PDA

View Full Version : First time with Photoshop....

Mizuho
02-03-2003, 12:30 AM
I originally wanted to make this drawing into something a little more risqué... But wanting to make something a little more elaborate, I ended up making this. I drew the outline with black pen, scanned it in, and colored the scan in with photoshop.

This is my first time using photoshop to color a drawing (I was thinking of adding those typical white streaks in the hair, but I couldn't get it to look right. I hope it looks fine the way it is!). Any old Photoshop pros want to give any helpful tips? :cool:

http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/1754color.jpg

Yautja834
02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
thats some good photoshopin'

Mizuho
02-04-2003, 02:43 AM
*Hugs* HURRAY! A reply!

Thanks! I was a Photoshop Virgin, until this picture. :thumbsup:

Anime_kidd2k2
02-04-2003, 03:09 PM
wow that looks so good! you deserve *thinks* $$20 for that! (yeah, i like trigun a lot =P) and donuts!

Sakaki
02-05-2003, 10:19 AM
(I finally arrive at a computer which can view images on cosplay.com ... mine's a temp'ramental little sucker. XP)

Though I am no Photoshop expert, you might want to think about increasing the contrast in your shading, as well as creating different tones. Pictures with varying levels of tones (not just "light" and "dark"), even in cel-style shading, tend to be more visually interesting.

Her chest kind of scares me. o_o

Did you use layers when you colored this?

And FYI, avoid filters as much as possible. As a friend of mine says, they are to enhance your work, not create it for you.

Mizuho
02-05-2003, 02:21 PM
That's good advice. I really agree with the "more than two shades", particularly. Next time, I'll keep those things in mind!

BTW, I adore your avatar. :rofl: