PDA

View Full Version : For all of those going what are you cosplaying?

Natchan
11-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Just a thought for all of you going to Comic Con 06, what are you going to cosplay as!?
I will be attending as Advent Tifa, Sailor Saturn (Possibly), and somthing else, just haven't quite decided yet!

SnowDragonX
11-03-2005, 06:25 PM
it's all down on my signature

KFelidae
11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
More than likely I'll be going as Anarky, as the costume's done. I just need to get a better mask, though that's not nessessary.

There's also a slight chance I might go as Rorschach -- that is, if I can find a purple pinstriped suit. 0_o

Chibi-kun
11-04-2005, 12:47 AM
im trying to get my Heine costume intime for comic con but as you can see my schedule is full of cosplays for 06 XD so I will most likely rewear my Anbu costume and oiroke for comic con. though I believe doing a seed cosplay would be awesome...I think ill have to push that back to 07 and that should give me plenty of time to construct master chief and my zaku costume ^___^ (yay for fiber glass XDDD)

Mariks_Dragon
11-13-2005, 12:39 AM
I am only going for one day but I am deciding between Krad, Soubi and Becky. All of these I am wearing at Anime Expo.

Space Invader
11-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Haha. Well, I'm going to be reserving my hotel room and plane tickets in a few days. This is what I plan on having for the con:

~Mirka Fortuna from Trinity Blood
~Amano-version Terra Branford from FF6 (slightly reworked version... new dress / sleeves & boots, new pink cape section / hairbow.... possibly a whole new cape period)
~Amano-version Aerith Gainsborough from FF7
~Umeko from Junko Mizuno's PURE TRANCE (if she's there again this year I'm going to get her to sign it! ^____^)

Aaaaaaand my masquerade outfit, kresnik-form Cain Nightlord from Trinity Blood. Should be interesting, transporting the wigs, armor, and the 9-foot lance :P.

kkoganei1328
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
o wow.......you really are going to do cain!!! :love: Sadly, i wont be going to this con. Please take looooots of pictures though ^_^V

ACXchan
11-16-2005, 10:55 PM
I haven't mapped it all out completely yet but I'll be reprising my three Vertigo musts: The Sandman, Hellblazer, and Lucifer XD

CPOK
03-15-2006, 04:27 AM
I will be going at Commander Yosuke Kadomatsu (the XO of the ship) from Zipang. I plan on having 2 varients of his uniform.

Majin Buu
03-16-2006, 12:14 AM
If all goes well, Blooregard Q. Kazoo (Bloo) will invade Comic-Con. We shall see!!

ycysusan2001
03-16-2006, 03:05 PM
~Mirka Fortuna from Trinity Blood

waaaa~~~ TB~~~ lets meet and take picture~

um... for my cos....
I dont know ^^lll
My friend are thinking about doing South Park... so... probally that...
and other, Il just grab what ever that is complet ^^
Ester,Trinity Blood
Ururu, Bleach
Archer, FFT

Chibi-kun
03-18-2006, 10:44 PM
i gave up trying to decide which costume to wear to comic con XDDD but its most likely a repeat from AX but i plan on debuting atleast 2 new costumes at comic con.

Natchan
03-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I finally have my offical line up for at least 3 of the days!
Prince Diamond (sailor moon)
Tifa Lockhart (FF VII Advent Children)
Sir Integra Wingates Helssing (Hellsing)

I can't wait!

CelestialAurora
04-12-2006, 02:38 PM
i've never been to Comic Con before and i really want to go this year for at least one day. so if i do get to actually go this year, i think i'm going to wear my Ep III Padme costume since i need excuses to be able to wear that costume.

TechieCL
04-13-2006, 12:58 AM
As I am flying only easily transportable costumes for me.

I'm thinking Ron Stoppable (Kim Possible), Chase "Talkback" Stein (Runaways), and possibly Saphirre (Sailor Moon). Though like everything...its up to change if I get hit by major motiviation.

Space Invader
04-15-2006, 01:22 AM
My plans have changed a bit XD. Ah, fickle I am! These are set in stone now though.

~Terra Branford (redo!)
~Amano-version Aerith Gainsborough
~Jane Judith Jocelyn (for the masquerade)

And, if I have time:

~Pink and Gold Waloli
~Kula Diamond

We'll see how things go :P.

Breeface
04-16-2006, 03:14 AM
~ Heather ( Silent Hill 3 )
~ Zidane ( Final Fantasy 9 )
~ L'arc SMILE box ( funny j-rock cosplay xD )
~ POSSIBLY : Dancer nobody ( Kingdom Hearts II )

enajatrian
04-16-2006, 08:25 PM
If i have time than I'll be going as Makita from Red Star

Lyuba-chan
04-19-2006, 02:21 AM
I'll be cosplaying as Red Sonja *yay!!! * and SuperSailorMars, and then Faye Valentine if I get the costume ready in time....

TechieCL
04-19-2006, 12:38 PM
If i have time than I'll be going as Makita from Red Star

OMG! Red Star rules. One of "Dream Cosplays" is a Red Trooper complete with hook.

Hope you bring it; I've only seen one Makita cosplayer and that was years back at Megacon.

starlet_flower
04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
most likely, i'll be:

-Kozue Kaoru(Shoujo Kakumei Utena)
-Quina Quen(Final Fantasy IX)
-Sailor Luna(PGSM)
-May(Guilty Gear. for the masquerade)

Gowa-chan
04-19-2006, 04:55 PM
So far, I'll probably be in Avatar Kyoshi, Mitarashi Anko, and shinigami robes Orihime Inoue. I'm not sure what else i might wear, or if I'll do more than one costume a day.

TheZan
04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm going Friday and Saturday. And I hope to go as AC Cloud and Hollow Ichigo respectively. ^_^ And on Friday, I'll be getting autographs on a sword, so if you see me, gimme a shout and a John Hancock.

enajatrian
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
OMG! Red Star rules. One of "Dream Cosplays" is a Red Trooper complete with hook.

Hope you bring it; I've only seen one Makita cosplayer and that was years back at Megacon.
lol, pm me if you ever make it, cuz i need to see some pics!

Chibi Plush Toy
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Okay, definitely will be going as at least ONE form of Final Fantasy, KH2 Kairi, some original Medieval Princess with my friends, and hopefully one Meru Puri Airi outfit. Hm, one for each day, not too bad. Wasn't really planning on bringing 8923589723489 costumes either! :D

Breeface
04-23-2006, 03:52 PM
most likely, i'll be:

-Kozue Kaoru(Shoujo Kakumei Utena)
-Quina Quen(Final Fantasy IX)
-Sailor Luna(PGSM)
-May(Guilty Gear. for the masquerade)
Quina Quen.. Really?! I've never seen him/her/it cosplayed before XD
I hope I'll run into you while in my Zidane cosplay so we can take pictures~

Ami Yuy
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I probably won't be cosplaying this year, at least not for a whole day. CC is much less receptive to cosplay (unless you're in a Star Wars or popular comic book costume) than anime cons and even though I've worn Eowyn from LOTR the past two years it hasn't been enjoyable at all.

So this year my costume will be me as my normal geeky self and possibly a volunteer. ^_^

Kokuu
04-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't have any plans set in stone, but I'll probably bring Padme, Elizabeth Swann (both my gold dress and my upcoming Elizabeth Swann costume) and Luna Lovegood. It all depends on when I have work that weekend.

TheZan
04-27-2006, 01:39 AM
SDCC is strange about who's respected, though. You see more anime cosplayers getting wierd looks than at most cons. Kinda bugs me that only "American" and "mainstream" games and comics get a lot of exhibition-floor notice...

Breeface
04-27-2006, 03:27 PM
It's been getting a bit better though...
Through the past 3 years or so I've seen an increase in anime/manga cosplays.
I cosplayed Kiba years back at comic con when Naruto wasn't really that big here yet. Only a few people actually knew who I was. I got TONS of weird looks.

I cosplay for the fun and love for what I am cosplaying. <3
Not to get attention. But I won't deny, getting attention is a plus ;D

TheZan
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Even last year it was annoying, though... Grrr.... Ah well. We'll just haveta show em all who's boss! Rar!

Suzushichan
04-30-2006, 12:09 PM
i would like to say more guilty gear, but that stuff ust be reserved for the masquerade (including my JUSTICE costume). hmm...and i think that i'll only be there the day of the masquerade...so i may not cosplay until the masquearde. maybe i'll bust out my "eurobeat princess" again and just wear that for the day until it's showtime...:)
**can't wait to wear justice**

Natchan
05-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Okay everyone I found my fourth costume for the weekend, I'm also going as Sakura Haruno (1st costume). I don't know what day is what yet but we'll find out! :japan:

LadyAmaryllis
05-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I finally decided that I'm coming, but I'm not sure what I'll wear. Depends what I manage to complete and what I end up happy with, lol. My best guess would be probably Padme from Episode II (if I can fix the dress), and a couple other surprises I'm working on right now. I'm trying to dress more "Comic-Con", since I've had the same negative experience as Ami Yuy, but we'll see how it goes.

