PDA

View Full Version : Schedule?

FlintKojak
10-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know what time the con begins on friday and when it ends on sunday? Or if anyone knows the schedule and what time of anything is? I looked on the home site and couldnt find anything.

Eurobeat King
10-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know what time the con begins on friday and when it ends on sunday? Or if anyone knows the schedule and what time of anything is? I looked on the home site and couldnt find anything.

tpod posted this in another thread:

The convention does not start until Friday afternoon, with Registration beginning at around 2pm (from what I've last heard) and then Opening ceremonies and some panels and video programming. The Dealers' Room and Fan Market will not open until Saturday.

I know last year the con winded-down around 3 or 4pm, maybe because people were wanting to get home or get ready for the Halloween activities later that evening. This year since Halloween doesn't happen on the last day of Yaoi-con, attendees might stay longer. I know I plan to stay until most of my friends leave, and then go home and continue posting pictures from the weekend. :skidude2:

FlintKojak
10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Thank you!

CapsuleCorp
10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Schedule is up on the Ycon page now.

Okay, so. Question for the veterans from a couple of newbies. Registration isn't till 3 on Friday and the only events going on start at 5. We've come all this damn way for the con and cosplaying, I'd be rather irked to find out that the fun doesn't get going till that late either. We've got costumes and intend to be cosplaying (heavy on the fanservice) Friday...will people be lounging around prior to registration, and available to meet up/hang out/have fun with? Oh, and Al - will you be there much earlier than 3 with your camera? We have great picture ideas that need to be captured. :)

Otherwise...looks like a good time to be had!

Eurobeat King
10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Schedule is up on the Ycon page now.

Okay, so. Question for the veterans from a couple of newbies. Registration isn't till 3 on Friday and the only events going on start at 5. We've come all this damn way for the con and cosplaying, I'd be rather irked to find out that the fun doesn't get going till that late either. We've got costumes and intend to be cosplaying (heavy on the fanservice) Friday...will people be lounging around prior to registration, and available to meet up/hang out/have fun with? Oh, and Al - will you be there much earlier than 3 with your camera? We have great picture ideas that need to be captured. :)

Otherwise...looks like a good time to be had!

Last year when I got there on Friday, it started out slow but people showed up for registration and it was nice of the staff to have a waiting-room that showed anime (normal & some yaoi) on a viewing screen until their group # or last-name letter was called. By the afternoon/early evening, the 2nd floor of the Westin got pretty crowded since a lot of fans were showing up to register, and people were wearing costumes. I predict more people will be showing up THIS year in costume, so I'll be ready as will my camera. :)

I'll be there early on Friday, between 10-11am, and I'll be on the look-out for cosplayers whenever they show up, so if you need to find me, just look for me mainly chilling in the Westin lobby or going back n' forth to the Clarion (now that Friday registration is moved there just for that day.) (I'll have my laptop, and will be checking to see if they have any wi-fi (free or cost) and depending on how busy it is, I'll start posting the pics shortly after I take them.) :)

CapsuleCorp
10-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Okay, cool, thanks Al! That's good to know - I have no idea what to expect. GreenFire and I want to give our Kaiba and Alastair costumes plenty of time to be seen and enjoyed, but it would be a bummer if there wasn't hardly anyone around to see and enjoy. We'll probably be down out of the Westin between noon and two - whenever we've finished ironing costume pieces and fixing up wigs to our satisfaction. :) I'll be looking for you, we've got some cool picture ideas with our giant coats of doom that you'll probably love!

Eurobeat King
10-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Okay, cool, thanks Al! That's good to know - I have no idea what to expect. GreenFire and I want to give our Kaiba and Alastair costumes plenty of time to be seen and enjoyed, but it would be a bummer if there wasn't hardly anyone around to see and enjoy. We'll probably be down out of the Westin between noon and two - whenever we've finished ironing costume pieces and fixing up wigs to our satisfaction. :) I'll be looking for you, we've got some cool picture ideas with our giant coats of doom that you'll probably love!

Even though there's not too many events scheduled for Friday, and the dealers' room doesn't open until Saturday, that doesn't mean you can't have fun cosplaying throughout the day & evening. I've been going to Y-con since it started in 2001, and I still treat Friday as Day 1, and the # of people who show up AND cosplay increases with each year, so that makes me as a photographer happy. :D And the Swap-Meet they'll have for a few hours on Friday evening means you can buy stuff from the fans for a good price. (please visit my table!) ;) But I'll still be taking pictures while selling my videogames, CD's, manga, and then afterwards so if you have more than one costume for Friday, just find me for pictures! :)