PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

gamerpanda
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Well, as I did't see any Fire Emblem cosplay threads, I thought I might start one.

I am thinking about cosplaying as Florina from Fire Emblem 7 (the first one for GBA)

here's a picture of here for those who aren't familiar http://drifting-dreams.com/FE/Florina.jpg

This is, in fact, my first cosplay that I'm doing. I think I'm going to find a pegasus stuffed animal to stand in as my steed. ...I think the hardest part might be the wig...lol

Any suggestions? I am also interested in anyone else who has done a FE character. ...I wonder if anyone will recognize me?

gamerpanda
10-30-2005, 04:18 PM
*waits patiently*

RustyAngel
10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Keeping in mind I've only done a few costumes myself...^^;

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a purple wig...depending on your budget, Amphigory.com or eBay might have something similar to what you're looking for...(upon looking at Amphigory, unfortunately it looks like the Cleopatra and Heroine wigs, which look like the closest style, don't come in that shade of purple. You could get the Enchantment in "Femme" and cut it...)

For the dress, you might be able to find a simple sewing pattern to use. For the boots, you might be able to make some sort of long boot covers out of spandex...the shoulder armor might take some creativity. You could possibly use some kind of foam kneepads or elbowpads and paint and decorate them to look similar...also, Amethyst Angel (http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html) has a nice tutorial for making armor out of foam...

Part of the fun of cosplay is experimenting, so you might want to try some things out, and then post if you have a specific question about something. ^_^ Good luck!

coyoterose
10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Not owning a Game Boy, I've never played the game, but I was thinking that Princess Eirika (http://www.feplanet.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Eirik_Big.jpg) from FE: The Sacred Stones would be a fun costume to make. :)

gamerpanda
10-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Yes, Erica would be cool, but perhaps a little too complicated for my first attempt...

For those more experienced, it would be really cool.

There's a lot of cool characters in the new FE game for Gamecube. Unfortunatlly, there aren't many pictures of them yet...

Tenebrae
10-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Were there specific parts of the costume, besides, the wig, that you had questions about / problems with?
For the wig, you might also check the cosplay.com wig store. Either way, you will probably need to dye the wig. Check the Wig forum for the threads on wig dye and/or check out the sticky FAQ at the top. :)

-Tenebrae.

gamerpanda
10-31-2005, 12:44 PM
The thing I think I'm going to have the most trouble on would be the boots. I know my best bet would be boot covers, but I don't eve have the first idea how to make them...

Eriol
10-31-2005, 02:06 PM
There are very few Fire Emblem threads here. It is not a big series compared to other RPGs.

You can find more Fire Emblem artwork here:
http://feplanet.net/gallery/

gamerpanda
10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks.

Tenebrae
10-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Boot cover tutorials:
http://sarcasm-hime.net/bootcovers-tutorial.html
There's one under Tutorials here:
http://www.lynleigh.com/cosplay/

-Tenebrae.

gamerpanda
11-01-2005, 06:03 PM
O.O That's Wonderful!! *Hugs Tenebrae* You made my day!! You and State_Alchemist are making me feel like I can really do this costume! I heart you!

Will you be my best friend on cosplay.com?

Tenebrae
11-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Eek!
My evil twin Tenbrae apparently rocks hardcore...but what about Tenebrae, huh? ;)
*sticks an E in gamerpanda's .sig*

Always happy to help!

-Tenebrae.

Shadow Dragonia
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
SISTER!!!! lol, I'm planning a Farina cosplay. :D

But if your looking for other fire emblem cosplayers *points to self* I've done Erk, working on finishing up Matthew, and like I said I'm gonna do Farina (not to mention the other 20 or so characters I wanna do but probably wont, lol). I also ran into a few FE cosplayers at Otakon 05, so they are out there, just gotta find them.

gamerpanda
11-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Cool! I kind of figured that no one really cosplayed this game from the response (or lack there of). Glad to see somone else is going to be a fellow Pegasus Knight!

Are you going to do weapon and all? I think I'm just going to bring a little pegasus stuffed animal since Florina is more of a lover than a fighter! ^_^

...it's a shame you don't live by me!

Eriol
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Cool! I kind of figured that no one really cosplayed this game from the response (or lack there of).

Consider yourself to be among a group of special cosplayers. :-)

Fire Emblem just doesn't get nearly as much marketing money as Final Fantasy, so a lot of RPGs go unnoticed by cosplayers. Fire Emblem has about as many cosplaying fans as Breath of Fire, Star Ocean, or Wild Arms.

As long as you don't need people to recognize you immediately at cons, you'll be fine.

Shadow Dragonia
11-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Oh yes, most likely gonna have a spear with me. I've grown to prefer to have weapon props with my costumes. It just makes me feel better that even if someone else cosplays the same character, they usually dont have the weapon too. And Fire Emblem cosplayers might not get recognize right away or often. But I think it just makes you feel better when someone does recognize you. I wore Matthew to Anime USA this past weekend and this is pretty much what happened when the first person to recognize said something:

person: "exscuse me? are you cosplaying Matthew from fire emblem?"
me: "...YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? OMG SOMEONE RECOGNIZED ME!!!! *GLOMP*
person: XD "can I get a picture?"
me: "YAY YAY YAY, sure" *picture* "yay, someone knew who I was!!" *GLOMP*

That was pretty much it, I did that to the other 2 people who recognized me too, lol. It was funny. ^^

sasukegenin
11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
I think Ike would kick ass!

gamerpanda
11-22-2005, 02:10 PM
I wore Matthew to Anime USA this past weekend and this is pretty much what happened when the first person to recognize said something:

That was pretty much it, I did that to the other 2 people who recognized me too, lol. It was funny. ^^

That'll pretty much be my reaction, too, I'll bet.

Oh yes, most likely gonna have a spear with me. I've grown to prefer to have weapon props with my costumes. It just makes me feel better that even if someone else cosplays the same character, they usually dont have the weapon too.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. My "slim lance" might draw some extra attention or that people wouldn't recognize me without it. However, my boyfriend pointed out that it seems more like Florina's personality to have a plushie rather than a weapon. Also, carrying around a huge spear might be a little inconvienent. What do you think?

Shadow Dragonia
11-22-2005, 09:29 PM
yeah, with Florina it might be cuter to have a pegasus plushie.....make that FREAKING ADORABLE! Lol, I'd definitly glomp ya if I saw ya.

Shadow Dragonia
11-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I think Ike would kick ass!
that would be cool. I think out of all the Fire Emblems released over here so far, the gamecube one will probably be cosplayed the most.

haruna
11-23-2005, 01:02 AM
I've been pondering a Fire Emblem cosplay; I've been with the series since the first SNES game.

I wonder if Lyn could be done using a Chiyong Sam(sorry if I messed up the spelling!) pattern with a few modificaitons.

If you want a good Pegasus plushie, try the Folkmanis puppet co:
http://folkmanis.com/imagefilesA/Pegasus.jpg

Wow. Dragon Knight wanna-bes have a lot of sweet choices!
http://www.folkmanis.com/fantasy.htm

Chellian
11-23-2005, 01:10 AM
My brother and I are thinking of doing a Fire Emblem sacred stones (or whatever it is called, too lazy to remember!) with Erika and Ephraim. We may do it for Akon next year. We are trying to decide what we are going to do, and this is definitely a possibility!:bigtu:

sasukegenin
11-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I think its a good idea. I'm gonna try an Ike costume before my Harry Potter... but I think Ike's clothes are gonna be a joy :sulk:

gamerpanda
11-23-2005, 03:09 PM
*looks up Ike picture*

O.O

...good luck! Something like that would be just too hard for me!

Varnani
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm planning on several Fire Emblem cosplays, too. ^^;; I think the first one I'm going to do is Jaffar...are you going to Anime Expo 06? It would be so cool to have a group....^^;;;

Shadow Dragonia
11-23-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm planning on several Fire Emblem cosplays, too. ^^;; I think the first one I'm going to do is Jaffar...are you going to Anime Expo 06? It would be so cool to have a group....^^;;;

*totally glomps your icon* so hot, lol. Jaffar rocks, I must see pics when you get it done. I dont even know where Anime Expo 06 is being held, so thats probably a no for meh.

Shadow Dragonia
11-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I think Ike's clothes are gonna be a joy :sulk:

*looks up pics* ...yes, that does look a tad interesting. Might take some time, but it shouldnt be too hard. good luck (and I wanna see pics if/when its done, lol)

sasukegenin
11-24-2005, 11:56 AM
lol, k. And I am not sure what the convention I go to is called. All I know is its in London and it was about a month ago.

gamerpanda
11-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm hoping to go to Acen 06 which is in Chicago, IL and maybe Kunicon 06 which is in StL, MO, if they're still going to have it this year...

Anyone going to be at those?

sasukegenin
11-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I just need to know, what age r u guys and what ages do u think cosplayers should be?

gamerpanda
11-25-2005, 01:30 PM
That's a little off topic. I'll PM my answer to you instead! k?

