PDA

View Full Version : Remodelling shoes

Vinya
02-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Okay, so this is for my Rinoa-costume. Her shoes look like this: http://rinoa.nu/rinoa/misc/costume9.jpg They're 5-holed-boots that are almost black with ankle straps from each side of the back, close at the front with a silver clip and the soles are black.

However... I have black 10-holed boots to use for this. I've never remodelled shoes before. But I think that I should somehow try to cover the lower part of the boot, so that it would look like there was only 5 holes. If I got the shoe like this, I could then sew the ankle straps with ease, I suppose. But what can I use to cover the shoe with? Leather would be the best, but isn't that awfully difficult to sew? Especially in boots like these. Any ideas?

krystal1314
02-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Hmmm... well for my Rinoa boots, there's about 8-9 holes, but I didn't bother covering it up, lol ^_^ If you want to cover the shoes, I think vinyl would be better than leather cause it's cheaper and easier to sew. Btw, do you know where I can find those silver buckles? I only used cardboard that I spray painted silver, so ghetto fabulous :thumbsup: