PDA

View Full Version : My Take : Devil May Cry 2

diqitaldreams
02-03-2003, 02:08 PM
It's an amazing game. A lot of people are putting it down but it's like a new game, all together. Dante is as hot as ever and the new playable Lucia, is sweet! The whole game derives off a pretty good storyline but Dante could speak more...because I really like his voice actor... ^^;; ..Hehe..suits the part very well. Lets go over the basics:

Gameplay

Smooth and fluid! It's utterly amazing how a year's difference can take upon a game. Dante's movements are so much more fluid and he can do a lot more "stunts" than in the previous game. From the beginning, you are provided with Air Hike and Stinger. Useful to the game's new "S" standard. He can also shoot in both directions, which totally rocks...^^;;;

Storyline

I haven't got that far into the game to know much of the storyline but all I know is that the main enemy is some guy who looks incredibly like Nobunaga Oda from Onimusha 2 but in a pink, pimp looking suit. ^^;; ... weird, ne? So far, All I can say it that, I need to get further into the game before judging the game for it's storyline.

Overall Rating

I absolutely love this game. It's like one of those things you see at the store, which makes you go GAGA all over it. ^_^;; ... Then again, it's Dante, who wouldn't? Hehehe. I feel that it's more like a roleplaying game as well. You get to level up your weapons and upgrade them into something stronger. As the story progresses, you get to gain new amulets which will help you gain new abilities for your devil mode. I give it a 4 out of 5.

Yeah, yeah. I know, I wanted to give it a 5 out of 5 but I haven't finished the game yet to FULLY feel the potential of the game! Thank you Capcom for creating Dante, I will always love you for it!! ^_^;;

DJ(SiC)ness
02-03-2003, 08:53 PM
ok i was a big fan of the first game....i mean playing it made me giddy

but im sad to say...i don't feel the same about the secound one...mainly because of one big noticable flaw

the FUCKING CAMERA!

ugggg omg it is so annouying the problim isn't that its all over the place...no no...the problim is it dosen't move...and its too far away from Dante...so he is so small...and you can't get up close to the action..its is as if your some person looking on from 50 feet away. And since the the enviroments are so big..it becomes very distracting ...also when there are several enimes on screen at the same time. Speaking of enimies the AI is horible...i once stood ther wifth 4 bad guys walking around me ...and it took 10 secounds for one to acually try to attack me. The camera hurts you alot in boss fights...like when you have to fight the helicopter. Its flying around all over the place but, becuase the camera can't move...you can't see it %95 of the time u just autolock and shoot..easy as that. Another thing is how easy boss fights are...all you have to do is go into devil mode...and fire away they will be dead within no time.

I was let down a great deal, just becuase these factors hurt the gameplay so much.

i haven't even gotten to lucias game yet!

diqitaldreams
02-04-2003, 07:12 AM
Camera Angles REALLY SUCK sometimes (if not always). When he jumps in the air, I feel that sometimes, they should change the camera angle towards the ground...that should help us see wtf is going on!! That helicopter thing was insane!!! X_X I couldn't see and all I could do was fire blind!! Meep! There were also times when the monkey boss was ticking me off. He was freakin' insane, jumping around and moving away from my view point...grr...but yes...everything was pretty good afterwards. :P

Aoshi Shinomori
02-04-2003, 01:17 PM
well i played the first one havent played the second one.. can anyone tell me what happens after he gets dragged into what i call hell in the first game? i got that far and stopped playing for a while.. then tried to play it again and like forgot how to play. i want to know what happened after that.. storyline and stuff.

diqitaldreams
02-05-2003, 09:48 AM
OMG, I got the Devil May Cry 2 STANDIN ! xD 15 bucks baby! Now, I get to stare at him whenever I feel like...MMM...

Arc_The_Lad
02-05-2003, 10:19 AM
I thought the game was totally awsome.

What I hated was the fact that one of the riviewers on videogames.com called the game a "BIG dissapointment". None the less, I was enraged and called the site, videogames.com a "BIG dissapointment"

diqitaldreams
02-05-2003, 10:32 AM
:P Those reviewers suck!! They really do! ^_^;

ling_xiaoyu2002
02-06-2003, 07:06 PM
The main reason why I liked it is because dante is soooo hot!!! I mean come on!! That white silky hair, that broad masculine face, those sexy white eyes, the way he walks and talks, and the way he looks at things.....mmmmm.....but back to the game...ummm...it was pretty good...I mean the shooting in two directions thing totally rocked...however the secret missions thing from the first one was cool.....but the difficulty adjustment is just weird...I played really good (meaning I never got hit once and never used any healing items) and the game was still a little on the easy side...I also like dante's new array of abilities that he can use to his discretion....I mean who would not love running up a wall? or being able to air hike or round trip without spending a whole ton of orbs..the RPG feel to it is kinda weird....upgrading weapons???? hmmmmm....kinda cool...but what happened to Alastor??? I loved that sword...and man only trish get's to have the sparda sword??? that sucks!!! however I like dante's new outfit over his old one!! how about you digitaldreams???

diqitaldreams
02-06-2003, 07:25 PM
I like his new one. TOTALLY. Dante is hot and gorgeous!!! ^_^ hehe I keep staring at my stand-in and yeah!! ... lets see, I thought the game was pretty easy after I played it again. It's become like a habit. I just finished the Lucia mission and it's great!!! ^_^;;; ... Lets see... I like the upgrading weapons but I dunno...sometimes it might be a disadvantage. But yea, I miss alastor... ;_; we should chat next time about Dante... that yummy bastard.

