PDA

View Full Version : Lady, Devil may cry

Kitty-armada
10-23-2005, 12:01 PM
I want to cosplay as Lady from Devil May Cry 3 but I can't find any good pics of her skirt. It looks like to me it's just a pleated mini skirt with little pocket things.
Any pics/info will be helpful. Thanx.

Imari-chan
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Her pockets are actually, attached to her belts. It's sort of like a skirt when you add the bags to a mini skirt. or plain skirt with a same pattern. I did mines with just adding the bags and then adding the fabric attached to the shorts she wears, It gave it a layer look. That's how I percieved her bottom part. You can do whatever fits you best though. Here is some photos of my lady skirt/bag.

Adding I was one of the first ones to do her. I didn't have much of other people's reference. My friend helped me with ideas and I tried to make my lady look close as possible. Adding a lot of my details and keeping her look. :p

If you need anymore help with anything with Lady's costume contact me. I constructed every bit of her costume by my own hands. Even though I retired it I still remember how I made it. :) Have fun making her costume! Hope to see photos of it soon. You can also search on other people's lady's costume. My photos aren't really to clear but yeah, I might wear it again but I'm doing her other costume at the moment. :razz:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=331655
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=330351
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=333902

Akira-Kun
10-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Awesome Lady costume! My friends and I are planning to do a DMC group and I have a question for you. What did you make Kalina Ann out of, specifically the long tube part? Thanks.

Imari-chan
10-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Awesome Lady costume! My friends and I are planning to do a DMC group and I have a question for you. What did you make Kalina Ann out of, specifically the long tube part? Thanks.

There is many ways you can make the Kalina Ann. Many people use a made tube and add stuff on. Some can use polyester. For a light weight effect where you can lift your Kalina Ann in the air and not really worry about it breaking would be using thick foam boards. It's easy to use, bendable and won't be to heavy and won't break that easy. I added some plastic sheets and some hard wood boards to help shape and hold up the kalina ann. Like the handles and such, it's made out of plastic. There is many things you can do to make it, it just really depends on how you want your kalina ann to look like.

I constructed mines by hand because I wanted it to be exactly the way I want it to be. If I want to change a part of it I can easily fix it. You can use many types of glue, hot glue, super glue or some sturdy glue. after all the constructing you just need to spray paint the kalina ann.

You can also use plastic sheets to make the kalina ann but its harder to find and use. It's all up to how you want to have your kalina ann as. If you need any particular help on any parts of it you can ask me. :) The most fun part of lady's cosplay was making the Kalina Ann. Anyways have fun constructing. You should also get the wallpaper off the official site for a good reference of her Kalina Ann. And for the gun, pretend your lady and think of how long it should be to you like you see hers to her.

Akira-Kun
10-24-2005, 01:56 AM
So you made your Kalina Ann mainly with thick foam board? I think I will give that a try. Did you use a certain kind of foamboard or just the "plain" kind you can find at Office Depot or Joanne's? I never thought foamboard could be that flexible.

I was also thinking of using Wonderflex for it, if you know what that is. It is kind of like a bendable type of plastic that you can heat up and it retains its shape afterwards.

Thanks for your advice.

Imari-chan
10-24-2005, 02:02 AM
So you made your Kalina Ann mainly with thick foam board? I think I will give that a try. Did you use a certain kind of foamboard or just the "plain" kind you can find at Office Depot or Joanne's? I never thought foamboard could be that flexible.

I was also thinking of using Wonderflex for it, if you know what that is. It is kind of like a bendable type of plastic that you can heat up and it retains its shape afterwards.

Thanks for your advice.

Ah yeah the wonderflex could work too. And the foam boards im using are the soft and flexible foam boards. :) Have fun constructing.

Kitty-armada
11-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Yay I finished it, here are the photos (http://www.kitty-armada.net/lady.htm).

w00tastic
11-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Both equally awesome costumes! This has inspired me to try out a Lady one (As I just had my hair cut in the exact same style) I'll have to get around to it sometime once I finish my other costumes >.> How the heck would you go about making the pouches! I have the perfect skirt for it I'm just lacking the pouches.

Kitty-armada
11-06-2005, 11:48 AM
How the heck would you go about making the pouches!

I just took two strips of fabric, (one is a couple inches longer then the other) sewed them together (except for one end, the pocket hole), turned it inside out, then hemmed all the edges (mainly just the flap).

w00tastic
11-06-2005, 12:14 PM
That simple? Wow I thought it would be a lot more complex ^^;; Thanks a bunch!

