PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kaiyn
10-15-2005, 12:13 AM
I just recently picked up Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the Nintendo DS and judging by how good the game is, i really want to try and cosplay as him. Anyone else have the game and thinking about cosplaying as some of the other characters from the game?

RedPikachu
10-15-2005, 08:32 AM
That's an awesome idea, I think, if I had the game, and knew who I was cosplaying as, I would totally do it :p.

Kaiyn
10-15-2005, 11:00 AM
i am so into the game, that i would definately want to cosplay as Phoenix Wright himself ^.^. Though i`m not sure how many people would recognize him if i did though -_-

haruna
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
The lunch lady from episode 4 looks like a fun costume. To all the Mr. Wrights, good luck getting your hair that spikey! Yay!

Cinder
01-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Ha, I'm planning an Ema Skye costume myself. ^_^ It'd be so fun to go around with a spray bottle and do some "scientific investigation" myself.

ChibiTifa05
01-12-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm planning on doing a Maya cosplay one day. ^^

Resuka
01-12-2006, 09:11 AM
i am so into the game, that i would definately want to cosplay as Phoenix Wright himself ^.^. Though i`m not sure how many people would recognize him if i did though -_-

While some people may not recognize Phoenix's costume at first glance, I suspect striking his signature "OBJECTION!" pose will help matters somewhat. XP

gamerpanda
01-12-2006, 01:38 PM
You should cary around a sign that says objection phoenix wright style and hold it up from time to time.

...I kind of want to cosplay as...um...the girl from the second case with heart buttons and pink hair, but I think Penny Nichols would be easier....maybe a little too easy...

Honey
01-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I remember seeing the various characters on tv. I thought they are very pretty enough to cosplay, so may just cosplay one of them. The only problem with that is I know about the game, I have not played, and I do not know any of the female characters names. But I pretty much know them by face.

I can't say for sure which one I'll cosplay, though...

Juunanagou
01-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Just when I though that I had run out of cool characters to cosplay, my two friends pointed out a certain characters from case 5... Jake Marshall... and it's not that gigantic of a departure from one of my favorite costumes, either, so I might get this one together in record time, as soon as they pass it on for me to enjoy... Dry shaving with a hunting knife... and drinkey stright whiskey... on the stand no less... seriously, this guy's such a hero... Take That!

RedPikachu
01-15-2006, 09:20 AM
I just got the game for Christmas, and I would *love* to cosplay April May or Mia Fey ^_^.

Evali
01-15-2006, 06:18 PM
This game is awesome, please post photos of your costumes when they are done! If I had time, I would probably make a Maya or Ema costume. They are both so darn cute. ^^

DDRJT
01-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Someone from Phoenix Wright seems to be the top contender for my Acen costume. I don't want to be just some schmuck running around in a suit, and I really don't like carrying around big signs, so I'm either going as Edgeworth or Godot from Gyakuten Saiban 3, as they're the most recognizable ones I feel.

haruna
01-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Mai Karuma is another neat looking character from the series too. She's got whips... @_@

Gamespot has some nice high-res artwork from this game:
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/phoenixwright/screenindex.html?page=3

Evali
03-23-2006, 05:34 PM
I decided to rush out an Ema costume:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=37780&member=14215

It's by no means totally accurate, but it was fun to wear. ;p

Francesca
03-23-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm playing that game too right now and it would be so awesome if you made a Phoenix Wright costume. You should totally go for it! :)

Zashi
10-15-2006, 06:40 PM
I bought the game a little while ago, and Ive decided Im also going to cosplay Pheonix Wright. Ive already found a red tie, but the real problem is finding a blue suit...they are not that easy to come by. -_-'

Saxinthehall
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Here's a good Phoenix Wright site for cosplayers. It has all the chatacters in the games and animations to see how they move.

http://www.croik.com/PW/

I've had the game for almost a year now and it wasn't until I saw that site that I wanted to cosplay as Edgeworth or Godot. Or if I wanted to be a super geek, Kirihito Garyuu from the fourth game which hasn't even come out yet.

KaineMaxwell
01-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Anyone here know how to make or where to get a Larry Butz shirt made?

violetsky
01-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Here's a good Phoenix Wright site for cosplayers. It has all the chatacters in the games and animations to see how they move.

http://www.croik.com/PW/

I've had the game for almost a year now and it wasn't until I saw that site that I wanted to cosplay as Edgeworth or Godot. Or if I wanted to be a super geek, Kirihito Garyuu from the fourth game which hasn't even come out yet.

ah, that's so helpful! thankyou, cuz i'm about to work on a karuma mei costume, yay!

Kaits
01-24-2007, 03:55 AM
I just started playing the game today and I'm already in love. I think cosplaying as one of the characters would be awesome.

josshouse
01-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Me and a friend are doing Edgeworth and Phoenix, with a few other friends at Ikki ^_^ We've got a skit. omg. I can't wait @_@

ChibiTifa05
01-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I finally cosplayed Maya for AUSA last year. Pics are up in my gallery. ^^

Saxinthehall
01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
You made a great Maya. Hopefully I'll see you at Katsu sometime either as Edgeworth, if I can find a wig and ascot/frilly neck thing, or Godot (but that might be for the rave).

Kiero1125
01-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I got addicted to the game too and I bought materials for my Maya outfit today!! I just need my wig.

Good luck to you with Nick's costume! ^__^

arcadiapandora
01-29-2007, 08:05 PM
A group of friends an I are planning to do PW at Fanime07. I've started the construction of my Franziska von Karma (Karuma Mei), and I AM SO EXCITED <3.

I probably won't get the material for it until early March, but I've already happily bought an almost perfect wig and pair of shoes. The wig's part is wrong (but that's okay :D) and the shoes are the wrong color (yay for spray paint) but they're just perfect~~~!.

So, I need a little help in one area. In what I've found of the official art, it seems Franziska's vest/shoes/skirt are a very dark teal. In the actual game however it's black (though off black would be more appropriate for the game's shading and color schemes). So I've been pulling my hair out over deciding to do off black or dark teal. What do you guys think?

Here's some references to see the difference:

Official Art -- Dark Teal (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/cosplay%20ref/OA-franziska.jpg)

Game Play -- Black (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/cosplay%20ref/mei.png)

To me the main difference seems to be additional green hues in the OA. Her hair is also slightly greener than the blue in the game. My wig is in fact a pale blue, so currently I'm leaning towards game color scheme over OA.

ChibiTifa05
01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I personally think that you should go with the black in the outfit. Usually when artists draw official artwork, they like to use dark colors to shade areas in. To tell you the truth, I think Franziska's outfit is SUPPOSED to be black. That's juts my two cents. ^^

Varnani
02-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Black because that green is atrocious. DX
I think also that image's color has been distorted, if you check on the official Phoenix Wright site, her art has the suit in black. :)

http://www.capcom.com/aceattorney/

arcadiapandora
02-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Well I don't think the color is necessarily distorted, since I do recall grabbing it from an official site, just not capcom's :o. I could have been mistaken, though.

I think I'll definately go with the black now. The only negative aspect is having to spray the shoes. Gotta find a spray paint that won't crack or chip D:.

Quantum9
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm making Edgeworth for a skit that's hopefully going off at Otakon. What's the best way to make his frilly tie thing, and what's the best Silver hairspray to use?

Varnani
02-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Arcadia: If you want to go with green, by all means, do what you like best. :) I personally did it in black, but that was my preference.

Quantum: Edgeworth's cravat is just a few pleated pieces of fabric sewn together. I think silk would be best, or some other lightweight fabric. ^^
And please, PLEASE consider a wig. You'll look waaay better with a wig than you will with silver hairspray. :x

Earthbounder
02-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Well I don't think the color is necessarily distorted, since I do recall grabbing it from an official site, just not capcom's :o. I could have been mistaken, though.

I think I'll definately go with the black now. The only negative aspect is having to spray the shoes. Gotta find a spray paint that won't crack or chip D:.

Oh Mel~<3 I'm so ever looking forward to being whipped by you, and trust me, you're the only one I've ever said that too XD

But anywho, as far as spray paint that won't crack or chip, but still look good on boots, I haven't seen such a thing as of yet. Any possible chance that the boots would take to some dye? Because I think that'd be the best course of action in this case.

As for my Phoenix cosplay, I need a smidge of help in one area...The hair. I'm really not satisfied at all using my own hair for the costume, I'd prefer styling a wig for it, only problem is most wigs I know kind of thin out in the back, leaving the mesh to be exposed. Wefting is out of the question for me at the moment, I'm still trying to learn how to do that. Anyone have a suggestion for a site/wig store that would sell a decent length (Phoenix Spike Length) wig with a thicker back to it?

arcadiapandora
02-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh Mel~<3 I'm so ever looking forward to being whipped by you, and trust me, you're the only one I've ever said that too XD

But anywho, as far as spray paint that won't crack or chip, but still look good on boots, I haven't seen such a thing as of yet. Any possible chance that the boots would take to some dye? Because I think that'd be the best course of action in this case.

As for my Phoenix cosplay, I need a smidge of help in one area...The hair. I'm really not satisfied at all using my own hair for the costume, I'd prefer styling a wig for it, only problem is most wigs I know kind of thin out in the back, leaving the mesh to be exposed. Wefting is out of the question for me at the moment, I'm still trying to learn how to do that. Anyone have a suggestion for a site/wig store that would sell a decent length (Phoenix Spike Length) wig with a thicker back to it?

<3 Oh and I'm so excited and looking foward to whipping you~~.

As far as taking to dye, I don't think so. They feel like pleather but they're almost stretchy, and using dye may seep into the creases and stain those black, but leave the general areas around it just tinted. I suppose I could try and then try spray painting it if it doesn't work.

For your wig: Why don't you try getting a longer wig and trimming it? :o That way you could pull from the sides to the back to cover the mesh.

AmiJoyDonut
02-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I was Phoenix Wright last year for AB, and about .... three people recognized me (and loved the little Edgeworth plushie I had been carrying around, hee! They wanted to pet it or hold it for pictures) ..

It IS possible to get the spiky hair. XD

marsie
02-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I am doing a Pearl cosplay. Does any one have any good images of her ball? I can't see the design on it.

With her hair, is it best to use wire or lots o hair spray. I am using my own hair.

Saxinthehall
02-08-2007, 12:21 PM
It looks like the Steel Samurai logo is on Pearls ball. Here's the offical image that Capcom has

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f14/courtrecords/Official%20Art/OA-Pearl.jpg

arcadiapandora
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I am doing a Pearl cosplay. Does any one have any good images of her ball? I can't see the design on it.

With her hair, is it best to use wire or lots o hair spray. I am using my own hair.

If possible, go without wire. I was really sad to see how badly the wire I used stuck out in my Nurse Joy cosplay (then again I just picked up whatever I found left over from other stuff in the house, if I had used thinner wire it might have been okay). That and my hair was pink, so it stuck out even more. On darker hair it may be less noticable.

CliffnCain
02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I actually thought about cosplaying Phoenix but I cut my hair so I threw that idea out the window, but i do plan on growing it back long enough so me to gel it the way he does (and it can also double for Percival from suikoden 3)

shiri_tori
02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Me and my friends are all going as a group-cosplay of Phoenix Wright this year at A-kon--we've got the main characters, and some random side ones...I'm going as Mia, but come sat--turning into Omatsuri Rikku--though my friends want me to stay as Mia...(^__^)U

kouun
02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
My siblings, friends, and I want to cosplay as Phoenix Wright since we're all addicted to it. I wanna cosplay as Ema Skye, but I seem to have difficulty coming up with how to make the costume. I have no idea how to make any of the items that she is wearing, nor do I know where to find a lab coat. Can anyone help me find patterns and such to make it? Is it possible to paint sunglasses so that its pink with white frames, or will I have to go scavange for that .__.;;?

