PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Manga Characters that wear Hats

Cordelia LeFay
10-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I look good in hats....yet I can't think of many anime/manga characters that wear them! The only one I can think of is Azmaria from Chrno Crusaude...plus, she's too cutesy for me.

Suggestions? Anyone?

Citrakite
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Yolei, mimi, Sora (Digimon)
Bridget
Misato(Eva) It a beret but it counts.

blanking on rest.

overblood
10-17-2005, 12:44 PM
how about dark magician girl from yu gi oh

Ironekilz
10-17-2005, 01:14 PM
What about Maetel from Galaxy Express 999? Or a member of the military from Full Metal Alchemist? Are you averse to crossplaying? If not, what about Vampire hunter D?

Temperance
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Wave users from .hack// wear hats ^_^
and all main characters from Magic users club.
oh! and Sai from Hikaru No Go wears an imperial noble's hat.
And the president from Kujibuki Unbalance (a manga they read in Genshiken) wears a hat and goggles.

Then there are some good ole Miyazaki titles... Laputa castle in the sky and Princess mononoke have an assortment of hats.

Yay hats!

ChibiTifa05
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Risky from Risky Safety wears a hat. Chocolate from Sorceror Hunters wears one too. ^^

Gwydion
10-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Izumi/Zoe - Digimon Frontier
Nico Robin/Miss All Sunday - One Piece
Karin - Bleach
Kirara - Samurai 7 (not sure if I'd call the normal thing she wears on her head a hat, but she does wear an actual hat in some of the first episodes)
Honoka - Samurai 7
Natarle Badgiruel - Gundam Seed
Murrue Ramius - Gundam Seed
Talia Gladys - Gundam Seed Destiny
Meyrin Hawke - Gundam Seed Destiny
Marimeia Khushrenada - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Some may be young, but they don't have the "cutesy" feel that Azmaria does. And I stuck with all females since you didn't specify if crossplay was an option. Military uniforms usually have some form of a hat, so anime with that element in it may be a good place to look for more ideas.

Kyuriko
10-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Seigaku Tennis Team - The Prince of Tennis
Misato Katsuragi - Evangelion
Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece
Udo Jineh - Rurouni Kenshin

Wow, this makes me realize how few of characters there are with hats out there. For Prince of Tennis, their uniforms have a hat, and the uniforms are really nice. For Misato, she's got her hat with her NERV uniform, and Luffy has his straw hat. If you know any mecha or military themed anime, I'm sure you could find hats there too because the uniforms usually have them. Oh, for Jineh… he has the Asian style straw hat. Samurai anime have those quite often as well.

Cordelia LeFay
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Does Yuko from XXXholic ever wear a hat? I only have the first volume..

Chibi-kun
10-17-2005, 09:01 PM
card captor sakura XDD

almost every costume has a hat

Yunaura
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Yuuko has a hat for the fifth volume cover.

DivineSage
10-17-2005, 11:43 PM
And the president from Kujibuki Unbalance (a manga they read in Genshiken) wears a hat and goggles.

Gah! Nitpick... Thats Izumi that wears the hat and goggles. She isn't any president. I think you're thinking of the Chairman, Ritsuko. She wears a German war helmet.

Anyway, all the characters from DiGi Charat have hats. That's pretty cutesy though...

Cesario
10-18-2005, 01:35 AM
You could try Police a/or Military Uniforms.

HisuiKirei
10-18-2005, 02:48 AM
that outfit would be soooo kickass!!

i know lots of male characters that have hats.... especially Urahara from Bleach..... ^^;
uhm some not outta bleach.... Sven from Black cat, Takuto, Izumi from Full Moon , Hamel from Violinist of hamelin, etc

females.....
Flute from Violinist of Hamelin
Meroko from Full Moon o sagashite
CHacha from Basara ( its more like a small little bun thingy but it's a tiny hat ^^; ) if u did Cha Cha i would bow to you!
ocasionally Hatsumi Narita from Hot Gimmick ( but mostly Akane, her sister)

Cordelia LeFay
10-19-2005, 04:43 PM

Thanks!

Wow. O.o What a costume!

rei_hino
10-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Isabella from Paradise Kiss, George does too sometimes. Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary often is seen wearing a cop's hat. Cardcatpor Sakura usually wears cute little hats as does Li. I think that girl from No need for tenchi wears this Space Policeman hat...i forget what her name is. Meroshi or something? At that moment, that's all I remember XD

Celebrimbor
10-19-2005, 10:19 PM
You could always be one of the shrews from Victorian Romance Emma... (see attached)

And actually, if you did that, Butterick has a really cool hat pattern for the 19th century era...

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cat/10000/cat_img/B4210.jpg
http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/butterick/shop.cgi?s.item.B4210=x&TI=10013&page=4

Hanyaan
10-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Howl's Moving Castle is CHOCK FULL of hats. Sophie is a milliner, and always wears a hat. Her stepmother (either Honey or Fanny, depending on where you look for info) has the craziest hats ever. The Witch of the Waste has a big fur hat. The Prince has a hat. Howl has a hat in his disguise uniform. The blob monsters all wear hats. All the various soldiers have hats. It's positively hat-tastic!

Gankutsuou also has a few characters who wear hats at some point, notably The Count, Beppo, and Albert.

Blackjack Gabbi
10-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Ash, Ritchie, Domino, Red, and Ruby from Pokémon wear hats.

Tenebrae
10-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Boogiepop from Boogiepop Phantom wears a hat.
So does Kuon (Quon) Kisaragi from RahXephon.