Shadow Dragonia
11-26-2005, 03:32 AM
very off topic, but as far as I care, you can be whatever age you want as long as you love to cosplay. I've seen chibi cosplayers, I've seen 40 and older year old cosplayers. I dont really care how old you are, as long as you love cosplaying go with it. As for me, I'm 18, but I dont plan of quiting any time soon, lol.

gamerpanda
11-26-2005, 09:54 PM
You need put up some pics of your Erk and Matthew costumes soon! I really can't wait to see them! ^_^

FlowerOfThCourt
11-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Fire emblem cosplayers! *Glompage* Yaay! I'm not alone! I'm going to be making a Rebecca costume soon. I wish you guys where in my area! I'll post up pictures when I start. (I just got some patterns and I'm going fabric shopping tomorrow!) Weee! And I agree I plushie would be more of a fit for Florina. :)

Icetigris
11-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Oh yes, most likely gonna have a spear with me. I've grown to prefer to have weapon props with my costumes. It just makes me feel better that even if someone else cosplays the same character, they usually dont have the weapon too. And Fire Emblem cosplayers might not get recognize right away or often. But I think it just makes you feel better when someone does recognize you. I wore Matthew to Anime USA this past weekend and this is pretty much what happened when the first person to recognize said something:

Then you can imagine my reaction when I was recognised as Clarine at Otakon last year. :bigtu:

I'm planning a Louise costume tenatively for this Katsucon, and then maybe a Ninian at some later date, or maybe even Priscilla (to keep the troubadour thing going X3). I'm also thinking about Jill, Astrid, Calill, or Ilyana from FE PoR.

gamerpanda
11-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm going to be making a Rebecca costume soon. I wish you guys where in my area! I'll post up pictures when I start.

That's cool. Rebecca was one of my inital choices. I can't wait to see the pictures! ^_^

Then you can imagine my reaction when I was recognised as Clarine at Otakon last year.

Which FE in Clarine from?

Shadow Dragonia
11-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Then you can imagine my reaction when I was recognised as Clarine at Otakon last year. :bigtu:

I'm planning a Louise costume tenatively for this Katsucon, and then maybe a Ninian at some later date, or maybe even Priscilla (to keep the troubadour thing going X3). I'm also thinking about Jill, Astrid, Calill, or Ilyana from FE PoR.

O.O YES!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have Erk AND Matthew at Katsucon!!! XD

Shadow Dragonia
11-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Not many, but these are the only pics I have of my Erk costume. I totally forgot to get pics of my Matthew at AUSA, but I'll have some soon.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=392441

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=392442

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=392421

I love this one ^^
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=392453

gamerpanda
11-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Nice. It looks really good!! ^_^ Fantastic job!!

sasukegenin
11-27-2005, 05:05 PM
thats really good

FlowerOfThCourt
11-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Great Erk! Wow! The cloak is awesome!

gamerpanda:
I will. I bought the purrrrfect fabric today! I'm just annoyed on how hard it is to find strechy brown fabric! (Darn you boot covers! Daaaaarn youuuuu!) I did get some great suede for her skirt though. I spent a lot of time looking for just the right thing. Why is fabric shopping so hard? @.@

Icetigris
11-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Which FE in Clarine from?

She's from Fuuin no Tsurugi, the 6th game. My avvie is the only official reference pic I had to work with when I made the costume. Here's a semi-decent pic of it: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7947340/

FlowerOfThCourt
11-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Okay thumbs up! :bigtu: I really like your purple fabric! The trim is pretty too!:heart:

Shadow Dragonia
11-28-2005, 01:12 AM
aw, that Clarine costume is really cute. And thanks everyone for the comments on my erk costume, though Matthew came out much better, lol. I really need to get some pics of that one ^^;

gamerpanda
11-28-2005, 01:34 AM
That's a nice Clarine, Icetigris! Especially that staff! Did you make that?

I know what you mean about finding refrence pictures. I only found one for Florina that was official. Also, I tried to find Lute from FE8, but it looks like the only official art from FF8 are Ephrim, Erica, and Tethys. No Lute to be found!! :(

Varnani
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes, unfortunately the only characters who have official art are Ephraim, Eirika, Saleh, Myrrh, Seth, Tethys, Ross, Ewan, Joshua, L'Arachel, and Amelia. :(
I think that's all of them anyway, those are all they gave me in the art gallery in Path of Radiance...

Varnani
11-28-2005, 08:26 PM
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/5271881/206018

This is for the person who said earlier they wanted to cosplay as Ninian. ^^; I didn't know if you already had a reference image or not, but here's a pretty good one. It's large-ish anyway.

http://www.feplanet.net has a lot more pictures in their galleries, but they don't have everyone. You'll also have to check the fan art galleries for a few more touched up scans.

EDIT: The site is currently down. X_x I saved most of the pictures though, so just ask if you can't wait.

Shadow Dragonia
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Theres only 1 official pic for like EVERY Fire Emblem character. thats why I use fanarts too. And I cant find Lute either, I wanted to do her costume too or atleast see what it looks like, it looks cool, but I cant find it!

FlowerOfThCourt
11-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I was looking for some reference pictures for Pricilla, All I found was a teeny picture (Bad quality I might add) And a head shot from the game. And by the by RPGfan (http://www.rpgfan.com) has *some* shots, not all that much though. (Go into the pictures section look up the GBA and go down 'till you find it.)

haruna
11-29-2005, 12:40 AM
If you're into the SNES/SFC era Fire Emblem pics, Nintendo has posted some nice images on their site.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bfej/data/chara/index.html

gamerpanda
11-29-2005, 09:08 PM
I got mine from Drifting-Dreams (http://drifting-dreams.com/FE.htm). She has art book scans and offical art for FE6 and 7. It doesn't have everyone, but lots of pictures.

Shadow Dragonia
11-29-2005, 11:42 PM
OMG!!! the FE6 characters looks so cool, now I wish I had that one ;_;

FlowerOfThCourt
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
OMG!!! the FE6 characters looks so cool, now I wish I had that one ;_;
Agreed. It looks so cool. And since the seventh one is the prequel to the sixth... *sigh*

Icetigris
11-30-2005, 12:48 AM
That's a nice Clarine, Icetigris! Especially that staff! Did you make that?

I know what you mean about finding refrence pictures. I only found one for Florina that was official. Also, I tried to find Lute from FE8, but it looks like the only official art from FF8 are Ephrim, Erica, and Tethys. No Lute to be found!! :(

Thank ye ^___^. Yes, I made the staff. The little thing that holds the orb onto the staff is one of those little wooden flower pots (you know, for making silly craft chochkes) and the orb is one of those clear plastic orbs that comes in 2 halves (I believe it's some kind of mould or maybe a DIY Christmas tree ornament or something). I painted the inside of the orb with transparent glass paint so it looks like a solid transparent orb.

Yeah, FE is problematic with reference pictures. The drawback is that it's hard to be accurate; the benefit is that you can take some artistic liberties. I actually have the FE 6/7 art book and a bunch of pics. Also, you might want to try FESS (http://s7.invisionfree.com/FESS); you may be able to ask someone there.

From my experience with FE cosplay, though, effective design extrapolation generally involves assuming symmetry of designs and shape and just being able to identify certain general things like A-line skirts, sleevelessness, presense of princess seams, etc.

Have you guys done any preliminary sketches?

Shadow Dragonia
11-30-2005, 02:48 AM
Have you guys done any preliminary sketches?

prelim...wha? please use small simple words for me (though I AM reading this at 2:48 in the morning, lol).

Takemaru
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm only familiar with Roy and Marth. I might cosplay as Marth in the future. I wish I knew how to make his sword though.

Icetigris
11-30-2005, 04:05 PM
prelim...wha? please use small simple words for me (though I AM reading this at 2:48 in the morning, lol).

You know, sketches to plan out what the costume is going to look like. Design sketches.

I always draw at least a front and back view of the costume I'm going to make, as well as details that I'm particularly interested in/concerned about.

Varnani
11-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Luckily for me, I can see the back of Jaffar's costume already...
Oh, wait, that means I can't see the front. Oh woe.

Thanks for the sites, btw. ^^;

gamerpanda
11-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Luckily for me, I can see the back of Jaffar's costume already...
Oh, wait, that means I can't see the front. Oh woe.

XD !!!

You know, sketches to plan out what the costume is going to look like. Design sketches.

I always draw at least a front and back view of the costume I'm going to make, as well as details that I'm particularly interested in/concerned about.

...well, I'm not so good at drawing... unfortunatlly... -_-;;

Do you make yours from patterns or just from scratch? Florina (http://drifting-dreams.com/FE/Florina.jpg) seems simple enough to me. ...maybe I need to learn to make some sketches, though... >.>?

Just doing some more pic searching. Check out this one (http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/fudepen/hec/dokiura.jpg)! O.O

Shadow Dragonia
12-01-2005, 01:33 AM

ooohhhh, nope. I wing it. I usually plan it out in my head then just do little by little and alter what I need till it looks good. ^^;

Icetigris
12-01-2005, 02:14 AM
XD !!!

...well, I'm not so good at drawing... unfortunatlly... -_-;;

Do you make yours from patterns or just from scratch? Florina (http://drifting-dreams.com/FE/Florina.jpg) seems simple enough to me. ...maybe I need to learn to make some sketches, though... >.>?

Just doing some more pic searching. Check out this one (http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/fudepen/hec/dokiura.jpg)! O.O

No, I find patterns that are as close as I can get them and then I butcher them until I have what I want. For example, for Clarine's costume, I butchered a vest pattern with princess seams that buttoned up the front and had a normal shirt collar. Well, I needed the princess seams for shape, the hem was just about right, and the facing for the collar was something I couldn't BS, but I made a new collar based upon the one that came with the pattern, joined the front together as a seam instead of a button-up front, and lengthened the hem just a little bit so it matched Clarine's costume.