Atticus711
02-12-2007, 01:20 AM
I loved this game so much and one character just spoke to my heart....Dick Gumshoe, I'm going to cosplay as him for AX07 and I have mostly everything except the green trench coat...not because I cant find one its just the money thing...Its a bit of a problem. But oh well! Not only am I going to do a spot on cosplay, I am also going to character act and act all...well...Gumshoe-ish.

Saxinthehall
02-12-2007, 06:44 AM
My siblings, friends, and I want to cosplay as Phoenix Wright since we're all addicted to it. I wanna cosplay as Ema Skye, but I seem to have difficulty coming up with how to make the costume. I have no idea how to make any of the items that she is wearing, nor do I know where to find a lab coat. Can anyone help me find patterns and such to make it? Is it possible to paint sunglasses so that its pink with white frames, or will I have to go scavange for that .__.;;?

If you have an army surplus store you might be able to get one for about twenty dollars. There's always medical stores online that you should be able to order one from, but then you will get catalogs from them each month/season with all the new products in stock.

Varnani
02-12-2007, 04:29 PM

You can, if you're careful, spray-paint the sunglasses white. You'd need to cover the lenses with paper so they don't get white on them.
You may want help and/or permission from your parents, though, since you'll likely be doing it in their garage and on their cement. (I had to spray-paint things once and to say the very least I got paint everywhere, even with paper down.)

For her pins, I believe there is some kind of toy that makes pins. All you have to do is draw the designs on paper and put them in the machine.
This might've been a long time ago, though, so if it doesn't exist anymore...well...you could ask someone at an Artist's Alley at a con how they made their pins. :o

Aer
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey guys!

This is rather last minute...but in your opinion, what color is Franziska's hair?

I can't decide what wig of mine to chop up ^_^;

Varnani
02-12-2007, 05:32 PM
It's silver in-game and more blue-ish in character art. :)
I like the silver.

Ali-kun
02-13-2007, 02:35 AM
It's silver in-game and more blue-ish in character art. :)
I like the silver.

You think so? It looks more of an icy blue in-game and aqua character art to me (I'm assuming we're talking about the same image that was under discussion previously in the thread, where her black suit has a greenish tint)

...even with that color shift, whether you call it silver or light blue, I like that better than the aqua, heh.

P.S. Edgeworth may lose against Our Hero in court but he wins all else <3

I want to do a Casual Maggey outfit as well. That Blue Badger hoodie she wears in her case in JFA (and this picture (http://www.croik.com/PW/images/happy%20picnic.jpg)) - it's just too cute!

arcadiapandora
02-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Staring at my DS right now, I'd say Franziska's hair in game is also a shade of light blue. I chose a multi-toned blue wig for my Franziska, and I'm pretty happy.

I just took these now, and I'm super super tired, so forgive the ugly:

Mostly-Front Shot (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/Cosplay%20In%20Progress/DCP07851v2.jpg)

Left Side (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/Cosplay%20In%20Progress/DCP07868v2.jpg)

Right Side (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/Cosplay%20In%20Progress/DCP07848v2.jpg)

That's my wig. Only problem I have with it is the part is in the middle, but it's no big deal. :D

Varnani
02-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Arcadiapandora- Oh, dude, your wig is made of win. :D

I guess I was more focused on recycling a wig to even think about it being a different color. *emos* Just kidding.

Anyway, here's a good source for Phoenix Wright sprites and such.

http://www.court-records.net/

Under characters. :) But be careful, you don't want to spoil anything for yourself(most you have to highlight, but I thought I'd say it anyway).

Teragan
02-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Jajajaja, I just this hour finished my college Phoenix (GS3) cosplay for tomorrow Midlands Expo. ^___^; It's nice and simple and I'm really pleased with it, even though I don't have the right hair. Um, here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/taoanna/cosplay.png) is a spiff'd up picture with his sprite and everything. :D I haven't got good quality pictures, having only just finished it, but I'll be sure to get some when I'm at the Expo tomorrow! ^__^

It's a shame, I've only ever seen one cosplay of this outfit, and that was a Chinese cosplayer. Who has the right hair. xD It's a really cute outfit, I wanna see some more people who've done it...

IchHeisse
02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Just finished my Phoenix Wright costume (http://members.cosplay.com/costume/78748/) this week >.>

I plan on possibly doing an Edgeworth costume for next year xD

Saxinthehall
02-24-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm starting to think about doing a Matt Engarde cosplay at a future con. Mainly for when you see him after he consults himself and you see the true him.

I'm just going ot have to make one con be a big Phoenix Wright cosplay extravaganza for me. The cosplays....they keep adding up.

akim
02-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Im going as gumshoe at sakura con this year.

Varnani
02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm starting to think about doing a Matt Engarde cosplay at a future con. Mainly for when you see him after he consults himself and you see the true him.

Quoted for win.

I found nearly perfect shoes for Franziska today, but they were too small for my yeti feet. :(

Link for anyone who would like to see them:
http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page_vanilla2.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=4200 39609&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=213167899&bmUID=1172632742914

:D

Fumei
02-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Aww! I went to Macy*s to buy my Ziska shoes. @_@ They're not perfect but... T_T they were so cute and very close enough and I can use them!

I just have to get the right size... T_T

[Edit]OKAY so it didn't work last night. XD WAI! You have the same boots as I do! XD <3

Saxinthehall
02-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Quoted for win.
:D

KNowing me I'll get as far as getting the hair, gloves, and stuff to do his...'OH my face has an itch and my fingernails are sooooo sharp' actions (Sorry, best way I can think of describing what happens without giving away spoilers). Making his jacket and cell phone bracelets, and me not liking contacts will be the only things keeping me from doing it. Well, I guess I could take the glasses off but I forget I'm wearing them while cosplaying.

KaineMaxwell
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Anyone know where I can get or make the shirt for Larry Butz??

Varnani
02-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Fumei: ! How cool! XD;

Saxinthehall: His jacket is so awesome, if I ever have leftover red and white pleather I'm so making it. XD For me.

KaineMaxwell: Make a stencil and get some fabric paint?

The design looks like rectangles with eyeballs at the top. XD;

Fumei
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Fumei: ! How cool! XD;

Saxinthehall: His jacket is so awesome, if I ever have leftover red and white pleather I'm so making it. XD For me.

KaineMaxwell: Make a stencil and get some fabric paint?

The design looks like rectangles with eyeballs at the top. XD;

Oh yeah! If you're willing to pay like twice more for Ziska boots, you can get them at stevemaddens.com. (@_@) Damn you Kohls, why don't you have normal women feet sizes?! XD

Varnani
03-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Actually on the website they had the right size for me. :) (10's.)
I got lucky.

ChibiTifa05
03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
My Maya costume will be officially retired after Otakon, so my next PW cosplays will be GS4 Ema (that should not be a spoiler for anyone here XD), Adrian Andrews and Mikuni (I think that's her name) from GS4. I'll most likely start on Adrian first.

Fumei
03-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Lucky! XD Kohls doesn't have my size. XD

Err, yeah getting back on topic... I really don't want to use padded leather gloves for Ziska. I'm having a hard time finding thin layered leather gloves.

SailorKnight
03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm going as Franziska von Karma to Tsubasacon in West Virginia on October 5. Any tips would be great. I'm planning on using the Secret (http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25880&cat=2487&page=1) wig in either white or medium brown w/ 90% grey (http://cosworx.com/pages.php?pageid=13) and cutting bangs into it. I wanted to use HH Ava (http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25844&cat=2446&page=1), but I'm a poor college student and can't shell out nearly $60 for a wig. Ankle boots are in style now and shouldn't be hard to find. I can either buy a whip from eBay, or I can take the time to make one. (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~welmat/how2bl.htm) For the shirt I want to reuse my old Wizard of Oz pattern (http://simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=19&sec=46&startrow=1) and use Elphaba's bodice and just cut it off where it meets the waist (the bodice and waist are separate pieces sewn together) and add the cuffs. Probably this vest (A) (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4079) with a little length added. Maybe this skirt (C) (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=9825) and shorten it (or not, we always have to lengthen my dresses because I'm so tall so it would be just about right normally) which is a little more flared than Ziska's, but a heck of a lot easier to walk around in. I can simply tie a big white bow around my neck and make all the buttons and stuff out of big acrylic jewels from a craft store.

Well, that's my plan. Any suggestions?

Ali-kun
03-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Looks like a good plan to me :D I would probably go for the white wig and tint it blue using one of the many methods found in the wig section of the forums, just 'cause I like her blue hair (but I've only rarely seen a wig that was actually that color, heh...seems like the lightest blue is usually darker than hers). I guess the color marked as light blue/turquoise would work if you're going for the official art cg image, but I don't like that color :P silvery blue in-game sprites ftw!

mirrorsaber
03-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm going as Franziska von Karma to Tsubasacon in West Virginia on October 5. Any tips would be great. I'm planning on using the Secret (http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25880&cat=2487&page=1) wig in either white or medium brown w/ 90% grey (http://cosworx.com/pages.php?pageid=13) and cutting bangs into it. I wanted to use HH Ava (http://cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25844&cat=2446&page=1), but I'm a poor college student and can't shell out nearly $60 for a wig. Ankle boots are in style now and shouldn't be hard to find. I can either buy a whip from eBay, or I can take the time to make one. (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~welmat/how2bl.htm) For the shirt I want to reuse my old Wizard of Oz pattern (http://simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=19&sec=46&startrow=1) and use Elphaba's bodice and just cut it off where it meets the waist (the bodice and waist are separate pieces sewn together) and add the cuffs. Probably this vest (A) (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4079) with a little length added. Maybe this skirt (C) (http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=9825) and shorten it (or not, we always have to lengthen my dresses because I'm so tall so it would be just about right normally) which is a little more flared than Ziska's, but a heck of a lot easier to walk around in. I can simply tie a big white bow around my neck and make all the buttons and stuff out of big acrylic jewels from a craft store.

You can buy the shoes here. Thats is what I have done with one of my recent outfits. Plus, the shoes are cheap.

www.electriqueboutique.com/ -

If you can't find the color of shoe you want, find the style thats similar and buy it. From there, you can paint your shoe depending if its made out of plastic (krylon paint) or leather or vinyl, which they do make a dye for that you can buy online. I forgot what topic it was in the cosplay.com forum.

For making her pendant and jewrly, go to this site for tutorials. However, you can use a latex mold called Mold Builder from any art store like Micheals to make it out of since you do have time (and want to save money). However, mine tends to dry faster since its set in a warmer climate where I live.

http://www.whatishcc.com/tutorials.php

If you want poofy sleeves, Mcalls had a pattern similar to the top in one of their historical sites. Vest, I would use PM me if you need more info.

SailorKnight
03-04-2007, 03:45 PM
My problem with buying shoes online is that my shoe size ranges from 9.5 to 11. I'd feel much better trying them on first, but I have plenty of time to fail at that and order some online. Dying the wig sounds like a good plan. I had never heard of polyester resin, it looks much less intimidating than polyurethane, I think I can handle that! I'm sure there are better patterns for the shirt, but I already have the Wizard of Oz pattern and I know that it works, so I'd rather stick with that.