See you guys there!

Rogue Marvel
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm planing on geeking it out in street clothes this year but I promised some one I would go as the new silk speacture (from watchman) and I may go as ollette if my KH group all goes.

Other then that..maybe Zoe from Dream Fall if I can finish it and since its a farily casual outfit (as is ollette, but it requres masive hair styling)

Chibi Ice Wolf
05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I may be able to go to this. =o AX is out though. ::cries:: But if I do, I've been dying to make some Star Wars costumes, and this would be the perfect opportunity to wear them, I think. ^^

LadyAmaryllis
05-06-2006, 02:35 AM
I may be able to go to this. =o AX is out though. ::cries:: But if I do, I've been dying to make some Star Wars costumes, and this would be the perfect opportunity to wear them, I think. ^^

What?? AX is out!? How can that be? You will definitely be missed. =/ I'll have to look for you at Comic-Con.

AuraGirl
05-07-2006, 07:46 AM
My friend and I will be going as Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens (by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett). The wings are pretty large on those suckers, so they're most likely the only costumes we'll have at the con.

Anyone else aside from ACXchan doing Gaiman (and/or Pratchett) characters?

Moon Prince
05-09-2006, 05:09 AM
I'm only going Saturday most likely... My friend is always like "you don't have to cosplay.. just go in regular clothes" but I'm like "hey, it's a con! I want to be wierd" So I will cosplay.. what? I have no idea...

if I decide to wear "street clothes" or at least comfy stuff.. I'll go as Young Walter from Hellsing or Gao Yellow from Gao Ranger (Japanese sentai version of Power Rangers Wild Force)

If I decide to go all out? Perhaps Jasmine from Deka Ranger (points to avatar, no that is Ayumi Kinoshita the actress not me... Japanese sentai vers of PR SPD) or Eric City Guardian, Power Rangers Time Force.

Neo Dave
05-13-2006, 01:31 AM
ComicCon is were most of my costumes tend to run. Most likely I'll were my Stargate Uniform. I have an Atlantis one I'm working on. I'll also have bring my Jin Roh costume that I just finished.

Mandy Mitchell
05-14-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm only going to be cosplaying at the Masquerade. The skit is a secret for now.

krissypants
05-14-2006, 02:59 PM
It makes me sad that a lot of people don't do Anime/Manga/Videogame cosplays at comic con because they think they don't get respect.
You DO get respect. Unfortunately you may not get it from everyone. But that makes what do you do get so much more doesn't it?
I frankly want to see more of this cosplay. If more of it shows up then maybe it will perk more peoples interests and we'll see MORE of it in years to come ;D
I agree with my friend Breeface's post here. You should cosplay because you enjoy it for the sake of cosplaying ;D

OrionX5
05-16-2006, 02:32 AM
My two main Costumes will be Sagara Sosuke (school uniform, and maybe jumpsuit) and Leon S. Kennedy from RE2 and RE4, I may toss in a Punisher costume because I can.

DEATHlikescats
05-26-2006, 01:53 PM
DUDE! You're cosplaying Red Star? I'm ALL about that comic series. If you need anyone else to cosplay with leme know!

Milai Sapphire
05-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Hmm...if I go this year (since my friend's doing an internship down in SD and if she has room in her apt. we might go for one or two days since I have come back to LA for work...) I might just bring either my Murrue (Gundam SEED), Akazawa (Prince of Tennis), or Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) cosplay. Haven't decided if I'll go yet, so that's IF I go. ^^;;; Although it'd be nice to attend for once. :D

Sagara-san
05-28-2006, 03:58 AM
If I go to Comicon Im gonna bring these cosplays:

Thurman(Yellow Black face) Baseball Furies Warchief-The Warriors

Random Warrior-The Warriors

Simon Tam-Firefly/Serenity

AuraGirl
05-30-2006, 02:35 AM
My two main Costumes will be Sagara Sosuke (school uniform, and maybe jumpsuit) and Leon S. Kennedy from RE2 and RE4, I may toss in a Punisher costume because I can.