EDIT: Here are some artbook scans from CCS with some hats (although the second is more of a decorative headband than a hat):
http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/misc/scans/ccs_001.jpg
http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/misc/scans/ccs_002.jpg
http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/misc/scans/ccs_003.jpg
Also, how could I possibly forget the Queen of Hats, Mama from Kodocha?? But apparently I did, so I'm adding her in now that I remembered her. ;)

-Tenebrae.

kabuki_ikenie
10-20-2005, 01:48 PM
many characters of One Piece wear hats (luffy, ace, chopper....)

naota of FLCL wears an hairband with earflaps....

many characters on studio ghibli's movies wear hats (nausicaa, marco from porco rosso, pazu, howl's moving castle chars)

tokyo godfathers' miyuki, hana-chan and gin-chan (including little baby kiyoko) wear hats...

Eleryth
10-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Does't the chick in Trigun wear a hat... a cowboy one? Dominique the cyclops?

And speaking of cowboy hats, Judy (a la Punch and Judy) from Cowboy Bebop wears a cowboy hat, too.

There's a hat for the Fullmetal Alchemist uniforms (RIza wears a helmet in the movie).

Not really a hat, but I often see characters from Twelve Kingdoms with a big square hat thing that has dangling bits... Couldn't find a proper pic quickly, but here's someone on cosplaylab with a 12 kingdoms costume with a hat...
http://www.cosplayidol.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=40942

mirrorsaber
10-20-2005, 10:05 PM
In the Adolescence of Utena movie, Utena wears a hat in her uniforn only.

In Tokyo Babylon, Subaru and Hokuto wear some outfits with various hats as well.

others
.hack//- Tsukasa, Kite, many other characters
Digicharat
All of the frog aliens from Kero no Gunzo
Tohma Seguchi-Gravitation
Super Mario (I know this is not an anime but many people do cosplay as Mario and Luigi)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi- Sashi
X/1999- Sorata
Saiyuki-Sanzo (at times)

ChibiTifa05
10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Oh, how could I forget?! Chocolate from Sorceror Hunters wears a hat. *feels ashamed cause it's one of her cosplayes for next year*

adrawer4ever
10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Kaito (Hunter x Hunter), Lain (Serial Experiement Lain), a bunch of other HxH characters (Kurapika at one point, Killua at one point, Leorio at one point, the bumble bee, etc), Tuxedo kamen (Sailor Moon), Ash (Pokemon XD), and I'm sure there are others....

Void Chameleon
11-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Urahara from Bleach

adrawer4ever
11-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Rinku from Yuu Yuu Hakusho.

Solaria
11-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Practically anyone from Trinity Blood. They all have hats (or veils).

Shounen Bat (Lil Slugger) from Paranoia Agent also wears a hat.

AnimeLotRluvr92
11-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Beyond the Grave from Gungrave, Mika gets him this cute as all heck fishing hat for him to wear. I'd post a pic if I could find one. ^_^

Cesario
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Anything involving Military Themes will have hats.

ilikeyaoi
11-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Ryuichi wears a "BAD" hate in a few episodes of Gravitation, Seguchi Touma also wears a hat. Sometimes Duo Maxwell of Gundam Wing wears a hat, too.

BeautifulSansai
11-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Most of these are probably listed but these are the ones I know. Guys included incase you want to cosplay a guy...

.hack// - Shugo, Mirrielle, and Hotaru

Digimon - TK, Yolie, Sora ( two diffrent versions of hats), Mimi (several hats depending on season and outfit), Kazu (visor), all main characters in season four except JB, Bearmon

God Child - Cain

Sailor Moon - Rei wore one a few times, Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon wore one in their cute lantern picture, Tuxedo Mask

Ur... That's all I can think of X.x;; I know there are more.

adrawer4ever
11-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Bikky from FAKE wears a "FAKE" hat. :3

kojirojames2004
06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Dare I add Ash from Pokemon?

AnimeLotRluvr92
06-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Edward Elric, Roy Mustang and some other dude from FullMetal Alchemist wear some sort of hat at some point or another.

Quent Yaiden and Hubb Lebowski from Wolf's Rain wear hats.

Ash from Pokemon........aaaaaaannnnddd uuuuhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm *brain goes blank*

later....lol I have to think. XD :reverse:

unagi
06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Viluy from Sailor Moon

http://www.soul-hunter.com/sailormoon/images/c_viluy.jpg

PrettyKittyMulu
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
The girls from Azumanga Daioh wear hats with their cafe uniforms.

_YukiShu_
06-09-2006, 01:21 AM
I was gonna say Duo, Ryuichi and Bikky heh
Can't think of anyone else

CuteButDeadly
12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
There's a character in some Clamp anime that has an awsome hat. Altough I don't know which clamp work it was. It had floating cars in it, that's about all I remember. But if anyone else knows what i'm talking about please tell me what it is, becuase I wanna cosplay that character.

Also Kyon wears a hat in episode 11 of Haruhi.

Sakuraally
12-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I know!! There is Naruto in sleeping outfit with his sleeping cap/hat and all u need are the color PJ's that Naruto has and buy his sleeping cap/hat ;)

Sakuraally
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
and u could do Itachi with his straw hat or 1 of the Akaski with a straw hat

Vicksta
12-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Reborn's 10 year later version from Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
Simca and Sora from Air Gear

pikachulover306
12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
One Piece - Robin, Luffy, Ussop, Zoro (If you count the bandanna), Shanks, Buggy, Alvida, Chopper, Lucci, Kaku. There are so many I can't name them all.