PDA

View Full Version : Youmacon

Anne Packrat
11-03-2005, 10:46 PM
There was talk of going to Youmacon in two weeks for a day. Is anyone else interested?

Splenda
11-03-2005, 11:17 PM
If it's just a day, I can probably ask off of work and go....when is it exactly? And who else is interested? I'll have to see. ^^

KnuxieChan
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
When and where is it? o_o

Miyabi-
11-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Rameana and I were talking about going up on Friday since it would be impossible for both she and I to get a Saturday off nowadays. >_<

Anne Packrat
11-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Shippo, hon it's uh, in two weeks. Not sure of exact dates. It's in Troy, MI.

Maybe we could do both?

Bobbi
11-04-2005, 12:44 PM
It's next weekend.

I work on Saturday. ;_; But if anyone's going for just Friday, I'd like to come along... just as long as we get there early. XD

KnuxieChan
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
That's about 2 hours and 40 minutes away for me.. I'd probably wear Pyramid Head. XD

Miyabi-
11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I wanna go buuuut...I wouldn't be able to leave home until a little after 8am. (I get paid on Friday mornings)

Anne Packrat
11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Well what time do you all have to be at work on Sat? We could go up REALLY early Friday and stay Friday night.

Bobbi
11-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I have to be at work at 3... but I also got a very tiny paycheck. o_O So I donno...

Anne Packrat
11-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I have to be at work at 3... but I also got a very tiny paycheck. o_O So I donno...

Well, if we stay at a non-con hotel like a Day's Inn, then it'd be a lot cheaper.

*Sugar*
11-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I'd maybe be up to going, I'm free on Friday, but I work at 9am on Saturday x_x;;;

Splenda
11-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Well if you guys are going on Friday, I can't go. I have classes, and I can't skip stuff again...

Anne Packrat
11-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Well if you guys are going on Friday, I can't go. I have classes, and I can't skip stuff again...

Well I'd like to go for Sat.... But I don't want to go alone.

Bobbi
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Good news! I'm able to get Saturday off! Hurray! So I can go for Saturday, or Friday and Saturday. But as far as rooming goes (if for both days), I'm going to be extremely broke. >_<

So it would probably be wiser to go for just Saturday.
Cosplay sign up begins at 9am. I would like to get there at about that time. I know Anne has a habit of leaving kind of late. (no offense Anne) So maybe we can all hang out on Friday night and then drive down there really early on Saturday? From my house it takes 2 hours and 43 minutes to get there. So I'm thinking we should leave at like 6 am. That would put us there by 9-10ish depending on getting lost, any restroom/food breaks or things like that. Does that sound reasonable?

I think I'm going to enter Psychicer Yuna in the masqurade... since I don't have the funds to finish Usada right now. Can someone print up some reference material for me? I don't have a printer. >>

*Sugar*
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
I can attempt to switch days with someone ~.~;; ... .. . biiiig attempt.... but I don't know if it'll be possible... I'll try.... so Sat instead of Friday?

KnuxieChan
11-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Bobbi's plan sounds good too me, I've got some nice card paper so I can print a pic of Yuna for you.

Anne Packrat
11-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Bobbi's plan sounds good too me, I've got some nice card paper so I can print a pic of Yuna for you.

Okay. I was planning on forcing Ryan to go, but if you all are up for it that's cool.
So Friday and Saturday or just Friday?

Might I suggest that if we all do have to fit in one car, that we make an effort to leave the bigger props at home? Like swords, staffs, and, oh I dunno anchors.... (I do plan on bringing a head, but I can make it in a small area.)

Miyabi-
11-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Waaah! I can't go on Saturday...I have to be at work at 1pm. >_< And I definately can't afford to stay in a hotel at the moment.

KnuxieChan
11-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Blah. What day are we going then?

And.. no big props? I'll be Tron Bonne then.

Anne Packrat
11-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Okay, Plan so far:

If Kim is willing to drive and IF I can get a room for Saturday night at the Hilton:

We meet at Kim's house REALLY early, like 6 or 7, drive to the Con. Check into the hotel, con etc. Stay at the Hilton that night. Drive back Sunday morning.

If we have four people the cost for room and con will be 47 dollars. If we have five or more it will go down accordingly.

If we need two cars then I will drive as well.

So as you can see I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS COMING NOW.

(Keep in mind that I don't require payment on the room right away, but I will expect it eventually. So if you don't have it this week, that's cool, but get it to me before the January.)

UPDATE: We are too late to get the con room rate, so I got a room at the Embassy Suites six blocks away for 10 dollars more. If we have five people this will come out to 43.99 per person for the room and con admission. I need to know soon if this is unacceptable.

Again, I do not need to be paid right away for the room.