Varnani
03-04-2007, 06:40 PM

Err...you pretty much covered everything? lol. XD;
For the yellow/gold trim I'd recommend ribbon instead of bias tape. The tape I got was more glittery than I would have liked so...I think the selection of gold(I used gold since I don't like yellow) ribbon should be pretty wide.
I used sculpty for the diamonds and cuff-links. To attach them to the shirt and vest I took a few links from a chain I bought at Jo-Ann's, opened them with needle nose pliers and stuck them, open side down, into the sculpty before baking them.
After that I just painted them with acrylic. But if you can find nice diamonds at a craft store, you can just forget what I said. xD;

For the wig, I'd recommend getting the white one, the 90% gray seems too dark to me.

arcadiapandora
03-05-2007, 01:02 AM
You can buy the shoes here. Thats is what I have done with one of my recent outfits. Plus, the shoes are cheap.

www.electriqueboutique.com/ -

Have you bought from them before? What's the shipping like? Those prices seem too good to be true XD. I think I may have to raid that store for shoes, cosplay and un-cosplay related. That store is awesome ;O!

I personally got my shoes off Ebay, and I need to color them, since they're like, grayish-blue. They're perfect though. It took me a long time to find fold-over shoes (or rather, the illusion of fold over, as these are) that didn't have bows or anything in the back, and were fold-over all the way around. When I have a minute or so I'll take a picture, I love these shoes XD!

As for Franziska's skirt and vest, it's not visible in the game or most of the game art, but I have this really neat reference that shows the back side of her, and it turns out that she's got a slit down the middle of the skirt and vest in the back. So you can go ahead and make it a bit more rigid in it's structure, since it actually has a slit XD!

mirrorsaber
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=arcadiapandora;1761206]Have you bought from them before? What's the shipping like? Those prices seem too good to be true XD. I think I may have to raid that store for shoes, cosplay and un-cosplay related. That store is awesome ;O!

[QUOTE]

I just bought from them with my first order. They called me today saying they cancelled my order and now they sent me an email saying its coming. I'll post the results of how it once it comes and fits. Jia reccommened the site to me at her cosplay panel.

The shipping, you can choose which one you want. FedEx 1-5 days is about the cheapest.

SailorKnightWing, since you live relatively close to me, try Value City (if you have one) or Big Lots for shoes if you want to shop offline. Value City had a sale of their winter stuff for 60-75 today and I bought some just in case the order doesnt go through.

Ali-kun
03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
I was re-organizing my cosplay bins and re-discovered this wig that I'd originally bought a few years back for FFX Rin, but never finished the costume.

http://www.kirakira.org/temp/adrian.jpg

And that's just with some minimal finger-styling and pulling it back a bit with a ribbon XD

This is the Cleopatra style from amphigory.com in color 'gold coin' if anyone finds the out-of-the-box resemblance as great as I do. If I weren't already committed to being Edgeworth for our PW group...hehehehe.

SheikahPrincess
03-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm seriously considering making a costume for the game. It's awesome. The only problem is I don't know who I would dress up as...^_^6

Ali-kun
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
If you wanna be Adrian at ACen '07 I'll send you that wig? XD I've tried it on (well duh, because I took a picture in it) but I promise I don't have the head pigeons.

ETA: Whew...wig-dying went A-okay :D
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1014884

Sorry I'm posting yet another picture, it was my first time dying a wig so I'm excited that it went so smoothly ^^; That one started out as a Sheryl by Wig America in 613 pale blonde. I started out coloring it with Prismacolors but realized how ineffective and time-consuming it was, so instead I cracked open the markers and stuck 'em in a bottle of rubbing alcohol (the wig section of these forums is SO useful, I swear...heck, all the sections are).

SheikahPrincess
03-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Wow...you did a wonderful job with that wig, Ali-Kun! I mean....Wow...XD

I know that pic was meant for someone else, but I couldn't help but look...^_^6

arcadiapandora
03-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Your wig looks great! :D

Varnani
03-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I got my boots in the mail the other day. :D Shipping was only 99 cents. (Khol's) Took them awhile, though.

Lucky! XD Kohls doesn't have my size. XD

Err, yeah getting back on topic... I really don't want to use padded leather gloves for Ziska. I'm having a hard time finding thin layered leather gloves.

Also, if you look in clearance at...(lol) Khol's, you might find some black leather gloves for about 7 dollars. My mom warned me away from the cashmere lined ones because there's a chance I could be allergic to them. Just warning you. The regular ones(IF you can find them) should be fine, though.

Ali-kun
03-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Whew...I love getting together with friends, work goes SO much faster that way. We got a lot of progress done on Phoenix and Edgeworth this week, unfortunately we can't get much more done on the jackets for both until our things come in the mail (interfacing/padding for Nick, lining for Miles) so we'll have to start in on making Larry's jacket now...oh, orange lol.

I almost finished my pants, so I had to pin the unfinished bits together and try everything on (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1019488) as usual. I <3 my cufflinks! Taming that silk into a properly ruffled cravat is going to be...interesting. Hopefully I can do it justice *crosses fingers*

I modeled my friend's pants/tie after everyone left, too. Hopefully she won't mind if I show off (http://www.kirakira.org/cosplay/nick_pants.jpg), as she doesn't have an account here >.> P.s. the tie clip matches my cufflinks, as we got a set at a vintage shop and split it, ahehehehe.

I think we're going to try out the Femme Fatale from Amphigory for Nick's wig, as it's been said that it has a good lot of hair in it and it's good for high ponytails and such, we'll see how that goes. If it turns out to be awesome I'll let you all know :P If anyone else has already had a super fabulous experience with a different wig, let me know which one and show me pics, as we haven't bought ours yet! I don't recall seeing any definitive Phoenix Wright wig advice in this thread already...if I missed a useful post in my re-skimming, pardon.

Anyone else going to be at Anime Central? I love getting together with other people XD We'll be at A-kon and AFest in Dallas, as well.

phantomthief
03-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Er... Just as a warning, here's how NOT to do Phoenix Wright cosplay X3 (AKA: What happens when your group decides to do a Geology project based on PW... The weekend before it's due. Everything was out of my closet.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNhEPD9UXCs

And just so there's something at least somewhat useful in this post...

Have you bought from them before? What's the shipping like? Those prices seem too good to be true XD. I think I may have to raid that store for shoes, cosplay and un-cosplay related. That store is awesome ;O!

I bought my Toshiya platforms from them ^_^ Shipping was average (not super-fast, but not a slow-boat from China either) and the prices WERE great. However! They don't like to update their stock too quickly so they waited 3 days to tell me that the style was out of stock and I had to choose a different pair >.< (I already paid for them O_o)

So average shipping, awesome prices, decent shoes, bad service -_-;

~Ari-chan

Ali-kun
03-17-2007, 04:30 AM
Er... Just as a warning, here's how NOT to do Phoenix Wright cosplay X3 (AKA: What happens when your group decides to do a Geology project based on PW... The weekend before it's due. Everything was out of my closet.)

(useful? what useful?)

That made my night with silly hilarity. I wish I could still do stuff like that for class projects XD (the last time I did anything awesome for a class project was filming a reenactment of World War I...as a mudpit war. I was Germany :D)

You better believe that now that I have a camera we'll be making some silly fanvids. Live action Phoenix Wrong, anyone? ^^;;;

Varnani
03-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes please!! XDDD

arcadiapandora
03-17-2007, 08:21 PM

And just so there's something at least somewhat useful in this post...

I bought my Toshiya platforms from them ^_^ Shipping was average (not super-fast, but not a slow-boat from China either) and the prices WERE great. However! They don't like to update their stock too quickly so they waited 3 days to tell me that the style was out of stock and I had to choose a different pair >.< (I already paid for them O_o)

So average shipping, awesome prices, decent shoes, bad service -_-;

~Ari-chan

First: Your video was hilarious. I miss school projects like that ;_; My group was notorious for those kinda videos! XD

Second: I ordered some boots from them for another cosplay of mine (Alice Elliott from Shadow Hearts) and I have to say I'm extremely pleased. The longest part of my wait was for my actual order to go in-- the shipping time from when they sent me my tracking number (over the weekend as well) was around 4-5 business days. I'm so glad the site was recommended here XD!

arcadiapandora
03-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Question for any Franziska or Redd White cosplayers:

How are you doing the gems or jewelry? I decided to go with making my own (and boy, including testing and planning for future cosplays and fuck-ups, the supplies including anything I'd need for mixing, measuring and cleaning, almost 130$ D: ).

Basically I ordered some plastic epoxy resin and liquid latex mould builder from tap plastics. After struggling trying to find the right kinda plastic shape for Franziska's brooch, I gave up and quite literally carved one out of insulation foam (I'll post some before and after pictures once I've finished putting layers of latex on it ;o). Now I figured the latex would bond to the foam (and it did, I tested it :\), so over a couple of days, I covered it in layers of good-ol elmer's glue. There's still a chance that the latex will bond to the glue, but thankfully I still have a whole lot of two inch thick foam to re-carve shit outta. However it seems that the latex doesn't bond to waxy surfaces (hardened plastics and wax paper both easily came out of the latex). Redd White's are a bit easier as his are way smaller, and I can use the default moulds I ordered.

So, I guess what I'm asking is what are others doing? I really like the look of colored plastic and I think the gems come out rather beautiful, even if the process is a little annoying.

Varnani
03-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I would have liked clear plastic/resin for mine, but I couldn't find any gems similar to her buttons or brooch and I've never worked with resin before. :/
I just used sculpy painted turquoise. *lame*

arcadiapandora
04-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Okay, I think it's about time to re-resurrect (in celebration of Easter oh-hoho!) this thread <3!

Okay, I wanted to wait until everything accessory wise had been completed for both this cosplay and my Alice cosplay, so things took awhile, especially while waiting for the two pairs of cufflinks (I used them for bases <3) and clip on earring bases to arrive in the mail~~ <3!

This is my Franziska gem set:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/DCP07977.jpg

The only thing I'm especially unhappy about is the uh, lack of overall colorization. The brooch gem is too big for one (after putting the gold around it) and it's a much deeper color than the other gems..which means the dye tends to float to the top during the mixing process :|. It is however sufficient, and I was too mad too re-do it, so I'm sticking with it. The cufflinks came out the best, except that I went with rectangles over squares, since the rectangle mould I had was more than twice the square's size. I figured the brooch was huge, I might as well go big on the other stuff too. Earrings came out pretty nifty, and the only bad thing about the diamond buttons is one is wayyy darker than the other (it's not the picture, the actual color difference is there). I figured if I put the light colored one in the middle it'd look intentional, so I'll let it slide.

What I used for the outside of Franziska's brooch was some neat stuff called plastic epoxy putty. It works awesome. Has the consistancy of clay, is mouldable, workable with hands, and other than the fact it smells like week old tuna sitting out in the sun, it was freaking wonderful. It dries in around 15-20 minutes too, so I was able to paint immediately.

I made Alice's crusifix with it as well, as you can see here:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/DCP07979.jpg
(Before final paint layer and aging)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/DCP07983.jpg
(after final paint layer and aging)
I gotta say, this stuff is amazing. I highly recommend it if you need to do any small item work. :D

Since I've never used Sculpy, is it anything like plastic epoxy putty? :D

Varnani
04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Um...no, it's like clay...XD;;

Your gems came out beautifully, I really, really like how the earrings came out.

Ali-kun
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
*steals your earrings* >.> <.< (I just think they're cute and I would wear them normally, heehee)

The gems look like candy and I want to eat them~! The translucency is gorgeous, the only thing I personally don't like is the crackled-look to the color. Then again, I don't know how that method works, and if I had to make them I'd probably just use matte colored sculpey or something because that's the extent of my creative abilities, and it wouldn't look half as pretty x.x

Patastrophic
04-11-2007, 12:33 AM
My Manfred von Karma Costume (http://members.cosplay.com/costume/77195/). More Phoenix Wright cosplay! The responses in this thread make me happy!:toothy:

Unfortunately I couldn't find a blue one for his brooch, so it's hard to see, but if messing with putty isn't your thing, you can use tiny elastic straps. Crevats are really not a pain to make, so all you do is sew the brooch/jewel to the crevat (wrap it around your neck and mark where the center for the brooch will be), then slide an elastic band through the other side. When you put on the crevat, you can slide the strap over the front of the brooch/jewel to hold it together.

