PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Photoshoot?

Tess
11-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Hey guys. XD I looked around and didn't see a thread for it, so I am curious as to whether anyone else is interested in holding a Cosplay.com gathering/photoshoot on Saturday?

I did find this quote from CCAmanda in last year's thread:
I think you have to ask Admin if you can organize it or something, and the organizer has to be over 18. Just thought you'd like to know ^_^.

Can anyone give me more solid information about this? I'm 21, so age isn't a problem, but I'm far too softspoken to organize a large gathering. >__<; So, is anyone else up for the task?

@-->--- Tess

gamergirlx
11-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I think you just have to get Admin's permission to hold a photoshoot under the title of "cosplay.com photoshoot." I think if Kyle or EBK were attending they schedule the shoot themselves. If they don't attend, I think they just want someone responsible to be accountable for it, I guess. Never hurts to send a pm to admin just in case. Holding a photoshoot isn't too big of a deal. Go For It!

quadrain61
11-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey guys. XD I looked around and didn't see a thread for it, so I am curious as to whether anyone else is interested in holding a Cosplay.com gathering/photoshoot on Saturday?

I did find this quote from CCAmanda in last year's thread:

Can anyone give me more solid information about this? I'm 21, so age isn't a problem, but I'm far too softspoken to organize a large gathering. >__<; So, is anyone else up for the task?

@-->--- Tess

Just PM admin and ask

Since it's 9 days left until the con, someone may as well. Just set a time for Saturday (Concerts being held on Friday and Sunday) and people will come.

I found this - http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=47058

Last year it was held at the entrance of the hotel at 12:45pm on Saturday
Just choose a place, either the Lobby (http://quadrain.com/Gallery/animeusa2004/DSC03197_copy), the outside grassed area, and a reasonable time. 12:45 pm again?

Just bring a megaphone to the con :rolleyes:

eBay Sniper
11-09-2005, 06:18 PM
im in, aslong i dont forget like ota

lunasreincarnat
11-10-2005, 11:55 PM
ill go if the time is set in stone... everytime i go to one of theese things they are so disorganized. and it usaually is like delyed or like only a few people show up. id run it but im sure id be plenty busy in artist alley.

Fireflystar
11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Wherever it is, let us not repeat the mistakes of last year and have it in the hotel entrance. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=226777

Tess
11-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Well, I was hoping someone would have a suggestion for a meeting place, since, as I mentioned in my first post, this is my first trip to Anime USA. n_n; I'll send Admin a PM about this tomorrow, perhaps. In the meantime, I'd appreciate any suggestions! ^__^

@-->--- Tess

SkippingSith
11-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Hmm...there's always OUTSIDE the main entrance. That might work. AUSA is fairly small so it's hard to organize larger gatherings. The hotel lobby is usually the least crowded space.

senshi_meiousei
11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
How about the outside area that had the half-circle brick wall and the stone floor?

quadrain61
11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
How about the outside area that had the half-circle brick wall and the stone floor?

I forgot about that place, I think that would be suitable
Are you talking about This? (http://quadrain.com/Gallery/animeusa2004/DSC03186_copy)

With the time and looking at what Saeto said, how about Saturday at 3:00pm?

lunasreincarnat
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
last year i begged people not to have every shoot inthe lobby, and we did.. thus causeing messed up shoots.

out side might be ok.. depends on HOW COLD its gonna be...

Fireflystar
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeah..I'm gonna be in a skirt and midriff showing >< ummm..hm..lemme think of a place..I dont see a problem with sat. a 3pm. But I'd rather not be outside. It is going to be probably in the 50's outside.

Tess
11-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I really like the outside area. Thanks for the picture, Quadrain. XD How about we meet outside at 3PM, and if it's too cold for everyone to handle [especially those in smaller costumes, like Fireflystar], we can then discuss a place to move it inside? I'm just looking for a good, easy-to-find spot for everyone to commune, so we don't lose anyone. ^__^ But 3PM definitely works for most of us?