You don't necessarily have to be good at drawing to make a useful preliminary sketch. It's just for you to start thinking about how you want to do the costume. It helps me figure out where it's going to take the most effort to mess with the pattern, what materials to use, and how to go about doing things (like the insanely intricate hem designs) that are almost to truly impossible in real life. Florina's costume is relatively simple, but keep in mind that finding an appropriate pattern to butcher and deciding on materials might not be that easy.

Do you guys want to see some of my preliminary sketches and scrawlings?

FlowerOfThCourt
12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah I would like to!

But I'm just glad i'm not the only one who does this! I always draw out my plans for a costume, to see if think I can make it and to dissect the parts and the details. I think they really help me. But as to making them, to each his own I guess. In my mind I'm an OK artist but no Picaso. So I think I can draw most costumes deacently. And Gamer panda do you want me to try to do one of Florina for you?

Shadow Dragonia
12-02-2005, 01:23 PM
crap, I curse the new FE on gamecube. Because of it, I now have another costume to do!!! lol, yup aparently Soren has made it onto my list. I think I have a thing for magic users and archers, lol

FlowerOfThCourt
12-02-2005, 07:21 PM
XD Yeah I know what you mean! I can watch my brother play a game and want to do a character. (Without even touching the game myself!) When I actually play the game is when I get really into it.

Varnani
12-02-2005, 07:52 PM
I know how that feels. >>; I'd like to do a few from the Gamecube FE too, more specifically, Shinon and Janaff. And Tibarn. And Volke. And Ranulf. And Haar. And so on and so forth. Haa.

KazeChan
12-02-2005, 07:57 PM
ouu, I am also currently working on my fire emblem costume (Prince Marth) I love the idea of your costume, I support it. <3

sasukegenin
12-03-2005, 09:20 AM
hell yeah! go path of radiance!

Shadow Dragonia
12-03-2005, 10:12 PM
No, bad, bad path of radiance! (not really, I LOVE it) look at my costume list and you'll figure out WHY I dont need another FE game giving me costume ideas. I'm like, packed with costumes for the next 2 years >.<

Yucari
12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm an Erk cosplayer, myself. *points to gallery* I don't plan on making any other FE costumes for myself, but I do plan on making Erk perfect down to the very last detail. I also might make a Rath costume for my boyfriend.
*salutes FE cosplay*

Shadow Dragonia
12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
All Hail the Mighty Mages!!! XD

forgive me, for I am hyperly crazy at the moment ^^;

Varnani
12-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I hold fast to the thought that bishops pwn mages. :x Hehe.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Archers are the best of them all! *Gets zapped and singed* Yow!

(100th post w00t!)

Shadow Dragonia
12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
bishops pwn mages??? BAH, NEVA!!! XD

But I shall agree that Archers can kick so serious butt, as long as there not being used by an idiot (aka-my brother). My bro can not keep any long distance attacking people alive. By brother has lost every Archer and magic user he's gotten in Path of Radiance, lol

sasukegenin
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM
pft, anyone with a sword owns them all

Varnani
12-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Wyvern Lords > everyone else
But that's just my opinion. :P

I just think bishops are a bit better than mages since they have higher RES. Y'know, so they don't take magical damage? Har-har.

But we're getting off-topic here. So to put us back on-topic, I bought the perfect pattern for Shiva(FE4, myrmidon/swordmaster)'s coat.

Reference picture (http://myspace-224.vo.llnwd.net/00345/42/25/345845224_l.jpg)

How are everyone elses' quests going?

haruna
12-07-2005, 02:26 AM

Still looking for one of those Chinese Dress patterns to hax for Lyndis.
I'm kind of wondering if there's something else out there that would better suit my needs.

I figure I'd do the collar pattern sewing some ribbons on but I'm reluctant to get ribbons until I've got a better idea of how much I need. @_@

gamerpanda
12-07-2005, 03:15 PM

YES!!

And Gamer panda do you want me to try to do one of Florina for you?

Thanks for the offer, but I'd better learn to do it myself if I'm ever going to be a good cosplayer!! ^_^

I also might make a Rath costume for my boyfriend.
*salutes FE cosplay*

WOO! Rath is hawt!

FlowerOfThCourt
12-07-2005, 03:27 PM
bishops pwn mages??? BAH, NEVA!!! XD

But I shall agree that Archers can kick so serious butt, as long as there not being used by an idiot (aka-my brother). My bro can not keep any long distance attacking people alive. By brother has lost every Archer and magic user he's gotten in Path of Radiance, lol
Sad very sad... My brother is not very good either. In the seventh one he killed Florina on her intro level! Oy.

And getting back on topic, I'm making Rebecca's armor currently. I finished the skirt. (I might alter it later to reduce the flare and mini skirt a-fy it) I finished the gloves. (I made one and am going to steal one of my Dad's.) And the bow.... Agaa! I have a cheapie plastic one I got a couple years ago, my dad said he might be able to make one but, I kinda want to do it my self. *siiigh*

gamerpanda
12-07-2005, 04:18 PM

I found a dress patern at my local craft/fabric store. It's a very simple one that I'll have to alter just a bit. The thing I'm worried about is the gloves....I hear gloves are very hard to make.

I'm "between jobs" right now, so I can't buy any fabric at the moment... T_T

Yucari
12-07-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm still looking for some cheap gloves I can cut the fingers off for Erk gloves, a new wig, and new boots.

Tenebrae
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Still looking for one of those Chinese Dress patterns to hax for Lyndis.

Do you have a reference pic? I might be able to suggest something.

-Tenebrae.

haruna
12-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Do you have a reference pic? I might be able to suggest something.

-Tenebrae.

Yessiree! The pattern I got had a dress that had a similar collar but it didn't open along the right side. Some of the dresses that go that way don't have 2 slits on the skirt either.

http://www.feplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=14

I'm more of a prop and jewelry maker than a seamstress.
One of those "Dummies" level patterns would be preferable. ^^;;

This dress (http://bag10pr000.auc.bbt.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/9/5/0/hira_syoku-imgbatch_1133505874/399x600-2005051000005.jpg) looks like the closest thing I've seen; if there's something closer, I'd love to see it!

gamerpanda
12-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm still looking for some cheap gloves I can cut the fingers off for Erk gloves, a new wig, and new boots.

The bad thing about Florina is that she has two different side/color gloves. I suppose that I could buy some white gloves and cut them and dye them, but one has to match her armor/boots exactly, and I was wanting to make them some sort of velveteen or something lush. I am afraid I'm going to have to make them...*is scared*

FlowerOfThCourt
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
The bad thing about Florina is that she has two different side/color gloves. I suppose that I could buy some white gloves and cut them and dye them, but one has to match her armor/boots exactly, and I was wanting to make them some sort of velveteen or something lush. I am afraid I'm going to have to make them...*is scared*
Don't be! It's OK! I found this link looking through the forum's http://www.glove.org/myfirstgloves.asp so that might help! Expect some trial and error though! Good luck!

Varnani
12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
And getting back on topic, I'm making Rebecca's armor currently. I finished the skirt. (I might alter it later to reduce the flare and mini skirt a-fy it) I finished the gloves. (I made one and am going to steal one of my Dad's.) And the bow.... Agaa! I have a cheapie plastic one I got a couple years ago, my dad said he might be able to make one but, I kinda want to do it my self. *siiigh*

Do you have any pics taken of it? I'd like to see how you went about it...I mean, did you manage to find pleather or something? My Joanns never have pleather, except for car seat stuff, and that's usually in red. Big help there. /sarcasm

gamerpanda
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Don't be! It's OK! I found this link looking through the forum's http://www.glove.org/myfirstgloves.asp so that might help! Expect some trial and error though! Good luck!

Thanks, We'll see if I can do that once I get some fabric. I might just buy some cheap cotton or somethng from Wal-mart and practice a couple times...

FlowerOfThCourt
12-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Do you have any pics taken of it? I'd like to see how you went about it...I mean, did you manage to find pleather or something? My Joanns never have pleather, except for car seat stuff, and that's usually in red. Big help there. /sarcasm
Sadly when I posted that it was before I realized it was too small! :bigcry: But I'm using vinyl for it. (It was the perfect color and it was cheap.) And Joann's usually doesn't have it, for some reason. (I have a really big Joann's near me and it does not have much more than broad cloth.) I got mine at Hancock fabric's. I'm going to re-cut the piece's tonight or tomorrow. I can get it decent by tomorrow then I'll add some picture's. And I'll explain how I did it too.:bigtu: I caught a cold so I'm being lazy for now.:sleep:

Shadow Dragonia
12-10-2005, 02:28 AM
that actually didnt look too bad. Better then what I would have came out with atleast ^^;

Tenebrae
12-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Yessiree! The pattern I got had a dress that had a similar collar but it didn't open along the right side. Some of the dresses that go that way don't have 2 slits on the skirt either.

http://www.feplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=14

I'm more of a prop and jewelry maker than a seamstress.
One of those "Dummies" level patterns would be preferable. ^^;;

This dress (http://bag10pr000.auc.bbt.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/9/5/0/hira_syoku-imgbatch_1133505874/399x600-2005051000005.jpg) looks like the closest thing I've seen; if there's something closer, I'd love to see it!

Kind of reminds me of the Ao Dai pattern that ZiggyB says he used for his Gilgamesh outfit:
http://www.folkwear.com/139.html

Here are some finished Ao Dai for sale:
http://aodaivinh.com/index.php?cPath=24_47

Never heard of Ao Dai until ZiggyB mentioned them in his Gilgamesh cosplay pics - always figured these were just a Chinese cheongsam variant...

