PDA

View Full Version : thurs...

sailor-moon
02-02-2003, 11:03 PM
anyone gonne be there on thursday night?^.^ just wondering^.^

Nietsche
02-02-2003, 11:20 PM
I shall..probably frantically finishing off the costume pieces in the hotel room...care to meet up?

SailorMo
02-02-2003, 11:37 PM
I'll be there too... with my BF, Emeralda, and Silence Glaive.

Hey Nietsche! Glad to hear you're coming back! You probably don't remember me, but I was hanging with you, Kyle, and Dan outside the dance at Katsu last year... ^.^

Emeralda
02-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Yeah, what Mo said. My brother and I, Mo and Silence Glaive (who I'm guessing is Adam >.> ) will be there.

Recca-kun
02-03-2003, 12:17 AM
If it's at all possible I will be hanging around Thursday night (and if it's not I will start screaming because it would be due to a Friday class which would mess with cosplay plans).

So... we'll just bet on Thursday night. ^_^;

khamryn
02-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Fuu.. you know I'll be there. @.@;; lol. Bring your hot glue gun and scissors XD I doubt they'd let me have scissors on the plane and I'm only taking a carry-on, no suitcase. :p

kitty_neko
02-03-2003, 06:03 AM
i'll get there on thursday.... it might end up being midnight, but i aim to come earlier ^_^;;

it could end up being that late just because i cant skip those 2 days of school....only one >_<

Lilli
02-03-2003, 06:06 AM
*waves her hand to indicate that she'll be there Thursday too, and goes back to sewing before it's time to head off to work ^^;;*

psythe
02-03-2003, 07:04 AM
I'll be there on thursday night playing playstation or something, PM with cell numbers if you wanna hang out at all :bigtu:

HuongStar
02-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Hee hee, I'll be there Thursday night too. ^_^

Tenshi
02-03-2003, 10:00 AM
I should be there around 8-9 PM-ish, if everything goes right with my flight ^_^.

Lilli
02-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Maybe we can set up a Cosplay.com pow wow in the hotel lobby or something :3 Hehe, that way when Friday rolls around and you're trolling the con, you may recognize a few faces more easily? Or just so we can all goof off, and recount any funny things that happened on 'The Journey There' :3

Kenshin Ken
02-03-2003, 11:25 AM
I leave thrusday night ^^; so that be a no go for me ^^;;

but I wil lbe up friday morning~ ^^ commin from the airport at 7 am ^_^

HuongStar
02-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Word. I'll be in the bar. ^_~

.Hacker
02-03-2003, 11:44 AM
I think Lilli, and company (including myself) will pop down to the bar too..if costumes panic hasn't had to set in

psythe
02-03-2003, 12:25 PM
Right on! Bar gathering :D I could see that. What time? 9?

.Hacker
02-03-2003, 12:27 PM
9 sounds good!
I dunno if i wanna get into costume for that time tho...

Yui
02-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Yo, Lilli, Thursday might be a good day to whip out the 'god'....we can see how random passers-by react. Hehehe...

Um, I really should be done constructing my stuff before the con (wow), but I'll still bring the trunk o' emergency cosplay repair supplies for all who have need of it.

psythe
02-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by .Hacker
9 sounds good!
I dunno if i wanna get into costume for that time tho...

No, I wouldn't wanna get in costume either. Just getting everything set up during the day then go hang out at the bar. Spilling something on a costume the night before the con would not be a good start to the weekend :p

sailor-moon
02-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by khamryn
Fuu.. you know I'll be there. @.@;; lol. Bring your hot glue gun and scissors XD I doubt they'd let me have scissors on the plane and I'm only taking a carry-on, no suitcase. :p

^_~. you got it^_~ heheeeeeeeeeeeeee

*o* ooh!! lets meet up in the lobby and scare the sh*t outa the staff XDhahahaaa hmmmmmmmmm what am i gonna be wearing, arg, ill be in normal gear, nothing moonie..

Lilli
02-03-2003, 06:48 PM
Sad sad Lilli!!! My post just erased itself before I could submit it!! *sniffu!* Ara... what had I said...

w00t! Meeting at the bar at 9 pm sounds great :3

Hehe, as far as last minute cosplay panic goes, if it isn't done by then, it isn't going to get done for Katsucon. I'd like to try to hold to my New Years Resolution not to sew at cons anymore ^-~ (Who cares that I just made that resolution up just now? It's a nifty one! OHOHOHOHO!!)