It made my crevat comfy to wear (and I HATE that goes around the neck, even ties). I cannot, however, apologize enough for my wig. My original one got trashed at the con, so I had to resort to my Xemnas wig. :bigcry:

arcadiapandora
04-11-2007, 12:55 AM
*steals your earrings* >.> <.< (I just think they're cute and I would wear them normally, heehee)

The gems look like candy and I want to eat them~! The translucency is gorgeous, the only thing I personally don't like is the crackled-look to the color. Then again, I don't know how that method works, and if I had to make them I'd probably just use matte colored sculpey or something because that's the extent of my creative abilities, and it wouldn't look half as pretty x.x

XD The reason they look kind of crackled is because I backed the gems with tinfoil. It makes them look very shiny. You can use mirror backing which is flatter, but I didn't want to spend the money. In person they look smooth and shiny though, so the effect isn't lost XD The gems themselves are dyed plastic and smooth on their own, but since I'm putting them on top of colored fabric, the color of the fabric would show through the gems and dull them. So tinfoil ahoy ;D

Audhulma: Thank you <3 And the earrings were REALLY easy to make by the way. I borrowed daddy's drill and used clear fishing line, gold clip on earrings base (I've never had pierced ears ;o) and I mixed four or five of my nail polishes to paint the top of the gold-ball area. ;D

DarrynGrey: Allow me to say this: I SHALL UPHOLD THE VON KARMA LEGACY OF PERFECTION~~ <3.

Yay for Phoenix Cosplayers ;D Any of you attending Fanimecon07? ;D

Fumei
04-11-2007, 01:04 AM
YUS. XD I didn't reply to this thread since I'm getting my cosplay commissioned. XD;; Wheee! I cna't wait to see you guys at Fanime!

Any chance you guys are headed towards Anime Expo as well?

Varnani
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm going to Fanime and Anime Expo. Hope to see you guys there! :D

Patastrophic
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
DarrynGrey: Allow me to say this: I SHALL UPHOLD THE VON KARMA LEGACY OF PERFECTION~~ <3.

Crush the foolish fools who so foolishly spout their foolish foolishness to their foolish friends! And then, I will SCREAAAAAAAAAAMMM~!

SailorKnight
04-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey I found some great Franziska boots. Only problem is they're $55 at the cheapest. But no shipping fee is nice.

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=clear&clearid=1&gen=w&ag=1&pcid=78229&fpl=productlist&ptclass=clear

mirrorsaber
04-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Question for any Franziska or Redd White cosplayers:

How are you doing the gems or jewelry? I decided to go with making my own (and boy, including testing and planning for future cosplays and fuck-ups, the supplies including anything I'd need for mixing, measuring and cleaning, almost 130$ D: ).

Basically I ordered some plastic epoxy resin and liquid latex mould builder from tap plastics. After struggling trying to find the right kinda plastic shape for Franziska's brooch, I gave up and quite literally carved one out of insulation foam (I'll post some before and after pictures once I've finished putting layers of latex on it ;o). Now I figured the latex would bond to the foam (and it did, I tested it :\), so over a couple of days, I covered it in layers of good-ol elmer's glue. There's still a chance that the latex will bond to the glue, but thankfully I still have a whole lot of two inch thick foam to re-carve shit outta. However it seems that the latex doesn't bond to waxy surfaces (hardened plastics and wax paper both easily came out of the latex). Redd White's are a bit easier as his are way smaller, and I can use the default moulds I ordered.

So, I guess what I'm asking is what are others doing? I really like the look of colored plastic and I think the gems come out rather beautiful, even if the process is a little annoying.

I heard tap plastics changed their formula recently and its not really good for resin casting. Thats probably why it didn't do so well. I suggest googling HCC cosplay and look on how they cast resin. Thats how I figured it out.

SailorKnightWing- I have seen shoes like that cheaper than that. Try electriqueboutique because they change their stocks a lot. Plus, they are cheap. Or ebay. Just be careful where you shop.

arcadiapandora
04-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I heard tap plastics changed their formula recently and its not really good for resin casting. Thats probably why it didn't do so well. I suggest googling HCC cosplay and look on how they cast resin. Thats how I figured it out.

The actual plastic resin worked like a charm, it was the liquid latex mold builder that was a pain in the ass. I found some ways to make it go easier, but I'll definately get a different brand once I'm finished with this product. The gems made in the molds ended up coming out cloudy on the surface as well, and no amount of cleaning would remove it. I fixed it by putting on a layer of high-gloss clear nail polish, though it did create bubbles on some gems.

Though this may be an issue with all latex mold builder rather than just tap plastics. I didn't want to use plaster or anything un-flexable, as even with mold conditioner and release spray I found that the gems still need to quite literally be pried from their molds. I did find that if you did this around 24 hours after the curing process, any damaged caused to the base of the gem usually went away (due to the gems still being a little soft).

As far as HCC's tutorial goes, I used it as my reference. ;D

Earthbounder
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
My Manfred von Karma Costume (http://members.cosplay.com/costume/77195/).

I gotta say that it's awesome to see Manfred get done XD Never seen him cosplayed before!

On another note though, as many of you are probably aware, Gyakuten Saiban 4 just got released in Japan. My question is, anyone planning a cosplay from it yet?

I'm already trying to get a (Highlight - Possible Spoiler)mangey looking Hobo!Phoenix set up for Fanime.

Archelon
04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I plan on cosplaying either regular Phoenix or GS4 Phoenix for Otakon.

EDIT: I just realized that by quoting you, I made your spoiler visible, so I deleted the quote.

Saxinthehall
04-15-2007, 06:16 AM
I think last Anime USA I was thinking about cosplaying as Kirihito Garyuu. The only thing that kept me from cosplaying as him was I thought he might not be recognized.

I would love to see a Naruhobo (can I say that or would that be considered a spoiler?) cosplayer.

Varnani
04-15-2007, 12:42 PM
It's only a spoiler if they know what that person's name is. :P

Earthbounder
04-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Alright, I've got a quick favor to ask of the Gyakuten fans...

I need a full body shot of Matt Engarde.

Can someone provide~<3? I would be forever thankful, for you see, I plan on doing his costume, but I'd like to avoid buying an uneccesary amount of red or white vinyl, so I need to know the proper amount for each color to buy X3

Varnani
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
This is the best I can find-
http://www.court-records.net/art/gs2_20.jpg
Not in color, but it gives you an idea of how long the jacket is. ^^;

Saxinthehall
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I think that's supposed to be what it could have looked like. It's very hard to find a full body picture of Matt. The closest I could get is here

http://www.court-records.net/screenshots2.htm

Scroll down to Farewell my Turnabout and it's on the left side of the screen right above Ms. Von Karma. Carefull if you haven't played that game yet, you might run into some slight spoilers.

Varnani
05-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I scrolled quickly, lol. XD
To spare the little children(hurr-hurr), here's a direct link to it-
http://www.court-records.net/screenshots/JFA/mattandceleste.png

kojirojames2004
05-06-2007, 05:32 AM
And I've been dying to say this in this thread...

OBJECTION!

Couldn't resist!

Varnani
05-09-2007, 12:04 PM
And all I have to say to you is...

TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAIIIIIN XD

Haha, anyway, could I get some wig recommendations from the lovely Franziskas in this thread? My current wig sucks for her. :(

arcadiapandora
05-09-2007, 07:03 PM
And all I have to say to you is...

TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAIIIIIN XD

Haha, anyway, could I get some wig recommendations from the lovely Franziskas in this thread? My current wig sucks for her. :(

I checked the seller's store on Ebay for the wig I bought, and they have another!

Clicky~~ (http://cgi.ebay.com/PW38-Super-Cosplay-Blue-New-Cutting-15-Wig-Wigs_W0QQitemZ140115808584QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60188 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)

The wig is way lighter in person. I've already posted pics too :D! And the price is fairly decent, and I got it in a fair amount of time. If you're getting it though better get it asap, don't wanna have it get here late D:!

Varnani
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
<3 <3 <3

Tis beautiful. My only question is about the part, is it possible to change it?

If not, oh well, I love the color on it anyway.

arcadiapandora
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
<3 <3 <3

Tis beautiful. My only question is about the part, is it possible to change it?

If not, oh well, I love the color on it anyway.

My experience with this wig's part and other parts on wigs as well is that it's generally impossible to just brush it over. It'd have to be re-wefted I'm sure. From a front view though, you can't even tell. If you wanna fight with it a bit and try and sort of gel/glue it down (I did so with another wig, it worked but it could be better I'm sure) you could, but I found that it made the wig look uneven, and that it pulled most of the longer strands of hair from the right side, making the left side look much longer. It'd take a good deal of re-styling I think, but it's possible. :D I'm much too lazy though, and too frightened of screwing it up :o

On a slightly unrelated note, I finally got around to taking pictures of my shoes! I got these on ebay too, and there WAS a black pair, I'd wanted to get them after I discovered how much it would cost (basically the same as buying another pair) to dye them black. They're gone now though, and I haven't found any other pairs in this style:

Sides (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/100_0288.jpg)
Back (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/100_0289.jpg)
Front (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/shinobiai/100_0290.jpg)

Excuse the look of the pictures, still getting used to the new camera.

My favorite thing about these is that the folded thing goes all the way around. I wish I could have found where the ebay store got them, so I could have shared the link with my dear Franziskas. D:

EDIT: Man, those are black shoes. You can hardly see the way the fold works! D:

Varnani
05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
You dyed those?? :O Nice!! They came out great!

Also, thank you very much for the wig link- I totally didn't thank you in my previous post and now I feel rude. >>;;

arcadiapandora
05-09-2007, 07:47 PM
You dyed those?? :O Nice!! They came out great!

Also, thank you very much for the wig link- I totally didn't thank you in my previous post and now I feel rude. >>;;

No need to thank! :D I actually paid to have them dyed. I couldn't find shoe dye anywhere, or I would have. I dye clothes quite often so I have experience in it, but no one seems to carry the freaking shoe dye. Not to mention these are pleather, so it was a real pain in the ass job. The shoe guy was real pissed. :D

Varnani
05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I bet his hands were blue for days. I dyed a shirt once(with gloves!! D: ) and I had to sit for a loooong time just scrubbing my hands with soap to get them to a lighter purple and after that I had purpley hands for a few days.
The worst part was that the shirt came out gray. I mean...come on. DX

kojirojames2004
05-11-2007, 09:29 PM
"And all I have to say to you is...

"TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAIIIIIN!"XD

[off topic]What? No...

YANA KANJI~!? :LOL:[/off topic]

Okay, I'll let you get back to this Phoenix Wright subject.

Flowery
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM

arcadiapandora
05-13-2007, 02:35 AM
On the subject of wigs... does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about making Dahlia's hair from the third game? x_x Here's a link for reference.

http://www.court-records.net/art/postcard_25.png

I've got no idea how to even start with that! Not to mention I can't french braid, which seems to be the first thing that comes to mind... ._. much less on a wig!

