this week!) is from Street Fighter Alpha 3. ^_^

Danzikumaru
10-11-2005, 04:32 PM
The next cosplay I'm going to be working on (buying the wig this week!) is from Street Fighter Alpha 3. ^_^

ooh! ooh! Who is it, who is it! Is it Kasumi? Or Maki? RAINBOW MIKA!!!! -dies of fandom-

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what street fighter character I could do...I've thought often on doing Remy, but my figure at the moment won't allow it

...ahh, le sigh

Michi
10-11-2005, 04:45 PM
ooh! ooh! Who is it, who is it! Is it Kasumi? Or Maki? RAINBOW MIKA!!!! -dies of fandom-

Kasumi? XD;

I'll reveal it when work has started. XD I don't like saying my plans before anything's been bought/begun because until then I don't really know if I'll really do it. o_o;

HuongStar
10-11-2005, 04:52 PM
I'll reveal it when work has started. XD I don't like saying my plans before anything's been bought/begun because until then I don't really know if I'll really do it. o_o;
Haha! That is exactly how I am. I can't wait to see your Street Fighter costume; I'm thinking of making one myself. :love:

Pincer
10-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Can't wait to see what you're about to do Michi!

Purple Flames
10-11-2005, 11:00 PM
I've cosplayed as Yun from Street Fighter III at the last few cons I've been to. I'm thinking of retiring the current outfit and redo it to be more accurate to the game.

Other than that there aren't too many other SF characters I'd like to try, especially when I think of all the sweet SNK characters designs there are, hehehe.

livengood
10-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Michi! OMG! Do Rainbow Mika! Mika is such an. OMG fun design! I must consider it once I finish losing wait. I've already droped about 10 pounds in a two week period. Whoo! I'm shooting for 130 pounds for AX06. XD

Lookey: Rainbow Mika cosplayer! http://cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=48780

Oh and actually. Even though it technically isn't exactly Street Fighter. I've been wanting to do the Rival School/Project Justice Characters. Probably Akira and Momo. Whenever I've asked somebody. They've always agreed with me. Momo is evil.... D:

HuongStar
10-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Michi! OMG! Do Rainbow Mika! Mika is such an. OMG fun design! I must consider it once I finish losing wait. I've already droped about 10 pounds in a two week period. Whoo! I'm shooting for 130 pounds for AX06. XD

Lookey: Rainbow Mika cosplayer! http://cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=48780
Tristen's Rainbow Mika is soooo awesome! XD I love that costume!

(And hooray for Rival Schools!)

Michi
10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Well since I really wanna buy the wig this week, I'll probably be gushing about the costume really soon. XD;;

Michi! OMG! Do Rainbow Mika! Mika is such an. OMG fun design!

Hahahaha. I loved Tristen's R.Mika, but I don't think it's really my kind of costume. XD I did have a friend once that wanted to do it, though...

The character I want to be is almost as crazy, however. n.n

Oh and actually. Even though it technically isn't exactly Street Fighter. I've been wanting to do the Rival School/Project Justice Characters. Probably Akira and Momo. Whenever I've asked somebody. They've always agreed with me. Momo is evil.... D:

Someday I wanna do Rival Schools cosplay. Either Iinchou or Kyoko, I think. >_>

Evali
10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I love Street Fighter, I made my friends dress up in an Alpha group with me. We were Alpha Chun Li, Alpha Cammy, and Sakura. Worn at AFO and AWA this year, I have some pics in my gallery.

I would love to see a Third Strike full group, especially Ibuki and Elena.

Vkain
10-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Sounds like fun! I'm currently working on an Akuma cosplay. I've already made the wooden beads and man are they heavy. My friends keep telling me how cool they look that i've actually worn it out with regular clothes and people just can't help but stop and stare at them. LOL

Michi
10-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I've seen Ibuki done quite a lot, but never Elena. o.o Seen Remy and Sean a few times too, so a 3rd Strike group probably wouldn't be too hard to compile. XD

DarkKefka
10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
If I ever cosplay a Street Fighter character, it would without a doubt be Akuma!!! I can never forget the Street Fight Alpha Series and putting the hurt on my opponents with the double air fireball and the Ragin Demon.

My Favorite Streetfigher is Hokuto from SF EX series. I love that girl. It takes skills to use her, which I have.

DarkKefka
10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
I love Street Fighter, I made my friends dress up in an Alpha group with me. We were Alpha Chun Li, Alpha Cammy, and Sakura. Worn at AFO and AWA this year, I have some pics in my gallery.

I would love to see a Third Strike full group, especially Ibuki and Elena.

Those costumes were perfect by the way. I loved all 3 of them! I only wish I have not used up all my film. Did you see the R.Mika and the Vega that was there??

Infernoman
10-14-2005, 03:09 AM
I'm considering for a future cosplay Yun from SF3 and (even though it's not SF) I'm interested in Kyosuke from Rival Schools. But these won't be for some time!

Citrakite
10-14-2005, 03:56 AM
I can't be a Street fighter. My gut would dishonor Ken and Ryu. Like Cammy I need to hit the weights and train for a bit before I try showing up my pecs in a Dark Ryu outfit.

I'm old school SF2 is my prefered games out of the series even though I love Cammy.

Dre
10-14-2005, 04:14 AM
I am notorious for being the great and all-mighty Dan Hibiki for the past two years (@ san diego's Comic-Con International)!

While in that costume, I ended up in the tenth issue of Street Fighter (by Udon Studios), had Capcom Artist, Shinkiro Mori (the guy who did the "realistic" SNK art for the Capcom Vs. SNK Series) draw a sketch of me inside the cover of the american Street Fighter: Eternal Challenge book, had Capcom give me free stuff from their booth, crazy photo-ops next to other Street Fighters and an arcade machine, AND stole the attention of the local Hooters girls from the fat-40-year-old-hopeless-nerds.

AND.....I participated for a cover spot on Animerica Magazine (2004) in costume and met Akiman! ^_^

KOREGA SAIKYO RYU DA!!! >< XD
...............................oyaji! :waaaah:

Dre
10-14-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm a Zero/Alpha player, which means I'm no good at parrying but rule all on Zero Counters!

My favorite character for business (to stomp on victims): Nash/Charlie
My favorite character for style (combos and eye-candy): Cody
My favorite character for quick wins (power-types): M. Bison/Balrog
My favorite character master challenge (root for the underdog!): Dan Hibiki

Dre
10-14-2005, 04:38 AM
.....oh and I plan on doing an Alex (Street Fighter III) cosplay very soon!

Yasuki
10-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I made a costume of sodom here on Chile, last year...

No much people recongnize the Costume...

Bevandera
10-14-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm thinking of making a Guile costume...think I need a wig? If so, any idea where to find/how to make a Guile wig? It'd be my first wigwork. If it seems hard I may just grow my hair taller and perhaps lighten it.

mocha
10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm thinking of making a Guile costume...think I need a wig? If so, any idea where to find/how to make a Guile wig? It'd be my first wigwork. If it seems hard I may just grow my hair taller and perhaps lighten it.

Actually I don't think you would need to use a wig. It's probably better to just let your hair grow. I wouldn't lighten my hair just for the cosplay though, unless it's just something you want to do anyway. If you do decide to go with a wig though you could get one from this site or Amphigory. I think you would have to add wefts to cover the edges though. Good luck! I think you'll make a great Guile!:heart:

Speaking of hair, has anyone attempted Chun-Li's hairstyle? If you did, how did you do it?

Pincer
10-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Love the Sodom costume! Don't see a whole lot of other Alpha characters cosplayed other than Sakura mostly.

One of my friends is going to try for a Cody costume soon. Shouldn't be too difficult to do.

And I'll be ordering my new shoes for Guy tomorrow! That's going to be a welcome modification to my costume. Been hunting a pair of red high top Nikes for some time now, and with a person's help was able to find the right style online. WHOO HOO!!

THE BUSHIN LIVES AGAIN!!!

KatoAlbino
10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Do any of you live within Canada? Or better yet, Ontario? >_< It's mighty lonely being a Street Fighter on my turf...only Ryu's and Chun Li's, and few at that. For shame.

By the way, the Sodom outfit's awesome! Nice work... can't wait to see what the rest of you will show. ^^

Nietsche
10-15-2005, 08:37 AM

My guess would priobably have to be Karin...am I right?

Michi
10-15-2005, 01:14 PM
My guess would priobably have to be Karin...am I right?

Dez is a dirty cheater. XP

LV_Orphen
10-15-2005, 04:05 PM
I also plan on definitely hitting up the Street Fighter series, but I want to expand to other Capcom games. My first costume here that's practically done is Demitri from Darkstalkers. It's kind of weird how I can't find anyone who's cosplayed as Demitri for the life of me....but millions of Morrigans, Liliths, and and B.B. Hoods. :\ And I'm not quite sure who I could pull off in the SF series....need to go over my games. >_< I think Guy would actually be the only guy I'd want to pull off. Ryu's too boring for me. ;) I like my costumes to be a bit more flashy. ^_^

Danzikumaru
10-15-2005, 04:29 PM
I also plan on definitely hitting up the Street Fighter series, but I want to expand to other Capcom games. My first costume here that's practically done is Demitri from Darkstalkers. It's kind of weird how I can't find anyone who's cosplayed as Demitri for the life of me....but millions of Morrigans, Liliths, and and B.B. Hoods. :\ And I'm not quite sure who I could pull off in the SF series....need to go over my games. >_< I think Guy would actually be the only guy I'd want to pull off. Ryu's too boring for me. ;) I like my costumes to be a bit more flashy. ^_^

Dun forget the numerous (and often poorly done) Felicia's out there...

As far as Street Fighter characters are concerned, Wikipedia has a list of every street fighter character ever. You can find some of the more flashy and memorable ones there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Street_Fighter_characters

LV_Orphen
10-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Dun forget the numerous (and often poorly done) Felicia's out there...