._. *thinks* Dangit... What else had I said... I agree with the not bothering with costume thing... As Psythe said, may the Heavens weep should something gets spilled on a costume before the con even begins... Not the best way to start out ^^;

Yuuii!! Hehee, yes! I must bring our Minty Messiah. I'm wondering if I can find some gold spraypaint on time? Did we ever actually decide on a color for our Oral Oracle? PM me :3

Yaaaaay yay XD Katsu fun shall begin before the con even starts :3 *woo woo* I'm determined to have as much fun as is humanly possible this year :3 Let's rock. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff from my first message I've forgotten to re-write... Ohh the humanity ^^;;

Ah well :3 Off to sew, so I can keep that resolution of mine, LOL!!!

khamryn
02-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Usagi- LoL. ^_^ Lobby sounds good. Will may be with me. @.@ He wants to pick me up from the airport and such. ::s::

sailor-moon
02-03-2003, 09:40 PM
aww^.^ Will-ie-ness is so kewl XD lol
see ya there^.^

Nietsche
02-03-2003, 09:52 PM
So some are meeting at the bar at 9 pm whilst some are meeting up at the lobby!
Okay! ^_^

sailor-moon
02-03-2003, 09:56 PM
^_~. ill most likely be in the lobby after like 8 or something all dependse when i get there^^

Tora
02-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Yaaayyyyy!!! ((sorry...excited already...))

A group of friends and I will be there Thursday!

^_^ Getting settled in, playing VG's, ironing costumes, and meandering around in PJ's most likely. 0_o

Who knows... but either way...YAY!

Tenshi
02-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Cool, I'll wander around for a while once I get in. I'll probably have my CCS pillow with me so I should be easy to spot ^.-.

Kamui Motoaki
02-04-2003, 12:35 AM
yea.. i think i'll be there with Kham. . i hope to run into you Dez and Lilli. . . that 9 o clock bar thing sounds nice. .

Lilli
02-04-2003, 02:07 AM
Hehe, maybe if Nietschekins and the others have no objections, we'll come crash with you in the lobby at 8, then drag you and whoever else is willing off to the bar for Super Happy Fun Otaku Bonding Time™ at 9 :3

Edit: Sleep!! Whyyy hath thou forsaken me?!?! *sobs dramatically, then flops over and thinks about where she put her big rubber mallet... um... sleeping aid... yeah...*

ZiggyB
02-04-2003, 02:34 AM
Wahhh, we don't fly in until like 10:30pm :( Oh well, hopefully we'll be able to hunt you guys down. :) I know I'll still be on pacific time. :\

Eurobeat King
02-04-2003, 03:31 AM
Awww.. Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could be there to hang out with all you guys & gals on TH night, but I need to work all day on Thursday, and then take the red-eye flight to be there FR morning. I usually do that, although for the big EastCoast cons I like to get there on TH night to meet up with people who will be there, scope out the place, and maybe get some food in me after a long day of flying. :thumbsup:

Yet, I will be there FR morning after 10:30am, so keep an eye out for me once I arrive, and then after settling into the room I'll be out on the floor. See you all in 10 days! ;)

Nietsche
02-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Objections Lilli?
I have no objection to stalking the lobby at 8 pm!

psythe
02-04-2003, 06:49 AM
How about we meet up for the bar gathering in the lobby first at 830 then we can just hop on over to the bar and make sure we all go to the same bar?

Nietsche
02-04-2003, 08:35 AM
sounds like a plan!!!
Will..we hope to run into you and Khamryn too! Then you can hear Lilli's cute voice again! ^_^

Gah...My flight gets in about 8:15pm so I will probably be late since I fly into Dulles airport...gotta get luggage-->pass security--->be picked up--->get to hotel so I could be well over an Hour!!!
I'll predict my arrival at the hotel to be say....mm...9:30pm at the earliest.....

sailor-moon
02-04-2003, 11:22 AM
*o* Al!!!i wish you could come on thurs-.- argies>.< work sux^.^;

Lilli
02-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Araaa, I'm on an iMac at work right now... I feel so naughty ^-~

Ne Nietsche, Lilli is still picking you up from the airport, ne? ._.\/ Hehe, that's right, I'd forgotten exactly what time/how late your flight arrived!! Hmmmmm. Maybe we can bump the gathering at the bar to closer to 9:30-ish? Hmmmm. Dilemmas!