:o I don't have much in the way of wig styling skills, only basic stuff, and I'm too lazy to re-weft, so this is how I'd do it:

Make two braids from extensions. Comb all the hair back on the wig, blow dry/heat to get it to stay that way, and then place the braids accordingly. You'd stick whatever hairs outside of the actual braid (ie, the part that sticks out the other side of the rubberband) underneath the front of the weft. To put it on, I'd actually sew it into the wig mesh using same colored thread. For my Alice wig, I sewed the braids into the wig mesh, and it worked pretty well. I'm rather pleased with out it turned out.

Cyanide Codon
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
...Evenin', ladies and gentlemen.

I come before you today begging for a small bit or two of help that will assist me in my last minute switch of costume choice.

I am aware that someone on this site has done this version of Miles Edgeworth and does indeed have pictures, and that plenty more all over the internet have done the normal version, so, yes, I accept that I'm being totally unoriginal here.

I wish to put together a Young Edgeworth (http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3956/postcard30is7.png) outfit.

The problem is, I have no idea what on earth you call the style of coat he is wearing. Everything else should be easy to find whole/find patterns for/modify/buy as it is. I just don't have any idea where or how to begin searching for something I can use to create/modify something into that beautiful, beautiful coat with the crazy lapels/collar/cuffs.

Helpplz?

Varnani
08-28-2007, 02:44 AM
I shall aid you, my fellow Young Edgeworth lover.
http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4083
This, or any other "pirate" coat should give you the look you need. The decoration and higher collar will have to be added by you. :P

The_Pest
08-28-2007, 06:10 AM
I love the game and was planning on cosplaying as Phoenix Wright himself but put that idea on the side for now seeing as how so many people have done it already and I'm having a hard time finding the materials for the costume.

Cyanide Codon
08-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I shall aid you, my fellow Young Edgeworth lover.
http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4083
This, or any other "pirate" coat should give you the look you need. The decoration and higher collar will have to be added by you. :P

AH! My hero!

Thank you terribly. It was driving me crazy trying to find the appropriate base for me to work off of.

Varnani
08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Noooo, we could always use more Phoenixes! ;_;

Saxinthehall
08-31-2007, 08:12 AM
I think we're quite fine on having people cosplaying as Mr. Trite.

Sorry, got the import of PW3 this week and have been playing it as much as I can. As soon as I finish the game I'm working on another Godot visor since it needs a bit of work.

starlet_flower
08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
i'm on a Phoenix Wright high right now, and i'm planning on crossplaying Phoenix very soon. i just need to get the hair down and i'm fine! any tips on how to do the hair w/out a wig? other characters i'm considering are Maya Fey, Regina Berry, Adrian Andrews, and Lotta Hart.

Varnani
09-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Do not cosplay Lotta Hart.

I will beat you with a tire iron. I hate her so much. D:< (MOSTLY BECAUSE OF DL-6 ARGH.)

Actually, I take it back, you could have poses of all the characters beating you up.

Er....in all seriousness, though, I think you'd make a good Maya or Regina. ^^

starlet_flower
09-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Do not cosplay Lotta Hart.

I will beat you with a tire iron. I hate her so much. D:< (MOSTLY BECAUSE OF DL-6 ARGH.)

Actually, I take it back, you could have poses of all the characters beating you up.

Er....in all seriousness, though, I think you'd make a good Maya or Regina. ^^

LMAO! yeah, maybe i won't cosplay Lotta then. but hey, i'd rather cosplay Lotta than say...April May. or Ini Miney.

but thanks! i'll be doing Maya and Regina soon. i think i may have finally got the Phoenix hair down. without a wig! YAY!

itsuki<3pudding
09-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey all. I have a question about the sleeves on Mia's costume from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. You can see little things dangling off of them, but it doesn't really make sense to have random things hanging off your sleeve. I know it's a video game and all, but I was thinking that they looked like they could be zippers, which would make more sense to me. Does anyone have pictures that can confirm this?

Cyanide Codon
09-02-2007, 04:47 AM
That's kind of a shame, actually, starlet_flower. I saw your avatar just now and got halfway through the thought "Heh, wouldn't she just make an adorable April May?" before seeing your last post. Oh wells.

starlet_flower
09-02-2007, 02:13 PM
lol! it's not her outfit i hate, i actually really like it. i just can't stand her personality. but since you think so, i might consider it. maybe. i'm open to anything, actually.

Kiero1125
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey all. I have a question about the sleeves on Mia's costume from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. You can see little things dangling off of them, but it doesn't really make sense to have random things hanging off your sleeve. I know it's a video game and all, but I was thinking that they looked like they could be zippers, which would make more sense to me. Does anyone have pictures that can confirm this?

It seems that she does have something dangling off the ends that look like zipper pulls... http://gyakusai.magical-art.com/gallery/gallery.php?g2_itemId=659

but in her objection pictures for the third game..her sleeves are blank.

I guess it is your own choice on whether or not you want to add stuff to her sleeves.

PepeluTivursky
09-03-2007, 09:58 AM
This last weekend a friend of mine was over and I let her try out the first Phoenix Wright game. Needless to say now her AND another friend of hers are stalking DS sales on Ebay so they can finish out the game :)
We're pondering exactly how to go about Edgeworth though. You other Edgeworth cosplayers, did you manage to find that fabulous fuschia suit? Or did you dye a suit?

Varnani
09-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Vogue sells men's suit patterns:
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1753.htm?tab=men&page=1
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2836.htm?tab=men&page=2

You could probably find a suit on Ebay, too.

Saxinthehall
09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
I was lucky enough to find parts of my Edgeworth suit in two different stores, at different times of the year, and both parts on sale. I was able to pick up the jacket at JC Penny's in the summer and the pants I got from Macy's in the winter.

Luck was on my side. I wasn't even looking for Edgeworth pants and the jacket was a 'I could use this for a cosplay one day' thing.

starlet_flower
09-03-2007, 09:51 PM
ooh, how would you make that ruffly-tie thing Edgeworth wears? sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.

Cyanide Codon
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
I dunno. I have to make nearly all of his suit by hand since I'm going with his younger version. A bit frustrating, but provided I can learn to sew well enough, fast enough, it should work out.

But yeah, I second the help for the cravat-thingie. I don't wanna have to buy one off the internet. Well, I do, but I don't have the money JUST yet and want to save for a really nice one. So how does one go about makin' a really good imitation?

Varnani
09-04-2007, 12:41 PM
A somewhat ghetto way to make a cravat is to measure out a rectangle of fabric(about how long you need it), then pleat and iron it to about the size you need, width-wise. (That's so vague...erg). That's what I did for the bottom part of my Franziska bow. For Edgeworth, you'd need to make three(I think?), keeping in mind that they're not all the same length, and stack those on top of each other, baste them together and then make a band from the same kind of fabric that's a little longer(maybe an inch or two) than your neck is around, then sew the pleated part to the side of the band that's going to be touching your neck. (Not the front.) After that, you could add a snap or two to the band in the back.

Bale_Ikura
09-04-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm currently working on Max Galactica and Regina Berry for AX next year (I'll be the Max, a friend will be Regina). Depending on if I get it done in time I might premier my Max outfit at Ohayocon.

starlet_flower
09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
wow, thanks for the advice, Audhulma! i'll definately keep that in mind.

Oshi
09-05-2007, 05:05 AM
hay guiz
I whipped up this enlarged vector "Objection!" by request of NinjAttourney. And I'm all about sharing the goodness.
At 1040x768, it should be decent for print, but if a higher resolution is desired, let me know and I'll do so.

http://teh-oshi.net/stuff/objection-vector.png

EDIT: I also made a "Take That!" one and they're now 1440px (20") high.

http://teh-oshi.net/stuff/takethat-vector.png

Varnani
09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Those look awesome, thanks Oshi! :D

Euphemia
09-10-2007, 09:52 AM
hay guiz
I whipped up this enlarged vector "Objection!" by request of NinjAttourney. And I'm all about sharing the goodness.
At 1040x768, it should be decent for print, but if a higher resolution is desired, let me know and I'll do so.

You are awesome, Oshi. (b>o<)b

I'm addicted to Phoenix Wright right now and thus feel the need to cosplay from it. I'm looking in to being Maya Fey for right now, which would be a fairly easy costume to make. (I would be Phoenix or Edgeworth, but I'm so short. =_=;;)

Cyanide Codon
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Ho ho. I have all the necessary items and fabrics and bits and pieces, now. Well, save the wig/briefcase, but that's not what I mean. And I got 90% of all of it in one extremely lucky day.

TIME TO BEGIN THE TAILORING PROJECT OF DOOM.

...oh dear god help me. XD

KnuxieChan
09-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm going to be making Franziska for Youmacon, if I go. If not, I might bring her to Ohayocon.

.. I've never worked with patterns before. ;_; It's scary.

Varnani
09-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm sure you'll do fine. =D Just alter a women's suit pattern like this one:
http://mccallpattern.com/item/M5193.htm?tab=sportswear_suits_jackets_coats&page=2

(Lengthen the vest[which is actually very easy, it allows for lengthening and shortening], add the triangles and a vent in the back, and ta-da! Just don't look at mine because I'm remaking the coat and that's how I'm doing it now. Before I used a non-form fitting pattern and it looks terrible. DX)

Euphemia
09-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm going to be making Franziska for Youmacon, if I go. If not, I might bring her to Ohayocon.

.. I've never worked with patterns before. ;_; It's scary.

It can be scary at first, yeah. I remember staring at all the cut-outs for my first patten-based costume and having this "O_O? WUH?" expression on my face. Tissue paper cut-outs should not be that intimidating.

Thankfully, though, once I had everything cut out and organized, I was able to figure out from the instructions what to do, accompanied by this sewing guide I own that explained the little details to me. ^^;

I'm sure you'll do fine, and good luck! I can't wait to see pictures! =)

Cyanide Codon
09-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Tissue paper cut-outs should not be that intimidating.

Indeed, but they totally oh my god are.

Ooo, also, my mum gifted me with an absolutely-complete-in-every-thinkable-way sewing basket, and a sewing-for-dummies type book.

...It makes the tissue paper cut-outs slightly less frightening. :D

starlet_flower
09-18-2007, 11:10 PM
hey, anyone know of a pattern to make Regina Berry's outfit? thinking of dressing up as her for Halloween...

Fallen_Jenova
09-20-2007, 12:53 AM
I got into this fandom a little late. xD;
I'm doing Edgeworth for my group.. funny story how I actually got picked to do him before we even played the games.

I've never sewn a suit before.. So at the moment I'm attempting to dye a white one and pants to match.. Though I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what color the suit is supposed to be.. Since there are many different variations and colors of it.

Cyanide Codon
09-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Wine-colored. There's a RIT dye for it and all. :)

OH GUYS GUYS HEY HEY GUYS

If you play Franziska, or if you want to but haven't yet started--I found out where to find pretty okay boots for her.

Store: Payless ShoeSource.
Brand: Fioni
Style: "Black Shiloh Button" on box/Shiloh Cuff Low Boot on webpage
Sizes: 5-12.
Price: Regularly $34.99. I believe they're on sale right now for $24.49?
Have a Looksee (http://www.payless.com/Catalog/productdetail.aspx?ItemCode=56861&ProductColor=Black&Width=Regular&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsClassic)

I mean, I know they're not perfect, but considering the war stories I've heard all over of having to add your own cuff/shave the heel/make her boots entirely yourself (O.o)...

Varnani
09-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh....even out of cosplay, those are adorable. o_o

Cyanide Codon
09-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I know.

It's a shame I don't like ankle boots or I'd find excuses to buy and wear them, myself. :(

SilverWind
10-02-2007, 01:06 AM
I've been cosplaying as Lana Skye for the last few years, but I'll be doing a character from the fourth game this time around for Anime North. ^_^

Is anyone else here planning to go to Anime North 2008? We're planning a pretty large photoshoot, and the person who runs Court Records will probably be there cosplaying Apollo Justice.