-Tenebrae.

sasukegenin
12-10-2005, 05:49 PM
... well I figured out how to make the cape after many failures. If I ever get a digital camera I'll show u guys lol

Varnani
12-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Sadly when I posted that it was before I realized it was too small! :bigcry: But I'm using vinyl for it. (It was the perfect color and it was cheap.) And Joann's usually doesn't have it, for some reason. (I have a really big Joann's near me and it does not have much more than broad cloth.) I got mine at Hancock fabric's. I'm going to re-cut the piece's tonight or tomorrow. I can get it decent by tomorrow then I'll add some picture's. And I'll explain how I did it too.:bigtu: I caught a cold so I'm being lazy for now.:sleep:

I didn't get to see it. T_T Oh well.

Shadow Dragonia
12-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I didn't get to see it. T_T Oh well.

check the gallery, thats what I did.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah I added that the day after I posted, here's a link though http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=543506 and thanks for the compliment Shadow_Dragonia!

And as promised I will explain what I did! I took the bodice of simpicity 5645 (http://www.simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=5645) for my base-(I used a girls size because I can still fit into a 16, you can proably use a bodice from a like dress if you need bigger) And I cut it all out. After that I used bias tape for the white lines in the picture- (There is more, such as on the sleeves but I need to buy some more to finish.) I sewed it together and that's pretty much it. (I'm still figuring out how to do the collar)

And by the way does anyone know what those clasp-ish things on the armor are? (http://rpgfan.com/pics/fire-emblem-rnk/art-013.jpg) The brown things that go over the white? I can't figure out what they are.

gamerpanda
12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
...are you talking about that little strap that goes across the breast?

If not, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If so, I think it holds her sholder armor on, or maybe holds her bow behind her back.... maybe...

FlowerOfThCourt
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
...are you talking about that little strap that goes across the breast?

If not, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. If so, I think it holds her sholder armor on, or maybe holds her bow behind her back.... maybe...
No not that. Those brown things just below the collar, above the strap. They look sort of like some stitches maybe? It seems to hold together the front of the armor. Here i'll out line 'em. http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=rebeccaclap44.JPG

Varnani
12-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I think they're fat stitches. I could be wrong.

Nice job on the armor, by the way. ^^

FlowerOfThCourt
12-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I think they're fat stitches. I could be wrong.

Nice job on the armor, by the way. ^^
Thank you!

And yeah, I think if I can sew some leather stringish-things on it it might look right. *shrugs* I know that people who make saddles use these uber thick needles to sew thick leather strings on it. Maybe something like that..?

Varnani
12-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Or you could punch holes in it with a belt hole puncher(That is so not the right name for it), and thread the leather strip through that way.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Or you could punch holes in it with a belt hole puncher(That is so not the right name for it), and thread the leather strip through that way.
True. Or I might just use brown thread and sew it many times over to look thick.... Ah the possibilitys! :toothy: And I have no idea what the right name is for it either, so i'll leave it at that. Heck maybe even a paper hole punch whould be strong enough. Now I have lots of ideas! But what to do? :confused: Time for trial and error with spare fabric! :skidude2:

haruna
12-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Kind of reminds me of the Ao Dai pattern that ZiggyB says he used for his Gilgamesh outfit:
http://www.folkwear.com/139.html

Here are some finished Ao Dai for sale:
http://aodaivinh.com/index.php?cPath=24_47

Never heard of Ao Dai until ZiggyB mentioned them in his Gilgamesh cosplay pics - always figured these were just a Chinese cheongsam variant...

-Tenebrae.

Whoa. I've been barking up the wrong tree all this time, I figured Lyn's garment was an altered Chiyongsam as well. =0

Thank you for showing me the errors of my ways. ^o^
Ooh, sweet, this is even better than the Chinese patterns I have by a land slide. But man that slit goes up there. X_x

Shadow Dragonia
12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
FlowerOfThCourt, I just noticed you signature (unless I did before and forgot). Fiora!! Sister!!! *glompage* XD

...I am stupidly random tonight, forgivith meh ^^

FlowerOfThCourt
12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
FlowerOfThCourt, I just noticed you signature (unless I did before and forgot). Fiora!! Sister!!! *glompage* XD

...I am stupidly random tonight, forgivith meh ^^
*Uber glompage* Yeah I just changed it. I reaaaaly want to do Fiora! But the armor is going to skrew me up. And all those little details... :eeek:

Shadow Dragonia
12-13-2005, 09:46 PM
*Uber glompage* Yeah I just changed it. I reaaaaly want to do Fiora! But the armor is going to skrew me up. And all those little details... :eeek:

I'd help out with the armor, but my first atempt at Farina's armor sucked, so no help there. I have to re-do mine to so if I figure out a good way I'll be sure to share ^^

FlowerOfThCourt
12-13-2005, 10:04 PM
I'd help out with the armor, but my first atempt at Farina's armor sucked, so no help there. I have to re-do mine to so if I figure out a good way I'll be sure to share ^^
Ooooh! Thank you!:bigtu:

Yueri
12-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Im planning Rebecca, my boyfriend is gonna do Matthew and a couple of other friends will do Eliwood and Canas, all from FE7!!! n.n Im very excited, its my boyfrieds first time and the other two friends Ive never been with them in a cosplay group n.n

Wish me luck!!!

BTW: Can anyone tell me a little bit more about Rebecca and Matthew? I mean, their individual stories and then maybe if the are friends or if they dont get along in the minimun?

Help n.n

FlowerOfThCourt
12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Im planning Rebecca, my boyfriend is gonna do Matthew and a couple of other friends will do Eliwood and Canas, all from FE7!!! n.n Im very excited, its my boyfrieds first time and the other two friends Ive never been with them in a cosplay group n.n

Wish me luck!!!

BTW: Can anyone tell me a little bit more about Rebecca and Matthew? I mean, their individual stories and then maybe if the are friends or if they dont get along in the minimun?

Help n.n Oh cool! Another Rebecca! *glomp* As for Rebeccca and Matthew they really don't have a relationship. Their bolth characters but Matthew is kinda hung up on his dead GF. *forgot her name* I think it starts with a "L"? Liyia? Or something like that?

Yucari
12-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Rebecca becomes involved with the war after Eliwood saves her town. She has more of a relationship with Wil than anyone else, I think.

Matthew is an Ostian spy. Leila, his girlfriend, gets killed by the Black Fang and he gets depressed as any normal human being would.

Matthew and Rebecca don't have much of a relationship.

Yueri
12-15-2005, 05:33 PM
I see, so I am guessing then Matthew is very serious or something. in theartwokr he is smiling but maybe he is not that really happy. They tell me Rebecca is a happy girl, i hope so because I want to smile a lot in pics Xd

Varnani
12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I think maybe they had that picture "taken" before Leila died. He's a pretty cheery guy, though, so you don't have to worry about your boyfriend smiling.
Matt hides his pain well. :/

Shadow Dragonia
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM

Wish me luck!!!

Help n.n

dang, I seem to pick the people who other people cosplay too, lol. I am 1 of 2 Erk cosplayers, and now theres another matthew out there. I was even gonna do Rebecca too, lol. As for a back story with those two, there really isnt one. I dont even remember if they even talk to each other ONCE in the game. But their both awesome so I'm sure they'd get along, heh.

Shadow Dragonia
12-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Even after Leila died Matthew was still his usual happy self (hid the pain real well). Serious and Matthew really dont go together. Thats why I love him enough to cosplay him ^^

Varnani
12-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Of course, if you have him and Jaffar support, Matt gets all kinds of mad. Haha. But that's totally off-topic.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Oh guys I need your say on a wig! I'm planning on making Nino and I was wondering if this wig-(http://amphigory.com/wigs_z.html) (http://amphigory.com/wigs_z.html) Would work in Crave color? (Toxic seems too bright) Her hair is pretty close so I think it seems right, but I want to hear what you guys say. Thank ya!

Varnani
12-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Personally, I always thought Nino had neon grass green hair(in-game anyway), but if you want more realistic(? o_O) green hair, go with Crave. If not, go for Toxic.
It might just be my monitor, but I think Crave looks a little dark for Nino. Maybe.

Shadow Dragonia
12-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Craves alittle too dark, but toxics alittle too....WOW. I'd wait till the costume itself was done then get the wig just incase you find something better. But I'd go with Crave over Toxic.

speaking of wigs. if anyone comes across something that'd be good for Matthew, let me know. My Matthew wig is beyond crap. ^^;

FlowerOfThCourt
12-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah I know, but since I'm pretty much planned her out, I'm getting an early start! And its weird how the In game shots are so much brighter than the official art. Maybe Crave would work on Rebecca with a different wig? But for me it was more the style I was looking at then the color. (I can dye it if I need to.) And Matthew hmm... His hair is a bit complicated since it's upswept. Maybe this with some restyling? http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16256&cat=299&page=1 (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16256&cat=299&page=1) Or this one? http://amphigory.com/wigs_guy.html *shrugs* Sorry. not many people make anything like his hair. About anything you find will probably need something redone, unless you commission one. But that route is expensive.

Varnani
12-16-2005, 07:14 PM
I think Crave would work for Rebecca. As for Matt, maybe a bob would work, if you pulled the part over to the side?