You're going as Sousuke? Can't wait to see it! I looked at some of your photos in your gallery, I think you'll make a fantastic Sousuke ^_^ Hopefully I'll bump into you sometime and have a chance to get some photos.

OrionX5
05-30-2006, 11:45 AM
You're going as Sousuke? Can't wait to see it! I looked at some of your photos in your gallery, I think you'll make a fantastic Sousuke ^_^ Hopefully I'll bump into you sometime and have a chance to get some photos.

Cool, well I'll be volunteering the full week and I'll be active on her so I can see if anyone is about. My main concern right now is making sure the school jacket comes in on time.

Ohh and I'll be doing a group Firefly Serinity cosplay...we need a simon and book and river...Zoey, well all the female cast reall. I'll be going as a reaver since I'm too short for Jayne. We have a mal, jayne and two others.

Crimm
05-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll be going as Hinamori Momo (Bleach) on Saturday.

KFelidae
06-03-2006, 02:22 AM
May or may not have changed my mind. Had originally intended to go as Anarky, but now am not so sure. The costume's done and all, but I don't know if I want to attract attention.

May simply be ninja and go as Tasky.

kelldar
06-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I love costuming at SDCC... sure it's no Dragoncon, but it's fun.
I'm bringing 4 different Princess Leia costumes (ANH, animated, ceremonial, and metal bikini), Mustafar Padme, my Stormtrooper, Ultimate X-Men Rogue, and Dark Phoenix. Whee :)

ApolloNoUta
06-16-2006, 11:31 AM
I am going to go as Nicholas D. Wolfwood and it will be my first time going to a Con in cosplay. (I have been to the Con before, I just didn't dress up.) I wil get a picture up soon.

TR Rose
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure what all I'll have done for the con, but tentatively here's what I'm bringing:

Princess Peach - Super Mario Bros.
Link - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Jessie of Team Rocket - Pokemon
Belle - Kingdom Hearts 2
Princess Peach - Mario Party/Super Princess Peach version (if it's done in time)

This is going to be my first time going to Comic-con, can't wait to see what it's like!

ApolloNoUta
06-16-2006, 12:39 PM
It is totally worth it! Comic-Con is awesome, and it'll probably be even better when cosplaying!

Cmdr. Voltaire
06-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I will be bringing my one and only costume, Commander Voltaire. Its non-canon Cold Assualt Commander! Can't wait! Its gonna be a blast!

systemerror5150
06-18-2006, 04:17 AM
I'll be going as an Independent Browncoat from Firefly on Saturday, and possibly a pirate on Sunday, if I do attend on Sunday.

BrianAnim
06-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Friday - Stargate sg-12 uiform
Saturday - Genma From Naruto
Sunday - British SAS opertive.

Moon Prince
06-26-2006, 06:09 AM
My friend always tells me to just hang out and not cosplay. I say 'bah!'.. so I'm going to most likely wear my Young Walter costume.

Dr.Noe
07-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Actually bringing light costuming this year.
Agent Smith
Joker (possibly "Killing Joke")
Mal -
And, finally, making its debut: Crimson Guard from GI Joe (have to give it a test-run before Dragon*Con)

MamochiZabuza
07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Being the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek, I've been concentrating more on the DS9 uniform than anything else. Have a PADD this year, and working on getting that tricorder. I also found my phaser deep in the realms of my car's messy trunk.

Then there was just making a random appearance as Death. But, don't know if they'd allow the 6-foot wooden and sheet metal (not sharpened) scythe I have. Any opinions on that?

Other than that, I suppose I can pretend to be a straight boy. I'll take my Zabuza stuff, but I don't think I'll be doing him since I figure it'll be extremely predominant with American release this year.

MamochiZabuza
07-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Maybe, I'll do my Neo thing just to offset your Agent Smith...

Dr.Noe
07-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Very cool. I'll probably be doing Smith on Thursday to kick off the con, so to speak.

demifiend
07-05-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking about doing my Albel, even though my sig says I plan to improve it and take it, SDCC doesn't really strike me as a pleasant venue in which to cosplay. For me, a young man walking with a slit up his thigh higher that most women at the con would consider doing makes me a black sheep...
Still, I'd hate to think I botched it that bad at Anime Expo, but I don't even want to post the photos I took.

