PDA

View Full Version : Fun/Weird things at the con!! Tell your stories!

megumibish
10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
On my top list of fun/wierd was saturday nights elevator fiasco. After leaving my room stilled dressed as Ion Fortuna with Kyandichan(as Calintz), Ryo-sama(regular clothing) and eventually picking up PikminLink(comfy HP gear) we decided a visit to Lord Masamune's room was in order. So we had to go to the main hotel and go to the 7th floor. As we got there our elevator door only opened a crack....we'll everyone but me and Kyandi left the elevator. Why cuz we were still in our super fancy but delicate costumes. I seriously contemplated just stripping of my armor at that point. So as we contemplated how to get out with lil/no damage Pikmin was snapping pics on her cell phone. *dies* You are soo easily amused it kills me. Eventually we got out but after that we started sending people down to the first floor to trap unknowing people in the broken elevator. After that Pikmin even got her dad to partake in the viewing pleasure that was the broken elevator. Eventually we left the elevator, found Lord Masamune and Gren and took the stairway all the way to the ground. Much fun was had cuz there on I began to pwn *almost everyone* in a game of Apples to Apples. At least till the security booted us from our table.

Amaya De'Morte
10-25-2005, 02:57 PM
awss wish I would have been there for that! -tear- I was busy getting food, lol.

anyways.. on my crazy story.. I was hanging out with some friends from another convention in their hotel room.. and their parents/other friends were staying in a hotel next to them.. we decided it'd be fun to scare them, and so I climbed around the railing of the balconys.. and then chickened out.
Course, it was hard to scare/be sneaky like when you're laughing your head off, but that's beside the point, lmao.

Anyways, one of the guys- dressed as hughs from full metal alchemist- stepped out on the balcony. By that time, I had made it back over to the room I was in, and was sitting in one of the chairs on their balcony.. he looked around confused like.. I giggled.. and he leaned over and asked if I climbed under the seporators to get into their balcony..

It was super silly, and we laughed.. alot. lmao.

Course, then there was the whole protest thing.. Man.. I wish I would have had a camera when that happened.. silly silly stuff.

It really was a great con. ^^ I was so glad I got to stay with Ryo-Sama, Megumibish, and Kyandi-chan.. Meeting you three was great, and I learned alot! ^^ I'm gonna try harder on my cosplays now so I can be wicked good like y'all^^

Mr. Corus
10-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I got wasted and wrote on my friend's face with a sharpie. I then proceeded to try to feed him Crunch N' Munch while he was asleep, which really just ended with me dumping the whole box on his head.

inu-chan00
10-25-2005, 04:52 PM
hhrmm..well..probably the most wierd/funny story I had from Oni-con was.....
de-wigging cherrys sora wig...on stage....ACCIDENTLY! (<.<......>.>)
It was at hte Masquarde. I enterd my yue cosplay and expected a lesser prize than I did, but when I heard that I had gotten 3rd prive overall..i was...estatic. Being a DORK I am, ran up the stage (and presented my UBER-DORKWAD-NESS) and happily accepted my award........on the way out I decided to HUG cherry...and then "WOOP".....just fell off O.o

I really dont know how many ppl were watching, laughing...anything....I just broke down falling on the floor cracking myslef up....winning an award and that situation...was too much to handle in a short 2 min time period for meO.O

.......hey...ppl laughed....;D;D;D...::hidez from teh RATH of cherry::

fetus
10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
I got wasted and wrote on my friend's face with a sharpie. I then proceeded to try to feed him Crunch N' Munch while he was asleep, which really just ended with me dumping the whole box on his head.

curse you!^^

kyandi-chan
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
ahh, Megumi. One of the many strange stories. :D :D

Mr. Corus
10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
hhrmm..well..probably the most wierd/funny story I had from Oni-con was.....
de-wigging cherrys sora wig...on stage....ACCIDENTLY! (<.<......>.>)
It was at hte Masquarde. I enterd my yue cosplay and expected a lesser prize than I did, but when I heard that I had gotten 3rd prive overall..i was...estatic. Being a DORK I am, ran up the stage (and presented my UBER-DORKWAD-NESS) and happily accepted my award........on the way out I decided to HUG cherry...and then "WOOP".....just fell off O.o

I really dont know how many ppl were watching, laughing...anything....I just broke down falling on the floor cracking myslef up....winning an award and that situation...was too much to handle in a short 2 min time period for meO.O

.......hey...ppl laughed....;D;D;D...::hidez from teh RATH of cherry::

That was great.

I was on the side of the stage going "OH HONEY! SHE JUST SNATCHED HER WIG!"

I'll be sure to tease Cherry about it everytime I see her.

ayn*chan
10-26-2005, 03:26 PM
She snatched her weave straight off 'o her haid!