EDIT: I just looked at the official art, make that a bob brushed back and with spiked bangs.

http://amphigory.com/wigs_lulu.html

A bit like that, but the color swatches don't match...

Double edit:

Would the green in the middle for these work for Nino?

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5064795P3372103-Wigs/Bob-and-Flip/Grace-Wig-Short-Bob-for-Streetwear-or-Halloween-Costume.aspx

Yucari
12-16-2005, 11:15 PM
I think for next year's otakon I'm getting a new Erk wig, because my old one isn't as accurate as I'd really like it to be. Any suggestions? I may have to get a long one without bangs and cut it myself (thats just fun on a stick right there, really).

Shadow Dragonia
12-17-2005, 02:29 AM
And Matthew hmm... His hair is a bit complicated since it's upswept. Maybe this with some restyling? http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16256&cat=299&page=1 (http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16256&cat=299&page=1) Or this one? http://amphigory.com/wigs_guy.html *shrugs* Sorry. not many people make anything like his hair. About anything you find will probably need something redone, unless you commission one. But that route is expensive.

hm...I might be able to work with that second one. Its a heck of alot better then what I have. But I shall try to re-style the one I have first (probably wont work but its worth a try) ^^

Shadow Dragonia
12-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Thats what I had to do with my erk wig. I had to get a long one and cut it, which is probably why its kinda curly and what not at the ends. Speaking of which, I need a new erk wig too, my wigs color is way wrong. >.<

LadyRedComet
12-17-2005, 02:46 PM
My sister and I are (hopefully!) cosplaying Eirika and Ephraim for Acen2006. We haven't gotten much started, but I'm wondering just how much room people think there is to play with the costume designs? I'm also not 100% sure what a good fabric would be for Eirika's boots. Should I go with something stiff so they will stay up when I make the boot covers, or should I go with fabric that matches the rest of the outfit (I'm talking about texture) and use interfacing on the inside? Also, how does one make bootcovers that high stay up, and would it be okay to put faux laces and eyelets up the back of them?

Wow, I feel like such a loser... so many questions...

Varnani
12-17-2005, 05:10 PM
I personally thought her boots weren't...hard? I mean, kinda like they were high leather(or a similar material? I have no idea. Red pleather, maybe) boots. And as for the costume designs, as long as you're recognizable, I think it'll be okay.
I think sock glue would work for keeping the boots up. Any extra things you add should be fine, too. You can't see the back of her boots anyway, so go ahead and be creative with that part.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Would the green in the middle for these work for Nino?

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5064795P3372103-Wigs/Bob-and-Flip/Grace-Wig-Short-Bob-for-Streetwear-or-Halloween-Costume.aspx
Possibly, it seems to be quite close!

My sister and I are (hopefully!) cosplaying Eirika and Ephraim for Acen2006. We haven't gotten much started, but I'm wondering just how much room people think there is to play with the costume designs? I'm also not 100% sure what a good fabric would be for Eirika's boots. Should I go with something stiff so they will stay up when I make the boot covers, or should I go with fabric that matches the rest of the outfit (I'm talking about texture) and use interfacing on the inside? Also, how does one make bootcovers that high stay up, and would it be okay to put faux laces and eyelets up the back of them?

Wow, I feel like such a loser... so many questions...

Streachy things work well for boots covers. (Like spandex) And to keep them up... Elastic? And I dont think faux laces will mess with anything.

Tenebrae
12-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I can never get thigh-high anything to stay up and look right on me. My Teneko outfit had thigh-high velvet stockings. I ended up taking the elastic out of the tops of a pair of velvet stocking and zig-zag stitched them to a pair of flesh-toned bike-style shaper shorts. I put them on like a complete pair of tights. I am going to have to make thigh-high boots for a Jun the Swan costume (from Gatchaman) and will probably try attaching them to a heavier pair of flesh toned bike-style shorts to keep those up as well.
Anyway, that's what I'd suggest. Even regular store-bought leather or PVC thigh-high boots tend to fall down and bunch up and look funny. I'm not so sure interfacing would be enough.

-Tenebrae.

LadyRedComet
12-18-2005, 01:08 PM
I wondered about Eirika's boots, because if I remember correctly from the artwork, her boots are loose at the top. I was thinking stretchy would be good because I'd be able to use faux laces instead of having to lace them up to get them on, and I could also make them like a pair of tights until they get loose at the top. I'm just not sure I can get interfacing strong enough to hold them up and keep them from sagging at the top where they are loose. I also worried that laces might weigh them down in the back and make it look weird.

I suppose I could always attach them to the tights I'll be wearing underneath. I'll have to see how that would work. Thank you for the suggestions!

Shadow Dragonia
12-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Yay, I finally got some pics of my Matthew costume. I dont have the wig on, cause it was late at night, I didnt wanna bother with it, and its crap. And I dont have any full shots yet, so sadly you cant see my awesome boots, lol. But its better then nothing. Heres the link to meh gallery where their at if anyone wants to look.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=31178&member=22205

Yueri
12-19-2005, 09:58 AM
XD my boyfriendis now doing Wil XD its gonna be cool well both be archers... but his belt is cooler than mine!!! T.T XD

Hey, a question for you guys that now alot of fire emblem...
How can I know how the outfits change when they change class?
I mean, what ifI want to do Sniper rebecca? Is there any way to know how her outfit change? Or is the artwork already sniper? T.T questions XD

Shadow Dragonia
12-19-2005, 01:35 PM
only answer I could give is that if you wanna do sniper, just do an original idea of what you think the sniper version would look like. The artwork of rebecca is archer I'm pretty sure.

FlowerOfThCourt
12-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah it is! But, you can go from screen caps of her as a sniper, then try to take some similar things from archer? FEplanet (FEplanet.net) has some sheets of her you might want to try those. Here's a direct link: http://www.feplanet.net/?option=media/sprites/option/; (http://www.feplanet.net/?option=media/sprites/option/battle-sheets&fep=media/sprites&sprite=fe7/battle/sheets/class2/Rebecca_Sniper_Bow.gif&list=media/sprites/list/battle-sheets/normal&letter=R)
Edit: Oh great! A couple days after I posted this FEplanet shut down! Arrg!

Tenebrae
12-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I also worried that laces might weigh them down in the back and make it look weird.

Every time I've seen boots that lace up the back, it's ended up looking bulky and weird. If the character doesn't have the laces, then I'd probably find another way of doing it.

-Tenebrae.

Yucari
12-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Who here is going to otakon next year?

Shadow Dragonia
12-24-2005, 10:52 PM
*raises hand* most likely ^^

Serria
12-25-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm really thinking about cosplaying Ninian... but I don't know if I want to bother with another wig. She's one of my favorite characters though!

Shadow Dragonia
12-25-2005, 07:25 PM
OMG Serria, your squall and zelda costumes rock so much. You'd make a pretty cool Ninian though, you should so do it XD

Yucari
12-25-2005, 09:55 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72073

I really want to get a big Fire Emblem group going, from the whole series in general.

Shadow Dragonia
12-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Matthew shall be at Otakon 06. Unless something happens to the costume or I make a new one, ^^;

FlowerOfThCourt
12-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Serria! DO NINIAN! DOOOO ITTTT! OK i'll stop being a psyco now.... Maybe...
Oh, good luck getting a good gathering going! (So many G's...) I'm so happy, Rebecca's getting close to done! I even know how I'm making the bow. *happy dance*

Shadow Dragonia
12-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Yay weapon props! I wanna find a way to make a 'safe' dagger for Matthew. I love have the characters weapons, it just makes me feel like the costumes actually complete. Though my rooms going to be full of props. I've got Mizukis weapon, Rinoas, I'm making one for my AC version of Yuffie, and I'll eventually have a spear for Farina too. Not to mention staffs and whatnot for other future costumes. ^^;

FlowerOfThCourt
12-28-2005, 11:22 PM
XD Yeah i'm not very good at making props. But since I know what I need and how to use it I think I'm good. And "safe"? What is this word safe? (Just kidding.) I dunno make one out of plywood? *shrugs*

Shadow Dragonia
12-29-2005, 06:00 AM
yeah, shouldnt really say safe. My Mizuki and Rinoa weapons are made out of styrofoam, so they cant really 'stab' anyone, but they WILL scratch you up pretty good. ^^;

I might just cut one out of wood. I get access to alot of little scraps and whatnot that I can pretty much just take from Lowes. If they cant sell it they pretty much dont care. ^^

Yucari
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Insulation foam. I have pictures of my friend Eddie, who dressed as Eliwood, in my gallery. He made his sword out of insulation foam, and it was durable and light and had no chance of hurting anyone. It's easily carve-able and paint-able. You're going to have to make it more sturdy by sticking a rod in it if its a sword or something long, but for a dagger it should be fine on its own.

I need to remake my Fire tome. XD the lettering fell off...

Shadow Dragonia
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
hm...sounds good. Wonder if Lowes has that....I SHALL CHECK!!! ^^

gamerpanda
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh, did the topic die?

How's everyone doing on their costumes. I, unfortunatlly, am out of a job right now or mine would be done already.... *cries*

Tenebrae
01-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh no!
gamerpanda: Hang in there...hope you find something soon.
I think I'm about to either get fired from or quit my own job soon...
Bah.

-Tenebrae.

Shadow Dragonia
01-11-2006, 03:25 PM
My jobs ok, but its really killing my free time. I havent been able to work on any of my costumes for the past month now. But I need to finish up my AC Yuffie before working on anything else.

haruna
01-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Oh, did the topic die?