DJ(SiC)ness
02-06-2003, 07:59 PM
The reviewers are calling it a BIG dissapointment, becuase as a game and with gameplay it is....and you just can't match the first one up with the 2nd one. The 2nd one feels so rushed and thrown together...and its so easy..that even tho you can pull off kick ass moves...there really is no point. Gameplay the game sucks ass...im sorry im a HUGE fan of the first DMC and i bought this the day it came out...played it for a half an hour and was like wTF is this shit?

diqitaldreams
02-07-2003, 12:41 PM
This is why I mentioned that it should be taken as a new game all on it's own. If you compare it to the first DMC it would NEVER compare. The first one had faults too mind you. It was easier than this.. LoL...anyway, I still have yet to get an S in this game...maybe in hard mode it'll be harder for me. ^^;; .. who knows.

the source
02-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Do not get me wrong here folks because i was a HUGE fan of the first one when it came out for PS2. Part 2 however while being good is not as good as part one was. To me it is much to easy and the levels honestly suck. Another thing that i have to complain about it Dante himself. Now don't get me wrong the man is badass to no end more in part one he was a smartass about everything. In part two however it seems like he "grew up" so to speak. Overall the game is good but it could have been much, much harder.

the source
02-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Oh btw. a little piece on hard mode. When you beat normal mode in part 2 you will start hard mode with all the powerups you had before when you ended the game in normal mode. What does this mean? Hard mode is easier than normal.

diqitaldreams
02-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Yes, Actually I feel that hardmode is easier than normal! ^_^;; ..

tamahomegurl
02-10-2003, 06:55 AM
agrees with ling_xiaoyu2002...dante is very, very deliciously yummy!!! ^__^

with drooling aside, i didn't really have a problem with the camera...it's pretty damn good and the game play was about the same as the first!! it's just that i think this game's much too easy as opposed to the first one though...not as challenging...x___x;;

however, i still give it a great big freakin "DEFINITE RECOMMENDATION" on this one!!!

diqitaldreams
02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
AAH! Tamahomegurl! I love your icon! So...;.; .. beautiful...chuu... But yes... DMC2 is too easy and people should quit bashing it! >B .. graw.

tamahomegurl
02-11-2003, 03:10 AM
arigato diqitaldreams!! ^___^ your avi is wayyyy kawaii!!! *squeals* and yes....people should lay off on trash talkin dmc 2....*evil glare*.....

haru
02-11-2003, 04:48 AM
i just got my Devil may cry 2 yesterday...
lol.. really like that game,... dante is hot, my friend wanna cosplay him

diqitaldreams
02-11-2003, 06:04 AM
:P Dante inspires all.. I think only girls would like DMC 2 because there's more Dante Eye-Candy.. LoL

diqitaldreams
02-11-2003, 05:15 PM
xD Ahahaha...it's good in general though.

TheLoneWolf
02-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I haven't played the gaem.....but usually,I follow this guy's advice:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/news.php3?date=2003-01-31

diqitaldreams
02-11-2003, 06:26 PM
I thought the storyline was weaker in this one...and it wasn't half as much fun as the first one...but it's still a good game.. @_@;;

hotohori74
02-16-2003, 08:03 PM
:P Dante is sooo cool! And Lucia is okay, but I am sorry, I was absolutely appalled by it's storyline. I expected something MUCH better. The gameplay was interesting, reminicent of the first game, but... ugh! The story just kept me skipping all of the cutscenes unless I wanted to stare at Dante. ;p Still, there's something about dmc that still makes me play it. Oh well.

I admit, It was easy. I sort of slacked off playing though when all I had left was the Bloody Palace. :) Still! Dante rocks!!!! And I do wish he had said more. I too like his voice actor. Ummm... I forget his name... :p

CandyElly
02-17-2003, 11:26 AM
It was a fun game but my only complaints were..

I logged a total of 4 hours.
&
Where the hell is the story? Why do I keep fighting this big guys? Who the hell is that chic?

DJ(SiC)ness
02-17-2003, 01:30 PM
One thing i have to bring up that really REALLY pissed me off was the flying demons. Why the hell have monsters that can fly when your camera never leaves more than 10 feet of the ground, if your lucky you might be able to see there feet. Thank god for the lock on target.