PDA

View Full Version : AMV contest

ChibiMoFo
02-05-2003, 02:45 AM
Anyone go last year? they better not mess it up again -_- I already know a number of ppl not going this year because of the AMV screwup, they also thought the rest of the con was ho-hum. I didn't have much to go on (only went been to fanime other than it) so I thought it was ok.

Kagato
02-05-2003, 10:17 AM
I think we'll see a better contest this year. They already have the rules posted on their site.

The due date for all video submissions is April 30th, they'll have 2 months to select the finalists and prepare the videos for presentation.

I think a big 'cause of the problems last year was the contest was under "new management" and the people weren't familiar with all the hidden pitfalls. Such as mixing VHS/SVHS/MiniDV tapes and DVD/CD/MPG files together in one contest.

K_Valentine
02-05-2003, 11:07 AM
I have never been to an AMV contest at any con before. AX02 would have been my first but y'all know what happened there. Seems me and AMV contests don't mix well.

Ranma Saotome
02-05-2003, 11:09 AM
AX screwing up again? Why am I not suprised? .

RoseDuelist
02-05-2003, 06:16 PM
The line was too long for me to get in. What happened? How did they screw it up? *blinks* I only saw the winners after the masquerade before they announced the winners.

Kagato
02-05-2003, 06:31 PM
The night of the contest they everyone waiting outside the theater for 2+ hours beyond the time the contest was supposed to start. Then they let everyone in and we all sat there for about an hour when they informed us they couldn't do the contest and it would be postponed until 9am the next morning.

From what I gathered later, the work that needed to be done to capture all of the finalist onto their computer for viewing was saved until the last minute. After numerous technical glitches, they had to cancel.

RoseDuelist
02-07-2003, 10:57 PM
Gosh, that sucks... I remember I just wasn't able to see it. We weren't quite sure when it was and were told it was all full. I wasn't quite sure what happened. Thank you.. ^_^

ChibiMoFo
02-07-2003, 11:11 PM
hehe ya I didn't know when it was either, and how to get tickets @_@ and the staff didn't seem to know either...And I was a finalist and I had no ticket >_< after talkin to alot of staff I finally hear I get my finalist tickets at the amv panel which was also moved which I didn't know about either. And they never even e-mailed me I was a finalist, I had to see on the website, which they only posted like a couple days before the expo :O

Baka Neko
02-08-2003, 12:49 AM
I'm planning on entering three videos [Inuyasha(Comedy), Kingdom Hearts(Drama), Kenshin-Furuba-Inuyasha-Saiyuki-Gawl-Ceres(Action)]. Hopefully, the contest will run smoothly or close to it. This will be my 1st AX con & AX AMV contest too ^^;

Psychotic Jei
02-08-2003, 01:46 AM
It's not like its something that happens everytime. The year before it ran fine. Same thing with '00 ^__^ Mistakes and problems do happen sometimes

ChibiMoFo
02-08-2003, 02:14 AM
well it was my 1st contest, and it was alot of problems :O

RoseDuelist
02-08-2003, 06:17 PM
You were at the AMV panel? Me too. I probably heard you name. That panel is what actually inspired me to start AMV's. I'm a newb and I'll admit that right off. I haven't actually completed one yet. I am just practicing with still images first..

Anyway, maybe if they have a panel next year I'll see ya or something. ^_^ You are a pretty cool guy..

ChibiMoFo
02-09-2003, 04:02 AM
hehe tx, well I was there but I just got my ticket they didn't call my name, well I guess they did if they called the finalist names, I actually left early cuz I wanted to see the Tenchi panel ^-^;;
I'll attend this year, my friend will be on the panel and probably single me out to embaress me o_o;; (that friend is sppanda btw O_O)

Theres nothing wrong with practicing with stills, storyboarding is a great way of planning (but time consuming, and ususally done with sketches) I was a newbie at last years as it was my 1st amv, but I did a few school non-anime videos so I knew a few things about editing ahead of time hehe.

Kusanagi
02-20-2003, 10:15 PM
I was thinking of entering a live action AMV based off of an anime theme...I dont think theyed let me...

ChibiMoFo
02-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Theres a rule that it needs to be 80% anime, so you won't get in the contest but doesn't mean you can't do it anyways, and release it for the web.

RoseDuelist
02-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ChibiMoFo

I'll attend this year, my friend will be on the panel and probably single me out to embaress me o_o;; (that friend is sppanda btw O_O)

*gasp!* Sppanda will be there?! I have to meet you guys. ^_^;; Before the con can we exchange pics so I can meet ya? *feels all embarressed and such* Even though he spammed a bit (sorry) I liked him and we chatted through PM's. I absolutly have to meet you guys! *smiles like a big dork*