TrigunWolf
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Much fun was had cuz there on I began to pwn *almost everyone* in a game of Apples to Apples. At least till the security booted us from our table.

*shakes fist violently* New people are never allowed to pwn in Apples to Apples. I'm the only one who got to break that rule. And I'll be the last!!!

But yes, you were pwning! *hangs head in shame*

Mr. Corus
10-26-2005, 04:28 PM
I don't think there's an actual way to pwn at Apples to Apples. You just kind of...guess what will appeal the most to the person who's judging.

Isamu-kun
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
during the line up for the cosplay show me as Sol badguy and Danzikumaru
as Ky was made guards of the door we made a few jokes how we was the badest bouncers around also with another person oni-con staff didnt get her name ~_~ if anyone know tell me XD well anything i told her anyone that cross would get puddle by my Fuuenken which look like a puddle then a sword XD this one person gave me a hard time and when he turn i did in fact puddle him he turn around witha wtf look on his face XD while guarding the door also got a chance to meet PikminLink and cherry yay for me :dance: it was great to that kidna power for once and not being the one turn away XD not so funy i know but i enjoy it =D

Mr. Corus
10-26-2005, 06:08 PM
as Ky was made guards of the door we made a few jokes how we was the badest bouncers around also with another person oni-con staff didnt get her name ~_~ if anyone know tell me XD well anything i told her anyone that cross would get puddle by my Fuuenken which look like a puddle then a sword XD this one person gave me a hard time and when he turn i did in fact puddle him he turn around witha wtf look on his face XD while guarding the door also got a chance to meet PikminLink and cherry yay for me :dance: it was great to that kidna power for once and not being the one turn away XD not so funy i know but i enjoy it =D
I think her name was Hope.

Mr. Corus
10-26-2005, 06:09 PM
She snatched her weave straight off 'o her haid!
Tell yo mama I axed her how she durrin'.

Isamu-kun
10-26-2005, 06:44 PM
I think her name was Hope.

oh thanks! any idea if she at oni-con board or here? anyway was great fun with her XD thanks again for the name :}

rabidfanboy
10-26-2005, 07:39 PM
She's SonGokuSaiyuki18 over at the oni-con boards.

Isamu-kun
10-26-2005, 07:40 PM
She's SonGokuSaiyuki18 over at the oni-con boards.

omg you people are great i love you all XD <3 <3 thanks lots :}

Raver-Sakura
10-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Well My friends Seth and Sethos and I were the Alice in Wonderland Cosplayers...>_>
We played Butt tag with random people and were giggling all school girlish and running around being silly.
Oh!
The Mad Hatter and I played Marco Polo! XD Then it grew...to think..We played Marco Polo just to try and find each other.

Rapid Fanboy- Gordon! XD OMG You gotta hangout again with us! Your dance moves are so sexy!

torakiji
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Rapid Fanboy- Gordon! XD OMG You gotta hangout again with us! Your dance moves are so sexy!

OMG you talking about the Menos Grande hallow guy?w00t he'll be happy to know that ^___^ i remember at a-kon how I went to my first dance, and i just like crazy dancing...or pretending to know that i know how to rave...heeheehee it's so much fun, i wanna do it again

katawa_kochou
10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
i don't know if this really counts as WEIIIIRD... but I'll say this... without really trying to embarrass anyone cause you know who you are:
I had to go back to the room to get my ID, and I ran into one of my roommates who was freaking out. I asked him what the deal was and he pretty much told me that he might have accidentally walked in on 'something'. Me being the master of "Pshh whatever I need my stuff", I went to the room and proceeded to make a LOT of noise, so whatever was going on, could come to a quick and discreet end. We laughed about it later, but it was funny running into my very flustered roommate ^_^

rabidfanboy
10-26-2005, 09:30 PM
*blushes* I loooove shakin' my butt. Y'all should so hit me up on aim some time. The next con I'll probably be at will be shiokazecon.

Raver-Sakura
10-26-2005, 09:39 PM
OMG you talking about the Menos Grande hallow guy?w00t he'll be happy to know that ^___^ i remember at a-kon how I went to my first dance, and i just like crazy dancing...or pretending to know that i know how to rave...heeheehee it's so much fun, i wanna do it again

Menos Grande?? O_o;; Uh...he cosplayed Roy Mustang and also was just in his regular clothes..>_> <_<;;

Anywho~!
At the dance I remember seeing DJ Toboe and some go grinding up against each other! OMG it was yummy! <3 Humana Humana!

rabidfanboy
10-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Anywho~!
At the dance I remember seeing DJ Toboe and some go grinding up against each other! OMG it was yummy! <3 Humana Humana!

