PDA

View Full Version : Bleach stuffed animal costume

Babi_Drache
10-17-2005, 08:11 PM
http://idata.over-blog.com/0/08/91/54/image/kon.jpg

How would I go about making a costume like this? The person wearing it is 5'8" She says she wants the "full fluffy version". Preferrably something with a removable head. Thanks for any help

sylus
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
i cant be too much help but i would say use wire for framing and fraim it to her body also add little loops so that she can string a belt around the inside to keep it around her waist, hopefully this will give u some help.

Eleryth
10-18-2005, 10:20 PM
...woah, deja vu. Maybe my compy glitched, but I thought I posted on this topic already.

Try www.fursuit.org. It's a website for furry costumers, but the basics should be the same and can probably give advice, especially regarding the head.

janmurphy
10-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Id say, furnature foam, about 2 inches thick, cut to pattern, with fleece cut to the same pattern. The foam under the fleece makes it so that it wont sag and even puffs out a bit for that stuffed look. To keep the foam in shape, bands of thin plastic about 2inches wide is good. I made several design sketchs of this costume this year. I can scan it for you if you want. PM me.

Babi_Drache
10-19-2005, 09:57 AM
sylus: yeah, that's pretty much the same thing we were thinking about doing, i'll run your advice by her and see if that's some info she can use

Eleryth: i didn't know if this was the right place for this, so I DID post in another area of the site as well, so it might not just be you. ^_^ awesome link, i will definatly check that out.

janmurphy: well, if you've used it before, it must work pretty good, but doesn't all that foam get hot??? anyway, thanks, and i will probably contact you again as soon as i hear back from my friend.

thanks a million everyone!!!! you guys are awesome!!! :jjacks:

Lynx
10-21-2005, 12:24 AM
janmurphy's got a good idea there. I'd personally recommend the furniture foam for the head. Use something like Super 77 spray adhesie to stick 2-4" think pieces together to get a block. Then draw out the shape on each side and carve it down. I'd probably have the performer see out through the mouth. Just cover that area with a stocking to prevent the performer's face from being seen. I'd use stylus' idea of usring a wire frame for the bodysuit to keep it poofy without adding insulating layers of padding.