*evil* XD Or I could just load up a minibus full of otaku... To come and meet Nietsche at the airport :3 You shall arrive to a (slightly off key, no doubt...) chorous of praises :3 "Heeeere comes England Man!! To see anime from Japaaan!" Naah. That -would- be a bit over the top, I suppose ^^; Muahahaa, we'll find Will!! I'll give the poor guy my cell# so we'll be easier to find ^^; yaaaaay

O.o so ya, if you contact me, you Dark Haired Claude you, I'll get the flight info again (although I probably have it written down at home, if you already gave it to me!) unless you've decided you no longer want a Lilli to fetch you from the airport *chibi-sniffles, LOL*

.Hacker
02-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Lilli- you are still picking me up i hope..or else i will be stranded alone at the airport....bring any people along to greet me if ya want..it would please me no end if ya managed to but don't make it a huge priority! ^_^

Lilli
02-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Waaai waai, okee ^-^

No worries, LOL! Lilli would never leave Nietsche stranded alone at the airport ^-^\/ And rest assured I'll be bringing along at least a couple of people, yay :3 (Though the minibus of adoring Otaku thing pretty likely won't be happening, gomen :3 Unless someone else does it O.o )

^^;; *goes off to sew! SEEEWW!*

Kamui Motoaki
02-04-2003, 08:42 PM
yea. . tha'd be kewl if i could get your cell. . then agian. . it shouldn't be hard to find you guys. . ^_^

Yui
02-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Lilli, you're not naughty for using an iMac ^_^ (I miss my Larva...)

Uh, anyway, I'll probably be in by 4 pm it looks like. Sitting on me horde of cosplay props in the lobby waiting for someone to claim me. Yeah, the suspense and mystery of that will probably be very short-lived....I have an urge to put on a puppet show!

John Booty
02-05-2003, 03:27 AM
CAN'T. WAIT.

^_^;;

HuongStar
02-05-2003, 11:58 AM
*dies* I can't believe it's almost a week away.....Time to build up my tolerance again.

Ashe
02-05-2003, 01:25 PM
I'll be there Thursday too! I've no clue what time I'll be in, but I'll check for the Otaku hanging out int he lobby or the bar. I'm wearing my Robin costume on the plane over (much easier than trying to pack something that bulky), so I'll be in costume. Am I the only one? I'll feel so lonely!

Ashley

Mibuzen
02-07-2003, 10:29 AM
I'll be working for the convention most of thursday but I'm up for pounding down drinks at nine. I'll be wearing my kimono so I can get into Dragonfly mode if I drink too much. HEHEHE!

Recca-kun
02-07-2003, 11:46 AM
I'll be around the hotel at some point (sooner than later is what I'm planning) if anyone wants to hang out... I think I'll have to decline on going out for drinks though. ;) I'll wear one of my blue shiny shirts, so just look for a Yuuhi look-alike wearing that and maybe playing a Neo-Geo Pocket.

SailorMo
02-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Recca-kun
I'll be around the hotel at some point (sooner than later is what I'm planning) if anyone wants to hang out... I think I'll have to decline on going out for drinks though. ;) I'll wear one of my blue shiny shirts, so just look for a Yuuhi look-alike wearing that and maybe playing a Neo-Geo Pocket.

YAY!!

That's ok... I won't be drinking either.. alcohol makes very ssssslleeeeeeepppyyyy... : (

Skittles or ginseng iced tea, on the other hand.... WHHHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

^__^

Kataiya
02-07-2003, 09:31 PM
well, since it seems I can go, ill probly be there thurseday too. Maybe around 4-6ish. Ill try to stay in the lobby and draw, but I might get bored and run around the hotel looking for soda machines or something. I dun think Ill go out to the bar tho ::doesnt drink:: x.x

Yui
02-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Hey, how refreshing to see so many other peeps who don't drink. Well, I don't either, but I'll be in the bar anyway because now I told so many people to look out there. ^_^* Somehow, I think all us Katsu people will be pretty obvious no matter where we're loitering about.

pookie-kun
02-08-2003, 01:44 AM
I might be there thursday night. All depends on my ride situation.

Tenshi
02-08-2003, 02:25 AM
Well dang.

My flight gets in later than I thought (8:44) so I guess I'll see everyone on Friday ^^.

Lilli
02-08-2003, 10:57 AM
LOL! So many people speaking of inebriation! I figured the bar is more going to be just a place to meet up and hang out. We're not staging a miniature frat party :p I dunno 'bout everyone else, but I'd rather not have a hang-over on Friday morning :3 So nah, even if you don't drink, don't feel like you can't come!! I'm sure they serve sodas, or like maybe appetizers, if you're a Standard Starving Otaku, hehee :3

._. A couple of cosplayers getting tipsy and being entertaining is just a nice possible perk :3 Mibuzen, you and the afore-mentioned dragonfly thingie intrigues and worries me at the same time, LOL!!! (Will your hair be like Tasuki's? LOL If so, may I bring a camera? XD ) What can I say but "waaai, Katsu :3"

Mibuzen
02-08-2003, 02:46 PM
I cut all of my hair off a month and a half ago. It's grown pretty well since them but it's not Tasuki level anymore so I'm going to have a sign with me saying Nuriko cut my hair off when I told her Hotohori made a pass at me.