PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Contest October 29th in Springfield, VA

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Anime FX is having a cosplay contest. Come in and strut your stuff in your cosplay costume. You can cosplay as anime characters, video game characters, you name it. The event will take place October 29th at 6pm. There will be over $300 in prizes given to the winners. The grand prize is a Region Free DvD player!

It's open to the public so tell your friends! You must fill out an entry form and return it to the store. Entries won't be accepted after October 22nd. To sign up, go to http://www.animefxdvd.com/756000.html

Bagu
10-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Better late than never: :)

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=65108&page=2 (scroll down a bit)

Is the online form up yet?

Since we're getting so close to the deadline, it would be nice if something was up on the website we could fill out to avoid making a trip down to the store. If anyone in the VCS wants to fill out a form of sorts with the info the AnimeFX needs, I'll take them all down myself to the store on Saturday.

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Okie dokie I'll get on that right now. I'll reply within an hour!

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Ok. I uploaded the old form. Austell made the new one that you see in the store now. This one is still good so send it in asap. Tell your friends

Parasaurolophus
10-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm assuming its only anime/video game costumes allowed, and american costumes are excluded?
... I'm going to have to send in the form....

edit: also, while looking at the Remarks/Notes section, is that for construction notation?
Thanks.

Bagu
10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Do you have an email address people can send the information to?

From looking at the form, you need:
- Name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Character
- Remarks/Notes

Email seems to be the fastest way. Then people won'd have to look for a fax machine or run down to the store (for those of us on the other side of the beltway) ;)

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Send it to me at afxwebmaster@yahoo.com

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Sad to say but yes. Since it's an anime store, we're looking for anime themed cosplay. ^_^

Parasaurolophus
10-19-2005, 10:46 PM
ah- no problem, I do have an anime costume to submit, but my halloween costume is from the Justice League Unlimited.
Anyway, are the notes/remarks for construction notes?
thanks for the answers!

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 10:49 PM
It's for any additional info you wish to provide like "This costume was handed down from generations of the so and so family." *thinks of Berserk*

Or things like, "It'll take me five hours to get into this thing so I'm gonna arrive early."

You'll be able to change in the back room of the store. It's good to arrive early.

deanimefan
10-19-2005, 10:52 PM
The form is in pdf so just send me the info that needs to be on there like name, age, and all of that.

LaPetiteSalope
10-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Urghurgghh. I just forgot to sign up. I didn't know that there was a deadline. I thought you were to just walk into the store and participate. Are there still avaliable spaces for additional entries??

--Oh yeah. we should do a meet up at Springfield and grab something to eat. what do you say?

Bagu
10-26-2005, 12:17 PM
You could probably call the store and ask: Phone: (703) 924-3510
I went in on Saturday and signed up, but I'm just going to be wearing my costume and not entering the contest, so maybe you can take my slot.

deanimefan
10-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah try calling the store. So far I heard that only 8 ppl entered. Therefore, I'm sure they'll take more entries.

Bagu
10-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Only 8? :woah:

Hmm that drawer with all the entry sheets in it looked bigger than I thought.

Ah well should be fun anyway :)

LaPetiteSalope
10-26-2005, 11:43 PM
You could probably call the store and ask: Phone: (703) 924-3510
I went in on Saturday and signed up, but I'm just going to be wearing my costume and not entering the contest, so maybe you can take my slot.

Aww! You're not entering the contest? Why not?

Yeah, I already sent an e-mail to the owner. Only EIGHT entries?? Poo...

Well, I'll try and cosplay anyways.

Parasaurolophus
10-26-2005, 11:54 PM
I got an email from AnimeFX this evening saying that there's 10 entries. So I guess they added a few more people. Now I'm wondering... I wonder who's signed up? Cause it seems like I'm the only c.com member participating? Come and cheer for me!!!

Bagu
10-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Apparently its up to 10 now ^^

I'll still be in costume though...I'll just ask not to be judged...wearing the costume is more fun for me than winning something for it.

yes many positive thoughts for the VCS members. Represent!

aku
10-28-2005, 09:39 PM
...oh crap, I totally forgot that I had to sign up.

Oh well, I'll go in costume tomorrow anyway. It's near halloween time anyway so I at least have that as an excuse.

LaPetiteSalope
10-28-2005, 09:43 PM
wahh. I couldn't go. It was right after school and my folks woldn't let me.

Mom: "wasn't there a rape over at Springfield Mall two weeks ago??....umm....no. You're not going"

*cries* Well, does anyone know who won?

Parasaurolophus
10-28-2005, 09:49 PM
wahh. I couldn't go. It was right after school and my folks woldn't let me.

Mom: "wasn't there a rape over at Springfield Mall two weeks ago??....umm....no. You're not going"

*cries* Well, does anyone know who won?

^_^ The contest's tomorrow, so you can still come out, even if you can't compete.
Had me scared for a second... :P

Bagu
10-28-2005, 09:49 PM

Well, I'll give props to protective moms, even that is a bit extreme. Its in the daytime anyway so not like anything would happen then.
Maybe she'll change her mind tomorrow...never know..

bag0k
10-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Aah-er-um... blah. Can't make it. I've got projects up to the gills. Manymany things to finish before halloween. :/ This halloween'd better be worth it! I'm missing a lot of fun things because of it! *grumblegrumble*

aku
10-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Hmm..that was interesting.

btw, I was the Kiriyama cosplayer that wasn't in the contest. :o

Bagu
10-29-2005, 11:32 PM
you should have done it...I think they were letting people in that didn't sign up in time.

I hope that we motivated some peeps to improve their costumes if they want to enter the con contests. It was a good experience.

Lycoris
10-31-2005, 09:36 AM
Wow, entering that contest was a real strain on my nerves. Reminds me why I don't compete! But it was fun meeting all the other cosplayers and we all got free snacks so that was good. Mostly I just liked standing by the front of the store and wave to the people staring at me. ^_^ Though I probably won't compete again anytime soon.

The funny thing? The dvds I won are worth more than I spend on materials for my costume. heh.