Mako-san
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Actually bringing light costuming this year.
Agent Smith
Joker (possibly "Killing Joke")
Mal -
And, finally, making its debut: Crimson Guard from GI Joe (have to give it a test-run before Dragon*Con)

sweet Crimson Guard!! I loof forward to seeing you! I'm doing Cobra Commander but i'm not sure what day we are wearing our Gi Joe costumes! I'll have to ask!

ChibiKibi
07-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm going as Kotoko from Chobits.... :)
Coz I look a lot like her....SHORT AZN POWER!!! XD

DarkReflection
07-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Lets see, I'm pulling off my Sasukes on Thursday, Friday could be my Tsubasa Chronicles Syaoran maybe FFVII AC Cloud (If my friend forces me into that costume), Saturday will be my Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora, and Sunday Maybe a repeat of one of the above.

L to the 3rd
07-09-2006, 12:10 AM
I'll be cosplaying as Red Sonja *yay!!! * and SuperSailorMars, and then Faye Valentine if I get the costume ready in time....

ohh much props on cosplaying as Red Sonja! I hope I get to see it. :bigtu:

hmmm what to wear to SDCC. I think I'm gonna wear either Cloud or Luke Skywalker. :angel:

Master Zero
07-09-2006, 02:05 AM
Master Zero, baby ^^ HOLLAH!

BladeCali
07-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Im only going Saturday but im going as Kiba sexy no Justu :)

MamochiZabuza
07-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Very cool. I'll probably be doing Smith on Thursday to kick off the con, so to speak.

Or, you might spot me as a random agent that day, however, I'd be in a trenchcoat since I don't own a black suit jacket. I don't like doing specific characters anymore. And, now that I have a clear earpiece for our radios, I'll look like more of an agent.

Dr.Noe
07-10-2006, 02:43 AM
sweet Crimson Guard!! I loof forward to seeing you! I'm doing Cobra Commander but i'm not sure what day we are wearing our Gi Joe costumes! I'll have to ask!

Faboo! I was planning to don my CG on Saturday (most of the day, Friday: Joker).
Let me know if that works for you guys. It would be great to get us all together for at least part of day.

ethanol
07-11-2006, 03:58 AM
ahahah i just realized there are tons of people going to comic con :) im excited. i'm cosplaying as naruto XD

natsukoarts
07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
ryuho (scryed)
kadaj (FF:Advent Children)
hazel (saiyuki reload)

Mokomoko-sama
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
=O!
I'm gonna go as Kuze Reika from Fatal Frame III. :skidude2:

Mokomoko-sama
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Oh, I forgot to add something..
Do you just walk into Comic Con in your costume or what?

systemerror5150
07-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes. Well at least that's what I do. Even ride the trolley with it on.

xfkirsten
07-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm going in pirate!Elizabeth (from PotC) on Saturday! :)

And yeah, I wear it on the trolley, too. Always a blast when the entire trolley is full of people in costume in the morning. :D

shii x3
07-14-2006, 10:44 PM
I'll be going as Da Qiao (Dynasty Warriors 5) on Saturday and (hopefully) Sunday. I'm not even close to finishing the costume though. T___T Hopefully... I pray that it'll get done by then. xD

ACXchan
07-14-2006, 11:44 PM
The Corinthian (The Sandman)
John Constantine (Hellblazer)
Jesse Custer (Preacher)
Poison Ivy (Batman)
The Cluracan (The Sandman)

That's my list and yes one of them is not like the others @D@

Nekobo
07-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Uryuu Ishida, Quincy style~

KoJiRoH
07-15-2006, 05:43 PM
I think I might not cosplay because I don't have enough time to finish my costume but then I read techieCL's response about being ron stoppable (haha!) and I thought to myself, why not just make a fast costume. Any idea's on a costume that takes less than 8 hrs to make? Well character wise.:bigtu:

Princesssailorm
07-15-2006, 10:33 PM
ill be going as sailor moon from pgsm all 3 days ^_^

AuraGirl
07-19-2006, 10:35 PM
And a last minute addition..I'll be wearing Velma from Scooby Doo on Friday, and possibly Thursday. Still wearing the angel costume, but that'll be on Saturday ^^

sacha
07-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Yazoo's coming with me, possibly Alessa, and definately my LOVEGEN girl outfit (Sh15uya) :D probably bringing two different shirt/skirt sets so I can wear one Friday and one Sunday or something

I'm working on finishing this ultra sparkly/stickertastic foamy bat thing so I have a weapon for the LOVEGEN costume XD