KnuxieChan
10-15-2007, 01:28 AM
So, I ended up failing miserably with the actual cutout pattern, so I bought myself an already made vest and took the pattern from that. XD; I'm working on the proto-type now and I keep having trouble with the armpit part. >_< They keep sticking out.

Also, I'm confused on how to make the vest stay closed. I figured buttons.. but what about the weird diamonds?

SilverWind
10-15-2007, 04:47 AM
Make hidden buttons (be it the clip-together kind, or the actual buttoning...button kind) on the inside of the top layer to connect to the bottom layer. The diamond shaped 'buttons' will be just for show (unless you really do want to cut ginormous holes in the vest).

KaZzu
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
hay guiz

Wait....you were the anon that made those vectors for us? A very belated thank you. Im just now starting to lurk these forums, haha.

Varnani
10-15-2007, 04:24 PM
So, I ended up failing miserably with the actual cutout pattern, so I bought myself an already made vest and took the pattern from that. XD; I'm working on the proto-type now and I keep having trouble with the armpit part. >_< They keep sticking out.

Also, I'm confused on how to make the vest stay closed. I figured buttons.. but what about the weird diamonds?

If your machine does button holes, you can actually make them into buttons. I did that, and though my machine isn't the greatest at making buttonholes, they ended up looking pretty good! ^_^ My buttonhole foot has a spring mechanism that goes back when its sewing the buttonhole, so I opened the part that holds the button as far as it could go, then when the lever almost touched the part that would make it spring back, I lifted the foot and let it go farther.
(So confusing...but maybe not if you've done buttonholes before.)

As for the armpit sticking out issue, if you take it in an inch or two it should lie flatter. (If you've lined it, you need to take in both the lining and the actual fabric in the same amount.) I had to do that to mine, too.

I made my diamond buttons out of Sculpty. I stuck two small metal rings in the top and bottom of the wrong side, pushed a little sculpty over the middle and baked them in the oven. After that, I painted them and then you can sew them down onto the vest. If you don't do buttonholes, put them on the side that they should be on, and put snaps on the opposite side and behind the diamonds. (You should probably actually do the snaps before attaching the diamonds.)

Cyanide Codon
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
The Edgeworth costume is about 40% done, but the sewing will be the faster part (what's slowed me down has been learning about patterns... bah on the lot of them, I say). It should be done in time... god, I hope nothing comes up and slaps me in the face and necessarily pulls my attention away from it.

Also, I decided to make a little Miles doll to go with it, because I can't wear my outfit at work this year. So I shall just sit the doll on my register instead, and point to it as what I should have been in.

Though, while going through an image folder looking for a picture for how many buttons his vest should have, I ran across the shoops of Wright and Edgeworth riding on Seakings and Slowpokes like demented cavalrymen, and now it has also become my burningly all-consuming mission to find (or make) some kind of Slowpoke plushie to pose the doll on top of as well. I'm fairly sure nobody who shops at my store visits 4chan, but at least it will give me a well-deserved giggle, since I have to work Halloween morning.

Also, DOES NOBODY IN THIS CITY CUT WIGS!? Bah. I'll have to do it myself, I suppose. I hope it's not too horrible when I'm done.

Varnani
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
...is that where NinjAttorney and KaZzu's fish riding comes from? >_>; While it still doesn't make sense, at least it's funny.

In other news, the remade Ziska vest is coming along great, I just need to add the gold trim and it'll be finished.

Cyanide Codon
10-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Umm, if I remember correctly, they took pictures of themselves riding fish first, and then shoops came after in a mess of late-night silliness.

Anyway, hooray redone vests! I hope there'll be pictures sometime. :D

Also, what is that in your avatar now?

Flamey
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Pleeeeeeease go to Youmacon. =3
I'll be there as Minuki.

Is anyone else here planning to go to Anime North 2008? We're planning a pretty large photoshoot, and the person who runs Court Records will probably be there cosplaying Apollo Justice.

Likewise, I'll probably bring Minuki with me to AN08 as well. I'm also looking into cosplaying as Ema Skye.

LCDextrose
10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Likewise, I'll probably bring Minuki with me to AN08 as well. I'm also looking into cosplaying as Ema Skye I'll be doing Ema Skye too for AN08.

X3 I just have to hunt for some sunglasses then I'm all set ^_^ finaly finished the vest yesterday :x *happy dance*

Varnani
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Umm, if I remember correctly, they took pictures of themselves riding fish first, and then shoops came after in a mess of late-night silliness.

Anyway, hooray redone vests! I hope there'll be pictures sometime. :D

Also, what is that in your avatar now?

Viral from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Not related to fish riding or lawyers, sadly. :P

I would post pictures of the redone vest buuut...I didn't put the gold trim on it yet. *fail*

Cyanide Codon
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Perhaps not. But Viral is still fabulously awesome, and so, hooray for that!

Whee, I accidentally somehow trained my wig without heat. Apparently, using tons of hairspray, deciding that it looks wrong, and trying to wash it out but not getting all the hairspray stuff out on the first go, then deciding to say 'to hell with it' and continue brushing it into a style while it dries gets it pretty much into the way you want it.

I'm mildly amused.

Varnani
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm wondering if you're going to be done by Halloween? XD
Do you have any pictures of the wig? I'm curious to see the beast that hairspray tamed.

xXKujaXx
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Arghhh T&T being delayed is annoying me >_>;;

Anywho, working on Dick Gumshoe. I just need a red tie now XP

I'm soooooo cosplaying Maximillion Galactica when I get back in shape

Varnani
10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Haha, I got it on Friday. 8D Beat the first case, too. Working on the second.

ldsfnajdsf Mask DeMasque is just too cute!

starlet_flower
10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
i got the game on the 24th, almost done with it. gotta agree with you on Mask DeMasque, Audhulma.

anyways, due to the many interesting characters in Trials and Tribulations, i'll be making a Viola Cadaverini costume next.

Cyanide Codon
10-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Hooray! Almost done. All I have to do now is sew on the vest buttons and remake the cravat-jabot-manscarf-thing (the first one wasn't frilly enough). <3

And, there will be pictures, yes. Relatively soonish. Probably within the next week and a half.

The wig works fairly well still, yes. I'm just mad at my cat; he got into the pantry where I was keeping it on the dummy head and chewed up the lower half of some of the bangs... so I had to trim them much shorter than they were, and now I'm sad because it's no longer QUITE as excellent as it should be. But it's still okay for Halloween at least, and I can always buy another and get it redone for future, proper wearings.

We did a test run with the whole outfit (sans buttons and with less-frilly jabot) at Sea World recently during their Howl-O-Scream... my own dad didn't recognize me, one worker mistook me for a young man, and three or four tourists mistook me for one of the well-costumed Sea World workers and asked where things were. Hoho.

And oh my god, yes, I want to do a MaskDeMasque. I think I'll wait on that one for a while, though. o.o

TWO DAYS AND COUNTIIIIIING

Jonesey
10-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I've been alooking through this thread with one question going round and round my head. I'm also making an Edgeworth cosplay (for MinamiCon 14) and I need to find a wig! I'm not very experienced when it comes to wigs.. eheh... *stares at massacred Riku wig* So have you guys got any recommendations? Maybe ones where they're relatively easy to style? :3

Robo Jing
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I really want to get a Franziska done sometime, probably as a side cosplay for a convention

I crossplay to much ;_; lol, I need to be more female characters

Cyanide Codon
11-02-2007, 09:56 AM
But the female characters' clothes are so much less fun. *pout*

xXKujaXx
11-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I Still haven't found a copy of Trials and Tribulations XD On the other hand I found a copy of Ace Attorney so I'll be happy for a while X3 I Played JFA first.

Why is it so hard to find a plain red tie? I can't seem to find one anywhere for Dick Gumshoe.

Varnani
11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I found a red tie for Light Yagami at a Salvation Army...have you tried there? Also there's eBay and department store sites.

Cyan Bloodbane
11-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Heya peeps!

I've been collecting parts for my Godot costume, which is somewhat of an ironic costume to me, since I work at a Starbucks. heh

Anyhoo, the visor has me majorly stumped :confused: anyone have any methods or ideas as of to what sort of materials to use?

Miss Meru
11-03-2007, 12:26 AM
I plan to make Trucy/Minuki and Apollo/Housuke for me and my fiance! ^_^ Hopefully for AWA~

starlet_flower
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
a plain dark brown dress is harder to find than i thought...i'll just probably end up making a brown dress for my Viola Cadaverini costume. gah, so many ideas...and practically no time at all!!!

Archelon
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=83420&member=7777 I finally was able to take some good pics of my Phoenix costume that I premiered at Otakon this past summer, for anyone who might be interested. The wig was styled and provided by Terumi.

Varnani
11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Heya peeps!

I've been collecting parts for my Godot costume, which is somewhat of an ironic costume to me, since I work at a Starbucks. heh

Anyhoo, the visor has me majorly stumped :confused: anyone have any methods or ideas as of to what sort of materials to use?

O hay come to AX I'll give you coffee >_> *wants a Godot* We got a few last year but who knows if we will this year.

For the visor, craft foam? It's sorta lame...but you could try the plastic from soda bottles, too. When you cut it, though, it's reaaally inclined to curve. (That could be bad or good, depending on if you want it to curve around your face)
I remember seeing red, see-through, lightweight plastic around at Christmas, like the stuff you'd stick in giftbags...that could work for the red on the visor.
(Though really it should be electronic and able to smoke. XD; But no one really expects that.)

Cyanide Codon
11-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Well. I don't have time to sit here and re-link to every single image, like I did elsewhere, but I did promise pictures. Mind you, the only one with the wig the way it was supposed to be is the one of it on the dummy head; after Catbeast ate part of it, I had to chop it up fairly roughly. And I'll be rebraiding the vest later, because I thought of a better way to do it so that there's none of those tiny blue gaps along the edge. But as far as it goes, this is sort of a beta version, I guess, and can be mildly forgiven.

And in case anyone is wondering, the images are poor quality because the disposable camera was not a very good one at all, and it also had the habit of screwing up the film or something--most of the shots came out without heads and with orange lines and big black bars at the bottom.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=95310&member=84668

Hooray.

<3.

starlet_flower
11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
wow! damn good Edgeworth! i should be getting pics of my Viola Cadaverini and Adrian Andrews costumes up soon. well, what i completed of them, anyway.

Cyanide Codon
11-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Thank you!

And, oo, Viola! And Adrian? I can't wait to see--they're such fun.

Varnani
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Cyanide Codon- I know I mentioned it in one of the comments I left on your costume, but I absolutely adore the fabric you chose for Pirate Edgey. Great job! ^^

Cyanide Codon
11-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Hoorah! Thank you! :D

(I went absolutely bananas trying to find stuff that would fit what I could see in my head--I'm glad y'all think the combinations turned out well!)

*victory dance*

A19Riku
11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
ummm so ya im planning on doing hobo phoenix sometime possibly next year and well the costume is pretty easy but the problem im having is the fact that im not the tallest person and in that costume he wears sandles thus i can't just wear boots to be taller. So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i could do to appear taller. I doubt there is any way so my plan currently is to get some and just pose by sitting in it or just sitting in general so that way height is not an issue when im with the rest of our group
but anywho i just thought i would see what people think so thanks ahead of time for any input i can get

Ali-kun
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
ummm so ya im planning on doing hobo phoenix sometime possibly next year and well the costume is pretty easy but the problem im having is the fact that im not the tallest person and in that costume he wears sandles thus i can't just wear boots to be taller. So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i could do to appear taller. I doubt there is any way so my plan currently is to get some and just pose by sitting in it or just sitting in general so that way height is not an issue when im with the rest of our group
but anywho i just thought i would see what people think so thanks ahead of time for any input i can get

I honestly prefer to see someone who's shorter than a character just living with their shortness and doing accurate footwear...I've seen cosplay groups that look totally awesome in photos taken from the waist up, but if you do a full-body shot they just look silly because half of them are wearing those huge 6" platform shoes! If you're worried about everyone being taller than you in pictures, maybe you and your group can come up with some poses that minimize the height of everyone else a bit?