As far as Street Fighter characters are concerned, Wikipedia has a list of every street fighter character ever. You can find some of the more flashy and memorable ones there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Street_Fighter_characters

Hahah, agreed, I've seen a few Felicia's as well....but one sticks out as being very good, actually. :D I've noticed that mainly Japanese cosplayers attempt the Darkstalkers characters, not as many American ones.

And Wikipedia rocks, lol, this is a great list! Getting me some ideas for the future. ^_^ I'm a definite video game cosplayer preferrably over anime. ;)

Pincer
10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Yes, do a Guy!! We need more Bushin out there for cryin' out loud!!

LV_Orphen
10-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Yes, do a Guy!! We need more Bushin out there for cryin' out loud!!

Lol, yeah, I'll stick him in my future cosplay list so it'll be official, heh. Need a Capcom character for my next con after Anime Vegas. ;)

Purple Flames
10-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Quick question. Would anyone know where I could get a patch made? I need the same patch that's on Yun's hat (it's a skateboard BTW). If anyone could tell me where I could get one made, then I'd really appreciate it.

Here's a pic so you know what I mean:

Mikei
10-16-2005, 05:39 PM
I've cosplayed Q and Yun so far. I did Yun at Animagic like 2 weeks ago. A lot of 3s characters there. It was fun! My friend is finishing his Remy costume finally so we're going to dress up on halloween together.

Marsha Mellow
10-16-2005, 06:14 PM
I cosplay Chun Li because I never saw anyone with a good enough costume (sorry If I'm inslulting anyone)!!! I'm not saying mine is PERFECT and that IM THE BEST, but, I was just always complaining about how no one looked like Chun Li, or made the costume just right, so I challenged myself to do it right. and I'm very happy with the outcome.
The best Street Fighter characters are the random ones, but I think people like to cosplay characters that people can easily recognize... hence the many Chun Li's, Ryu's and Cammy's ^_^

Pincer
10-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Putting in the order for my Nikes tomorrow. So that will be the final bit of detail for my Guy costume. I can "retire" the Converses finally. **chuckle**

Nietsche
10-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Dez is a dirty cheater. XP

That's untrue, I am remarkably clean!

as for Streetfighters..I would probably like to do Yun or Yang...however when I get to a good age for I want to cosplay Gen!!

Outside of SF....I wanna try Cannon Spike cosplay! (Shiba)...and my dream costume would beeeee...Phobos (Huitzil) from Darkstalkers!!!

YunaLenne
10-23-2005, 12:28 AM
I am getting a Sakura costume comissioned right now :)

Wolverine
10-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking of making a Guile costume...think I need a wig? If so, any idea where to find/how to make a Guile wig?I've seen plenty of Guile cosplays, but none of those cosplayers also did the funky hairdo to go w/ it. :/
Not sure how this person did his, but take a look -> Guile cosplayer (http://www.picubed.com/alisachan/cg/self/cgguile.gif)
Hmm, with the current hairstyle that you have now in your avatar, I think you could even do movie-style Guile (as portrayed by Van-Damme (http://www.cannonspike.com/CamFan/Cammy-cosplay/kylie-cammy/kylie-cammy19.jpg)) … if U wanted to.

My friends and I want to some day make a Street Fighter fanfilm, like those Star Wars ones you always see, which I think would be heaps of fun, and no matter how bad it isHmm… SuperCammy, aren't you from the SRK forums (http://www.shoryuken.com/forums)? Just wondering. There was a thread on some ppl thinking of producing (or brainstorming for) a fan-film there.

I love Street Fighter, I made my friends dress up in an Alpha group with me. We were Alpha Chun Li, Alpha Cammy, and Sakura. Worn at AFO and AWA this year, I have some pics in my gallery.Yeah, your costumes were very colorful & you gals had your fighting poses 'down pat'. During some of your attack poses, you looked like you were copying SF: III Chun Li's crouching animations, but it actually looked neat seeing them done w/ Alpha Chun Li. :)

more pics of your SF (group) cosplay: pic1 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=457600) , pic2 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=434402) , pic3 (http://mitylene.codealchemy.org/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2494) , pic4 (http://www.cutegirlz.net/funsite/conventions/USA/FL/AFO'05/spgm/index.php?spgmGal=Saturday_photos&spgmPic=2&spgmFilters=#pic) , pic5 (http://www.usagichan2.com/AFO6/cosplay-fun.htm) <-- I am deeply disturbed by the metal-heads in these pictures ;)

Too bad, for me anyway, that I didn't get any more pics of you guys at AFO. Worse that I totally missed you guys at AWA 11 in your SFA garb. :(I would love to see a Third Strike full group, especially Ibuki and Elena.I saw an Ibuki cosplayer at that animé con in Tampa. Here's a pic: http://www.cutegirlz.net/funsite/conventions/USA/FL/MtC'05/spgm/index.php?spgmGal=Saturday_photos&spgmPic=110&spgmFilters=#pic

Xanmato
10-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Hmm, if my hair was still blond, it'd be Ken time. I defy ANYONE to do (or find) a Zangief outfit that looks the part!

Jigsaw
10-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Not sure how this person did his, but take a look -> Guile cosplayer (http://www.picubed.com/alisachan/cg/self/cgguile.gif)
That's photoshopped. In any event, I reckon you could do a pretty nice-looking Guile even without perfectly accurate hair. I think slightly shorter hair shaped as accurately as its length allows would look better than a funky wig. But I've never really seen either attempted, so I don't know really. *shrugs*

Infernoman
10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
I cosplay Chun Li because I never saw anyone with a good enough costume (sorry If I'm inslulting anyone)!!! I'm not saying mine is PERFECT and that IM THE BEST, but, I was just always complaining about how no one looked like Chun Li, or made the costume just right, so I challenged myself to do it right. and I'm very happy with the outcome.
The best Street Fighter characters are the random ones, but I think people like to cosplay characters that people can easily recognize... hence the many Chun Li's, Ryu's and Cammy's ^_^

I remember you from AX! You were a fantastic Chun! and I agree some of the more random SF characters are the best to see. it would be awesome to see a Necro or Oro from SF3 done!

Pincer
11-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Got more pics of my Guy costume uploaded! All with the new pair of Nikes I'm sporting!

makio
11-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Not bad... now if I could get the right shoes for my friend and I for our Yun/Yang costumes...

robfalcon
11-02-2005, 05:45 AM
I,ve actually got the outfits to be Guile in his blue camaflouges. Only thing i dont have is the blonde hair. Dying my hair blonde is not an easy task i,m affraid, as i,m natreully dark brown.

Otherwise all i,d have to do is just let it grow a bit, and spike it all up with gel.

hentaigirl82
11-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Im goin to be doing elena this year at katsucon 06 I hope I really do a good job on it. I was wondering would anybody know how to make her neck ring neckless?

Bunnie-Fu
11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm really wanting to make a street fighter costume but don't know. I always liked Chun-li but a lot of people have made her. Plus the fact that I'm 5ft 10in. and not asian XD. My friend Ale_g made Sakura so I maybe I could do something else so we can cosplay together. I might do Karin Kanzuki from Street Fighter Alpha 3, Maki Genryusai from Capcom vs. SNK 2, or Ibuki From Street Fighter 3 which might actually be what I might do. ^_^

DarkKefka
11-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I plan to be Evil Ryu someday.....never can forget using him in Street Fighter Alpha 2 and giving Akuma a taste of his own medicine!!!

Wolverine
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm really wanting to make a Street Fighter costume but don't know. I always liked Chun-Li but a lot of people have made her. Plus the fact that I'm 5ft 10in. and not Asian. XD.If you really want to do a Chun Li cosplay, go for it. Don't mind that it is one of those costumes that have been done so many times before by many others. (Plus, Chun Li is almost 5 foot 8 in. {yeah, she's a tall woman} & your dark-brown hair closely matches hers, so you could probably do a good representation of her.) There's probably lots of chances, conventions, & photoshoots you may get to wear costumes in, & it wouldn't hurt to indulge yourself in a "popular costume" for a few of those. ;) And you'll still have other chances to do more unique cosplay/costumes for other events.

Hmm, if you want something unique but still related to Street Fighter cosplay -- but more specific to the Chun Li character, try this outfit:
a Chun Li outfit (http://www.geocities.com/gwccdude23/chunvoutfit.jpg)

I don't think I've seen anyone do that yet.

DarkKefka
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
If you really want to do a Chun Li cosplay, go for it. Don't mind that it is one of those costumes that have been done so many times before by many others. (Plus, Chun Li is almost 5 foot 8 in. {yeah, she's a tall woman} & your dark-brown hair closely matches hers, so you could probably do a good representation of her.) There's probably lots of chances, conventions, & photoshoots you may get to wear costumes in, & it wouldn't hurt to indulge yourself in a "popular costume" for a few of those. ;) And you'll still have other chances to do more unique cosplay/costumes for other events.

Hmm, if you want something unique but still related to Street Fighter cosplay -- but more specific to the Chun Li character, try this outfit:
a Chun Li outfit (http://www.geocities.com/gwccdude23/chunvoutfit.jpg)

I don't think I've seen anyone do that yet.

It's rarely known. That's her outfit from the V series..and she didn't wear it much. Plus..they might look like another anime character..but when wearing her Alpha or original outfit..it's impossible to miss her.

Evali
11-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Oh no, I have been out of this thread too long and now I have so many things to say! ;_;

Marsha Mellow: I know what you mean about Chun Li, I am a huge stickler for accuracy when it comes to her. What's so cool about Street Fighter girls is that they are so hot, but tough. So please, Future Chun Li's, don't wear stripper heels! (I love your Chun Li, though, Marsha ^_^)

Wolverine: Thank you for the compliments! I see you know your stuff; I actually was playing a lot of SF III and Alpha's crouch move was kind of plain... Babyberry and I worked hard to try and emulate whatever moves seemed plausible.

