PDA

View Full Version : .hack Subaru -- Satin?

RustyAngel
10-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Good day, all! I would like a few opinions on fabric for my .hack//SIGN Subaru (http://www.marikaroncon.com/images/SubaruHackSign.jpg) cosplay.

Call me a perfectionist, but I am hell-bent on getting the right color for this costume. So far everything I've been able to find is either too blue or too green. (I did find fabric at Joann that would have been PERFECT, but alas, they only had 5 yards, and the pattern I'm using for the long skirt ALONE needs five yards. And I've called SIX OTHER JOANNS in the area and none of them have this particular color! GAR! But I digress.)

So I'm searching and searching, when lo and behold, I come across this Turquoise bridal satin (http://store.trimfabric.com/02-nv-326.html) at Trimfabric.com! A bright light shines down from heaven, and angels' voices sing in chorus! I have ordered a swatch to make sure I love it as much in real life as I do in online form.

Now's the part where I need opinions. What do you guys think about satin for Subaru's outfit? Too shiny? Just right? Also, I'm debating about whether to use the same material for everything, or if I should use something a little more sheer for the sleeves and armwarmers.

Thanks in advance for any opinions. ^_^

Tenebrae
10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
"Casa Satin Teal-Turquoise-Aqua" available in both the satin AND coordinating sheer in "Pool" from joanns.com, perhaps?
I think regular satin is too shiny for her outfit, but they say that Casa Satin is not that shiny. Her outfit really doesn't look shiny at all to me. Then again, the sleeves and armwarmers don't look sheer, but they still have a floaty and thin quality to them. It's up to you if you want to use sheer for the sleeves/armwarmers. I think it would look fine either way.

-Tenebrae.

RustyAngel
10-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the input, Tenebrae. I believe I did see that particular Casa fabric at the store when I was there last, and I think it looked a little darker than what I wanted (although I'm fast losing my resolve to be ultra-picky. ^^; ) I'll take another look at it, though. ^_^

Incidentally, the material I found that I loved was part of Joann's "Silky Solids" line, and the color was "Blue Grotto" and, as far as I can tell, appears to have been discontinued the moment I decided I wanted it. >_<