PDA

View Full Version : FF8: Family ties. (SPOILERS)

Oshi
02-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Confused about the whole family situations in FF8? Who's who's parents and all? Well, here ya go... all laid out and easy to understand. Cuz I was bored.

Okay... Raine Leonhart adopts Ellone... Raine marries Laguna Loire... they screw and bear Squall... Raine dies, and Laguna sends the children to Edea's orphanage, where Squall keeps his mother's last name, and Ellone keeps her father's. So, Ellone isn't Squall's sister by blood, they're step-siblings
Now... Rinoa's side is a bit more simple... General Caraway marries Julia Heartilly. They screw and bear Rinoa. Julia dies in a car accident. Rinoa is raised by Caraway... When she grows up and becomes a rebel to Galbadia, she takes her mother's surname, because her dad's a General, just out of rebellion...

Now, the fact that they get together is all speshul cuz, Squall's father and Rinoa's mother were, well, interested in each other at one time. And then, Julia's hit song, Eyes On Me, is their lil love theme song. Just... nifty.

...so, I was really bored. *nod*

jen_kat
02-03-2003, 01:01 AM
Yea, I guess that could pretty much sum it up, but (not family related) how about this: how does Ultimecia end up with Griever(sp?) as her final junction? I've been wondering about this ever since I read a fanfic about it.

Oshi
02-03-2003, 02:03 AM
Ah. Good question.

What Ultimecia does in the final battle is taps into Squalls mind to find the greatest beast to pit against him possible. In Squalls mind, that beast is Griever.
At least, that's the most reasonable theory ^^;

ChibiMoFo
02-03-2003, 03:54 AM
I always had a soft spot for their unrequited love being passed on to their children.

Now I wanna play it again dam you! >:P

Mei Lan Chang
02-03-2003, 05:15 AM
Heh, I never even finished Final Fantasy 8. -blush-

Kamui Motoaki
02-03-2003, 01:51 PM
*pokes Mei Lan* well. . you know what to do then. . *hands her FF8*

Get to work . .^_~

L to the 3rd
02-03-2003, 07:01 PM
its only implied that Squall is Raine's and Laguna's son. it pissed me off that they
never actually say it.

Laguna: ''Squall...i am your father..''
Squall: ''NOOO..."'

XD !! LOL.

soshi
02-03-2003, 11:58 PM
... *Days of Our Lives theme plays*

psythe
02-04-2003, 06:27 AM
And so as the sands of the hourglass....

KaineMaxwell
02-04-2003, 07:00 AM
I never finished FF8 either.
*Ducks

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-08-2003, 01:10 PM
I was so close to beating FF8 and then the unthinkable happned that game along with half my possessions were stolen....*shakes fist* grrrr...those bastards....anyways...I love FF8 and I do plan on re-buying it at some point. but yeah that would be funny L to the 3rd if Laguna just "came out" and told squall that he was his father!

Laguna: "Squall you know I'm your father right?"

Squall: "NO WAY!!! A MORON like you my father?!?!?"

Laguna: "B-but it's the truth!"

Squall: "I am not hearing this!"

<Squall covers his ears and hums to himself>

Laguna: "Squall, please listen"

Squall: Nah uh...bye!

<Squall Flees through Ragnarocks doors>

<Laguna Sighs and mutters to himself>

Laguna: "That boy will never listen to me"

lol

I am just bored so bear with me