Rikku_Monkie: It's good that you are taking your appearance and popularity into account. But if you really love a character, you should always do it no matter what. If you do a great job, no one will care how many times they've seen Chun Li, and you're beautiful ;p

hentaigirl82: I am so excited, Elena is my favorite character from SF3 and I just have a feeling you will do a great job!

DarkKefka: Actually... it happens often that people just hungrily yell "CAMMY" and they don't know who I'm supposed to be. ;_; But sometimes there is an angry dude there that defends me "How can you not know who Chun Li is?!"

DarkKefka
11-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Oh no, I have been out of this thread too long and now I have so many things to say! ;_;

Marsha Mellow: I know what you mean about Chun Li, I am a huge stickler for accuracy when it comes to her. What's so cool about Street Fighter girls is that they are so hot, but tough. So please, Future Chun Li's, don't wear stripper heels! (I love your Chun Li, though, Marsha ^_^)

Wolverine: Thank you for the compliments! I see you know your stuff; I actually was playing a lot of SF III and Alpha's crouch move was kind of plain... Babyberry and I worked hard to try and emulate whatever moves seemed plausible.

Rikku_Monkie: It's good that you are taking your appearance and popularity into account. But if you really love a character, you should always do it no matter what. If you do a great job, no one will care how many times they've seen Chun Li, and you're beautiful ;p

hentaigirl82: I am so excited, Elena is my favorite character from SF3 and I just have a feeling you will do a great job!

DarkKefka: Actually... it happens often that people just hungrily yell "CAMMY" and they don't know who I'm supposed to be. ;_; But sometimes there is an angry dude there that defends me "How can you not know who Chun Li is?!"

Who ever doesn't know the difference between Cammy and Chunli......I'd better stop..
Anyway Evali...I loved your Alpha Costume at AWA 11...( I changed my user Name.....) I was unable to get a pic do to low film...but I did get Imerila's Sakura. You girls rocked!!! I'm going to AZ next year..and I might be evil Ryu...so if you have time to help me..let me know.

Jigsaw
11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Awesome job on the Guy costume, Pincer. Those Nikes look great.

Pincer
11-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks! Now if I can just drop 20lbs or so and be back to what I weighed last year. **l**

izitnick
11-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Hmm, if my hair was still blond, it'd be Ken time. I defy ANYONE to do (or find) a Zangief outfit that looks the part!

I could do a Zangief, but it'd take me awhile to grow the facial hair. I'm a little furry in the chest and have his build (in a realistic, non-SF way :P). Amateur wrestlers unite!

I would, however, need a COMPELLING reason (like a big SF cosplay group) to wear a white speedo around a con.

Pincer
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
you wouldn't be wearing a speedo. I think you can find pro wrestling trunks somewhere on line or have someone sew up a pair. Plus you could walk around wearing his cape to keep you somewhat covered!

Hell, I wear spandex pants for two of my King costumes from Tekken. If I can do it, you can do it! **lol**

izitnick
11-16-2005, 12:41 AM
I wore Under Armour leggings (tights) for my Solid Snake costume :0

Danzikumaru
11-16-2005, 03:03 AM
I could do a Zangief, but it'd take me awhile to grow the facial hair. I'm a little furry in the chest and have his build (in a realistic, non-SF way :P). Amateur wrestlers unite!

I would, however, need a COMPELLING reason (like a big SF cosplay group) to wear a white speedo around a con.

White? Dude....his rasslin' tights are red...cuz in Soviet Russia, Piledriver Spins You!

Deuce_VII
10-04-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm planning a Guile costume (*sarcastic chuckle* the avatar is just a "coincidence").

Yeah, so I'm not nearly as built as he is, but I can do the hair. I know that must count for something. RIGHT?!?

mr-kobayashi
10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Well I'm planning a Sagat costume for next year, sometime uring the summer.
It's a lot of work, but I can see some results after a lot of workout.
I'll let you know the results guys!

vietbaboon
10-05-2006, 12:56 AM
im going to cosplay Yang Lee for Anime Boston 2007! i think i got the hair down...growing the front bangs longggg and hairspray it like crazy lol buying fabrics to make the top and the arm thing.

kikkoman86
10-27-2006, 04:15 AM
this was a REAL last minute spur of the moment choice
my own version of yun.
but i plan to cosplay yang next.

happy halloween!

*Icca*
10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
can anyone help, just wondering what wud be the best way to make shadowloo cammy's red gloves?

Wolverine
11-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Can anyone help; just wondering what would be the best way to make Shadowloo Cammy's red gloves?Here's a site where one SSF2 Cammy cosplayer described how she did her Delta Red Cammy gloves: link here (http://www.cammysite.com/CosplayCreation.html)

The closest thing I've seen on the web so far that could be used for starting out a pair of Cammy Shadowloo gloves are these: (look for plain red arm chaps near bottom of page) (http://www.hawgstuff.com/html/arm_chaps.html) <-- But the finger holes look like they're cut too close to the palm, and Cammy's gloves look more like these: reference pic (http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sfa3/series1/cammy.gif) another reference pic (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/exitrocks/cammy-intro-ssf2t-anim.gif)

Tikki
11-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Cammy's gloves are similar to Juli/Juni, which I've made a few years back. Here's my costume section of Juli: http://members.cosplay.com/costume/61402/
It's essentially felt-covered foam shapes with all the hard bits made of celluclay and paper clay. I'll be remaking Juli/Juni for Otkaon '07 in a different color variant, so I'll be toying with the armor again. I think I'll stick with the soft prop format, since it's really comfortable.
Aside from Juli/Juni, I've made a set of other Street Fighter costumes for a group I pulled together this past summer. We used Alpha Chun Li (http://members.cosplay.com/costume/51567/), Sakura, Akuma, and Ryu. Here's the image folder for the whole group, including some progress images on costume parts: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=47498&member=46522
Tikki

Yukari Kaiba
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
yikes, last post in this thread was in 2006 D:..oh well i resurrected it XD
anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew of a pattern i could use to base my gloves off of for my Yun cosplay (or at least a tutorial). any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Deathfire
05-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Whoo, just poppin' in here to say that I'm strongly considering cosplaying as Crimson Viper from IV. Like...omg...she's really hot. XD I'm not too concerned about the entirety of her wardrobe, but the hair really concerns me. I really want to be accurate as possible and have it at the real length AND I would like to use my real hair since she pulls it back in that crazy do. But so many things kick in at this point.

Should I grow my hair 50 ft. to her length and then braid it?
Or should I get hair extensions?
Should I bleach and dye my hair if I grow it to the actual length (I have dark hair)?
Should I just hairspray my hair that maroon color like crazy?

EDIT: Hah, I just figured out my problem (well not really). For now I've decided to do a white variant of C. Viper's outfit, so then I can probably use my real hair color to "oppose" the original maroon color.

Now I just gotta find everything else...XDDD;

Does anyone have a suggestion? ^.^'

SFDevotion
05-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi Cammy! Its me! Good to see you on Cosplay.com!

Sharp
06-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey. To any street fighter fans interested in doing M. Bison, I've found a soviet hat almost identical to his on ebay. The ornament would need to be created and added, but it's almost perfect, otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Railway-Station-COMMANDANT-Visor-CAP-Soviet-Army-hat_W0QQitemZ160247255615QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10954Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Syrinx
08-22-2008, 11:21 AM
hey guys! question time! :) i'm thinking about doing a chun li costume, how should i go about the spikes? i have some ideas, but i'm a little worried about them sliding all over my wrist. you know, if i make the hole big enough to fit over my hands, they'll be too big on my wrist. should i make them in 2 pieces and attach them together with velcro? would that even hold? i don't want anything falling apart. anyway.. suggestions please! thanks!

Demon Doll
08-28-2008, 10:55 PM
hey guys! question time! :) i'm thinking about doing a chun li costume, how should i go about the spikes? i have some ideas, but i'm a little worried about them sliding all over my wrist. you know, if i make the hole big enough to fit over my hands, they'll be too big on my wrist. should i make them in 2 pieces and attach them together with velcro? would that even hold? i don't want anything falling apart. anyway.. suggestions please! thanks!

I found mine at a halloween costume store. It was a rubber spiked collar, I cut it in half, put velcro on it...Hehehe, yet again I throw you my tips! Don't care, I'm not a stuck up cosplayer that hides everything that I do to make my costumes. :toothy::bigtu::burger:

Demon Doll
08-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Whoo, just poppin' in here to say that I'm strongly considering cosplaying as Crimson Viper from IV. Like...omg...she's really hot. XD I'm not too concerned about the entirety of her wardrobe, but the hair really concerns me. I really want to be accurate as possible and have it at the real length AND I would like to use my real hair since she pulls it back in that crazy do. But so many things kick in at this point.

Should I grow my hair 50 ft. to her length and then braid it?
Or should I get hair extensions?
Should I bleach and dye my hair if I grow it to the actual length (I have dark hair)?
Should I just hairspray my hair that maroon color like crazy?

EDIT: Hah, I just figured out my problem (well not really). For now I've decided to do a white variant of C. Viper's outfit, so then I can probably use my real hair color to "oppose" the original maroon color.

Now I just gotta find everything else...XDDD;

Does anyone have a suggestion? ^.^'

LOL You have no idea how much a hate her!
Anyways:toothy:, you can try to grow your hair out, make sure to cut the dead ends so it will help your hair grow faster.
Your hair is dark..You can dye over it but it would hardly be noticeable until your in sunlight. I used to dye my hair a lot, I have dark brown hair, it's ok if you want it a darker color than bright.
Bleach should be done if you want it brighter, but get it bleached by someone who knows what they are doing, bleaching can fry your hair if you mess up. Even if it costs a pretty penny at some places for a bleach, but I'll rather do that then fry and ruin my hair. :(

I would wait on extensions until 2-1 month before the con your using it for the latest if it seems your hair won't grow to the length you want it.