How's everyone doing on their costumes. I, unfortunatlly, am out of a job right now or mine would be done already.... *cries*

I lost my job too. I ordered the Aoi Dai pattern that Tenebrae so kindly referred me to. It's arrived and I've got a bag of 30-cent-per-yard flea market fabric I bought a long time ago to make a mockup with.

Since I'm not going to have the pants that come with the aoi dai, I've got to bring those slits lower...^^;;
(Yes, I'm a little paranoid when it comes to my own personal modesty...)

glacier-chan
01-12-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm gonna be cosplaying Lyndis for an upcoming con in my area... And I have no clue what to use for the little deisigny thing on her collar. @__@ Can someone help me out?

FlowerOfThCourt
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
On Rebecca: The Armor is done! The skirt is done! I'm going to use some old boots. The gloves are done. The sash is done. I need to get my dad to help me on the bow. I need to get fabric for the kercheif. I need a wig. And I need to finish my quilver. *pant pant* OK!

Glacier-chan: Fabric paint, or sew on bits of fabric? *shrugs*

haruna
01-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm gonna be cosplaying Lyndis for an upcoming con in my area... And I have no clue what to use for the little deisigny thing on her collar. @__@ Can someone help me out?

I'm also planning to go as Lyndis. \^o^/
My current plan is to take some double sided ribbon(some ribbons clearly have a good and bad side) then sew it on. It's gotta be double-sided since I'd flip it over with each zig.
Another was using heat and bond+fabric paint like Sarcasm-hime.

Oh yeah, a note for the spear toters:
Basswood is a lot like balsa wood only slightly heavier but far stronger. It's easy to shape with sanding and carving like balsa but it puts up with a lot more abuse.
If you can't get a block thick enough for your liking, just layer sheets of basswood and glue them. Put a thin sheet of a hardwood in the middle for extra strength, similar to plywood in that respect.

Add some internal threading to PVC pipe sections and you can unscrew all the segments of your spear for easier transport and packing.

Shadow Dragonia
01-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Mwahaha! I have converted yet another of my friends into playing Fire Emblem! And he said he might even cosplay a few characters. I'm so evil/awesome! XD

Imari-chan
01-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I am planning to cosplay a few Fire Emblem characters. Like Mia and Lethe. I have some other planned too. Like maybe crossplaying as Stefan... Not sure when I can get one of these finished I have to see...

Yueri
01-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Sheesh, I need to go get fabric but i might only get to do it after Saturday... damn... Im itching for rebecca who is in like a 5 percent and 0percent on wil T.T

Fullmetal boy
01-26-2006, 07:38 PM
So you're going to maker rebecca? well, here's an arrow tutorial,
http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/arrowtutorial.html

Diedrupo
01-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I cosplayed Kilroy at Anime Expo (I don't remember his american name, but he is the male priest). No pictures because nobody recognized me therefore nobody took my pic. :(

haruna
01-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I cosplayed Kilroy at Anime Expo (I don't remember his american name, but he is the male priest). No pictures because nobody recognized me therefore nobody took my pic. :(

It got changed to Rhys. It's the most drastic name change listed. Well, Wayu-Mia is pretty big, but Wayu? Err...That name seems a bit stupid.

Oh yeah, try the "interactive arrow maker" here just to test things out:
http://www.gatewayfeathers.com/faqs.htm
This site has a bunch of ways you can fletch your arrows. They're pretty technical since their info is aimed at people who plan to make their own arrows for hunting purposes. No pun intended. Heh

CrimsonNataku
01-28-2006, 11:50 AM
It got changed to Rhys. It's the most drastic name change listed. Well, Wayu-Mia is pretty big, but Wayu? Err...That name seems a bit stupid.

Oh yeah, try the "interactive arrow maker" here just to test things out:
http://www.gatewayfeathers.com/faqs.htm
This site has a bunch of ways you can fletch your arrows. They're pretty technical since their info is aimed at people who plan to make their own arrows for hunting purposes. No pun intended. Heh

Senerio being changed to Soren was surprising, but I guess Senerio sounds kinda dumb too ^_^;

Varnani
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Senerio I think was supposed to be like senario...y'know, cause that's his job. Hurr hurr. ^^;

I want to see pics of Rhys! :( Please take some!

FlowerOfThCourt
01-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Heh heh Rebecca is done! http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=577547 I feel so proud! (And I do have a glove but I kept forgetting to wear it in photo's)

200th post w00t!

Shadow Dragonia
02-01-2006, 12:42 AM
OMG, your Rebecca is really cute! That'd be so cool if they made FE plushies, you could carry around alittle Will plushie, yes I'm a Rebecca/Will fan :P hehe

FlowerOfThCourt
02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
I am too! XD Now I wanna make a Will plushie.... And thank you so much! (That costume was a pain....) Now I have to do another FE character... Bwahahaha!

Shadow Dragonia
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
OMG, screw my other costumes. I cant take it anymore I NEED to make another FE costume now!!! I think I'm gonna try to finish up Farnina soon, or start Soren ^^;

Yucari
02-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Well done! :D Are you coming to katsucon or otakon? Please?

FlowerOfThCourt
02-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Well done! :D Are you coming to katsucon or otakon? Please?

When Scottie fixes the transporter I'll be there.... Sadly, since bolth of those are veeeery far from So.cal I won't be able to go. (Heck, my parents think anywhere that takes more than an hour for us to get to is far.) :waaaah:

Shadow Dragonia
02-01-2006, 11:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! darn and I really wanted to glomp ya too, hehe.

actually that really does suck cause I was gonna try to cosplay will some time. that would have been awesome ;_;

FlowerOfThCourt
02-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Whaaaat you where going to do Will?! :''( *depressed*

Shadow Dragonia
02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I want to do one of the Archers really bad. Its between Will and Rebecca, but sense you did Rebecca I was gonna do Will. :bigcry:

Yucari
02-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I have the equivilent of half of a Lucius costume hanging in my closet. It was going to be something else, but I never got what was needed. I'm tempted to either sell it or try and get someone else to finish it and wear it.

Newb_cosplayer
02-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I was going to go as either Ranulf or Nasir from path of radiance curse costumes they are so hard to make!!!

Yueri
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Yay!! At last some WIl and Rebecca progress!!!
The Wil armor is almost done!! Rebeccas is halfway done n.n

Im sooo HAPPY!!!!

Yucari
02-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Post some pictures!

FlowerOfThCourt
02-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Yes! Post Yueri, post! (And Shadow_Dragonia I really want to see how you will make Will! I'm so punny! XD)

Shadow Dragonia
02-07-2006, 11:08 PM
(And Shadow_Dragonia I really want to see how you will make Will! I'm so punny! XD)

Oh no....its happening....must.....resist.......GAH!!!

Ok, its official, Will will be cosplayed :bigtu: hopfully for AnimeNext 2006, if I get my Black Waltz 3 costume done with time to spare that is ^^;

FlowerOfThCourt
02-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Yaay! My evil plan worked! W00t! XD

Shadow Dragonia
02-08-2006, 03:10 PM
curse your evil plan, now I wanna say the heck with my BW3 costume and just start on Will, but I cant do that. Why must Fire Emblem characters be so awesome :bigcry:

FlowerOfThCourt
02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
'Cause Fire Emblem Pwns everything! XD (Well mostly...)

Shadow Dragonia
02-09-2006, 11:16 PM
'Cause Fire Emblem Pwns everything! XD (Well mostly...)

no no, no mostly. Fire Emblem definitly owns meh soul. ^^

LokiPunk
02-10-2006, 01:08 PM
my roomates have declared that I could be soren, I havent played the game for more that 10 mins

FlowerOfThCourt
02-12-2006, 03:38 PM
no no, no mostly. Fire Emblem definitly owns meh soul. ^^

Okay then... FIRE EMBLEM PWNS JOO ALLLLLLL! Ahh I feel better.

I'm trying to figure out who to cosplay next:confused: . Nino maybe.

AquaHaute
02-12-2006, 07:06 PM
The boyfriend and I were going to go as Hector and Lyndis this year, but couldn't figure out how to manage some of it - but we're intending to do it next year for sure.

tramsosMAI
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
My best friend and I are currently planning Mist and Lethe from Paths of Radiance for May... haven't started yet, though.

Shadow Dragonia
02-21-2006, 12:35 AM
AC Yuffie is finally finished so now I can start something else. I think I might actually start Will soon ^^

Varnani
02-22-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm about 75% done with Shiva's duster now...
I need to get more fabric, cause right now I only have one sleeve. o_O

puddlepiratetom
02-22-2006, 11:24 PM
The boyfriend and I were going to go as Hector and Lyndis this year, but couldn't figure out how to manage some of it - but we're intending to do it next year for sure.
What are you having trouble with? I pulled off an all right Hector costume. If you need any hints with the armor, like materials or patterns, I would be happy to help!

If your problems lie with Lyn, well I have no more experience than you.

AquaHaute
02-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Our problem is mostly what to make the armor out of without going broke.

Shadow Dragonia
02-23-2006, 06:19 PM
yes yes, if you have an easy way to make armor that wont kill anyones wallets please share. I know I could use some information like that and I'm sure I'm not the only one either ^^

puddlepiratetom
02-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Now, Hector actually had it kind of easy, since his armor never curves in more than one direction at once, so it is possible to make it out of flat, bendable materials. I used cardboard for the backing, and kept any curves in place with aluminum rods. Just hot-glue the hell out of it. It should hold. You want to go for thick cardboard so it can stand up to at least a little punishment, but make sure it is single ply, since the two ply stuff will crease if you bend it at all.