"Baby when we're grinding...I get so excited...Ooh how I like it I try but I can't fight it"

I was grinding with the two of them for like a minute as well.

Raver-Sakura
10-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I saw that :3 it was sooo hawt! DELICIOUS!

Angel_Rinoa
10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
I had little annoying preteen fanboys of Tifa that bugged me....*cough* I can't get anymore detailed or I'll lose my temper.

SchizoIori
10-27-2005, 02:17 AM
I didn't really have strange experiences at Oni-con, but I did get a compliment for my Amano Tifa cosplay in the form of "Congratulations on officially cosplaying the most obscure character." Well I also got hit on by a dealer, but I don't remember which table so I can steer clear of him at the next con. u_u

DJ Toboe
10-27-2005, 03:49 AM
"Baby when we're grinding...I get so excited...Ooh how I like it I try but I can't fight it"

I was grinding with the two of them for like a minute as well.

Oh man... I don't think I've ever been that umm... friendly in public before. That was great fun and Nick was an awesome partner. Heehee, no there was no further grinding after the dance, but it was all much fun none-the-less. I was flattered from all the attention we got.

I thought me grinding up on him during the song Trailer Trash was so appropriate XD Oh that was a fun time.

And thanks rabidfanboi for the fun from behind =P

Danzikumaru
10-27-2005, 04:19 AM

That's cuz we WERE the baddest bouncers around. Seriously, dude, nobody messes with the GG crew...we needed Kimba out there with her scythe o' doom and we would have been so intimidating not even the people who were SUPPOSED to be in there would want to come in...

Raver-Sakura
10-27-2005, 01:07 PM
That's cuz we WERE the baddest bouncers around. Seriously, dude, nobody messes with the GG crew...we needed Kimba out there with her scythe o' doom and we would have been so intimidating not even the people who were SUPPOSED to be in there would want to come in...

But then you were the White Rabbit...:3 with cute bunny ears!! <3 *hug*

Lord Masamune
10-27-2005, 03:36 PM
SchizoIori - I saw your Amano Tifa, and it kicked much arse! I stopped you a brief moment in the dealers hall to tell ya, but we were both in a hurry. XD Anyways, awesome work, and well done. ^_^

For strange experiences, there are plenty... though I'd have to say my most memorable was seeing the fantastic 'Heartless' Sora and Power Wild Monkey from Kingdom Hearts. Just watching them wander around made me smile, and getting a hug from the monkey was definitely on the top of my list of best con moments.

Isamu-kun
10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
But then you were the White Rabbit...:3 with cute bunny ears!! <3 *hug*

haha yea can't be scared of a guy with bunny ears on =P

SchizoIori
10-28-2005, 02:30 AM
SchizoIori - I saw your Amano Tifa, and it kicked much arse! I stopped you a brief moment in the dealers hall to tell ya, but we were both in a hurry. XD Anyways, awesome work, and well done. ^_^

For strange experiences, there are plenty... though I'd have to say my most memorable was seeing the fantastic 'Heartless' Sora and Power Wild Monkey from Kingdom Hearts. Just watching them wander around made me smile, and getting a hug from the monkey was definitely on the top of my list of best con moments.

Darn! I would've loved to take pictures with you. You're my Hero. ^_^ Getting a compliment form you makes my day since you're such an awesome cosplayer. Yay! Thanks!

Raver-Sakura
10-28-2005, 01:16 PM
haha yea can't be scared of a guy with bunny ears on =P
Agreed! XD Oh well Tough Men wear Bunny ears! ;3 Hahaha *pats head*

Danzikumaru
10-29-2005, 03:22 AM

I dunno....the red eye in that one fellow's pictures makes me look like an EVIL rabbit....

Isamu-kun
10-30-2005, 12:28 AM

I dunno....the red eye in that one fellow's pictures makes me look like an EVIL rabbit....

awww *pat pat* your still just a white bunny man that everyone likes no matter how evil you look.. XP just messing with ya :3

Raver-Sakura
10-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Well you're a good white rabbit danzig! *claps*
^^ hehehe I am looking into maybe adding more people to the AiW theme

Danzikumaru
10-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Well you're a good white rabbit danzig! *claps*
^^ hehehe I am looking into maybe adding more people to the AiW theme

Well you're in luck then. Kimba has scrapped the Jabberwok in favor of the Queen of Hearts. That's not saying the Jabberwok will never be made, it's just not going to be done anytime soon

Pharaoh Atem
10-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, seeing how I was hitting the sauce a little here and there, it was pretty crazy in general.