Check out some normal stores where they would have women's work clothing, then crop the hell out of it! Hehe! A long day at the mall should help you find almost everything you need.:bigtu:

paper cosplay
08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey. To any street fighter fans interested in doing M. Bison, I've found a soviet hat almost identical to his on ebay. The ornament would need to be created and added, but it's almost perfect, otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Railway-Station-COMMANDANT-Visor-CAP-Soviet-Army-hat_W0QQitemZ160247255615QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10954Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

thanks this was actullay going to be my question. I have a friend who wants to do a street fighter question he was thinking ken but hes a very big guy. I think he could make a great M.bison

gogoedward
08-31-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm thinking of doing El Fuerte, as it consists of two pieces, the mask and the pants, and he's sooooooooooo much fun to play as (despite him taking way too much damage, broke!)

I'm gonna need to figure out how to make a luchadore mask, but other than that the rest seems relatively simple to do.

Syrinx
08-31-2008, 02:02 PM
haha thank you again, demon doll! =^.^=

Ghai
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Question before I pursue a certain outfit...

Does Abel in Street Fighter 4 have a Mohawk, or not? In his official picture its there, but in gameplay its nearly impossible to see.

Demon Doll
09-02-2008, 10:07 PM

Does Abel in Street Fighter 4 have a Mohawk, or not? In his official picture its there, but in gameplay its nearly impossible to see.

I think he did but it was a long time ago when I last saw it. Sorry! :(

Demon Doll
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm thinking of doing El Fuerte, as it consists of two pieces, the mask and the pants, and he's sooooooooooo much fun to play as (despite him taking way too much damage, broke!)

I'm gonna need to figure out how to make a luchadore mask, but other than that the rest seems relatively simple to do.

Woot! Aewsome! Go for it!

Halloween is coming, you may find one close to it or just like it. I remember they used to be everywhere!
If not, it should be very easy to make, wait until your sewing store has sales of costume patterns(because they are 17 bucks normaly or more..I wait till they are 1 dollar each when I buy.), when they do, look for patterns that have masks. That should help you out!

Wolverine
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM

Does Abel in Street Fighter 4 have a mohawk or not? In his official picture it's there, but in gameplay, it's nearly impossible to see.No, he doesn't have one. His hairstyle can be clearly seen here (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/abel-character-street-fighter-iv-1.jpg) & here (http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/859/859658/street-fighter-iv-20080314034642443_640w.jpg) & here (http://blog.capcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/sf4_02_49.jpg). <--- click for links

Kage Rinku
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello there! I have a question to any of those who can help me!

Recently, I was able to get my girlfriend interested into the amazing SF series and Chun Li happens to be her favorite character so far. Anyways, I was wondering if there are any tutorials or low price Chun Li costumes that I can help make/purchase?

Hopefully if I can persuade her to go to AX'09 she will be willing to cosplay as her but the problem is we don't know where to start ... yes, sadly we are considered newbs. Help the Kage please!

Cayomi
09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I will link you some in a private message. Just posting the fact, so everyone knows you got some help on it.

Ghai
09-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Ah, he just has a tuff of hair. Thanks, that was bugging me for a while.

Kage Rinku
09-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks so much Cayomi!

Ponthion
09-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone :)
I need help, 'cause I want to do a Ibuki Cosplay... My problem is that I have no idea how to fix the braid. I tried it with wire (don't know if this is the right word) and then wrapped around badange, but it always sags. And my hair isn't long enough yet, but I think when it grows more this problem grows, too.
Does anyone has a suggestion? :(

Cayomi
09-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks so much Cayomi!

No problem. If you need anything else, please feel free to ask. :)

Kage Rinku
09-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Oh man ... making Sodom is harder than I thought >.>

Syrinx
09-21-2008, 11:05 PM
hey guys :) just thought i'd ask here... do any of you own this figure... http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Other/Features/2008/Street%20Fighter%20Retrospectives/Chun-li%20and%20Blanka/screens/ChunLi_figure1--article_image.jpg if so, would it be possible of one of you to get a close up picture of the front of it. thanks =^.^=

*laughs* random bit of silliness for ya...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIlBLwEDeHY

Demon Doll
10-04-2008, 07:27 PM
hey guys :) just thought i'd ask here... do any of you own this figure... http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Other/Features/2008/Street%20Fighter%20Retrospectives/Chun-li%20and%20Blanka/screens/ChunLi_figure1--article_image.jpg if so, would it be possible of one of you to get a close up picture of the front of it. thanks =^.^=

*laughs* random bit of silliness for ya...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIlBLwEDeHY

No, sorry, i only have a small one of chun li

sarahl
10-15-2008, 05:28 AM
I've cosplayed Makoto at work before. Super simple outfit. We had to do SF cosplay when IV came out, needless to say most people chose Ryu haha

Solai Tsukada
10-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Yay for Street Fighter! To Eirtakon in Dublin this year, I will be cosplaying as Chun-Li, with my husband and his brother as Ken and Ryu, respectively. I plan on making a Sakura costume for me and a Dan for my husband next year and, if we can get him to show up on a Sunday, a Guy for his brother.

wartooth91
02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
you sir, have a fantastic beaded necklace, i was also thinking of doing an akuma, either that or a Ken cosplay.

http://www.buycostumes.com/Street-Fighter-Chun-Li-Adult-Costume/34067/ProductDetail.aspx

usuallu out of stock, but it never hurts to try

Hotaru230
03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I have been looking at doing the alternate version of Sakura from SFIV for MomoCon, but am really clueless as to what her shirt she wears under her gi has on it. if anyone can find pics or has any good ideas of what to do for this that would greatly help me. this is all I could find so far and this con is next weekend. 0_0
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/TheToonDevil/Other%20Stuff/Capcom/6.jpg
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq289/TheToonDevil/Other%20Stuff/Capcom/7.jpg

Pincer
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
That looks like a Japanese gym outfit underneath her gi. And I'm not surprised they put that on her. **lol**

TheHero Of Time
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
just a question??? does anyone here do any kind of martial arts? me and my martial arts ins. do and we are doing a Ryu vs Ken fight for a big award show for our school.

Cayomi
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM
just a question??? does anyone here do any kind of martial arts? me and my martial arts ins. do and we are doing a Ryu vs Ken fight for a big award show for our school.

I teach Tae Kwon Do.

TheHero Of Time
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
ok lol just asking

Pincer
03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I know Tae Kwan Leep. **chuckle**

Scyerline
03-04-2009, 06:14 PM
for the upcoming con my BF and i were planning to go as Chun li (sports outfit) and Dan

i can't seem to figure out how to do chun li's shoes....
http://www.gamehotties.com/characters/chun-li.asp?i=11&l=true

Hotaru230
03-04-2009, 11:18 PM
That looks like a Japanese gym outfit underneath her gi. And I'm not surprised they put that on her. **lol**
I know this much, I just don't know what's on her shirt.

Ghai
03-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I wrestle, though many won't say thats a martial art =\

Adamoluna
03-05-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm working on Crimson Viper atm!
It's a simple cosplay, but I'm gonna put some real effort into the details to make it absolutely accurate. Can't wait 'till it all comes together! :)

Aleri
03-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Yo everyone, sooo new here, but I came for a reason, I absolutely Love Cosplay girls, more or less street fighter ones, Street Fighter is a HUGE part of my life, I am a tournament player and an event coordinator in my area (Southern Virginia)
I also run a website in which i detail all my experiences.

Basically im here to meet cosplayers and lend my Knownledge of street Fighter to anyone who needs it, i know everything about every character...trust mee

:]

If anyone has any questions you can contact me on aim- comebackacademy
yahoo- everlast_4life

myspace- http://www.myspace.com/fallinthelineoffire

:D

oh and I know Muay Thai and and Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu for the guy that asked about the Martial Arts

Bunnie-Fu
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
for the upcoming con my BF and i were planning to go as Chun li (sports outfit) and Dan

i can't seem to figure out how to do chun li's shoes....
http://www.gamehotties.com/characters/chun-li.asp?i=11&l=true

I suggest looking for some sneakers with the same color pattern. I know NIKE and Kangaroos usually have colors like that.

I'm planning to cosplay Chun-Li in her original outfit. But the sleeves are way to poofy looking to me. Would it matter much if I just unpoof the sleeves for her costume?

Also, her spiked bracelets. Best way to approach those? I have some foam spike things that I got from a craft store and was going to cover them in plaster and paint them. But what could I use for the actual bracelets themselves?

Aleri
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Street Fighter is so amazing, anyone planning on Sakura?

Aleri
03-09-2009, 04:47 PM
HM it saddens me this thread is so quiet
:[

Bunnie-Fu
03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Street Fighter is so amazing, anyone planning on Sakura?

I was planning on doing Sakura but instead of the sailor uniform doing her gym clothes uniform instead.

Chun-li is on my top list of Street Fighter cosplays to do though.

I also am interested in doing an Ibuki cosplay as well

Adamoluna
03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I guess I can post some progress!

I got the base for Crimson Viper's jacket and trousers done, just need to fit the trousers more snugly around the legs and the jacket needs a gold lining.
The shoes are almost finished too, and they look so goddamn sexy! XD
The red heel is just... awesome.

The wig is in the making, and I've yet to make the white vest and gloves, but they'll be done in no time.
atm, my biggest worry is the glasses... Haven't a clue how to make the nose-clip for them.

