PDA

View Full Version : Youmacon IMPORTANT

Anne Packrat
11-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I need to know ASAP who is interested and who isn't. Who would splitting a hotel room with us, etc. If it's just a few people then we might not be able to go. The official hotel has rooms for 85 a night.

Now we could stay two nights or just one, but we need to work this out NOW.

There is also a Red Roof Inn not to far away which has rates for 59.99 a night. (Maybe less with my AAA).

Anne Packrat
11-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Okay, Plan so far:

If Kim is willing to drive and IF I can get a room for Saturday night at the Hilton:

We meet at Kim's house REALLY early, like 6 or 7, drive to the Con. Check into the hotel, con etc. Stay at the Hilton that night. Drive back Sunday morning.

If we have four people the cost for room and con will be 47 dollars. If we have five or more it will go down accordingly.

If we need two cars then I will drive as well.

So as you can see I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS COMING NOW.

(If you don't have the money for the room right now that's fine, just pay me back before January.)

UPDATE: We are too late to get the con room rate, so I got a room at the Embassy Suites six blocks away for 10 dollars more. If we have five people this will come out to 43.99 per person for the room and con admission. I need to know soon if this is unacceptable.

Again, I do not need to be paid right away for the room.

KnuxieChan
11-06-2005, 05:01 PM
I've got a dumb question.. are we gonna register for the con, or it's not worth it? *has no money! XD*

Anne Packrat
11-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I've got a dumb question.. are we gonna register for the con, or it's not worth it? *has no money! XD*

I think we're only going for Saturday so I'm not sure it's worth it. The forty dollar + figure I mentioned includes Saturday Con fee.

Bobbi
11-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm going!

I won't be able to pay for the room fee right now, but I can pay you back for it in a few weeks. Do you have paypal?

Anne Packrat
11-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm going!

I won't be able to pay for the room fee right now, but I can pay you back for it in a few weeks. Do you have paypal?

Yes I do. Gas however, will need to be paid for now.

Bobbi
11-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Alright, I can do that. I'll just pack some sandwiches and bring some food and stuff to drink at the con. ^^

Thankfully gas prices have gone down quite a bit. :)

Splenda
11-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I will try to go. I'll let you know soon. Tracy says the same. Terri cannot go :(

KnuxieChan
11-06-2005, 09:54 PM
$25 for Sat registration.. not bad. Plus gas money.. and I'll have to pay you back for the room, or I can bribe my parents. I'll have to talk it over with them.

Anne Packrat
11-07-2005, 01:09 AM
$25 for Sat registration.. not bad. Plus gas money.. and I'll have to pay you back for the room, or I can bribe my parents. I'll have to talk it over with them.

K. If we take two cars pyramid head may be an option.

KnuxieChan
11-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Blah.. don't think I can go. Mom keeps pressuring me about having a job so I can pay for conventions.. x.x;

Anne Packrat
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Blah.. don't think I can go. Mom keeps pressuring me about having a job so I can pay for conventions.. x.x;

Well, tell her you're going with us, and it's cheap compared to a full con.

Mikepower9
11-08-2005, 12:26 AM
If things are getting tight for you, my team this con will be getting a room somewhere. Though you would have to share with:
A pretentious pre-law
A wanna be linguistics grad-student
An undergrad psych researcher
A freshman animation student

We're all guys, if that is an issue. The only other potential issues are that we giggle a lot, and violently discuss Oshii films from time to time.

We'll have a room friday and saturday, so if your plans fall through, we'll take refugees. We won't do credit though.
Hopefully it won't be an issue though. Have fun!

Anne Packrat
11-08-2005, 01:48 AM
If things are getting tight for you, my team this con will be getting a room somewhere. Though you would have to share with:
A pretentious pre-law
A wanna be linguistics grad-student
An undergrad psych researcher
A freshman animation student

We're all guys, if that is an issue. The only other potential issues are that we giggle a lot, and violently discuss Oshii films from time to time.

We'll have a room friday and saturday, so if your plans fall through, we'll take refugees. We won't do credit though.
Hopefully it won't be an issue though. Have fun!

Oh we already have a room. It's at the Embassy Suites down the road. We just have it for Saturday night.

Miyabi-
11-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Man, I wanna go with you guys but I could only go on Friday and possibly stay the night but I'd have to leave pretty early on Saturday because I have to be at work by 6pm. >_<

Splenda
11-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Sorry guys, I can't go. We're having family visit this weekend that we don't get to see often. I hope you guys all have a good time though!

*Sugar*
11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I'd probably still be able to go... maybe

Anne Packrat
11-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I'd probably still be able to go... maybe

When can you let me know? It's important. And do you want to try to room with Mike now that only three of us are going?

*Sugar*
11-09-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I can go, and I'm alright with whatever concerning rooms, whatever's cheaper is usually better, I supose ^.^;;

Anne Packrat
11-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Ryan has offered to cover whatever you all can't pay right off. So maybe we should just keep the Embassy Suites room.

*Sugar*
11-10-2005, 02:26 PM
alright, I'll leave that decision up to you...

Sammie_San
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Is it this weekend?

Bobbi
11-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Whatever is fine with me. =)

Okies... anyone who's going with us, can you print up this attached piccy for me?

Anne Packrat
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Is it this weekend?

Yes, hon.

*Sugar*
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Whatever is fine with me. =)

Okies... anyone who's going with us, can you print up this attached piccy for me?
I printed it out for you ^^ I'll put it with my GG book

Mikepower9
11-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Ann... by chance, is your Ryan Ryan Mathews?

Anne Packrat
11-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Ann... by chance, is your Ryan Ryan Mathews?

Yes.

Mikepower9
11-19-2005, 01:20 PM
That's... cool.

Anne Packrat
11-21-2005, 05:30 PM
That's... cool.

Sorry, I thought it was generally well-known. But he is a very cool individual. Even if he's retired.

Mikepower9
11-30-2005, 03:47 PM
He's retired? Is that why I haven't noticed any articles of his recently?

That's a shame

Anne Packrat
11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
He's retired? Is that why I haven't noticed any articles of his recently?

That's a shame

Yes. He's hasn't attended a con in two years either. He's tired of dealing with the same bullpocky and with the attitudes of some fans nowadays. I can't say I blame him.

Mikepower9
12-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Actually, that's why his name was so near the surface in my mind! One of the guys on our forums posted a rant of his about cons. Now one of our aspirations is to make a convention that he would be pleased to attend.

Oh... also.. I just now (like while writing this post) saw that I had a PM. I'm sorry I didn't see that earlier. I hope it didn't cause too much trouble. I'm really sorry.

Anne Packrat
12-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Actually, that's why his name was so near the surface in my mind! One of the guys on our forums posted a rant of his about cons. Now one of our aspirations is to make a convention that he would be pleased to attend.

Oh... also.. I just now (like while writing this post) saw that I had a PM. I'm sorry I didn't see that earlier. I hope it didn't cause too much trouble. I'm really sorry.

It's cool.

Yeah, Ryan likes to go on little rants. I'm sure he'll be pleased that he helped inspire you all though.