For the visible part, I found sheets of black vinyl at a fabric store. There was a shiny side and a flat side. You'll want to have the flat side facing out. I cut out shapes of it to go over the cardboard. I learned that the shiny side is incredibly resistant to super-glue. The stuff's like teflon! Your best bet is to staple the edges to the cardboard, and hide the staples underneath the gold trim.

Speaking of, the trim was strips of 1/8" thick foam that I covered in gold paint. You should be able to find this material in any arts and crafts store for about a dollar per sheet.

I'll warn you, the shoulder pieces, and especially the elbow pieces are tough, You have to cut out the shapes perfectly so they'll come together to make a 3-D piece that doesn't look like crap. Just practice cutting it out on paper or something really cheap and easy to work with. Once you find a pattern you like, transfer it to a tougher material. Luckily, all the seams are covered up by the trim.

As far as how to attach the armor to you, I used strips of fabric to adhere the pieces together. The shoulderpads are actually haning off the collar, the straps of which are covered up by the cape. The chest piece is similarly hung from the collar.

Here's a picture that shows a lot of the detail of my armor. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/thedarkjedi/P4080115.jpg)

Here's a close-up of the shin-guards. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/thedarkjedi/P4080117.jpg)

This one shows the upper-torso assembly. (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/thedarkjedi/P4080116.jpg)

I hope this helps! I look forward to not being the only person in existence ever to cosplay as Hector!

Yucari
02-25-2006, 10:25 AM
TOM why don't you have AIM?! Dx

...Also, uploading some more pics from katsucon to my gallery of Erk and Serra if anyone wants.

haruna
02-25-2006, 02:01 PM
If done carefully, tag board can be made into good looking armor (http://ww21.tiki.ne.jp/~emiemi/p060129-01.html).

Corregated cardboard(your average cardboard box) doesn't always bend too gracefully unlike tag board. I've used loads of hot glue+some wire meshes to re-enforce curves made with tag board for sculpture class. I wouldn't recommend chicken wire(made that mistake once...) becaues it's a pain in the butt to work with. Chicken wire likes to bend in all sorts of crazy directions, making it very difficult to tame. Get something similar to these meshes. (these) The costs may seem fairly high, but I didn't end up using too much.

puddlepiratetom
02-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds like your methods are really similar to mine, though I'm curious how they got the 3-D curves in there without any seams. Also, do you know what the surface is made out of, is it paint?

Anyway, those costumes were at least equals to my costume, though probably more. Are you one of those girls?

FlowerOfThCourt
03-07-2006, 12:49 PM
*Phoenix down* Whew that was a close one. I don't want to see this thread die! And I'm kind of thinking of doing Mist from Souen no Kiseki, I've never played it but she's so cute! I'd just have to figure out her tunic thing...

haruna
03-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Souen is a very fun game; if you've got a Game Cube, play it!
If you beat it, you can unlock a nice art gallery with large versions of every party members' illustrations. If only I could get you my save some how...

Ever thought about cosplaying Ilaice/Ilyana(think purple)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gfej/cha05/index.html

Ena is somewhat tempting, especially if I could get a good reference:
http://bonyalist.moe-nifty.com/bonyalist/images/ina2.jpg

Shadow Dragonia
03-09-2006, 01:15 AM
you all have permission to kill me for saying this, but I have a Game Cube, I have the game, I've had it for a few months, and I have yet to play it *hangs head in shame*

But I watched my brother play it enough so its almost like I've been playing it.....er.....or not ^^;

Anyways, going out tomorrow to gather supplies, shall start on Will ASAP ^^

along with about 3 other costumes *dies*

haruna
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I got the game at launch but left it sitting around for a week or so. I was pulling crazy hours at work then I had all the time in the world to play afterward.

For anyone interested in doing old school FE cosplays, I found a nice set of refernces based on the Trading Card Game:
http://aquantis.tripod.com/FEcards.html

Enjoy!

Diedrupo
03-15-2006, 01:39 AM
so anyone planning fire emblem cosplay at anime expo?

Shadow Dragonia
03-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Anyone have ideas one how to make a 'good' bow? Will needs a weapon :bigcry:

Yucari
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Try a costume shop.

Also, I've got a Wil for Otakon, so it'd be real nice if you could wear Matthew for the photoshoot(s).

Shadow Dragonia
03-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Also, I've got a Wil for Otakon, so it'd be real nice if you could wear Matthew for the photoshoot(s).

*sigh* very well, I just need to fix alot of stuff with him. Thinking back on it, I really did rush alot of things with matthew. And considering his belt and boots are falling apart, yes, I need to re-make a few things. ^^;

Yucari
03-17-2006, 03:30 PM
^^; I'm trying to get a private shoot so I don't want duplicates of characters. My Wil is also in my skit, and he's started on his costume, so I don't want to make him change his character. Also, please post in the FE otakon thread about what time is best for you.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
03-17-2006, 04:45 PM
^^; I'm trying to get a private shoot so I don't want duplicates of characters. My Wil is also in my skit, and he's started on his costume, so I don't want to make him change his character. Also, please post in the FE otakon thread about what time is best for you.
I'll bring my Pent since it hasn't been debuted yet ^^ and I need to go play the game again cause it's been a while XD

Yucari
03-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Someone bump the Ota thread, pleeeeease. *begbeg*

I've been playing the game. Stuck on 18x because of stupid mistakes.

Varnani
03-17-2006, 07:45 PM
so anyone planning fire emblem cosplay at anime expo?

Me, hopefully.

Rush Eloc
03-19-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm pretty interested in tryin' an FE cosplay. Can't decide on which character though (maybe Brom because I'm kinda on the chunkie side at the moment). By the way, did anybody else think that Soren was a girl from the early screen shots?

Edit: Here's a place with tons of FE character pics.

http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/

Varnani
03-20-2006, 10:55 PM
What about Gatrie?

And in Fire Emblem, I've learned to not assume anything about characters until someone's said "he" or "she".
I thought Titania was an ultra feminine man. So there you go.

Rush Eloc
03-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes... definetly... That applies to a few other series whose names elude my mind at the present time.

FlowerOfThCourt
03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Your conversation made me remember this comic. http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~scharff/comics/thatsjustwrong.html
The first two panels in particular. XD

Rush Eloc
03-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Heh, I was beginning to wonder if I was ever gonna see somethin' like that... It's so true...

Shadow Dragonia
03-24-2006, 04:55 PM
OMG, that comic just pretty much sum'd up not only fire emblem, but pretty much every videogame and/or anime out there with hot pretty boys XD

Varnani
03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
"Oh my god, that horse is sooooo hot!!"

Best part.

Anywho, anyone know where I can get 10" oversized plastic ornaments?

puddlepiratetom
03-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Funny stuff! I thought Legualt was just an ugly chick at first. Meh. I never used him anyway.

Anyway, Sakurcon went well. I donned my Hector costume once again. I met up with a Lucious, marking the first time Hector has ever appeared in a group. Still counting down to Otacon. I told him of the plans, and he is now convinced that he may have to go to that one after all. I guess it really comes down to how easy it will be for him to get there.

Anyway, my pictures will be developed by 11:00 today, and I will post them as soon as I can scan them.

Yucari
03-27-2006, 04:10 PM
TOM TOM TOM TOM. PLEASE GET AIM. NEED TO WORK OUT PLANS FOR OTAKON. Will stop typing in caps now.

puddlepiratetom
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

I friggin' hate AOL, and I would be rather not have to download stuff when other means of communication already exist.

We cannot do this by email or livejournal? Or phone?

All right, I will do it. For you. Don't you feel special?

Anyway, the pictures turned out pretty bad. Maybe I should have used the flash, though the area was pretty friggin well lit. Meh. Once I scan them, I will post them till I can get some better ones on line. I'll see if Photoshop can do anything for them.

Yucari
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Got your PM. Just call if you need me. BE SURE TO COME TO OTAKON GODDAMNIT.

And I can't wait to see pictures. Make sure the Lucius comes, that'd be pretty sweet.

Shadow Dragonia
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
more peoples for Otakonk, yayness. Now I MUST fix up Matthew....oh well, I have time. *dances*

puddlepiratetom
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Shadow, I am SO cosplaying as that lumberjack in your icon. Better than the macaroni that I got.

Now if I could only find someone to do the blue bull with me...

Yucari
04-02-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't. XD

FlowerOfThCourt
04-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I totally missed all the april foolness! Aww. I wonder what I had? XD

I'm currently going through all the blonde FE characters, any suggestions for cosplay? (I feel like I'm always asking this)

And another FE web comic: http://donutpie.magicmissiles.com/toat/index.html?comic=1
(It does make you wonder what Mark was really doing all that time....)

puddlepiratetom
04-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Blonde characters...
Amelia is cute, and really really chipper.
Wait, I think Vaida had blonde has, but she's fugly! And looks like a dyke.
There's Mist, though it's more light brown. I'd love to see a good Mist.

Actually, I can't really think of many blonde characters. Most of them have hair colors like neon pink, or highlighter yellow. Makes your eyes hurt, like any true anime should!