Solai Tsukada
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
For anyone planning on cosplaying the alternate costume for Sakura, here's a picture of her gym uniform. It's not the best (taken with a camera from the tv) but it's a basic look of it. Her shirt has dark blue sleeve cuffs and collar with her small red mock turtle neck underneath, and red gym shorts with 2 white stripes on the side. I don't know what her sleeve says though. As you can see, she's wearing her trademark red gloves and a pair of black socks with her red converse like shoes. I hope this helps.:toothy:

Aleri
03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
for anyone wanting Sakuras alternate here you go

Starts at 7:48
then at 9:01 it shows the pe outfit excluding Gi, hope this helps

http://shoryuken.com/?p=937

P.s. this video also shows all of the female fighters normal and alternate costumes :]

TheHero Of Time
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
i know everything about every character...trust mee

ok im here to ask you....what are kens taunts translated in to and do you pronounce them?

Bunnie-Fu
03-10-2009, 07:35 PM
For anyone planning on cosplaying the alternate costume for Sakura, here's a picture of her gym uniform. It's not the best (taken with a camera from the tv) but it's a basic look of it. Her shirt has dark blue sleeve cuffs and collar with her small red mock turtle neck underneath, and red gym shorts with 2 white stripes on the side. I don't know what her sleeve says though. As you can see, she's wearing her trademark red gloves and a pair of black socks with her red converse like shoes. I hope this helps.:toothy:

for anyone wanting Sakuras alternate here you go

Starts at 7:48
then at 9:01 it shows the pe outfit excluding Gi, hope this helps

http://shoryuken.com/?p=937

P.s. this video also shows all of the female fighters normal and alternate costumes :]

Oh wow these really helped a lot! I was trying really hard to look for a picture of Sakura's gym uniform but couldn't find anything. Thanks so much!

Scyerline
03-12-2009, 01:17 AM
I suggest looking for some sneakers with the same color pattern. I know NIKE and Kangaroos usually have colors like that.

I'm planning to cosplay Chun-Li in her original outfit. But the sleeves are way to poofy looking to me. Would it matter much if I just unpoof the sleeves for her costume?

Also, her spiked bracelets. Best way to approach those? I have some foam spike things that I got from a craft store and was going to cover them in plaster and paint them. But what could I use for the actual bracelets themselves?

yeah i decided i'm just going to make the shoes. it'll be cheaper lol.

if the sleeves are too poofy, you can try making them slightly smaller to your liking :) as for the bracelets you could get some 1/2" foam, make it around your wrists, and hotglue the type of fabric you want to be on there... (like spandex or something)

edit: poo.... they don't have Chun Li's alpha suit in the new game.... makes me sad D:

Pincer
03-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Almost done with El Fuerte's mask. Then it's onto the spandex portion. **chuckle**

Truest_Strike
03-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Pincer, the El Fuerte cosplay should be awesome.

I really want to cosplay as Abel for Jacon and I guess the only thing I'm thinking about is the hair, the scars, and I'd like to do something for the eyes. During his Ultra in SFIV they turn a different color--kind of silver-esque, I think, or maybe a black...I have to see a better screenshot, but yeah the materials should be easier than the other stuff (eyes, hair, and scars)

Any suggestions for the scars, anyone?

Aleri
03-17-2009, 10:31 PM
ok im here to ask you....what are kens taunts translated in to and do you pronounce them?

ok im going to Assume that your asking about Street Fighter 4 ken?

If so i can record a video for you showcasing them all in english

unless you wish to keep the Japanese Flair XD

TheHero Of Time
03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I would prefer the japanese. but i will take anything lol. thx for all your help.

Adamoluna
03-18-2009, 08:07 PM
thanks so much for the vid Aleri!!! that's extremely useful! :3

I'll be finishing the glasses for C.Viper soon! :D

CaptainJWesker
03-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm going to cosplay as Juni, and possibly Sonya at some point.

Truest_Strike
03-19-2009, 08:43 PM

C Viper is awesome! Good luck on the costume. She is my favorite new character in SFIV, along with Abel.

Viper just has "cool" written all over her :skidude2:

It would be nice if someone did a Gouken cosplay.

Pincer
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I'd be nutty enough to do a Gouken cosplay. Just not sure about shaving my head. **lol** I know, I know rubber skull caps. :P

Only question is, which variant? The Udon comics one (prior to his "death") or SFIV.

Truest_Strike
03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Hah, I was just about to say rubber skull caps!

SFIV or UDON...that's tough, I like them both, but maybe the UDON one just a little more. Then again I usually think of the SFIV one since Ive been playing it like crazy lately. Shin-Shoryuken all day, every day xD

MajinCrystalia
03-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I still want to cosplay SF....but there are no male characters I can cosplay really. If I was fmeale I would do Sakura. (my fave) or Cammy. (my SFIV main)

Aleri
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
having trouble with the translations, you cool with english?

Aleri
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM

No Problem XD

MajinCrystalia
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
wait...doesn't putting the game in English translate the taunts?

Aleri
03-20-2009, 08:42 PM
stupid me, worded it the wrong way, i meant back translate as in, i cant spell wtf hes saying haha

but thats why i already said i would record a video of English taunts

TheHero Of Time
03-20-2009, 11:38 PM
....sorry.....lol

Aleri
03-21-2009, 02:46 PM
....sorry.....lol

its no problem man, so im guessing english is cool?

TheHero Of Time
03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Can I Have Both? That would rock but i will take whatever.

Truest_Strike
03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Anyone plan on going to Jacon and cosplaying a SF character?

pyro_wolfie
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone in here cosplay Sakura and can suggest a good pattern for her top? >3>

Solai Tsukada
03-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Anyone in here cosplay Sakura and can suggest a good pattern for her top? >3>

I'd say any pattern for a basic short sleeve shirt should work if you alter it. You can look for on google for puffy sleeve patterns. I found one last year for my Chun-Li cosplay, but I don't know where I found it.

pyro_wolfie
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd say any pattern for a basic short sleeve shirt should work if you alter it. You can look for on google for puffy sleeve patterns. I found one last year for my Chun-Li cosplay, but I don't know where I found it.

Ok, Thanks so much for the help ^^

Solai Tsukada
03-29-2009, 11:30 AM
I was featured in a Dublin newspaper on Wednesday in my Ibuki costume. Here's the image if anyone's interested.:toothy:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1959961/

Truest_Strike
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I was featured in a Dublin newspaper on Wednesday in my Ibuki costume. Here's the image if anyone's interested.:toothy:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1959961/

Awesome. Ibuki is another favorite of mine.

Solai Tsukada
03-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Awesome. Ibuki is another favorite of mine.

Thanks! :toothy:

pyro_wolfie
03-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Can anyone help me with Sakura's gloves, I had no luck finding any that looked like hers so I'm going to make them and any help would be much appreciated. Also what does her red undershirt look like exactly? ^^;

Solai Tsukada
03-31-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't know about the gloves, but the undershirt i would think looks like a tight sleeve-less, mid-riff mock turtleneck, if that makes sense.

The Streetfight
04-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Well the reason those three charters were picked is because there the 3 lead charcters of the game and anime. Guile. Ken. Ryu, Sagat, And Akuma are all familer names of the bunch. Im going Dressed as the Raging Bull Boxer Balrog this year.

The Streetfight
04-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Guy uses High top converses in the game! Good going lol

Truest_Strike
05-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Just one more piece and my Abel cosplay will be complete!

Woot!
I'm excited! xD

_Emmy_
05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Hello there! I have a question to any of those who can help me!

Recently, I was able to get my girlfriend interested into the amazing SF series and Chun Li happens to be her favorite character so far. Anyways, I was wondering if there are any tutorials or low price Chun Li costumes that I can help make/purchase?

Hopefully if I can persuade her to go to AX'09 she will be willing to cosplay as her but the problem is we don't know where to start ... yes, sadly we are considered newbs. Help the Kage please!

I will link you some in a private message. Just posting the fact, so everyone knows you got some help on it.

I really wanna do Chun Li also this year, and I'm collecting any advice I can for her outfit! So far I got the boots, and the hair buns will be easy. I just need a little help on the dress. T.T

Cayomi, if you see this, is it possible if you can also send me the same pm regarding the Chun Li cosplay you sent Kage Rinku, since I'm in the same situation XD I'm a noob ;_; I would really appreciate it n_n

OneWingedSeraph
05-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey all! I'm planning on cosplaying Ken at DragonCon this year, but I've got one problem--I haven't been able to find brown sparring gloves ANYWHERE online! Has anybody else had luck finding/making them?

Please help! =/

Necro Mat
05-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Hey! I'm looking to do an M.Bison cosplay four months from now. My friend is going to make the shoulder pads, shin pads and bracers out of metal for me, but after having spent a whole night searching the net for M.Bison costumes or clothes that look remotely like those that M.Bison wears I've got nothing! Can anyone give me a hand please?

Truest_Strike
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Wish I could help with the brown gloves and M Bison info. I'll see who might know though.

Is anyone going to Otakon or San Diego Comic-con as a Street Fighter character?

Pincer
06-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Got three new pics of my updated Bison costume from Project A-Kon this year. I streamlined the shinguards when I originally did them for Otakon 2008 and I redid the cape to where it looks like it's attached to the shoulder armor, but it really isn't. Unfortunately I didn't have El Fuerte done in time for the past weekend. Ran into some issues with the pants. Hopefully I can get it done here in a couple of weeks.

Necro Mat: Unfortunately I did my M. Bison costume from scratch (minus the hat I used, and the boots). I took a long sleeved shirt pattern and modified it to be a bit longer and with a Mandrin styled collar. The pants also came from a regular pattern. I've never really seen anything in stores and online that would match what is used in the game.

Ms.chif
06-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Alright so I'm planing on being Vega for Acen 10, but I have no idea how I'm going to make the Mask or his claw, if you guys have any advice, It will much be appreciated! Thanks!

Truest_Strike
06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Pincer: Saw the new images and they were great! I finished up Abel finally and now I'm working on Ryu, but his alternate costume from SFIV, where he looks like a homeless dude basically.