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas. Like I said, I've never been to AUSA before, so the suggestions are very definitely appreciated! <3

@-->--- Tess

senshi_meiousei
11-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I forgot about that place, I think that would be suitable
Are you talking about This? (http://quadrain.com/Gallery/animeusa2004/DSC03186_copy)

With the time and looking at what Saeto said, how about Saturday at 3:00pm?

Just adding another picture from another angle...this shows the backdrop of the area: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=229594

Tess
11-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey all, just wanted to report that we have official permission from Admin to hold the gathering. XD Outside the main entrance at 3PM is our meeting place [again, if it's too cold, we can move indoors once we get a large enough group assembled]. I'm going to post this in the main "AUSA Photoshoot" thread, so we can get the word out. XD

Out of curiousity, what will you guys be wearing to the shoot? I'm awful at matching faces to usernames, so hopefully it will help if I know what characters to look for. *facepalm* I'll be wearing Wedding Yuna on Saturday.

@-->--- Tess

senshi_meiousei
11-13-2005, 01:59 PM
I have no clue what I'll be wearing...something Sailor Moon-ish most likely.

lunasreincarnat
11-13-2005, 02:25 PM
um i have no idea i might be wearing a wedding dress as well.. :secret costume:

Miroku205
11-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I will be wearing my Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist on Saturday, and I will be there. ^__^

Fireflystar
11-15-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm terrible about being at photoshoots but..Full Moon of FMWS if I can make it

Koneko_Asami
11-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Mmkay. I'll be there, either in Shuichi, or Military Miniskirt Ed. Probably Ed, considering the FMA shoot is a little after that xD. Wheeee. Looking forward to this n_n

End Lifeking
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
For me: Seth from KOF, Dudley from SF 3rd Strike, or Battle Royal student. It just all depends on which Im wearing around that time.

RaveMastaSora
11-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Yayyy. Not going to miss this one like i did the one at otakon >m<

Buttt, I'll be in my KH2 Sora with my girlfriend as KH2 Kairi :D

Nameless
11-16-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm up for it. I will ether be in my Chris Redfield CVX of one of my FF Tactics Mages.

I also checked and it sounds like it's going to be cold.

beach_bum1303
11-16-2005, 04:42 PM
---

bag0k
11-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Hoorah! I still have pictures of last year's c.com photoshoot. I hope this year's is bigger! And yeah, having it in the lobby last year was awfly hectic... :/

Out of curiousity, what will you guys be wearing to the shoot? I'm awful at matching faces to usernames, so hopefully it will help if I know what characters to look for. *facepalm* I'll be wearing Wedding Yuna on Saturday.

@-->--- Tess
I'll be wearing my secret suprise costume... which doesn't help now, does it? XD Naah, but I'll say that I'll be carrying a sword and wearing blue and black. That is all! *nodnod*

Spiffy
11-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I'll prolly be Ryuichi (just look for the chick with the bunny and the horrible unmatching colors!) for the Cosplay.com shoot....I think...whoo. XD

Purple Flames
11-17-2005, 12:33 AM
If all works out, I'll be a Quincy from Bleach (the first version BTW).

Hinata-Chan
11-17-2005, 05:18 PM
H'm..i Guess Liokia and I are in.

Oh yeah....

I'll be Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
on saturday.

Tess
11-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Seeing how cold it's been the past few days... >___< I think it's safe to say that I will be waiting for everyone to show up for the photoshoot in the LOBBY, not outdoors. If everyone's willing to brave the cold, we can trot outdoors, but otherwise we may have to have it in the lobby or agree on another spot in the hotel [the pool area has been recommended to me a few times].

So yeah, look for a Wedding Yuna in the LOBBY. XD Saturday @ 3PM.

This will probably be my last post here before I start packing up for tomorrow, so I hope to see everyone there! Have a safe drive/flight!

@-->--- Tess