But looking at your pictures, I suspect you'd make a decent Mist or Amelia.

haruna
04-04-2006, 03:54 PM
The older Fire Emblems have a fair number of blonde charas.
I know I suggested Nana from FE4&5 for you on the Suggestions chain thread.
Other old school femmy FE blondes:
FEIV/VI:
Nana(http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bfej/data/chara/nanna.html)
Evale(http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bfej/data/chara/eyvel.html)
Edin(http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/TCG-Scans/fe3-004.jpg)
Lachesis(http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/TCG-Scans/fe3-005.jpg)
Dew yah, it's crossplay...(http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/TCG-Scans/fe5-an-019.jpg)
Pati

FE3:George(blonde sniper, you could pull him off but that crazy curl!) George (http://img179.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/2/7/3/7/wahisa-img441x600-1143023720tm_jyo.jpg)
Yumina (http://kakutei.cside.com/kakutei02.site/game/fe-kao/yumina.jpg)
Neina(http://hostultra.com/~aqua/FE/6-small.html)
Elrean(another crossplay but he gives the girls a run for their money. Where have you seen that before?) (http://kakutei.cside.com/kakutei02.site/game/fe-kao/eluren.jpg)
Linda(her sprite looks blonde, even if her portrait isn't)

FlowerOfThCourt
04-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys! ^.^ this helps a lot!

Fullmetal boy
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
ok, now it's my turn to be helped... lol

well, i'm planing to cosplay Guy from FE Blazing Sword/Rekka no Ken/Game Boy Advance (it's the same lol) ... well, anyway, here is a pic of him... : http://www.rpg-o-mania.net/gallery/fire_emblem/fe-guy.jpg

ok, first problem: I have been looking for some extra `pics but I'm not lucky so I only found 2: the one of the game and other with mathew the thief... do you know where i can find more reference pics of him? if i don't find more i'll have to wonder a lot of this custom....

the other problem, the right sleeve... is it of a different blue? or is just an effect of the image? is it part of the main "robe" (because i don't know if it is a robe or whatever....!!!) or is like a shirt and you can only see the sleeve of it? please somebody answer meee!!!

and the third (and i hope the last ) problem: how can i make the weird traingles of the robe? with a ribbon? or textil paint? or craft foam? waaa

please please please!!! HELP MEEEE!!!!

Diedrupo
04-12-2006, 12:12 AM
thats probably the same blue, just looks different cause of the lighting.

haruna
04-12-2006, 01:27 AM
and the third (and i hope the last ) problem: how can i make the weird traingles of the robe? with a ribbon? or textil paint? or craft foam? waaa

please please please!!! HELP MEEEE!!!!

Make stensils out of craft foam and use a good, non-dimensional fabric paint.

Yucari
05-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Anyone still alive here?

Shadow Dragonia
05-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm alive, just not really been working on any FE stuff lately. ^^;

puddlepiratetom
05-21-2006, 06:33 PM
/checks pulse

Yeah, I seem to be alive.

I guess we just talked about everything. The only thing left to do is wait for Otakon to hurry up and come around.

Umm, I got my sister into the game, and she says it's awesome. Don't expect her to have a costume any time soon, though. She still wants me to do Ganondorf.

sweetvenus
05-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm planning on doing Eirika from Sacred Stones for early next year, but I probably won't be starting on it until after AWA this year.

Yucari
05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Oooooh.

And Tom, make her cosplay! D:

haruna
05-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Yay, I finally have my Ethrin (http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/TCG-Scans/fe3-007.jpg) wig from Cyperous.com!

For one of their "low end" wigs, the quality is astounding. Now to send it off for styling. <3

Oh yah. I've got plenty of WF for the armor and hopefully enough of this funky purple crepe for the cape inside.
Seeing how that ref pic above is my *sole* reference, I wonder what I'm gonna do for the backside of that costume. :P

Shadow Dragonia
05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
*stuck under a pile of yuffie parts and sewing needle induced blood spots* must.....start....fire....emblem....costume.....>.<

haruna
05-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Heya FE fans, I've got some basic sacred staff materials together. OK, I've got a broom stick, a burnt out light bulb I've removed the socket and filament from plus some glass paint. :P

Anyone got any good references for the Silence Staff?

Frying Guy
05-26-2006, 04:38 PM
This is the best locale for official FE fullbod art and good for cosplaying. Though some characters are not here and there isn't much Sacred Stones art...

http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/feartwork/

Yucari
06-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Just got my Erk wig in the mail today. 8D I need to cut it a little bit, but I'll be posting pictures soon.

Admiral_Cecil
06-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Hihi,

I am going as Ike and Eliwood at AX. Pics of my costume, wigs, and swords in my section.

Tenkage-chan
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Aahh... I love Fire Emblem. I've always wanted to do a "The Tactician" costume. Or maybe a Ninian. But designing the costume for "The Tactician" is a little tricky, as the only figure you have to base it off of in the game consists of a few green-shaded pixels. I'm workin' on it, though. After all, the Renfest is the best place to test out fantasy cosplay! So, with any luck, I'll have it made even before NDK! Then, I'll show you guys.

haruna
06-27-2006, 01:52 AM
Hihi,

I am going as Ike and Eliwood at AX. Pics of my costume, wigs, and swords in my section.

Hello,
I'm hitting AX too!
I won't have my FE outfit done in time, but I'll be sure to say "hi!"

~ Toxic 911 ~
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
- Hmm I just thought of a cool cosplay from FE. Perhaps Heath from Fire Emblem 7. That would be quiet difficult. Hmm, Im gonna think on doing that in the near future -

Yucari
06-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Aahh... I love Fire Emblem. I've always wanted to do a "The Tactician" costume. Or maybe a Ninian. But designing the costume for "The Tactician" is a little tricky, as the only figure you have to base it off of in the game consists of a few green-shaded pixels. I'm workin' on it, though. After all, the Renfest is the best place to test out fantasy cosplay! So, with any luck, I'll have it made even before NDK! Then, I'll show you guys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Mgoblue201/Others/femaletacticion.jpg

Theres a fanart of what someone thought the Tactician would look like. Hope it helps!

Tenkage-chan
06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Ooh! That's so cute! I wanted to go for a bit more mature look, though. I have a concept drawing, now, but no real way to post it... Hmm, what to do...

Edit 6/29: Any FE cosplayers attending NDK this year? Especially FE 7? Just wondering.

Yucari
06-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry. My only con until 2007 is Otakon.

AnimeJo
06-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I've got almost all of the supplies to start my Lyn costume. ._.

And Eileek/Eirika is about half finished. Mmm, the dye job on the wig is testing my patience...
And one day I'll finish Nils...

One day...

FE Freak
07-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Im going to be cosplaying as Guy at Oni-con 06.

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/fire-emblem-rnk/art-011.jpg

puddlepiratetom
07-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I need a favor. Does anyone going to Otakon have a spare VCR that they could bring to the con? Or find out if their hotel rooms can play VHS tapes?

I'm bringing... something.

Yucari
07-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Tom, the hotel I'm staying at (the Radisson) has that program set up where you can't watch movies unless you call it from them. I think most hotels have that now, but I could be wrong. And I don't have a spare VCR - if what you were bringing was a DVD I could bring my portable player...

puddlepiratetom
07-07-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry, but I am sure the DVD of it does not exist. It's just way too obscure.

FE Freak
07-08-2006, 11:43 PM
I heard that "bias tape" is used for piping and and hiding raw hems.They do have the iron on kind right?

Yucari
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
FE Freak: I know what it does, but I'm not sure if its iron-on or not. Go to wherever you would be buying it (Jo-Ann Fabrics, etc) and ask them.

Tom: Get on AIM sometime soon, I need to talk to you about Otakon and such. Or I may just call, whatever.

Sirea
07-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I discovered the actual character art (finally) for Olwen today... totally fell in love with her costume, and I decided that I just HAVE to have it. I have an awesome reference picture (below so you know who I'm talking about XP), but does anyone have any good pictures of Rinehart's sword, so I can make it as a prop?

Also: How should I go about doing the cape, with the double-sided colors? And if anyone could help me with the collar of the tunic, that'd be great... and what should I attach the shoulder pads to?

puddlepiratetom
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I've never seen that character before. Which game is she from?

Anyway, the shoulder pads do look tricky. They seem to support the cape, so they're going to have to be pretty soundly attached to whatever they're attached to. The good news is that the cape seems to cover up a lot, so whatever you do to keep them in place will be well hidden. I would actually have them as one piece. Maybe have a spar running between them behind your neck and under the cape. That should keep them from flopping downward under the weight of the cape.

haruna
07-15-2006, 02:46 AM
Ahh Olwen, from FE Thracia 776.
PuddlePirateTom: You can see all the characters here.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bfej/data/chara/index.html

Honestly, her shoulderpads don't look *that* bad. Sure the shape is a little complex but then you don't have to curve it too drastically.
You could make the silver craft foam, drape it over a cardboard tube or a section of a pot and blast it with a heat gun(or hold it near a stove or other heat source) then cut the ornate gold trim out piece by piece and attach it to the base. Cover in vinyl to hide any gaps.

Double sided cape? No problem. Simplicity makes a nice cloak pattern you could use for it. Attach some snaps to the top of the cape and inside of the shoulder pads.

FE Freak
07-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Ok,im about 30% done with my costume now.I already have the jacket made and added the bias tape.Now i need are the triangles cut out and that rectangular sliver of light blue sewed on and im done.As far as the white pants go,im gonna have to go searching for some.Im not too good with pantaloons.