Pincer
06-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Mugen: thanks! You're Abel looks awesome! Funny thing is, I downloaded those costume packs awhile ago and I haven't played SFIV since to see all of them. Been too busy lately. **chuckle**

Ms. Chif: Hmmmm, I was thinking thin foam and plastic if you're making the mask from scratch. As for the claws not sure. There's a Vega cosplayer lurking around that can probably give better advice on those parts.

Ms.chif
06-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks Pincer!

Pincer
06-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Ms. Chif: No problemo!!

Now if I can just get off of my butt and get back to work on the pants for El Fuerte. Ran into a small problem with an extra layer of fabric for the front. Hopefully I'll have it figured out soon, then it's almost done! Have to finish the last of the mask, do the yellow wrap, then knee and elbow pads.

Truest_Strike
06-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Pincer! And for the alternate costumes, well, once you've seen them and use them for a bit, you just kind of go back to the original outfit. Though that's just me.

Oh and are you going to carry around a frying pan for El Fuerte? xD

I'll show up at Otakon with what I guess I'll call dirty Ryu (Battle damage actually xD) and Abel.

Pincer
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
I probably will have the frying pan for the costume. And to add insult to injury I'm doing the ahem, chef's hat and apron shown in the short story in issue #3 of Street Fighter II Turbo form Udon comics. **chuckle**

If any of you haven't seen what El Fuerte was wearing in that short story, I suggest you do. It's hilarious!

Truest_Strike
06-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Nice! The apron and chef hat he wore in the UDON comic is similar to his alternate costume in SFIV. Speaking of alternates...

I finally finished the Ryu alt from IV but in white. Took it to AnimeNEXT that just passed and it went great. Carried a blue beach ball with me that gave the hadouken shots the extra touch of detail xD

~H~
06-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey all! I'm planning on cosplaying Ken at DragonCon this year, but I've got one problem--I haven't been able to find brown sparring gloves ANYWHERE online! Has anybody else had luck finding/making them?

Please help! =/

*WOOT* Hooray for Ken ^_^. When I did my Femme Ken costume I made my own gloves out of foam, glue, and fabric....and they actually ended-up looking closer to those in the character design than the real thing.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/93759/

Mine were black, but I'm sure it could be done with brown fabric as well.

Truest_Strike
06-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Pincer, or anyone else, what would you rather see: Gen's default alternate costume color being cosplayed, or Gen's 10th color alternate costume color, which is white?

Pincer
06-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd probably go with Gen's default costume.

OneWingedSeraph
06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
*WOOT* Hooray for Ken ^_^. When I did my Femme Ken costume I made my own gloves out of foam, glue, and fabric....and they actually ended-up looking closer to those in the character design than the real thing.

Thank you so much! I'm gonna see if my wife can do that for me--I have no creative talent. :waaaah:

Again, thank you!

~H~
06-17-2009, 01:11 PM
@Seraph: My pleasure! I hope it will work well for you, and I look forward to seeing your Ken costume ^_^. Ken needs more love!!!

Demon Doll
06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
I really wanna do Chun Li also this year, and I'm collecting any advice I can for her outfit! So far I got the boots, and the hair buns will be easy. I just need a little help on the dress. T.T

Cayomi, if you see this, is it possible if you can also send me the same pm regarding the Chun Li cosplay you sent Kage Rinku, since I'm in the same situation XD I'm a noob ;_; I would really appreciate it n_n

If you know how to sew find a Chinese dress pattern. Do the top kind of backwards, all the patterns seem to call for the fancy button part on the top to be on one side while Chun Li has it on the other(the top where the gold frogs(buttons) are).
Also look for any other patterns that have a puffy sleeve. I think I used 2-3 patterns just to make mine.

I highly suggest a back zipper, then stitch down the white belt on the side so it doesn't move around if you have silk like fabric. Also put velcrow (I hope the spelled that right! o.x sorry.) in the back because the zipper will be there.

Hope that helps a wee bit!

Truest_Strike
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I think the default would be better also. Though the white one is nice! o:

Also, anyone know where I can get a blue striped prison outfit? xD I've checked a few sites but have had no luck so far. I'm just trying to help a friend out who is going to cosplay for the first time and wants to be Cody from Alpha 3. Should he just get a regular blackl-and-white one which is more common and....paint the black stripes blue? Is there another way? (To make it easier for him)

Demon Doll
06-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I think the default would be better also. Though the white one is nice! o:

Also, anyone know where I can get a blue striped prison outfit? xD I've checked a few sites but have had no luck so far. I'm just trying to help a friend out who is going to cosplay for the first time and wants to be Cody from Alpha 3. Should he just get a regular blackl-and-white one which is more common and....paint the black stripes blue? Is there another way? (To make it easier for him)

Try any local fabric stores???

Pincer
06-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I actually got the spandex pants for El Fuerte to come out right!!! **lol** I know that sounds bad, but with the initial stress test and seeing how it fits before I do the final detailing overall it came out well. I just have to do um, ahem some adjustments underneath when the time comes. Don't want to end up looking like some guys in spandex outfits to where the "junk" just isn't set up right. **lmao**

With any luck I'll have this sucker done this week! And maybe some pics just before Otakon. Just have to work on shrinking my stomach down some more. :P

Truest_Strike
06-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Seeing El Fuerte at Otakon is gonna be awesome. I've playing the training mode with just about every character, at least those I know who I'll see at Otakon that will be cosplayed. I want to try and get some epic shots xD

Hmmm, I believe there will be a Zangief (who I hope shows up to the SF shoot). I say either him, me, and whoever from the SF crew should take a pic with their head planted on Fuerte's frying pan. [Insert SF character name here] a la carte >:P

DarkGunner
06-28-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm hoping someone here can help me out since my Google-fu has failed me. What in the world is the symbol on Cammy's Delta Red Beret? I've looked at a bunch of official art as well as fan art and the best I could come up with was an eagle with a checkered shield in the middle?

I am referring to symbol on the yellow triangle of her beret if there is any confusion. Thanks for any advice/assistance you can offer! (:

Truest_Strike
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
According to my friend it's England's coat of arms symbol but that has 3 lions on it and Cammy's seem to be, like you said, an eagle. But if it were an eagle, then it might be Gernamy's coat of arms symbol. I'm not sure I'm still finding out xD

Maybe Capcom made their own symbol up.

I'm waiting for a reply from a friend who has super reliable sources when it comes to those details :P

DarkGunner
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
According to my friend it's England's coat of arms symbol but that has 3 lions on it and Cammy's seem to be, like you said, an eagle. But if it were an eagle, then it might be Gernamy's coat of arms symbol. I'm not sure I'm still finding out xD

Maybe Capcom made their own symbol up.

I'm waiting for a reply from a friend who has super reliable sources when it comes to those details :P

Thanks much. It's likely Capcom made up their own symbol. I'd love a screenshot of it if someone happens to have one. I tried to pause my version of SFIV but with not much luck.

Truest_Strike
06-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Im checking through my SF artworks book and there is a drawing where it shows the logo pretty well, which should be official art. Though I don't see this same pic on the net, I did find one that is from UDON who work close to Capcom, so I think this is it.

UDON art.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/MugenSC/a2f715e44eccf8bad7905bdd5f58a4e2.jpg

It does look like the Germany Coat of Arms but with like a shield sliced in 4 within the middle of the eagle.

Edit: Fanart work.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/MugenSC/0f5912c8cc91c62b3b325728f0e3b848.jpg

Final edit:
Here is the word on the emblem from Vasili, who is responsible along with others for the Street Fighter plot guide all regarding official information on the story and the little details that are in SF.

Vasili:
"It's an emblem of a black eagle with a red & white crest in its center, both encased in a yellow triangle. No official name is known."

DarkGunner
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Thank you so much! That helps me out a great deal. (:

Truest_Strike
07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
You're welcome!

A preview shot of Gen's alternate costume. 5% done!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/MugenSC/IMG_3660.jpg

I guess the pose--his Ultra finishing pose--can go along with "Walk like an Egyptian", if anyone even remembers that song >:P

my3awds
07-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey guys, did anyone else SF cosplay at AX09? I saw a few of you there. I was Akuma

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2450/3695547952_aa5cf31d6a_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/3694739063_5dac2597b7_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3134/3694739279_247a69b1bb_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2508/3695481316_e06db07149_b.jpg

Truest_Strike
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Excellent Akuma!

And for all the Chun-Li's out there, Capcom is holding a contest, giving away a Chun-Li cel signed by SFIV's producer just for cosplaying as her. Check out the rest of the rules here.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/07/08/dress_like_chun_li_to_win_some_chun_li

Pincer
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Took a bit of time since I stopped work on the El Fuerte mask and pressed on with the bulk of the costume, but I have a couple of pics of the finished mask in my gallery.

Full costume pics won't be done until Otakon time. I want to make sure some things are done even though it is technically finished. :D

Demon Doll
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Excellent Akuma!

And for all the Chun-Li's out there, Capcom is holding a contest, giving away a Chun-Li cel signed by SFIV's producer just for cosplaying as her. Check out the rest of the rules here.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/07/08/dress_like_chun_li_to_win_some_chun_li

Hmm, but it fails to tell where you should send the pic too!! 0.0

Truest_Strike
07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah, the link they provide isn't working for some reason.

Oh and I finished my Gen outfit! Progress pics most likely on Wednesday or Thursday...needs to be full complete by the time I go to Otakon.

call_me_canada
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Alrighty so who can lend me a hand here. Sakura's alternate costume in the game has the under shirt. I can't for the life of me figure out what it says http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/firechicken/DSCI0184.jpg . Anyone able to lend a hand?