I think the weirdest thing that happened was I was running the video room for a few hours, and the CD's they gave me wouldn't work so my friend handed me his collection~. We were watching Advent Children, which no one cared due to the push back. . . But then I slapped in Tenjo Tenge, and there was this 9 episode marathon up until the convention closed. . .

~So this gentleman walks in, his badge looks different than anyone else's, (I don't wanna' list any names xD) and he says "Isn't this licensed?"
~And I'm like "It is? I had no idea." Which I really didn't. . . And then I turn around and it says "Produced by Geneon Entertainment U.S.A."

What's funny is that I looked at the guest list later on, and realized that one of the voice actors from English Version of Tenjo Tenge was the person telling me that it was licensed. > >;

Raver-Sakura
10-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Well you're in luck then. Kimba has scrapped the Jabberwok in favor of the Queen of Hearts. That's not saying the Jabberwok will never be made, it's just not going to be done anytime soon

Sweet! I found a White Queen and Ace of Spades!:3
Also, Pharaoh, thats so weird! I remember spotting you once too durning the con, good cosplays btw ^^

Etsu
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
There wasn't too much funny/weird occurences for me at the con. kill and I couldn't find each other the 1st 2 days and didn't recognize one another while in line for the Phantasmagoria photo and autograph session. ^^;; Speaking of autographs, I got my CD signed by echostream, and when it got to Tomo's turn, he was like, "There's no room." He was speaking Japanese so I'm only guessing since Ryoko pointed out areas he could sign.

Btw, did anybody else get shown the "You're hot. Buy a T-shirt" signs?

A lot of interesting things actually happened outside of the con, mainly involving my walk through Reliant w/ the Texans game going on and my friends responding to my various cosplays.

Evil Kimba
10-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Something I found weird...Not too many people cared about being hit by my scythe in the dealer's room. Mind you, it was all accidental...It was sort of (REALLY) awkward having basically a third arm hanging out behind me and keeping track of it. I was glad when my friends would be spotters/damage control for the blade >.>

The guy with the boom box and seemingly endless collection of anime/game music was great...if not really weird.

Mekong_Please
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM
It's not really weird, but it was kind of funny. We had a terrible bootleg skit and somebody made our female Ranma mad (who was already back in her Misty costume) so she turned around and shouted like a mad cow, this dude in a Pikachu costume walks up and says, "You tell 'em, Misty."

FFXguardian
11-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I had a friend and while we were getting our registration badges I told my other friend to name him Ash Ketchum and when they called out the name everyone was laughing.

Tenya Muyo
11-03-2005, 11:41 PM
This was just plain fun!!: Outside near the gazeebo (spelling?) on Saturday some guy had a boombox out, and was blaring tons of anime music for all to hear. Soon the music turned to Final Fantasy battle music, and my sleep-deprived mind took over! ^_^ I shouted really loud "Oh no! It's a battle!!" and, dressed as Edward Elric, proceeded to stand and bounce like i was in a FF battle, to much cheering from the surrounding crowd!!:bigtu: Even better, a very pretty Chii sitting on one of the higher steps to the gazeebo stood and started "fighting" with me!!!:jjacks: We were doing it all! Physical attacks, magic, limit breaks, and summoning! I ended up summoning both my friends dressed as Lord Inutasha and Izaiyoi (inu yasha parents) to do battle! Well, i ended up "winning" (the Chii was such a great sport) and even did a dorky pose for the end of it (inspired apparently by too much live action sailor moon ^_^;; ) After all the laughs and hugs were exchanged with the participants, i finally got a chance to see that we had attracted a pretty good crowd! Someone even had a video camera!! @_@ If anyone knows who might have that footage, i wanna see it!:jjacks:

Big thanks to all who were watching the craziness and played along! That was super fun!! I love random improb!:heart:

Cherry
11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
~_~; Getting de-wigged on stage was one of the more horrifying moments of my cosplay career. No one reall saw it though, because Gren DOVE in front of me.

Knightfall
11-10-2005, 01:26 PM
She was like your secret service or something. All I remember was everyonw starting to laugh at something on stage and before I could finish turning my head, I saw Gren, somewhat on the floor. So for a minute or two, I thought everyone was laughing 'cause she tripped or something. Some of the people in line cleared it up for me though.

Fluffy-chan
11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
~_~; Getting de-wigged on stage was one of the more horrifying moments of my cosplay career. No one reall saw it though, because Gren DOVE in front of me.

I didn't see what was going on either. I found out later though. I'm so sorry that happened to you. U.U;

Heh as me...I had a klutz attack going outside to where that kiosk was. I didn't notice the step going out the glass doors. XDDD I didn't fall but I almost did....o_o; It would have sucked to fall with all the armor on. ;_;.... I didn’t feel to bad though…I saw a lot of people trip in the same place….><;