PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2 input

izitnick
10-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi, everyone. I will be cosplaying Solid Snake from MGS2 at a convention soon. I have everything together except the main part - the grayish thing he wears underneath all the equipment. I have heard differing opinions about what to do for that part of the outfit and would like to hear what you all have to say :)

First, let me say that I'm not worried about getting self conscious. If a skin tight, rainbow colored tank top was the most accurate thing to wear, I would wear it (fortunately, it's not!).

My first thought was that something like a wetsuit for scuba diving would be the closest I could get. Accuracy is my primary consideration here! I have also heard that the finished product of a wetsuit-based Snake just looks bad.

Another common option is a flight suit.

So here's a little table of pro's and cons I've found in my research:

Wetsuit option:
Pro: Looks pretty accurate.
Pro: The fit is realistic to the thing Snake wears.
Con: Expensive.
Con: Probably uncomfortable to wear out of the water.
Con: Difficult to find a solid gray colored suit.

Flightsuit option:
Pro: Easy to find, easy to change color (clothing dye).
Pro: Cheap.
Pro: Probably more comfortable than a wetsuit.
Con: Many have undesirable pockets and stuff.
Con: Difficult to get the right fit.
Con: It doesn't have that "shiny" look that a wetsuit (and Snake's suit) does.

Those pro's and con's are all overridden by one thing: realism. I will pursue the most realistic-looking option regardless of the cost. At this point the color and "solidarity" (having only one color on the suit. Almost all the wetsuits I've seen have a few different colors and/or logos on them) award for accuracy goes to flightsuits. The fit and... "texture" award for accuracy goes to wetsuits. Please advise! :)

1wingedangel
10-24-2005, 03:01 AM
you can get under armor its like a wet suit you just wont get as hot. also there is a metal gear thread you could have asked on.

izitnick
10-24-2005, 11:59 AM
You're right, I should have posted it in the big thread, but I didn't want to get lost in the jumble (and I didn't want to read through all of those posts at first, but I got through most of them last night). I'm sorry, I will repost in the current thread. I tried to delete this thread myself but cannot; if a mod sees this post, please delete it :)