Truest_Strike
07-14-2009, 05:29 PM
How about this? I'll look for more, but this is all I found for now.

http://revoltersds.deviantart.com/art/Sakura-WIP-125059118

Also, as far as what it says, I believe it's Kasugano Sakura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakura_Kasugano

call_me_canada
07-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks! That helps a lot :3 It is not blurry woot!

Pincer
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Alrighty, got a good shot of the chef's hat and apron ensemble from Otakon in all it's R. Mika, blue heart-boobied glory in my gallery. **lol** Now I just have to acquire a good shot of just the regular costume in general. :D

saimon
07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
EDIT: Disregard this post.

Truest_Strike
07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks! That helps a lot :3 It is not blurry woot!

It was great meeting you, though it was brief. And sadly, we didn't get any Ryu and Sakura shots -_-
Maybe next time! And the only time I will be going back to Cali is for AnimeEXPO. I've never been there so I figured I might as well check it out =D

Alrighty, got a good shot of the chef's hat and apron ensemble from Otakon in all it's R. Mika, blue heart-boobied glory in my gallery. **lol** Now I just have to acquire a good shot of just the regular costume in general. :D

I sent you pics! It was all epic!

Im still shocked at the lack of Ibuki cosplayers. I thought with the love for ninja then she would be more popular--I guess SF needs to revive her and bring her back in style for the next SF or next SF update. Whatever the case, just bring her back!

kaxblastard
08-01-2009, 08:48 AM
I got yo' Sagat Right hea!

araccoongirl
08-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, did anyone else SF cosplay at AX09? I saw a few of you there. I was Akuma

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2450/3695547952_aa5cf31d6a_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/3694739063_5dac2597b7_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3134/3694739279_247a69b1bb_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2508/3695481316_e06db07149_b.jpg

Wow! You make a great Akuma!

Necro Mat
08-01-2009, 07:01 PM
This October, I am hoping to Cosplay to the London MCM. This is going to be my first EVER cosplay. My friend and his girlfriend are going as Ryu and Chun Li, and as seen as im 6ft 4" I was hoping to go as the big bad guy "The Mighty Bison!" I have been surfing the net for AGES and have not found a SINGLE adult sized M.Bison costume going! Does anyone know a store that supplies one? Or has anyone got an in-depth guide on how I could perhaps make one? After all, it is my first cosplay, but i am dead set on doing Bison.

Truest_Strike
08-05-2009, 06:55 AM
I got yo' Sagat Right hea!

Tiger!!!

This October, I am hoping to Cosplay to the London MCM. This is going to be my first EVER cosplay. My friend and his girlfriend are going as Ryu and Chun Li, and as seen as im 6ft 4" I was hoping to go as the big bad guy "The Mighty Bison!" I have been surfing the net for AGES and have not found a SINGLE adult sized M.Bison costume going! Does anyone know a store that supplies one? Or has anyone got an in-depth guide on how I could perhaps make one? After all, it is my first cosplay, but i am dead set on doing Bison.

Ah, good luck. I wouldn't know where to start, but you can perhaps try asking Pincer. Just check a few posts back and you should see a post from him and then send him a message perhaps. He is the only Bison cosplayer I know that might be able to help you out.

Aside from that, I'd really like to start working on Dudley. I've covered my favorite characters from Street Fighter--since there are more than one that I really like, and I guess the only one left is Dudley. Everything will be the same minus the haircut, which won't have me all skin on the side but some hair is needed. I'll go for an old school fade and leave some on the top, wet it down to have that Dudley look xD

Since it is more than likely I'll go Dudley one day, and then Ryu another, this is why I need some hair left >D

Would be cool to hire an old man for the day so he can walk around with me as if he was my butler.

"Let's fight like gentlemen."

princemercury1
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone!
I will be attempting to cosplay as Guy from Street Fighter Alpha for AWA.

Truest_Strike
08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Guy! An awesome character.
I'll be showing up as Ryu and Dudley if I can finish him up on time for AWA. I'll see you there! let's take some classic Ryu and Guy team-up shots =D

princemercury1
08-11-2009, 11:51 PM
This is going to be freaking amazing!!
I can't wait to see your Dudley cosplay. =O

I pretty much have all the parts of the costume (shoes, wig, fabrics, etc.) All I need to make is the Gi, pants and arm ganulets and buy the yellow hand wraps. =)

Truest_Strike
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Sweet! I've seen a Guy only once, but before I got a pic with him he came and went in a flash. Guy style xD so yeah man, I look forward to seeing your Guy at AWA! I've been hearing many good things about AWA--can't wait to go!

I've got the fake rose and tea cup for props. Though I don't think I'm gonna carry the tea cup around very often since I'm going to wear boxing gloves most of the time xD

princemercury1
08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
You will like AWA! They seem to always have a huge "under" cosplay Capcom/SNK group. And we always have a lot of fun ^___^

Btw..how the hell does Dudley hold tea cups with his boxing gloves on?

Truest_Strike
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Now I'm even more pumped up to go! >D
I also met a few people from Otakon who are going to be at AWA--don't know if they will cosplay as SF but I'll talk them into it hehe >D

I tried it and I failed a whole lot. I think Dudley perfected it with devoted training to holding/drinking cups of tea with boxing gloves on .__.

I think I might make one out of paper and have it stuck on the glove >D

Aka-x
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
God knows there has to be one decent Vega cosplay somewhere
xD

Truest_Strike
08-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I love seeing all different types of cosplay related to Street Fighter (I love others also, just keeping it SF right now), but the costumes I want to see personally (not in pics but in person) is as follows.

Guy-PrinceMercury thanks for the chance thats coming up! >D
Hugo
Oro
Makoto
Alex
Necro
And Ibuki!!!

Pincer
08-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Mugen, I might bring one of my Guy costumes back to Otakon for next year. I do need to really, really go old school and do the Final Fight one though. Done Alpha and Streetwise.

princemercury1
08-14-2009, 10:26 PM
@mugensc: Wait! Are those the people we will have at AWA too? OMGOSH!!! *squee*

That would be cool to see some people from Otakon. I never been to that con before, but I heard good reviews about it ^_^.

@Pincer: GAH!!! I want to go to Otakon now!! Gah!! I LIVE SOOOO FAR AWAY!!!! *sigh*

Truest_Strike
08-19-2009, 11:18 AM
@Pincer
Awesome! Represent that Guy!

@PrinceMercury1
Well, just a few but not all of them xD I just hope they bring their SF costumes. I'll bother them until they do >D

I'm sure you'll hear a lot of different stories from different people, but the size of Otakon will definitely grab at you, but overall I thought the con itself was just alright. I prefer a con that is smaller or a medium sized--probably because I felt like I was running around all over the place just to get to one shoot or the other. The smaller cons give you a chance to interact with people in a way you can't at a huge convention like Otakon. Otakon is still great, don't get me wrong, along with great people that I've come to know, but I probably wouldn't go back so I can save my money for other cons I haven't been to just yet

Alright back on topic, sorry about that ^^;

Dudley is ready to rock!
And I still want to see more Ibuki!!!
O:

princemercury1
08-19-2009, 11:32 PM
@mugensc: Gah!! I acutally want to do a Ibuki cosplay. Yes I said it, but I never crossplay before... XD So it would be my first. Anyways I still might try to hit up Otakon in the future (don't know when though), but as far smaller cons go, I like them too. They are always fun, and a lot of interesting people to interact. Most of the cons near me are all big (ie Anime Central), but I still have a good time.

Anyways, Dudley!!! Freaking amazing. I'm soo lazy with Guy right now, but I will force myself to finish this costume *_*
Stupid World of Warcraft.

Progress shot ^_^: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2218705/

Solai Tsukada
08-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi, don't know if anyone is interested, but I'm making a special Chun Li costume in a Christmas theme. I have a few progress pictures if anyone wants to see them.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/247859/

I also plan on making a pink Chun Li in a few years, just to put my blue one to shame.

princemercury1
08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Lol, I got more progress pictures. ^__^

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2229472/

Demon Doll
08-30-2009, 06:30 PM
it's coming out great princem!

Narumi411
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm in the middle of doing a Chun Li cosplay, and I just wanted to know (to be precise) how many "points" are there at the bottom of her sleeves? it looks somewhere between 6-8, but I was wondering if anyone knew EXACTLY how many. I'm working on the sleeves now, so I'll need to know how many triangles I'll need to cut to sew to my sleeve band.

JETG!RL
09-02-2009, 05:58 PM
A Street Fighter fanfilm would be downright righteous... I'd love to be a part of that! Hehe.

Already cosplayed as Sakura before and don't plan on using the same top as I did the last time. It's totally messed up and was a last minute jimmied-cosplay.

~H~
09-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Lol, I got more progress pictures. ^__^

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2229472/

Looking fantastic!!! I can't wait to see the finished costume ^_^.

stardust1187
09-07-2009, 03:12 PM
So this might have been answered before but I don't have enough time to look for it. I am doing Chun Li but I am curious how to go about doing the gold pattern on it. Should I use paint or fabric? Any ideas would be wonderful!

princemercury1
09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Well. Painting will be ok, but I would suggest using fabric. It makes the costume look more "real". I would suggest applique (iron on) u can get at ur local fabric store near the interface section. I use applique for Guy's symbol. ^^

Truest_Strike
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
PrinceM, what will be your next con? Sorry you missed AWA. I didn't make the shoot because I arrived a bit after 2 on Friday .__.

I've been thinking about Alex cosplay. I'm too short but I don't care--after seeing an Alex cosplayer at AWA, I was hype! SFIII 3rd Strike needs more love anyways!
=D

princemercury1
09-22-2009, 11:41 AM
@Mugensc: Wow a Alex cosplay!!!!!! Nice. There does need to be more Third Strike love. I heard there was a lot of epic Capcom/SNK people at AWA from my friend who went. I ask if he saw you there, but he didn't. He only saw a black Ryu there. So I figure you might of miss the shoot. ^_~ I know next year, I will most likely be going to AWA because I'm making sure I'm saving my vacation days (and hoping there isn't a event going on that weekend at my work).

