PDA

View Full Version : (Unfinished) Darren Hayes

Tenshi
02-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I've had this in my sketchbook since Thanksgiving, and I don't think I'm going to finish it ~~;;. Anyways, this is Darren Hayes, formerly of Savage Garden, and my musical obsession ^_^. This is the first time I've shaded with pencils since, oh, '98, so I thought I should try to get into practice again.

http://www.mirager.net/darren.jpg

final testament
02-05-2003, 05:38 PM
NICE!! (Claps like crazy)

BlueLady
02-05-2003, 06:11 PM
I thinks it's time to get into it again for sure...you've got alot of talent..don't let it go to waste

oh and testiment..if you check this..see if your ava has something in common with my personal logo below LOL

Something Lulu
02-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Very nice! I've always found it difficult to go back to pencil after neglecting it for a while. You might want to add more contrast in there, "darken those darks" as my first art teacher in HS used to say. ^_^

ChibiRinoa
02-05-2003, 06:28 PM
oooo awesomeness!! i love savage garden! ive even seen them in concert ^.^ i love the shading, very beautiful!

Lil Dreamer
02-05-2003, 06:29 PM
**nods in agreement with Something Lulu**

yeah... takes alot of perseverance and inspiration to go back to using good ol' pencil.

Nipple. :)

KitsuNessa
02-05-2003, 08:56 PM
mmm I like it...it kinda has a real artsy feel to it too..like it's a little "off" at some parts (doesn't have that "solid" feel to it so much as with other more photographic-like drawings) but it really works...

Tenshi
02-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll keep all this in mind next time I break out the pencils. Heh, my drawing teacher last semester always told me my charcoal drawings were too light as well ^^;;.

Lil Dreamer, your sig banner is great XD. I should sneakily put that on my mom's comp. . .

final testament
02-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by BlueLady
oh and testiment..if you check this..see if your ava has something in common with my personal logo below LOL

Whoa!! Dude, you had the same idea as well I see. (examines Bluelady's back)

ravenkira
02-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Oooooo it's very nice! i have been obsessed with darren hayes/savage garden for about 5 years! lol >_< yeah i'm a dork!