SooYeonYi
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
I really love the game, and I'm probably doing:

Ema Skye- Phoenix Wright,
Kristoph Gavin- GS4,
or
Minuki-GS4 Haven't decided yet. Arrghh! Showed spoilers! >.<

Fumei
11-14-2007, 12:59 AM
AUGH now that school isn't killing me for a few minutes, I get to chat about PW: T&T!

I did Franziska last year, and I'm dragging my boyfriend as Phoenix. XD Yay! If all works out well, I'll have an entire mini Fey army! (Mia, Maya and Pearl!)

I just don't know whetehr I want to do Franny this year as I'm starting to love Iris. (And yes, I love both PhoenixFran and Iris x Phoenix) XD

Cyanide Codon
11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I second the person who said just to stay at your own height.

I'm nearly a foot shorter than Edgeworth, but I guarantee you that trying to compensate for that somehow would just make me look ridiculous. The only thing I can do is try to balance out how big the clothes have to be to hide as much girlshape as they can to how thin they have to be to make me look taller, and hope for the best.

Varnani
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Height- not important.

I'm 6' easy with the heels I have for Franziska.

She is supposed to be 5'4.

It bothers me a tiny bit, but heck, what can you do? It's not like I'm gonna trade femurs with someone shorter than me.
Don't worry about it. If it bothers you too much, then recruit shorter people to walk around with you so you appear taller. XDDD

Cyanide Codon
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
I wonder if there's any money to be made in starting an interchangeable femurs business for the cosplay crowd. I imagine the surgery costs would be prohibitive, though.

(...That said, god, I wish I was that tall. I'm going to be the tiniest Kimahri EVAR.)

starlet_flower
11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
height doesn't matter. the characters i'm doing are either shorter than me, or taller than me. what matters is the costume, right?

Varnani
11-18-2007, 12:26 AM
As long as your construction is solid, I think so. :D

ph1shf00d
11-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Adding to the list of people who just got into Phoenix Wright XD

Working on a young Phoenix for a local convention right now. ^^ The masquerade's gonna be PW-themed! YEAAAAY!

Aside from that, I'm thinking about doing a Maya Fey for Anime Boston next year. Just one question- what are her "under robe" sleeves like? When she raises her arm, you can't really see sleeves inside her purple robe sleeves, so I was wondering how people did theirs. No sleeves? Short sleeves?

Thanks in advance!

starlet_flower
11-23-2007, 11:44 PM
i think short sleeves makes more sense. that's how i'm doing my Maya costume at least.

gah...maybe i should just work on one costume at a time. already doing Viola and Adrian also...

xXKujaXx
11-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Hooray :D Finally found a plain red tie for Gumshoe. I think I have everything now. Now I just need to get a wig @_@;; It feels weird getting a wig for short brown hair when I have short brown hair XD

HikariChino
11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I just finished playing GS3, and I soooo want to cosplay in my next Acen ('08 I hope) as Chinami/Dahlia. Dressing as her would be fun! ^^

ph1shf00d
12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Does anyone have any idea where to get one of those face mask thingies? I'm doing a Young Phoenix cosplay for this weekend's convention and I have no idea where to start looking for one.

KnuxieChan
12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Okay, I need help with Franny's puffy sleeves. .. How the heck do I make them? I've figured out the lower part, but I'm stuck and can't work on anything else until I finish the shirt. D=

Saxinthehall
12-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Does anyone have any idea where to get one of those face mask thingies? I'm doing a Young Phoenix cosplay for this weekend's convention and I have no idea where to start looking for one.

Try looking in drug stores. I think I've seen something like what he has there.

xXKujaXx
12-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Oh dear >_> Shame on me...why oh why am I thinking I need to cosplay the Steel Samurai 0_<

I particularly want to do it in the style of This Picture (http://www.court-records.net/arts/OA%20-%20powers.gif)

It seems like a good idea now but it's going to be such a pain XD

Varnani
12-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Okay, I need help with Franny's puffy sleeves. .. How the heck do I make them? I've figured out the lower part, but I'm stuck and can't work on anything else until I finish the shirt. D=

http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=4136

Here you go. Just use the sleeves off this one and do what you need to do sleevewise. :D

mirrorsaber
12-07-2007, 11:27 PM

SailorKnightWing just used a Wizard of Oz Glinda the Good Witch sleeve pattern for hers and modified it.

As far a height goes, I'm 5'9 and most people don't realize that.

Oh and here is my Phoenix Wright. *ignore crappy wig, I'm restyling it for Ohayocon*
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1332967

ph1shf00d
12-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Uguuu~ Phoenix's hair is so hard to style~ ;_;

Any tips? I'm using Got2B hairspray and Garnier hair wax...stuff...

Cora
12-08-2007, 05:35 PM

I'd say lose the hairwax and get some of the Got2B glue in addition to the hairspray. The spray is great when you need things to be not so weighted down, but Phoenix has very thick spikes that go straight back, so I think in this case the glue would work better.

Also what you could do is try styling the wig so that the spikes are pointed toward the floor (especially when they dry), that way gravity is working with you, and not against you ^_^

KnuxieChan
12-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I usually use the hairspray (Mine isn't Got2Bglued, but it works just the same) and if you blow dry the wig a little, it should help it harden into the way you want it to.

I need to run up to Joanns and see if they have that pattern for the sleeves.

Ali-kun
12-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Seconded and thirded on the combination of glue, hairspray and hairdryer. You don't want to blow too hard because you'll blow your spikes out of shape, but it helps dry everything faster so you're not stuck sitting there holding spikes in shape for such a long time X3

http://kirakira.org/cosplay/edgeworth/milesnickwigs.jpg - a bit hard to tell because it's black-on-black, but you know how he's got the two big spikes that start from the forehead and back? I sewed pieces of foam covered in leftover wig wefts (that wig is made of two wigs combined, a new one we got just for Phoenix and an old one from a costume I'd already retired anyway) onto the proper locations and then combed/sprayed/glued the rest of the hair over them to hide the 'other'-ness, which was a lot easier than trying to give the wig all that body for those spikes!

(maybe it's a little easier to see what I'm talking about in http://kirakira.org/cosplay/07akon/pwshoot/PsycheLock.jpg I dunno)

If I did it over again, I'd make sure the spikes were more STRAIGHT BACK and less CURVED XD when I'm fiddling around with how particular locks of hair are sitting relative to each other, I tend to lose the forest for the trees, hehe.

SailorKnight
12-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh yeah, here's my finished Franziska costume. I need to redo the buttons, I used store-bought acrylic jewels and they're much to small. Took a Wizard of Oz pattern and used the Wicked Witch pattern, just didn't attach the skirt. I'd suggest lengthening the bottom of the bodice because it didn't even reach my navel.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1289628

ph1shf00d
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh man, sorry for all the people that gave me wig advise... I guess I shoulda clarified, but I was talking about styling my real hair, not a wig XD The funny thing is, though, I still followed the tips you guys gave me, and the hair turned out pretty decent. So thank you so much for your time and advice! ^^

The con was yesterday. I think I have a pic or two up in my gallery...Didn't get a chance to take many pics, though. XD Just took a few quick shots at home, and at the con, I was too busy at my artist's table to take pictures. ><

KnuxieChan
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Man, I'm so jealous of you Frannies and your amazing costume making skills. XD I'm gonna head out to JoAnns and hopefully pick up the Oz pattern tomorrow.

Now for another dumb question!

Where the heck do you find a whip like her's? I have an uber cheap black one.. and I really don't want to use it. ._. Or is there some easy way to make it?

And what should I make the little teal square jewelry out of?

ph1shf00d
12-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, her whip is orange...I dunno where they sell whips, though XD Maybe you could use some jumprope? If you can find some old traditional ones with those round, wooden handles, you might be able to fix that into a whip. Or somehow find some sort of longish orangish string/rope/leather/whatever and something like a wooden rolling pin handle and stick the rope into that. Some of the whip comes out at the end of the handle, so I'm thinking you could drill a hole all the way through the wooden handle (not too big, though) and poke the lash through that, tie a knot, and string it through, if that makes sense.

Idunnolol. There might be something wrong with that, though. Just a few ideas to get you started.

For the teal jewelry, you could try finding large buttons in that shape (unlikely XD) or maybe make them out of polymer clay. When you make it with clay, it'll probably end up a bit lumpy, but you can sand it afterwards, paint them with acrylics, and then paint on Sculpey glaze.

mirrorsaber
12-11-2007, 10:51 AM

I restyled the wig recently into spikes and what I did was separate them into 4 spikes on each side being held by elastic, held it upside down and sprayed it with megahold hairspray. Let it dry, took the elastic off, sprayed it once more and it worked.

I'll post pics of my newly styled wig later.

Ali-kun
12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Most Franziska cosplayers I've seen have gone with a black whip because they're pretty easy to find (mine got hers in a local vintage shop, be careful if you want to find one online because of the sorts of websites your search will bring up ;P)

But if you do the orange-rust color, more power to ya!

Polymer clay is probably the easiest/cheapest option for buttons (seeing as how you can't actually find real buttons like that, and they have to be button covers anyway because a buttonhole big enough to go over it would be ridiculous XD)

If you get something flat to press down on top with and use a knife to cut the shapes, you won't have too much need to sand it (maybe to smooth out parts you would have had to touch up manually, like curved corners)

PepeluTivursky
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
I've manage to get my friends interested in Phoenix Wright as well, which is resulting in a trifecta for our next convention of Miles, Phoenix and Maya.
My only problem now is deciding on hair. I have another costume (Enma Ai) that I'm plotting on rewearing as well that I do have a wig for but her hair is quite close to Maya's. And my own hair is a little bit above shoulder length now as-is, plus I keep dying it black, so I'm plotting on just using my regular hair and fighting the urge to crop it all off like I normally do.

starlet_flower
12-12-2007, 01:26 PM
i just made the bandages for my Viola costume the other day. i'm really happy with how it turned out. i'll try to post some pics later.

KnuxieChan
12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
... I am TOTALLY lost on how the heck to read the pattern for Fran's sleeves. D= Like, I understand it a little.. but I don't know how to sew it up. .. God, I fail.

Beatrix Lolita
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Hello, can someone help me with a link or some advice please? I am planning to go to a convention as Miles Edgeworth and need to find or make a cravat.

Beatrix Lolita
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I second the person who said just to stay at your own height.

I'm nearly a foot shorter than Edgeworth, but I guarantee you that trying to compensate for that somehow would just make me look ridiculous. The only thing I can do is try to balance out how big the clothes have to be to hide as much girlshape as they can to how thin they have to be to make me look taller, and hope for the best.

I'm 5 foot tall, a UK 20, I have a 36DD bust and long black hair, green eyes and wear glasses. And i'm cosplaying Edgeworth.

I'm not ashamed of my height or weight, besides, hopefully, the fat will look like muscle when i get into the outfit.