My next con might (big might) be Geekkon in Wisconsin which is a small nonmajor con that I can proably go for Saturday and Sunday. I do want to go to Youmacon the following week after Geekkon, but I don't think my manager will let me. Otherwise I believe my next official con I'm going to will be Ohayocon. ^_^

Truest_Strike
09-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah I only wore my Ryu cosplay for the shortest amount of time--because on that Friday I just wanted to rest at the hotel xD since I noticed Friday was the big shoot (which I still need to see pics from) I just went along with Resident Evil cosplay for the rest of the weekend.

Have fun in whichever con you end up going to. I think I will try and shoot for AnimeUSA. Not sure yet but I'd like to go. I'll have to read up on the cons you've listed though =D

I would love to go back to AWA because I had such a good time. I wonder if I can fit Dragon*con and AWA within the same month for next year--money and the boss have the last say on that :3

princemercury1
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I actually want to try to attempt to go to Dragoncon and Otakon soon, but I don't know when. ^_^;;;

A lot of people from Chicago go to Dragoncon.

Truest_Strike
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Make it happen for 2010!!! =D

Oh and in Street Fighter related news, seems like this Thursday--for the Tokyo Game Show--might be the big day where they will announce the possible SFIV update. With so many rumors, I wonder how true any of it will be. Only thing I care about is 3rd Strike characters making it in the update. Go Makoto!
>o

Ibuki is a definite, she just has to be. Alex, Dudley, and Hugo, bring 'em in!

princemercury1
09-22-2009, 11:33 PM
ooo really? Is it a sequel? Oh man, I didn't even play SFIV yet, and its at my nearby Gameworks (along with the new KoF). !_! I do hope they put some Third Strike characters in it.
I did play some Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and I have to say that Ryu is broken (overpower). =D

Pincer
09-23-2009, 12:21 AM
They're planning on inputting T. Hawk and Dee Jay from one thing I read. I just hope they input Guy and more of the Final Fight crew into SFIV. Be funny if Rainbow Mika makes the cut also. **chuckle**

Truest_Strike
09-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Ahhhhh I love Tatsunoko VS Capcom! Even though I only played it for a few minutes, I was picking Alex and Viewtiful Joe to Batsu. lol at broken Ryu >D
As for KOF,I wouldn't mind getting it but I'll wait--got too many games to catch up with.

The thing with Hawk and DJ is that they were supposed to be in from the beginning, but because of time they had to try and release the game it didn't end up happening. The sound files for the two were actually uncovered for the PC version. Some more facts is that (from a source a while back) T. Hawks ending would have had Juli appear and DJ's ending and rival was going to deal with Rufus--both of them commenting on how each other have rhythm >D

By the way here is the rumored character list for the update (if there even is an update)

Ibuki
Makoto
Dudley

T Hawk
Deejay

Cody
Guy
Adon

And two new characters.

Edit: This might be all false and as of this writing I just read its possible the announcement is new Madcatz designed controllers with other SFIV characters. If so that would be ....whack :/
We'll find out Thursday.

Pincer
09-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Knowing my luck the update (if it's released) will be done while I'm overseas and I don't have an internet connection for my PS3 where I'm at.

princemercury1
09-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Funny thing is, I thought Guy was already in SF IV (Must of been a fanart). XD
They better put Guy in there. Gah!!!!

Truest_Strike
09-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Guy! Guy! Guy!

He would be a great addition and with Ibuki that means more ninjas.
Since the rumor mill doesn't stop, I'm going to throw in that the two new characters have been named Juri and Hakan.

Juri works for Seth and Hakan is an Arabic grappler.

Do I have a source? Not really >:P

princemercury1
09-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Frank West is in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. ^___^

Truest_Strike
09-25-2009, 07:18 AM
haha, I saw the trailer for it. I think he will be a fun character to use. That servbot head special was great.

Now for the rest of the rumor hype going around about the SFIV update.

The rumors for the Street Fighter 4 upgrade have been picking up steam with the Tokyo Game Show currently taking place.

The game is now being called 'Super Street Fighter 4' in most circles. Here's a bulleted rundown of the stuff that's being rumored. Get your salt shaker out and keep a steady supply coming — because the list you read below is confirmed in no way, shape or form.

* The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:
o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
* All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.
o It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
o Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
o All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
* Some characters will have Air Ultras.
* The Bonus Stages will be returning.
* Arcade location tests will start this weekend in Japan. This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
* An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.
* Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
* Ibuki has a run command.
* Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
* Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
* Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
* Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
* Guy has his Chain combos.
* Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
* Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
* The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.
* Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
* T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
* Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
* There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
* The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken.

Pincer
09-25-2009, 07:24 AM
That's a lot of rumored stuff. My big question is, when are we going to see this new update available online?

Truest_Strike
09-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Hopefully before the weekend ends. Tokyo Game show finishes up on Sunday, and if there isn't any news, then I guess the next event (whenever it is) will announce the update.

If you mean the game (sorry I think I misunderstood you the first time around) hopefully around Jan I suppose. They need to do testing for the new characters I'm sure which should take more than a few months.

princemercury1
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Wow!! This is very interesting! I think the best part will have to be how Alpha and Third Strike are finally crossing over. XD (I'm such a dork)

Truest_Strike
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
It is about time xD I've always wanted to see SFIII characters being more involved and interacting with SFII and Alpha characters, besides just Chun, Ryu, and Ken.

What I'm surprised about, is how Alex and Yun/Yang didn't make it. I love Makoto, but I know that the Lee brothers are more popular than her and Alex is the main character in SFIII. Could be because they wanted the other characters to get some spotlight. Alex is in TvC and Yun/Yang have appeared in CvS as well as SFAlpha 3for PSP, after all.

Dudley is going to teach Balrog some manners in what it is to be like a true gentleman >D

Pincer
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Well if the upgrade is in Jan then it's not bad for me. Hopefully it's late Jan so I can be home for it and connect my system in. If they do put Guy into it I'd love to see what alternate costume they throw him in. Wouldn't be surprised if it's old school Final Fight. Be shocked if they go with Final Fight: Streetwise. Liked that costume, horrible game. **l**

Truest_Strike
09-27-2009, 01:22 AM
All I know is more rumors are flying around and it is hard to tell what is true. Check out this pic!

http://images.idgentertainment.de/images/idgwpgp/bdb/1231629/22797CCB03CA644BC266E74B787A70C7_x600.jpg

Major edit: Get hype!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/newwarrior/index.html

New character Juri! Let the new character inspire new cosplay :P

http://www.jv247.com/games/3387-NEWS1637-Super-Street-Fighter-IV-en-preparation.html

Truest_Strike
09-29-2009, 07:46 AM
So much hype! It is official. There will be a Super Street Fighter IV.

3 characters have been confirmed--now we gotta see how the rest of the weeks play out. If anyone wants to check out the site, here it is.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/juri.html

Pincer
09-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaat. Can't access the site on the new characters. So Juri is one of the confirmed 3, who are the other 2?

princemercury1
09-29-2009, 09:02 AM
So much hype! It is official. There will be a Super Street Fighter IV.

3 characters have been confirmed--now we gotta see how the rest of the weeks play out. If anyone wants to check out the site, here it is.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/juri.html

Excellent find!! Juri looks awesome! And I see T-Hawk there too ^__^. Who is the third one confirm? Is it Dee Jay?

Truest_Strike
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh my bad, try this site!

http://www.famitsu.com/image/3834/Xn65P245AFSKYpyDJyXsmQY6VSo3rYv5.html

And yup, it is Dee Jay =D Here he is!

http://www.host-images.com/u/files/7w5tqq6i9gpks28mn9mo.jpg

GET HYPE!!!!

Pincer
09-29-2009, 09:50 AM
It's not you mugen. It's the system where I'm at. If anything is tagged "games" it's blocked. Same with "media sharing." I know, really stupid. **chuckle**

Truest_Strike
09-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh haha well here is some video. Juri is awesome! Just look at her Ultra near the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csly3YrSVPQ&feature=player_embedded

aznwolverine
09-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Ah man awesome video. I love T Hawks ultra, its hilarious too. Juri's ultra is super nice

princemercury1
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Ok now I'm hype and Juri's ultra is seriousally amazing. *_*
I can't wait to see more videos. ^_^

Truest_Strike
09-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Right now you guys have the hype level on 10. I need you to turn it up =D
xD just messin'.

Here is the same vid but much better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBLYxnKuvs

Here is Dee Jay in action!!! Short but sweet clip (of Dee Jay). And look at his Ultra!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyK3j0rqAk

aznwolverine
09-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Did anyone else love T Hawk's ultra? Its so stereotypical. Thats how Capcom rolls. Its funny how he just smiles at the camera and does his indian pose.

princemercury1
09-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Did anyone else love T Hawk's ultra? Its so stereotypical. Thats how Capcom rolls. Its funny how he just smiles at the camera and does his indian pose.

...but he is hispanic. XDD

aznwolverine
09-29-2009, 10:59 PM
whaat? i thought they made him mexican indian?

aznwolverine
10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
small thing you guys might have noticed:

http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/

On the main page the featured character is Dhalsim. SF is very popular, but in the world of cosplay its not THE most popular. Its somewhere in the middle. So its really cool they picked this guy and he's at the top now. I love it when Street Fighter gets noticed.

I'll admit I was weary about SFIV in the beginning (remember the gremlin looking Ryu screenshot?) But SFIV was marketed very well and people are starting to remember the SF series. Long live the SF legacy.

princemercury1
10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I saw this guy's costume a couple of months ago and told him that he should of been in the showcase. And then he reply back on how to do it...a month later bam!!! He's in the showcase. XDD I knew he would make it. ^__^