PDA

View Full Version : Musical Troupe help

SuthrnBelleChan
02-05-2003, 06:01 PM
When your in a musical troupe or performing solo, are there any special righta you have to achieve to be able to perform a song from a game or anime series? Cuz I'm doing Yuna's performace outfit and I am gonna perform "real emotions" and I just wanna know if I have ot do anything special in order to do that

Babbit_Chan
02-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Not that I know of - I think you just have to provide the music, but then again I'm not sure.

Rosiel
02-06-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm moving this to skit/masquerade discussion.

SuthrnBelleChan
02-06-2003, 04:29 PM
ok, sorry rosiel. i wasn't sure what catagory it went under

Miaka No Baka
02-07-2003, 12:11 AM
I'm guessing you're wanting to perform like in the masquerade or something. Well some masquerades don't want karaoke performances in their masquerades (ax is an example of this) mainly because they have a separate event for this: the karaoke contest. Now there's also open mic karaoke if you just wanna sing for the heck of it and not compete. And some masquerades (I'll use ax for an example) like having special presentations. Last year there was a highschool band playing and they played anime and video game music and they were all wearing ff costumes it was cool ^_^ But for those kind of performances they generally want it to be something unique and special, not a joe smith and his friends up there on stage fooling around.

as for providing stuff, music is a must, if you can get a karaoke version it'd be best, otherwise it's hard to say if the convention you're at can do vocal dampening to sorta tune down the volume on the singer's voice so ppl can hear yours. ^_^; Mics sometimes are available, it depends on the convention you are attending. Ax's masquerade does not provide use of microphones for the contestants(special presentations i think are exempt from that rule) but fanime con's does, some places might be able to do simple lighting stuff I dont know you'd have to contact the convention staff before the big event.

Your best bet is to contact the convention staff with your idea and see if they have an event or an opening for u to do that ^_^

Miaka no Baka

SuthrnBelleChan
02-07-2003, 06:34 AM
I'm talking about a performance, musical troupe, etc. I didn't know what cons would allow a musical troupe to come. Cuz right now we're still setting up the troupe, but I'm going to perform as Yuna at a con once I get this routine all the way down. I jsut gotta wait for the game in March

But thanks for the help Miaka no Baka!

Miaka No Baka
02-07-2003, 10:58 AM
ah ok. Well if you do become wide known you can be invited to conventions and perform as guests. Ask sailor jamboree about this ^_^; Oh yeah some masquerades will let you exhibit only (not for judging) so perhaps your group can do that.

Miaka no Baka

SuthrnBelleChan
02-07-2003, 11:09 PM
That's what i'm going for. ^_^ Hopefully all will work out well. The theme song is gonna be my main song, but I would liek to perform all the songs from FX-2 I can and also get a Paine and Rikku and start that as a musical troupe