That, and my Phoenix is 5'8 (he is my BF)...so...odd pairing

Gwiffen
12-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a GS4 Ema purse? The purse and the belt have been giving me the most trouble of all. I'm probably just going to have to make the purse from scratch, but I have no experience with bags and very little experience with sewing.

howler
12-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a solid white dome umbrella for a Dahlia cosplay?

Something like this: www.thinkwedding.com/images/60inClearDome.jpg

I have been searching for weeks and I can't find any solid white ones. All of them are clear or have pictures on them (children's umbrellas)... beginning to wonder if they even exist. :o

precious
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Beatrix: To make a cravat, try taking a piece of cloth and folding it like this: \/\/\/\/\/\ Then just hand sew the top of it to keep the folds, and the bottom should get the wavy effect. Make a couple of these of different lengths to do the layering that Edgie has.

Howler: I'm not sure where to buy one, but could you spray paint the clear one white?

Amerikaijin
12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
If you're looking for a less cartoony cravat Take a finished piece of cloth and run a look gathering stitch through the top and pull one end until it's nice and floofy then tie it off. Then layer a few of these with different lengths. We just did an Empire period play at school and had to make a bunch of these.

Beatrix Lolita
01-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a solid white dome umbrella for a Dahlia cosplay?

Something like this: www.thinkwedding.com/images/60inClearDome.jpg

I have been searching for weeks and I can't find any solid white ones. All of them are clear or have pictures on them (children's umbrellas)... beginning to wonder if they even exist. :o

Try Ebay. Its the average lace parasol. :)

gaaraxtsuki
01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
One day I'll do an Ema cosplay. Or perhaps an Edgey (its my dream cosplay for this series, you could say)

funee bunee
01-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Hey everyone :3, I just picked up Phoenix Wright a week ago and I'm already completely obsessed xD. Anyway, I've decided I want to put together an Edgeworth costume for any con I might be able to go to in the future (definitely Otakon, but that's a long way off >~<). I was wondering if any of you veteran (or not xD) Edgey cosplayers could give me some tips on where I could buy the stuff for the costume, any tips at all would be awesome (I'm pretty new to cosplaying, so help is much appreciated).

KaZzu
01-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey everyone :3, I just picked up Phoenix Wright a week ago and I'm already completely obsessed xD. Anyway, I've decided I want to put together an Edgeworth costume for any con I might be able to go to in the future (definitely Otakon, but that's a long way off >~<). I was wondering if any of you veteran (or not xD) Edgey cosplayers could give me some tips on where I could buy the stuff for the costume, any tips at all would be awesome (I'm pretty new to cosplaying, so help is much appreciated).

Goodwill.

It sounds like cheating but it takes a while to hunt down the perfect suit.

funee bunee
01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Nah, it sounds like a good idea ^^
Your costumes kick arse, by the way. Awesome photo gallery :3

starlet_flower
01-05-2008, 10:18 PM
finally done remaking my Viola costume. unfortunately, i had to use things i found from thrift shops for this, as i screwed up my original Viola costume.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1369794

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1369795

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1369796

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1369797

what do you guys think?

Bealzabub
01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Okay... my friend and I have decided to do Edgeworth and Wright for SacAnime August... Any tips for wigs?

KaZzu
01-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Godot wig get.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1382165

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1382166

The visor is *almost* done; it needs a piece so you cant see my eyes. Im pretty happy with the wig :D

Atreyu
01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Sick job on the visor man.

Atreyu
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you guys think people will know who I am if I go as Diego and not Godot? this questions been bugging for a few weeks now.

Kiero1125
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
If you do a good enough job, people should be able to recognize you.

Also, a plain white mug with coffee could be a useful prop in this situation.

Gwiffen
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Godot wig get.
Oh man, I love your cosplays. <3

Atreyu: Diego may be a bit harder to pull off than Godot since he doesn't have as many recognizable "features" (e.g. Godot's visor and white hair). But, if you manage to assemble his outfit and carry around a coffee mug, about 90% of people who would recognize you as Godot would recognize you as Diego. If you wander around with a PW group then you'll definitely be recognized.

KaZzu
01-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Oh man, I love your cosplays. <3

Thanks ^^ They're alot of fun

If you're planning on going alone as Diego I think only the hardcore PW fans would recognize you. But if you run around in a PW group, I think you'll get noticed pretty easily if you do a pretty accurate job. Coffee cup is a must

WilwarinAndamar
01-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Mia Fey is on my cosplay list for this year. If I go to Anime Iowa, I'll go as her, but it'll definately be done for Anime NebrasKon.

DarkFujin
01-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I would definitely recognize someone cosplaying Diego, but I'm one of the "hardcore Phoenix Wright fans" that KaZzu was talking about. You would just have to do a really good job with the outfit and especially the wig, otherwise people probably won't recognize you. And as everyone else has said, definitely have a white coffee mug.

I have a similar situation with people recognizing me. I'm planning a Mask DeMasque costume, but I'm not sure if anyone would recognize me. I'm going to do it either way, but do you think very many people would recognize me?

KaZzu
01-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I would definitely recognize someone cosplaying Diego, but I'm one of the "hardcore Phoenix Wright fans" that KaZzu was talking about. You would just have to do a really good job with the outfit and especially the wig, otherwise people probably won't recognize you. And as everyone else has said, definitely have a white coffee mug.

I have a similar situation with people recognizing me. I'm planning a Mask DeMasque costume, but I'm not sure if anyone would recognize me. I'm going to do it either way, but do you think very many people would recognize me?

Probably only hardcore fans again, but Im sure you'll get lots of attention since Mask*DeMasque stands out quite a bit. Doesnt stop it from being a great cosplay :D

Blanko
01-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I want to cosplay Lotta Hart only because it's simple and I want to take pictures of the Phoenix Wright group at AnimeBoston... if there is gonna be one :>

Ali-kun
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
It's quite possible that only the hardcore fans would recognize a Masque*DeMasque cosplayer. However, the correspondingly higher level of appreciation you would get from those hardcore fans, and the joy you yourself would get from the experience as a hardcore fan, is worth the effort :D If you were at one of my cons I'd be all over you like chocolate sauce on ice cream! With my camera, I mean. Not like...a pervy-touching sort of thing.

(that's how I felt about Max Galactica, anyway...well, and I gotta admit gleaning some enjoyment from the 'are you male or female?' questions as well ^^)

xetch
01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey, for making the suits, what would you guys suggest as the best material? Also, where should I go about buying it? Help would be much appreciated!

Cora
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey, for making the suits, what would you guys suggest as the best material? Also, where should I go about buying it? Help would be much appreciated!

Suiting XD That's what it's used for. Just go to your local fabric store and ask about materials for making a suit. They should be able to help you out ^_^

Grey Finch
01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Hello! 8D I'd like to join the thread if that's okay~

I love Phoenix Wright, and just can't get enough of it! So that means I love cosplaying it too =u= it's so fun~ I did young Phoenix and Ron DeLite from PW3 and now I'm thinking of working on something else too!

I actually really want to cosplay Richard Wellington, but I'm afraid people might not know who I am if I do. D:

starlet_flower
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
well, i'm about to start on another Ace Attourney cosplay. this time, it's a crossplay, actually. i'll be doing Kyouya Garyuu/Klavier Gavin. i have most of the materials and clothing items for the costume, but i do have a few questions. which would be best for his pants: black denim jeans, black slacks, or black pleather pants? and since i have almost no knowledge on wig styling, how would you style a wig to look like his "drill" hair? any tips would be helpful!

mirrorsaber
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM
well, i'm about to start on another Ace Attourney cosplay. this time, it's a crossplay, actually. i'll be doing Kyouya Garyuu/Klavier Gavin. i have most of the materials and clothing items for the costume, but i do have a few questions. which would be best for his pants: black denim jeans, black slacks, or black pleather pants? and since i have almost no knowledge on wig styling, how would you style a wig to look like his "drill" hair? any tips would be helpful!

Since he is a rockstar, I suggest pleather/vinyl. But you could probably buy the pants if you search hard enough. I think I saw another Gavin cosplayer do that.

ph1shf00d
01-26-2008, 02:42 PM

His drill hair looks really...sculpted, I guess you could say, so I'm guessing you could use either wax (I heard some hair waxes also work on wigs, but you'll want to research a lot to make sure) or a lot of hair spray to make the hair kinda squishy/wet. Then you could twist it into a drill shape and then solidify it with a hair dryer.

Good luck! Can't wait to see some more GS4 cosplay ^^ I'm definitely gonna miss the old cast (EDGEY ;_; ) but I really like the designs for the new characters too, so I'm excited to see more cosplay of that.

starlet_flower
01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
gosh, i hear ya on the old cast, ESPECIALLY Edgey. i heard there's gonna be references to Maya though...

anyways, thanks for the tips, guys!

Ty_Teddy
02-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm actually going to Megacon this March as hobo!Phoenix. I'm actually sort of wondering with the game being so new that I won't be that recognized. Ah well, it'll be fun to walk around as a hobo. ^_^

SooYeonYi
02-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I changie my mindie xD
I'm working on Ema Skye (GS4) right now! got the bag and the glasses! :)
I kinda canceled Minuki because I have no idea how to use fabric paint ;__;

I really want to do Cody Hackins (PW:AA Case 3) but I'm too tall :o
I always wanted to cosplay as a kid xD

Gwiffen
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
You got the bag? Did you buy it or did you make it? I'm also doing GS4 Ema, and have everything pretty much done save for a few touch ups here and there, but the bag's been most troubling since it's rather specific. I'm having to make it myself out of leather vinyl.

SooYeonYi
02-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, I kinda bought it -.- It's really ghetto and stuff :P
It's an american eagle bag that's red and stuff. But I will get a better bag later~
If I can't find a different one, then I have to make it :P

In my opinion. you should buy a bag that's pretty similar to ema's and dye it? I'm a newbie so yeah :p

SiriusLoveGirl
02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I've been wanting to do a Maggey cosplay for a bit, since my friend says she wants to be Gumshoe sometime. XD Maybe I'll just be casual Maggey with her Blue Badger hoodie...

Amerikaijin
02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm doing PW1 Ema and I'm just using duct tape for the bag since it's only a one day costume. Had to special order for the right shade of pink but it'll be nice

Zerofox Kitsune
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I'd like to either attempt Phoenix himself or Edgeworth one day. That'd be really fun, especially if I made myself an OBJECTION! sign.

questionablekri
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm slowly starting on an Ema Skye (PW 1)costume. I have a friend who wanted to do a PW group/gathering and I thought it'd be fun to a part of. So far I have two of the pins done: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1405178/
and my mother's work gets lab coats like hers so I'm getting one from there. (or from the company that theirs come. supposed to be pretty cheap.)

TR Rose
02-13-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm fairly new to PW (got the first one for Xmas, finished it, and have started the second) and I knew I needed to cosplay from the awesome selection of characters. I'm looking at Franziska von Karma (maybe for A-Kon) but I'm not sure what color her hair is. Judging by what seems to be available, I'm probably going with the Wisp wig gray/silver (even though it's not side parted, it was the closest I could see on Cosworx or Amphigory), but I may check on Ebay and see if anything's better. The light blue colors are too blue, and I'm not wanting to custom dye something if I can help it.

Any other suggestions? :)

Ali-kun
02-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Rose - I don't think it would look good as a grey/silver :/ Her hair looks light blue in all the pictures. I dyed my friend's Franziska wig (http://kirakira.org/cosplay/07acen/consultagratis.jpg) as well as my own Edgeworth and it wasn't too difficult (though it tends to fade over time, both of them are a good deal lighter now than in that photo). I can help out if you want, unless you know how already and you're just annoyed at the potential for mess (...if that's the case, borrow my backyard? haha)