R1KKu
01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Sorry for reviving this thread :toothy:

Anyways, I decided that I want to make a Lady costume, since I wanna try for "wig not needed" costumes, cept I dont want to make her default outfit. The one I want to make is the white rider suit?? or whatever they call it. Anyways, Ive only found one picture of the suit, and its a front view. Would anyone happen to have a different view of the outfit. Also, Im looking at materials for it and Im at a lose here. I dont want to use that bathing suit material; its too thin and expensive for me right now; I would have to double layer it. Would anyone have suggestions??? Thanks

Honey
01-12-2006, 04:37 PM
The "white rider suit"? I would like to see the one picture of it you have, please. If I see the suit, I can probably help you out a bit.

Imari-chan
01-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Sorry for reviving this thread :toothy:

Anyways, I decided that I want to make a Lady costume, since I wanna try for "wig not needed" costumes, cept I dont want to make her default outfit. The one I want to make is the white rider suit?? or whatever they call it. Anyways, Ive only found one picture of the suit, and its a front view. Would anyone happen to have a different view of the outfit. Also, Im looking at materials for it and Im at a lose here. I dont want to use that bathing suit material; its too thin and expensive for me right now; I would have to double layer it. Would anyone have suggestions??? Thanks

Well cool to hear your doing the rider suit clothing, I'm going to do it also. Rather have time to take photos of mines. Anyways, you can use Vinyl fabric for the rider suit or the stretch type of fabric that isn't to thin. I don't really have a picture of her back side, but there isn't anything that special in the black, its just like the front, plain white. :p Can't wait to see your costume done! (^^) I hope to get photos up for mines sooner or later. :) If you need anymore just ask and I can help or at least try. :D

R1KKu
01-12-2006, 11:20 PM
The "white rider suit"? I would like to see the one picture of it you have, please. If I see the suit, I can probably help you out a bit.

I have the picture attached.

Thanks much, Imari-chan. I cant wait to see yours. I had thought of white vinyl.... or pvc, but that might be too shiny. Any suggestions as to where I can get some good stretch vinyl fabric that wont cost an arm and a leg?

Ok, a few questions about the costume. In the picture I have, the shoulders look like they flare out or overlap the sleeves. Also, do you know if she is wearing some sort of belt with pouches on the side underneath her ammo belt?

Imari-chan
01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I have the picture attached.

Thanks much, Imari-chan. I cant wait to see yours. I had thought of white vinyl.... or pvc, but that might be too shiny. Any suggestions as to where I can get some good stretch vinyl fabric that wont cost an arm and a leg?

Ok, a few questions about the costume. In the picture I have, the shoulders look like they flare out or overlap the sleeves. Also, do you know if she is wearing some sort of belt with pouches on the side underneath her ammo belt?

Hmm, have you looked at fabric online? Or maybe ebay? You can try to buy fabric from Joanns with coupon. You can also go to Wal Mart for a chance to buy fabric for lesser money. XD;; Not really sure.

The shoulder's part is connected to the rider suit, it just looks sort of like it's apart in the picture. Under the ammo belt she has a gun holding pouch. She has two, one on both sides of her hips. It's under the ammo belt and connected by a belt which should be made by the same fabric you use for the gun pouch. I think Vinyl would work good also, or something that looks like a slick look.

halafax
01-13-2006, 11:12 AM
It looks like there is a gun holster and a belt under the ammo belt. The shoulders look like they are attached but raised. Used some buckrum to make them a bit thicker than the rest of the costume. I would hope you get a bigger picture, because that one is a tad small. Though maybe look to see if you can find an action figure of her....

Stretch vinal cheap? Hmmm, not in white. thats usually a popular color, but if you get jo ann's coupons in the mail you can go to one of their sales and make out like a bandit. Look around online as well you would might find something, though I prefer to see things like that in person....

Good luck, I would be curious to see how that looks. Though if you wanted to forgoe making the whole thing look into getting a white cat suit. I know there are a few places that sell them rather cheap. If you have to go and redo the zipper from black to yellow it might be easier. It is hard to tell if she is wearing pants and a top, or a cat suit, but look around you might be able to find one cheaper than getting the material...

Again good luck

Evali
02-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Hey Ladies. =3

I happened to run across a really high resolution of Lady. Since I had never seen it before I bet most of you haven't either and well, share the wealth! She's such an amazing character design.

Edit: Sorry those links were removed. When I have time I'll just host it on my website...

DaSpecialestK
02-23-2006, 09:01 AM
well i think i found those two that you were talking about:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/DaSpecialestK/920607_20050106_screen058.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/DMC_Lady.jpg

Evali
02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, that looks about right! Sorry I couldn't be more help heh ^^;